Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E25: Friday The Thirteenth

• Start Topic

Catelynn and Tyler sign Nova up for daycare; Maci throws a surprise birthday party for Taylor; Simon gets hypnotized to get over Farrah; Amber and Matt lock their wedding venue; and the girls travel to New York.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it's great that Nova will be in a safe environment for a few hours a day.

I wonder if they are going to New York to film the reunion.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 14

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/8wxh09/teen-mom-sneak-peek-amber-is-fed-up-with-matt-s-apologies

When do you all think this scene was filmed?

8 minutes ago, druzy said:

I think it's great that Nova will be in a safe environment for a few hours a day.

I'm going to guess that April has relapsed or they've had a falling out (we haven't seen her in a while -- she's lost in Boogietown) so they're putting Nova in daycare. 

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/ek7t8w/teen-mom-sneak-peek-nova-s-first-day-at-pre-school

Another "first" for Nova where Catelynn is missing....

• Love 18
(edited)

Matt and Amber seem so in love and so happy!!!

And LOL at Tyler thinking he would have to sneak out so as not to upset Nova. They have left her for days and days at a time!!!! It's not her first time being left with someone else. 

Edited by poopchute
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, teapot said:

Friday the Thirteenth:  SOPHIA SNAPS!  "Daddy Derek made me do it..."

Haha, no.  Jeff makes you snap, Daddy Derick just makes you rearrange your memory.  

• Love 10

When do you all think this scene was filmed?

Is it New York airport? Amber's hair in that scene looks just like it did in the recent episode where she was sitting on that ugly chair. Matt is so stupid. He talks to Amber not knowing she is mic'd up. Amber seems to only have a bit control and feels comfortable telling him "No" when they are around people and she is in a public place. I am sure that is not how she talks to him when they are alone. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Is it New York airport? Amber's hair in that scene looks just like it did in the recent episode where she was sitting on that ugly chair. Matt is so stupid. He talks to Amber not knowing she is mic'd up. Amber seems to only have a bit control and feels comfortable telling him "No" when they are around people and she is in a public place. I am sure that is not how she talks to him when they are alone. 

Looked like a lobby or something. Probably at MTV studios

There is another preview clip that has Amber, Cate, and Maci talking about a girls night.

That probably caused a fight with Matt because Amber dared do something without him.

Also Matt asks how she's going to answer all these questions. She states she'll just lie.

Edited by ClassyCourtHeels
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Looks like an airport. Must have just filmed an after show or were on their way?  Can anyone date her hair? What was Matt in trouble for that week? Was this the first time Amber was mic'd up in an airport (in hopes to catch some of the discord)? It's a lot of work for the field producers to record in the airport. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Sounds so sick when he is calling himself 'daddy'!

Maybe he should change it to 'gramps'!

He is so, so gross.

Especially gross when he has like a dozen children, including one the same age as Amber. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Especially gross when he has like a dozen children, including one the same age as Amber. 

I still can't imagine how he got so many women to sleep with him,

not like he had any money to really charm them with. I mean look

at him-he is so not attractive at all, at least to me he isn't!

How in the hell did he do it??

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

He is manipulative. For 25+ years he has been able to identify the woman's weakness and use it to his advantage.  Amber has daddy issues so he has her call him Daddy. Woman #6 survived abuse -- well so did Matt! What do you know. He takes on the role that is needed to suck the dummy dry. 

• Love 24

Although I have referred to Matt as a con artist, he is not a true con artist. A true con artist knows how to cover their tracks while moving forward. They don't leave obvious tracks like the ones he leaves behind.

Matt picks females who are likely naïve, troubled, have problems like @CofCinci pointed out. It is the same sick game abusers use when choosing their victims. They don't pick just any person. They hone in on someone who they can easily control and manipulate. Matt clearly came across some pretty needy women. In order to find these woman he had to sniff them out.  They may have just left a bad marriage, relationship or suffered a loss of some kind. Matt is there for what my husband calls "sympathy hugs".  I never heard of such a thing until years ago when he mentioned it to me after we saw a cousin of mine at a get-together in the arms of a guy. Her husband had just passed away four months prior. He advised me to be careful of guys who will come sniffing around should he pass away before me. lol 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Although I have referred to Matt as a con artist, he is not a true con artist. A true con artist knows how to cover their tracks while moving forward. They don't leave obvious tracks like the ones he leaves behind.

Matt picks females who are likely naïve, troubled, have problems like @CofCinci pointed out. It is the same sick game abusers use when choosing their victims. They don't pick just any person. They hone in on someone who they can easily control and manipulate. Matt clearly came across some pretty needy women. In order to find these woman he had to sniff them out.  They may have just left a bad marriage, relationship or suffered a loss of some kind. Matt is there for what my husband calls "sympathy hugs".  I never heard of such a thing until years ago when he mentioned it to me after we saw a cousin of mine at a get-together in the arms of a guy. Her husband had just passed away four months prior. He advised me to be careful of guys who will come sniffing around should he pass away before me. lol 

Thanks for educating me, I have never heard of this before either. He must have made the searching a full time job. Creepy.

• Love 3

I read some of the beginning of his 'book', and he makes it seem like MTV hand him cuffed and bound, and that he had NO CHOICE but to become part of the show. How can you make an adult do anything that they don't feel right doing, never mind a 45 year old father of so many?? He is just so full of it, thinks he should be right there with the rest of the "Teen Moms", when he should not be showing his face at all. Never mind writing a book, that was so full of Farrah and family, I read that he had to remove 31 pages about her-31 pages is a lot from one regular size book! I am sure that he saw dollar signs in his eyes when he was writing the thing, but I hope his sales are very miniscule. Like his brain.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I read some of the beginning of his 'book', and he makes it seem like MTV hand him cuffed and bound, and that he had NO CHOICE but to become part of the show. How can you make an adult do anything that they don't feel right doing, never mind a 45 year old father of so many?? He is just so full of it, thinks he should be right there with the rest of the "Teen Moms", when he should not be showing his face at all. Never mind writing a book, that was so full of Farrah and family, I read that he had to remove 31 pages about her-31 pages is a lot from one regular size book! I am sure that he saw dollar signs in his eyes when he was writing the thing, but I hope his sales are very miniscule. Like his brain.

He has choice. Such a liar. TR Dues was not filmed. I think Chelsea dated Cole privately at first because he didn't want to be on television. 

• Love 10

Mamber look like they're in a hotel lobby. I froze a frame and saw a sign behind them that said "Front Desk." I can't even begin to guess which one, but it looks like the giant screen behind where Matt and Amber are talking is one of those pictures that changes (because it's a video screen).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Mamber look like they're in a hotel lobby. I froze a frame and saw a sign behind them that said "Front Desk." I can't even begin to guess which one, but it looks like the giant screen behind where Matt and Amber are talking is one of those pictures that changes (because it's a video screen).

@druzy found a sign on the wall that noted a date of April 6th. Is there any info on her Twitter for that date or around that date?

You all have great eyes!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I guess that confirms Amber and Matt were in NYC in that sneak peek video. 

Didn't see the video, but it could have been the trip prior to the reunion.

Farrah; "Sofia is very interested in acting so I scheduled a private class for her"

"ok Sofia let's go to acting class" 

sofia: "I don't want to go to acting I don't like  that" 

farrah: "yes you do, let's go!"

dude why is she always pushing this kid?? Telling her what to do and think. Oh man I think I'm gonna have a lot to say this episode! I might take notes! 

She literally dragged her out on a luggage cart!!!

And where is this acting class? A parking garage??? 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, KittyKat133 said:

Farrah; "Sofia is very interested in acting so I scheduled a private class for her"

"ok Sofia let's go to acting class" 

sofia: "I don't want to go to acting I don't like  that" 

farrah: "yes you do, let's go!"

dude why is she always pushing this kid?? Telling her what to do and think. Oh man I think I'm gonna have a lot to say this episode! I might take notes! 

She literally dragged her out on a luggage cart!!!

And where is this acting class? A parking garage??? 

I'm going to defend Farrah here. My own kid has said "Mom, I really want to do X."  I'll let her ask a few times, show me some interest -- I'll find the class -- and then *bam* the kiddo doesn't want to go.  Sorry, I just paid for it after you asked and ask -- now you're going and I don't care if you now don't like it. 

• Love 21

I agree about Sophia saying she didn't want to go, that could have been her feeling that day after insisting she wanted to.  Seemed like a weird-ass acting lesson to me though, and that guy looked like he was drinking a beer?  I was way more put off by how Farrah obviously told her they'd be moving into the townhouse and then gave her a hard time about mentioning it when she was talking to the tenants like that isn't her plan.  She's a kid, don't tell her one thing and then get upset that she called you on it when you lied in front of her!

Is this hypnotist paying to be on the show, or what?

Matt is so gross, talking about lapdances in front of Leah? "Daddy"?  Amber continually getting back with him after all of this is just sad.  I'm not her biggest fan, but it's disappointing to watch her go back and forth with him instead of just standing up for herself and telling him to fuck off for good.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I'm going to defend Farrah here. My own kid has said "Mom, I really want to do X."  I'll let her ask a few times, show me some interest -- I'll find the class -- and then *bam* the kiddo doesn't want to go.  Sorry, I just paid for it after you asked and ask -- now you're going and I don't care if you now don't like it. 

Agree. I did the same shit when I didn't want to go to ballet and tap classes even though I was eager to attend those classes. Kids say that kind of thing for just about anything they don't want to do at that moment like soccer practice or piano lessons. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Poor Nova inherited Catelynn's big forehead and unfortunate-looking hairline. 

Someone mentioned that Cate and April probably had a falling out since Butch suddenly fit toward Nova  and now she is suddenly ready for pre-school(day care).  Guess they aren't use to a kid interrupting Cate sleeping in or her many excursions to Boogie town.

So Amber and Matt can buy out Sam Ash but can't pay back child support or Uncle Sam?

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Ffiferoo said:

I agree about Sophia saying she didn't want to go, that could have been her feeling that day after insisting she wanted to.  Seemed like a weird-ass acting lesson to me though, and that guy looked like he was drinking a beer?  I was way more put off by how Farrah obviously told her they'd be moving into the townhouse and then gave her a hard time about mentioning it when she was talking to the tenants like that isn't her plan.  She's a kid, don't tell her one thing and then get upset that she called you on it when you lied in front of her!

It was a Starbucks cup. Probably some kind of tea. I could see boxes that you check off on the cup

• Love 5
On 6/10/2017 at 1:57 AM, mittsigirl said:

I read some of the beginning of his 'book', and he makes it seem like MTV hand him cuffed and bound, and that he had NO CHOICE but to become part of the show.

I'm sure Matt begged to be filmed.  Watch him now, pulling the producers aside to bitch about Amber, chatting up the other moms.  He fancies himself a star. Why did he  have to come to NY for Amber's interviews?  Tyler & Taylor stayed home.  

Maci looked really pretty in the NY scenes.  Her makeup was on point.  

The timeline is confusing me.  Of course, Amber's varying hair colors don't help. Catelynn looked a lot bigger this episode than she did in Puerto Rico.   

• Love 13

If the girls flew to NYC to do press, why was Matt there?  Seriously, why was he there?  And why is he carrying around xanax?  Oh, right - in case Amber needs one.*  Please.  That was so gross - he took a transgression of his and made it about Amber.  Manipulation 101 - make her go from anger to appreciation.

*  If Amber is supposedly sober, isn't xanax off-limits for her?

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Why is Simon still on this show? Does he enjoy degradation?

He's a famewhore like the rest of them.

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

It was interesting to watch Sophia interact with the acting coach. She was the most cogent and coherent I have ever heard her. But the acting guy had a full beer on the desk while he coaches a child actor? Who does that?

Me, if I had to deal with her. Well, probably moonshine, I don't have the patience I used to have. I suspect that away from Farrah and Debra, Sophia is much better behaved. 

I would really like to know what the Amber/Matt fight was over, because I don't believe it was about a Xanax. Unless, it was about him giving away one of her Xanaxs without permission. He said to her something like, "You know I won't do it again" which doesn't quite fit with giving away a Xanax. He won't do what again? Carry a pill in his pocket in case she needed it? Does that mean he has been drugging her? 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Why is this episode titled "Friday the Thirteenth?" 

Is it a reference to the day Amber and Matt had set for their wedding day in October?

Yes.

Amber's cousin pointed out the date, and asked if it wasn't bad luck.  The venue person replied - no, it's actually good luck!  That made me chuckle.  Trying to make the sale!

Edited by LotusFlower
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

This hypnosis bullshit on the aftershow is beyond the pale.  Every time they pan to the audience members looking shocked at how amazing this "Hollywood Hypnotist" is, I want to vomit.  In what back alley did they find this jackass ?

Edited by SuzyLee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I have so many questions about why Matt randomly has a friend who just gives out xanax and also.. why he thinks he can just give them out to people? Also the fight was clearly about other things.

This episode was boring, aside from the Matt and Amber of it all.

And it needs to be said again, breaking the 4th wall was cool and interesting for the first season of OG, but now watching the show within the show content isn't anymore. Watching them do press and interviews to make us watch what we are already watching is boring.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

This hypnosis bullshit on the aftershow is beyond the pale.  Every time they pan to the audience members looking shocked at how amazing this "Hollywood Hypnotist" is, I want to vomit.  In what back alley did they find this jackass ?

I didn't get an aftershow. It was a Sweet 16 something or other. I turned to Better Call Saul but thanks for letting me know it's not worth tracking down. I'm going to guess that they are trying to give the hypnotist a soft opening to see if there is any interest in a show with him, like they do with the psychics. 

• Love 3
On 6/9/2017 at 8:40 PM, mittsigirl said:

Oh Mittsigirl I have wondered this but didn't want to comment on someone's looks but Damnnnnnnn, he is very unattractive.  Everytime I see him I wonder what did this young girl see?  My mom always told me that looks weren't everything that it's what's inside that counts.  But I always wondered how will I get to the inside if I don't like the outside.  Multiple women liked Matt enough to have children with him.  Maybe his personality is different then what he shows to us.  He must have something that some of us are just not seeing.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, lasandi said:

Oh Mittsigirl I have wondered this but didn't want to comment on someone's looks but Damnnnnnnn, he is very unattractive.  Everytime I see him I wonder what did this young girl see?  My mom always told me that looks weren't everything that it's what's inside that counts.  But I always wondered how will I get to the inside if I don't like the outside.  Multiple women liked Matt enough to have children with him.  Maybe his personality is different then what he shows to us.  He must have something that some of us are just not seeing.

It is obvious that Matt did the same manipulating techniques on them that he is now doing on Amber. He specifically searched for females who have self-esteem problems and found out what it was about them that made them feel insecure. He gives compliments when it needed. He makes them feel special. Once he has them in his web, he gaslights and controls. 

• Love 12
(edited)
On 6/9/2017 at 8:47 PM, CofCinci said:

He is manipulative. For 25+ years he has been able to identify the woman's weakness and use it to his advantage.  Amber has daddy issues so he has her call him Daddy. Woman #6 survived abuse -- well so did Matt! What do you know. He takes on the role that is needed to suck the dummy dry. 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:59 PM, GreatKazu said:

Both of you and Splain too make so much sense.  I didn't see this before I typed my opinion.  I wonder if he started first talking to them and reeling them in online so by the time they actually saw him, looks didn't matter because he was already their soulmate.  My opinion of him is not just his looks, it's everything that I see watching this show.  That line he said to the producer about her giving oral to somebody not to air his crap.  He was already too much but that just threw him over the top.  Who does he think he is?  He is begging to marry this girl before the MTV money goes away.  Honestly if he was a nice guy, it wouldn't matter about his looks.  But from what I see, Amber Run for your Life!!

Edited by lasandi
Wanted to add Splain in as well
  • Love 6