Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Varys someone to bounce off.

I also mentioned Sansa also looks like she's listening or paying attention to something or someone, and we still have the scroll she intercepts maybe.

Gosh, maybe we should have a Best Last Line contest thread before they all get clipped over the next month. 

Like I said above, to me, the Hound has to die at KL, hopefully lying next to a re-dead Mountain, a dead Cersei, and a wounded Tyrion. Hound tooks at Tyrion says "Oh, fer fuck's sake I AM going to die in this shit city, surrounded by Lannister c****......AND MY ASSHOLE BROTHER!!!!!!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

...I actually prefer Sansa going full bitch as opposed to being sweet and strong as she was at Blackwater, disgusting Cersei. 2x09 Sansa was devout, naive, courteous, and horrified by Cersei's behaviour. S8 Sansa is Cersei 2.0: admiring of Cersei, rude, bitchy, deeply embittered, and hateful of anyone outside her family. It makes sense that when push comes to shove, she would behave just like Cersei behaved. Full circle, baby!

She may be frustrated and upset with the situation, wishing she could fight and be out there with everyone, but I really don't think she'll be downright contemptuous of everyone in the crypt like Cersei was in Blackwater. 

Honestly it looks to me like she's crying.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

As the Lady of Winterfell, shouldn't Sansa be leading her people not in the crypts? 

Many of her people will be in the crypts.

But what would you have Sansa do?  She has no military training, and though she can provide insight into opponents that she knows such as Ramsay and Cersei, she doesn't have any about the Night King that everyone else doesn't have.

Besides, it's the job of the Warden of the North to lead the Northern armies, and in Sunday's episode, Daenerys referred to Jon as the Warden of the North.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I also mentioned Sansa also looks like she's listening or paying attention to something or someone, and we still have the scroll she intercepts maybe.

Sophie accidentally revealed that the spoilery scroll is from the last episode. I wouldn't expect to see anything about it in 8x03.

I'm still very curious about those storyboard gifts, but I think Gwendoline Christie's (which we learned a while ago was from S8) must have been the knighting scene.

It sounds awful, but I'm kind of eager for some of the fat to get trimmed from the cast. They should keep things lean and mean heading into the back three episodes, and if that means killing off a ton of characters, well, I can live with that.

7 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

She may be frustrated and upset with the situation, wishing she could fight and be out there with everyone, but I really don't think she'll be downright contemptuous of everyone in the crypt like Cersei was in Blackwater. 

Sansa's downright contemptuous of everyone who isn't her relative (or someone she considers her relative, like Theon) already. "Everyone who isn't us is an enemy" and all that (a Cersei quote, but one Sansa would approve of, I'm sure). I don't see why the crypt people would get a pass.

Honestly it looks to me like she's crying.

She can be weepy and bitchy at the same time. Tyrion looked teary in that one shot of him in the crypts from the 8x03 promo as well. So much for boosting morale, heh.

Edited by Eyes High
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Sansa's downright contemptuous of everyone who isn't her relative (or someone she considers her relative, like Theon) already. "Everyone who isn't us is an enemy" and all that (a Cersei quote, but one Sansa would approve of, I'm sure). I don't see why the crypt people would get a pass.

They're mostly from Northern families. I don't think she'll be contemptuous of them.

• Love 5

We know Arya is ending up in the crypts fighting with her new dragonglass spear.  She is most likely wouldn't be there unless she is protecting Lady of Winterfell

Edited by DarkRaichu
17 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Many of her people will be in the crypts.

But what would you have Sansa do?  She has no military training, and though she can provide insight into opponents that she knows such as Ramsay and Cersei, she doesn't have any about the Night King that everyone else doesn't have.

Besides, it's the job of the Warden of the North to lead the Northern armies, and in Sunday's episode, Daenerys referred to Jon as the Warden of the North.

Yes, some leaders lead from the behind while others from the front. And that is more snark!

3 hours ago, WindyNights said:

Actually, Dany already agreed to help before he bent the knee. He really didn't bend the knee to save the North. He just did it because love and he felt she was worthy.

3 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

But is that how the North took his statement? In context, it seemed to me he was saying he bent the knee to save the North from being wiped out by the dead by having Daenerys and her army fight with the North.

The North having an alliance with Daenerys didn't require Jon to bend the knee.

Yes, I know. Dany promised to fight with Jon against the NK and the AotD before Jon pledged to her and he kept this a secret from the Northern Lords and Ladies. The point I’m trying to make is Jon thinks Dany earned his support for her cause and he made the gesture as a promise to fight for her later. Quid pro quo. For all the comments about how dumb he is politically, I think he’s one of the few who sees the big picture as he has frequently done when others don’t, and did what he thought would make for a peaceful future, not just an ally in the imminent war. 

He’s also one of the few who has actually fought the AOtD and knows what’s coming. It may piss off the Northerners now that he bent the knee but they don’t need to know when he did it. He did exactly what he told the Northern lords and ladies that he would; brought a powerful ally to his cause and the dragon glass they needed. When they see what they are facing I expect they will understand why Dany’s support is so important. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, MarySNJ said:

It fits, because Ned was the most honorable man Jon had ever known, and the one blot on Ned's honor was his alleged infidelity that led to Jon's birth. Believing that Ned lied to protect Jon out of love for his sister and despite the fact that he was betraying his friend and King Robert by harboring Raegar's son, was more in keeping with Ned's character. As Jon told Maester Aemon at the Wall: "He would always do what was right."

Yup, that too.

6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I agree. You have Bran, Sam, Tyrion, and people like Jon and Tormund who watched the NK raise the dead firsthand in the same room, and this never occurs to any of them? I hope that if there is a wight attack on the crypts, it's that the other wights pen them in and go to town, as that seems more plausible.

Don't the cripts have a couple of tunnels leading to the outside? I' think I remenber this from the books.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

Yes, I know. Dany promised to fight with Jon against the NK and the AotD before Jon pledged to her and he kept this a secret from the Northern Lords and Ladies. The point I’m trying to make is Jon thinks Dany earned his support for her cause and he made the gesture as a promise to fight for her later. Quid pro quo. For all the comments about how dumb he is politically, I think he’s one of the few who sees the big picture as he has frequently done when others don’t, and did what he thought would make for a peaceful future, not just an ally in the imminent war. 

He’s also one of the few who has actually fought the AOtD and knows what’s coming. It may piss off the Northerners now that he bent the knee but they don’t need to know when he did it. He did exactly what he told the Northern lords and ladies that he would; brought a powerful ally to his cause and the dragon glass they needed. When they see what they are facing I expect they will understand why Dany’s support is so important. 

Again, Jon's kind of boring, due to his uninteresting flaws (which is why I don't care if he isn't still alive at the end of the show) but  I've never understood those he say he's dumb. He constantly has to remind all the other knuckleheads that their political conflicts are meaningless, in the context of a supernatural enemy bent on killing them, WITH A HUGE ARMY OF UNDEAD CORPSES WHO DO NOT NEED FOOD, WATER, OR SHELTER!

I really want Jon, if he lives through this, to tell them "Do you get it now, you effin' morons!?".

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

We know Arya is ending up in the crypts fighting with her new dragonglass spear.  She is most likely wouldn't be there unless she is protecting Lady of Winterfell

Or maybe she is cornered by the WW into that direction.

18 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Don't the cripts have a couple of tunnels leading to the outside? I' think I remenber this from the books.

IIRC, Maester Luwin mentioned them to Theon back in S1 or S2.

10 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I really want Jon, if he lives through this, to tell them "Do you get it now, you effin' morons!?".

So much this. I'm afraid I'll be too emotionally devastated after 8x03 to appreciate it, though. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DarkRaichu said:

Can she be running through the Crypts to get to Bran? I have no idea if the crypts have tunnels (but, I've seen that spec many times, that people will escape the NK through the secret tunnels in the crypts). Could they also lead to where Bran was playing bait?  Maybe she's running towards instead of from?

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

It may piss off the Northerners now that he bent the knee but they don’t need to know when he did it. 

If the North resent Dany because they think she's only there because Jon gave her the North, they kinda of need to know when he did it. I imagine Sansa "I'm not going to feed your army that came here to help me" Stark will have had a different welcome to said army if she knew they were coming there expecting nothing in return. She might - should - have been pissed at Jon but have borne Dany no ill will. 

Of course this entire storyline/season has been a badly written agenda to demonise Dany to prop up just about everyone else. Heck, I could even argue that once D & D weren't shackled by the source material, everything they've written has been a Dany hate-fest.

Edited by ursula
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, ursula said:

If the North resent Dany because they think she's only there because Jon gave her the North, they kinda of need to know when he did it. I imagine Sansa "I'm not going to feed your army that came here to help me" Stark will have had a different welcome to said army if she knew they were coming there expecting nothing in return. She might - should - have been pissed at Jon but have borne Dany no ill will. 

Of course this entire storyline/season has been a badly written agenda to demonise Dany to prop up just about everyone else. Heck, I could even argue that once D & D weren't shackled by the source material, everything they've written has been a Dany hate-fest.

I think the North would probably resent Dany either way because she’s “foreign” with a foreign army, the Mad King’s daughter and has big scary Dothraki hoard and even bigger, scarier dragons. Sansa might have been a little warmer to her if she had known the when and why Jon bent the knee, but Sansa already suspects the Jon bent the knee out of love, and based their conversation, when Dany said “I’m here fighting because I love your brother” which is basically Dany admitting that she would have done it anyway, Sansa’s reaction is basically, “That’s nice. What about afterwards?”  

Sansa doesn’t really get it because she hasn’t seen the AotD yet. I get that she’s thinking about the here and now and trying to keep the castle running, but Jon and Dany have seen what they are facing and there may not be an afterwards if they don’t fight together now. So, him making future promises to Dany is contingent upon her willingness to risk everything for the graceless Northerners. 

And speaking of the North, how many people actually live there? How many able-bodied fighters for self-defense in their imagined independent kingdom? If they can’t even defend themselves, why would they be so hostile to joining the Queen who is willing actually prove that she’s willing to ‘protect the realm’ with her armies and dragons?  

As for D & D demonizing Dany, I really hope you’re wrong but I fear you’re right. 

Edited by MarySNJ
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Again, Jon's kind of boring, due to his uninteresting flaws (which is why I don't care if he isn't still alive at the end of the show) but  I've never understood those he say he's dumb. He constantly has to remind all the other knuckleheads that their political conflicts are meaningless, in the context of a supernatural enemy bent on killing them, WITH A HUGE ARMY OF UNDEAD CORPSES WHO DO NOT NEED FOOD, WATER, OR SHELTER!

People think Jon's dumb because he's done a lot of dumb things.  When I have more time, I'll list some of them.

And political conflicts weren't so meaningless when Jon first went to Dragonstone and refused to bend the knee. If anything, it undercut his argument about the danger of the Army of the Dead.

• Love 4

I've been rewatching "Beyond the Wall," and as awesome as that episode is, the whole endeavor was obviously a total disaster because without Viserion, who knows how long it would have taken the NK to breach the wall (years, potentially) and it resulted in only one recruit: Jaime.

So I like to speculate that Jaime will wind up playing an absolutely pivotal role in these last few episodes - so we can say that "well, without the wight-capture, Jaime wouldn't have been THERE to do THAT." Similar to how it seems obvious that Beric is in place to do something specific.

I just don't think that Jaime's endgame is simply to kill his sister. It seems too prosaic. I could buy that Arya wearing Jaime's face might do it (that seems legit and likely). Would love for it to be Sansa, though. 

39 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have no idea if the crypts have tunnels

Don't they? Isn't that how Osha, Hodor, and the boys slipped in while the Ironborn were there? I bet Winterfell has a whole system of tunnels, maybe even down to the village.

• Love 4

Since one site has Grey Worm as the #1 to die, I have to say I don't think he dies here.  The only reason I think he will survive Winterfell is because unless it is a total misdirect in an interview he talked about Grey Worm's evolution/journey this season being surprising...and he has had not had any "evolution" or "journey" in the first 2 episodes. I just hope it does not include his betraying Dany or doing something cowardly.

4 hours ago, Stella said:

Yes I agree completely and I don't think we can take everything Jon has been doing at face value, or as being honorable to a fault.

“Honorable to a fault” may be a poor choice of words, but Jon’s honorable rescue of Hardhome freefolk got him killed by some of his own men, and Ned’s honorable mercy towards Cersei and her children got him arrested and charged with treason. 

I think Jon made the right decision even if it was unpopular knowing what they were facing, but Ned should probably have been less of a stickler for the laws of succession and taken Renly’s advice. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

So I like to speculate that Jaime will wind up playing an absolutely pivotal role in these last few episodes - so we can say that "well, without the wight-capture, Jaime wouldn't have been THERE to do THAT." Similar to how it seems obvious that Beric is in place to do something specific.

I think Jaime is about to 100% wash his honor clean and redeem himself not only as a knight, and him swearing Brienne in the last episode very much felt like he was renewing his vows, but he will also redeem himself as a Kingsguard.

• Love 4

Circling back to Tyrion's alleged betrayal: if both Jon and Dany die, isn't Westeros back in its original position, with all powerful houses fighting for control? The show made a big deal of pardoning Jamie because all that he did, he did for his family and his house. If the show is winding down and Tyrion and Cersei (and her fetus) are the only Lannisters left, would Tyrion betray the Starks in order to support his own house? I think he would, especially if Dany and her dragons are gone. Do we have any real evidence that Jon and Dany survive and appear in the last two episodes? ETA: Friki mentioned that HBO sent actors and sometimes their body doubles to Seville to throw leakers off.

Edited by LilaFowler
42 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

People think Jon's dumb because he's done a lot of dumb things.  When I have more time, I'll list some of them.

And political conflicts weren't so meaningless when Jon first went to Dragonstone and refused to bend the knee. If anything, it undercut his argument about the danger of the Army of the Dead.

Everybody's dumb from time to time. However, when you dismiss what it means to be attacked by a supernatural being who can raise the dead, have them violently attack you, while he can throw ice spears which kill dragons that you have no effective weapon against, then raise the dragon from the dead, which proceeds to destroy the barrier which has stood for thousands of years, in favor of arguing about which monarch will bend the knee to another monarch, well, that is burying the needle on the ol' numbskull-o-meter.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

just don't think that Jaime's endgame is simply to kill his sister. It seems too prosaic. I could buy that Arya wearing Jaime's face might do it (that seems legit and likely). Would love for it to be Sansa, though. 

There is nothing “prosaic” about Jamie killing Cersei, IMO. They are entangled and so fucked up, all their actions as a couple ended hurting people, including their own children. They ruined each other in the process while having agency of that, which is disturbing and fascinating at the same time. There’s a reason the Valonqr is such a huge deal I’m the books. And while it is not that big in the show, the idea is there.

I honestly don’t see Sansa killing Cersei and I don’t see this as a criticism, I just don’t think that her story with Cersei is up to Jamie’s or even Tyrion.

And as far as Arya’s go, I won’t be surprised if she changes after BoW and a that carnage.

• Love 8

OT: some small thing I keep thinking about...Sam's speech about memory and the Starks', "The North remembers." All that makes me think the Starks have been stewards of this world's memory...or does that no work cuz of who the older 3ER was? (we never know for sure if he was a Stark)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

Not in the eyes of most people. Most people thought that Dany was evil for not believing a complete stranger's story about Zombie Snowmen and abandoning a war that she was winning and she had spent all her life preparing for to save him and his people. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, MadameKillerB said:

OT: some small thing I keep thinking about...Sam's speech about memory and the Starks', "The North remembers." All that makes me think the Starks have been stewards of this world's memory...or does that no work cuz of who the older 3ER was? (we never know for sure if he was a Stark)

The north remembers to me has always been more of a "vengeance" type sentence than anything else. The north remembers the Red Wedding, Lady Hornwood's fingers, Torrhen's Square . . . (they remember in the books, they've forgotten on the show). 

With regard to Dany, any chance that line we hear from Bran in the trailer for the show about everything that happened led you home (or something like that) was intended for Dany? No one knows or understands what she has gone through, especially before she came into her power, because she has been so isolated from everyone, but Bran would know and since he is this know-it-all higher being/power/tree zombie, I think he has a duty to should acknowledge that. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Content warnings are out for 8x04: adult content, adult language, and violence.

Adult content? I guess some will reaaaally want to to enjoy those last moments before the NK arrives.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I don't think so.

You're trying hard to put her on Cersei level, she's not, the worst she'll be is QOT model.

Many were wrong on previous pictures and clips, or the context did not match, so Sunday will be here soon enough.

• Love 6
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Adult content? I guess some will reaaaally want to to enjoy those last moments before the NK arrives.

Does “adult content” mean sex scenes?

I don’t imagine there will be any sex scenes in the last two episodes, so 8x04 is probably the last chance. With that said, Rebecca Van Cleave (Lena’s nude body double) worked on Season 8, so I guess any Cersei nude scene would have to be in the last two episodes.

17 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I don't think so.

You're trying hard to put her on Cersei level, she's not, the worst she'll be is QOT model.

Many were wrong on previous pictures and clips, or the context did not match, so Sunday will be here soon enough.

I see a lot of Cersei in Sansa, not surprisingly given that Sansa now canonically sees her as some sort of aspirational figure. It’s kind of sad that Sansa has turned into a mini-Cersei given how horrified she once was by Cersei, but there you have it.

I’m fairly sure that the Sansa still is from the crypts, that the Varys/Tyrion still is from the same scene, and that the person Sansa is giving the stink eye in the still is Tyrion. She’s been pretty cold to him in S8, so if they’re trapped at close quarters, she probably won’t pass up an opportunity to go in on him.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, GraceK said:

My first impression was that it looked like Littlefinger. Then I had to remind myself not to get too tinfoily.

Well he did die at Winterfell, so he could come back, though it's hard to imagine the return of Aiden Gillen wouldn't have leaked.

5 hours ago, Wouter said:

I don't think Edric Storm would be a threat, after all he would have reason to be grateful to Jon/Dany/whoever because they raised him up from bastard to lord of one of the seven kingdoms. The Baratheons have been rebellious before, but came back into the fold.

If Danny or Jon want to rule, they'll need a basis for support. By acknowledging the rule of those who came before them (even if Danny personally considers the whole Baratheon line as a bunch of traitors), they should gain their support for their rule. Edric Storm is at least known as a Bastard Noble (unlike Gendry, whose lineage is unknown to most people - other than Melisandre, everyone who knew Robert was his father is now dead), so the Stormlands should accept him as ruler in the absence of any legitimate heirs, just like the North accepted Jon Snow as Ned's bastard (even if he actually wasn't).

4 hours ago, Minneapple said:

"You had sex with Gendry? In the forge? TWICE?" 

It'd be an even better homage if Sansa casually says to Gendry "...if you're not too busy having sex with my sister" (followed by him walking into a wall)!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, John Potts said:

It'd be an even better homage if Sansa casually says to Gendry "...if you're not too busy having sex with my sister" (followed by him walking into a wall)!

Oh my God I need this to happen now.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

With regard to Dany, any chance that line we hear from Bran in the trailer for the show about everything that happened led you home (or something like that) was intended for Dany? No one knows or understands what she has gone through, especially before she came into her power, because she has been so isolated from everyone, but Bran would know and since he is this know-it-all higher being/power/tree zombie, I think he has a duty to should acknowledge that. 

Given the spoilers about some big Night King reveal and the apparent connection better 3ER and NK as well as Bran waiting for him in the Godswood. Could Bran be talking to the NK?

• Love 1

Just out of curiosity I checked the Foxtel GOT ratings warnings for ep 1 and ep 2.  Ep 1 specified violence, sex and nudity and ep 2 only specified adult themes.  I guess Arya's sideboob and the Gendrya sexytimes didn't meet Foxtel's definition of sex and nudity lol.  Sadly, they appear to be so spoiler-phobic they aren't releasing any ratings warnings for ep 3 in advance.

So if there is some sort of adult content warning for ep 4 maybe it is a sex scene without full on nudity?

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Content warnings are out for 8x04: adult content, adult language, and violence.

Jaime and Brienne are doin' it. It is known.

There was a rumored scene in a village where a woman would be assaulted, but the "flirtatious Northern girl" scene didn't happen (and somehow I don't think they'll go for light-hearted in  8x03 or 8x04) so...

12 hours ago, Minneapple said:

We need a caption contest for the Sansa/Arya pic.

"You had sex with Gendry? In the forge? TWICE?" 

ARYA TO SANSA:  "Gendry and I forged a relationship."

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Assuming the scene with the flirtatious Northern girl wasn't cut, I think there's a good chance she's going to be used to make one half of a couple or potential couple jealous.  I would think Jon and Gendry would be the main candidates.  Possibly Jaime, but the Northerners still seem to have an aversion to Lannisters.

I guess it could be something random like Bronn going to a brothel when he gets to town, or Tyrion's "I can no longer whoremonger" resolve being tested.  I hope it's Jon for the sole reason that I find it absolutely bizarre that no Northern women have tried to land the hot, young, single (as far as they know) King/Warden.  Like, I know Northerners are dumb as a box of rocks, but this really takes the cake.  Not one single girl has thought she might like to be the King's/Warden's wife and climb the social ladder?  Not one single Lord has told one of his attractive daughters to try and get Jon into bed so said Lord can try and force a marriage?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

On Freefolk, someone translated all the recent tweets from Friki. While he can't spoil anything anymore, he answers a few Questions what he "thinks" will or won't happen in These tweets. Nothing too specific, but one gets a general feeling. Especially interesting is that he thinks that at the end a council will rule: 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Jaime and Brienne are doin' it. It is known.

There was a rumored scene in a village where a woman would be assaulted, but the "flirtatious Northern girl" scene didn't happen (and somehow I don't think they'll go for light-hearted in  8x03 or 8x04) so...

I’m thinking the flirtatious Northern girl scene was from 8x01 or 8x02, was for the reason @bubble sparkly said (to make half of a couple jealous), and was cut for time. I doubt anyone will be feeling super flirtatious after the AOTD gets through with them...unless it’s a scene from the epilogue. 

1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Assuming the scene with the flirtatious Northern girl wasn't cut, I think there's a good chance she's going to be used to make one half of a couple or potential couple jealous.  I would think Jon and Gendry would be the main candidates.  Possibly Jaime, but the Northerners still seem to have an aversion to Lannisters.

I guess it could be something random like Bronn going to a brothel when he gets to town, or Tyrion's "I can no longer whoremonger" resolve being tested.  I hope it's Jon for the sole reason that I find it absolutely bizarre that no Northern women have tried to land the hot, young, single (as far as they know) King/Warden.  Like, I know Northerners are dumb as a box of rocks, but this really takes the cake.  Not one single girl has thought she might like to be the King's/Warden's wife and climb the social ladder?  Not one single Lord has told one of his attractive daughters to try and get Jon into bed so said Lord can try and force a marriage?

Yeah, it seems unlikely that Jon wouldn’t be deluged with hot girls throwing themselves at him and lords trying to marry off their daughters.

• Love 2

Since the literally only thing that would make me feel this show was a waste of my time is Dany going mad and be a villain (anything else, be it her death or not being on the throne wouldn't do that), I take every reassurance I can get. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Just out of curiosity I checked the Foxtel GOT ratings warnings for ep 1 and ep 2.  Ep 1 specified violence, sex and nudity and ep 2 only specified adult themes.  I guess Arya's sideboob and the Gendrya sexytimes didn't meet Foxtel's definition of sex and nudity lol.  Sadly, they appear to be so spoiler-phobic they aren't releasing any ratings warnings for ep 3 in advance.

So if there is some sort of adult content warning for ep 4 maybe it is a sex scene without full on nudity?

8x03 also has an adult content warning, so I think the adult content warning probably covers things other than sex scenes. (8x03 and 8x04 have the same content warnings: adult content, adult language, and violence.) With that said, I’ve seen the adult content warning on episodes with sex scenes, like 7x07 and of course 8x02 most recently.

I had thought that 8x04 might be a slower, more reflective episode, but Isaac said that the last four episodes are pretty much nonstop, and of course there’s that violence warning on 8x04.

Edited by Eyes High
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

8x03 and 8x04 have the same content warnings: adult content, adult language, and nudity.)

Wait, someone is getting naked in 8x03?  8x04 I can understand as there will presumably be a bit of a breather from fighting so couples can have "we survived" or "we're related and we don't give a fuck" etc. sex if they so choose.  Surely no one is nuding up in Winterfell in 8x03, so perhaps it will be Cersei since we know the body double filmed something.  Maybe she Gone Girls Euron, or she has the miscarriage that was delayed from s7?

Adult content sometimes is used to refer to conversations about adult subject matters, such as child abuse, incest, drug use, etc. It is basically a catch all for anything that while not explicit, image-wise, would not be appropriate for younger viewers

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

Wait, someone is getting naked in 8x03?  8x04 I can understand as there will presumably be a bit of a breather from fighting so couples can have "we survived" or "we're related and we don't give a fuck" etc. sex if they so choose.  Surely no one is nuding up in Winterfell in 8x03, so perhaps it will be Cersei since we know the body double filmed something.  Maybe she Gone Girls Euron, or she has the miscarriage that was delayed from s7?

Sorry, I meant to type “violence” and not “nudity.” My bad.

...The content warnings as they pertain to sex scenes don’t make much sense to me. Three naked ladies crawling all over Bronn with no sex happening gets a “strong sexual content” warning, but a naked Jon thrusting on top of Dany only warrants an “adult content” tag.

For a show with a reputation as having lots of sex, GOT is actually pretty light on sex scenes. I wonder if Gendry/Arya is the last sex scene we’ll have in the show. 

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I’m thinking the flirtatious Northern girl scene was from 8x01 or 8x02, was for the reason @bubble sparkly said (to make half of a couple jealous), and was cut for time. I doubt anyone will be feeling super flirtatious after the AOTD gets through with them...unless it’s a scene from the epilogue.

Yes, as I said I don't think the mood in 8x04 will be light-hearted.

The character study episode was 8x02, I think. But 8x04 might be a breather, too, a more reflective one with 1) mourning the dead (argh) and 2) placing the characters on the last chessboard for the final run.

If I look at S7 and S8 as halves of the same season, 7x07 and 8x01 would be the "filler" episodes in the middle.

Imo, there will be some Jaime x Brienne and some "Fuck the world, fuck being related, fuck the throne" Dany x Jon sex.

Theon might live to say to Jon "you're a Stark and you're a Targaryen".

• Love 3

Valyrian Steel Swords - I'm concerned that if someone with a valyrian steel sword dies that the sword will be lost.  So are they going to care?  Will someone pick them up?  It's Jorah, Jon, Brienne, Jamie and Arya's dagger.  Anyone I'm missing?  That doesn't seem like a lot and no one mentions that dragon glass and valyrian steel kills a walker.

• Love 1