Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

In re: the question of Ned’s (and Jon’s) honor, when Jon exclaimed that he had bent the knee to Daenerys when Cersei demanded that the KitN remain in the North, I think that he made it pretty clear that he was not going to lie or try to actively manipulate Dany. He even says at the time “...tell me that that [honor] is what got my father killed...” He’s been completely honest with her about everything up to this point, and even Cersei has said “I know that Ned Stark’s son will be true to his word...” by implication, Ned and Jon have a reputation for being honorable to a fault. 

Does the show bother to acknowledge that Jon is actively lying by claiming that he bent the knee to Dany so that she would fight for the North?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

There's no filming information suggesting that Varys, Little Sam, Gilly, and Missandei make it past 8x03, so any of those characters could be potentially killed off as far as I'm concerned. 

Conleth Hill at least was in Seville around the time the last episodes were filmed. And his hair was shaved: https://winteriscoming.net/2018/05/10/seville-game-of-thrones-cast-soccer-real-madrid-sevilla/

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, screamin said:

I just can't believe that the long dead in the crypt are in good enough shape to push off the heavy slabs weighing them down and start killing people - they must be nothing but bones by now. IIRC, even Ned arrived in a box much too small for anything BUT bones. And we haven't seen any walking dead without at least SOME muscle to move them.

The super-decayed skeleton wights that we started to see circa episode 410 are probably why people are theorizing this.  I don’t believe there’s any book equivalent (as yet) to anything like that.

8 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Conleth Hill at least was in Seville around the time the last episodes were filmed. And his hair was shaved: https://winteriscoming.net/2018/05/10/seville-game-of-thrones-cast-soccer-real-madrid-sevilla/

I don’t think Varys can die in 803 simply because he hasn’t done anything yet this season.

• Love 4

Those are a lot of characters that make it to the KL battle. The extra said that five main/named characters die in the battle at Winterfell which means there are still a few characters who might survive, but where are they? 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Those are a lot of characters that make it to the KL battle. The extra said that five main/named characters die in the battle at Winterfell which means there are still a few characters who might survive, but where are they? 

Even if this information is genuine, which I'm not sure about: We don't know whom this particular person considers a main character. It's too subjective a term. Depending on who you ask, "main character" in GoT can mean completely different things.

I am so curious as to how this ep plays out. From the promo and ep 2 it seems like the plan is for Dany and Jon to wait with the dragons to attack the knight king and not be in the main fight on the ground. I’m guessing the knight king will be a no show and Dany will get tired of sitting there doing nothing while her people get attacked on the ground. Jon and Dany will disagree hence what looks like the confrontation on the cliffs from the promo. ( I’m sure Dany will go against what the plan is,  things will to go awry and it will be blamed on Dany, which will be annoying)

I am curious as to how Arya ends up in the crypts. Do they end up having to retreat within the castle?

Do the wights take over Winterfell and that’s why they have to flee, or is it destroyed be dragon fire and unlivable and THATS why they flee.

Its seems everyone flees Winterfell, clip from promo shows Jon and Dany in dragonstone.  But how do they flee? Obviously Jon and Dany can hop on dragon back, but everyone else? If they end up down in the Crypts how to they get out the crypts to flee. Unless there is a underground passage to white harbor.?

Edited by aprilbabe
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Even if this information is genuine, which I'm not sure about: We don't know whom this particular person considers a main character. It's too subjective a term. Depending on who you ask, "main character" in GoT can mean completely different things.

That is why I qualified it with "named." I think any character familiar to the audience would be counted in the five characters e.g., is Tormund a main character? At minimum, he is a supporting character who the audience and the extras would recognize. 

Edited by SimoneS
51 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

Ned and Jon have a reputation for being honorable to a fault. 

Do the facts match the reputation though?

We know that Ned lied to Jon, Catelyn, his entire family and all the world to protect Jon.

We know that Ned lied to Robert on his death bed.

We know Jon lied to Ygritte and the Freefolk.

These are just a few points that come to mind. Yes they are honorable people but they have both made difficult choices that aren't exactly "honorable to a fault".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

I am so curious as to how this ep plays out. From the promo and ep 2 it seems like the plan is for Dany and Jon to wait with the dragons to attack the knight king and not be in the main fight on the ground. I’m guessing the knight king will be a no show and Dany will get tired of sitting there doing nothing while her people get attacked on the ground. Jon and Dany will disagree hence what looks like the confrontation on the cliffs from the promo. ( I’m sure Dany will go against what the plan is,  things will to go awry and it will be blamed on Dany, which will be annoying)

I am curious as to how Arya ends up in the crypts. Do they end up having to retreat within the castle?

Do the wights take over Winterfell and that’s why they have to flee, or is it destroyed be dragon fire and unlivable and THATS why they flee.

Its seems everyone flees Winterfell, clip from promo shows Jon and Dany in dragonstone.  But how do they flee? Obviously Jon and Dany can hop on dragon back, but everyone else? If they end up down in the Crypts how to they get out the crypts to flee. Unless there is a underground passage to white harbor.?

I'm just hoping the writers don't reach the depths of dumbness of having Gendry run back to the wall, to send a raven to Dany, so she could fly up with her dragons to save Jon and crew on a bit of rock in a now completely frozen lake. All to have the plot gift the NK a zombie dragon. That'll always be an episode which annoys me for being written with abject laziness, and I really don't want to see the writers stoop that low in the final four episodes. I'm not very optimistic, however.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MarySNJ said:

In re: the question of Ned’s (and Jon’s) honor, when Jon exclaimed that he had bent the knee to Daenerys when Cersei demanded that the KitN remain in the North, I think that he made it pretty clear that he was not going to lie or try to actively manipulate Dany. He even says at the time “...tell me that that [honor] is what got my father killed...” He’s been completely honest with her about everything up to this point, and even Cersei has said “I know that Ned Stark’s son will be true to his word...” by implication, Ned and Jon have a reputation for being honorable to a fault. 

True. But IMO, Ned being honorable would be consistent with either him never cheating on his wife with Jon's mother OR with Ned having cheated once with Jon's mother when he was a teenager at war, and repenting and reforming since - which was why no one felt there was anything really out of the ordinary with Jon being Ned's bastard. The fact that Ned was honorable has little bearing on whether Bran and Sam decided to make up a story to make Jon king of the IT.

Now, I agree that Dany has no reason to believe that Jon is capable enough of lying well enough to put over such a story on her...she saw him tell the truth to Cersei when lying would have served them both better. But as ursula mentioned, he DID tell the North quite barefacedly that he gave up his crown to save the North, when that wasn't what happened. So at the very least, it would seem plausible that he might be prone to believing a story that isn't true if he wants to believe it badly enough - thus being prone to the manipulation of Bran and Sam.

And if Dany's really feeling insecure, she might start to wonder if his whole noble renunciation of the crown for her sake was just to impress her with his unselfishness and immunity to greed for power - with the intention of softening her up and convincing her of his honesty and lack of ambition when he springs this revelation on her. Though honestly, I do agree that imagining Jon is clever enough to manage that much manipulation is a bridge too far for anyone to believe.  :)

Edited by screamin
1 hour ago, aprilbabe said:

How far exactly can people travel by boat if they want to reach Winterfell? I know that the last part to the castle one has to travel on land, but how far is it exactly? Maybe the GC arrives by boat and this is how the fugitives escape: With the boats from the GC. They could travel from White Harbour to the Vale, and this is how Robin Arryn comes back into play.

Edited by BadAssRobinArryn
27 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

How far exactly can people travel by boat if they want to reach Winterfell? I know that the last part to the castle one has to travel on land, but how far is it exactly? Maybe the GC arrives by boat and this is how the fugitives escape: With the boats from the GC. They could travel from White Harbour to the Vale, and this is how Robin Arryn comes back into play.

https://winteriscoming.net/2015/11/10/game-of-thrones-fan-tabulates-distances-between-places-in-westeros/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KAqa9wwODqaFkegqf8Si6fmuE55-M-GMIj0ZmcKUFxs/edit

Edited by GrailKing
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Wasn't there a Fleak, Yara comes with ships?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Stella said:

Do the facts match the reputation though?

We know that Ned lied to Jon, Catelyn, his entire family and all the world to protect Jon.

We know that Ned lied to Robert on his death bed.

We know Jon lied to Ygritte and the Freefolk.

These are just a few points that come to mind. Yes they are honorable people but they have both made difficult choices that aren't exactly "honorable to a fault".

Sometimes a lie can be honorable. Ned lies to and about Jon because he believed it was the right and honorable thing to do to keep his promise to his sister and to keep his nephew from being murdered by order of King Robert. If Ned had told anyone the truth about Jon he would have risked endangering not only Jon’s life but also being charged with treason against the King which would have affected his whole family. We know that Ned had a falling out with Robert over the murder of Rhaegar’s other children, and he was willing to quit as Hand of the King rather than approve Robert’s plan to assassinate Daenerys. 

Ned lied to Robert on his death bed as  a kindness to a dying friend. If Robert had recovered, I believe Ned would have told him the truth. But alerting Stannis and refusing Renly’s proposal concerning Joffrey, Marcella and Tommen, and then telling Cersei he had discovered the truth about her incest and her children’s bastard status, while trying to give Cersei a chance to flee and save their lives later, is what led to Ned’s arrest for treason and death. 

Why did Jon lie to Ygritte and the free folk? Because he was doing his sworn duty and also because his life depended on it. However, he was unable to murder innocent civilians he had sworn to protect during his time among the free folk, which led Jon to abandon Ygritte and nearly got him killed. Faced with a choice between remaining with Ygritte or violating his oath, he chose his duty over love. 

Jon believed saving the lives of the free folk was the right (but unpopular thing) to do and ended up being killed for it on the show. 

I think their motivations were honorable with very few exceptions.  Your mileage may vary.

In any case, it’s not the secrets they kept that gave them the reputation for honor, it’s the truths they told and their willingness to do something difficult or thankless when they thought it was the right thing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, screamin said:

True. But IMO, Ned being honorable would be consistent with either him never cheating on his wife with Jon's mother OR with Ned having cheated once with Jon's mother when he was a teenager at war, and repenting and reforming since - which was why no one felt there was anything really out of the ordinary with Jon being Ned's bastard. The fact that Ned was honorable has little bearing on whether Bran and Sam decided to make up a story to make Jon king of the IT.

Now, I agree that Dany has no reason to believe that Jon is capable enough of lying well enough to put over such a story on her...she saw him tell the truth to Cersei when lying would have served them both better. But as ursula mentioned, he DID tell the North quite barefacedly that he gave up his crown to save the North, when that wasn't what happened. So at the very least, it would seem plausible that he might be prone to believing a story that isn't true if he wants to believe it badly enough - thus being prone to the manipulation of Bran and Sam.

And if Dany's really feeling insecure, she might start to wonder if his whole noble renunciation of the crown for her sake was just to impress her with his unselfishness and immunity to greed for power - with the intention of softening her up and convincing her of his honesty and lack of ambition when he springs this revelation on her. Though honestly, I do agree that imagining Jon is clever enough to manage that much manipulation is a bridge too far for anyone to believe.  🙂

Jon did give up his crown to save the North. Daenerys might have agreed to help without him bending the knee for the short term but I think he felt she had proven herself worthy of his fealty and eventually the issue of Northern independence would have come up anyway. He believed that an alliance with Dany was in the best interests of the North. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

Jon did give up his crown to save the North. Daenerys might have agreed to help without him bending the knee for the short term but I think he felt she had proven herself worthy of his fealty and eventually the issue of Northern independence would have come up anyway. He believed that an alliance with Dany was in the best interests of the North. 

Actually, Dany already agreed to help before he bent the knee. He really didn't bend the knee to save the North. He just did it because love and he felt she was worthy.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

But is that how the North took his statement? In context, it seemed to me he was saying he bent the knee to save the North from being wiped out by the dead by having Daenerys and her army fight with the North.

The North having an alliance with Daenerys didn't require Jon to bend the knee.

Edited by GodsBeloved
Just now, SeanC said:

That’s just somebody else in the crypts.

My first impression was that it looked like Littlefinger. Then I had to remind myself not to get too tinfoily. 😂

• LOL 1
18 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

But is that how the North took his statement? In context, it seemed to me he was saying he bent the knee to save the North from being wiped out by the dead by having Daenerys and her army fight with the North.

The North having an alliance with Daenerys didn't require Jon to bend the knee.

No it didn’t. He has given up power at every turn from the start giving the pups to the stark children and counting himself out and joining the night’s watch. 

It makes a case for him getting the thrown in the end. 

And the throne also. 

Edited by Affogato
Can’t spell apparently
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Those photos don't give away much. Why are Dany and Jon on the hill overlooking the battle? Did they fly there to wait for the NK? I wish they would give Dany some armor, the Dothraki also. The Mongols wore armor and also put it on their horses to protect them.

I just noticed that Tyrion is also in the crypts.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Are we sure Sansa is in the crypts? I know it's awfully dark in the crypt scenes, but I don't think we've seen those black curtain-like things in the crypts before.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

In ep. 3 voice over, Sansa mentions looking truth in the face, could that point to something as benign as we have to rebuild ?

If Sansa and Bran are left behind.

She could be talking to Jon about this claim to the throne.  Maise or Sophie (I can't remember which) confirmed they will find out and the response is interesting.  I'm not sure when Jon would have time to tell them...unless they already know.  Bran could tell them.

Looks like Sansa and Arya are together in the preview.  I don't think it was said Sansa would be in the crypts.

Edited by dirtypop90
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

That places Winterfell 340 miles to White Harbor, the closest port for large boats. There's no way a large number of humans who need water, food, and some occasional respite from the cold can retreat that far, with an army which needs none of those things is in active pursuit. The only thing that makes any sense is that the NK bypasses Winterfell to head towards KL with some of his WW, raising, along the way, a new AotD in a southern Westeros with a lot more boneyards, while his other WW attack Winterfell with the zombies reanimated much further north. The living win decisively at Winterfell, at great cost, with the aid of two live dragons, but then realize that the NK, by the time he gets to KL, will have raised an even larger army of zombies. The Winterfell victors have to haul ass 340 miles to White Harbor, which they can do because they don't have to fight large scale battles on the way, get on ships, and sail to KL, beating a slowly raised and marching (the energy conservation principles of the dead are thankfully and conveniently  never explained) zombie army on their very long road to KL. Poor Hot Pie won't be able to bake his way into the good graces of the NK, I fear.

Just barely plausible, even in what the genre allows. It could be a lot worse, so I'll take it! No injuries due to excessive eyeball rolling! Hooray!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

Sometimes a lie can be honorable. 

Yes I agree completely and I don't think we can take everything Jon has been doing at face value, or as being honorable to a fault.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

As the Lady of Winterfell, shouldn't Sansa be leading her people not in the crypts? 

Well, the people in the crypt are her people too. Remember the battle of Blackwater and her conversation with Cersei. She has a duty to protect them, to comfort them, to make them feel safe as well. And if the crypts are not so safe and she's there, then, well, she'll have a lot more on her hands than anticipated. Maybe that's what Arya is so terrified of -- they find out the dead have awoken in the crypts, and that's what she's running to. Maybe Dany telling Jon "the dead are already here" is about the dead in the crypts.

But like I said -- I don't know if the photo of Sansa is in the crypt. It doesn't look like it, but maybe it comes before or after the battle.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, SeanC said:

If the intent of the costuming was to convey Sansa as a refugee wearing borrowed/gifted clothes, they wouldn't be such perfect custom-tailored ones as that dress, which has all the usual hallmarks of what Clapton gives Sansa for her own handmade creations.

Sansa doesn't have to be refugee in the Vale or the Riverlands, assuming the NK has been dealt with she could be send (on a mission) to either place by Jon/Dany.

In the case of the Riverlands, to claim it for the Targ/Stark alliance using her Tully blood (hopefully freeing Edmure in the process, if he survived) and the help of at least a small military force.

In the case of the Vale, to go thank Robyn personally (and in the name of queen/warden/king) for all his help and ask for more food and resources of him, while she is at it.  Could be 8x05 or 8x06 stuff, depending on the status of the NK and Euron/Cersei.

Especially a scene with Robyn probably wouldn't take too much to film, nor take much running time in an episode.

21 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

But wouldn't a legitmised Baratheon be a threat to whoever ends in the throne? I can't see Dany doing this if she becomes queen, and I can't see whoever is Jon's hand allowing him to do it if he becomes king.

I don't think Edric Storm would be a threat, after all he would have reason to be grateful to Jon/Dany/whoever because they raised him up from bastard to lord of one of the seven kingdoms. The Baratheons have been rebellious before, but came back into the fold.

Gendry would be even less of a threat, he never even liked his father who abandoned him.

20 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I doubt Tyrion would have a “Look what a Lannister loyalist I am” outfit, with the gold Lannister clasps and gold swirls on black leather of the kind he wore in 3x10, just lying around on Dragonstone...although if one were looking for evidence of Tyrion switching sides, Tyrion’s Tywinesque EW outfit certainly does raise some questions.

Good point, I didn't notice the Lannister accents. On a similar note to what I wrote about Sansa, he could go claim Casterly Rock with those clothes, especially in case Dany and/or Jon end up granting the castle and its lands to him (as his endgame or part of his endgame). That has always been one of the potential endings for this character, allthough the leak of all leaks has pushed this to the background.

4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I'm curious about Sansa's line "The most heroic thing we can do now is look the truth in the face," which as delivered by Sophie Turner sounds very grim and defeated. Is she talking about accepting their imminent death? Accepting defeat and abandoning Winterfell to the WWs?

I'm not certain whether or not Sansa will be in the crypts (the pictures and trailers seem inconclusive, so far), but if she is, it could end up mirroring the Blackwater and Cersei's performance there. The Red Keep being the equivalent of the crypts in Winterfell, as safe haven that is only safe as long as the defenses of the castle hold. Sansa was already contrasted with Cersei there, but maybe we get a double take on that with Sansa now in a more senior role.

Edited by Wouter
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SeanC said:

I don’t think Varys can die in 803 simply because he hasn’t done anything yet this season.

ITA. Same for the Hound. Both were on my roster, but I changed my mind. The Hound has been on the backburner in the first two episodes so he should have more to do after the battle of WF. Which means that most secondary characters who had things to do before the battle of WF have a higher chance to die.

Those pictures don't give anything away, DAMNIT.  Only six of them? Sheesh.

I think Gendry's new costume is similar to Arya's, and I don't think he's going to fight in his blacksmith clothes. Gah. (Yes I love characters who are good loyal  decent guys, defend the little ones from bullies, love strong women in general and my baby Arya in particular. Sue me.)

I'm a much more collected poster when I'm spoiled rotten, sigh.

• Love 3

I do love the terrified look on Jaime's face. 

My list of dead is Pod, Jorah, Tormund, Edd. I think Missandei is a goner too. Royce can go and take his resting sour puss face with him. 

Hot Dothraki must live! As long as he lives, everyone else can die. He can become Khal and sit the Iron Throne and adopt Ghost since Jon stopped loving him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I do love the terrified look on Jaime's face. 

My list of dead is Pod, Jorah, Tormund, Edd. I think Missandei is a goner too. Royce can go and take his resting sour puss face with him. 

Hot Dothraki must live! As long as he lives, everyone else can die. He can become Khal and sit the Iron Throne and adopt Ghost since Jon stopped loving him.

Not Tormund!  Who's going to comfort Brianne when Jamie dies? 😉

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

ITA. Same for the Hound. Both were on my roster, but I changed my mind. The Hound has been on the backburner in the first two episodes so he should have more to do after the battle of WF. Which means that most secondary characters who had things to do before the battle of WF have a higher chance to die.

Those pictures don't give anything away, DAMNIT.  Only six of them? Sheesh.

I think Gendry's new costume is similar to Arya's, and I don't think he's going to fight in his blacksmith clothes. Gah. (Yes I love characters who are good loyal  decent guys, defend the little ones from bullies, love strong women in general and my baby Arya in particular. Sue me.)

I'm a much more collected poster when I'm spoiled rotten, sigh.

I agree, ya' can't kill off the Grumpy Old Hound yet. He's the best black hole of comic relief remaining. You can kill him in the last episode, but only if you give him the right last words!

1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

Looks like Sansa and Arya are together in the preview.  I don't think it was said Sansa would be in the crypts.

yeah, I'm not sure that's a wolf statue next to Sansa, there's like cloth or formed metal, like legs, and it looks like Arya behind her.

They all look tired, Sansa looks worried, but seems she's listening about something.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

As the Lady of Winterfell, shouldn't Sansa be leading her people not in the crypts? 

Sansa's not a fighter stop whinging, she's doing a lot more then Cersei ever did, and you could say the same for Tyrion. Once shit hits the fan she's going to be forced there, either by Jon, Arya whom ever.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

But like I said -- I don't know if the photo of Sansa is in the crypt. It doesn't look like it, but maybe it comes before or after the battle.

Someone on FF thinks she's in a room when she learns of Theon's death.

3 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Sansa's not a fighter stop whinging, she's doing a lot more then Cersei ever did, and you could say the same for Tyrion. Once shit hits the fan she's going to be forced there, either by Jon, Arya whom ever.

I am snarking at Sansa not whinging. I would say the same about Tyrion if he wasn't ordered by his Queen to stay in the crypt. 

• Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I'm not certain whether or not Sansa will be in the crypts (the pictures and trailers seem inconclusive, so far), but if she is, it could end up mirroring the Blackwater and Cersei's performance there. The Red Keep being the equivalent of the crypts in Winterfell, as safe haven that is only safe as long as the defenses of the castle hold. Sansa was already contrasted with Cersei there, but maybe we get a double take on that with Sansa now in a more senior role.

Now that there's Sansa's 8x03 promo voiceover of "The most heroic thing we can do is look the truth in the face" (delivered in a grim tone) as well as a still from 8x03 of Sansa looking bleary-eyed, weepy and sour, it seems likely that Sansa goes full Cersei at Blackwater and is the hopeless, bitter one.

In between a bloodied Arya dashing through the halls in a teary-eyed panic and Sansa resigning herself to death and giving other people in the crypts (?) a Cersei-worthy bitchy side eye, it looks like reality is finally setting in for Arya and Sansa. Good.

I would not have pegged Tyrion to end up in the crypts, unless it's to give Varys a scene partner. In that one closeup from the 8x03 promo, Tyrion looked very upset.

Edited by Eyes High
Just now, SimoneS said:

I am snarking at Sansa not whinging. I would say the same about Tyrion if he wasn't ordered by his Queen to stay in the crypt. 

At some point Sansa will be forced to go below, she isn't a fighter, but she is important for the house and her people. tyrion could fight so to me Danny's orders to him is a bit of convenience, he could be dirty or bloody before going under ground.

1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

At some point Sansa will be forced to go below, she isn't a fighter, but she is important for the house and her people. tyrion could fight so to me Danny's orders to him is a bit of convenience, he could be dirty or bloody before going under ground.

I am still snarking at Sansa. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

In between a bloodied Arya dashing through the halls in a teary-eyed panic and Sansa resigning herself to death and giving other people in the crypts (?) a Cersei-worthy bitchy side eye, it looks like reality is finally setting in for Arya and Sansa. Good.

I don't think she's giving them bitchy eyes, they look down right sad.

1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I am still snarking at Sansa. 

well have at it then.

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Tyrion's improbable Blackwater heroics aside, he would be far more of a hindrance than a help to the other fighters, and he would be far more vulnerable. Dany's orders make sense. She doesn't want to risk her Hand if it can be avoided.

From a purely dramatic perspective, I don't know why Tyrion is getting shipped off to the crypts by the writers, except to give Varys someone to bounce off. Varys has had virtually nothing to do in the first two episodes, so he should get some prominence in 8x03. Maybe Varys finally tells Tyrion what the voice in the flames said. I've been waiting for a long time for that.

11 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I don't think she's giving them bitchy eyes, they look down right sad.

Nah, she looks mean as hell.

...I actually prefer Sansa going full bitch as opposed to being sweet and strong as she was at Blackwater, disgusting Cersei. 2x09 Sansa was devout, naive, courteous, and horrified by Cersei's behaviour. S8 Sansa is Cersei 2.0: admiring of Cersei, rude, cynical, bitchy, deeply embittered, caring for power above all else, and pessimistic. It makes sense that when push comes to shove, she would behave just like Cersei behaved. Full circle, baby!

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Tyrion's improbable Blackwater heroics aside, he would be far more of a hindrance than a help to the other fighters, and he would be far more vulnerable. Dany's orders make sense. She doesn't want to risk her Hand if it can be avoided.

From a purely dramatic perspective, I don't know why Tyrion is getting shipped off to the crypts by the writers, except to give Varys someone to bounce off. Varys has had virtually nothing to do in the first two episodes, so he should get some prominence in 8x03. Maybe Varys finally tells Tyrion what the voice in the flames said. I've been waiting for a long time for that.

Nah, she looks mean as hell.

...I actually prefer Sansa going full bitch as opposed to being sweet and strong as she was at Blackwater, disgusting Cersei. 2x09 Sansa was devout, naive, courteous, and horrified by Cersei's behaviour. S8 Sansa is Cersei 2.0: admiring of Cersei, rude, cynical, bitchy, deeply embittered, caring for power above all else, and pessimistic. It makes sense that when push comes to shove, she would behave just like Cersei behaved. Full circle, baby!

A person sees what they want to see. LOL

Nothing they showed us points in that direction.

Can't believe it's Wednesday already. 

• Love 4

I have no idea if part of the Army of the Dead is attacking Winterfell while the Night King plans to attack King's Landing, or if Night King is holding himself and the rest of the army in reserve. Both options make sense.

If the Night King is heading for King's Landing, I wonder why Bran hasn't had any inkling of it or why Jaime didn't sense anything amiss while traveling North. Is there still raven communication with other castles?

But I won't drive myself crazy trying to figure out in advance what will happen.  I'll just wait. After all

Wild creatures have their own rules, their own reasons. And you'll never know them - Qhorin Halfhand

• Love 2