Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

I'm starting to get worried because so many people seem to be talking about the NK being defeated by Jon in 8x03.  

This is IMO unlikely. It's already known that episode 8.5. will be broadcasted in cinemas in Russia. And according to Freefolk, people got email with this content:

“This Episode [8x5] promises to be the most spectacular in TV history, the battle between the Night King and the united army of the Seven Kingdoms”.

• Useful 1

Not sure if this was mentioned here earlier but,

Kornhaber: Do you think the lyrics are reflecting anything going on in the show, or is this just the song that happened to come into Podrick’s mind?

Djawadi: That’s open to interpretation, right? Clearly the relationship dilemma with Jon and Daenerys you could relate to Duncan and Jenny. Now that [Jon] knows who he is, and Dany knows who he is, you can draw a comparison to the conflict or the decision to come.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/04/new-game-thrones-song-ramin-djawadi-q/587974/

So the guy who has watched all the episodes and created the music mentions that the 'Jenny of Oldstones' song may have implications for decisions Jon and Dany have to make down the line.

• Love 1

Hey remember when I said I thought the For the throne album had spoilers for this season??? The whole album just dropped and this last song just confirmed my theory. The last song is called are Pray ( High Valyrian). Here are the Lyrics. Melisandre actress guest  stars in the song chanting. 

Intro: Carice van Houten]
Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi

[Verse 1: Matt Bellamy]
We will pray
Pray with me
We can bring her back
Pray, remember me, oh, ooh

[Interlude: Carice van Houten]
Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi
Se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen perzys, hen ñuqīr, perzys
Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen ñuqīr, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson

[Verse 2: Matt Bellamy]
We will pray
Pray with, with me
We can bring her back
Pray, pray, pray with me, oh, ooh

[Outro: Carice van Houten]
Hen ñuqīr perzys. Hen sȳndrorro, ōños
Morghot, glaeson, morghost glaeson, 'ost glaeson
Please, please

If you connect this song with the song Power is Power

I was born of the ice and snow
With the winter wolves, in the dark, alone
The wildest night, I became the one
And you'll know you're mine when the silence calls

[Pre-Chorus: The Weeknd]
Heavy is the crown only for the weak

[Chorus: The Weeknd]
A knife in my heart couldn't slow me down
'Cause power is power, the fire never goes out
I rise from my scars, nothing hurts me now
'Cause power is power
Now watch me burn it down

[Verse 2: SZA]
I went down for the coldest one
And I know I'll win 'cause I played before, yeah
I don't know with whatever you say
I don't know if we need it your way
You wouldn't take my place
Put me away, I die lookin' up at your face
How do I ever know? Who can I trust?
Feelings of emptiness
Only love could kill me, God bless

A knife in my heart
Couldn't slow me down (Couldn't slow me down)
'Cause power is power ('Cause power is power)
The fire never goes out
I rise from my scars
Nothing hurts me now (Nothing hurts me now)
'Cause power is power ('Cause power is power)

[Verse 3: Travis Scott]
Breathe, feel the air that I breathe (Yeah)
Air that I, air that I breathe (Ooh)
Who's hotter? Been a monster with a crown (Ooh)
Soul-swapper, high water, keep your head up, you might drown (Ooh)
Hit as well, it's way colder, by the day, we count it down
Been around, just been waitin' up, she gon' come around
I took a drag, bust it out the gate, smile lil baby, slay
I wore a flag, put that on my face, ain't nobody safe
Lift the mask, they gon' have to see what they can't erase
I took a life, so I took it back (Do-do-do-do-do, yeah)
Danger's on my mind (Ah)
Ain't no knife, dagger, bullet that can do it
'Fore you even know, oh, yeah, she'll do it, yeah, yeah (Ah)

[Pre-Chorus: SZA]
Heavy is the crown, but never for a queen (Oh yeah)

[Chorus: SZA & The Weeknd, The Weeknd, & Travis Scott]
A knife in my heart
It couldn't slow me down (Couldn't slow me down)
'Cause power is power ('Cause power is power)
The fire never goes out (Oh)
I rise from my scars (Yeah)
Nothing hurts me now (Nothing hurts me now)
'Cause power is power ('Cause power is power)
Now watch me burn it down (Ooh, yeah, yeah)

It sounds like Dany dies in battle and gets resurrected right? Or am I really tinfoily? It sounds like Dany dies fighting the NK , trying to save Jon and dies in his arms and he eventually kills him and maybe gives her the breathe of life or gives up his life  to bring her back or something . 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by GraceK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I never thought the day would come when we need to listen to a Kardasian boyfriend rap for GOT spoilers lol.  If Beric survives 8x03 then I think he is definitely in the frame to give someone the kiss of life because he doesn't really serve a purpose.  Mel is the other obvious candidate.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, anamika said:

But after episode two his possible motivations continue to baffle me. Unless he is playing some great game/con with Cersei - which makes no sense.

Apparently, Bryan Cogman has definitively stated that Tyrion was genuinely misled by Cersei due to his compassion. Yeah. Anyway, if there is in fact a betrayal in the cards, at this point it looks like it has to be something that Tyrion hasn't yet done. 

I think this is Tyrion's endgame in the books/show :

Heh, I really doubt we're going to get Peter Dinklage in old age makeup getting a simulated blowjob as his last scene in the show, but who knows? Maybe Tyrion's line about dying in his own bed at the age of 80, etc. is is in fact the infamous line that GRRM told Daniel Abraham is extremely important for the very last scene of the books. Ha!

This weird choice for the last season of the show from him is what make 100% sure that tyrion will not be succesful or have a great ending so the betrayal must be thruth!

I thought so at first, too, but I went back and looked at Peter Dinklage's other interviews about his favourite scenes. His favourite scene of S1 was Tyrion's trial, because there were lots of extras. His favourite scene of S4 was the beetle scene with Jaime, which was a similar sort of scene to the fireside scene in S8. So he doesn't necessarily see high points for his character as his favourite scenes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

It sounds like Dany dies in battle and gets resurrected right? Or am I really tinfoily? It sounds like Dany dies fighting the NK , trying to save Jon and dies in his arms and he eventually kills him and maybe gives her the breathe of life or gives up his life  to bring her back or something . 🤷🏻‍♀️

I agree with your interpretation. I thought the first song was saying that Dany dies and then is resurrected. This second song definitely reinforces that idea. If Dany does die, it likely will be in episode 5 in the fight on Drogon against the NK and Viserion. I thought Melisandre would be one of the deaths in Winterfell, but maybe she survives long enough help resurrect Dany or maybe it is the other red priestess who we met who does it.

I think these songs do give us hints about how the story unfolds. The lyrics are so specific. D&D must have given the artists some information about the story so that the songs would have meaning, if not they would be just a bunch of unrelated nonsense.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I suppose Dany dying then being resurrected would fit with why D&D are trying to tease this Mad Queen stuff so hard.  Like, we're supposed to think that she's going down a dark path, but then she proves her "worthiness" by giving up her life / claim to the throne, and is rewarded by being resurrected.  I do wonder how the inevitable Targ baby would fit.  Would she not actually get pregnant until the epilogue, somehow give birth before the big ep 5 battle (lol), or die preggo and just have the foetus get resurrected with her?

It does seem pointless. But the fact that Emilia is on Jimmy Kimmel next week and D&D the very next day, makes me think some major happens with her this ep.

If we are supposed to be left ambiguous on what happens to Dany at the end of this ep, they really screwed up with the promo showing her and Jon at Dragonstone.

17 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

Well, there was no point to Jon’s death and resurrection so I don’t think that’s necessarily a point against it happening to Dany too.

Not in the show there wasn't. And Beric is also traipsing around like no biggie. And it's not a point against Dany or anything like that (for me at least), I just find it stupid.

• Love 1

Yeah but I’d argue Jon’s death was nothing more than a plot point to release him from his vows. No one questioned his honor for leaving the NW, he wasn’t changed by death at all etc. So if, and this is as big if since our only lead is a song lol, Dany did go through something similar it could be for a plot point reason. Maybe she needs to die so Jon can realise he’s okay with marrying his Aunt? Maybe it’s so the Northerners will finally come around to Dany after seeing her die for them?

• Love 4

Yes, Jon's death was important moment for the plot. NW's storyline was over. So my question is what point Dany's death could serve? To make her leave Westeros and quest for IT?

Edited by nikma
9 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

I'm curious how the Hound will react to what undoubtedly will be a great deal of fire in the upcoming battle, but I don't have any speculation about it.

He will heroically overcome his fear of fire at a crucial moment to do what must be done, redeeming himself for his past cowardice. That's usually how these things go.

52 minutes ago, aprilbabe said:

It does seem pointless. But the fact that Emilia is on Jimmy Kimmel next week and D&D the very next day, makes me think some major happens with her this ep.

Isaac was on Jimmy Kimmel last week (and it was a delightful interview, you should all watch it). Bran coming face to face with Jaime was certainly momentous, but I wouldn't call it anything too major, and certainly nothing dire for Bran.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, nikma said:

Yes, Jon's death was important moment for the plot. NW's storyline was over. So my question is what point Dany's death could serve? 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's completely overkill if she dies in battle only to be resurrected.

Why does she even need to die? To try and make her sympathetic after the trash writing she received? 

Obviously, no one knows for sure, but it could be any of plot points that @bubble sparkly mentioned. The last time Dany "died" (yes, I know some people disagree that this is what happened) the fire and magic helped her "give birth" to three dragons. Let's say that she is already pregnant, maybe something magical has to occur for her to give birth to a living child. I was actually thinking about this over the last week, what if it is dragon fire that is needed to resurrect her. I know it seems out there, but it is how magic tends to work in science fantasy.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Well, there was no point to Jon’s death and resurrection so I don’t think that’s necessarily a point against it happening to Dany too.

2 hours ago, nikma said:

Jon's death was the end of his NW's storyline that lasted 5 seasons.

It's never been clear if Jon's death and resurrection was necessary for him to leave the Night's Watch. Jon's assassination motivated him to leave, but it's still a bit uncertain if he broke is vows by leaving.

The Night's Watch oath is

Hear my words and bear witness to my vow. Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Some have interpreted "...my watch begins. It shall not end until my death" as permitting Jon to leave because he died.

Jon might be alluding to this at the end of the episode in which he returns to life (perhaps significantly, that episode is titled "Oathbreaker", Season 5 Episode 3). Jon takes off his Night's Watch cloak and hands it to Edd.  Edd asks what to do with it. Jon responds, "Wear it. Burn it. Whatever you want. You have Castle Black. My watch has ended". At the start of the next episode, Edd reminds Jon that Jon swore a vow. Jon replies, "I pledged my life to the Nigth's Watch. I gave my life". Edd says, "For all nights to come".  But Jon doesn't follow-up with legalese. Jon asks how can he be expected to stay after he was killed by his own brothers. So it's not clear if Jon is arguing he hasn't broken his Night's Watch vow.

It's also puzzling why the North reacted with a big whatevs to Jon's leaving the Night's Watch. Many characters who are still alive know about his death and resurrection, but there's no indication this is common knowledge.  Moreover, it's also not clear that everyone agrees death is a get-out-of-the-Night's-Watch-free card if you're resurrected.  Edd emphasized "For all nights to come".

Perhaps no one in the Seven Kingdoms, or even The North, cares anymore, but it's kind of odd there's no discussion about Jon leaving his post given that one of the first things viewers learn is the penalty for deserting the Night's Watch is death, and that the 3rd person viewers see die in the series is a member of the Night's Watch who deserted his post.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GrailKing said:

From Reddit:

So no one picked up on a female voice during Group scene ~ 45:52 minutes in

a woman voice saying "Let me out" at 45:52. ?

On my 5.1 Sony system vol level ~30 I hear a female voice, raised it to 50 I hear it ( right channel ), Put 2 channel head phones on hear it it the right pad.

What group scene?

(edited)

New Sapochnik interview up at ew.com. Lots of good stuff. Interestingly, he originally wanted to do three episodes, and, failing that, wanted 4 and 5:

I wanted to do 3, 4, and 5 and there literally just weren’t enough days because we shoot two units. Then I said “4 and 5” and they said, “No, you have to do 3 and 5.” What I really like about 3, 4, and 5 is they’re a complete piece with a beginning middle and end. I try to approach all these [episodes] like they’re one. Like in season 6, [episodes 9 and 10, “The Battle of the Bastards” and “The Winds of Winter”], were to me one thing. Yes, there was talk of that. Thank god it didn’t happen. I would be so dead right now.

That kind of suggests that 8x06 is mostly epilogue, doesn't it? On the other hand, Hafthor Bjornsson's stunt double is credited for 8x05 and 8x06, so there's obviously some non-epilogue action in 8x06.

This interview also makes me wonder why Miguel would have picked 8x04 over 8x03 if forced to choose. I'm not surprised D&D insisted on Sapochnik doing 8x03 and 8x05 from everything we're learning, though.

It also sounds like there will be lots of dragonriding action:

The visual effects stuff is where you really where you do the pre-visualizing. But we’ve been trying to hold onto the ability to improvise. We have a way of shooting the dragons this time that’s a little looser. When you put an actor on a rotating buck and then you blast them with wind and they’re on a green screen set, the last thing they think is they have to give a performance. So my focus this year is: How can we get a performance from the actor so their story continues even though they’re on a dragon?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

It also sounds like there will be lots of dragonriding action:

And confirms what the filming info that was out there; Emilia filmed lots of scenes in the green scene set. I look forward to the awesome fight between Dany and Drogon and the NK and Viserion in episode 5.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, anamika said:

With regard to the Others, I think we can look for some clues as to the mythology behind them from GRRM's inspiration for ASoIaF, namely Memory, Sorrow and Thorn:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jan/17/tropes-trolls-and-trump-meet-one-of-george-rr-martins-favourite-fantasy-writers-tad-williams

I will link to this discussion on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/8iaiu7/spoilers_extended_asoiaf_and_memory_sorrow_and/

So if we look at the Storm King in MST:

As for the mythology, prophecy and how to defeat the Storm King:

The three swords sound like the 3 heads of the dragon. So maybe in ASoIaF, Rhaegar was wrong and the three heads of the dragon actually helps the NK as opposed to defeating him? Maybe the prince that was promised and Azor Ahai and the prophecies in general are all traps laid by the NK to defeat the humans and reclaim his lands and bring an endless night?

I think GRRM has developed a mythology for the Others that may have some resemblances to the Norns in MST - rid Planetos of the humans who attacked and displaced the children of the forest.

If Maisie is right in that she found the resolution of the WW/NK story to be the most interesting and if BsB is right in her leaks, then we may see something similar.

It's been hinted at in the books and on the show that the dragons don't like the North and that Aegon may have originally come to Westeros because of this threat and Euron has a chance of controlling a dragon in the books and on the show the NK took down the wall with Viserion.

Maybe the NK is controlling certain events through prophecies - Lord of Light - and he wanted dragons in Westeros. Not sure what the 3ER's role is in all this and Bran's statement that the NK is coming for him. The raven is another character - the NK's archenemy - who is also manipulating events to suit the endgame he wants.

Memory, Sorrow and Thorn aren't the main inspiration behind the Others more like a secondary inspiration.

He came up with the concept for the Others, the Children of the Forest and the weirwood trees much before Memory, Sorrow and Thorne ever came out. You have to read Tuf Voyaging's Guardians to get it. 

But it's pretty much GRRM adapting his sci fi story for fantasy. 

Edited by WindyNights
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

And confirms what the filming info that was out there; Emilia filmed lots of scenes in the green scene set. I look forward to the awesome fight between Dany and Drogon and the NK and Viserion in episode 5.

Kit spent three weeks on the buck, so I'm thinking Jon gets in on the dragonriding as well.

Michele Clapton did a Vogue interview about the costumes. Some possible hints for S8:

Targ colours for Dany as foreshadowing:

“Recently, Daenerys has started introducing the Targaryen colours [of red and black] into her wardrobe. Everything is there for a reason, and it will inform what happens next.

"Armour" for Sansa:

"I love the idea of her lacing herself into her dress, wrapping belts around her and buckling herself in. She’s protecting herself by closing herself off from the outside world.”  This season is also the first in which Turner wears leather armour. “People wear armour in times of danger and I wanted her costume to reflect what’s going on around her,” says the designer. “Daenerys is in Winterfell and it’s obvious that she and Sansa don’t get along particularly well, so it’s partly Sansa reacting to that. But I also wanted to show that she’s a warrior in her own right. I wanted it to evoke strength.”

...So I guess we can blame Sophie Turner's "warrior of Winterfell" line on Michele Clapton.

Cersei feels threatened, and the Lannister colours are coming back:

This season, there’s less pattern and more studding on her dresses to show that she’s protecting herself and feeling more threatened. I also wanted to get those deep Lannister reds back in. She’s still in mourning, but the red is slowly coming to the surface.”

Arya may just be passing through Winterfell (or not?):

“The costume reflects her father with the cut of the padding, the skirts and the colouring,” she replies. “But I also didn’t want Arya to wear the big pelts that Jon, Sansa and Bran have. I didn’t want her to look like too much of a Stark, because she really isn’t anymore. Sansa in her costume almost represents Winterfell, but Arya looks as if she’s passing through. Whether or not that’s the case, we just don’t know yet.”

Edited by Eyes High
2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Kit spent three weeks on the buck, so I'm thinking Jon gets in on the dragonriding as well.

Michele Clapton did a Vogue interview about the costumes. Some possible hints for S8:

Targ colours for Dany as foreshadowing:

"Armour" for Sansa:

...So I guess we can blame Sophie Turner's "warrior of Winterfell" line on Michele Clapton.

Cersei feels threatened, and the Lannister colours are coming back:

Arya may just be passing through Winterfell (or not?):

Interesting that Michelle thinks Arya isn't much of a Stark anymore and yet Bran, Sansa and Jon are and that Sansa is the one that represents Winterfell.

Edited by WindyNights

Tyrion can betray the good guys, get executed and still be considered a fundamentally noble woobie by the audience.

Consider Jaime Lannister:

Tried to murder a little child to cover up his incestuous adultery in the house of his guest.  Murdered his cousin to try and escape from the Starks. Attacked Ned and killed several loyal Stark men. Raped his sister on top of his dead son's corpse. Did not give a damn about any of his three children until they died. Supported his sister even after she blew up the sept killing many innocent people. Looted and pillaged Highgarden with the Tarlys and killed Olenna Tyrell because she supported Dany.

And this Jaime Lannister is considered a noble woobie. Aww he loves Brienne so much. Isn't that cute!

I agree that Show Jaime does have that woobie sympathy. But the difference between the show's rendering of Book Jaime and the show's rendering of Book Tyrion is that IIRC, the show has depicted  Jaime committing pretty much every major crime that he committed in the books, from Bran-tossing to sex in the cathedral next to his dead son, to threats of baby-catapulting in the aiding and abetting of the Lannister mafia. The show even ADDED some crimes that Book Jaime didn't commit, IIRC...like kinslaying his cousin to escape from imprisonment, to emphasizing undertones of rape in that cathedral sexual encounter, to being Cersei's bitch even after she drove his last child to suicide. So when Show Jaime meets his death - as he undoubtedly will - I don't think any but the most brainless woobie fan will say that it was  undeserved. IMO, most viewers will be satisfied if he meets his death after doing something heroic in token of his atonement for his crimes.

OTOH, the show's rendering of Book Tyrion has radically soft-pedaled or outright omitted his crimes; the retaliatory murder of Shae turned into self-defense when she attacks him with a knife, omitting completely his rape of one slave and the coercion of a patently reluctant other, as well as a plethor of lesser unsavory things. So show fans of Tyrion have an actual justification for saying that Show Tyrion IS truly noble, and that his eventual death (which I still think will happen) is therefore undeserved.

I think this is Tyrion's endgame in the books/show :

Tyrion Lannister: "I am Tyrion, son of Tywin of Clan Lannister."

Shagga: "How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?"

Tyrion Lannister: "In my own bed, at the age of 80 with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock."

So Tyrion's death will be when he gets to a cushy dirty-old-man retirement like the Frey patriarch, except without the nasty eating-your-kids-then-being-stabbed-to-death end? As someone else said, it would hardly be a cinematic ending for him on the show. And I don't think Book Tyrion, with his own crimes and his toxic, destructive self pity, deserves to have  it quite that good. 

It IS funny, though.

Edited by screamin
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, screamin said:

So Tyrion's death will be when he gets to a cushy dirty-old-man retirement like the Frey patriarch, except without the nasty eating-your-kids-then-being-stabbed-to-death end? As someone else said, it would hardly be a cinematic ending for him on the show. And I don't think Book Tyrion, with his own crimes and his toxic, destructive self pity, deserved to have it quite that good. 

It IS funny, though.

Well, GRRM is a dirty old man (I mean, we've read the books, right?). Tyrion not only is GRRM's favourite ASOIAF male character but is also, weirdly, GRRM's aspirational ASOIAF alter ego and the character he wishes he could be (even though he admits he's actually Sam). It makes sense that GRRM would give Tyrion the exact same death he has said he would like to have himself. Authors do this shit all the time. (It's why there are so many novels about middle-aged academics proving mysteriously irresistible to gorgeous young college students.)

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GraceK said:

Oooh, that IS a good theory. 

Now I wonder if Tyrion witnesses Beric giving his last life to someone else in a kiss and then dying. After Dany's heroic death, he then explains the procedure to Jon, who's not quite quick-thinking enough to have thought of it himself but quite willing to do it for Dany (especially if she's pregnant). Jon dies, Dany lives again, Tyrion is tried for betrayal of the Starks and the contravening of his Queen's last action in trying to save Jon, and condemned.

It doesn't really satisfy me - it makes Tyrion look a martyr one more time - but it could happen.

• Love 1

If Arya is "passing through," where she is heading next? Back to Braavos? We know Jaqen and the Waif were in Seville. Or maybe she goes where ever Gendry goes?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Apologies if this has been mentioned before

The author of https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-fan-theory.html passed along this theory:

I don’t think the Starks of ages past, so focused on the coming of winter, buried their dead with iron swords because they were stupid men - author quoting the fan's theory

In other words: The dead Starks in the crypts won’t rise up and turn against the living; they’ll rise up and protect them - author's elaboration

That may be true, but I recall Ned mentioning that many of the swords had rusted away

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before

The author of https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-fan-theory.html passed along this theory:

That may be true, but I recall Ned mentioning that many of the swords had rusted away

IIRC, in the books, the crypts are warded with the same kind of magic that protected the Wall for millennia. 

If that’s true in the show, I doubt we’ll see reanimated bones attacking the living. 

Edited by MarySNJ
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

What group scene?

Scene just after Arya and Gendry.

Tyrion, Pod etc wine, Brienne's Knighting.

Start at 45 : 45 or so.

Edited by GrailKing

Jon's dream from A Game of Thrones:

"Last night he had dreamt the Winterfell dream again. He was wandering the empty castle, searching for his father, descending into the crypts. Only this time the dream had gone further than before. In the dark he'd heard the scrape of stone on stone. When he turned he saw the vaults were opening, one after the other. As the dead kings came stumbling from their cold black graves, Jon had woken in pitch dark, his heart hammering."

I would actually love it a lot if the dead Starks came back and fought for the living. "Hey, Skeleton X! YOUR FACIAL STRUCTURE RESEMBLES SEAN BEAN'S."

• LOL 1
19 minutes ago, MarySNJ said:

IIRC, in the books, the crypts are warded with the same kind of magic that protected the Wall for millennia. 

If that’s true in the show, I doubt we’ll see reanimated bones attacking the living. 

It's just a speculation. There's nothing in the books about it as yet. I think it stands to reason that the Wall, the crypts and the walls of Storm's End have the same type of magic in them.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ElizaD said:

I'm starting to get worried because so many people seem to be talking about the NK being defeated by Jon in 8x03. That would be a huge disappointment. All this time waiting for people to realize that they must unite against a bigger threat only to see that Cersei was right, this really only matters to the North and nobody else in Westeros needed to give a damn. So much for politicking being pointless if 8x04-06 are only about getting Cersei off the throne. I hope those speculations turn out to be wrong - I want to see White Walkers in KL and people panicking because all this ancient shit is real. At first when 3 and 5 seemed to be the battle episodes, I thought that would mean more large-scale human combat in 3 and CGI/character-heavy duels in 5, and that sounded fine to me.

One of the biggest lines from this show is "You know nothing Jon Snow." Still they've lured the audience into believe Jon is right and all the people who haven't fully bought into him are wrong. But what if he's wrong about the night king and his goals and what it takes to defeat him. Boy would that cause a whole different kind of mess.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Yes, but it is difficult to believe that he has enough experience to maneuver Rhaegal against the NK without falling off, but maybe the show will make him an immediate dragon rider expert, better than Dany even, to prove that he is the true Targaryen heir. Yes, this is snark.

• LOL 2

From Ask Ausiello, an interesting tidbit:

Question: I’ll take anything about Game of Thrones. —Henry

Ausiello: Euron Greyjoy is so full of… shenanigans that even after his scenes with Cersei in the season premiere, it’s tough to tell how much he’s interested in her vs. how much he’s interested in her share of the Lannister gold. So we asked Pilou Asbæk about the sailor’s true intentions. Spoiler alert: Because this is Thrones, we didn’t get a ton of info — but Asbæk was really charming nonetheless. “When I did those scenes with Lena [Headey], you have to do them as honest as possible,” he explains. “When he says, ‘I always wanted to marry the most incredible woman in the world, so here I am,’ he means it… until the moment he meets Daenerys and he wants to be with her…. He’s got great taste.”

• LOL 1

Honest Question:: 

Anyone ever consider that maybe Bran ( actually, the 3ERAVEN )might actually be the villain?

for someone who apparently knows so much he seems to know nothing. 

If he was the target all along, it seems silly the The NK never seemed to actively try to kill him except that one time . 

He’s playing puppet master , the COTF seem to be dicks and he’s connected to them 

what if we have been misdirected?

1 minute ago, GraceK said:

Anyone ever consider that maybe Bran ( actually, the 3ERAVEN )might actually be the villain?

If he was the target all along, it seems silly the The NK never seemed to actively try to kill him except that one time . 

He’s playing puppet master , the COTF seem to be dicks and he’s connected to them 

I, have seen such ideas, I ( and I'm sure others ) also mentioned we may find out Bran's the reason for all this pain and hardship, because he effed up. But so far no proof of either theory. 

6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I, have seen such ideas, I ( and I'm sure others ) also mentioned we may find out Bran's the reason for all this pain and hardship, because he effed up. But so far no proof of either theory. 

I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ I want something interesting dammit! This three eyed raven thing needs pay off!

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, GraceK said:

He knows where he is because of the mark, so it's not like Bran can hide from him.

And I don't know that Bran will be the big bad and I don't think he will be, but since the magic of the children is tied to the old gods and they created the first White Walker, then it seems all interconnected. 

For me, the whole Bran vs NK situation sounds a hell of a lot like Voldemort vs Harry Potter and that prophecy about the Dark Lord marking him and how neither can live while the other survives. 

And now the NK and Bran share some kind of a telepathic connection through the mark the NK has left on Bran.

I don't think a simple stab of dragonglass will be enough to end the NK. That's what they used to make him, so I doubt it can kill him.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GraceK said:

4d945p9wwws21.png

Isaac says that Bran is one the side of the living but he sees everything as different timelines and playing 4D chess that involves necessary things to happen for a certain outcome to occur(whatever that outcome may be). 

He's basically the Kwiserach Haderach from Dune or Doctor Strange.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ I want something interesting dammit! This three eyed raven thing needs pay off!

Well here with the usual pinch of salt. 

43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think a simple stab of dragonglass will be enough to end the NK. That's what they used to make him, so I doubt it can kill him.

I think it has to be removed, or the heart removed ( if he has one ), and maybe that alter destroyed.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Well here with the usual pinch of salt. 

This leak has a ring of truth. Viserion's blue fire putting out his brothers' red and yellow flames in particular feels like something that would happen and actually makes sense. Also, this is something we haven't ever heard about before, not the usual, the fake leaks built off known filming info. 

I am not thrilled by the Missandei news. It definitely doesn't sound good for her making out alive.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

This leak has a ring of truth. Viserion's blue fire putting out his brothers' red and yellow flames in particular feels like something that would happen and actually makes sense.

That part rang true for me, too.  Also, if Arya IS crying, then Gendry's probably dead.  *sniff*

5 minutes ago, joliefaire said:

Also, if Arya IS crying, then Gendry's probably dead.  *sniff*

From the filming info, Gendry at least makes it alive to the KL battle. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am not thrilled by the Missandei news. It definitely doesn't sound good for her making out alive.

Killing Missandei helps drive up the Dany angst.  Dany only has two real friends - Missandei and Jorah.  If they both die in episode 3 then she'll be devastated and isolated, especially since Tyrion is fulfilling the butt monkey role and there's strain with Jon.

• Love 2