Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

The dialogue in those leaks seem minimal, with conversations missing some parts. 

Agreed. For instance, The “you’re a good man” and “thank you” and “I’m hurt” dialogue may have nothing to do with Theon. Sounds like the statements are from different scenes.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Daenerys looks destroyed, next to Jorah.

Of course. We might joke about Jorah being Ser Friend Zone, but Dany does love him. Not romantically, but much more than a friend. He's practically family. Who is willing to bet she kisses him goodbye? 

Fuck, I wanted Lyanna to make it.

I too can't believe I care whether Theon dies or not.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Agreed. For instance, The “you’re a good man” and “thank you” and “I’m hurt” dialogue may have nothing to do with Theon. Sounds like the statements are from different scenes.

Someone did a brief summary also.

4 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Someone did a brief summary also.

I read the summary. For the last bit after theon’s name, they only have three lines. Not all of the dialogue. Nor do they have who is speaking. It’s not clear it’s from the same scene. Unless you’re referring to something not posted on freefolk Reddit.

Edited by dirtypop90
2 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I read the summary. For the last bit after theon’s name, they only have three lines. Not all of the dialogue. Nor do they have who is speaking. It’s not clear it’s from the same scene. Unless you’re referring to something not posted on freefolk Reddit.

it's from FF

7 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Sounds like we’re going to have a lot to talk about...Sansa and Tyrion...I can’t wait 

If their whole talk foreshadows how Sansa ends, I would prefer her to be killed off in this episode. I feel sick to my stomach from Benioff's complexes.

4 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

They're going ape shit on her in FF.

Sansa can’t breathe without setting people off. Based on what I read, all she did was state facts to Tyrion. I’m intrigued personally.  

3 minutes ago, Smad said:

If their whole talk foreshadows how Sansa ends, I would prefer her to be killed off in this episode. I feel sick to my stomach from Benioff's complexes.

Not me. I think it foreshadows Tyrion’s end not Sansa’s. She’s obviously playing him. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Sansa can’t breathe without setting people off. Based on what I read, all she did was state facts to Tyrion. I’m intrigued personally.  

Not me. I think it foreshadows Tyrion’s end not Sansa’s. She’s obviously playing him. 

I keep thinking she has to find out the spy, bad person etc.

Between scroll info and her sniffing things out in the Vale; that arc has to meet.

But as it's shown we have no context.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

They're going ape shit on her in FF.

Of course, while completely ignoring context. Tyrion has been operating on split loyalties for 2 Seasons now. Namely his family and Dany. Then specifically Cersei and Dany. And Sansa knows this. Hence her saying him and her married wouldn't work for the same damn reason. Sansa wants an independent North, Dany wants all 7K. And Tyrion as hand would have split loyalties again, Sansa (his wife) and Dany.

10 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

Not if the lead in to the conversation is again, for the 100000000th time, what a great man he is. Most people operate under the assumption that Dany will die this Seasons. Which means it works as foreshadowing for both. No split loyalties if Dany dies, so happy marriage. I would love to vomit, preferably all over Benioff. I'd love to be wrong but Tyrion is Benioff's self insert and there is no way Tyrion isn't getting everything in the end.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Of course. We might joke about Jorah being Ser Friend Zone, but Dany does love him.

Of course she does. I absolutely love Jorah, I love their relationship and among the deaths that were leaked so far, he's the only one I truly care about.

3 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

It seems that Arya stabs the Night King.

https://imgur.com/a/rfNHjXb#HLUVsp8

They won't have this episode ending on some cliffhanger, will they? Argh.

There's another picture allegedly closing the episode, where Melisandre collapses on the ground.

1 minute ago, dirtypop90 said:

She’s playing him. No way Sansa willingly ends up with Tyrion. 

On the show? They completely could. I thought they would before the Frikileaks.

I saw a couple of pictures of Gendry, but they were too dark and I couldn't say if he was wearing his usual garb or the same costume as in the interview from Seville (?). Damn it.

I think Sansa is continuing her plot for northern independence. Either she ends up death or stays in winterfell. I really don’t see any other ending for her. I do not think she has any interest in marrying Tyrion. It’s more likely she’s leading him to his death, purposefully.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I think Sansa is continuing her plot for northern independence. Either she ends up death or stays in winterfell. I really don’t see any other ending for her. I do not think she has any interest in marrying Tyrion. It’s more likely she’s leading him to his death. 

There was a synopsis ( real or fake ) where it said Sansa risk breaking up the family doing something behind their back.

I see her making sure her family survives, but don't know yet. If she figure's out Tyrion is up to no good he's fooked.

Edited by GrailKing
spelling
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

If Jon was burnt by fire, then he would be naked like Dany was the two times she was burnt alive.

Yea at the very least his clothes should be burned a little. But he's completely in one piece. Unless he stops, drops and rolls.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I think Sansa is continuing her plot for northern independence. Either she ends up death or stays in winterfell.

That doesn't mean she can't be married to him and be in WF.

8 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I do not think she has any interest in marrying Tyrion.

Of course not. And it would be complete BS. But Tyrion is Benioff's self insert so that's a problem.

5 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

There was a synopsis ( real or fake ) where it said Sansa risk breaking up the family doing something behind there back.

Wasn't it an actor (possibly Sophie) who said that?

7 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

That looks like Lyanna to me.  I can't tell.

Well the dagger is Valyrian steel and dragon glass.  Why both?  Because dragon glass is pretty?  It took a long and twisting path ending with Bran giving it to her.  We saw her handling it in the training with Brienne.  Everyone asks about the damn knife. We saw her knife skills again just last week.  That’s a lot of screen time.  Might just be true.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smad said:

That doesn't mean she can't be married to him and be in WF.

Of course not. And it would be complete BS. But Tyrion is Benioff's self insert so that's a problem.

Wasn't it an actor (possibly Sophie) who said that?

Honestly can't remember.

6 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

What did Qyburn say : If they can be wounded they can be killed.

I meant, "he wouldn't die" during the BoW, of course.

It would explain a lot of things if Arya tried to kill the NK to save Bran -she was clearly not in favor of leaving him in the Godswood- and then has to run from him with her weapon broken.

Also, a reminder that Arya Stark is an OG5, she and Dany are the two original main female characters there. It seems logical that she gets to play a big role in the end game.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Since Tyrion is a main character, Martin is the one who D&D his ending. I can't imagine that he will end up married to Sansa whatever happens.

Especially not married to Sansa in Winterfell. 

• Love 2

People keep saying that Arya killed the NK, but honestly I can't see anything. And I can't imagine that it is going to be this easy to defeat him. If so, what is the dance of the dragons in episode 5?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

The pics are so hard to read, Dany starts out on Drogon and ends up on the ground with a sword. Jon someone ends up on Drogon. Where is Rhaegal? Is he dead or did he peace out like when Viserion was killed?

People keep saying that Arya killed the NK, but honestly I can't see anything.

She's standing behind him with her arm raised over her head in a knife-throwing position, as he is approaching Bran in the wheelchair.  But 2 frames later, we see that he has moved even closer to Bran, so obviously he didn't fall and die.  Maybe Valyrian steel and dragonglass kills all the other undead, but not him?  Who knows?

2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

People keep saying that Arya killed the NK, but honestly I can't see anything. And I can't imagine that it is going to be this easy to defeat him. If so, what is the dance of the dragons in episode 5?

And Vladimir Furnik filmed in Seville.

There was a leak from someone who saw brief clips of the episode. He said that Rhaegal is injured. If he is, it is possible that he leaves the battlefield.

Just now, Happy Harpy said:

And Vladimir Furnik filmed in Seville.

Exactly! The NK must still be alive.

Just now, YaddaYadda said:

Not even going to get started on the whole Jon rides Drogon, because whatever. 

I don't even know how anyone can tell from those photos. The only thing I thought I saw was both Dany and Jon on Drogon.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

And I can't imagine that it is going to be this easy to defeat him.

I would have hoped he could only be defeated where he was made. Which would be the Isle of Faces. That location has been in the new title sequence I believe (just not with a name attached).

Just now, Smad said:

I would have hoped he could only be defeated where he was made. Which would be the Isle of Faces. That location has been in the new title sequence I believe (just not with a name attached).

Exactly.  And not only is the Isle of Faces in the new title sequence, but its NO LONGER an island!  Its depicted as a peninsula, a land bridge connecting it to the mainland.  The easier to get dead soldiers out there?

On FF, people are insisting that the NK shatters after Arya stabs him. Did anyone here actually see this? I just can't tell from that gif.

Edited by SimoneS

On FF, please are insisting that the NK shatters after Arya stabs him. Did anyone here actually see this? I just can't tell from that gif.

Nope, can't be.  We see Arya with her arm raised, ready to throw, then two frames later we see that the NK has moved even closer to Bran in his wheelchair.  So, he didn't shatter, didn't fall.

Edited by joliefaire
  • Love 1