Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

I got to assume those are fake. Crushed by a building? Come on even D&D wouldn't do that. Their main flaw is trying to make everything "epic," would they suddenly go small during Cersei's death? 

• Useful 1

In his recent spot on 60 Minutes, Martin said that to be faithful to his books, the show would have to run for another five seasons. That might be a bit much (not that we wouldn’t watch), but the show’s abbreviated endgame has made it more movielike in its choices about what to skip past. We’d forgive the show for eliding the odd prophecy or failing to tie up every last loose end; after all, Martin may never finish the books (although he vows that he will), whereas D&D are delivering at least some resolution. But based on what we’ve seen so far, the series’ final season may leave fans pining for a compromise between never finishing and finishing too soon.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/9/18537794/game-of-thrones-ending-too-quickly-pacing

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Saw a good you tube video last night arguing that, though it appears from the trailers that Dany will destroy Kings Landing with Drogon, she argues that the footage is really just from Dany destroying the iron fleet. She destroys the iron fleet so Yara and her ships can move in.  This video argues that Dany takes out Cersi via a night attack and that comes from the season 8 trailer where we see a dragon in darkness stick his head out and fire  - which we didn't see in episode 3. 

• Love 2

There was a set of leaks from Friki, some of which were posted here already that had something interesting. It said Jaime didn't appear until the end of the eposide and thought that the destruction was caused by Dany alone. This seemed an interesting point and I wonder if he's going to slay a different queen than the one we are expecting if this is remotely accurate. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Chiny11 said:

The end of the episode is Jon and Dany on Dragonstone, this is the scene from the trailer. She says there is something she needs to tell him, she turns holding her stomach, he guesses she is pregnant, she says I didn't want to believe so had to be sure, he then says 'you know, Tyrion thinks you are going mad just like your father' Dany's face changes from joy to disgust.. episode ends."

Link https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bmmryu/real_leaks_for_ep_5_from_embargo_good_source/

2 hours ago, Dame sans merci said:

Cersei is just...crushed by a building? 

Arya just...leaves without achieving anything in the city at all?

The (f)leakers are definitely just fucking with us now.

• LOL 2

There are apparently pics of Cleganebowl that have been provided to a Freefolk mod. Here are some spoilers from the source who provided the pics:

got some private images of Cleganebowl on another platform that I won't post because they have watermarks all over them and was asked not to. (Used as proof to validate leaks below) Basically they show them fighting in a building, The Hounds eyes are supposed to be gouged out, and there is a dagger between the eyes of The Mountain. They crash through out a building and into the fire pits below (entire city is on fire). (They are supposed to crash through a wall at some point and The Mountain no longer has a helmet and exposed chest).

Other information from the same source:

Dany first attacks the Golden company Tyrion is waiting for the bells to ring because that means Cersei has surrendered. So the bells ring and he has a look of relief that's when Dany pretty much says fuck that and starts burning the city down

Right before Dany decides to fuck the city up Jon and the rest of the army meet the golden company at the center of the city. But the golden company gave in already seeing the dragon so they drop their swords cuz they don't want no part of it and basically surrender.

That's when Dany decides to start burning the city and that's even Jon and Greyworm look at each other like wtf (no stare down). So greyworm and his troops basically kill the golden company following Danys lead. Jon basically fights his way out of the madness and the rest of the time he's just looking around at all the chaos like "oh, this bitch is crazy".

Arya arrives in King's landing with the Hound but then they go their seperate ways. She gets caught up on all the destruction of the city and ends up helping a group of people trying to survive. Some debris falls on her and it looks like she's dead but the very last shot of the episode is her waking up and getting on a horse and getting leaving

Cersie dies from the building collapsing on her. Arya won't kill Cersie. The building is going to collapse on her and Jaime.

• Love 1

Since Lena Heady sat out episode 2 and 3, she'll have to appear in episode 6 in some capacity to be eligible for award season. So even if a building collapses on her, it won't be the last we see of her...

As for Dany ignoring the bells of surrender, why would she believe Cersei is actually surrendering, when Cersei has lied time and time again. It makes perfect sense that they'd keep on fighting until Cersei's head was on a spike.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

As for Dany ignoring the bells of surrender, why would she believe Cersei is actually surrendering, when Cersei has lied time and time again. It makes perfect sense that they'd keep on fighting until Cersei's head was on a spike.

As we have seen so far, things that make perfect sense for Dany to do in our opinion is seen as 'mad' by the characters on the show. Ex: Tarly burning.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

Since Lena Heady sat out episode 2 and 3, she'll have to appear in episode 6 in some capacity to be eligible for award season. So even if a building collapses on her, it won't be the last we see of her...

The Mountain's actor's stunt double was credited for 8x06 as well as 8x05, which makes me wonder about the Cleganebowl information. Maybe they shuffled scenes.

Cersei's corpse could appear in 8x06 to get Lena that eligibility. They did the same thing with Iain Glen and Alfie Allen to ensure their eligibility for the SAG awards.

The most recent spoilers I posted don't say what's happening to Dany while Jon, Arya and the Hound are running around. I guess she's on Drogon burning everything in sight...? I guess that would place the final Jon/Dany confrontation in 8x06 and not 8x05.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Oh, this is an excellent point. Given how much D&D love Lena, I can't see them screwing her over like that in the final season.

7 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

And all the land hears how Cersei rang the bells of surrender and Dany slaughtered the people anyway.

The GC already laid down their armies. It’s murder.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm fine with Cersei getting crushed but, would have preferred Jamie killing her. However, there is something poetic about Jamie and Cersei ending together.

I don’t think Jamie knows how to exist without her. It makes sense that if he can’t bring himself to kill her, he would die with her.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

And all the land hears how Cersei rang the bells of surrender and Dany slaughtered the people anyway.

The GC already laid down their armies. It’s murder.

I agree that it's wrong, but Dany has no reason to trust that Cersei isn't laying out a trap. Cersei has cried wolf before, and Dany has chosen the moral path and lost, this time she's playing dirty like Cersei. I don't see it as being a heroic moment, but I also think the motivation makes sense as opposed to "Dany is cray, y'all!" narrative that they've been painting on thick both on the show and is spumors.

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don’t think Jamie knows how to exist without her. It makes sense that if he can’t bring himself to kill her, he would die with her.

I'm wondering if they're both mortally wounded and Jaime gives her the mercy kill to fulfill the prophecy. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The Mountain's actor's stunt double was credited for 8x06 as well as 8x05, which makes me wonder about the Cleganebowl information. Maybe they shuffled scenes.

Cersei's corpse could appear in 8x06 to get Lena that eligibility. They did the same thing with Iain Glen and Alfie Allen to ensure their eligibility for the SAG awards.

The most recent spoilers I posted don't say what's happening to Dany while Jon, Arya and the Hound are running around. I guess she's on Drogon burning everything in sight...? I guess that would place the final Jon/Dany confrontation in 8x06 and not 8x05.

Jorah and Theon weren't crushed by a building though. I can't imagine there'd be much left of her to show on screen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I agree that it's wrong, but Dany has no reason to trust that Cersei isn't laying out a trap. Cersei has cried wolf before, and Dany has chosen the moral path and lost, this time she's playing dirty like Cersei. I don't see it as being a heroic moment, but I also think the motivation makes sense as opposed to "Dany is cray, y'all!" narrative that they've been painting on thick both on the show and is spumors.

I'm wondering if they're both mortally wounded and Jaime gives her the mercy kill to fulfill the prophecy. 

Oh I agree. This isn’t ‘Dany lost her mind like her father’ this is Dany deliberating choosing to commit mass murder. Which is a choice they’ve always shown Dany is partial too. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Lillith said:

Assuming that most of the spoilers are true, many if not most of the fans will be unhappy. So let's chat about our fantasy endings. 

Dany gets grief counseling, Jon gets depression meds and they rule as co-regents. The North will rule itself. Sansa is queen. 

Varys finds a maester who can attach new junk, and he goes off on wild (consensual) sexcapades all through the land. 

Cleganebowl happens, the Hound wins then after some time healing at an ashram, heads up North to be Sansa's head queensgard. 

Arya opens a martial arts school, teaches young ladies self defense and has regular booty calls with Gendry. 

Jaime feeds Cersei to Drogon and heads back to Brienne. After making him sleep on the couch for five years she forgives him and they have many knightly adventures. 

Pod kills Bronn and becomes master of Highgarden. 

Grey Worm takes Missandei's body to be buried in her home, then gets to go home to his lands and be with his family. 

Tormund finds another big woman, who actually wants him as well, and they make many giant babies who give Ghost all the pets. 

Tyrion gets to retire somewhere with lots of books and wine and finds his long lost wife. 

Bran - I don't care 

Davos - Hand of the co-rulers

Dany: Drogon flies away with her, just when Jon was about to kill her. They lay lots of dragon eggs together.

Jon: Takes the black, but Ghost bites his head off for being the worst pet owner.

Tormund & Ghost: Live happily ever after.

Varys and Tyrion: Live on to give the worst possible advice to different rulers in both Westeros and Essos.

Sansa: Rules the North and marries eventually.

Bronn: Dies choking on his one-liners.

Brienne: Joins the Council at KL and eventually meets a worthy One True Love, who sees her for the treasure she is.

Arya: Continues her murderous adventures, but visits her family often enough.

Bran (I don't want anyone on the IT, but if it's going to be him or in a similar position of power: He wanted to be king from the beginning and was manipulating everyone to get there.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I'm wondering if they're both mortally wounded and Jaime gives [Cersei] the mercy kill to fulfill the prophecy.

Maybe Arya stabs Cersei then flees (or is captured), but Cersei lives long enough to set off the Wildfire. Jamie realises where she's going and kills his sister. Maybe they are then both incinerated as the Red Keep explodes.

2 minutes ago, Indi said:

Dany: Drogon flies away with her, just when Jon was about to kill her. They lay lots of dragon eggs together.

Jon: Takes the black, but Ghost bites his head off for being the worst pet owner.

Tormund & Ghost: Live happily ever after.

Varys and Tyrion: Live on to give the worst possible advice to different rulers in both Westeros and Essos.

Sansa: Rules the North and marries eventually.

Bronn: Dies choking on his one-liners.

Brienne: Joins the Council at KL and eventually meets a worthy One True Love, who sees her for the treasure she is.

Arya: Continues her murderous adventures, but visits her family often enough.

Bran (I don't want anyone on the IT, but if it's going to be him or in a similar position of power: He wanted to be king from the beginning and was manipulating everyone to get there.

Bronn dies of the pox in his shiny new castle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Dame sans merci said:

Jorah and Theon weren't crushed by a building though. I can't imagine there'd be much left of her to show on screen.

If this is how she goes I'm sure it will be more like buried under the rubble with her head poking out rather than a cartoon where the wall goes splat over her entire body.  Maybe she'll get to gasp out a few last words too.  LH hasn't had any Emmy-worthy scenes yet.  They have to be loaded into these last couple of episodes.

Dany not buying Cersei's surrender would be one of the more intelligent ideas she's had recently.  An honorable ruler (i.e. a Jon Snow) would surrender to spare their people death and destruction.  However, Cersei has never cared about any of the people she rules, so they should be expecting her to go scorched earth at the end.

• Love 4

Here's a thought: If Dany dies, that means it's almost inevitable that the Bay of Dragons will revert to Slaver's Bay. The show's narrative is the slavers fear of the dragon queen and her dragons/armies is the only thing preventing that happening. Daario 2.0 and the Second Sons alone wouldn't be enough. So we could equate Dany dying = great news for the slave trade.

• Love 2
(edited)

If Dany considers Sansa, Arya, Sam and Bran a threat because they know about Jon's true identity, I'm beginning understand why Jon would kill her. If Dany feels threatened, exceutes Varys and imprisones Tyrion than it's a decision between losing Dany or losing basically anyone else he holds dear for Jon. 

Edited by BadAssRobinArryn
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

If this is how she goes I'm sure it will be more like buried under the rubble with her head poking out rather than a cartoon where the wall goes splat over her entire body.  Maybe she'll get to gasp out a few last words too.  LH hasn't had any Emmy-worthy scenes yet.  They have to be loaded into these last couple of episodes.

Dany not buying Cersei's surrender would be one of the more intelligent ideas she's had recently.  An honorable ruler (i.e. a Jon Snow) would surrender to spare their people death and destruction.  However, Cersei has never cared about any of the people she rules, so they should be expecting her to go scorched earth at the end.

Cersei's ONLY forces threw down all their arms to surrender.

Hello?

(edited)

I'd be shocked if Arya kills Cersei after she has killed the NK. She's not getting both kills.

I don't think wildfire is going to figure prominently in the destruction of KL apart from the barrels at the Red Keep. It's going to be dragonfire.

One thing that occurs to me about the Tyrion/Davos/Bronn ruling council leaks is that if Bronn is in fact Lord of Highgarden in the end, shouldn't he be at the Dragonpit with the other ruling lords and ladies? There was nothing about Jerome Flynn filming in Seville, and he wasn't even seen as far as I know.

11 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Cersei hardly matters as a character anymore, though, just as a catalyst for Dany going full conqueror. Her moment with Tyrion might have been the last big Cersei moment (and the last Tyrion/Cersei scene of the show).

8 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

If Dany considers Sansa, Arya, Sam and Bran a threat because they know about Jon's true identity, I'm beginning understand why Jon would kill her. If Dany feels threatened, exceutes Varys and imprisones Tyrion than for it's a matter between losing Dany or losing basically anyone else he holds dear for Jon. 

I'm not clear where Tyrion's supposed to be when the shit goes down in KL. Peter Dinklage like Maisie and Kit was filming on the KL exterior sets up until the end. If he's imprisoned, I don't know how he ends up with Jon and Dany's army outside the Red Keep gates as we saw in the 8x05 promo, or inside KL. The BTS interviews of Peter Dinklage in costume look like they're from 8x05 or 8x06: he's got burn marks or dirt on his face that we haven't seen before.

I suspect the Dany vs. Sansa conflict could culminate in Jon feeling like he has to kill Dany to protect her and his other siblings, although if Dany has lost her armies and her dragon by that point, it's not clear what threat she could pose. Sansa has six inches on her, heh.

Edited by Eyes High

The more I think about it, even though I hate it, it does make some sense for Jon to be the one to kill Dany.  Jon has always been associated with death - in the books, especially.  He is darkly colored, solemn, wears black clothing, has a white wolf (the color of a corpse) named Ghost.  Mormont's raven likes him (ravens are linked with death in many cultures).  He was the character most closely associated with the WWs and NK.  He's 'passed the sentence' on numerous people.  Plus he has died himself!  He's almost like a Grim Reaper figure.  Death just seems to follow him no matter where he goes...  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, anamika said:

Game of thrones reputation after the season ends - Well, the fashion and gossip blogs loved it so I guess it's all good.

After dissing on Lost and BSG's ending for being shitty, I would like to see GRRM's response to how GOT ends. Maybe Damon Lindelof will have something to say this time around.

This is what GRRM said about Lost:

https://ew.com/article/2011/04/05/thrones-author-lost/

This was said the year GOT started and a year after Lost ended. 

That's why I'm hoping the endings good or at least ok, I mean I don't know grrm,  but you'd think he'd want people to enjoy the ending rather then be pissed off just to not be predictable.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Cersei's ONLY forces threw down all their arms to surrender.

Hello?

Cersei has blown up the Sept of Baelor and could blow up the rest of the city at any point. Her not having any Forces anymore means literally nothing.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Umbelina said:

@Chiny11

Wow, those actually sound better to me, not so much completely different than the other spoilers, as more fleshed out.

We will all know in about ten days, but those spoilers would not surprise me!

It's a lot better than the other rumors. Still not what I was hoping for, but it doesn't make me wonder why I watched this either.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Chiny11 said:

But wait...there are more...😂😂

Here is another episode 5 leak from freefolk from someone described as a "good source"

"Opens on Dragonstone, Dany is in deep depression, Jon arrives and Varys starts talking to him about his claim to the throne etc Jon doesn't tell Dany about what Varys has said. Dany later however finds Varys sending messages off on the raven, she reads it and discovers he was informing someone that Jon is the true heir. After a short hearing she decides to execute Varys and reminds him of what she said to him in 'Stormborn'. Tyrion swears loyalty to her and claims he has never questioned her mind frame.....

Cersei is still allowing people into the Red Keep. Ayra, Jamie and The Hound all make it inside. Cersei and Quburn have a chat which alludes to Wildfire being ready for use.

Jon and co are all at Kings Landing. Grey Worm makes them wait but won't say why. Jon trusts in his judgement. Tyrion meanwhile mentions his concerns about Dany to Jon. 

In Blackwater bay Euron and his fleet are watching as Yara's fleet start closing in, suddenly they stop and remain position. Euron is curious as to what they are up to so turns his boats around to face their direction. He holds up the spires ready to shoot when he hears a dragon raw in the sky, he looks up, blinded by the sun he realises its a trap, Drogon appears from no where and lights up his entire fleet. At this point he jumps over board. Later in the ep we have a full on epic battle between him and Yara, after stabbing her through the chest she picks up a piece of wood with a long nail in it and slams it into his head, think Kill Bill. They both then die.

Back at Kings Landing Jon and co suddenly notice that The Golden Company are going back into Kings Landing. They have no idea why. So they continue to wait as per Grey Worm's instuctions.

Back to Ayra for a bit and she and The Hound are now inside the castle.

Now we get to the big part. Outside the gates of Kings Landing we hear Drogon roar and he completely out of no where lights up the entire front wall of Kings Landing before anyone has time to react. Cersei looks on from the castle in disbelieve then suddenly The Golden Company army start attacking the Lannister army, they have switched sides for some reason. Cersei can't believe what she is seeing, her whole face full of anger and fury. Jon and co start fighting what Lannister men are at the gates of Kings Landing. all this fighting lasts about 10 mins, then Cersei says now..... one of Qyburn's little birds aka a child runs over to the bell tower and starts ringing it. At this point we see dozens of children all light up wild fire in some insane and fucked up suicide mission. Half of Kings Landing just explodes and no one has a clue whether it was the Dragon or not. So everyone starts running all over the place in complete panic. Guesome scenes of people being crushed, burned alive etc Dany looks on from the sky in absolute horror.

Cersei dies but its so epic how that I'm not going to spoil that part.

The end of the episode is Jon and Dany on Dragonstone, this is the scene from the trailer. She says there is something she needs to tell him, she turns holding her stomach, he guesses she is pregnant, she says I didn't want to believe so had to be sure, he then says 'you know, Tyrion thinks you are going mad just like your father' Dany's face changes from joy to disgust.. episode ends."

Link https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bmmryu/real_leaks_for_ep_5_from_embargo_good_source/

Honestly, if true that's the best one yet, though I hope they'd explain why the golden company turned.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Cersei has blown up the Sept of Baelor and could blow up the rest of the city at any point. Her not having any Forces anymore means literally nothing.

So take the GC prisoner, don't murder soldiers who have surrendered, and go find Cersei and kill her.  She won't have guards, people are terrified, that's why they are surrendering.

1 minute ago, Stallion12 said:

Honestly, if true that's the best one yet, though I hope they'd explain why the golden company turned.

Terrified of Drogo, and remember the Dothraki are there, also raping people.

Saw a good you tube video last night arguing that, though it appears from the trailers that Dany will destroy Kings Landing with Drogon, she argues that the footage is really just from Dany destroying the iron fleet. 

Aw her reasoning contains so much logic and sense though I have no idea how she can see all she's seeing in those stills, or that every shot in the trailer will make it into the show. I hope she's right, but if the spoilers play out as expected I hope she's not brutally crushingly disappointed. 

the wizard of oz GIF by Maudit

Still from episode five. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Someone at r/freefolk is claiming they saw a clip and the Dothraki raping really happens, but it looks like Dani didn't order that. I really want to believe that.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we had some random scene where Sansa, left behind at Winterfell, asks Bran in an ominous voice, "Tell me what you know about Daenerys Targaryen."

Then, several scenes later, the Golden Company flips and sides with Daenerys because, all off screen:

1. Sansa learned that Dany had done more good than harm throughout her career.

2. She somehow got a raven scroll to the Iron Bank promising them more gold if the GC turned against Cersei.

3. The Iron Bank somehow got a raven scroll to Harry Strickland in the middle of all the chaos saying, "Turn your cloak, you're on Daenerys's side, now!"

Much like Sansa and Arya were secret allies in Season Seven.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, blixie said:

Aw her reasoning contains so much logic and sense though I have no idea how she can see all she's seeing in those stills, or that every shot in the trailer will make it into the show. I hope she's right, but if the spoilers play out as expected I hope she's not brutally crushingly disappointed. 

Even assuming all the fleaks/leaks for 8x05 out of the equation, the writing's on the wall after 8x04: Dany's going to unleash Drogon on the innocent population of KL. That's why the reaction has been so negative from casuals: everyone can see where this is going, and it ain't "Dany happily tells Jon about her pregnancy," "Cersei frames Dany for KL atrocities," or "Dany nobly forbears from burning KL." A catastrophe has been set into motion, and there's no turning back. That's why the last scene in 8x04 was so horribly tragic and upsetting. There's no other way this ends. Fire and blood.

Also, in the 8x05 promo, Jon for the first time in quite some time is wearing his direwolf-embossed Stark gorget armour. If Jon had to choose between his Targaryen and his Stark sides, he has definitely chosen.

From filming information, it does seem as if Arya winds up helping people to safety (there was info last year about Maisie filming with a young child), which is a nice touch for her character. Arya has always been someone who fights for those who can't fight for themselves.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

There are apparently pics of Cleganebowl that have been provided to a Freefolk mod. Here are some spoilers from the source who provided the pics:

Other information from the same source:

These leaks match perfectly with the u/afraidpart ones that are the only leaks I trust 100% because they were posted so many months ago and not during these past few days. So they are either true or someone took the old ones and embelished them.

And of course the bells are used more as a symbol and not the actual reason/trigger that Dany decides to burn KL.. It's an actual choice not her going mad.

I think the shot of Drogon in the dark shooting flames is from the moment she will burn Varys. It's logical.

Edited by Bianca Castafiore
  • Love 2
Just now, Bianca Castafiore said:

These leaks match perfectly with the u/afraidpart ones that are the only leaks I trust 100% because they were posted so many months ago and not during these past few days. So they are either true or someone took the old ones end embelished them.

And of course the bells are used more as a symbol and not the actual reason/trigger that Dany decides to burn KL.. It's an actual choice not her going mad.

I find "Fuck this 'surrender' crap, I'm not falling for that shit" much more believable than "The infernal sound of the bells is triggering my madness!!!!" as a motivation for Dany.

I do think the bells will be important, judging from that 8x05 promo shot of them. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

I find "Fuck this 'surrender' crap, I'm not falling for that shit" much more believable than "The infernal sound of the bells is triggering my madness!!!!" as a motivation for Dany.

I do think the bells will be important, judging from that 8x05 promo shot of them. 

I dont even think her going torched earth after the bells ring mean shes gone full blood evil. It makes more sense that she just does NOT trust that Cersei would really surrender. She may think it's a trap.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Indi said:

Someone at r/freefolk is claiming they saw a clip and the Dothraki raping really happens, but it looks like Dani didn't order that. I really want to believe that.

I really never expected her to order that. She protested against just that in season 1. In season 7 she insisted that the Ironborn relinquish the practice of raping and pillaging as well. But I can certainly see Dothraki being Dothraki on their own accord. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stallion12 said:

Their contract is with Euron, not Cersei (a crucial mistake that Cersei made that I've been expecting to matter). Once he's dead, the contract is void and they're free to do whatever they want.

37 minutes ago, Indi said:

Can't really say this is out of character, but I can say it's gratuitous and problematic for the show to go back to this well in the context of how they've treated the POC characters this season. First they wipe out nearly all of the Dothraki, then they fridge their only black woman character, then they have the surviving Dothraki go savage raping and pillaging the white folk. 

13 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Definitely much more believable, and if it's augmented by Dany unwittingly activating wildfire traps laid by Cersei and doing even more damage than she intends, that's a much better set up for people to perceive her as the Mad Queen, rather than trying to convince us she's actually gone mad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4