Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

Huh. Some of those new potential spoilers sound actually decent. I love Arya as Jaime stabbing Cersei in the stomach a la Talisa.

Although I don't know how the hell Jon is going to kill Drogon. The speculation of Drogon flying off with Dany's body makes more sense to me.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

of this sets up the final episode, where Dany accuses Bran Stark, Samwell Tarly, and Sansa Stark of treason, forcing Jon Snow to reluctantly proclaim himself Aegon Targaryen and the real heir to the throne. He’d then have to kill Dany and Drogon himself before relinquishing the throne to characters like Sansa, Tyrion, Gendry, etc.

This makes no sense. How would Jon kill Dragon? Why would he have to kill Dany? He could just ban her into the deep North. 

And once Jon reveals  he is the heir of the Throne, no way Sansa or Tyrion would let him walk away.

Also, how can Bran build another wall with *magic* when all he can do is warg?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I haven't heard that Sansa wants Tyrion dead, why would she?

Because of his betrayal for Cersei. Scroll down to the Tyrion section.

https://bgr.com/2019/05/08/game-of-thrones-season-8-spoilers-deaths-from-episodes-5-and-6-leaked/

1 minute ago, Raachel2008 said:

This makes no sense. How would Jon kill Dragon? Why would he have to kill Dany? He could just ban her into the deep North. 

And once Jon reveals  he is the heir of the Throne, no way Sansa or Tyrion would let him walk away.

Also, how can Bran build another wall with *magic* when all he can do is warg?

It sounds like fanfic to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

New leaks read like spoiler-informed spec to me. The Arya thing would be a violation of what we know about how the faces work, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t happen (not like they care about being consistent on this stuff). And since when can Bran just randomly use magic to do whatever he wants?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, stagmania said:

New leaks read like spoiler-informed spec to me. The Arya thing would be a violation of what we know about how the faces work, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t happen (not like they care about being consistent on this stuff). And since when can Bran just randomly use magic to do whatever he wants?

And where’s the real Jaime at during all this? Did she kill him too? She kills Cersei, Jaime and the NK? 😂

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Me too basically. I’ve gone through so many emotions ,...that now my last is  I hope she takes out as many mofos as possible in a blaze of glory!

Heck yeah!  High five!  🙂

8 minutes ago, GraceK said:

How is he gonna kill Drogon and Dany? He couldn’t even kill Viserion and he was injured and blind 😂😂 Is he gonna yell at Drogon too? 😆🤣

This is my guess, based partly on the spoilers, but not entirely (keeping in mind I hate the whole thing):

Tyrion's trial is in episode six.  By this time Dany has claimed the Iron Throne.  Drogon was brought down near the end of the battle by a few remaining Super Scorpions, which blows whatever fuses Dany has left in her head.  She condemns Tyrion to death, then starts threatening that Sansa is next, and those other traitors at Winterfell, etc, etc, etc, prompting Jon to approach her, swearing fealty forever, but then slips the knife in.

• Love 1

I can believe Arya killing Cersei, that's been her goal practically from the beginning of the show.

Since when does the show or GRRM follow tropes like "only one kill for you!"  ??? 😉

Maybe Jaime is already dead and she takes his face?  I can believe she would kill Jaime if getting his face allows her to kill Cersei.

Still, I've never been all that clear on how the whole faces thing works.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Heck yeah!  High five!  🙂

This is my guess, based partly on the spoilers, but not entirely (keeping in mind I hate the whole thing):

Tyrion's trial is in episode six.  By this time Dany has claimed the Iron Throne.  Drogon was brought down near the end of the battle by a few remaining Super Scorpions, which blows whatever fuses Dany has left in her head.  She condemns Tyrion to death, then starts threatening that Sansa is next, and those other traitors at Winterfell, etc, etc, etc, prompting Jon to approach her, swearing fealty forever, but then slips the knife in.

You forgot the BELLS!!! 🔔 🔔 Jon distracts her with Bells, that’s how he does it!!! 😂

Edited by GraceK
  • LOL 7
Just now, GraceK said:

You forgot the BELLS!!! 🔔 🔔 Jon distracts her with Bells, that’s how he does it!!!

Can't forget the bells.  They are very important triggers in this plot. 🤣🤣

• LOL 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GraceK said:

You forgot the BELLS!!! 🔔 🔔 Jon distracts her with Bells, that’s how he does it!!!

Somebody said the bells fit better to disorient Cersei, because of her shame walk, and that made a lot of sense.

Another note:  If Arya kills Cersei with Jaime's face, doesn't that mean Jaime is already dead?  Does Arya kill him too?  Seems unlikely.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Still, I've never been all that clear on how the whole faces thing works.

The one thing they have shown us pretty clearly is that they harvest the faces off dead bodies. We’ve never seen Arya or any Faceless Man wearing the face of someone alive. So this would require either violating that or Arya killing Jaime off screen for the sake of this twist which feels extremely unlikely.

16 minutes ago, GraceK said:

How is he gonna kill Drogon and Dany? He couldn’t even kill Viserion and he was injured and blind 😂😂 Is he gonna yell at Drogon too? 😆🤣

He borrows Euron's scorpions and does it!

This sounds like Robert's rebellion part deux. Jon Arryn rebelled against Aerys because he threatened Ned and Robert.

The Hound's story is to repeatedly overcome his fear of fire and save Arya.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, stagmania said:

The one thing they have shown us pretty clearly is that they harvest the faces off dead bodies. We’ve never seen Arya or any Faceless Man wearing the face of someone alive. So this would require either violating that or Arya killing Jaime off screen for the sake of this twist which feels extremely unlikely.

I don't think it's unlikely that Arya would stop at anything to finally kill Cersei though.  Also, I'd love it if either Jaime OR Arya kill her, and I just hope it's painful as hell.

ETA, I really hope Jon doesn't kill Drogon, unless Drogon is madly killing every non-Dani person in site, and even then, I just hope it's not him.  However, that might be his final act alive, and then he Beric's.

ETA some more, I can also see Jon killing Dany if she refuses to order the Dothraki to stop raping, and the unsullied to stop killing once Cersei is dead.

Edited by Umbelina
6 minutes ago, stagmania said:

Didn’t Jaqen use Arya’s face?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, stagmania said:

To clarify: I think it’s extremely unlikely they would kill Jaime Lannister off screen and I think if they did fans would riot. 

They could flashback it though...

2 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Hmm I think you’re right. 🤔

Why am I bothering to think about this, they’re just gonna do whatever they want. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

It is amazing at how much of Olenna's words are coming to be true. She told Dany she was a dragon and to be a dragon,and her words to Jaimie were pretty much a foreshadowing of what will happen with him and Cersei. 

Jacob Anderson's looks have changed so much on his show!  He was looking really good in season 6 and 7, such a difference from looking like a little boy when he first started. 

I forgot to add how much the scene when Greyworm was chosen to be the Unsullied leader and he says how much he wants to keep that name because she "freed" him. 

Followed closely by Missandei's speech to Jon about why she wanted to follow Dany...they really pushed this White Savior thing and if Jacob was not so cute I don't think I would have lasted the little bit that I watched. it is so much easier for me to go and choose scenes on Youtube of people that than to go back and watch the entire series. 

I honestly don't really like anything to do with the White Walkers. I think it would have been a better show without that.  The politics and the battles....the little that I saw, is what interested me  I just fast forward through most of everything else. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

I think you're right.  Maybe using the dead faces are kind of like a beginner method of disguise, while there are more master level techniques that Jaqen uses.  Maybe Arya has even reached that point by now.  She surely picked up some experience points by killing the Night King.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GraceK said:

The leaks are getting out of hand 

But wait...there are more...😂😂

Here is another episode 5 leak from freefolk from someone described as a "good source"

"Opens on Dragonstone, Dany is in deep depression, Jon arrives and Varys starts talking to him about his claim to the throne etc Jon doesn't tell Dany about what Varys has said. Dany later however finds Varys sending messages off on the raven, she reads it and discovers he was informing someone that Jon is the true heir. After a short hearing she decides to execute Varys and reminds him of what she said to him in 'Stormborn'. Tyrion swears loyalty to her and claims he has never questioned her mind frame.....

Cersei is still allowing people into the Red Keep. Ayra, Jamie and The Hound all make it inside. Cersei and Quburn have a chat which alludes to Wildfire being ready for use.

Jon and co are all at Kings Landing. Grey Worm makes them wait but won't say why. Jon trusts in his judgement. Tyrion meanwhile mentions his concerns about Dany to Jon. 

In Blackwater bay Euron and his fleet are watching as Yara's fleet start closing in, suddenly they stop and remain position. Euron is curious as to what they are up to so turns his boats around to face their direction. He holds up the spires ready to shoot when he hears a dragon raw in the sky, he looks up, blinded by the sun he realises its a trap, Drogon appears from no where and lights up his entire fleet. At this point he jumps over board. Later in the ep we have a full on epic battle between him and Yara, after stabbing her through the chest she picks up a piece of wood with a long nail in it and slams it into his head, think Kill Bill. They both then die.

Back at Kings Landing Jon and co suddenly notice that The Golden Company are going back into Kings Landing. They have no idea why. So they continue to wait as per Grey Worm's instuctions.

Back to Ayra for a bit and she and The Hound are now inside the castle.

Now we get to the big part. Outside the gates of Kings Landing we hear Drogon roar and he completely out of no where lights up the entire front wall of Kings Landing before anyone has time to react. Cersei looks on from the castle in disbelieve then suddenly The Golden Company army start attacking the Lannister army, they have switched sides for some reason. Cersei can't believe what she is seeing, her whole face full of anger and fury. Jon and co start fighting what Lannister men are at the gates of Kings Landing. all this fighting lasts about 10 mins, then Cersei says now..... one of Qyburn's little birds aka a child runs over to the bell tower and starts ringing it. At this point we see dozens of children all light up wild fire in some insane and fucked up suicide mission. Half of Kings Landing just explodes and no one has a clue whether it was the Dragon or not. So everyone starts running all over the place in complete panic. Guesome scenes of people being crushed, burned alive etc Dany looks on from the sky in absolute horror.

Cersei dies but its so epic how that I'm not going to spoil that part.

The end of the episode is Jon and Dany on Dragonstone, this is the scene from the trailer. She says there is something she needs to tell him, she turns holding her stomach, he guesses she is pregnant, she says I didn't want to believe so had to be sure, he then says 'you know, Tyrion thinks you are going mad just like your father' Dany's face changes from joy to disgust.. episode ends."

Link https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bmmryu/real_leaks_for_ep_5_from_embargo_good_source/

Edited by Chiny11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

Here is another episode 5 leak from freefolk from someone described as a "good source"

"Opens on Dragonstone, Dany is in deep depression, Jon arrives and Varys starts talking to him about his claim to the throne etc Jon doesn't tell Dany about what Varys has said. Dany later however finds Varys sending messages off on the raven, she reads it and discovers he was informing someone that Jon is the true heir. After a short hearing she decides to execute Varys and reminds him of what she said to him in 'Stormborn'. Tyrion swears loyalty to her and claims he has never questioned her mind frame.....

Cersei is still allowing people into the Red Keep. Ayra, Jamie and The Hound all make it inside. Cersei and Quburn have a chat which alludes to Wildfire being ready for use.

Jon and co are all at Kings Landing. Grey Worm makes them wait but won't say why. Jon trusts in his judgement. Tyrion meanwhile mentions his concerns about Dany to Jon. 

In Blackwater bay Euron and his fleet are watching as Yara's fleet start closing in, suddenly they stop and remain position. Euron is curious as to what they are up to so turns his boats around to face their direction. He holds up the spires ready to shoot when he hears a dragon raw in the sky, he looks up, blinded by the sun he realises its a trap, Drogon appears from no where and lights up his entire fleet. At this point he jumps over board. Later in the ep we have a full on epic battle between him and Yara, after stabbing her through the chest she picks up a piece of wood with a long nail in it and slams it into his head, think Kill Bill. They both then die.

Back at Kings Landing Jon and co suddenly notice that The Golden Company are going back into Kings Landing. They have no idea why. So they continue to wait as per Grey Worm's instuctions.

Now we get to the big part. Outside the gates of Kings Landing we hear Drogon roar and he completely out of no where lights up the entire front wall of Kings Landing before anyone has time to react. Cersei looks on from the castle in disbelieve then suddenly The Golden Company army start attacking the Lannister army, they have switched sides for some reason. Cersei can't believe what she is seeing, her whole face full of anger and fury. Jon and co start fighting what Lannister men are at the gates of Kings Landing. all this fighting lasts about 10 mins, then Cersei says now..... one of Qyburn's little birds aka a child runs over to the bell tower and starts ringing it. At this point we see dozens of children all light up wild fire in some insane and fucked up suicide mission. Half of Kings Landing just explodes and no one has a clue whether it was the Dragon or not. So everyone starts running all over the place in complete panic. Guesome scenes of people being crushed, burned alive etc Dany looks on from the sky in absolute horror.

The end of the episode is Jon and Dany on Dragonstone, this is the scene from the trailer. She says there is something she needs to tell him, she turns holding her stomach, he guesses she is pregnant, she says I didn't want to believe so had to be sure, he then says 'you know, Tyrion thinks you are going mad just like your father' Dany's face changes from joy to disgust.. episode ends."

Link https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bmmryu/real_leaks_for_ep_5_from_embargo_good_source/

Reddit is better than D and D at this point .

Edited by GraceK
  • LOL 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

That is closer to what I was expecting, except that last bit about the pregnancy.  And if this is true, C'mon is Jon Snow really that stupid to say "Tyrion thought you were losing your mind".  Why doesn't he just kill Tyrion himself if that's what he wants.  What's he going to say next, "Hey, Sansa told everybody about my lineage, maybe you should execute her too".

I kind of like the pregnancy idea though.  If Jon has to kill Dany, maybe he can slice her belly open and a little dragon will fly out.

In this case, the bells are to signal the release of wildfire.  So if Dany does react, it's not to the bells, it's to the wildfire and the death of all the people.

Now about this bit:

24 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

. Later in the ep we have a full on epic battle between him and Yara, after stabbing her through the chest she picks up a piece of wood with a long nail in it and slams it into his head, think Kill Bill. They both then die.

FFS, they have to kill Yara too?  What the heck is wrong with these people.  I swear D&D thinks that good writing is just killing more characters that we like.

Edited by rmontro
  • LOL 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, rmontro said:

FFS, they have to kill Yara too?  What the heck is wrong with these people.  I swear D&D thinks that good writing is just killing more characters that like.

No just the women 🙄 all the badass ones if you notice the pattern developing.  The Queens. Yara, Dany, Cersei. ( or the ones not named Stark 😂😂)

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That is closer to what I was expecting, except that last bit about the pregnancy.  And if this is true, C'mon is Jon Snow really that stupid to say "Tyrion thought you were losing your mind".  Why doesn't he just kill Tyrion himself if that's what he wants.  What's he going to say next, "Hey, Sansa told everybody about my lineage, maybe you should execute her too".

OMG, thank you!  My stomach is hurting from laughing at this.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, anamika said:

Not at all. Twice she accuses Tyrion of doing it deliberately to protect his family. And we know this is true because Tyrion says as much to Cersei in their meeting last season - that she is only alive because of him. But Tyrion lies to Dany in episode two and tells her that he made all these mistakes because he was a fool. He says this in front of Jorah. Then Jorah tells Dany to keep Tyrion on because he's the smartest ever and Dany retains him as her adviser.

Not a lie at all. He gave Jamie the same reason for believing her and he has no reason to lie to Jamie,hell he even tried to comfort Sansa thinking shed be scared of that Lannister soldiers coming here. No reason for him to do that either if he was in cahoots with Cersei.

Dany questioned his loyalty as a way of being hurtful for his failures.  Hell even in her convos with Jorah, it was about competence not loyalty. If she feared his loyalty she would've left him back in winterfell with Jaime.

Edited by Oscirus
57 minutes ago, stagmania said:

It reads like spec to me too. But reading it makes me wonder, does Arya know how Talisa died exactly? It's not impossible, but was she told on screen? 

38 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:

Wasn't that while Arya was hallucinating? 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chiny11 said:

This is similar to the Spanish leaks. Jaime must be involved somehow in Cersei’s death since his fate isn’t mentioned and you know his arc resolves with Cersei if these leaks are true.

The first leaks sounded super fake to me but episode 3 and 4 of this season have made me lose all faith I had in D&D so they could be true. 

Edited by glowbug
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

Best spoiler ever. I was going to call this a foiler but with descriptions like this, it has to be true

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
Just now, GraceK said:

Sunday is mother’s day. With the cards hbo released, this pregnancy thing could be legit. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Don't think she's pregnant.  Are they really going to have St Jon stab Dany and his child? 

• LOL 1
10 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

Don't think she's pregnant.  Are they really going to have St Jon stab Dany and his child? 

Maybe there's a flash-forward in 8.06 so the baby (if there's one) is ready to be born. Dany's been ruling and going steadily more apeshit. Then she does the apeshittiest thing, whatever it is, then gives birth, then he kills her after that. Because god forbid she dies in childbirth, thus sparing her the horrific last moments of being killed by the man she loves (and sparing Jon having to make yet another soul-killing, traumatic decision.)

Oy. I felt ridiculous typing that, but really, nothing would surprise me at this point.

• LOL 4
(edited)

I'm trying to figure out how a long of these leaks might jive with the endings in the books. 

For the life of me I don't know why there would be such a focus on Dany's ability or inability to get pregnant, if it's simply a case to make Jon potentially betraying that much more horrific. It would be very unsavory to me. 

I'm particularly interested in how Stannis and Littlefinger will affect these storylines. They're much more important characters in the books and I could see both of them holding on until book 7 (or later). 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I haven't heard that Sansa wants Tyrion dead, why would she?

Well  some things to ponder:

"So you agree, the Starks are our enemies" ... "Anyone who isn't us is an enemy "

" When you play the game of thrones you win or you die " " Ser Illyn !; bring me his head "

Just these words alone, and an older ,wiser, pragmatic and cynical Sansa would realize as long as one lion lives ( Tywins line ) the Starks, north anyone not a Lannister would not be safe.

Add what the Lannisters did to her in S 2, or her family in S3;  ummm I say they created their own monster and winter is coming for house Lannister. Don't always need a dagger . A soft word, a quill and paper, a little seed dropped in soil; can create some wonderful things.

Tyrion trying to save Cersei, would be automatic death in her eyes, Tyrion likes the game, like LF; yet they both drowned looking into her eyes.

The Starks may not like the game, but they have a player for the family.

ETA : " I lie awake staring at the canopy, thinking how they died, My brother how they sewed his Direwolf's head on his body; and my mother I hear they cut her neck to the bone "

Edited by GrailKing
  • Love 3

Yara dies, too?

Oh, for shit's sake...can't we have a woman in a position of power who isn't Sansa make it to the end? 

I say this as a Sansa fan, BTW.  I like her as a character quite a bit, but she is poised to be the only powerful female character left standing at the end, and I have a problem with that.

I know I said I would wait to see how this all plays out, but fuck this show.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Fiver said:

Yara dies, too?

Oh, for shit's sake...can't we have a woman in a position of power who isn't Sansa make it to the end? 

I say this as a Sansa fan, BTW.  I like her as a character quite a bit, but she is poised to be the only powerful female character left standing at the end, and I have a problem with that.

I know I said I would wait to see how this all plays out, but fuck this show.

I don't, because the cycle will continue, new houses rise.

But I have a wait and see attitude until episodes air. 

I still find it hard to believe there are only two episodes left.

This article lists all of the unanswered questions before Season 8 started. I think by the end we'll get answers to 1 or 2. OK, 3. There are more than 40.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/2/19/18232415/game-of-thrones-loose-ends

Plus a good take on the rushed feel of the season.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/9/18537794/game-of-thrones-ending-too-quickly-pacing

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

I still find it hard to believe there are only two episodes left.

This article lists all of the unanswered questions before Season 8 started. I think by the end we'll get answers to 1 or 2. OK, 3. There are more than 40.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/2/19/18232415/game-of-thrones-loose-ends

Plus a good take on the rushed feel of the season.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/9/18537794/game-of-thrones-ending-too-quickly-pacing

Lots of the questions in the first link have been answered, but I agree, important ones obviously never will be.

That second link is OUTSTANDING!  Thanks for posting it.  Well worth reading.

By the way, their podcast is seriously well done and hits many important points, very well done about Dany, and how the rush job is ruining so much, for example, Jon's reveal, the big secret, and not only do we not get to hear him say it, we don't get to see the Starks react, what a waste it was for them to leave out Jon's relationship with Ghost, etc.  https://www.theringer.com/binge-mode/2019/5/9/18549172/game-of-thrones-s8e4-the-last-of-the-starks 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I don't, because the cycle will continue, new houses rise.

But I have a wait and see attitude until episodes air. 

I get what you're saying, but my emotional investment lies with the characters we have watched for eight seasons, so, disappointed.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Fiver said:

I get what you're saying, but my emotional investment lies with the characters we have watched for eight seasons, so, disappointed.

That's fine, I may want to add; Yara's a strong woman, but the drown god decided to go against the old gods, and the old gods delivered it's judgement, the squids lost.

(edited)

I got some private images of Cleganebowl on another platform that I won't post because they have watermarks all over them and was asked not to. (Used as proof to validate leaks below) Basically they show them fighting in a building, The Hounds eyes are supposed to be gouged out, and there is a dagger between the eyes of The Mountain. They crash through out a building and into the fire pits below (entire city is on fire). (They are supposed to crash through a wall at some point and The Mountain no longer has a helmet and exposed chest).

Leaker clarified they aren't 100% certain if Golden Company or Lannisters, thinks GC.

Dany first attacks the Golden company Tyrion is waiting for the bells to ring because that means Cersei has surrendered. So the bells ring and he has a look of relief that's when Dany pretty much says fuck that and starts burning the city down

Right before Dany decides to fuck the city up Jon and the rest of the army meet the golden company at the center of the city. But the golden company gave in already seeing the dragon so they drop their swords cuz they don't want no part of it and basically surrender.

That's when Dany decides to start burning the city and that's even Jon and Greyworm look at each other like wtf (no stare down). So greyworm and his troops basically kill the golden company following Danys lead. Jon basically fights his way out of the madness and the rest of the time he's just looking around at all the chaos like "oh, this bitch is crazy".

Arya arrives in King's landing with the Hound but then they go their seperate ways. She gets caught up on all the destruction of the city and ends up helping a group of people trying to survive. Some debris falls on her and it looks like she's dead but the very last shot of the episode is her waking up and getting on a horse and getting leaving

Cersie dies from the building collapsing on her. Arya won't kill Cersie. The building is going to collapse on her and Jaime.

From the main FF leak post.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1

But...we've been told before that bells DON'T mean surrender.

Cersei is just...crushed by a building? 

Arya just...leaves without achieving anything in the city at all?

I might just start drinking heavily now in preparation for Sunday.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Dame sans merci said:

Cersei is just...crushed by a building? 

Not what you expected right? We thought it would be Jaime or Arya or Sansa or Tyrion and there were all those Maggy the witch prophecies etc. But D&D subverted our expectations and made it a wall.

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, anamika said:

Not what you expected right? We thought it would be Jaime or Arya or Sansa or Tyrion and there were all those Maggy the witch prophecies etc. But D&D subverted our expectations and made it a wall.

As somebody commented on freefolk, 'the building must be a younger brother'. 

Every new bit of information we get is just making me annoyed. By the time I actually watch the episode, the force of my anger will be able to power the national grid.

• LOL 11

I actually like the new spoilers better than the old ones. Dany going crazy because of Bells was simply ridiculous, but according to this she just ignores the bells, which is much more believable. Grey Worm doesn't suddenly become "evil", which is good as well.

Never cared for Cleganebowl and never will, but I guessed for a Long time, that it was coming. Arya achieved more than enough in Winterfell. If she really were the one to kill Cersei, they would never have her kill the NK.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Excellent read - thanks for the link!

The show will remain a milestone in tv history but judging form what we've seen so far there is a chance that they are endangering the show's legacy. 

It’s long been evident that D&D are less besotted by the fantasy elements of the series than many fans who fell in love with the books, but lately they’ve been slipping in the places where we expect them to excel. If we can’t count on complex characters or satisfying storytelling, we’re left with little except obligatory battles, box-checking death scenes, and CGI spectacle (provided direwolves aren’t involved). The anachronistic coffee cup that sneaked into Sunday’s episode would have gone viral regardless of the circumstances, but the timing made it a metaphor. Although it may have been unfair—this wasn’t the first time that the show has flubbed a production detail, and that oversight isn’t necessarily indicative of other ills—the cup seemed to symbolize the sloppiness that’s plagued the rest of the season. And unlike the coffee cup, frustrating writing can’t be wiped away after the episode airs.

There's a chance that 'forgetting the coffee cup' will replace 'jumping the shark' in about 10 days.

• Love 5