Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Twenty Sided, Die

A Dungeon Master is killed and the probe reveals that he was up to more than just playing in his mother's basement. Meanwhile, Blaine's experiment does not go as planned; and Ravi stumbles across some new information that could prove deadly.

Promo:

I love Clive. He really got into that game. :)

Did they actually solve the case? I was distracted for part of it. I'll have to watch it again tomorrow. 

Ravi was smart, trying to stall a kidnapping. Of course Blaine screwed things up, with his potion. 

Weird that Major is meeting someone who could be really "off" and Liv is dating his friend. I don't like the way they just veered away from the two of them as a couple, once Major got his memories back. 

• Love 9

I loved them playing the game, but other than that, not really sure what's going on here. The show seems really scattered to me, & I'm tired of the whole zombies vs rednecks thing.

• Love 2

As soon as I saw Jessica Harmon's name in the credits, I awaited the return of Bozzo!  Too bad she still hasn't forgiven Clive for keeping things from her, and he had to have his heart crushed again.  I hope they work it out eventually.  Assuming she has time to come back, with her busy trying to survive Primfaya over on The 100.

Not very knowledgable about Dungeons & Dragons outside the basics (and the hilariously bad movie years ago), but the gang playing it to try and jump start a vision for Liv was hilarious.  Between Peyton finding it dumb and Major and Ravi getting a kick out of it (especially Ravi with his whole "Why would I like it?!  I'm not a nerd!"  Me thinks he protest too much) was fun enough, but Clive going full-blown game nut on the thing was the best.  I love this new geekier side of Clive that is revealed with this, his love for Game of Thrones, and being a fan of The Flash (now, there's a crossover I would watch.  I can just see Clive reacting to all the shit that goes down in S.T.A.R. Labs.)  Again, I think Malcolm Goodwin is the MVP of this season.

The way the case ended though was weird.  There has to be more to it, right?

Not sure what to make of a depressed Major bonding with some woman that wrote him a fan letter.  Also, there is totally something going on with whoever this photographer is, that Ravi met at the anti-zombie meeting.

Hope Blaine enjoys tormenting his dad while he can, before he finds out that not only has Don E. got himself captured while in zombie mode, but Mr. Boss is back as well!

Right now, Chase Graves is kind of dull.  I get they're going for a more straight-forward, militant type of character, but I'm kind of missing Veronica. 

Every time I see Liv and Justin together and being happy, I keep waiting for something bad to happen to poor Justin.

• Love 7

I choose to believe that the bit part Bruce Harmon was playing is actually Byers, resurrected as a zombie in Seattle. Frohike and Langley must surely be there somewhere as well.

That was fun, if a bit disjointed. Is there more going on with the D&D murder, or is it really just a pretty mundane killing and the whole "Russia" angle is just a way for them to bring back Bozzio? (My money is on Steve as the killer. He's been interjected this season a few too many times for it not to be leading somewhere.)

Bringing Stacey Boss back is really just complicating an already near to overfilled season's worth of plots (not to mention adding what is likely a real serial killer in Major's new girlfriend); hopefully they can juggle it all well enough. The writers have done a good job in prior seasons, but this is a lot of balls in the air.

I take it that the "assassination attempt" was orchestrated by Blaine? That's the sense I got from his talk with daddy dearest. And- I'm guessing his dad's old muscle did in fact take the payoff to keep Blaine living, but was that ever made more explicitly clear? Did I miss something?

• Love 2

I'm sure the assassination attempt was orchestrated by Chase Graves to bolster the fledgling campaign.  I also bet you anything the the candidate killed the dominatrix.  The guy they arrested was just a patsy.

I'm glad that Blaine's money making scheme turned out to be a fairly innocuous use of blue memory juice to ramp up the visions.  I was afraid it would be a copy of his father's; creating lots of zombies to sell brains to.

I'm still very much on the side of the zombie truthers.

I'm glad they were able to treat D&D players with some respect.  Too many depictions of role playing games just show the players to be pathetic losers, with the "good guys" openly scorning and mocking them.  It seemed like it was going that way at first, but it came around and was fairly respectful.  It came around fully when the gang got super into the game after being initially skeptical.  I really loved how Clive went from being utterly contemptuous to wanting to play a weekly game.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Anela said:

Totally. This feels a bit like the "Season of Clive." I used to think of him as kind of a straight man to Liv's character of the week, but now he's one of the more interesting parts of the show. Credit to Malcolm Goodwin. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Awwww, I love that Ravi was keeping the hate mail from Major.

Maybe this Shawna girl is really just a nice person who was also accused of a crime she didn't commit (like the A-Team) and she feels for Major. Or maybe she did commit whatever crime she was accused of, as Major initially guessed. Or maybe she's a Chaos Killer hater who wants to make him pay for kidnapping all of those people. That's why you don't invite a stranger to your home before you get to know them, damn it.

As much as I love the friendships between the main characters, I love that the show throws us little details about the guest stars. Vampire Steve went emo because Zoe was a Twihard? Dude, come on.

I liked that initially no one wanted to play the game but most of them got into by the end. Clive choosing a dwarf named Earl reminded me of Freaks and Geeks (Daniel chose a dwarf named Carlos). Loved that Peyton named her character Brangelina Darkspain. Loved that Clive suggested they keep playing once a week and that he was talking about what his levels would be the next week. Major saying that his character's first name was SirJay but that he wasn't a knight reminded me of Who's the Man? ("Did you go to medical school? Did your mom name you 'doctor'?").

I find it adorable that Clive used to read The Flash and that he got SO into D+D. Poor guy - Dale just stomped all over his sweet little heart.

I will always have a soft spot for Jason Dohring thanks to Veronica Mars, but damn it, STOP MUMBLING. Loved that there was another VM callback in this episode - Don't Fear the Reaper was used in the VM pilot ("Tonight we eat like the lower middle class to which we aspire. Fire up the hibachi!").

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Maybe this Shawna girl is really just a nice person who was also accused of a crime she didn't commit (like the A-Team) and she feels for Major. Or maybe she did commit whatever crime she was accused of, as Major initially guessed. Or maybe she's a Chaos Killer hater who wants to make him pay for kidnapping all of those people. That's why you don't invite a stranger to your home before you get to know them, damn it.

I got a definite crazy vibe from her. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm worried about ol' Major. 

• Love 4

Clive getting really into the game was entertaining. Out of all people, I didn't expect it to be Clive! And this is why i love this show. They can even use the 'straight man' to have some comedic moments. It's nice to see all characters get their chance to shine. Well, except for Peyton right now. She's just...not fitting on the show as a regular. 

Also the Dale/Clive scene was sad. It does suck when a messy breakup comes to haunt you. It is so nice to get more Clive, though.

I also can't remember if they actually solved the case. Weird; usually, I do remember, but the last part of the case I remember is them finding the secret room and questioning Zoe. I guess they stuck with the Russians killed D&D Guy, but I just expected that it would be a turnaround and Zoe actually killed him. I'm not fully sure of the relevance of it either way, but I guess the case will be continued. I do like when shows don't solve cases in that episode. Sometimes, it's nice to see them being carried over.

Major being Liv's supporter for her and Justin is too weird. Show, you just had them making out when Major became human! And now he's all for Liv/Justin? One of the few times they misstep. 

I'd like to think that Shawna is playing Major and is really just planning to kill him for "killing' someone that she knows, or she's just a bland, temporary love interest for him so that Major can have a little action while Liv's preoccupied with Justin. 

So, I guess Blaine's experiment went horribly wrong. Now Don E might actually be in trouble! No, not Don E!

• Love 2

I think they should have shuffled things around with the D&D stuff. Major should have had the this-is-for-nerds...wait, I'm so into it!  Ravi should have been "Sirjay." It was cringeworthy that Ravi kept trying to heal Peyton. Give it a rest. (Whatever happened to his ex-boss from the CDC, btw?)

I hope things are not as obvious as they seem (i.e. that Chase Graves set up the explosion to take out the zombie leadership, that he also committed the Tuttle-Reid murders to accelerate D-Day). I also hope that he gets a personality that is more interesting and fun. 

I didn't even catch that Bruce Harwood was in the episode, I have to go back and watch. Byers!

I need more Jason Dohring. Don't bring him on and then relegate him to one scene. He looks very thin, and I kind of hate that shaved at the sides/poof on top 'do that he (and so many others) is sporting, but still, he makes my heart flutter a little. His sudden, unexpected 'That's a nice dress' to Liv amidst his otherwise almost-interrogation with her was...disarming. More, please.

I don't understand the whole relationship between Major and Liv anymore either.

Ravi revealing his actual (if altered) identity seemed a very bad move.

The trope that D&D players are geeks and nerds is sort of old (tho maybe accurate, I don't know) and at first, they seemed such a cliché that it was almost insulting, but I liked that they wound up getting into it, especially Clive. Peyton was my spirit animal throughout tho: 'I'm dead.  See ya'. Also, was the girl geek really anyone's idea of a nerd? She was one hot nerd.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Anela said:

Did they actually solve the case? I was distracted for part of it. I'll have to watch it again tomorrow. 

I loved Clive in that game, too.

They didn't solve the case. The fbi took over and she didn't trust Clive with who they 'liked' for the murder, so they haven't solved it, either. 

• Love 2

Chase Graves raised the gun and started shooting at the end, I didn't see him pulling it out of a holster/pants/pocket...so he was talking to the mayor prospect while holding a pistol. It does make it look like he may have been waiting for something or it was really sucky fight choreography. I think he was speaking softly to Liv because there were humans present at the event, although it seemed odd to me they were having that conversation there at all.  

I have liked Liv with her romantic partners, even Drake, but I think there is too much going on for a thirteen episode season and we've established that Liv likes boys and is successful in the dating scene, we could see her, say, supporting her platonic relationships more.  Also, if the love interest had remained primarily Major's contact we could see more of Filmore Graves from the inside, which is pretty interesting at this point. It might be interesting to see Liv and Ravi working together in the lab, more, too.  Blaine, by himself again, Boss back... In general, with such a short season they are spreading people thin, not combining them. Like spreading peanut butter, but we are left with less bread this season and now less peanut butter per bite. That's an awful metaphor, isn't it :-)

Speaking of...did the brains used to come with the detailed information dump? A little physical stuff, sure, but actual languages (not even just a phrase rising to top in a time of stress) and passwords and the memory of all of the hit rolls/die moves? Because the fact that this guy spoke Russian and knew a lot about the power grid could have been useful information before they found the actual secret room, and she apparently had the information. 

I also would like Liv learning to actually be a cop, since she is acting as one. Can police just pick random partners out of thin air? Occasionally the medical examiner working closely with them would be justified but this is getting to the point where it is looking really fishy. Like Veronica Mars, the way a PI operated was totally in violation of privacy and the constitution, this seems pretty fishy, too.

6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Every time I see Liv and Justin together and being happy, I keep waiting for something bad to happen to poor Justin.

I know! Liv's boyfriends—save for Major—don't have much of a shelf life.

2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I used to think of him as kind of a straight man to Liv's character of the week, but now he's one of the more interesting parts of the show. Credit to Malcolm Goodwin. 

MG is doing a great job. It helps that Clive knows what's going on, so he doesn't have to play straight man all the time. He can embrace the nuttiness a bit more.

Shawna is definitely bad news. Poor Major.

• Love 4

They are juggling many plots for a short season. I'm wondering if the suspiciousness of the Dominatrix murder case ties in with the Fillmore Graves zombie faction, the Blaine's daddy zombie faction, or Stacey Boss. 

I also can't remember exactly when Barracus was turned-- if it was revealed he had been a client of the Dominatrix-- it had to have been pre-zombification-- because she was never turned. 

I'm convinced that Chase set up the phony assassination attempt to boost Barracus' poll numbers-- but I don't know if he's behind the helicopter explosion.

IMOP--The Brain-of-the-week plots have been the weak links this season-- except for the father-daughter brains. 

37 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

'''''

I need more Jason Dohring. Don't bring him on and then relegate him to one scene. He looks very thin, and I kind of hate that shaved at the sides/poof on top 'do that he (and so many others) is sporting, but still, he makes my heart flutter a little. His sudden, unexpected 'That's a nice dress' to Liv amidst his otherwise almost-interrogation with her was...disarming. More, please.

'''

I still hope that Chase Graves will turn out to have a wife and twin two year old boys/girls and support the cure, because it would be unexpected and they need more allies and he wouldn't necessarily need to die soon. 

Yeah, they will watch Ravi and the zombies from Filmore Graves will come to the apartment or morgue and it will get ugly. 

8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Major saying that his character's first name was SirJay but that he wasn't a knight reminded me of Who's the Man? ("Did you go to medical school? Did your mom name you 'doctor'?").

I presumed he was referring to a name spelled something like Sergei or Sergé (not sure what spelling has a soft G sound, or if that's a regional thing).

• Love 1

My heart hurt during the Clive-Bozzio scene. I hope those two crazy kids work things out- maybe she finds out the secret and understands why Clive hid things from her. 

Poor Justin is a goner. Don't let us like another Liv love interest and then kill them for no reason, writers.

I am fearing for Major and Ravi's safety.

I would have watched a whole episode of the gang just hanging out and playing D & D. I'm not gonna lie, I used to play D & D every week on Saturdays with some friends (by used to, I mean last year) and this was a decent reenactment of the game, although these guys took it WAY more seriously than we ever did (we used the game as an excuse for a LOT of day drinking) and were a bit more stereotypically nerdy than we are (I think?), but the play itself was quite accurate, and it really is super easy to get swept up in the game drama! I loved everyone (except for Peyton) getting super into the game, especially Clive! Between Clive discovering his love of Game of Thrones and now wanting to start a weekly D & D game, I think Clive just needs to admit what a nerd he is and just let his nerd flag fly!

The MoTW was really weird to me. It was kind of like the dominatrix killing, where the ending was super abrupt and seemed unfinished. Like, this random guy had a secret room and was hacking Russian power plants? And he showed it to his kind of girlfriend and she never thought that was weird? Maybe it was just an excuse to check in on Bozzio and see that she was still pissed off at Clive? I don't know, it just seemed weird.

I don't know if I trust the photographer that Ravi met OR the lady that wrote the letter to Major. Speaking of, I'm worried about Ravi being under cover with the Zombie Truthers, especially now that they know his real identity. He is doing a pretty good job at being undercover so far, but its not like he's a cop or anyone trained to do this. And its clear that the brothers running the thing are really dangerous. Actually, I'm wondering how kill crazy most of the other Zombie Truthers are. For all they know, all the zombies are evil, and they're an actual threat to humanity. We know that most of the zombies aren't evil, but they don't know that. And at least a few of them, like the radio guy, don't seem like they actually want to hurt anyone. The brothers and some of the others are a definite threat, but maybe the others could be reasoned with?

I really still have no idea why Liv and Major aren't together. There is literally nothing stopping them, and they clearly still have feelings for each other. I don't get it.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I really still have no idea why Liv and Major aren't together. There is literally nothing stopping them, and they clearly still have feelings for each other. I don't get it.

Currently the thing stopping them is that he's human and she's a zombie, but I'm guessing they are end-game. That said, I think their moment before he took the cure was a bit of an old-times-sake thing and while they have feelings for each other they've both got their own things going on and have for a long time - Natalie, Drake etc. 

I think Major isn't really okay with the Justin situation but is really trying - it's part of what drives him to seek out Shawna. I don't think that will end well but I am super-shallow so I appreciated that scene of him getting ready and the absolutely-necessary-to-the-plot close-up of his abs. 

I don't know a lot about D&D but this was a fun episode. The way Clive got into it and Ravi's protestations before giving into his baser nerd instincts -  ending with him painting miniatures at the morgue - was adorable, and the humour of the case balanced with that heartbreaking Clive-Bozzio scene. Malcolm Goodwin is killing it this season.

Yes to the return of Bad Blaine. He's so much better than shmoopy Blaine. That scene of him at the well with his dad made me laugh and laugh. 

• Love 6
On 5/31/2017 at 8:32 AM, sacrebleu said:

They are juggling many plots for a short season.

I've been feeling this way as well.  Several episodes (this week included) haven't felt like stories in an of themselves - they're more like a collection of events moving along the various season long plot lines.  Don't get me wrong, I generally enjoy the world building that they've done on the show - but at it's heart, I still want this to be a fun procedural about Liv solving murders with her zombie powers.  The "Brain of the Week" used to be something that kind of anchored the show - too often this season though, it seems like we've had to blow through the actual investigation to get to the "bigger picture" stuff.  And, as other people have mentioned, we basically didn't get a conclusion to the case this time.

I don't know - maybe I had higher hopes for this week because my wife and I finally talked some friends into forming a D&D group (we're pretty much all new players apart from our DM).  I had considered saving the episode to show at our next session, but I don't think the story would make sense just on it's own.  It's a shame, because the actual game scene with the main cast was outstanding, and I thought they did a decent job of making it all seem fun, and not lame.  The only part I found eye-rolling was how all the suspect guys were crushing on the lone girl in their group - that felt like kind of a lazy joke.  Otherwise, it was a good premise - I just wish we could have had a more cohesive story, with an actual resolution.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:53 AM, luna1122 said:

I didn't even catch that Bruce Harwood was in the episode, I have to go back and watch. Byers!

He was the blink-and-you'll-miss-it "I'm a doctor" after Baracus (the mayoral candidate) was shot.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I would have watched a whole episode of the gang just hanging out and playing D & D.

Same here. I want more scenes of the whole Scooby gang working together and having fun together and less of the various dating matchups. Bozzio is back? I don't care. I never thought much of the character and I find the actress a bore to watch. Clive is funny this season. Please don't hang the Bozzio albatross around his neck.

Something is definitely up with Shawna. No way would they give Major a normal girlfriend. She's either guilty of whatever crime she was accused of and is looking to bond with someone who she thinks might share her nature or someone important to her was affected by the Chaos Killer and she's out to get revenge.

Why didn't Ravi just destroy the hate mail? If it's against the law, I doubt Major would've turned him in for it if he ever even found out about it.

I miss Major being a zombie. Major on teenage girl brains is still the best.

And count me in on thinking that this season feels too crammed with story tangents.  Is it just the 13 episode and no chance for additional ones ordered?

• Love 7

I think I may be the only person not suspicious of Shawna.  I think she might be genuinely innocent.  I was a little offended when Ravi said something like "people who say they were wrongly accused are usually rightfully accused".  I'm like, isn't that exactly what happened to Major?

9 hours ago, Thrifty said:

I think I may be the only person not suspicious of Shawna.  I think she might be genuinely innocent.  I was a little offended when Ravi said something like "people who say they were wrongly accused are usually rightfully accused".  I'm like, isn't that exactly what happened to Major?

The attitude was a little annoying but I don't really consider Major wrongly accused. Yes, he wasn't actually killing them but he was kidnapping them and sticking them in a freezer and he deliberately created the impression he was killing them.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Not really. In this case, even if Major was just kidnapping the victims, he was still responsible for the victims' disappearances. He was still the guy the police were looking for; they just were calling him by the wrong name because they didn't know what he was really doing. But I will agree that Ravi's line just didn't fit. Then again, Ravi's attitude all season has been annoying. It's a good thing I adore Rahul (especially since he's a fan of my favourite online company) or else I'd really can't stand Ravi's scenes. 

12 hours ago, rove4 said:

I miss Major being a zombie. Major on teenage girl brains is still the best.

Same here. I kind of have a wishlist for what I want with Major next season, and him becoming a zombie again is high on it. I was really getting into the idea of seeing Major/Liv being this badass zombie duo, and being able to see Major and Liv on other brains. They gave us a taste in the first season with Lowell (RIP Lowell), so I was hoping for more. 

I could get on board with the Liv/Major zombie team, and I like them as a couple. But I think after a while they may start looking too flip-floppy with various characters passing between zombie and human repeatedly. Especially when everyone but Liv looks normal all the time now, zombie or no. (Excepting Blaine's bleach job or whatever that's about.)

(Sorry, but once again ... why is Liv's hair made of straw but other female zombies' hair is magically fixed with hair dye? Even hers? Not talking about color, but texture. I realize they gave her a signature look and they can't alter it much, but the costuming inconsistency with other zombies grates. I'd rather we see her looking more or less normal most of the time, but have her "zombie out" a little more like she used to. It works for vampire shows.)

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2017 at 5:53 AM, luna1122 said:

I was horrified. Not only was it ill thought out, it was unecessary - he offered up this information for seemingly no reason at all! This mission was purely for information gathering purposes. They might have slowed their plans for the time being, but the repercussions of this are going to be terrible. Not only he but Liv, Major, and all of their friends and secrets are potentially at risk now. Liv was already nearly recognized outside the meeting, what happens if he sees her at the Morgue? Sees Clive? It wouldn't take a genius to put two and two together. Once they follow him home and discover that he's roomies with "The Chaos Killer" who just so happens to be currently employed by Fillmore Graves...it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

Also, Ravi, please save Don E. If someone hurts him I'll cry. 

Edited by Karlophe
Clarity
  • Love 2

It says something about how broad Liv's personalities are getting that when I saw her at the crime scene of the D&D master I actually groaned. I was enjoying the episode a lot without her running around like some batshit 12 year old circa 1983. 

Does that mean the game wasn't flicking highLOLarious? No. No it doesn't. It was kind of amazing.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, kieyra said:

(Sorry, but once again ... why is Liv's hair made of straw but other female zombies' hair is magically fixed with hair dye?

Ugh, yes, Liv's hair bugs me. It totally looks like straw.  Surely there were better wigs out there.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Not really. In this case, even if Major was just kidnapping the victims, he was still responsible for the victims' disappearances. He was still the guy the police were looking for; they just were calling him by the wrong name because they didn't know what he was really doing. But I will agree that Ravi's line just didn't fit. Then again, Ravi's attitude all season has been annoying. It's a good thing I adore Rahul (especially since he's a fan of my favourite online company) or else I'd really can't stand Ravi's scenes. 

The thing is, no one really has any evidence against Major.  All the "victims" turned up alive.  Even though they had "disappeared", they all "reappeared" at the Max Rager Party.  And I am sure none of the "victims" are going to claim they were kidnapped because then it goes to motive and their whole zombie condition would be revealed.  The whole thing became just one big dead end, and once all the "victims" turned up alive, I don't know why anyone is still attributing anything to Major.  Seriously.

1 hour ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

The thing is, no one really has any evidence against Major.  All the "victims" turned up alive.  Even though they had "disappeared", they all "reappeared" at the Max Rager Party.  And I am sure none of the "victims" are going to claim they were kidnapped because then it goes to motive and their whole zombie condition would be revealed.  The whole thing became just one big dead end, and once all the "victims" turned up alive, I don't know why anyone is still attributing anything to Major.  Seriously.

I'm really confused by what the official story is regarding the kidnappings. It's been bugging me for a while in a mild way but this just brought it home. I also had hoped for some moments between him and the people he kidnapped, some emotional resolution to the plotline since it messed with Major so much last year that he was taking drugs to deal with it. But since I don't know what the police and public believe happened, I can't assess anyone's actions based on it.

I agree this season is unfocussed and these kinds of things are falling through the cracks.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2017 at 5:34 PM, MissEwa said:

I think Major isn't really okay with the Justin situation but is really trying - it's part of what drives him to seek out Shawna. I don't think that will end well but I am super-shallow so I appreciated that scene of him getting ready and the absolutely-necessary-to-the-plot close-up of his abs. 

It was totally necessary to the plot! I have been enjoying all the shirtless Major scenes this season. That is one hot body.

On 6/1/2017 at 5:34 PM, MissEwa said:

I don't know a lot about D&D but this was a fun episode. The way Clive got into it and Ravi's protestations before giving into his baser nerd instincts -  ending with him painting miniatures at the morgue - was adorable, and the humour of the case balanced with that heartbreaking Clive-Bozzio scene. Malcolm Goodwin is killing it this season.

I do like that Clive was the one who got way into it -- I thought it would be Ravi, after complaining it was too nerdy (and just ONCE, I would love to see a show where the main characters talk about people who are into games, comics, sci-fi/fantasy, etc. without calling them nerds/geeks/losers. I expected more from you, Rob Thomas!)

Ravi revealing his real identity to the anti-zombie group is so going to come back to bite him. And I am suspicious of the photographer girl, who claims she has also photographed "Nessie and Sasquatch."

I want more Jason Dohring, with more personality. 

Did it seem a bit out of character of Clive to not read the situation with his ex? It was obvious from the moment they started talking that she was still really angry with him; that would not be the time to pour your heart out. Poor Clive. 

Loved Don E. on the blue brains!

I want more Jason Dohring, with more personality. 

I'd settle for a scene where he and Major are both shirtless. Working out? Fighting? Dancing? I'm not picky. Or maybe they can use Buffy's suggestion - they can wrestle and oil of some kind could be involved.

• Love 1

Sorry, but once again ... why is Liv's hair made of straw but other female zombies' hair is magically fixed with hair dye?

co-sign. I could actually fan wank in the very beginning of the show, that she believed she was undead and the only one of her kind, and was suffering some kind of post-traumatic depression. Now that she knows there are many more like her, she has friends of the living and undead kind, and her zombie-ism has given her a purpose (solving crimes) it's really time for some self care-- starting with improved grooming.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Ok I'm not tracking.  Who is Jason Dohring?  What character does he play?

Jason Dohring is an old fan favorite from "Veronica Mars" days. I think he played her boyfriend for a while.  He was also in "Moonlight" with Alex O'Loughlin and played his vampire best friend. In iZombie, he's playing Chase Graves, the brother(?) of the deceased (for good) female leader of the Zombie school.  I believe she was in charge of preparing the Zombies' move to Zombie Island. She was in the helicopter that blew up. Liv and Peyton met him at that reception for the Zombie candidate that's running for office. The candidate was shot and almost zombied out in front of his son and guests until Liv got him to calm down.

MV5BMjI5MzM3NzkxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzU3MDAwMTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

@sacrebleu With regard to Liv's hair & skin tone, I just think they use her appearance as a running in-house joke. There is always a reference to her appearance by both live and undead characters. Someone always mentions her paleness or suggests that she use spray tan. I also think the showrunner uses her appearance to set Liv apart from humans and zombies.

As an aside, I can't wait to see Peyton in that bunny outfit. Even though I hated her infatuation with Blaine, I still think she's totally hot.

Edited by Jacks-Son
On 5/31/2017 at 3:13 AM, thuganomics85 said:

As soon as I saw Jessica Harmon's name in the credits, I awaited the return of Bozzo!  Too bad she still hasn't forgiven Clive for keeping things from her, and he had to have his heart crushed again.  I hope they work it out eventually.  Assuming she has time to come back, with her busy trying to survive Primfaya over on The 100.

Good eye.  I didn't place Bozzo as Niylah on "The 100" until you mentioned it. Clarke's temp replacement for Lexa sure gets around.  Good for her.  I think she was one of the Grounders that survived Primfaya, but I don't remember what clan she belonged to. If I recall correctly, she really wasn't affiliated with any clan, although she may have been Ice Nation.

34 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Good eye.  I didn't place Bozzo as Niylah on "The 100" until you mentioned it. Clarke's temp replacement for Lexa sure gets around.  Good for her.  I think she was one of the Grounders that survived Primfaya, but I don't remember what clan she belonged to. If I recall correctly, she really wasn't affiliated with any clan, although she may have been Ice Nation.

She's Trikru but they see her as a traitor because she lived with Skikru. She survived Priamfaya because Octavia com Wonkru gave her a Skikru place in the Bunker. 

...and apparently there's a universe where I end up typing that sentence...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

She's Trikru but they see her as a traitor because she lived with Skikru. She survived Priamfaya because Octavia com Wonkru gave her a Skikru place in the Bunker. 

Thanks for the clarification. The last two episodes were so hectic I couldn't keep up with who went where. I just want to know who that last little nightblood is with Clarke. Too bad the Previously.TV The 100 forum is so anemic. Thanks again.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:45 PM, AudienceofOne said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but this made me chuckle. :) 

On 6/8/2017 at 4:03 AM, Anela said:
On 6/6/2017 at 6:45 PM, AudienceofOne said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but this made me chuckle. :) 

I know, it's one of those, "You had to be there" scenarios. @AudienceofOne realized how ludicrous that sentence sounded, but it makes perfect sense to fans of the series.  Basically, it's an OT quickie. The actress who plays Bozzio is on another series on The CW called, "The 100". She plays Niylah, the temporary lover of the show's protagonist   Sort of a post-Nuclear apocalyptic drama where mankind's survivors have separated into 12 clans (e.g. Trikru, Azgeda) and are joined by a group of pre-Nuclear citizens (Skikru, the 13th. clan) who escaped the holocaust by living in outer space.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

I know, it's one of those, "You had to be there" scenarios. @AudienceofOne realized how ludicrous that sentence sounded, but it makes perfect sense to fans of the series.  Basically, it's an OT quickie. The actress who plays Bozzio is on another series on The CW called, "The 100". She plays Niylah, the temporary lover of the show's protagonist   Sort of a post-Nuclear apocalyptic drama where mankind's survivors have separated into 12 clans (e.g. Trikru, Azgeda) and are joined by a group of pre-Nuclear citizens (Skikru, the 13th. clan) who escaped the holocaust by living in outer space.

I've started to tell family members about a show I was watching, in the past, only to realize it sounded really weird or out there, as I was talking. That's why I laughed. :) Thanks for the information. I think I watched the first few episodes of that show, a few years ago.