Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

She looked at the camera and said "I'm faking" right after Josh left. 

She told Paul she could fake cry anytime she wanted, really Alex, so bloody talented, useless at BB though!

2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

This is like the Onion, right?

What a complete barn pot! Smh

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Paul's whole bullshit is like in Meet Me In St. Louis when Tootie lied like a psychopath about John Truett beating her up, but then, even after Esther went to go kick John's ass (which is such an awesome scene, by the way, Garland just trotting over there to go beat up the guy she loves because she thinks he punched her little sister), everyone was all, "Eh, it's Tootie, what are you going to do?"

Wow - a Meet Me in St Louis reference.  I'm going to see it in a movie theater tomorrow night.  I've only seen it on video and that was awhile ago.   Is Tootie's doll named Raven?  It must be because her doll has seven fatal diseases.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, zorak said:

Alex thinks they fucked up by keeping Christmas around because she says thinks Christmas actually wants to win. 

gee, Without the assumption that EVERY player "wants to win", there's no reason to have this on TV at all.  

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, hhawks said:

Wow - a Meet Me in St Louis reference.  I'm going to see it in a movie theater tomorrow night.  I've only seen it on video and that was awhile ago.   Is Tootie's doll named Raven?  It must be because her doll has seven fatal diseases.

These Meet Me in St Louis references are one of my favorite parts of this year's Live Feeds discussion.  One of my all-time favorite movies.  I am tempted to pop my DVD in and watch it again just for the nostalgia of it. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

From the article:

“No, I wasn’t going into the house trying to play the sympathy card. I went into the house with the intention of educating people on Gastroparesis. I had a story to tell and wasn’t going to be quiet about it. I went into the house with the goal of spreading awareness about my disease but not using it to gain sympathy. I told people not to treat me any differently … even though I have this disease and a pacemaker. I wanted them to treat me like a regular game player and they did,” she said emphatically.

Thanks! I needed that laugh. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

....I really, really want Paul to convince everyone to throw it to Kevin (I assume Alex won't). Then, hopefully Kevin wins, pulls himself off, and Josh puts up Paul in his place.

The truly best part if Paul really wants to go through with this is that he underestimates Josh and Christmas' bond in comparison with Paul's bond with them. If Josh can convince Kevin to vote out Paul because they'd have the votes, then this surprise eviction could be better than Austin's.

I know it won't end up happening, but there's a possibility!

From your mouth to God's ears! 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TresGatos said:

She was a housemate on one of the Big Brother UK seasons. Her fellow houseguests were Angie Bowie, ex-wife of David Bowie, and David Gest. When Angie Bowie was told that David Bowie had died Tiffany thought they were talking about David Gest and became hysterical. Tiffany has been on some sort of celebrity dating show with Callum Best who was also on a season of Celebrity Big Brother UK.

Gary Busey has also been a cast member of Celebrity Big Brother UK. He was on the same season as Stephanie Pratt whose brother, Spencer, appeared on a different season with his wife, Heidi Montag. 

Other C-Z list celebrities who have appeared in the UK edition of Celebrity Big Brother are: Frankie Grande! Also, Brandi Granville, Dustin Diamond, Ray J,  Aubrey O'Day, Prez Hilton, Romeo, Tara Reid, Ivana Trump, Coolio, Jermaine Jackson, Dennis Rodman, Traci Bingham and Prince Lorenzo from Bachelorette "fame." 

Another season featured Farrah Abraham, Janice Dickinson, Jenna Jamison, and Tila Tequila. Tila Tequila ended up getting kicked off after her pro-Nazi social media posts came to light.

Another season had Germaine Greer, Jackie Stallone, and Brigitte Nielson as houseguests. Germaine Greer self-evicted after complaining of "bullying" by Brigitte and another housemate, John McCririck. She compared the Big Brother House to a, "fascist prison." Director Ken Russell also self-evicted after one week during his 2007 season after getting into an altercation with fellow housemate, Jane Goody and her mother, Jackiey. "I grew up in the slums of Southampton, but I have never heard such talk." Russell said in an interview with the Daily Mail,  "There used to be a word for such low-lifes - guttersnipes. I haven't used that word for more than 60 years - not until I met that girl and her mother." Jade Goody was "famous" for winning the UK version of Big Brother four years before she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother. She died of cancer in 2009.

I have wanted a US version of Celebrity Big Brother for years! I am so excited it's finally going to happen!.

So, this should actually be called "Reality TV Celebrity Big Brother"...that's all any of these people are famous for.  I know there's a "rapper" mixed in there, but he became famous for a sex video tape, not his music.

Re: Ravens exit interview (sorry, doing this as an edit & I couldn't quote) where she comments about her relationship with Matt & says we will all have to stay tune to see the future of "Maven", like any of us even care! 

She didn't want attention from her disease, why then she she have to show that pacemaker to that SNL guy who hosted the comp if it were not for attention. She has in her head that she's going to go down as a BB Sweetheart.

Edited by alegtostandon
32 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Another season had Germaine Greer, Jackie Stallone . . .

This bodes well for my chances of getting on the show. People call me the poor man's Jackie Stallone.

I got up too early today because my cats were being bad. I thought "Well, at least I can go read what's happening on the feeds." This is disappointing. I'm not one to say "WORST SEASON EVER," but these people suck. This is what would have happened if the Friendship had rolled over Janelle's alliance early in the game. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Joker's seems to think that Paul and Christmas has showmanced up

I am not surprised given Christmas' talk to the camera saying she had feelings for him.  Her ex had a full beard [longish]; just a little detail that says he might be her type.  Nothing will happen beyond cuddling in the house but they may be warming up to try when this wraps.  I tend to think it is more Christmas than Paul. 

ETA.  Alex is not picking up on the fact she is #1 for him.  She still thinks they are keeping their F2 deal a secret.  I hope all goes as planned and she is out on Tuesday.  I am looking forward to a blindside!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, wings707 said:

I don't think the jury needs to be poisoned.  They all arrived there hating Paul! 

I've arrived at hating Paul for ruining this season!

I apologize for veering off topic earlier. I fell asleep before the Thursday show so the 1st I heard of a Celebrity Big Brother was hear and I was so exited about it.

So sorry I took the focus off of Paul. I am a bad team player.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Christmas wants to do Playboy and hopes they call.  Paul says he wants to go with her on the events.  

After all, she's a motivational speaker. She's  all about empowering woman. Oh, brother! I wish Christmas & Paul would get cut before the Final 2. Ain't gonna happen but I dream can't I? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

After all, she's a motivational speaker. She's  all about empowering woman. Oh, brother! I wish Christmas & Paul would get cut before the Final 2. Ain't gonna happen but I dream can't I? 

A better dream, because it will happen, is them facing the consequences of their actions on SM when they get out.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, wings707 said:

A better dream, because it will happen, is them facing the consequences of their actions on SM when they get out.  

Paul probably won't care but that's sort of Christmas business, right? Or so she claims. She might be surprised by the reaction she gets. I just always hated her inserting herself in every fight that didn't involve her. Now, she's into treating Josh like he's 5 years old. STFU Christmas!

• Love 3

As much as I want Paul gone, I think I want Alex gone even more. She's not only a mean mean girl, she's terrible at this game. Paul sucks, but I can't say that he's played badly. And if someone I don't like is gonna win this game, I'd rather it be someone who's actually, ya know, played intelligently. So I'm hoping Alex doesn't win the veto and gets the boot on Thursday. And then Josh can somehow manage to position himself to boot Paul before F2. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Paul probably won't care but that's sort of Christmas business, right? Or so she claims. She might be surprised by the reaction she gets. I just always hated her inserting herself in every fight that didn't involve her. Now, she's into treating Josh like he's 5 years old. STFU Christmas!

Paul will act like he doesn't care but he will.  No one is immune to criticism.  I think he has delusions of grandeur thinking he will be praised for his expertise and placed on the list of all time great winners.  

17 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

As much as I want Paul gone, I think I want Alex gone even more. She's not only a mean mean girl, she's terrible at this game. Paul sucks, but I can't say that he's played badly. And if someone I don't like is gonna win this game, I'd rather it be someone who's actually, ya know, played intelligently. So I'm hoping Alex doesn't win the veto and gets the boot on Thursday. And then Josh can somehow manage to position himself to boot Paul before F2. 

Same here. 

• Love 4

Yeah, I know I'd love for Paul to be gone this week but I also don't want Alex anywhere near F2. Since she's the best competitor after Paul, if he goes, she could easily slide into F2. 

At least Paul's earned his way to F2. Alex has been utterly stupid the entire game and if she's voted out this week next to Kevin? That makes it even better. Although Paul will probably get Josh to break the tie to protect himself and although it's an excellent move for Paul, I hope not only Josh exposes Paul in his goodbye message to Alex, but he takes Paul out next eviction.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Eh, not a big deal.  The very light slap was a theatrical, snap out of it.   He has done far, far worse.  How about an article on how he encourages everyone to demean and harass Kevin?  

10 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Jeeze -- I missed that! That's not strategy, that's psychosis. 

psychosis is a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality. 

Paul is just an asshole. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Eh, not a big deal.  The very light slap was a theatrical, snap out of it.   He has done far, far worse.  How about an article on how he encourages everyone to demean and harass Kevin?  

psychosis is a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality. 

Paul is just an asshole. 

I didn't mean the slap. I meant the look in his eye and the contempt in his voice.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I feel bad for Kevin, sitting there all alone. Are they not talking to him on purpose?

Well, Kevin is purposefully keeping to himself because Paul told him to, so there's that.

My reaction to everything I'm reading about what has happened the past day:

tumblr_inline_ountz85YL71upqte1_540.gif

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

I didn't mean the slap. I meant the look in his eye and the contempt in his voice.

Exactly.  The also was really nothing.  It was the way Paul just single mindedly walked up with the intent to slap him and with that sneer on his face and in his voice. The power has gone to his head.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Paul is just an asshole. 

I may have been bored with Derrick, entertained by a few, but I have never hated anyone like I do Paul, from his slapping Josh, to harassing, belittling other HG, like it's all gameplay. I will cheer loudly if he looses to any of them! 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I may have been bored with Derrick, entertained by a few, but I have never hated anyone like I do Paul, from his slapping Josh, to harassing, belittling other HG, like it's all gameplay. I will cheer loudly if he looses to any of them! 

Paul acts that way because it is the behavior of a HG who knows he is slated to win and is controlling anyone who gets in his way and throws a wrench in his personal plan. His personality morphed into a monster in there. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
typo
  • Love 3

Josh's mood swings would drive me crazy and I have to grudgingly give credit to Christmas for not just losing it every time he starts crying.  However, Paul talking to him like that was chilling....serial killer chilling.  His total contempt for Josh was on display.  It's too bad Josh won't think about that and do something but he probably has Stockholm Syndrome at this point.  and as an abusee, he probably blames himself for making Paul mad at him.

I don't want Paul to win anything!

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, watch2much said:

Josh's mood swings would drive me crazy and I have to grudgingly give credit to Christmas for not just losing it every time he starts crying.  However, Paul talking to him like that was chilling....serial killer chilling.  His total contempt for Josh was on display.  It's too bad Josh won't think about that and do something but he probably has Stockholm Syndrome at this point.  and as an abusee, he probably blames himself for making Paul mad at him.

I don't want Paul to win anything!

Josh has a lot of mood swings and it has made him act out negatively, that's for sure. I know that dealing with Josh during his heightened periods of emotions, whether happy, sad, or angry is probably frustrating. However. seeing the behaviour of Paul, Alex, and more recently Christmas has helped a lot with forgiving Josh for his bad behaviour earlier this season (not forgetting about it, but forgiving, like Mark has). Paul is a cult leader, that's pretty much it. He has his minions wrapped around his finger until it's too late. Now Paul has the total complacency of three out of four houseguests left beside him in the game. He encourages the bullying, the isolation tactics, and so much of this negative behaviour while barely getting his hands dirty. Now that it feels like he's losing some of that control because there are fewer houseguests, he's upped his tactics to doing them personally. Alex is the first stupid loyal cult follower who has caused much of the damage of this season, in that there absolutely would have been more of a divide if she wasn't in the game, or if she had been evicted earlier. She encouraged Jason, and in turn Kevin, to stick by Paul's side because she trusted him wholeheartedly. Jason naively trusted her judgment because he mistakenly overestimated the size of her intelligence. The game could have absolutely shifted around the time of the first DE if it wasn't for Alex, that much I know. 

As for Christmas, her worst behaviours have been present in the last two or three weeks. Her love and obsession with Paul has clouded the logic that I do think she knows. She's following her heart, rather than her mind, and that is a dangerous thing. It's worse, in a way, than Alex's obsession with Paul because Christmas acknowledges Paul's stance in the game, how he'll absolutely win, and she knows all of his plans....and wants to lose to him regardless. At least Alex was stupid enough to think that she could potentially cut Paul and win with Jason by her side. Alex never planned to lose to Paul like Christmas is. And worst yet is that Christmas is going to drop Josh for Paul, while Josh would drop Paul for Christmas. She is extremely condescending toward Josh because she thinks she has to control his behaviour. She's kept him grounded when he was at his most anxious the first month, but now he doesn't even need the grounding. Her power over Josh may be worse because she's now officially playing for Paul. Her aggression and bullying of Josh (calling him stupid, passive aggressively talking to him, staying complacent to Paul's actions, etc) has now placed her on the same level of Alex, but perhaps even further down. 

Remember when I actively rooted for Christmas and gave her the benefit of the doubt, right until three or four evictions ago? Yeah, that's how fast an opinion can change once you see more of them. Now, she's getting out of the house with a questionable future in her career (it definitely won't be the same as it was before this summer), probably second place at best (but I get the feeling that Paul won't want to take the chance and lose to a girl again), and no boyfriend in Paul, as I fully suspect she thinks could happen. Paul won't give her the time of day after this season's over, and she's really setting herself up to be broken hearted, especially once she sees how far she dropped in popularity in the last month. 

And if they somehow got me rooting for Josh, a person I actively disliked up until Mark's eviction, then there's a serious problem with those three people.

• Love 24

I have to get this off my chest, so excuse the rant and bear with me here....

I've been perplexed about this discussion board since it's been so lack luster, and I've been trying to figure out why, what, when did this all lose the steam. Is it us, the audience who can't find the juice, or is it the players? Never have I ever felt such a transparent bunch of people playing as if they have all been told "here is the script, and this is how it's going to go, but make it look real, now go and act it", yet none of them are actors and as much as they are trying to make this look real, they can not, they're incapable. It plays out sad and mediocre and pathetic. Even Paul as "the winner of BB19", is playing with this intention that it all has been pre decided by the "script" and as much as he tries to "act the role", he fails miserably and is an utter disappointment to the viewer. And I can't help but constantly think that his parents must have some connection-- maybe they have friends of friends who told the producers about this up and coming guy with a "look" (ugh, such a sad hipster has-been look) and now this whole season has been pre written and their baby Paul will get his kickstart for his career. He is the next "it guy" and they are in the process of shaping and pushing and molding his (and the money coming to them since Mama Paul will be his manager) career and and and ...and nothing. It's all a bunch of nothing. 

And going back now to TWoP days. Back when there were recaps and weecaps, and I fell in love with the writers and their absolute snarkiness and brilliant encapsulation of what I was thinking in my brain and they managed to technicolor these shows into something bigger, something that gave me validation for watching absolute shit on TV. Back when Jacob Clifton, M. Giant, Miss Alli, Wing Chun, Joe R. and Jessica ruled the interwebs and made TV watching hilarious and a secret world of it's own. Back when I could not WAIT for the show to be over, just to go and read what they wrote. And after reading the weecaps and recaps, some of them going to 12+ pages which was absolute glorious, I had to find more...more...and came across the forums. Like fresh fried chicken on a Sunday morning, the endless anonymous clever world of forums fed me.

But now, what has happened? My fried chicken tastes like 2 day old gas station chicken, stale and chewy. I've been gipped. Back to the current show. So the live feed discussions for the last 3 years have each a substantial lesser number of pages. Lacking the time to do a dissertation on the actual meat and potatoes of the content and overview, here's my quick take.

Season 16 - 241 pages in live feed discussion. This was the Amber (hottie mixed chick with natural hair), Caleb (muscly "military dude" with low IQ), Derrick (cop who was able for all the world to see, show his skillz from his training), Frankie (over the top flamboyant self obsessed sad older brother who never made it riding on his singer sister's coattails), etc. cast.

Season 17 - 213 pages in live feed discussion. The Vanessa (looked transvestite but wasn't), Audrey (trans and freaked out), Austin (neanderthal with hair and stupid tattoos), Da'Vonne (token black person from Inglewood), James (Southern Asian Redneck), John McGuire (super white Irish funny laugh guy) etc. cast.

Season 18 - 306 pages in live feed discussion. Last year we had Paulie (the cliched NJ 'yoo guys' Italian brotherhood guy), Victor (total gym instruction hottie Latin from Louisiana), Nicole (all American blonde, cute, everyone's girl next door, like mom, apple pie and TV, she's a winner already), introduce Paul (rocker SOAS type dude who loves his mom, remember he kept saying that he was gonna win and buy his mom an S class), Jozea (endless endless endless entertainment here, so stupid, but not mean), Bronte (who in her mind is very clever but wants to come off dumb, and she's really not so likable with a weird voice), etc. etc. 

God. I can't figure it out. I think what ruined this year is Paul. Nothing will convince me otherwise that all the contestants were advised that the winner this year will be Paul, and part of the contract for them all to keep quiet will be and extra $???. So act it dammit. Plus, of all the people they showed last year, I remember how weird it was to meet Paul and his family, especially him and his mother. He seemed way more of a mommy's boy than Josh. And the fact that he wanted to buy his mom an S class was so tacky and superficial. I kep thinking, THAT is what you want to buy? And why an S class? It was a 450 or 550. So odd. At least Will Kirby was getting jet skis and toys and being hilarious about it. Anyway. Sorry for the rant. 

I applaud everyone on here for trying, trying to fake it till we make it, but nothing can save this year. There are no meat and potatoes in this cast. Just 2 day old gas station fried chicken.

Edited by TheGapper
spelling mistakes
  • Love 17

That slap was chilling. The coldness in his voice, the body language, is that of someone for whom absolute obedience and adulation doesn't suffice anymore. There has to be actual abuse. No one is allowed to have feelings. No one is allowed to talk without his permission. No one is allowed to breathe without his permission.

I found it interesting that Raven, Matt, Mark, Elena, and Cody were all actually very happy to be evicted. Raven was upset at first but seemed happier the SECOND the door closed behind her. I don't even like Raven and Matt. But it goes to show just how toxic that house is when people WANT to be evicted. Kevin actually is dying to be evicted.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Raven was upset at first but seemed happier the SECOND the door closed behind her

Well, I think that was just her hamming it up for the cameras, because she needs to have the attention on her, and I guess because she didn't want to do the interview with Julie while still sobbing. Though I'm sure she's also happy to see "Matthew" in jury house. 

But everyone else seemed happy to get out. Cody started campaigning but accepted his fate and immediately relaxed when he was out the doors and sitting next to Julie. Elena accepted her fate and seemed happy to go. Mark campaigned to the very end, but it was clear that he was relieved to be able to chill with Cody and Elena in jury. And Matt's goal was getting to jury anyway (and probably away from his buddy Raven for a bit) so his excitement was pretty obvious. Hell, Jason will probably be happier in jury for a bit, away from Alex, in particular. 

• Love 2

@TheGapper, live feed discussion pages are at 351 so far this year so that's substantially more than recent seasons. That indicates to me that even though most of us seem to hate this season, we still enjoy the discussion.

I do miss the recaps, but as long as people use ad blockers the site can't make money from paying writers to write them. They're not doing this as charity, after all. 

Anyway, Paul still sucks. I see from Twitter that Josh has entertained the idea of attempting to make a move against him, but I have no faith that will happen.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

That slap was chilling. The coldness in his voice, the body language, is that of someone for whom absolute obedience and adulation doesn't suffice anymore. There has to be actual abuse. No one is allowed to have feelings. No one is allowed to talk without his permission. No one is allowed to breathe without his permission.

I found it interesting that Raven, Matt, Mark, Elena, and Cody were all actually very happy to be evicted. Raven was upset at first but seemed happier the SECOND the door closed behind her. I don't even like Raven and Matt. But it goes to show just how toxic that house is when people WANT to be evicted. Kevin actually is dying to be evicted.

I will NEVER, EVER forget how Raven went from sobbing real tears while sitting on the couch and then less than one second later, she bounded out the door and did a cartwheel and bounced over to Julie beaming the biggest widest smile I've ever seen on her. For the few minutes she then spent with Julie, she had this tremendous smile and exuded a tremendous amount of happiness and pride. Why?

Here is my guess. Like so many other contestants (especially this season), she really never seemed to understand how to play this game in such a way to win. It was as if she knew nothing about this game or knew a little bit but didn't care at all about winning. She seemed convinced, right from the start, that merely appearing on this National TV show was her sure fire ticket to fame and fortune. It mattered not at all whether she came in first place or last place. She seemed certain that merely by appearing, wonderful things would be coming into her life. Huge amounts of fame and fortune. She seemed certain that she had won merely by being accepted to appear on the show. She never showed any sign of understanding the difference between Tactics or Strategy. In fact, I would guess she still doesn't understand anything about either of them.

Julie is usually very passive but she tore into Raven (well, as much as Julie ever tore into anyone) and essentially asked her why she never tried to play the game. Raven answered, "I think that I played the very best game that I was capable of  playing. Everyone liked me and Paul took really good care of me"  With hindsight, that showed she had no understanding of what was going on in the house.  She was just clueless.  So, in effect, she really did play the very best game she could - even though she played one of the worst games any audience had ever seen. She was a real ZERO. Just like Jill. Very rare to find any contestant who is a complete ZERO. But both Raven and Jill filled that bill this season. ZERO. ZERO. Waste of time and space.

IMO, the key to understanding Raven is that she was there to further her Bullshit about being a dying girl and she never cared at all about the game. She only cared about getting her story on TV so that people would give her free stuff. She wanted to become famous so that suckers would give her lots of free money and free property. Again, IMO, that makes her a horrible human being. Someone who barely even meets the threshold of becoming human.

OMG! She is just so despicable that she is not worth discussing any more at all. Just a horrible, horrible person. Ugh!

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 6

Hmm as it happens I was reading a book on Kindle. It's Darryl Strawberry's memoir. If you are a Mets fan or a baseball fan I highly recommend it. Anyway Darryl talks about one particular type of ex-drug addict whom he dislikes, and it's those addicts who recover and then have no compassion for anyone. "If I did it then quit your bitchin'" kind of attitude, and they are high-and-mighty and cold towards people struggling with any kind of weakness. Darryl says that he dislikes those types because they totally forget how much of a painful process and struggle it was for them, and they just brush everyone off.

Xmas sort of reminds me of that kind of addict. She struggled for 12 years (by her own admission), but has zero compassion for anyone. Nada, zilch, none. Therefore she found her perfect partner in Paul, who wants to stamp out any humanity and kindness in the house. The way she's been treating Josh is sickening, and I don't even like Josh. But I certainly hope that people were kinder to Xmas when she was struggling with addiction than she is to people now.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Paul acts that way because it is the behavior of a HG who knows he is slated to win and is controlling anyone who gets in his way and thros a wrench in his personal plan. His personality morphed into a monster in there. 

Morphed nothing—we basically saw all this last year, it was just counterbalanced by his wacky side. It's what sank his game to Nicole, however narrowly. But now it's run riot, completely unchecked, especially since Cody's exit. If I absolutely had to give Paul some benefit of the doubt, it's that the advantages he was given early on could've gone to anyone's head, but even so, this is some worst-case scenario, Stanford Prison Experiment shit he's got going on. And it's brought out the ugliest aspects of his closest minions, who, I think we've determined by now, are pretty innately toxic to begin with.

• Love 15

Christmas has said that she wants to come back next year. I bet she wants to make the best of her broken foot and promote her story next year: "Last year she had a broken foot which made her come second. NOW her foot is healed and she is willing to show us how badass she can be!".

Paul has played a masterful game but he should learn jury management better. Josh saying to Jason "Paul planned to take you out" followed by Paul saying he is clueless of what happened can be catastrophic for Paul's game.

At the moment I would like to see Josh cutting Paul just for the sake of excitement. Josh will appreciate a win way more than Paul.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PhoneCop said:

Morphed nothing—we basically saw all this last year, it was just counterbalanced by his wacky side. It's what sank his game to Nicole, however narrowly. But now it's run riot, completely unchecked, especially since Cody's exit. If I absolutely had to give Paul some benefit of the doubt, it's that the advantages he was given early on could've gone to anyone's head, but even so, this is some worst-case scenario, Stanford Prison Experiment shit he's got going on. And it's brought out the ugliest aspects of his closest minions, who, I think we've determined by now, are pretty innately toxic to begin with.

I also think that last year his closest partner was Victor, who was not a cruel person. Actually while the house last year had various unlikable houseguests none of them had the outright cruelty of Alex, Xmas, etc. 

• Love 8

I think TPTB may have turned completely sour on Paul, probably as a result of him ordering his minions to ignore their "twist" and not take any apples. They chose to air Josh's message to Jason without editing out Josh blowing up Paul's spot, and aired Paul's BS immediately afterward. Maybe there will be a chance of them getting in people's ears in the diary room to try and do something to head off the inevitable. Christmas is a lost cause, as is Alex, but they might be able to work on Kevin.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

It's too bad Josh won't think about that and do something but he probably has Stockholm Syndrome at this point. 

I think it's clear Josh wants to do something and knows he needs to, but he realizes that it is truly a lost cause. It's like why should he subject himself to more of Paul's abuse for nothing? Christmas, Alex, and Kevin are too far gone for Josh to do anything now. And he deserves some blame in that since up until last week he was content to let Paul run his game.

Sadly, it just doesn't make sense for Josh's game to cut Paul now. It's better for him to just ride it out and hope Paul takes him so he can get 50k or hope the stars align and he gets the chance to cut Paul at F4 or F3.

But again, I wanna see him try this week for no other reason than I wanna see Paul's game suffer an iota of a problem.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also think that last year his closest partner was Victor, who was not a cruel person. Actually while the house last year had various unlikable houseguests none of them had the outright cruelty of Alex, Xmas, etc. 

Exactly. Somehow I don't see Alex or Christmas giving us this year's equivalent of Baldwin the Eagle's puppet show, costarring James:

I can neither confirm nor deny that a friend and I may still jokingly threaten to put a talon up each other's ass on occasion.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

@TheGapper, live feed discussion pages are at 351 so far this year so that's substantially more than recent seasons. That indicates to me that even though most of us seem to hate this season, we still enjoy the discussion.

I do miss the recaps, but as long as people use ad blockers the site can't make money from paying writers to write them. They're not doing this as charity, after all. 

Anyway, Paul still sucks. I see from Twitter that Josh has entertained the idea of attempting to make a move against him, but I have no faith that will happen.

yes, that's exactly what I was eluding to. Live feed this season is the highest number of pages ever, yet the show seems so lackluster. The players are so wishy washy. I wasn't dogging the people writing on this forum, in fact, I applaud everyone for being able to handle this season with so much finesse. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

Julie is usually very passive but she tore into Raven (well, as much as Julie ever tore into anyone) and essentially asked her why she never tried to play the game. Raven answered, "I think that I played the very best game that I was capable of  playing. Everyone liked me and Paul took really good care of me"  With hindsight, that showed she had no understanding of what was going on in the house.  She was just clueless.  So, in effect, she really did play the very best game she could - even though she played one of the worst games any audience had ever seen. She was a real ZERO. Just like Jill. Very rare to find any contestant who is a complete ZERO. But both Raven and Jill filled that bill this season. ZERO. ZERO. Waste of time and space.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Julie tore into Raven more than anyone else. Even though Julie had a lot less time to ask Raven questions, it was about the same as she tore into the others. This season, Julie has become very active in her questions toward the houseguests. She's really torn into everyone this season, starting with Jillian's lack of campaigning (and, arguably, she tore into Mark the most out of anyone, to the point where Mark made note of it). I think, though, Jillian didn't have enough time to show if she could have become useful. Was she useless week one? Yes, absolutely. She was stupid to not try to campaign...but then again, we saw time and time again, several of the houseguests after her do the exact same thing. People put too much trust in The House that they could never try to campaign. Christmas campaigned week one somewhat, Cody campaigned, and Mark campaigned. That's three houseguests out of eleven who have been evicted who actually campaigned, one who is still in the house. 

So, in that sense, I'd say it's not just Raven who was useless and thought she played a good game. It's several of them that deserve equal criticism for adapting the exact same strategy. 

• Love 1