Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Bidding on Love

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, charming said:

This is now a dating show and it's not very entertaining.

Tinsley jumping up and down and sqeeing like a13 year old at the bowling alley made me embarrassed for her. She's very beautiful and seems smart but until that scene, I didn't realize how silly (and not in a good way) she is. Just chill, girl.

• Love 20

I think they should change the name from "Real Housewives of New York" to "Desperate Menopausal Women Looking for Hook-Ups in New York".  Ramona's desperation at being single and getting older is reeking from her so bad that I could practically smell it through my TV.  Sonja is quietly desperate, and is seriously envious of her younger room mate, Tinsley - who is having fun, but coming off desperate, dating a 23 yr. old.

OTOH - I thought that Dorinda looked stunning at her charity event.  

Also - I've been trying to figure out what is weird about Bethenny's talking heads (with the flat hair and purple top) - her face looks kind of "off-kilter"...and I realized that her face during those talking heads looks like it did when she was pregnant.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did she post the pics before the People article?

If yes, she really is a turd friend to Luanne

Didn't see the article but she posted it around the date of the wedding, it was posted on another site. It was her and Lu in her wedding dress.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, charming said:

she managed to slip in a nugget that her married boyfriend wanted her all during his marriage. Um...perhaps she should refrain from attacking the character of Tom and John? Cause honestly, her choice of mate is no better.

Ya think?

When you look up hypocrite in the dictionary you see Bethenny's photo. She is a vile piece of work.

• Love 20
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Who's Babs?

Ramona really does not know how to grow old gracefully. And Sonja is right behind her. The two of them and Tinsley reminded me of my (way) younger days bar hopping cruising for guys. 

Poor Dorinda, I think all those people were not there for the charity auction but to hook up with whoever. 

Barbara Kavovit, friend to Luanne, at Dorinda's charity event who talked to Carole and spilled some tea on her friend. She tried to block tonight's episode from airing, claiming she did not know the conversation where she spilled the tea was caught on tape

I'm a bit sad for Tinsley.

I think she is still in love with the ex and she wants to make him jealous and needs to self validate.

She made sure that at both Boy-tique and Boylmor she made out with Chad in front of the cameras.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 15
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I think she is still in love with the ex and she wants to make him jealous and needs to self validate.

She made sure that at both Boy-tique and Boylmor she made out with Chad in front of the cameras.

She's just a little baby bird

• Love 6

Tinsley needs to flee Sonja's place (if she's ever really actually stayed there).  Sonja knows Tinsley is prettier & rich....Tinsley is in a no win situation and the preview for next week may be the end of any affection that remained in me for Sonja.  

Im sad Bethenney is apparently not with Dennis anymore.  He seemed to really like her a lot.  

I had no idea about Babs and was caught off guard by that scene of her spilling the beans about Luanne.    I'm sure that Luanne will blame Carole.

• Love 8

Chad pings my dar... anyone else?

I think Bethenney might finally be getting some decent therapy or simply evaluating. She seems to be more genuine with her comments of attrition and making an effort to move past drama instead of fighting all comers.

Ramona is really coming off as more and more pathetic. I long thought she is either a closet alcoholic or never came to terms with being a child of an alcoholic. Now I just think she's bitter and depressed.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I think they should change the name from "Real Housewives of New York" to "Desperate Menopausal Women Looking for Hook-Ups in New York".  Ramona's desperation at being single and getting older is reeking from her so bad that I could practically smell it through my TV.  Sonja is quietly desperate, and is seriously envious of her younger room mate, Tinsley - who is having fun, but coming off desperate, dating a 23 yr. old.

OTOH - I thought that Dorinda looked stunning at her charity event.  

Also - I've been trying to figure out what is weird about Bethenny's talking heads (with the flat hair and purple top) - her face looks kind of "off-kilter"...and I realized that her face during those talking heads looks like it did when she was pregnant.  

Ha!

This has come up before, I think, that Ramona looks bad. I cringe just looking at her. I think we have certain expectations. Our Housewives are mostly attractive. I can't say that's true of Ramona anymore.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

Ya think?

When you look up hypocrite in the dictionary you see Bethenny's photo. She is a vile piece of work.

Isn't she though. She's brittle 24/7. I couldn't be around miss motormouth

She managed to slip in a nugget that her married boyfriend wanted her all during his marriage. Um...perhaps she should refrain from attacking the character of Tom and John? Cause honestly, her choice of mate is no better.

This! Hello Bethenny.I mean pot, meet kettle!

Tinsley, please don't copy Ramona's ideas about flirting. She just looked like she had something in her eye, both of them. So embarrassing.Dorinda looked lovely as usual! 

• Love 9

WTH? Is this really what NY has lowered itself to, the HWs trolling for meat men for most of the episode? I so miss the old days when the HWs were actual housewives with families and lives that were more rounded/happier/fun. ))sigh((

• Love 19

So...Tinsley with the 23 year old.  I have a 23 year old and I'm just all sorts of yuck. 

Beth is talking about women in crisis.  Some of them have never wore high heels before?  Hm.  I don't know about that.  But...what 'she' is going through now after the divorce is 'brutal'.  Oh, and the other  charity chair or whatever says that Beth quietly donated her time to the charity?  Haven't we've been hearing about this since Beth came back to RHNY?

Dennis 'broke' up with his wife.  Yeah, 'he' hasn't divorced her.  And now Beth says his wife was her 'friend'.  Wasn't she saying something different last season?  Like she's only seen her a few times since high school but she and Dennis were friends?

Oh, I give Beth a '4' on her imitation of Ro.

Speaking of Ro....beside trying to 'be' this cool single person who all these guys 'want', she just comes across as sad trying to 'get' Lu.  Ro doesn't care about Lu.  She just wants to bring her down because Ro is so unhappy.  Lu may be making a big mistake but this has nothing to do with caring about her.

Ro, Sonja and Tinsley just all look so pathetic with the competition for a bar pick up.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, Beaner said:

Ha!

This has come up before, I think, that Ramona looks bad. I cringe just looking at her. I think we have certain expectations. Our Housewives are mostly attractive. I can't say that's true of Ramona anymore.

Ramona looks the worst in her THs. She's applying her makeup in a really unflattering way. Her cheekbones look angular. She shouldn't have had any of those procedures done. She was kind of cute before. Now she resembles that cat lady Jocelyn Wildenstein. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Ramona is doing something right. Avery is a nice young lady.

I think Avery is a nice lady despite Ramona.  She sees her mom for what she is. I don't doubt that Ramona loves her kid.  I just think she has serious issues with communication and healthy relationships. For example, demanding that Avery take her coat off in the store.  Seriously?  It is a coat.  Who cares!

1 hour ago, Beaner said:

Ha!

All of the fillers and everything else just isn't good.  She has the overplumped cheeks but she still has all the wrinkles around her eyes which just makes the wrinkles even more noticeable. 

As far as Lu...  I hate that she is marrying someone who is a philanderer but Lu is also a grown woman who knows what she is getting into. The Count also cheated a lot (apparently their marriage was open because I've heard that Lu also cheated) so this is something that she is used to and might not have an issue with.  Some women value the security of marriage over having a faithful partner. It wouldn't work for me but I have different priorities in a marriage. 

• Love 14

I kind of want Ro's friend Kathleen (the older one who didn't marry Tom and was complimentary of Luann) to join the show next year. She seemed interesting to me.

I can't be mad at Tinsley if she knows what she's getting. Sometimes you go out for the night and you're not husband-hunting, you just to find a cute boy to make out with!

Loved Bethenny and Carole whipping up the silent auction. I did an event last year and you'd be surprised what bullying can do at a silent auction or raffle.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Ramona is doing something right. Avery is a nice young lady.

Sadly, I don't think Ramona has anything to do with how Avery has turned out. They very much remind me of my hubby's ex and his daughter. At almost 30 my step daughter, a wonderful young woman,  has acknowledged for years that she has been the adult in her relationship with her mother since my step daughter was about 10. Watching the scene with Avery trying to explain to her mother (and getting it spot on) how she came across to Bethenny reminded me very much of my step daughter's and her mother's relationship - one has all the common sense and maturity in the world, the other none. 

Wow, more stuff about Tom. I was amused that the woman that Ramona had drinks with thought that she was the only one seeing Tom. I wonder how long they had been dating? Because it was another woman that Tom was having dinner with when Lu met him and went home with him the same night. So he had to have been seeing the dinner date as well when he told the other woman that she was his one and only. As always I am completely baffled at what women see in him. He does nothing for me, at all. I do find it amusing that Lu's friend Barbara tried to get an injunction so that Bravo could not air her conversation with Carole. She is having a convo with someone who is on a reality TV show and the event is being taped. Sheesh. 

On another note, I loved that Luann's contribution to the silent auction was for the highest bidder to have drinks with her. Never change, Lu. 

And Bravo, please stop filming Tins dating males that have to be carded. It wasn't amusing when Sonja used to do it, and it isn't amusing now. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 16

BTW, Dennis and Tom had better not stand next to each other at the next cocktail party, or else B may take the wrong doppelgänger home that night

Good thing Dennis wasn't at the wedding...Luanne might have said "I do!" to the wrong guy.

I wonder what Avery will have to say to her mother after seeing all of this

I'm guessing the same thing all the HW's family members say when one of these women do something stupid ("Mom, you banged a pirate???").

Some women value the security of marriage over having a faithful partner

Especially when that security comes with a penthouse with a nice terrace ;)

• Love 14

Sonja flippantly says, oh yes, Milo, we've been seeing other for two years. So does that seeing mean the same as Tom? Because its obvious Sonja's becoming the town bike! 

I'm sad Bethenny is apparently not with Dennis anymore.  He seemed to really like her a lot.  

Especially as he was pining away for her for so very long, and while he was married. ( rolls eyes) BF lives in a world of make believe

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Chad reminds me of Ryan from Million Dollar Listing

He reminded me of actor Josh Helman. In fact, until he was identified as Chad, I thought maybe it was Josh.  Ramona flirting with him was embarrassing. 

Whoever said Tom is a better looking version of Dennis was right.  

• Love 3

Beth is talking about women in crisis.  Some of them have never wore high heels before?  Hm.  I don't know about that.  But...what 'she' is going through now after the divorce is 'brutal'.  Oh, and the other  charity chair or whatever says that Beth quietly donated her time to the charity?  Haven't we've been hearing about this since Beth came back to RHNY?

I had to grimace/smirk at this. Bethanny's idea of brutal, horrible, and incomprehensible is pretty much my regular morning. I read that Bethanny, during the separation, had to live with Jason and it was "indescribable pain and anguish" and she went on to explain how he glared at her constantly and watched her bath her daughter with an evil look in his eye. Girl... that's my husband ALL the time. And we are happy! Good lord. And Bethanny called emotional abuse and took it to judge so she could legally move out. Because she couldn't handle the anguish of being glared at. Oh, another thing she said was Jason would leave the house a wreck and not flush the toilets. Yep, again, my husband and he's not even mad at me!

In any case, I'm sure it's tough going through a divorce and it has to suck. But her stories just are not at all relatable. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Barbara Kavovit, friend to Luanne, at Dorinda's charity event who talked to Carole and spilled some tea on her friend. She tried to block tonight's episode from airing, claiming she did not know the conversation where she spilled the tea was caught on tape

Barbara's a dumbass. She went to a filmed event, signed a release, talked about sensitive subjects to someone who was miked, and assumed that her whispered shade wouldn't be audible. If she's that friendly with LuAnn, she's probably witnessed or discussed the process of removing her mic at the end of filming. There was nothing that indicated that filming had concluded.

Tinsley's problems are that she was more in love with fame and being the 'it girl" than she ever was with Topper and that when she became the "it girl", she had hotter versions of Topper coming at her. So she has monied, connected, attractive guys who love to go out, which Topper didn't love to do, flirting with her nonstop and she took the bait. I don't know what happened with Nico Fanjul, but she kept a really low profile with him and seemed to be mostly fine with being his DL chick. I would hope she isn't trying to make Nico jealous because their relationship imploded in a lot of violent domestic incidents.

• Love 8

If what Barbara said was true, that is really, really sad. Who is more pathetic, Lu or Ramona? Lu would rather be married to a man who makes very little effort to hide his extracurricular activities than be alone? Her friends know and pity her. Argh. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Barbara's a dumbass. She went to a filmed event, signed a release, talked about sensitive subjects to someone who was miked, and assumed that her whispered shade wouldn't be audible. If she's that friendly with LuAnn, she's probably witnessed or discussed the process of removing her mic at the end of filming. There was nothing that indicated that filming had concluded.

I completely agree. This is what Carole had to say about it on Twitter...

"Nope. No phone. We were at an event that was being filmed. Off in corner. My mic was still on & neither of us realized the audio recorded."

The way that TMZ reported it was that Barbara was mad at Carole. That she thought Carole was the one responsible for allowing it to make it to the show. The other thing that was interesting was the ruling by the judge. She didn't use the fact that Barbara had signed a release as the reason the show could go on. The judge said it was the First Amendment that protected Bravo. Just makes me wonder if it is true that all of these folks have to sign a release. If they do, then I am not sure how they could ever go back and say boo about it later. Anyone know for sure? 

• Love 7

I thought this was a fun episode. Not too much fighting, lots of stuff to snark on. 

Ramona delivers, as always. It's pretty sad when your 20-something daughter has to educate you on how to navigate tensions within your social group. Avery picked right up on how Ramona's whole, "do you talk to your girlfriends?" was a passive aggressive insult. She knows her mother too well. What did she say, "side attack?" Or was it, "Sniper from the side?" Bahahaha! 

Then she's out ordering drinks like she's the Sally Albright of the UES, and trying to foist her hapless dating techniques onto younger women. "I'm always smiling" - yea, like a deranged escapee from the nearest insane asylum. Notice who got a kiss that night and who didn't. 

Speaking of, Tinsley looked like she was trying recreate her prep school days with that dude. Right down to the name. Chad. Chaaaaad, darling. 

But back to Ramona, then when she met up for drinks with her non-show friends, it was quite clear (to me) that this was set up to get more Tom-trashing on TV. Without it looking like it was HER fault. She doesn't fool me for one second. THIS is why you're not invited to the wedding. '

And it looks like next week they're all going to be dragging this crap back up. Sigh. Look, I think Tom is probably a real cad. I have no doubt he's been two-timing, maybe twelve-timing, LuAnn. But I think she knows it too. And I don't think she cares. She wants that life, so let it be. FOR GOD'S SAKE LET IT BE. All of you. 

Sonja is being a real B this season. Did she really invite Tinsley to live there or did the show insist on it? Because she does nothing but complain. Anything that goes wrong in the house is Tinsley's fault. And when they're out at the same social function, Sonja has to make it clear they didn't come together. Tinsley can't even walk about the group without Sonja insisting, "There's nothing here for you!" What is UP with her? I'd be moving out STAT. She sucks as a hostess anyhow. "No, I don't have any sweetener, just steal some". 

I hope Dorinda finally got some good bids at her auction. Watching B convince people was pretty funny. But did I seriously see Carole's books set up at one of the auction tables? You can buy those things on Amazon for like $10. Maybe they were signed. 

• Love 17

Did we really need Carole's TH telling us how poor Bethenny is going through hell with her divorce? Why is she speaking for Bethenny so much this season? Get a life, Carole and go back to climbing rocks. 

• Love 13

I said it last week: LuAnn is an insecure woman who so craves male attention that she pins her happiness on it. She knows she's marrying a guy who will not ever stop stepping out on her. However, all that matters is that she has a ring (any ring will do!) and that she'll get to wear a white wedding dress and walk down the aisle. 

Ramona is still an asshole. She's not a "girl's girl," either. First and foremost, she views other women as competition, hence still going on about LuAnn and Tom (and befriending Tom's ex) as well as bolting to talk to Milosz when all the other women were cooing that he was definitely Sonja's type. 

I don't like women like Ramona.

• Love 22
(edited)
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Did we really need Carole's TH telling us how poor Bethenny is going through hell with her divorce? Why is she speaking for Bethenny so much this season? Get a life, Carole and go back to climbing rocks. 

That is pretty much how the TH's work, and always have worked. Beth has TH's where she talks about Carole and Adam. Sonja has TH's where she talks about Tinsley and what Sonja thinks she is going through or feeling. They all have TH's where they give their insight and opinion about what others are doing or going through. Actually, that is what most of the TH's are about. Sometimes they are just snarky, bitchy, or judgmental, so maybe folks don't notice or don't care. Carole's TH interviews about Beth tend to be about one friend supporting another, which since we see almost never on this show, might seem strange. 

ETA: Also, remember that the TH interviews are always in response to the producer questions. Apparently they come at them with a book of hundreds of questions relating to what was filmed and the girls answer. Apparently Carole got questions about Beth. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 23
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I think Avery is a nice lady despite Ramona.  She sees her mom for what she is. I don't doubt that Ramona loves her kid.  I just think she has serious issues with communication and healthy relationships. For example, demanding that Avery take her coat off in the store.  Seriously?  It is a coat.  Who cares!

I agree. Sometimes kids turn out just like their parents. And sometimes they make an effort to do everything to NOT become their parents. And, yes, the coat thing was so ridiculous. Avery is an adult now. 

• Love 20
(edited)
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ramona looks the worst in her THs. She's applying her makeup in a really unflattering way.

There was a scene where it looks like the brown eyeshadow in her crease was heavily stenciled on.  Blend it, girl - it's supposed to look like a natural shadow. Common mistake but don't these women have professional make up artists working on them?

8 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

As far as Lu...  I hate that she is marrying someone who is a philanderer but Lu is also a grown woman who knows what she is getting into. The Count also cheated a lot (apparently their marriage was open because I've heard that Lu also cheated) so this is something that she is used to and might not have an issue with.  Some women value the security of marriage over having a faithful partner. It wouldn't work for me but I have different priorities in a marriage. 

I agree.  The bold is what I think is happening here.  Also, we know that the DeLesseps marriage was open, not only because Lu allegedly cheated, but because she told us so on the pontoon after the sand bar.  That was a sad revelation but one I wasn't surprised about at all.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She doesn't even do that well, rocks that is.( sigh)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The other thing that was interesting was the ruling by the judge. She didn't use the fact that Barbara had signed a release as the reason the show could go on. The judge said it was the First Amendment that protected Bravo. Just makes me wonder if it is true that all of these folks have to sign a release. If they do, then I am not sure how they could ever go back and say boo about it later. Anyone know for sure? 

Yesterday, before this aired and we were talking on First Looks about it, my first thought was, she probably didn't sign a release and didn't realize that she was being recorded because the cameras weren't filming Carole and Barbara, at that moment.  I mean, why else would she think a lawsuit would be successful?

Well, after seeing the epi, we know the cameras weren't filming them at that moment so I can see why she might've felt more free about being catty.  Also, maybe she'd had some drinks that loosened her tongue and made her forget, in the moment, that Carole was mic'd.  But I would hope that if she DID sign a release, that she would be protected.  But now I'm not sure if that's true or not either.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Yesterday, before this aired and we were talking on First Looks about it, my first thought was, she probably didn't sign a release and didn't realize that she was being recorded because the cameras weren't filming Carole and Barbara, at that moment.  I mean, why else would she think a lawsuit would be successful?

Well, after seeing the epi, we know the cameras weren't filming them at that moment so I can see why she might've felt more free about being catty.  Also, maybe she'd had some drinks that loosened her tongue and made her forget, in the moment, that Carole was mic'd.  But I would hope that if she DID sign a release, that she would be protected.  But now I'm not sure if that's true or not either.

From what I gathered/read, this woman tried to claim that Carole used her cell phone to record their conversation when in fact Carole still had her mic on.  She knew they were still filming/recording because she asked Carole to go over to a quiet more private area in the same room. And why would Luann's real life friend confide in Carole, it's not as if Carole and Luann are good friends and/or that Carole could talk some sense into Luann. Also, this woman told Carole she "heard" that Tom was still catting around, she did not say she "saw/knew" he was doing it first hand/herself. LOL

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And why would Luann's real life friend confide in Carole, it's not as if Carole and Luann are good friends and/or that Carole could talk some sense into Luann. Also, this woman told Carole she "heard" that Tom was still catting around, she did not say she "saw/knew" he was doing it first hand/herself. LOL

Because she's not Lu's friend. 

I don't think any of these women, in the cast or on the periphery, are the kind of gals that would really have your back or be true friends.  I left NYC because I felt it was too competitive and fast paced for me, in the long run.  Great when I was in my 20s but I experienced enough of the Ramonas and Luanns (and Toms, truth be told) to know that's not who I wanted to be around or end up like.  It was my own fault for hanging in that type of circle (although mine wasn't nearly as fabulous) but it was fun.  These ladies just didn't know when it was time to get off the merry-go-round and find the authentic people that are in NYC.  I got too burned out on people like Barbara and Carole and hightailed it back to Michigan.  Where there are still catty, inauthentic people but we are separated by white picket fences and shopping malls.

• Love 11

Lu looks happy to me, she's surrounded by misery personified.

Sometimes, ignorance/denial/looking the other way/etc really is bliss.

• Love 11