Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Bidding on Love

• Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, KungFuBunny said:

This scene made me giggle too.

Barbara is a complete turd. In this video you can clearly see the backs of the HW's mic packs. ( I wonder if any "outfits" have been ruined) She didn't see Carole pull off the mic, and if she believed it was turned off - how did she think Carole did that without a remote control of some kind, telekinesis?

I really don't like Sonya's look in her THs, but I am not sure why. Hair color maybe? Makeup? Combo?

(edited)
21 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Trooper, I apologize in advance, I know you meant this in a very very specific context, but whenever I see a comment that paints straight white men as a discriminated group, I can't help but:

conan-rofl.gif

and

tenor.gif

No, but for real, I'm sorry, it's my knee jerk.  I know you only meant on Housewives.   Lemme get to that.  Lol~

I don't know if this coincides with what the hws said about them or simply what the viewers observed but it would be easier to root for them if we were talking about dudes whose behavior was just garden variety nice guyish. 

Simon.  Inflatable backyard pool and summers in *sin* Barth's - affectatious poseur.  But let's be honest, it's never gonna go well for a man who loves picking out his wife's clothes more than she does.

Mario.  Down-low lifelong pussyhound interested in every woman except Ramona.  Allegedly.

Adam.  I haven't heard them say anything but nice things about Adam. 

Jacques.  Same.

Jonathan.  Unilaterally praised by anyone who commented about him, here and on the show, which is a mighty accomplishment considering how tough a crowd we are.

Josh.  Condescending prick who contributed to his wife's self doubt (but only the viewers knew that).  Oh andplusalso? Ashley Madison subscription.  

Harry Dubin.  Down to coming to a party to be with one woman, then leaving with Lu, he is an older version of Tom, minus the matrimony.

Aviva's poor sap of a husband.   Any man who chose to marry Aviva is bound to inspire, at a minimum, curious scrutiny.  

Her father George.  Oversexualized inappropriate conduct in nearly every setting we saw him in.  

Michael (member Jules' husband yall?)  I don't think they tore him down but I wouldn't mind if they had. 

Jason.   My recall may be murky but the only person who said something about Jason was Jill.  Which, a) consider the source and b) her yardstick was her husband <-- not shade, I mean she thought Jason wasn't on Beth's level financially.

John.  I don't know if his crime is any more serious than those of the other gentlemen but if so, I don't think their dislike of him has anything to do with geographic snobbery.  Many of the other men came from non-manhattan zipcodes.   What he has in common with husbands across the franchise who've been criticized is that his personality is loud and he's too involved in *women bidness*.  Simon, Mario, Brooks, Slade (OC), Peter (ATL) - busy.  They don't like it.  Tom and his refusal to engage might do ok in this group lol.  To your point, the women judging him are not exactly in a position to, but this is their show.

LMAO!!!  I think B said it during the episode but I just heard it.  All Sonja needs to do is schtup a guy named Richard and the trinity is complete. 

giphy.gif

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

LMAO!!!  I think B said it during the episode but I just heard it.  All Sonja needs to do is schtup a guy named Richard and the trinity is complete. 

Maybe the Pirate's real name is Dick/Richard.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I remember that scene as George talking about squirting, and that Carole's reaction was very much, vom.  Up until then, she was cheerfully going along to get along, I think. 

The dry heaves started for me before talk about the squirting O. When Carole was all cozied up to George, giggling and batting her eyes and asking if he'd had sex with himself that morning.  She was acting like Tinsley on her date with Chad.  Only it was with George.  Aviva's dad, George.  Not Clooney.  

That's the part I remember the most:  The question she asked him and the way she was practically tucked up under his arm and batting her eyes as she asked it.

Maybe she WAS going along to get along, but pass the bucket.

TBH I don't remember if Carole was appalled at the horny old fart's joke about giving her a squirting orgasm.  I remember Mario laughing so hard he spit wine all over himself, though. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, BBHN said:

John's douchebaggery has nothing to do with geography.

I agree with this.  But I believe the ladies (as do most snobby Manhattanites) look down on anyone who doesn't live in the city proper.  John can be a douchebag but he's got the added bonus of being not living in the right area code.

Can anyone from NYC confirm if this is still so?  Brooklyn has come a long way since I lived in NYC so maybe the Bridge and Tunnel crowd isn't as second tier as it was 20 years ago.

I agree with this.  But I believe the ladies (as do most snobby Manhattanites) look down on anyone who doesn't live in the city proper.  John can be a douchebag but he's got the added bonus of being not living in the right area code.

Except we haven't seen any of them looking down on him (as they did with Alex and Simon) per se. They just think he is an obnoxious asshole.

Well Pirate Dick was shared by Luanne/Sonja, does that count?

The Judges will allow it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I agree, Mario does deserve credit with the raising of Avery. However, i don't agree with his cheating. He had the option to just leave. 

Well, according to Ramona's brother, she cheated on Mario (a number of times) before he did her! LOL

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Adam.  I haven't heard them say anything but nice things about Adam. 

Jacques.  Same.

I think Moaner tore into Jacques a bit.  She thought he tried to fool her in the blind taste test of MoanerPinotGrigiot.  Or something.  When Lu was involved with Jacques and singing with Natalie Cole (RIP), the show had jumped the shark for me so the deets are sketchy.

3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Except we haven't seen any of them looking down on him (as they did with Alex and Simon) per se. They just think he is an obnoxious asshole.

Until we look into their heads, we really can't know for sure what they think.  All speculation, all the time. That's all we do, here.  I've seen a few of them express disdain for the boroughs, so for me, it's not a stretch to think they judge him for that. 

Until one of them is dating guy that lives in Queens or the Bronx, I'm going with that.

• Love 1

Until we look into their heads, we really can't know for sure what they think.  All speculation, all the time. That's all we do, here.  I've seen a few of them express disdain for the boroughs, so for me, it's not a stretch to think they judge him for that. 

Until one of them is dating guy that lives in Queens or the Bronx, I'm going with that.

Well, we can use that excuse of not being able to see inside someone's head to justify or explain away everything that is said and done on these types of shows...it doesn't hold much water for me.

Haven't seen any of them expressing their dislike for John as a result of where he lives...as opposed to when we did see many of the other women snarking occasionally on Alex and Simon for living in Brooklyn. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think Moaner tore into Jacques a bit.  She thought he tried to fool her in the blind taste test of MoanerPinotGrigiot.  Or something.  When Lu was involved with Jacques and singing with Natalie Cole (RIP), the show had jumped the shark for me so the deets are sketchy.

Well, Ramona did look down on Alex/Simon because they lived in Brooklyn, she was rather vocal about it a few times, and I really doubt she has changed her mind about that. LOL

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Well, we can use that excuse of not being able to see inside someone's head to justify or explain away everything that is said and done on these types of shows

4bd2f11435535ae2cf61e9825fb0275e_a-fun-a

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Well, we can use that excuse of not being able to see inside someone's head to justify or explain away everything that is said and done on these types of shows...it doesn't hold much water for me.

Haven't seen any of them expressing their dislike for John as a result of where he lives...as opposed to when we did see many of the other women snarking occasionally on Alex and Simon for living in Brooklyn. 

NYC has 5 boroughs and everyone thinks their borough is the best. Most think that their neighborhood in a specific borough is the best.

Ramona and the other HW's, I really don't think it's snobbery but where they are most comfortable and what is familiar. When Big Ang was alive I just can't picture the ladies hopping on the ferry to go to Staten Island's Monkey Bar. 

As for John, he's just a disgusting pig and should be renamed the Sultan Taint. I don't remember any of the HW's talking about his neighborhood or home, we've never seen in - he's always shown trying to mooch a sleepover at Dorinda's. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

And see this is what I don't understand. We let our parents believe the crazy shit they hear on Fox. We tolerate disgusting biases from friends and family, but letting a woman love on her partner is the problem. SMDH

Still not understanding the outrage. Is there some sort of apocalypse approaching the entire UES if Lu's happiness isn't genuine? I believe it is but apparently if it's alleged happiness and not authentic the Gods will part the skies and reek unmentionable pain and suffering to that entire sector of Manhattan.

That's the only way I can understand why these women, cast mates and ex's alike are so invested in determining whether this woman's declarations of bliss are accurate or even plausible.

LOL.

• Love 5

As for John, he's just a disgusting pig and should be renamed the Sultan Taint. I don't remember any of the HW's talking about his neighborhood or home, we've never seen in - he's always shown trying to mooch a sleepover at Dorinda's. 

Plus, given how much we've seen Ramona, Jill, Luann, etc, look down on Alex and Simon for where they lived, I doubt any of this crew would be silent about where John lives if they felt that way...

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, Ramona did look down on Alex/Simon because they lived in Brooklyn, she was rather vocal about it a few times, and I really doubt she has changed her mind about that. LOL

Same goes for her.

• Love 1
(edited)

He was dreamy, that one. 

19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Remember the time Beth went to Johan's birthday and stayed in the house assembling a toy.  She gazed out at the neighbors gathered and said how she didn't have anything in common with 'these people'.  I can't see Beth dating anyone that didn't live in the city either.  Not even if he lived in Brooklyn. 

Edited to add @ZaldamoWilder:  Good question about if John lives in the city or not.  It's been thrown around here so often that he's from a borough, it's become truth.  Speculation, nothing to see here, folks. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Are we even sure he doesn't live in Manhattan?  His business is on the UES and from what I understand it has been for years, it would just make more sense if he were nearby.   Did one of them refer to him as an outer-borough kind of guy and it just stuck?  

Hell even in Manhattan there are a few different area codes now.  If you're a 212 or 917, you're officially old school.  The 646s and 323s are ::looksoverreadingglasses:: new money, darling.

Oh man this doesn't sound familiar at all.   But I rest in the comfort of 1) Ramona and 2) pranking Ramona.   I loved this time in the show.  I've spent the seasons since sideyeing Carole for acting a damn fool and passing up the dude Lu and Jacques set her up with because at 54, he seemed sooooo old (she was 49 at the time) - meanwhile ya'll, he looked like this:

21-real-housewives-of-new-york5.w529.h35

Unless he had dragon breath, she stupid as hell.

Yes, Dorinda has mentioned it several times but I don't remember which Boro it is. LOL

• Love 1

She gazed out at the neighbors gathered and said how she didn't have anything in common with 'these people'.  I can't see Beth dating anyone that didn't live in the city either

She was referring to the fact that she was the only single, childless person there at the time, not because of the location. Being unattached without kids at a kid's birthday party can be tough, especially if you aren't a relative.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Dorinda has mentioned it several times but I don't remember which Boro it is. LOL

The Google says he was raised in Queens (which does sound super familiar because I remember likening him to Doug Heffernan) but oddly leaves out where he is now.  I mean if he's going to check on the business everyday and be physically present, Queens to the mainland is hella inconvenient in terms of time and distance.  Shit, now I'm mildly obsessed with finding this out.   I'm giggling.  Long Island is probably the only non Manhattan approved territory they don't look down upon, because, Hamptons.  And it's in the borough of Queens.   They're legit zip code snobs but I still don't think that's what it's about with John.  He's got a bit of physical boundary problem too.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, BBHN said:

She was referring to the fact that she was the only single, childless person there at the time, not because of the location. Being unattached without kids at a kid's birthday party can be tough, especially if you aren't a relative.

My mileage varies.

John's Facebook page says he lives in New York, NY.  Speaking of his FB page...it almost makes him seem normal and nice. There are pictures of him and Hannah, looking comfy and cozy together.  Looks like she's come around.

https://www.facebook.com/jmahdessian

5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

He's got a bit of physical boundary problem too.

Without a doubt. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The Google says he was raised in Queens (which does sound super familiar because I remember likening him to Doug Heffernan) but oddly leaves out where he is now.  I mean if he's going to check on the business everyday and be physically present, Queens to the mainland is hella inconvenient in terms of time and distance.  Shit, now I'm mildly obsessed with finding this out.   I'm giggling.  Long Island is probably the only non Manhattan approved territory they don't look down upon, because, Hamptons.  And it's in the borough of Queens.   They're legit zip code snobs but I still don't think that's what it's about with John.  He's got a bit of physical boundary problem too.

John -  “You wanna slice you wanna dice you wanna dance?”  I have to find a way to use that line someday.     

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

John -  “You wanna slice you wanna dice you wanna dance?”  I have to find a way to use that line someday.     

LMAO!!!  Girl, it's gonna involve a bridge, a tunnel or a Ray's Pizza.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
well brides and tunnels doesn't make any sense
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

That's it, Queens! He still lives in Queens according to Dorinda and I always got the impression that she didn't like it that he lived there. She is an UES snob herself.

• Love 4
(edited)

Warning:  John's Facebook page is a rabbit hole.  Gorgeous summer pics of Dorinda's place in the Berks.  I don't think we've seen it in the summer. The pool area is sublime. 

ETA:  Omygod.  They're just like us. LOL Mr. Ryebread and I were Fred and Wilma a couple years ago. https://www.instagram.com/p/9grP4kiyLH/?taken-by=johnmahdessian

John is doing well to stay off this show and only appear occasionally like he did in this episode.  Or...he needs to stop drinking and using words like 'moist' and highlight his travels, his parents, his puppies.  He and Dorinda could have their own show.  

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That's it, Queens! He still lives in Queens according to Dorinda and I always got the impression that she didn't like it that he lived there. She is an UES snob herself.

I'm not an UES snob and I've stopped dating men who lived in Queens.  In terms of ease getting to and around it, it is the borough that's furthest from any other part of ny and/or nj.    Lemme put it this way if it helps, if I were travelling from home to reach any of the other 4 boroughs, I'd have to cross either one bridge or one tunnel.  To get to Queens, I'd have to cross 2.   Sheeeiiiit, I'm not mad at Dorinda, ain't nobody going out there, that's a $50 Uber.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm not an UES snob and I've stopped dating men who lived in Queens.  In terms of ease getting to and around it, it is the borough that's furthest from any other part of ny and/or nj.    Lemme put it this way if it helps, if I were travelling from home to reach any of the other 4 boroughs, I'd have to cross either one bridge or one tunnel.  To get to Queens, I'd have to cross 2.   Sheeeiiiit, I'm not mad at Dorinda, ain't nobody going out there, that's a $50 Uber.

I don't think she goes to his place all that much, he goes to hers. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well, I didn't wanna admit it but since YOU did, ha! - when I lived in the city I didn't date anyone from the boroughs either.  Not because I was a snob but for exactly the reason you mentioned.  To get to a borough, especially after the clubs closed at 4 a.m. it was either take the subways at that ungodly hour, or pay for one expensive taxi ride.  IF you could even get a taxi driver to take you off the island.  Even taxi drivers have a prejudice against B&T people.  And taking someone back to my apartment on the UWS was a no-no.  I lived with 3 others in a one bedroom apartment so...nope.  We had rules.

If you live, work, and party in the city, dating someone in the boroughs is just geographically difficult. 

Anybody wanna see what John looked like as a young man? Go to Dorinda's thread here:  http://forums.previously.tv/topic/22943-dorinda-medley-berkshires-chic/?page=5#comment-3248230

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

The dry heaves started for me before talk about the squirting O. When Carole was all cozied up to George, giggling and batting her eyes and asking if he'd had sex with himself that morning.  She was acting like Tinsley on her date with Chad.  Only it was with George.  Aviva's dad, George.  Not Clooney.  

That's the part I remember the most:  The question she asked him and the way she was practically tucked up under his arm and batting her eyes as she asked it.

Maybe she WAS going along to get along, but pass the bucket.

TBH I don't remember if Carole was appalled at the horny old fart's joke about giving her a squirting orgasm.  I remember Mario laughing so hard he spit wine all over himself, though. 

I remember it as Carole laughed like it was the most hilarious thing.  And she still treated him with respect after that.  Maybe it was because she perceived him as the successful old codger accessory who makes crazy statements or she was still in with Aviva.  

What's interesting to me was that Sonja was the only one to be offended by this fucking jerk and they all seemed to poo poo the whole thing.  Ramona seemed to love him when he was commenting on her body and then turned on him after the Aviva St. Barts showdown.  I also remember him getting handsy with Kristen and she was much less offended by George than she was about John  Maybe it's an age thing where they act like he's relatively harmless and some cute dirty old man.  There was nothing remotely cute about him, the comments he made, or his molesting of women on that show.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Can anyone from NYC confirm if this is still so?  Brooklyn has come a long way since I lived in NYC so maybe the Bridge and Tunnel crowd isn't as second tier as it was 20 years ago.

I have lived in Brooklyn my entire life. Before it was cool. Now many neighborhoods have been infested with hipsters. Bushwick, Bed Stuy and East New York have affordable apartments and hipsters move in and push out the original residents. So the disdain that Ramona had for Simon and Alex is so 2006. I could even see Bethenny getting a Williamsburg flat to flip.

There is no poster that I respect more than ZaldamoWilder and some of what she says is right on the money. The husbands that engage get eviscerated even when they are senile old men like Ken from Beverly Hills. I stand corrected that it is only straight white men who get savaged. Peter and Todd on Atlanta also spring to mind. I didn't think of them because I stop watching that show three years ago.

It is true that Queens is particularly looked down on UES types like the Housewives. Second only to Staten Island as places that the elite look at as disgusting places filled with disgusting people. You see they only pay lip service to diversity. They wouldn't know it if it bit them in the ass. They are without exception phony elitist assholes.

The shame of it is that the Real Housewives of New York could be a great show it they actually showed the people who live in New York. Not the tiny slice of over privileged elitists that are on our screen. John could be the most elegant and refined gentlemen in the world and he would still be scorned because he is from Queens. Not part of the social register. Not from the typical prep school. He is too ethnic. Too straight. Too Queens.

Finally how is that so many of these guys get thrashed? Are they are all so horrible? In show after show it is a man bashing festival. There are a lot of assholes out there that's for sure. But aren't there any good guys? 

Not on Bravo.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I remember it as Carole laughed like it was the most hilarious thing.  And she still treated him with respect after that.  Maybe it was because she perceived him as the successful old codger accessory who makes crazy statements or she was still in with Aviva.  

What's interesting to me was that Sonja was the only one to be offended by this fucking jerk and they all seemed to poo poo the whole thing.

Wish I could find the scene but I wouldn't even know where to start looking.  George was the worst.  But he did get a pass from the HWs.  Not from us but definitely from the cast members up to a point.  It was probably due to his age or maybe things weren't quite as PC as they are now.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Just remember if Dorinda is in the vicinity and hears slice and dice, she'll yell at you to back it up. Stop being coy. If you don't wanna sandwich don't make a sandwich

55 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

LMAO!!!  Girl, it's gonna involve a bridge, a tunnel or a Ray's Pizza.

Sonja's?

Quick, go get your EZ Smash!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Trooper, I apologize in advance, I know you meant this in a very very specific context, but whenever I see a comment that paints straight white men as a discriminated group, I can't help but:

conan-rofl.gif

Preach it. Because they just have it so damned hard. 

Total off topic: Zaldamowilder - I just live for your posts. You are one that swings over here and just makes the forum better. You slay every damn time. But when one of your posts contain that awesome cut of Prince that you insert at just the right time...I weep with happiness. It's like having all my Christmases come at the same time. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

But aren't there any good guys? 

Not on Bravo.

Funny thing is, look at John's social media and he comes off as a really nice guy.  Close to his parents, has tons of friends who adore him, is a philanthropist, animal lover, runs a SUPER successful business.  Sure it's social media and could be all fake but it sure doesn't look like it to me.  He seems like he's living a great, generous life with many loves in it.   I'm not doubting he can be a dirtbag on occasion.  But I'm kind of agreeing with you, now, about Bravo only showing the very worst of him.  Not that it doesn't deserve to be shown - like Kristen's husband - he was a true turd, imo, and Bravo didn't hesitate to highlight that. Fine by me because I don't think his social media could change my mind about him, at all.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I don't blame Dorinda for not going out to Queens either, not because of the distance but because he's gonna want sex. That's a good enough deterrent for me.

• Love 7

@Trooper York  Awwww, thanks man! {{curtsy}} - glad my shade didn't set you back ;)

22 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

The shame of it is that the Real Housewives of New York could be a great show it they actually showed the people who live in New York. Not the tiny slice of over privileged elitists that are on our screen. John could be the most elegant and refined gentlemen in the world and he would still be scorned because he is from Queens. Not part of the social register. Not from the typical prep school. He is too ethnic. Too straight. Too Queens.

With you on diversity, it would be really nice to see them do stuff in other boroughs.  The real estate porn fan in me would love to see them see what they're passing up for the same money, like 20 minutes further away.

mmmmmm too ethnic.  I'm trying, but I can't.  Michael was ethnic, I'm sure there've been other men but nobody's springing to mind.  It almost makes me sad to say because I hate to see him singled out, but the guy just doesn't fit.  He's handsy and sexual and a close talker and sweats, a lot.  I mean he also looks like a bunch of fun and is pretty easy going, will take his lumps if he deserves em and can wrangle a drunken Dorinda, so he has his plusses.  But if too Queens means he's unpolished then I have to agree with you and I have to agree with them, but not because of geography. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Astoria is becoming very popular.  And most people there take the subway, it's easy.  Of course the UES women of a certain age have probably never set foot on a subway.  The UES is practically the suburbs it's so boring.  

8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Can people get a lifetime pass?

Well if you believe Sonja, Tom had one for 10 years and I suspect she'd allow him to pass the tunnel if he asked.

Speaking of Sonja - one of the scenes in her townhouse I saw a picture - it was the portrait by Brian the artist, Sonya's first season boy toy. She's sitting like a frog on a lily pad. I wonder what happenned to Brian

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't blame Dorinda for not going out to Queens either, not because of the distance but because he's gonna want sex. That's a good enough deterrent for me.

Does this mean you're not a "Chubby Chaser"? 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Does this mean you're not a "Chubby Chaser"? 

Nope I'm a runner as in I run away from a Grubby Sleazy Douchebag.

There's a show called the Shahs Of Sunset. In season one, there was a guy named Sammy who sprayed a half bottle of cologne down his underwear. This is something I can see John MeDoucheian doing.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Wish I could find the scene but I wouldn't even know where to start looking.  George was the worst.  But he did get a pass from the HWs.  Not from us but definitely from the cast members up to a point.  It was probably due to his age or maybe things weren't quite as PC as they are now.

Yep, they absolutely gave him a pass in the beginning. Probably age, and probably the fact that at the time they liked Aviva and he was her father and in her home. These chicks aren't usually known for being polite, but they went along with the crazy that night. I cut them all some slack for this. Who has ever encountered a person that says these things before? I am not sure they knew what to make of it in the beginning. And aged folks do get treated with deference in our society when it comes to spewing crazy shit. I've watched people do it with my crazy grandma when she started saying some of her crazy, uninformed racist shit. People who would normally be offended reacted differently because they simply couldn't believe what she was saying and it was so crazy you didn't even know where to begin. She is so old they would say, so why even bother? Even I on occasion was guilty of this, which shames me, and usually I walk away from a racist as quickly as Donald Trump walks away from a not so attractive woman. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Nope I'm a runner as in I run away from a Grubby Sleazy Douchebag.

There's a show called the Shahs Of Sunset. In season one, there was a guy named Sammy who sprayed a half bottle of cologne down his underwear. This is something I can see John MeDoucheian doing.

OMG!!! Noooooooooooo! LOL!!!

I can just picture you running away like Beth did at the BBQ. LOL! 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Funny thing is, look at John's social media and he comes off as a really nice guy.  Close to his parents, has tons of friends who adore him, is a philanthropist, animal lover, runs a SUPER successful business.  Sure it's social media and could be all fake but it sure doesn't look like it to me.  He seems like he's living a great, generous life with many loves in it.   I'm not doubting he can be a dirtbag on occasion.  But I'm kind of agreeing with you, now, about Bravo only showing the very worst of him.  Not that it doesn't deserve to be shown - like Kristen's husband - he was a true turd, imo, and Bravo didn't hesitate to highlight that. Fine by me because I don't think his social media could change my mind about him, at all.

He may be a nice guy...he did give the homeless guy money ($5.00) on the way into the restaurant.................and then stuck Dorinda with the dinner tab.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, snarts said:

This x1000.  Thank you! People marry for so many different reasons.  Why does Luann have to conform to what you think are the right ones?  

Haven't seen her do that at all.  She's not tried to sell anyone on Tom.  She doesn't talk about him even a fraction of the time Carole talks about Adam.  She's not forcing anyone to attend the wedding.  She's merely stated that she's happy and she wishes her friends co-workers would respect that or shut the fuck up.

It could be colored by how I already see Lu.  Sell may be a bit much.   But the way I perceive Luann made me conscious of how she was framing that happiness.  In other words she didn't miss the opportunity to hype things about him that were (supposed to be enviable) trappings of wealth.   Which by itself, is certainly no crime but it's what I meant by getting us all to look at his gleaming crown.  She made Tom sound like the kind of guy they should all be jealous that she got.  He chartered a dated boat for their engagement party (we got the yacht! we got the yacht!).  He lives in a Manhattan hi-rise, which in Lu's mouth is not just an apartment, it's the penthouse.  Ugh, it iiisss the penthouse, I'm saying she needn'tve specified.  So if and when you go to the trouble of nah nah nah nah nah'ing a bunch of women about the great guy you got, that p.s. passed them up, you can a) guarantee that this is not a group who will rejoice in your "win" and b) start the countdown clock to the moment your *catch* gives them a reason to nah nah nah nah nah your ass back.   That's how schadenfreude works. 

21 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Now how he transitions into monogamy

1414708918830.gif

apologies to have gone back in time, but I've been laughing at that since this morning lol.

• Love 13
(edited)

Lordie he is going to need all the help he can get. Be strong, Luann! Make sure he gets all the help and support he needs for this most difficult and challenging of transitions.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4