Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Bidding on Love

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I'm still reading page 2 but didn't want to forget to mention, my take on Bethany's explanation is that she met him while he was dating her friend but married someone else. 

The thing that was the most interesting about Beth talking about Dennis was how accurately it appears it was portrayed in the press - to a point. The story was that Beth went to High School with this girl and they were friends. The friend met and married Dennis very young - early 20's I believe. She and Beth didn't stay in contact over the years, except I believe Beth said on a couple of occasions. Beth did see Dennis in a business environment over the years. It was never clear what the business contacts were. They have both written books, so they could have had a publisher in common, or maybe a PR person, etc. She said at the time (we were witness to the conversation last season in the first few episodes when she talked about him) that they had been at dinner with a group, then hung out together for drinks after and talked all night and she was shocked to feel a connection because she had known him for a long time and hadn't ever given him a romantic thought. It was reported in the press at the time that he had had thought Beth awesome for a long time, but she didn't know it. Apparently others close to him did know it and weren't surprised that he made a move after he and his wife seperated. It sounds like the part that the press got wrong at the time was that they were calling this gal Beth's BFF and saying that she basically stole Dennis away from the wife. The wife has never talked, so we don't know her side of the story, and the fact that they still haven't filed for divorce leads to all kinds of speculation. Of course there could be a lot of reasons that they haven't filed yet, and for all we know the marriage had been rocky for a long time and she was as interested as Dennis was in moving on. Sounds like a very successful guy. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=32677835&privcapId=183025473

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Hell even in Manhattan there are a few different area codes now.  If you're a 212 or 917, you're officially old school.  The 646s and 323s are ::looksoverreadingglasses:: new money, darling.

Oh man this doesn't sound familiar at all.   But I rest in the comfort of 1) Ramona and 2) pranking Ramona.   I loved this time in the show.  I've spent the seasons since sideyeing Carole for acting a damn fool and passing up the dude Lu and Jacques set her up with because at 54, he seemed sooooo old (she was 49 at the time) - meanwhile ya'll, he looked like this:

21-real-housewives-of-new-york5.w529.h35

Unless he had dragon breath, she stupid as hell.

I feel like Carole had a scene where she complained about changing her number so she wouldn't lose her 212 area code. Maybe it was on SITC and Carrie. Or both? 

That man is smoking hot! Probably  pretty interesting conversation and social circle wise and with a good career going. Also irony Carole dismissed him as being "too old" her face has more lines and is more drawn than his. Checketh thyself. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I feel like Carole had a scene where she complained about changing her number so she wouldn't lose her 212 area code. Maybe it was on SITC and Carrie. Or both? 

That man is smoking hot! Probably  pretty interesting conversation and social circle wise and with a good career going. Also irony Carole dismissed him as being "too old" her face has more lines and is more drawn than his. Checketh thyself. 

He was so smoking hot! Maybe she thought he must have a screw loose. Remember, he had also dated Ramona at one time. If memory serves, Ramona said he had been in love with her and wanted to get married (pre Mario). 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

He was so smoking hot! Maybe she thought he must have a screw loose. Remember, he had also dated Ramona at one time. If memory serves, Ramona said he had been in love with her and wanted to get married (pre Mario). 

Well that would give me pause too lol. 

• Love 16
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Sex & The City - the first movie. Carrie got a new phone and  her assistant told her about the new area code ? I don't remember off hand if Carole had a similar experience tho... the dude was attractive but maybe they didn't gel. Or maybe Carole prefers to date men she doesn't really see a future with... she does have that wall up in regards to seeing herself in a long term committed relationship. Maybe the hotty  close to her in age was LTR material. Or he wasn't that into her...?

Edited by BodhiGurl
Typo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Bringing this over from the Ramona thread, because I think it is relevant to the episode and the season, since it explains (potentially) why Beth is so mad at Ramona....Thanks to The Mole for the original post on Ramona's thread....

Unrelated to anything recent but speaking of Ramona it looks like Bethenny is going to try something with this. Looks like she's got a mole too.

Check the date and bear in mind Sonja launched it that month at the filmed birthday party.

image.jpeg.800eb1eee352cc97626df5f134a52

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Well that would give me pause too lol. 

Ha. It could be she doesn't want to be a part of the RHONYC Sex Degrees of Separation...

• Love 6

Late to the game, but isn't John in Long Island City, Queens?  The home of Citibank and Silvercup Studio?  I will admit that in all the time I lived on the UWS I only made it to Queens once.  It just seemed so far away.  And true about the 212 and 917.  I moved to the West coast 8 years ago and I still haven't given up my 917 number just in case I move back.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't remember that part at all - about him dating Ramona. OR Carole dismissing him.  Alls I remember about Nick is that Carole made him cringe by talking about faking orgasms and that Lu and Jacques said they were surprised at how awkward she was. Considering she'd written a book on sex and dating.

If Moaner said he was in love with her, I'm gonna resort to that old nugget of truth that she's delusional about all her men. Including the one she was married to for 20 years.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 12

In this episode, Ramona went for drinks with her friend Kathleen & Missy.

I laughed when Ramona tried to do her straw and sip with the side glance.

It does not really look flirtatious, it looks like she's giving the stink eye...Ha!

She was trying to get the attention of some man at the bar and he was oblivious to her machinations.

At Dorinda's charity event at Bagatelle, Tinsley's impression of Ramona's body move was spot on.

Ramona has always stood with an exaggerated pose with the boobs pushed out. I think she did that back then because she wasn't so big on top. It just looks a hell more awkward now that she has the fake boobs. Poor Ramona, one day she is going to tip over and do a face plant.

tumblr_n0yje5ybuv1ql5yr7o1_500.gif?w=554

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

There was also a Seinfeld ep about that with Elaine's new number.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

In this episode, Ramona went for drinks with her friend Kathleen & Missy.

I laughed when Ramona tried to do her straw and sip with the side glance.

It does not really look flirtatious, it looks like she's giving the stink eye...Ha!

She was trying to get the attention of some man at the bar and he was oblivious to her machinations.

At Dorinda's charity event at Bagatelle, Tinsley's impression of Ramona's body move was spot on.

Ramona has always stood with an exaggerated pose with the boobs pushed out. I think she did that back then because she wasn't so big on top. It just looks a hell more awkward now that she has the fake boobs. Poor Ramona, one day she is going to tip over and do a face plant.

tumblr_n0yje5ybuv1ql5yr7o1_500.gif?w=554

LOL!!! Drinks with her friends while bashing other friend - then does a toast "to respecting your girlfriends". LOL! Gotta love her!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL!!! Drinks with her friends while bashing other friend - then does a toast "to respecting your girlfriends". LOL! Gotta love her!

She screwed up the line about Luann acting like an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand.

She said ostrich, she said sand...it's was all mixed up...LOL oh Ramona!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

That man is smoking hot!

Agreed!! That guy is gorgeous...and what a kind smile. A man crush is born. And Carole turned him down....the woman is brain dead. She prefers the useless junior chef??  I'm happy for the guy, though. He will be snatched up in a New York minute and he will find a much better woman than Carole could ever hope to be.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Agreed!! That guy is gorgeous...and what a kind smile. A man crush is born. And Carole turned him down....the woman is brain dead. She prefers the useless junior chef??  I'm happy for the guy, though. He will be snatched up in a New York minute and he will find a much better woman than Carole could ever hope to be.

And he's got a motorcycle. (hot)  Carole's great ass would've never met the pain of bicycle handlebars if there'd been a love match between these two.

3690668290_2de2ae24b9.jpg

• Love 10

Kadooz to Atalanta for the Seinfeld catch.

FWIW- I think Ramona counts a guy sitting at the same table as her as a date. And of she is the one who deems every one of the dates underwhelming. Some of these poor fools probably do not even realize what they were doing registered as dating. Its funny that Ramona wanted the wine people to rush something out and simply slap a new label on someone else's product. Proves that Lu and Jaques had her number on the Ramona Pinot or whatever it was. And that Sonja comes up short of Lu and bed and has Ramona's sloppy seconds in business.

I think Carole is as big a snob as any of them. No matter how great that guy was she wasn't going to have interest if he didn't have a certain cache or reinforce whatever image she holds of herself at the moment. And boy, I forgot what an awkward date she made.

• Love 8
On 5/18/2017 at 10:51 AM, Lady of nod said:

This a thousand times! It used to be my favorite HW show because the women had some substance and interesting lives. And there were family interactions (and good clothes). Bringing back the B ( who is insufferable) was supposed to save it but has done the opposite. I don't want to watch her endless nastiness and self promotion. And what was all that last week about Brynn being a hoarder?  Ridiculous. How bout some footage of her battle with the ex. That might be interesting.

Even though I might not have liked some of the past HWs, they were more entertaining than watching a bunch of desperate 50 somethings trolling the bars of NY. And I blame B for getting rid of anyone she didn't want on the show. Heather, Kristen (who was funny and had some of the best outfits), hell, even Alex and -dare I say it - crazy Kelly were more fun than these women. In a city of 8 million there has to be someone who can send this show in a different direction

YES!!!!!   I miss this!!

If you go on the BH forum so many favorable comments are about the scenes with Kyle, her family and their dogs (Bambi, her golden retriever, sightings are relished and documented!!)  I love the ATL scenes of Kandi and Riley!!  The OC doesn't really have any good parent/child interactions.  Heather with her family more annoys me as she annoys me.  Melissa and her kids on NJ is nice to see.  Teresa and kids- not so much.  I don't watch Potomac.          

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Anyone who lives in the city knows that everyone takes the subway.

Absolutely true. And it was a mark of old school money to take the subway to Wall Street...the old lions always did, and Bloomberg made a point of doing so...not just because he was mayor...but because riding around town in a limo screams "new money".  And yeah, they do nothing to showcase NYC...the island is full of different neighborhoods and the UES has a corridor of big money...Fifth and Park, and some of Madison...but a lot east of that is old tenements and walk ups that have been renovated and jacked up in price...until you get to East End, which is geriatric heaven. NY full of interesting places to get a bite or a coffee, but these women are so unimaginative and unadventurous, and so is the show...even when Jacques and Lu lived around the corner from me, they never did a wide shot and showed the streets or the neighborhood...which is a shame, especially for folks who don't live here.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, BBHN said:

So we agree that Tom and John are assholes? Cool.

I can't seem to find one single housewife who hasn't been an asshole once or twice. 

Come to think of it, I don't know anyone at all who hasn't been an asshole once or twice. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, ryebread said:

And he's got a motorcycle. (hot)  Carole's great ass would've never met the pain of bicycle handlebars if there'd been a love match between these two.

3690668290_2de2ae24b9.jpg

Even my husband thinks he's hot.  I can't imagine he stayed single (unless by choice) for long.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I don't remember that part at all - about him dating Ramona. OR Carole dismissing him.  Alls I remember about Nick is that Carole made him cringe by talking about faking orgasms and that Lu and Jacques said they were surprised at how awkward she was. Considering she'd written a book on sex and dating.

If Moaner said he was in love with her, I'm gonna resort to that old nugget of truth that she's delusional about all her men. Including the one she was married to for 20 years.

The date was cringeworthy.

The part about Ramona dating him came up at the reunion. She also said that she had been proposed to by Carole's Dermatolgist back in the day. She seemed to like the idea that folks that knew Carole had at one time been hot for her. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 9:24 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Are we even sure he doesn't live in Manhattan?  His business is on the UES and from what I understand it has been for years, it would just make more sense if he were nearby.   Did one of them refer to him as an outer-borough kind of guy and it just stuck?  

Hell even in Manhattan there are a few different area codes now.  If you're a 212 or 917, you're officially old school.  The 646s and 323s are ::looksoverreadingglasses:: new money, darling.

Oh man this doesn't sound familiar at all.   But I rest in the comfort of 1) Ramona and 2) pranking Ramona.   I loved this time in the show.  I've spent the seasons since sideyeing Carole for acting a damn fool and passing up the dude Lu and Jacques set her up with because at 54, he seemed sooooo old (she was 49 at the time) - meanwhile ya'll, he looked like this:

21-real-housewives-of-new-york5.w529.h35

Unless he had dragon breath, she stupid as hell.

Sounds a bit like LA, everybody wants 310... The west side. 

Carole was soooo stupid. Really though, when is she not.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8

I don't get Ramona. She comments that Lu has her head in the sand about Tom and other women. 

It is hard for me to believe that Ramona didn't suspect that Mario had other women on the side and chose to ignore it until she was forced to acknowledge it for whatever reason (he was leaving her?) 

I am remembering the woman in Morocco that told Ramona that Mario was cheating.  Ramona was so upset with Lu for commenting on it.

Can't she just say to Lu..."Hey, I don't want to see you make the same mistake that I did?"

But then she would have to admit that she let Mario get away with the same behavior.

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Carole would rather hang out with 20 year old's (including Adam's soon to be next girlfriend) and rock climb. 

• Love 5

Ok...I am really throwing myself out there but I would definitely have bid on a night in the Berkshires with Dorinda. Just because I know she would make it nice. 

And her home is amazing.

And all the tea that she would spill.

I would definitely bedave myself just for that one night.

• Love 15
(edited)
22 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Tom and John should fit right in then.

Yup, and Beth and Sonya and Lu and Ramona and Carole and so on.......Can you name someone who has not been an asshole?

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
(edited)

Carole would rather hang out with 20 year old's (including Adam's soon to be next girlfriend) and rock climb. 

Hey, she still has one or two more "seasons" left, let her enjoy them ;)

Yup, and Beth and Sonya and Lu and Ramona and Carole and so on.......

Tom and John will make them proud. Well, they already are...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Yup, and Beth and Sonya and Lu and Ramona and Carole and so on.......

Yes, acknowledged and discussed every single week. Every. Single. Week. 

The talk about the men came up because someone up thread said that they think that the men on the show are always shown in a poor light and end up looking like assholes. That they get treated unfairly just for being men. Then many pointed out that they are called assholes when they act like assholes, which I think is generally true. There has never been any dispute about the fact that the women often act like assholes and are called out for being such. The discussion is that men should be treated the same. Called out for acting like assholes when they do. 

• Love 12

The silver lining to Ramona's lack of common sense, sensitivity and understanding is that it skipped a generation and Avery has inherited both her and her mother's share. Ramona, it always has to be because you're usually the one that's doing stupid shit that pisses other people off. 

Tinsley, if you want to meet a guy that you can have more than 3 dates with, perhaps you shouldn't get your dating advice from Ramona. Tinsley's date looks so much like one of my ex's, it's kind of scary, lol. I would be annoyed on a first date if someone was trying to kiss me when I'm chewing my food...but Tinsley was obviously confident enough to not wait for him to make the first move. From what we saw, she initiated everything. 

I got a good laugh at Ramona getting up and sauntering around the bar trying to get a man's attention and giving commentary because it wasn't working, haha. Ramona, you can't say that people come to you telling you stuff when this is clearly an example of you opening the door of the conversation for others to talk about Luann's business and feed you information and to put it on camera. I don't know how Ramona sees herself back on TV and not realize how she comes across.

I am so bored with this Tom business. Be glad it ain't your relationship and just move the hell on. Even if they have some sort of arrangement with one another, it's not anyone's business to ask and if they don't want others but those who are being invited in (on the side) to know, then that's their business. You don't pry into someone's business to that extent and be shocked when they don't want to be perfectly honest with you about something they feel isn't your business. 

• Love 9

Yes, acknowledged and discussed every single week. Every. Single. Week. 

The talk about the men came up because someone up thread said that they think that the men on the show are always shown in a poor light and end up looking like assholes. That they get treated unfairly just for being men. Then many pointed out that they are called assholes when they act like assholes, which I think is generally true. There has never been any dispute about the fact that the women often act like assholes and are called out for being such. The discussion is that men should be treated the same. Called out for acting like assholes when they do.

tumblr_na4winaFjX1smcbm7o1_500.gif

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Can't she just say to Lu..."Hey, I don't want to see you make the same mistake that I did?"

She kind of did say that, last season, I think in the last or second to last episode.  After the Regency reveal, at Bethenny's pinata party back in NYC, Ramona told Lu that the pictures of Tom sucking face brought up a lot bad feelings for her, but Lu bit her head off and told Ramona to get over Tom.  Ramona clarified she meant about Mario, but Lu downplayed it because she wanted to be mad at everyone talking about her when they weren't.  But yeah, maybe Ro should have tried that tactic again in a better way, after about 100 practice sessions in the mirror and a run by Avery so she didn't screw up the message again.  LOL!

I really did like this episode, though that appears to be a UO.  I find these women on the prowl at these events to be hilarious.  Maybe it's just because I've been watching a lot of Golden Girls lately.  Do y'all realize that in the first season of GG, Blanche/Rue is younger than everyone on this show except Tins and Beth?  I'd kill to be able to see an episode where Blanche goes rock climbing or surfing to impress a younger date.  Boutique is just The Rusty Anchor North. ;)

• Love 6
On 5/18/2017 at 10:03 PM, sasha206 said:

Funny, I think Tinz looks every bit like 41!  At times, she looks somewhat attractive, but I really don't think she's that great.  Skinny is about all I see.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, because I have never gotten the hype about Tinsley. I don't hate her or anything; I just don't understand what makes her so compelling to others. In fact, she kind of reminds me of Tynnyfer from Parks and Recreation: the name, the trendiness, the fixation on "It-girl-ness.

On 5/19/2017 at 11:53 AM, ryebread said:

I agree with this.  But I believe the ladies (as do most snobby Manhattanites) look down on anyone who doesn't live in the city proper.  John can be a douchebag but he's got the added bonus of being not living in the right area code.

Can anyone from NYC confirm if this is still so?  Brooklyn has come a long way since I lived in NYC so maybe the Bridge and Tunnel crowd isn't as second tier as it was 20 years ago.

Queens native here. Queens definitely gets the snob treatment from Manhattan and Brooklyn (just take the railroad people. Queens is not located on the moon), but a lot of people are okay with it. Sure, it would be nice to get more respect and consideration, but if it means that the Ramona and hipster types stay away, then we're good. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 11:53 AM, ryebread said:

John can be a douchebag but he's got the added bonus of being not living in the right area code.

I agree  - it's clear if you flip it into a reverse case - if John had the wherewithal to buy and live in (say) Lauren Bacall's former apartment in the Dakota, I think the housewives would start finding his repulsive self far more charming. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, because I have never gotten the hype about Tinsley. I don't hate her or anything; I just don't understand what makes her so compelling to others.

I was one who thought she was gorgeous.  But on second thought....I'm going to go with attractive and somewhat appealing-looking.  She looks better in video and on the show, than she does in still pictures imo.  I'd never really looked at still pics of her until just now.  She does have a hardness about her as someone mentioned up thread.

But it's like night and day how she portrays herself in some of her style videos from a few years ago (classy, smart, yet fun) to the ditzy, desperate woman/child I'm seeing on RHONY.

Snap out of it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

The fact is the men are never ever shown in a positive light. They only pick out things to show them being idiots. They do good things all the time. Charity work. Various acts of kindness and support to their wives and children. 

I will give you an example. I never cared for Mario. But it has been stated over and over that he was the one that took care of Avery. Got her off to school. Looked after her while Ramona slept. Or Simon who I know was a devoted Dad who was always doing stuff with his kids. An example to fathers everywhere. Not when he wore red leather pants. But he is a role model when he took his kids to park to kick around the soccer ball on a Saturday morning even though he was hung over. Look I don't expect them to feature positive things about the men. I don't expect that it will show up every episode. I don't expect any degree of fairness, context or objectivity. It is just that positive thing never happen. Ever.

Of course this is the Real Housewives not the Real Husbands or the Real Families. They should just leave the men out of it. The men should be smart enough to not be involved at all. They make a big mistake when they are supportive of their partners fame whoredom. That is the big mistake John made. He needed to be a silent presence if he appeared at all. I think he is too much of a fame whore himself to do that so he gets smacked around. Fair enough. I think he gets a bad rap generally but that ship has sailed. He needs to be smart. He should not film with Dorinda just to give her content. He should not be a crutch for her when nobody else wants to film with her. They only do those scenes to set John up as a villain. John needs to limit his appearances and interactions to the most perfunctory hellos and then fade into the background. So far this season he seems be doing that. I hope he keeps it up.

• Love 5
(edited)

Bobby was shown in a positive light. Simon never came off as as asshole, just someone who was eccentric but good-natured at the same time.

Maybe John's problem is he shouldn't be such a obnoxious asshole when interacting with the rest of the HWs.

They make a big mistake when they are supportive of their partners fame whoredom

Especially when they have their own fame whoredom.

He could be stranded on an island all by himself and he still wouldn't be the most charming guy on the island

tumblr_m89lolzd9t1rqpqe0.gif

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

I think Tinsley is beautiful and love her hair.  She acts a bit immature, but I realize she's trying to get her life straight again.  She does need her own apartment.

5 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

John could be stranded on an island all by himself and he still wouldn't be the most charming guy on the island

Wow!  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

That is the big mistake John made. He needed to be a silent presence if he appeared at all. I think he is too much of a fame whore himself to do that so he gets smacked around.

I'm surprised he felt the need to do this show at all.  He's got a pretty full social calendar and hangs with a fabulous circle of people.  Seems like he's getting plenty of famewhoring in his real life.  That said, how can I hate a guy who calls himself the "Sultan of Stains" on his Instagram page.

7 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

John could be stranded on an island all by himself and he still wouldn't be the most charming guy on the island

I like him now. LOL.  Go figure. Now I think he's too good for Dorinda. Something about what I've seen/read on his social media made him infinitely more likeable than I found him, even 2 weeks ago. 

Maybe I should go lurk Carole's Instagram and Twitter and I'd learn to like her better, too.  No?

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'm surprised he felt the need to do this show at all.  He's got a pretty full social calendar and hangs with a fabulous circle of people.  Seems like he's getting plenty of famewhoring in his real life.  That said, how can I hate a guy who calls himself the "Sultan of Stains" on his Instagram page.

I like him now. LOL.  Go figure. Now I think he's too good for Dorinda. Something about what I've seen/read on his social media made him infinitely more likeable than I found him, even 2 weeks ago. 

Maybe I should go lurk Carole's Instagram and Twitter and I'd learn to like her better, too.  No?

John's "Hey, baby" welcome to Tinsley drove me over the edge. 

I want to like him. I really do. I like Dorinda.  

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I want to like him. I really do. I like Dorinda.  

My husband is safely out of the house for the afternoon.  I'm going to re-watch.  When did he, "Hey, baby" Tinsley?  I'll look for it.  That would bug me, too, unless....it was a very good male friend. My husband's friend (ironically named 'John') greets me like that.  Doesn't bother me a bit but I've known him 20+ years.

Dorinda's John was so repulsive to me last season, I didn't pay attention to him.  So I'm not sure how awful he was to Beth at the bra party or at her party at her Hampton house.  Just that he was there, cuz he's hard to miss.  I don't even really remember what spurred him to use 'moist'.  Just that it had to do with a telephone? and I remember at the time thinking, "How Lame". And rolling my eyes at him.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Wait a minute. Tinsley talks like a baby. She acts like a baby. She dresses like a baby. She squeals like a baby. 

What else should he call her? 

Your honor? Madame? Senorita? Toots?

If he went "Come you big grown up girl you" .....well that would really be creepy.

It is just the way he talks. It's a style. A persona. The big teddy bear of guy who is protective of his girl and her friends. Like he was to Luann when that creep was up in her face.

Think of a greasy Kojack. Who loves you baby?

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

My husband is safely out of the house for the afternoon.  I'm going to re-watch.  When did he, "Hey, baby" Tinsley?  I'll look for it.  That would bug me, too, unless....it was a very good male friend. My husband's friend (ironically named 'John') greets me like that.  Doesn't bother me a bit but I've known him 20+ years.

Dorinda's John was so repulsive to me last season, I didn't pay attention to him.  So I'm not sure how awful he was to Beth at the bra party or at her party at her Hampton house.  Just that he was there, cuz he's hard to miss.  I don't even really remember what spurred him to use 'moist'.  Just that it had to do with a telephone? and I remember at the time thinking, "How Lame". And rolling my eyes at him.

When Tinsley entered the charity. 

10 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Wait a minute. Tinsley talks like a baby. She acts like a baby. She dresses like a baby. She squeals like a baby. 

What else should he call her? 

Your honor? Madame? Senorita? Toots?

If he went "Come you big grown up girl you" .....well that would really be creepy.

It is just the way he talks. It's a style. A persona. The big teddy bear of guy who is protective of his girl and her friends. Like he was to Luann when that creep was up in her face.

Think of a greasy Kojack. Who loves you baby?

Maybe, hi Tinsley.

• Love 2

It is tough for a guy with that type of hail fellow well met personality to deal with dried up stiffs. You want to see the greeting of dried up dead fish UES douche nozzzles just look at the Bald Brothers Tom and Dennis. They are mayonnaise sandwiches on white bread.

I have that problem all the time. Plus there are a lot of people that I meet that know me and I don't remember them even though I am very good with names. So you have to say something when you meet them for the fifth time and you don't know their name and it is too embarrassing to ask. I used to say "toots" put political correctness put an end to that. So now I just call them all "Kiddo." "Hey Kiddo it's great to see you. How is your husband? The Kids? Everything good?"

John and I are relics of another time. I guess that is why I support him so much. I have sweated in his shoes. 

• Love 8