Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

On April 20, 2017 at 7:59 PM, dosodog said:

Hi there.  Not an "other sider".  Totally on Team Everybody Has Some Part In Pantygate.

It's like the First Amendment.  You can say what you want, but it doesn't protect you from other people disagreeing or even criticising your point of view.

Ericka can choose to go pantyless in order to avoid pantylines.  But it doesn't protect her from people looking or commenting if parts she doesnt want seen, happens. In a public place no less. No one physically attacked her.  

You can make the argument it was verbal abuse and I will ponder your thoughts, however verbal abuse is not treated the same as physical.  

Because if it were, Kenya Moore would never see the light of day except for one hour in the yard.

I will say this as a woman, 53.  It kinda pisses me off, this idea that a woman cannot be held responsible for a decision she makes.  We're not toddlers.  We make decisions and sometimes we fall flat on our faces for our decisions.  Ain't nothing wrong with that. 

We live in an underwearing society. Until that changes?  People are going to talk and or make their own conclusions.  It's a consequence of living life with other people.

Where Ericka truly loses me, is the over the top reaction in Hong Kong and holding onto a grudge for months.

I love you! Thank you for being so consise and logical.  Common sense people.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Eileen, yes. Their relationship from both ends was cool and frosty throughout most of the season, and only seemed to warm up ever so slightly towards the end.

Rinna never got warm and fuzzy with LVP? She kept chasing after her all season long to get her approval and friendship.

Yes she did,  LOL!  She likes to smooth things over quickly by "owning it" and apologizing.  I did not catch anything warm and fuzzy though!  LVP was not buying it.  That's what the rabbit was for, too.  Kim didn't buy that either.  

They all give cool to icy vibes to each other with the exception of Kyle and LVP.  They have a little thunder of words and it passes.  There is a solid friendship there and socialize with each other when not filming. 

The only HW I have ever had extreme dislike for was Yolanda.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

How was she trying to make LVP look bad? By complimenting her whenever she saw her? LVP was playing a game, not Rinna.

By following her around when Lisa was ignoring her. Yes, fake compliments to Lisa when she doesn't want you in her space is going to garner a snarky comment back at you, which is what happened and we saw posters fall for Rinna's act.

• Love 9

I did not catch anything warm and fuzzy though!  LVP was not buying it.

Not sure what counts as warm and fuzzy. I don't think LVP cared enough to buy it, she just wanted her revenge regardless. And Rinna was willing to dance to LVP's tune (dance, puppet, dance!).

Yes, fake compliments to Lisa when she doesn't want you in her space is going to garner a snarky comment back at you, which is what happened and we saw posters fall for Rinna's act.

Nah, maybe some posters just aren't as cynical as others.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

Not sure what counts as warm and fuzzy. I don't think LVP cared enough to buy it, she just wanted her revenge regardless. And Rinna was willing to dance to LVP's tune (dance, puppet, dance!).

Nah, maybe some posters just aren't as cynical as others.

There was nothing genuine about Rinna towards Lisa, nothing.

• Love 9
On 4/21/2017 at 9:34 AM, AndySmith said:

Imported everything tends to be cost much more in this part of the world...

I will say, the best Coca-Cola I've had was the bottled kind in Europe.

Or from other countries in general--when I was working in Israel, the Coca-cola was amazing. Nowadays I rarely drink soda and usually opt for Perrier or other sparkling water but, when I want a coke, I get the Mexican kind in the glass bottles--ice cold awesomeness. Corn syrup really does fucking suck. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They all give cool to icy vibes to each other with the exception of Kyle and LVP.  They have a little thunder of words and it passes.  There is a solid friendship there and socialize with each other when not filming. 

Kyle really has never been that loyal to LVP, yet LVP continues to easily forgive her - regardless of how many times she has been thrown under the bus.

• Love 6
On April 20, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Martinigirl said:

Don;t give up hope. Ivanka will be in office soon 

YOU...just won my heart! ;)

even though I don't agree with half the shit you write-said in Erika voice and with love ;)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, escape said:

Kyle really has never been that loyal to LVP, yet LVP continues to easily forgive her - regardless of how many times she has been thrown under the bus.

You might want to rewatch Seasons 3 & 4.  LVP was pretty heavy handed in dealing out "punishment" to Kyle.  To the point after they had settled things, Ken told LVP, Kyle needed to be taught a lesson.  I remember Yolanda Foster writing a very terse blog wondering why Kyle was kissing LVP"s ass.  I didn't really like LVP during Seasons 3 & 4 and with the exception of Kim and Kyle it really isn't pertinent to the other women as they did not live it.  Kim and Kyle lived it.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

YOU...just won my heart! ;)

even though I don't agree with half the shit you write-said in Erika voice and with love ;)

Reminds me of the last episode where Bethenny said to Lu Ann  “on what scale zero to 10 do you think I care what you think?”  Those crazy NY HW's :)

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 8
Just now, Martinigirl said:

Reminds me of the last episode where Bethenny said to Lu Ann  “on what scale zero to 10 do you think I care what you think?” 

You know I'm playfully teasing right? If you don't, I'm letting you know now, I'm just teasing ;) all in good fun

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Hey, don't try to make me look stupid, that's my job. :)

Love ya, Martinigirl! And martinis too!

you and I agree where it matters, believe me, :)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2

Ever since the season where Kyle lashed out at Camille, and almost cost Mauricio a client, Kyle has been very careful about lashing out at people, and part of her ability to move past things is also due to not wanted to alienate anybody (word gets around) that may have any type of impact on The Agency.  

If I were LVP I'd love every minute of Rinna digging herself into hole after hole.   After last season, you bet I'd be sitting back and taking it all in, with glee. 

The reason Rinna and Kim hate each other so much is because they are alike.  Both are nasty, mean, and don't hesitate to go low.   The difference is Rinna still wants everyone to like her, to be her friend, and I don't think Kim cares about anybody but Kim.  

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Or from other countries in general--when I was working in Israel, the Coca-cola was amazing. Nowadays I rarely drink soda and usually opt for Perrier or other sparkling water but, when I want a coke, I get the Mexican kind in the glass bottles--ice cold awesomeness. Corn syrup really does fucking suck. 

Now I want to try a Mexican Coca cola!

47 minutes ago, escape said:

I agree to a certain extent but Lisa and Kyle have thrown each other under the bus a time or 2 but they have both come to realize that they really do love/care about each other, warts and all.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

Can someone refresh my memory?  When/how was it revealled Erika was pantyless?  Was it while it happened when they were altogether - or after the fact?

It happened at the pre White Party drinks meet up. Lisa/Ken, Kyle, Dorit/PK and Erika were all present when it happened.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It happened at the pre White Party drinks meet up. Lisa/Ken, Kyle, Dorit/PK and Erika were all present when it happened.

Thanks!  Who flagged it though?  Did someone tell her then and there?  For some reason, I'm blanking on how this exactly went down.

5 hours ago, Jel said:

I always appreciate your thoughtful replies, MotorCityMom. I do see why you feel that way about Lisa. It's as legitimate an interpretation as is mine, and while I do not see those actions in the same way, I appreciate you spelling out where exactly where you saw the offenses.

I'll go back and say, filters, (interpretation, confirmation biases, etc.) because for every example you give of her manipulation and grudge holding (or pettiness etc that escape was talking about), in my mind, every one of those actions you identified is justified or rational or legitimately funny or warranted. (Except for the lashes).

I'm okay with her "grudge holding", because I don't think that someone can do something shitty and then apologize and immediately return to their original level of trust and friendship. They have to now earn their way back to that position. If Lisa takes a couple of shots at Rinna on the way, well, in my mind, Rinna's earned those.  One exception: I thought the lashes ask was stupid, and I thought Rinna actually giving them to her was pitiful.  

Had Lisa Rinna done to me what she did to Lisa last year, "I'm sorry for being hard on you" wouldn't have been enough for me to return her to full on, old friend status.  I can relate to Lisa V in this way because I think it's honest and real. I think Rinna is a toxic person who creates a lot of confusion and drama -- that may make her good for tv, but not a trustworthy friend, imo.  She'd be on side eye status with me and I would feel absolutely no need to justify that position, since I feel Rinna's past behavior is enough for any reasonable person to stay on guard.  Does Lisa V need to keep reminding us of this? No, but I think she knows the audience and knows that some viewers agree with her view of Rinna. Frankly, I take those light weight jabs at Rinna as a nod to her like-minded fans.  I see them less as hard evidence of LVP of The Powerful Grudge and more as zingers with a message.

It irks me that some HWs allow themselves to be manipulated and them complain about it later. Just don't go along with it, be an adult, call it out for what it is and don't do Lisa's bidding if they find her so manipulative. If she says "Ask so and so about such and such!", just don't.  That would solve so many problems.

I get what you are saying and completely agree that LVP didn't have to forgive Rinna, or really even be nice to her. I didn't see what Rinna did as a big sin, but it wasn't me she was talking about and calling maniuplative. I always think they should be able to feel their feelings, even if I don't understand them or wouldn't feel the same way.  I don't think holding a grudge is the most horrendous thing a person can do. I have certainly held them and been slow to forgive. My issue is that LVP has been labeled a grudge holder since way back when - way back with Adrienne and with Kyle. She denied it with passion. On the show and more so in the media. She said she didn't like being considered a person who would hold a grudge. Yet she just very simply is that kind of a person. Because she doesn't like the label, she tries to be sly about it. She knows her power on this show - it is like no other power that any HW on any franchise has ever had. You simply cannot ever go against LVP and still have a major fan base - not to the same extent as LVP. If she feels a slight, or is upset with someone, they will always be disliked by the people that like LVP. It seems like it is almost impossible for someone to like LVP, yet also like someone that she has major issues with. Eileen was a major player her first season, almost universally liked by most. She had an issue with LVP and it was over. Rinna could have said the exact same thing about Kim had she not had an issue with LVP last season, and if LVP was in her corner, no one would care that she was talking smack about Kim. They just wouldn't, because the vast majority of viewers agree with every single word that came out of Rinna's mouth with regard to Kim. This is power. The best way for LVP to get back at someone that did her wrong is to make sure the audience knows she is not OK with them, because many of her fans will follow suit. That is just the way that she plays it.

I always feel like all I do is badmouth LVP, when there are really many other things about her that I like. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Ever since the season where Kyle lashed out at Camille, and almost cost Mauricio a client, Kyle has been very careful about lashing out at people, and part of her ability to move past things is also due to not wanted to alienate anybody (word gets around) that may have any type of impact on The Agency.  

If I were LVP I'd love every minute of Rinna digging herself into hole after hole.   After last season, you bet I'd be sitting back and taking it all in, with glee. 

The reason Rinna and Kim hate each other so much is because they are alike.  Both are nasty, mean, and don't hesitate to go low.   The difference is Rinna still wants everyone to like her, to be her friend, and I don't think Kim cares about anybody but Kim.  

I'm actually watching this RIGHT NOW!  It's the charity fashion event that LVP hosted to raise money for the girl who was burned by a guy she refused to date.  Right after Dinner Party from hell. 

Kyle just got the text from Camille about firing Mauricio.   And Mauricio is just awesome sauce in how he handled the whole situation.

More husband scenes!  Yes, yes I know that includes PK.....but.  I have to put up with glam squad. 

So. The pain is fairly spread equally.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Thanks!  Who flagged it though?  Did someone tell her then and there?  For some reason, I'm blanking on how this exactly went down.

She revealed it herself. It seems that no one told her, that night, that she had accidentally exposed herself.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Lisa touched Erika and said "Kyle needs some underwear." Erika said "I don't have any." Lisa said "oooh"

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-3/videos/dorits-husband-didnt-mind-the-view

Do you (or anyone here posting) remember if Erika walked in to the restaurant with Ken and Lisa? Did Erika arrive alone? I remember Kyle calling Lisa from the restaurant. Just wondering if Erika was in the limo with Ken and Lisa to the restaurant. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Do you (or anyone here posting) remember if Erika walked in to the restaurant with Ken and Lisa? Did Erika arrive alone? I remember Kyle calling Lisa from the restaurant. Just wondering if Erika was in the limo with Ken and Lisa to the restaurant. 

I believe Erika came in just after Lisa/Ken. Had Erika been in the limo with Lisa/Ken, she would have already known that Kyle was looking for nude underwear. LOL

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Dorit, PK, Ken and LVP arrived in LVP and Ken's, convertible Rolls Royce.  There are photos of their arrival in the Daily Mail story covering their event.    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3711560/Lisa-Vanderpump-leads-Real-Housewives-Beverly-Hills-squad-DailyMail-com-s-star-studded-White-Party-Hollywood-hotspot-Pump-including-new-recruit-Dorit-Kemsley.html

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2017 at 11:48 AM, charming said:

Rinna doesn't like Kim point blank period. She's still angry about what happened in Amsterdam. She openly gloated, mocked and laughed when Kim kept getting arrested. Then she still tried to claim that her intentions were pure, honest and good. Then the second she realized Kim wasn't going to apologize she went for the arrest jugular on camera. Then added to that by trying to use Eden to push the Kim's on the verge of death angle. That's a huge accusation to make. That's simply a terrible thing to do when you claim how wonderful you are. Rinna can't throw low blow after low blow and think a fucking bunny is going to make it all better. And this is coming from someone who cheered her on when she smashed that glass.

I, too, thought Kim's remark to Rinna, "Let's talk about the husband" was nasty and was completely in Rinna's corner. But, in all the time that's passed, Rinna's "I'm just so concerned and sincere" act regarding Kim has been shown to be just so much subterfuge. Just OWN your anger and revenge-seeking,, Rinna, and stop acting like an eternal victim.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I get what you are saying and completely agree that LVP didn't have to forgive Rinna, or really even be nice to her. I didn't see what Rinna did as a big sin, but it wasn't me she was talking about and calling maniuplative. I always think they should be able to feel their feelings, even if I don't understand them or wouldn't feel the same way.  I don't think holding a grudge is the most horrendous thing a person can do. I have certainly held them and been slow to forgive. My issue is that LVP has been labeled a grudge holder since way back when - way back with Adrienne and with Kyle. She denied it with passion. On the show and more so in the media. She said she didn't like being considered a person who would hold a grudge. Yet she just very simply is that kind of a person. Because she doesn't like the label, she tries to be sly about it. She knows her power on this show - it is like no other power that any HW on any franchise has ever had. You simply cannot ever go against LVP and still have a major fan base - not to the same extent as LVP. If she feels a slight, or is upset with someone, they will always be disliked by the people that like LVP. It seems like it is almost impossible for someone to like LVP, yet also like someone that she has major issues with. Eileen was a major player her first season, almost universally liked by most. She had an issue with LVP and it was over. Rinna could have said the exact same thing about Kim had she not had an issue with LVP last season, and if LVP was in her corner, no one would care that she was talking smack about Kim. They just wouldn't, because the vast majority of viewers agree with every single word that came out of Rinna's mouth with regard to Kim. This is power. The best way for LVP to get back at someone that did her wrong is to make sure the audience knows she is not OK with them, because many of her fans will follow suit. That is just the way that she plays it.

I always feel like all I do is badmouth LVP, when there are really many other things about her that I like. 

Doesn't the grudge holder moniker come from Kyle? 

If someone calls someone stubborn or opinionated it is not such a big deal.  I agree with your analysis of LVP not wanting to be called a grudge holder simply because she feels it is negative.

I kind of applaud LVP for standing by her guns.  One of the best scenes ever as far as a person revealing who she is was Brandi's last season, and after 7 episodes LVP and Brandi finally get together and LVP simply tells Brandi she is not the friend she wants her to be, and asks if she says such things about her why would she want to be friends?  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/lisa-vanderpump/lisa-v-a-naughty-child-shouldnt  BTW, the correct answer isn't you said some things as well.  It changed how I felt about LVP after Seasons 3 & 4.  I saw she wasn't going to fake friendships for the sake of the show.

About the fan base stuff, I guess I don't always think of people appearing on the show to create or expand a fan base but your analogy regarding the others having a set to with LVP and never fully recovering are very astute.  I am not sure which words about Kim, (the ones in Amsterdam, Dubai, Game Night, the boutique?) people would give Rinna a pass, I always thought the reason for Rinna being held to her words how more to do with her promising one thing and doing another, especially to Kyle.  I believe Rinna's days of being a "people pleaser" were over when she went after Kim and texted she was "going to fuck her up".  That turned the corner for me with Rinna and I don't really think anyone endorsed her behavior.  Granted Kim and her attacks on Kyle didn't help things but we all know what happened to Kim after the Reunion aired.   Moving along Rinna's meltdown over being enraged at Yolanda lunching with Kim and Brandi and not attending Erika's event were not well received either.  Maybe more the over the top than leave Kim and Brandi alone. 

I have a feeling Rinna feels she has a massive fan base and doesn't really care if she and LVP are cool. 

• Love 11

Rinna had the upper hand, right up until the reunion when Kim revealed the late night texts.   Then Rinna's true self was revealed.   All her self-proclaimed "only good intentions", she was revealed to be just as mean/nasty as Kim - and that's pretty low. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Same with me! lol She is definitely on my list of HWs I want to see return next season.

5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She revealed it herself. It seems that no one told her, that night, that she had accidentally exposed herself.

Well, she revealed it when prodded by LVP...and the ones who claim they did see it before the reveal assumed it was flesh colored panties they were seeing.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Rinna had the upper hand, right up until the reunion when Kim revealed the late night texts.   Then Rinna's true self was revealed.   All her self-proclaimed "only good intentions", she was revealed to be just as mean/nasty as Kim - and that's pretty low. 

To an extent, that is true. I didn't Iike the texts and said I hoped she removed them and apologizied. 

I thought that maybe I was loosing my mind and remembered incorrectly, so I went back and looked at the reaction on the Reunion Thread at the time of the texts. I wasn't remembering wrong. The vast majority of folks were fine with Rinna, and couldn't believe that after what Kim had done to her she had the nerve to be upset about a few texts. There are many that hate Rinna now that had zero issue with them at the time. Because they were in it. The memory of how horrid Kim was was very fresh. And it went farther than that. Even last season when many of us were talking about how Rinna needed to stop talking about Kim because it was upsetting to Kyle, there was a ton of defense of Kim. Lots of people saying that Kyle needed to just get over it all because Kim is horrible. True, there were those saying something different, but I would say it was about 50/50. What changed? As far as I could ascertain, Rinna was defended because Kim had brought up that Rinna might have an eating disorder, had scared Rinna shitless in the Limo, had made the accusation about Harry - and folks were pissed about it. Pissed until she said something about LVP. Then, suddenly the comments changed and Rinna was a piece of shit for talking about Kim. That is what is so strange. I can see folks being upset with Rinna about saying things about LVP. Totally normal. The interesting part is the total and complete rewriting of history. Before LVP Rinna has every right to say whatever she wants about Kim. After LVP she is a nutter to talk about Kim. Strange, no? 

My point is that if there had been nothing with LVP, many more folks would be fine with what Rinna said this season. Imagine if LVP were defending Rinna? Do you honestly think people would have an issue with anything that she said about Kim? I don't believe it for a second. But then again, when Rinna was sending out her earlier tweets, LVP was laughing and retweeting initially. So I guess it would have been hard for some to think the tweets were wrong, what with LVP laughing about them and all. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

To an extent, that is true. I didn't Iike the texts and said I hoped she removed them and apologizied. 

I thought that maybe I was loosing my mind and remembered incorrectly, so I went back and looked at the reaction on the Reunion Thread at the time of the texts. I wasn't remembering wrong. The vast majority of folks were fine with Rinna, and couldn't believe that after what Kim had done to her she had the nerve to be upset about a few texts. There are many that hate Rinna now that had zero issue with them at the time. Because they were in it. The memory of how horrid Kim was was very fresh. And it went farther than that. Even last season when many of us were talking about how Rinna needed to stop talking about Kim because it was upsetting to Kyle, there was a ton of defense of Kim. Lots of people saying that Kyle needed to just get over it all because Kim is horrible. True, there were those saying something different, but I would say it was about 50/50. What changed? As far as I could ascertain, Rinna was defended because Kim had brought up that Rinna might have an eating disorder, had scared Rinna shitless in the Limo, had made the accusation about Harry - and folks were pissed about it. Pissed until she said something about LVP. Then, suddenly the comments changed and Rinna was a piece of shit for talking about Kim. That is what is so strange. I can see folks being upset with Rinna about saying things about LVP. Totally normal. The interesting part is the total and complete rewriting of history. Before LVP Rinna has every right to say whatever she wants about Kim. After LVP she is a nutter to talk about Kim. Strange, no? 

My point is that if there had been nothing with LVP, many more folks would be fine with what Rinna said this season. Imagine if LVP were defending Rinna? Do you honestly think people would have an issue with anything that she said about Kim? I don't believe it for a second. But then again, when Rinna was sending out her earlier tweets, LVP was laughing and retweeting initially. So I guess it would have been hard for some to think the tweets were wrong, what with LVP laughing about them and all. 

With Kim comes Kyle and although I thought Rinna's tweets were funny for a bit, there came a time when it became obvious Kim was in such a downward spiral that cheering on her detractors seemed cruel.  After awhile garnering attention on the back of another's misfortune (albeit self-inflicted) becomes a little parasitic.  LVP gave one of her impassioned speeches to Kim about missing milestones over disagreements (disinviting Kyle to Brooke's wedding).  THis was after a really hate filled day, that Yolanda could not even stomach.  Brandi, by the end after saying she dreamed of beating on Kyle and calling her a c&nt, even backed down to say she didn't want to come between two sisters.   If we are going back, I think the game began to change when Rinna did the Munchausen's thing.  Not because of any love of Yolanda but the way she presented it-the may have engaged in some talk about Yolanda and I need to own it.  Why would she even say anything to LVP and Kyle?  It would seem since Yolanda loved one on ones with the RH coming to see her, Rinna could have accomplished the same by going straight to Yolanda.  To me, because it derailed the season and caused a series of events and LVP should not have been held accountable for the series of events that transpired. 

No one was defending Rinna on Game Night-not even Eileen (well Eden and she is a nobody).  Rinna takes it too far and makes her words indefensible. By Cake Night, Eden only had LVP as a defender and no one is singing Eden's praises these days.  By the time of the finale Eden was a punch line.  Eden added nothing to the Reunion. 

LVP is very good at taking the pulse of the room.  I am not saying it isn't something she does intentionally for her stake in the show or if it is how she truly feels when it comes to having compassion.  The major misstep I saw this season about Eileen and Rinna was being far more concerned about LVP being the one to deliver the Rinna accusations about Kim instead of accepting the fact Rinna had screwed up and broken her promise to Kyle.  Another case of Eileen and Rinna objectifying people for their own purpose. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Kyle, who is becoming more and more unbelievable as the season roll on, no one is that forgiving in real life

Well yes there are people who are that forgiving as I have two examples in my own life and trust me it annoys the crap out of me as I tend to hold grudges and want to be more forgiving. So unicorns like Kyle seems to be aren't that unicorn-y.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Rinna's downfall is on her, not on Lisa. Many stopped supporting Brandi before Lisa/Brandi had their falling out. What changed is that Rinna showed herself, her true self and it isn't a pretty or nice picture.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Couple of very good, very meaty posts here, MotorCityMom -- I love them!  

I'll start out by conceding a point -- viewer opinion is shaped, to some degree, by the opinion of our fave HWs.  As an example, I can say with certainty that I'd be about 50%, less annoyed by Eileen if the target of her apology quest was someone other than LVP.  I'd still have found it eye roll worthy frustrating, but I'd feel less, I guess, affronted by it.   

Having said that, no HW, not even one of my personal heroes, Lisa Vanderpump, is my moral compass.  There have definitely been times when I thought Lisa was in the wrong or over the line, and no amount of retweeting or jokes or Lisa's laughter would change my mind about that.  If Lisa had been defending Rinna against Kim, and if I had taken the time to think about it, I'd still think Rinna's fully sober and considered  "I will fuck you up" style texts were indefensible and way worse that the rantings of an intoxicated Kim, and I'd still think  it was lousy of Rinna to kick an addict in recovery, when she's finally starting to turn her life around for the good, because that crosses a line. 

Why do I, some stranger on the internet, even feel the need to defend Lisa Vanderpump?  For me, Lisa is a positive force in life, and when people continually remind me about her manipulation (which sometimes I see and mostly I don't) or grudge holding, I find it small.  It's like here's this woman who is actually trying to do something about the Yulin festival, for one example, and then I read things like "there goes LVP--holding a grudge" or "oh, such a manipulator" "let's not forget about that!" those things are pretty inconsequential to me, and are easily over shadowed by the good she does in life.  

On balance, and for me, Lisa's work for positive change easily trumps her dumb jokes, "jabby' though they may be, chess-playing questions, desire to get others to do her dirty work. To them I say, there's an easy solution -- just don't do it. Stop falling for it and complaining about it later, and take responsibility for the choices you made instead of doing it, regretting it, and then foisting the blame onto Lisa because she's the "chess master".  

And, MCM, for the record, I don't see you as continually bad mouthing Lisa;  I appreciate your thoughtful insights and considered opinions.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Great post Motor, and you're right! It got me thinking. And actually, I'll admit, I'm one of those people that loved Rinna then, turned on her when she turned on Pump. Last season, when Rinna started to bring up munchies to the group and to Yo, I was cheering her on. Then suddenly, she realized, uh-oh, I'm on my own on this, and flipped the script and decided to turn on Pump. That was so lame. No integrity to fight for what she believes in. I think Rinna showed hersrlf to be a fake. That she'll attack those she perceives as weaker. And I also think her opportunistic brain clicked in to the fact that her plain daughters want to be super models so she better not go up against Yo.  I really like Pump. She has her flaws for sure, as do we all, but I never see real viciousness and ugliness from her like I see from really, all the rest of them. Used to be a big Bethenny fan too, especially during the Jill years, but saw ugly, viciousness come out of her and dropped her. I also believe Pump is the only truly loyal person out of all of them, until you betray her. She's almost blindly loyal, which is her downfall.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 10

I don't think Erika was baiting Dorit all season like LVP did to Rinna. In fact IMO Dorit was baiting Erika, "Nice Dress this time" "Oh you never complimented me before" "YOU'RE going to sit next to ME?"  The whole stupid pantigate thing bothered Erika 1. when she learned they were all in on it and she was the butt of the joke, 2. that she suspected that Dorit thought she may have done it on purpose to flash her husband. and 3. at some point Erika learned (either by watching end of season film or being told by producers) that PK said, "I don't know if she has a habit of sharing her bits" and later after HK about "the deep rooted problems in her marriage."  Those are insulting comments.  All of whichresulting in Erika demanding an apology and not to talk shit about her.  IMO the "whore" comes from the insulation that she was sharing her bits. It's degrading to talk about her and her marriage and to insinuate that she shows off her privates to other's husbands on purpose. The one bait I do recall from Erika to Dorit was "you've been 40 for a minute."  Rinna was insulting about Dorit's accent, but I don't recall Erika saying anything personal about Dorit or PK other than they shouldn't be talking shit about her. FWIW I wish the editors hadn't focused so much on this storyline. I would've liked to see Eden's blind date in NYC/Londonw wherever she was flying that guy.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I don't think Erika was baiting Dorit all season like LVP did to Rinna. In fact IMO Dorit was baiting Erika, "Nice Dress this time" "Oh you never complimented me before" "YOU'RE going to sit next to ME?"  The whole stupid pantigate thing bothered Erika 1. when she learned they were all in on it and she was the butt of the joke, 2. that she suspected that Dorit thought she may have done it on purpose to flash her husband. and 3. at some point Erika learned (either by watching end of season film or being told by producers) that PK said, "I don't know if she has a habit of sharing her bits" and later after HK about "the deep rooted problems in her marriage."  Those are insulting comments.  All of whichresulting in Erika demanding an apology and not to talk shit about her.  IMO the "whore" comes from the insulation that she was sharing her bits. It's degrading to talk about her and her marriage and to insinuate that she shows off her privates to other's husbands on purpose. The one bait I do recall from Erika to Dorit was "you've been 40 for a minute."  Rinna was insulting about Dorit's accent, but I don't recall Erika saying anything personal about Dorit or PK other than they shouldn't be talking shit about her. FWIW I wish the editors hadn't focused so much on this storyline. I would've liked to see Eden's blind date in NYC/Londonw wherever she was flying that guy.

Erika would not have known about the "sharing her bits" when she went off in  Hong Kong on Dorit.  I think a stretch to get whore from "sharing her bits". Erika is justified in claiming her stage persona is different from her real life but until one gets to know her-how would they know?   Just as I don't believe PK saying, "what was I suppose to say I don't want to shag her?", was a "heinous" comment.  It was in bad taste but not to level Rinna took it.  It is the exaggeration that usually catches up to people.  Rinna's enraged distanced her from Erika in Dubai. 

Erika and Dorit are perfect examples of why one should not want to trade barbs-especially between relative strangers.  Entertainment for us, not a great relationship builder though.

• Love 5
On 4/19/2017 at 7:54 AM, renatae said:

Whenever this is brought up, I've been thinking to myself, "When/if this is addressed, what will Erika think of her besties then?" Now, she does know and she is still acting as though only PK and Dorit have acted to offend her. Bish, please. In addition, your extreme rudeness and harpy behavior makes me feel you are the one who should get the frick out of there. PK was invited, but that didn't stop you from acting like he was an interloper.

Not sure what else he could have done besides OWN IT and apologize over and over, which he did. But, of course, nothing stops the left couch from their assaults and kvetching. Nothing is ever enough.

Erika did see Rinna's and Eileen's involvement on the show, but they're both so far up her ass at this point that she gives them a pass.

Eileen gave me a glimmer of hope that she might bring some reason to the situation when she attempted to defend Dorit in Hong Kong, but that led to the ridiculous Erika breakdown; hence I doubt Eileen ever dares to do that again.

Regardless of how you view PK, he handled himself about as well as he could on the 

• Love 16

Bunny gate is so stupid.  I mean honestly, Kim did it to cause a stir and try to get back on the show....reminiscent of the stupid Aviva throwing her fake leg.  Lisa Rinna doesn't give two fucks about Kim Richards.  She doesn't know Kim's daughter.  There is no real bond here for Lisa to shed any real tears about.  It was uncomfortable to watch b/c nearly all of Kim's scenes are uncomfortable to watch.  Lisa is a annoying & Kim is annoying.  I want a really good feud like Kyle & Camille from Season one.  Deep down we know Camille can still bring it.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, jinjer said:

Exactly. Or, as the English would say, spot on.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Rinna's downfall is on her, not on Lisa. Many stopped supporting Brandi before Lisa/Brandi had their falling out. What changed is that Rinna showed herself, her true self and it isn't a pretty or nice picture.

I actually started turning against her when the 'F U up' text came out at that reunion. Who does that? I don't know any people who would send a text like that...it's so aggressive. It wasn't even during filming, so it can't be said it was done for show. She was also sending really nasty, taunting texts to Kim about her mental health, then deleting them right after. Really over the top stuff. Kim is a sick, sick woman, and pretty terrible in every way, but at some point, it becomes like Sonja said on scary island regarding Kelly...."she's not well and we are now being mean" or words to that effect. (Btw, I never admired a housewife more, than Sonja at that moment. Her kindness and humanity shone so bright. So sad that she also tumbled greatly)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 13
On 4/21/2017 at 7:24 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

Tell it to Dorit. As far as I know, she is the only person on the show to say it, and she did say exactly that in her TH. She said "when LVP stuck her hand up Erika's dress and Erika said that she wasn't wearing any underwear". 

Erika also said it - she said something like, "Think twice before you put your hand up my skirt" to LVP at the cocktails, and then Dorit later confirmed it in her TH.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I actually started turning against her when the 'F U up' text came out at that reunion. Who does that? I don't know any people who would send a text like that...it's so aggressive. It wasn't even during filming, so it can't be said it was done for show. She was also sending really nasty, taunting texts to Kim about her mental health, then deleting them right after. Really over the top stuff. Kim is a sick, sick woman, and pretty terrible in every way, but at some point, it becomes like Sonja said on scary island regarding Kelly...."she's not right and we are being mean" or words to that effect. (Btw, I never admired a housewife more, than Sonja at that moment. Her kindness and humanity shone so bright. So sad that she also tumbled greatly)

Her initial "FYU" texts were after the finale but before the reunion was filmed and were bad enough that production had Kim/Rinna film that scene in the park where Kim climbs over the jersey barrier at the end and they added that footage on at the end of the regular seasons episodes. Rinna's texts got worse and worse as the weeks went by after the reunion aired as well. I could forgive Rinna the initial ones she did when she watched the videos of the that season but to keep it up after she apologized, promised not to do it again and after the reunion was aired was way OTT and showed how sick Rinna, herself, is. Kim is not the only HW on BH that has some "issues" that need psych help IMO.

• Love 15