Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

They tell me why Kim would go on a reality show with her daughter to get to the deep rooted issues in the mom daughter relationship? She wouldn't talk about it on that show either. Her poor daughter looked scared to death of her own mother. IMO - Kim needs to be in a sober house and not on reality TV.  

• Love 8

I have some thoughts on Kim and the discussion of her sobriety.  First off, I don't hold Rinna 100% responsible for all of the talk surrounding Kim's sobriety.  It has become evident to me the producers hired Eden Sassoon for the limited purpose of having another recovering drunk on the show so the issue would be forced. 

The problem took hold once Rinna and Eden decided "to help" Kim Richards.  I don't have high regard for Kim but when asked last year at the Reunion she was clear, that her road to recovery would not be a public one and she cited an AA principle-without identifying the program.  Incumbent on her recovery is those close to her family not discuss the issue either.  A word not used often to describe Kim, I thought it courageous of her to risk asking her sponsor to attend a filmed event and identify her as a sponsor.  The risk was Kim being rejected.  Kim was obviously comfortable discussing sobriety with Carnie Wilson. 

Kim needs to be held accountable for how she treats others on the show.  Her reason for not discussing her arrest, are well settled in criminal law.  Kim plead guilty to the charges and is still under court supervision.  (Kim do your community service, damn it.) 

A person such as Kim with an obvious drinking problem and a dual diagnosis, according to Dr. Phil, should not be subjected to ridicule and scorn by the likes of Lisa Rinna or Eileen Davidson (I just find Eileen being on the wrong side of such a serious issue perplexing).  Whether one is a recovering alcoholic, suffers from mental illness does not make their opinion or insights any less valuable than any other person.  I may not agree with Kim's opinions and insight but it is just as valuable as her sister's or Lisa Rinna's or fucking Harry Hamlin's view.  One of the advantages of recovery is one feels restored to a status in life where people aren't on pins and needles around them.  I strongly disagree with Rinna and Eden's tough love approach which was ignore and bury the addicts. 

Game Night Kim was doing well, a little hurt feelings over the eye rolling but when she spoke of not wearing panties-everyone applauded her for her brevity and insight into an over litigated situation.  Instead of taking Kim's cue of enough of the minutia folks-Eileen and Rinna started down another path and were picking at Dorit.  Kim has always been overly sensitive to what she perceives as a gang up. 

As long as there is a RHOBH there will be the Richards sisters.  Kim is the first biological grandma and her excitement was endearing.  I am sad she cheapened the moment with the bunny return.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

They tell me why Kim would go on a reality show with her daughter to get to the deep rooted issues in the mom daughter relationship? She wouldn't talk about it on that show either. Her poor daughter looked scared to death of her own mother. IMO - Kim needs to be in a sober house and not on reality TV.  

Money? She has no other source of income outside of reality TV! LOL Oh, and Kim was not sober/clean when she did the Mother/Daughter show. She went back into rehab right after that show. I agree, Kimberly was terrified of her mother, Kim has put way to much responsibility on her youngest daughters shoulders, WAY. TO. MUCH!

Look, I agree, Kim should not be on this or any RTV show but Andy keeps bringing her back. I was team Rinna her first season but her behavior after they finished filming the regular season, the "I'm going to F You Up" texts crossed a big line IMO (and apparently in productions opinion as well because they went back and filmed the park scene with Rinna/Kim after wrapping up the season weeks before and edited that footage in after the season finale). Rinna/HH were relentless about Kim on SM/interviews and seemed to take pleasure in Kim's spiral into a hell of her own making, it was/is sick of them to do IMO. The SM attacks all happened after Rinna promised to stop it at that reunion. Fast forward to the following season and Rinna again goes in on Kim on camera and again, Kyle asks her to stop, she again promises to stop but........once again, she doesn't even though she had no interactions with Kim that season until the reunion. She, Rinna, makes the same promise at the last reunion but uses Kim again this season but adds in Kyle for good measure! So, I don't blame Kim for returning the bunny at the reunion, on camera. That said, I really doubt that will stop Rinna from using Kim as part of her storyline next season, Kim is Rinna's drug of choice.

ETA, Defending Kim makes me dislike Rinna even more!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

That show's finale didn't even make it to air. It was maybe worse than Diving with the Stars or Harry Loves Lisa. Kim needs to be a functioning adult and not be dependent on others for her care and feeding.  Not to be catty but I think it was a sobering experience that she ended up on the shit show.  She filmed that show after her big blow up with Kyle over the dog bite.  A sobering lesson in not filming a shit show.  What a stupid choice.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She doesn't want the other to use it as their storylines (like Rinna has done before and did again this season), she wants control over it, just like the others want control over what is said about their private lives.

The instant Kim's myriad issues were introduced into the storyline and discussed by her and others, those issue were no longer part of her private life and as such are beyond her control. And this isn't unique to Kim. The minute Pinky Pump blathered about Max's behavior or her concerns about her stepson's wife's age, the minute Lisar mentioned alcoholism in Harry's family or her own issues with food, the minute Kyle talked about the rather weird circumstances of her first marriage to a man she could barely communicate with, the minute Carlton referenced her spiritual outlook, the minute Taylor mentioned her injuries... yes, the minute any of these things (and essentially everything else) appears as part of the show they no longer fit the "private life" category -- they become part of the RH canon, forever and ever, amen.

imo.

6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Andy keeps bringing her back.

So... it's Andy's fault? I don't get the point

Edited by steelcitysister
Punctuation. Bad. Spelling. Disturbing.
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Kallee said:

You nailed it with your comments about the trashy, classless b. TOTAL loser with NOTHING to offer.

That's EXACTLY what she is.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the way PK and Dorit talked about Ericka - RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that happens. Erica (classless smug b) needs to go.

She's NOT smart or quick enough to say that - NOT surprising. Probably didn't graduate from high school.

Wow did she flash her cooch at YOUR husband?   

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

The instant Kim's myriad issues were introduced into the stortyline and discussed by her and others, those issue were no longer part of her private life and as such are beyond her control. And this isn't unique to Kim. The minute Pinky Pump's blather about Max's behavior or her concerns about her stepson's wife's age, the minute Lisar mentioned alcoholism in Harry's family or her own issues with food, the minute Kyle talked about the rather weird circumstances of her first marriage to a man she could barely communicate with, the minute Carlton referenced her spiritual outlook, the minute Taylor mentioned her injuries... yes, the minute any of these things (and essentially everything else) appears as part of the show they no longer fit the "private life" catagory -- they become part of the RH canon, forever and ever, amen.

imo.

I don't think we have heard another RH talk about Max's issues, or LVP's stepson's wife's age or Harry's family's addictions, of course Rinna has denied issues with food and no one has brought it up in a serious intervention type manner-just a couple of insults from Brandi and Kim, nor have we heard about Kyle's first marriage from another RH not even Kim.  There is a difference between discovery of private matters and another RH delving into them out of curiosity for a storyline.  Taylor wrote a book and the only one commenting was Brandi, the rest offered her support and were inviting to her wedding post Russell's suicide.  Carlton was so desperate for her Wiccan beliefs to be a part of the show she was absolutely giddy when someone brought it up-until no one cared and she fired.

Kim asked Rinna in three different countries to stop asking about her substance abuse issues with her and others.  Rinna was the only one pursuing it the others steered clear.  People were uncomfortable with Rinna's approach and persistence in bringing up something Kim had no desire to talk about.  Kim didn't appear to be using but she was a bitch.

The reason Kim keeps getting asked back is on Andy and production.  It is not as if she shows up uninvited or uncompensated.  Kim's point was made by Rinna last year-even off the show Rinna became "enraged" at the idea Yolanda was having lunch with her

• Love 8
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think we have heard another RH talk about Max's issues, or LVP's stepson's wife's age or Harry's family's addictions, of course Rinna has denied issues with food and no one has brought it up in a serious intervention type manner-just a couple of insults from Brandi and Kim, nor have we heard about Kyle's first marriage from another RH not even Kim.  There is a difference between discovery of private matters and another RH delving into them out of curiosity for a storyline.  Taylor wrote a book and the only one commenting was Brandi, the rest offered her support and were inviting to her wedding post Russell's suicide.  Carlton was so desperate for her Wiccan beliefs to be a part of the show she was absolutely giddy when someone brought it up-until no one cared and she fired.

Matter of opinion. It is my opinion that:  once the topic is introduced and the related player in question participates in a story about said topic then said topic is no longer off limits, either by anyone on the show or by all of us lovely folks in cyberania who keeps message boards and forums alive.

The reason Kim keeps getting asked back is on Andy and production.  It is not as if she shows up uninvited or uncompensated.

Yes, indeed, I doubt very much if Kim would show up without guaranteed compensation. But the idea that Kim has no other options is not on Andy and production. They make an offer. She can say no. She says yes. She selects HWs as her employment. She does so knowing she will work a few months per year, go to parties and events, maybe go on trips depending on her current status, and so on. Kim acted (frequently), she married (frequently) and she gave birth (frequently). Maybe Kim should look faaaaar away from before-the-camera work and get a nice quiet job as a receptionist at an Encino real estate firm. Or a records clerk at UCLA. Or a salesgirl at Nordstrom. It does happen. She has never tried as far as we know. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

LOL! Rinna has  model daughters, QVC, Harry's meat, BF Eileen, her charity, etc.

What would Kim's story line be? She has none. Well, not anything anyone is allowed to talk about.

You forgot Rinna's little bag of xanax.

I can't speak to Kim.  I'm on season 2, I just met Brandi and they're just now doing more than alluding to her substance issues.  Man she was wasted at that Kings game. So I don't know what she could provide. 

Hiding her dog?  Caesar Milan available?  Maybe he could "tsst" her into calm and submissive behavior.  Best South Park episode ever!

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

You forgot Rinna's little bag of xanax.

I can't speak to Kim.  I'm on season 2, I just met Brandi and they're just now doing more than alluding to her substance issues.  Man she was wasted at that Kings game. So I don't know what she could provide. 

Hiding her dog?  Caesar Milan available?  Maybe he could "tsst" her into calm and submissive behavior.  Best South Park episode ever!

S2 was good. Have you gotten to the poolside scene at Adrienne's estate where Kyle makes an idiot of herself by pitching a fit because one of Brandi's little boys pees outside? Adrienne (who has 3 sons) is fine with it but Kyle's over-inflated sense of propriety is outraged.

• Love 4

No.  I haven't got to any real crazy stuff yet.  I'm on episode 5.  Gosh I love Hulu!

I actually was going to watch NY next.   My interest was piqued by all the Kim background that I don't really know about, so I switched. 

Scary Island is going to have to wait.

I'm probably going to find Kyle hilarious on the pee scene.  Not that dogs are children...

Years ago I worked with a guy who's wife was so naive. They adopted a male and female from the same litter.  She, I'm so rolling my eyes, got mad because their neighbors male  dog lifted his leg to pee and their male puppy copied the behavior.  She was pissed because she thought as long as her male dog never saw a male dog lift a leg, he would always squat.

Boys and pee.

This same woman also didn't think she had to fix at least one of the dogs because they were brother and sister. 

Yup.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm not being understood.

I'm talking about going after someone relentlessly with low blows until they potentially affect a persons life.

Not being bitchy to the new girl. Not being an annoying drunk. Not taking nasty jabs during an argument. I'm talking about obsessing over someone else needlessly to the point they feel justified in constantly berating them? She was standoffish with Brandi cause of the crystal meth accusation (and yeah that happened because both Kyle and Kim decided to pull the bitch sister mean girl routine on her) but funny enough she was able to get passed that. And during the time she didn't want to have anything to do with Brandi she pretty much maintained her distance and did her best to avoid her at all cost not constantly seek her out to antagonize. 

I was just curious about when she went after anyone's blood for no real reason.

I guess I am not sure what you are looking for. Actual examples of Kim beating someone into a bloody pulp? The list of things that Kim has done over the years is so long and has been gone over time and time again. If someone still thinks that perhaps she isn't such a bad chick, I don't think they could ever be convinced at this point, because we've seen her act like a shitty human being for years. No one who has ever been on this show has been as consistently nasty, and that includes Rinna. If her behavior at the reunion a couple of years ago when she snarled at her sister about "a little bite on her fucking finger" while talking about her niece didn't lead a person to the conclusion that she has a black soul, they are not going to be convinced by anything that any person is going to post on this forum. Rinna talked about her on an occasion. Big fucking deal. Everyone has talked about her. She is a drunk and a thief who is on a Reality TV show where shit is supposed to be at least minimally real.  Who wouldn't talk about her? For fuck sake, we talk about her all of the time, even on the off season we rush to her forum like it is our job to dish on her latest arrest or lament the latest victim of her dog (there is always a recent arrest or victim of her dog so it keeps us very busy). If Rinna had spent every single episode talking smack, tweeting about her, and talking shit in the media, she wouldn't have done one-tenth of the bad shit that Kim has done. Or as Debra said in my favorite episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - "if she lit an orphanage on fire on Christmas Eve, she still wouldn't be as bad". 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I'm probably going to find Kyle hilarious on the pee scene.  

It's been awhile but I think Kyle's angst stemmed from the fact that Portia might have seen Brandi's son's winkadink. Portia was, I don't know, 2 or 3 at the time and has seemingly emerged unscathed.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

The instant Kim's myriad issues were introduced into the stortyline and discussed by her and others, those issue were no longer part of her private life and as such are beyond her control. And this isn't unique to Kim. The minute Pinky Pump's blather about Max's behavior or her concerns about her stepson's wife's age, the minute Lisar mentioned alcoholism in Harry's family or her own issues with food, the minute Kyle talked about the rather weird circumstances of her first marriage to a man she could barely communicate with, the minute Carlton referenced her spiritual outlook, the minute Taylor mentioned her injuries... yes, the minute any of these things (and essentially everything else) appears as part of the show they no longer fit the "private life" catagory -- they become part of the RH canon, forever and ever, amen.

imo.

Yes and No. The yes being the HW brought it up but No in that in this circumstance, Rinna promised that she would stop. Again, this is Rinna saying 1 thing then doing the opposite just because. Heck, last season, Rinna didn't even film with Kim during the regular season and she promised Kyle to stop talking about Kim. Then at the reunion, Rinna again apologizes to Kim for talking smack about, promises yet again to stop doing it but here we are! Hell, she used inflammatory, dire words about both Kim and Kyle to Eden, a stranger to all of them. Eden didn't know Kim/Kyle, she hadn't met Rinna before filming began.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Rinna promised that she would stop. Again, this is Rinna saying 1 thing then doing the opposite just because. 

Maybe she changed her mind?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Then say so! She didn't, she just kept going in on her both on and off camera and her husband, HH, joined in on it. Nasty, nasty couple IMO. And again, to make myself clear, I do NOT like Kim but Rinna has sunk even lower that Kim or Brandi combined at this point.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Yes, exactly. People make promises every day they cannot keep. Kyle promised her mom she would protect the family secret about the alcoholic sister. Shit happens. Rinna was wrong to talk about Kim on camera after promising Kyle she wouldn't. That is what she did. It is hardly the crime of the century, or even something that ranks probably in the top 100 of the shit that these gals have pulled over the years. It just cracks my ass horizontal that the thing that has set people off the most is one of these gals calling a drunk out for being a drunk. A drunk that is maybe the most disliked person to ever appear on this franchise.  It is a world gone mad to be sure. 

• Love 8
On 4/24/2017 at 5:38 PM, Jamie Satyr said:

There you go! I told you! From the past, that type of judgment was inherent concerning SOAPs! ;-)

Interesting. Interesting to me because I view the RH's franchises as my generation's version of soap operas! I used to watch Days of Our Lives when I was in my 20's. Had my babies & had no time for daytime TV with twins in the house! So, years go by and I happen to land on RHOC. Hooked. I don't watch all of the franchises but a fair amount. It's MY soap opera equivalent. With my kids grown I still don't have much time for daytime TV and I am not looking for more things to watch. There is so much on netflix and amazon as well as cable. I have my fill of premium, good series and shows but RH's is strictly mindless watching for me. I enjoy it and can laugh about it all. I see right through so much of the "drama" and can even tell what is dropped to be a place holder for someone's story line for the season. With 2 soap opera actresses on the Beverly Hills and Kyle, LVP, Erika and Kim it really is, to me, actresses going through set up situations with their own words and opinions. Erika may not have had a past as an actress but she's certainly drawing on her Erika Jayne persona in much the same way as an actress would. I find that this season Rinna has been the most repugnant to me. That tear rolling down her face at the bunny fiasco was totally soap opera blubbering.  That skinny bitch has a heart of stone. While there were many "characters" to feel dodgy about, none of them come close to all the mean spirited and nasty comments/lies/accusations & fights that Rinna brought to the gatherings this season. And there you have the "villain" of a "soap opera". And it works. Love to hate her. Just my 2 cents.  

• Love 7

I think Kyle also uses her sister for  a story line. It still bugs me that she would tell Kim ON CAMERA what LisaR said. Why would she do this if she (Kyle) is so worried about her sisters sobriety. Not to mention, neither wants anyone taking about it. Something is off. 

Now I'm beginning to think Kyle and Kim set up Rinna ^^^

• Love 5
1 hour ago, steelcitysister said:

Matter of opinion. It is my opinion that:  once the topic is introduced and the related player in question participates in a story about said topic then said topic is longer off limits, either by anyone on the show or by all of us lovely folks in cyberania who keeps message boards and forums alive.

Yes, indeed, I doubt very much if Kim would show up without guaranteed compensation. But the idea that Kim has no other options is not on Andy and production. They make an offer. She can say no. She says yes. She selects HWs as her employment. She does so knowing she will work a few months per year, go to parties and events, maybe go on trips depending on her current status, and so on. Kim acted (frequently), she married (frequently) and she gave birth (frequently). Maybe Kim should look faaaaar away from before-the-camera work and get a nice quiet job as a receptionist at an Encino real estate firm. Or a records clerk at UCLA. Or a salesgirl at Nordstrom. It does happen. She has never tried as far as we know. 

A salesgirl at Nordstrom.

Hey didn't Kim go to Target for an interview?

oh wait...she went to Target and was interrogated...never mind, carry on.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Martinigirl said:

I think Kyle also uses her sister for  a story line. It still bugs me that she would tell Kim ON CAMERA what LisaR said. Why would she do this if she (Kyle) is so worried about her sisters sobriety. Not to mention, neither wants anyone taking about it. Something is off. 

Now I'm beginning to think Kyle and Kim set up Rinna ^^^

No, Kim would have seen/heard what Rinna said about her because it was all caught on camera! There are no secrets when something is said on camera, none! LOL

Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I really don't see Kim getting a job in retail sales anywhere, ever! LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

A re-stocker at Target... you are correct, KFB. I forgot this one!

• Love 2

Then why tell her on camera????????????? If she's so fragile tell her alone away from the cameras.  

I think that is also the reason Kyle was so GD nervous with bunnygate. Didn't go as she and Kim planned. Yep, kyle and Kim both set up Rinna IMO

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Then why didn't Erika follow her own advice? Why did she bring up pantygate again and talk more about it in Hong Kong?

Because narcissists like her LOVE and HAVE to be the center of attention.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I really don't see Kim getting a job in retail sales anywhere, ever! LOL

Considering one must show up when scheduled, considering it is a tough and tiring way to earn a buck, I would have to agree. Clearly, Kim prefers the Bravo Bucks and perquesites. lololol

• Love 4
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

But she did, with Kyle. She doesn't want the other to use it as their storylines (like Rinna has done before and did again this season), she wants control over it, just like the others want control over what is said about their private lives. Look at this way, Kim doesn't want Rinna to talk about it anymore than Rinna wanted Kathryn to talk about Rinna's issues with eating/food! LOL At least Kathryn had the good graces to respect Rinna's wishes, whereas Rinna doesn't even respect her own promise to stop talking about Kim/Kyle.

Because Andy Loves her, he really does! LOL

He also loves Erica. Just goes to show what an a hole he is.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Yes Kim did say she was re-stocking the Target Home line, but oh that Kim she was really re-stocking her own home/condo.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Jesus H. Christ, I've never seen anyone more self-obsessed, insular, inward looking, and horrible than Erika Jayne or whatever the eff her name is. Watching her self-righteous mug for an hour is killing me. Low-Rent Barbie needs to let other people speak once in awhile.

Strangely enough, she's made me love Dorit. Erika was such a nasty bitch to PK that I'm impressed by Dorit's behavior. If anyone spoke to my husband/bf/significant other the way Erika spoke to PK and I was standing there, the other "lady" would be flat on her ass or at the very least, verbally eviscerated.

And no, Erika, no one, not even you, believes Tom is too busy to be there. We both know he's incredibly embarrassed by the constant display you put on. Pantygate blew it up for the whole world to see, and probably endangered your meal ticket and glam squad fund. That, and that alone, is why you're so mad at Dorit and PK. This has nothing to do with anyone respecting you - your puss has been out and about for the universe to see since the second you stepped on this show. And honey, that's YOUR choice. Your behavior. No one else's words or actions caused this. As your buddy Rinna would say, "Own it!"

BRAVO - EXCELLENT. LOVE your comments. Erica is such a POS.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kallee said:

BRAVO - EXCELLENT. LOVE your comments. Erika is such a POS.

What a let down! I expected more; maybe for Kyle to jump out of her seat and get in Rinna's face! WHAT HAPPENED? What a bore! I could have gone out on the town for my BD! ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Corrected spelling
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

No.  I haven't got to any real crazy stuff yet.  I'm on episode 5.  Gosh I love Hulu!

I actually was going to watch NY next.   My interest was piqued by all the Kim background that I don't really know about, so I switched. 

Scary Island is going to have to wait.

I'm probably going to find Kyle hilarious on the pee scene.  Not that dogs are children...

Years ago I worked with a guy who's wife was so naive. They adopted a male and female from the same litter.  She, I'm so rolling my eyes, got mad because their neighbors male  dog lifted his leg to pee and their male puppy copied the behavior.  She was pissed because she thought as long as her male dog never saw a male dog lift a leg, he would always squat.

Boys and pee.

This same woman also didn't think she had to fix at least one of the dogs because they were brother and sister. 

Yup.

Funny (and completely unrelated to RHOBH) note.  I have a male Frenchie who squatted to pee until he was around 4 years old.  Well, at 4, he decided to pee while hiking a leg up.  Except he's a Frenchie...  He fell over.  LOL.  So, he now only hikes his leg up to pee if he has something that he can sorta prop himself up on.  LOL. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

You mean she didn't sign a blood-oath, Klingon style? ;)

4 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

With her home as a storage facility, no doubt ;)

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess I am not sure what you are looking for. Actual examples of Kim beating someone into a bloody pulp? The list of things that Kim has done over the years is so long and has been gone over time and time again. If someone still thinks that perhaps she isn't such a bad chick, I don't think they could ever be convinced at this point, because we've seen her act like a shitty human being for years. No one who has ever been on this show has been as consistently nasty, and that includes Rinna. If her behavior at the reunion a couple of years ago when she snarled at her sister about "a little bite on her fucking finger" while talking about her niece didn't lead a person to the conclusion that she has a black soul, they are not going to be convinced by anything that any person is going to post on this forum. Rinna talked about her on an occasion. Big fucking deal. Everyone has talked about her. She is a drunk and a thief who is on a Reality TV show where shit is supposed to be at least minimally real.  Who wouldn't talk about her? For fuck sake, we talk about her all of the time, even on the off season we rush to her forum like it is our job to dish on her latest arrest or lament the latest victim of her dog (there is always a recent arrest or victim of her dog so it keeps us very busy). If Rinna had spent every single episode talking smack, tweeting about her, and talking shit in the media, she wouldn't have done one-tenth of the bad shit that Kim has done. Or as Debra said in my favorite episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - "if she lit an orphanage on fire on Christmas Eve, she still wouldn't be as bad". 

I was referencing the idea that Kim has deliberately taken aim at someone and was constantly and relentless and purposefully aggressive towards them. Kim rebuffed Brandi that first season Brandi was on and she didn't do it nicely. Whatev. (I was on Brandi's side that season by the way)

Giving me examples of her bad decisions and verbal altercations and her actions under the influence and what some perceive as nasty behavior points out what a mess and bitch some people find her. That's all well and good.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of reasons for folks not to like her (I personally like Kim aside from the whole Kinsley thing though) but I don't see her as someone that has relentlessly hounded any of the others constantly in order to just be nasty for sport. She's had arguments and confrontations and took jabs and got nasty (as they all do) but she's never targeted someone constantly.  Some may consider her behavior unacceptable but for the most part I've seen a bulk of those times as her being defensive and sensitive which makes sense considering what she's always struggling with. I've never been truly outraged with her behavior cause I've always seen it as a result of her trying to navigate (badly) through her obvious issues so whatev. 

Ain't saying people can't hate her.  I was just pointing out that sometimes the comparisons made are apples and oranges.

But hey, as I said before, at the end of the day not liking someone doesn't have to be catalogued in the "proper" sub-folder and labeled correctly. Have at it. We can compare her heinousness to Charles Manson. Hate is hate after all I guess. No one said it had to be nice and neat.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Mariareads said:

Interesting. Interesting to me because I view the RH's franchises as my generation's version of soap operas! I used to watch Days of Our Lives when I was in my 20's. Had my babies & had no time for daytime TV with twins in the house! So, years go by and I happen to land on RHOC. Hooked. I don't watch all of the franchises but a fair amount. It's MY soap opera equivalent. With my kids grown I still don't have much time for daytime TV and I am not looking for more things to watch. There is so much on netflix and amazon as well as cable. I have my fill of premium, good series and shows but RH's is strictly mindless watching for me. I enjoy it and can laugh about it all. I see right through so much of the "drama" and can even tell what is dropped to be a place holder for someone's story line for the season. With 2 soap opera actresses on the Beverly Hills and Kyle, LVP, Erika and Kim it really is, to me, actresses going through set up situations with their own words and opinions. Erika may not have had a past as an actress but she's certainly drawing on her Erika Jayne persona in much the same way as an actress would. I find that this season Rinna has been the most repugnant to me. That tear rolling down her face at the bunny fiasco was totally soap opera blubbering.  That skinny bitch has a heart of stone. While there were many "characters" to feel dodgy about, none of them come close to all the mean spirited and nasty comments/lies/accusations & fights that Rinna brought to the gatherings this season. And there you have the "villain" of a "soap opera". And it works. Love to hate her. Just my 2 cents.  

There is a lot of television and media criticism and scholarship that has come to the same conclusion--reality TV has almost completely supplanted soap opera.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304186404576389693935512286

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/apr/17/abc-all-my-children-us-soap-operas-decline

http://www.tvguide.com/news/killed-soap-operas-culprits-1032682/

http://www.standard.net/Lifestyle/2012/08/19/Soap-operas-dwindling-thanks-to-reality-TV

And an interview Rinna did on the matter

https://www.forbes.com/sites/seamuskirst/2016/01/05/reality-tv-has-become-the-new-soap-opera-says-lisa-rinna-on-her-shift-from-actress-to-housewife/#383e132e2f83

On 4/25/2017 at 8:56 PM, Martinigirl said:

Then why tell her on camera????????????? If she's so fragile tell her alone away from the cameras.  

I think that is also the reason Kyle was so GD nervous with bunnygate. Didn't go as she and Kim planned. Yep, kyle and Kim both set up Rinna IMO

There is no doubt that they had that conversation initially off-camera. People don't realize most of these type of scenes are reenactments or pick ups.  One example that sticks out, the original Munchhausen conversation at LVPs w a wide-eyed Kyle fidgeting, was a redo of Kyle and Rinna's convo at a previous dinner. They even said it at the reunion, down to the "i knew about Munchhausen by proxy for children, I had never heard of..."  

At this point Kyle's a vet and would not risk the wrath of kim from sandbagging her with that type of conversation.

• Love 3
On 4/18/2017 at 10:39 PM, VedaPierce said:

I was wondering if they slept together too! Lol lol! That's good dish! And believe me, I'm not a dirty old broad, much to my husbands' disappointment ;)

I agree.  LVP just asked what everyone else was thinking.  And she said it with a laugh because she knew that.  Totally harmless, and I think she was very well aware that Kim wasn't going to give an an actual answer on national TV.

• Love 3