Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

For some of us, this is a show worth watching. And not in an ironic, hate-watching kind of way.

Again with the hate.  To me, each season they need to bring something new.  They can't just rehash old arguments, the same vocational pursuits.  They can't hang out at LVP's restaurants (which they haven't this season) that is all  I meant.  They need to curb potential redundancy.  This season was Boy George, PK, Dorit and Eden, a new direction.  Maybe next year will be someone else fun.   

• Love 9

I enjoyed the season overall. Did I enjoy everything about it? No. But for me, the positive outweighed the negative.

Rehashing old arguments is something that happens on all the franchises. As for vocational pursuits, I'm not sure I get your point...should the women start new careers each season? The only way to make a complete fresh start would be for Andy and Bravo to fire all the women and just reboot the show with new women each season. Which, honestly, is never going to happen.

• Love 6
On April 19, 2017 at 0:38 PM, athousandclowns said:

Back the truck up because a poster several pages back said Kim says she still drinks ?!  What kind of meeting and programs could she and Eden have gone to/ worked together ???   So the sober Kyle refers to is no pills? I'm so confused. I'm aware that alcoholics sometimes say they can have a glass of wine and think of themselves sober but ya cant go to an AA meeting and consider that sober.  Kim is the alcoholic that is often referred to even sober as not having relationships ,  she holds people hostage.  Eden just holds them in a hug. 

Imo, Kim's not an alcoholic.  She's a straight up drug user, opioids I believe, and alcoholic label is the accepted tv code talk for her issues by her family.  It's one thing to be an alcoholic, it's an entirely other thing to be a long-time drug user, and it's why Kathy and Kim had such the freak out on Kyle.  

I have an aunt who overdosed on drugs 27 years ago.  She quit cold turkey, no rehab, it scared the bejeezus out of her.  But she drinks.  But she's not a raging alcoholic, she's the average social drinker of a couple of times a  week.  It wasn't her issue.  I suspect the same of Kim.  Because otherwise that glass of wine would have freaked Kyle out as usual.  That goes against traditional sober wisdom but I think it's more common that expected.    

• Love 13
6 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I enjoyed the season overall. Did I enjoy everything about it? No. But for me, the positive outweighed the negative.

Rehashing old arguments is something that happens on all the franchises. As for vocational pursuits, I'm not sure I get your point...should the women start new careers each season? The only way to make a complete fresh start would be for Andy and Bravo to fire all the women and just reboot the show with new women each season. Which, honestly, is never going to happen.

Well if we take Rinna, Erika, and Eileen by their rules once agreed to move on, they don't get to mention something unless it is about "What did Harry do?".  They have producers to weave previous seasons into the narrative such as they did this season about Game Night. 

Here is my point, and I will use Vicki Gunvalson as an example-there is nothing interesting about watching Vicki sell insurance, re-decorate the offices or talk to her family about taking over her insurance agency.  I certainly understand it is a huge part of her life but it is not terribly entertaining.  When I speak of vocational pursuits I am speaking of the redundancy of Eileen giving tours of her Y&R dressing room, it sounds like Erika has gotten a return invitation, I don't need five scenes of Erika doing two scenes on the Y&R, next season, I don't care to see anymore of segments of Lisa Rinna selling clothes on QVC.  Kyle has used her store as a backdrop for various events, Fat Jewish, Jamie Lee Curtis, that is something different although within the same four walls, Kyle opening another store and walking into a unfinished space would be redundant.  Kyle wearing glasses and talking about her role as a producers would be boring, a premiere party for her new show, might be interesting. I don't think they need to scrap the entire cast each season, there are just some who are more versatile and have more gravitas than others.  So it is really up to the cast and the producers to continue to focus on these women's lives in such a way it is not redundant.  Good things this year and some were duplicative of past years, NY trip, we understand that some of the women do business on the east coast.  The producers instead of pulling out solely the vocational aspect although mentioned, managed to make it more interesting by having Kyle and her daughter and Rinna and her daughters take a meal together.  Boat trips, this franchise uses boats more than other franchises and some of the trips produce memorable scenes. 

Rinna taking four months to go after someone just to shake up the storyline is not a good direction.  The problem with being over the top season after season(Brandi, Rinna) is it doesn't seem real after awhile.  How does a producer make it believable after the way Rinna treated Dorit, with the language, flipping off and repeated attacks on she and PK?  Rinna apologizing is meaningless.  So my comments aren't about hate, they are more about what should be done to keep the show interesting.  I get it is difficult to keep things interesting, as evidenced by both Atlanta and BH doing an "escape room" episode this year but isn't that why Bravo hires creative minds? 

• Love 9

Well if we take Rinna, Erika, and Eileen by their rules once agreed to move on, they don't get to mention something unless it is about "What did Harry do?".  They have producers to weave previous seasons into the narrative such as they did this season about Game Night. 

Personally, I find there is more rehashing and weaving of past seasons happening on this board than there is on the show itself. But mileage varies.

When I speak of vocational pursuits I am speaking of the redundancy of Eileen giving tours of her Y&R dressing room, it sounds like Erika has gotten a return invitation, I don't need five scenes of Erika doing two scenes on the Y&R, next season, I don't care to see anymore of segments of Lisa Rinna selling clothes on QVC.  Kyle has used her store as a backdrop for various events, Fat Jewish, Jamie Lee Curtis, that is something different although within the same four walls, Kyle opening another store and walking into a unfinished space would be redundant.  Kyle wearing glasses and talking about her role as a producers would be boring, a premiere party for her new show, might be interesting.

I guess mileage comes into play again. I don't mind watching most of that stuff. It is what it is, and it is a part of the lives of the women. Could there be other, more interesting things going on in the women's lives that we are not seeing? Probably. Are these women involved in other, more interesting things? Probably. Could the drama be cut back quite a bit? Sure. But what we are seeing is still keeping me interested so far, even if I didn't like or care for everything I saw this year.

So my comments aren't about hate, they are more about what should be done to keep the show interesting

Well...interesting to some people, not interesting to others. I was certainly entertained this year. I guess we all have our own mileage when it comes to what we find interesting. I'm still into this show, Atlanta, and New York. I'm thisclose to giving up on New Jersey, and very skeptical on OC.

I guess the simplest answer is, if a show isn't giving you what you want...just stop watching. Sitting through a season and a half of The Newsroom taught me that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

What about LVP - being petty and constantly rehashing last season - and playing the victim card.  And whining about it, being a vindictive shrew - even after others have extended the olive branch.

Edited by escape
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, escape said:

What about LVP - being petty and constantly rehashing last season - and playing the victim card.  And whining about it, being a vindictive shrew - even after others have extended the olive branch.

It really depends on the filter one is using while watching this show because while I didn't see any of that from Lisa, I definitely did see it from a couple of other HWs. 

I mean that sincerely.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, escape said:

hat about LVP - being petty and constantly rehashing last season - and playing the victim card.  And whining about it, being a vindictive shrew - even after others have extended the olive branch.

Did I say it was a rule of LVP's?  No I did not.  I will expand-I think it is very convenient to cry-"last season rule off limits", when someone is calling you on the carpet,  I have always felt LVP was a grudge holder as compared to Kyle, who is becoming more and more unbelievable as the season roll on, no one is that forgiving in real life.  Obviously Rinna holds grudges about Kim, Eileen holds grudges about LVP and Kim and Rinna hold mutual grudges. 

There was never an olive branch extended by the others.  Rinna and Eileen treated LVP horribly.  They had zero business going after LVP after Kyle said she did not have an issue with LVP.  Eileen laughing in LVP's face when she was extending condolences about Eileen's mother's death and then turning around and slamming LVP for not extending yet another apology about "the affair" comment from last season.  It was LVP who finally said to Rinna let's go back to the way things were before Dubai.  Of course Rinna feels like she can shit on anybody and her behavior not be called into question, and all of a sudden LVP went back on her word?  No Rinna you create a whole new cause of action.  The statute of limitations doesn't apply to future acts.  Each new act creates a new discussion. 

I happen to think LVP more shrewd than shrew. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 15

For me, bringing up what Rinna did to LVP and Yolanda, was brought up in the context of showing Rinna that she has a pattern of going after people with HER truths and they're all tired of her thinking everything is A-OK because she owned it.

I want more family and husband interactions.  It's why I enjoy the early seasons more than what we get now.  I loved Mauricio and Kyle's banter.  I love Bambi, the ponies by the pool and poor Lola.   Max and his search for his adoptive parents showed me another side to Lisa, on Vanderpump Rules, we got to watch Ken tease LVP because she was ironing and it was fun.  Jagger.  I love Jagger.  More fashion police scenes from Jagger.

I enjoy it way more than watching Rinna pull up that stupid plastic baggie filled with whatever crap she puts into her body and rationalizing her nasty, vile asshole behavior because she spits out the phrase, own it.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I just have difficulty really bringing up a full hate on this show. It is mindless entertainment. To me, the only person to really get a good hate on in the RH franchise is Vicki just because of the whole cancer thing and promoting alternative treatments saying that they helped Brooks. She was scamming cancer patients. It is just me but I find it really hard to hate someone on this show. Dorit irritates me but so does sand in my shoes.  Dorit is the equivalent of sand in my shoes. Rinna just makes for good tv.  LOL. 

I must admit I do have hate for Tamra Barney Judge. I think she is a sadist. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Dorit wouldn't do something mean like that to LVP. She was their meal ticket on to the show. 

I think I said inadvertently. Lololol

Poor Dorit her nasal cavity must have burned when she sucked in that MAC powder

• Love 6
On April 20, 2017 at 2:46 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

She's forgiven herself and has a beautiful life and that's what matters.

I can't wait for this season to be over.  I don't think I can take another 12 pages about Ericka's crotch.  I mean FFS, people are really getting their internet SJW on and comparing embarrassment and disrespect to rape and sexual assault?  And saying that everyone not crying for Ericka is why rape victims don't come forward?  Because that doesn't trivialize rape and sexual assault in the least.   

Cannot like this enough!! Thank you!!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And that kid is going to be subjected to being teased and referred to as "*ucksley" as soon as he's old enough to understand English. 

Poor kid no banana song for him without the side eye.

Hucksley Hucksley Bo Bucksley.

Banana Fanna Fo  ....oh my! Never mind

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Did I say it was a rule of LVP's?  No I did not.  I will expand-I think it is very convenient to cry-"last season rule off limits", when someone is calling you on the carpet,  I have always felt LVP was a grudge holder as compared to Kyle, who is becoming more and more unbelievable as the season roll on, no one is that forgiving in real life.  Obviously Rinna holds grudges about Kim, Eileen holds grudges about LVP and Kim and Rinna hold mutual grudges. 

There was never an olive branch extended by the others.  Rinna and Eileen treated LVP horribly.  They had zero business going after LVP after Kyle said she did not have an issue with LVP.  Eileen laughing in LVP's face when she was extending condolences about Eileen's mother's death and then turning around and slamming LVP for not extending yet another apology about "the affair" comment from last season.  It was LVP who finally said to Rinna let's go back to the way things were before Dubai.  Of course Rinna feels like she can shit on anybody and her behavior not be called into question, and all of a sudden LVP went back on her word?  No Rinna you create a whole new cause of action.  The statute of limitations doesn't apply to future acts.  Each new act creates a new discussion. 

I happen to think LVP more shrewd than shrew. 

I think that Rinna did extend an olive branch to LVP in the first episode. She said "I was pretty hard on you and I am sorry for that". I didn't really see Rinna do much horrible stuff to her this season. 

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, TurtlePower said:

You know, for how much I dislike Rinna for her verbal diarrhea and subsequent amnesia, I actually felt bad for her over the bunny thing. That was an asshole move on Kim's part. Rinna was truly hurt and I don't blame her for not wanting to talk it out with Kim. 

It's been a tale of two assholes these past three years. They have pulled asshole moves back and forth on each other. This season Kim was hurt when she discovered Rinna pulled an asshole move of questioning and used her hard won sobriety as a storyline and tried to look good by giving her a bunny and got back at Rinna at the reunion.  I despise both of them but I can't now really say which is worse, Kim and her attack dog or Rinna going after her husbands rape victim (if true). Both are vile and have been vile to each other.  I don't feel sorry for either of them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jel said:

It really depends on the filter one is using while watching this show because while I didn't see any of that from Lisa, I definitely did see it from a couple of other HWs. 

I mean that sincerely.  

I agree about the filter. I know that I do this sometimes as well. 

Rinna apologized to LVP in the first episode. Said she was hard on her and she was sorry. LVP said it was over and they could move on. I think the rest of it absoltely depends on the filter we might use, or how we feel about the gals in general. IMO, the deal with Kyle's Game Night about LVP pretending to be a puppet and control Rinna was about reminding everyone about what Rinna had done to her last year. She mentioned Rinna in her TH's constantly throughout the season, again reminding everyone of what horror she went through in being called maniuplative by the millionth person to work with her on this show. She reminded everyone again when Eden came to talk with her. She had supposedly moved on with Rinna, but went on and on about how horrible Rinna was to her, again the reminder that she hadn't gotten over it. Then there was the deal where LVP asked her to Hong Kong, but wanted her eyelashes. Yes, more LVP British humor, but also a way to once again make sure Rinna knew she was keeping her eye on her and she kind of liked the fact that Rinna was so desperate to be in her good graces. She is sneaky about the way she does it, but like with Kyle years before, she loves the fact that someone wants so badly to be back on firm footing, all the while reminding them that it will be strictly on her terms. Fair enough (I really don't have a problem with it at all). Just admit that you hold a grudge, take a long time to get over a slight, and that you like to make people pay a little before you are friends again. I would have no problem saying that. 

• Love 11
On April 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM, ryebread said:

Oh, Kyle has never been a shrinking violet - to those who she thinks are beneath her. She never had a problem pointing a witchy finger or being a bitch to those people.  But I always felt she kissed LVP's arse a little too much. And that LVP could take or leave Kyle because she thought herself above Kyle.

I agree with you about questioning Kyle and her perception of events.  About anything really.  I'm not a fan.  But I did enjoy watching her stand up to LVP whom I dislike equally as much.

I've always thought LVP to be a much more loyal friend to Kyle than Kyle ever was to LVP. In the very beginning, LVP sided with Kyle against Brandy, at least until Kyle back stabbed LVP one too many times. LVP always stands up for Kyle when they are on good terms-like this season to Eden. Can you imagine Kyle ever saying "you better not go against my girl Lisa or I'll put a foot up your ass"? Never. Kyle isn't really loyal to anyone, not even her own sister, her sister is a dumpster fire, but still---SISTER. Last year in Dubia when everyone piled on Lisa, Kyle was SO lukewarm in her wishywashy defense of Lisa. when has Kyle ever really defended anyone strongly? Even though I can't stand Eileen, her blind, rabid defense of her idiot friend is begrudgingly admirable. I love a loyal friend like that. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 12

This

2 hours ago, escape said:

and this

35 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I agree about the filter. I know that I do this sometimes as well. 

Rinna apologized to LVP in the first episode. Said she was hard on her and she was sorry. LVP said it was over and they could move on. I think the rest of it absoltely depends on the filter we might use, or how we feel about the gals in general. IMO, the deal with Kyle's Game Night about LVP pretending to be a puppet and control Rinna was about reminding everyone about what Rinna had done to her last year. She mentioned Rinna in her TH's constantly throughout the season, again reminding everyone of what horror she went through in being called maniuplative by the millionth person to work with her on this show. She reminded everyone again when Eden came to talk with her. She had supposedly moved on with Rinna, but went on and on about how horrible Rinna was to her, again the reminder that she hadn't gotten over it. Then there was the deal where LVP asked her to Hong Kong, but wanted her eyelashes. Yes, more LVP British humor, but also a way to once again make sure Rinna knew she was keeping her eye on her and she kind of liked the fact that Rinna was so desperate to be in her good graces. She is sneaky about the way she does it, but like with Kyle years before, she loves the fact that someone wants so badly to be back on firm footing, all the while reminding them that it will be strictly on her terms. Fair enough (I really don't have a problem with it at all). Just admit that you hold a grudge, take a long time to get over a slight, and that you like to make people pay a little before you are friends again. I would have no problem saying that. 

And I am someone who likes LVP.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
On April 20, 2017 at 10:45 AM, zoeysmom said:

Can Tom afford another Erika Girard career?  It looks to me like every time she gets a job she spends more than she makes.  First the entourage videos costumes, work out space, playhouse and $50k a week villa and private jet to Greece for Erika Jayne.  $500k a year for Erika's hair and make-up because now she is on TV.  Tom had to be somewhat delighted Erika didn't make the finals in DWTS as she had promised her partner a Lamborghini.   Can't image what working for scale on soap opera would cost Tom.

Don't forget her so-called 'Tour Bus'! She showed it off last season, I think. I heard Erika sold out the garden.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think I said inadvertently. Lololol

Poor Dorit her nasal cavity must have burned when she sucked in that MAC powder

C'mon, you know Dorit would never get her white "powders" mixed up...

• Love 3
On April 20, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Normades said:

To be clear, I think Kim is a jerk -- drunk or sober, but I do root for her to continue to do well in recovery.  That said, I understand her not wanting that stupid bunny (should this now be referred to as bunnygate??).  I think when it happened, it came from left field and she was unprepared to handle it by simply declining the gift.  That could be because she might be like me and not think quickly on her feet.  It could also be from post acute withdrawl, which can last a couple of years.  Substances cause damage and it takes time to come back, for some people it takes a lot of time. This is one of the many reasons I feel Kim would be better served by not participating in a reality show.

The gift was given on camera for effect.  The gift was returned on camera for effect.  When Eileen said Kim should have mailed it back, well my thought is that had the gift been truly from Rinna's cold, black, little heart, she would have mailed it or given it off camera, but instead she wanted the fanfare of appearing superior.  It was a dumb event all the way around, I'm just inclined to give Kim a bit more of a pass on this one. 

Yes, giving the gift back on camera was a rude, attention-grabbing, scenery-chewing move. But I don't care. I enjoyed it because I can't stand Rinna. I laughed. And if Rinna comes back with the rabbit and proceeds to pummel Kim about the head with it, I will enjoy that too! :) I like watching two idiots beat the crap out of each other. It amuses me. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There was never an olive branch extended by the others.

More viewer amnesia?  Lisa Rinna reached out to her in the1st episode - yet LVP continue to ride her - because she wanted to get even.  And Eileen offered to go her documentary in HK to help mend their relationship.    A documentary that LVP's besties Kyle and Eden couldn't be bothered with.

But LVP drudged up last season - yet again - at the finale and the reunion.

Edited by escape
  • Love 6

I always appreciate your thoughtful replies, MotorCityMom. I do see why you feel that way about Lisa. It's as legitimate an interpretation as is mine, and while I do not see those actions in the same way, I appreciate you spelling out where exactly where you saw the offenses.

I'll go back and say, filters, (interpretation, confirmation biases, etc.) because for every example you give of her manipulation and grudge holding (or pettiness etc that escape was talking about), in my mind, every one of those actions you identified is justified or rational or legitimately funny or warranted. (Except for the lashes).

I'm okay with her "grudge holding", because I don't think that someone can do something shitty and then apologize and immediately return to their original level of trust and friendship. They have to now earn their way back to that position. If Lisa takes a couple of shots at Rinna on the way, well, in my mind, Rinna's earned those.  One exception: I thought the lashes ask was stupid, and I thought Rinna actually giving them to her was pitiful.  

Had Lisa Rinna done to me what she did to Lisa last year, "I'm sorry for being hard on you" wouldn't have been enough for me to return her to full on, old friend status.  I can relate to Lisa V in this way because I think it's honest and real. I think Rinna is a toxic person who creates a lot of confusion and drama -- that may make her good for tv, but not a trustworthy friend, imo.  She'd be on side eye status with me and I would feel absolutely no need to justify that position, since I feel Rinna's past behavior is enough for any reasonable person to stay on guard.  Does Lisa V need to keep reminding us of this? No, but I think she knows the audience and knows that some viewers agree with her view of Rinna. Frankly, I take those light weight jabs at Rinna as a nod to her like-minded fans.  I see them less as hard evidence of LVP of The Powerful Grudge and more as zingers with a message.

It irks me that some HWs allow themselves to be manipulated and them complain about it later. Just don't go along with it, be an adult, call it out for what it is and don't do Lisa's bidding if they find her so manipulative. If she says "Ask so and so about such and such!", just don't.  That would solve so many problems.

• Love 13

LVP could have just held Rinna at bay the way she did Eileen. Be civil to her at group events, but don't say they are cool while continuing to take shots. Even if it was interesting to see just how much Rinna would take just to get back in her good graces...

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, escape said:

More viewer amnesia?  Lisa Rinna reached out to her in the1st episode - yet LVP continue to ride her - because she wanted to get even.  And Eileen offered to go her documentary in HK to help mend their relationship.    A documentary that LVP's besties Kyle and Eden couldn't be bothered with.

But LVP drudged up last season - yet again - at the finale and the reunion.

If you put it like "she wanted to get even" then I say, good on Lisa V. Rinna needs to learn her actions have consequences. Take it as a life lesson, Rinna.

Kyle said she'd seen the Yulin images a lot already and didn't want to see more. I can understand that. Eden is not an LVP bestie.

I don't think viewer amnesia is accurate -- I see it as viewer interpretation. I didn't think it was a particularly huge gesture on Eileen's part to go to the doc screening since it was Lisa's trip, right? And whatever amount of goodwill she earned from me was quickly lost when she said something like "maybe Lisa does have feelings", which I thought was a pretty low blow.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

LVP could have just held Rinna at bay the way she did Eileen. Be civil to her at group events, but don't say they are cool while continuing to take shots. Even if it was interesting to see just how much Rinna would take just to get back in her good graces...

Why hold only Lisa Vanderpump to this standard though?

Were her shots that hard? I thought they were more finger waggy and and less aggressive than "I think you're bullshit".   If I have to pick, I'll take Lisa's assaults over Erika's or Rinna's any day. 

• Love 13

That's like asking why only hold Ericka to that standard, too...

Also, until HK, Ericka seemed to pretty rather civil to Dorit without taking shots at her. She wasn't saying she was over it while still taking passive-aggressive digs.

I don't mind LVP wanted her pound of flesh from Rinna. I just wish she wouldn't say she was ok with her, but still take shots at her. Finger waving or any other kind.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 6

Actually, I didn't, escape brought up LVP, not me :)

(Also, degrees of response is just a way to justify certain actions by certain people and not others).

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Jel said:

If you put it like "she wanted to get even" then I say, good on Lisa V. Rinna needs to learn her actions have consequences. Take it as a life lesson, Rinna.

Kyle said she'd seen the Yulin images a lot already and didn't want to see more. I can understand that. Eden is not an LVP bestie.

I don't think viewer amnesia is accurate -- I see it as viewer interpretation. I didn't think it was a particularly huge gesture on Eileen's part to go to the doc screening since it was Lisa's trip, right? And whatever amount of goodwill she earned from me was quickly lost when she said something like "maybe Lisa does have feelings", which I thought was a pretty low blow.

Eileen only went because she got a lot of heat from viewers last season after the nasty comments she/Yolanda made about Lisa doing the march against the YDMF instead of doing charities for people. Her going was all about spin control this season.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Actually, I didn't, escape brought up LVP, not me :)

(Also, degrees of response is just a way to justify certain actions by certain people and not others).

Ah, well I was replying to this "That's like asking why only hold Ericka to that standard, too...", with a winky face.

For some reason I always thought it was pretty clear than Lisa had Rinna on a pretty short leash in this regard, like she literally side -eyed Rinna at the time. (Is that my interpretation or did it actually happen that way?) Whereas Erika seemed to loudly proclaim, with not a trace of deception,"I am!" (when asked if they are over it) and then they high fived their over -it-ness.  The difference? Because of Lisa's clearly skeptical view, Rinna was prepared for Lisa's wariness, her watchfulness, her doubt. Dorit had absolutely NO idea that Erika was still harboring resentment. Dorit didn't have the opportunity to make it right because she didn't know Erika was still upset. Rinna would have had a pretty good idea that Lisa was wary and could monitor her behavior if she'd wanted to -- she had an advantage that Dorit didn't have. I see those two situations as variations on a theme. 

Degrees of response as a way to justify actions...hmm.. well maybe in a purely academic way or philosophical way. But the way it plays out in real life? No, in every day life, the way one responds to something, the intensity of the response, the tone, the words used is relevant. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think that Rinna did extend an olive branch to LVP in the first episode. She said "I was pretty hard on you and I am sorry for that". I didn't really see Rinna do much horrible stuff to her this season. 

Rinna apology to LVP would be akin to John Wilkes Booth telling Mrs. Lincoln, "sorry if I ruined the play for you." 

• Love 9

Ah, well I was replying to this "That's like asking why only hold Ericka to that standard, too...", with a winky face.

Ok, then...

I'm not sure why Ericka is being dragged into this. The situation between her and Dorit is nothing like the situation between Rinna and LVP.

Rinna kept chasing after LVP, hoping for forgiveness, and LVP kept saying she was cool with Rinna and wanting to move on. Except from her actions she clearly wasn't cool with it. She could have just said so and kept throwing her barbs and digs at Rinna.

Granted, Rinna is a fool for going back to the well again and again.

No, in every day life, the way one responds to something, the intensity of the response, the tone, the words used is relevant. 

None of which excuses or justifies the actions themselves. In every day life as well.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Jel said:

More like Viewer Bias/Prejudice.

I was initially responding to the claim that Erika, Rinna and Eileen tends to hold grudges and re litigate old issues.  My point - So does LVP, who is the Queen of holding grudges.  So why should she not be held to the same standards as the others.

• Love 6
Just now, AndySmith said:

Ok, then...

I'm not sure why Ericka is being dragged into this. The situation between her and Dorit is nothing like the situation between Rinna and LVP.

Rinna kept chasing after LVP, hoping for forgiveness, and LVP kept saying she was cool with Rinna and wanting to move on. Except from her actions she clearly wasn't cool with it. She could have just said so and kept throwing her barbs and digs at Rinna.

Granted, Rinna is a fool for going back to the well again and again.

None of which excuses or justifies the actions themselves. In every day life as well.

Erika is being dragged into it because she's part of the show, and she was in a similar situation -- saying she was over something when she wasn't.  And because some viewers took issue with that and some viewers seemed not bothered by it.  Why is it okay for one and not the other -- opinions and judgments are often based largely on a viewer's interpretation of a particular HW.

I agree that Rinna is a fool.

• Love 7

As I said, the two aren't exactly the same. Ericka didn't say she was cool with things and kept taking many multiple barbs and passive aggressive stabs at Dorit. LVP said she was was cool with Rinna but did keep taking many multiple barbs and passive aggressive stabs at Rinna. Not the same thing.

6 minutes ago, escape said:

I was initially responding to the claim that Erika, Rinna and Eileen tends to hold grudges and re litigate old issues.  My point - So does LVP, who is the Queen of holding grudges.  So why should she not be held to the same standards as the others.

Exactly.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, escape said:

She is held to that standard, though. It's not like no one has ever mentioned Lisa's grudge holding before, people talk about it a lot. (I'm a Lisa fan -- I notice.) Even people (like me) who think it's okay for her to "hold a grudge" against Rinna, do acknowledge that she holds a grudge.

4 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

As I said, the two aren't exactly the same. Ericka didn't say she was cool with things and kept taking many multiple barbs and passive aggressive stabs at Dorit. LVP said she was was cool with Rinna but did keep taking many multiple barbs and passive aggressive stabs at Rinna. Not the same thing.

Exactly.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree, AndySmith. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

She is held to that standard, though. It's not like no one has ever mentioned Lisa's grudge holding before, people talk about it a lot. (I'm a Lisa fan -- I notice.) Even people (like me) who think it's okay for her to "hold a grudge" against Rinna, do acknowledge that she holds a grudge.

I get what you are saying, Rinna knows Lisa and knows she isn't just going to move on after last season no matter what Lisa may have told her, whereas Dorit did not know Erika at all and took Erika at her word that she had moved on and was Ok with her even though Erika was/did not.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I get what you are saying, Rinna knows Lisa and knows she isn't just going to move on after last season no matter what Lisa may have told her, whereas Dorit did not know Erika at all and took Erika at her word that she had moved on and was Ok with her even though Erika was/did not.

Yes, and am I wrong, didn't she actually, physically side eye Rinna at the time she was accepting her apology? Like there could be no mistake that Lisa was showing Rinna that she was not 100% over it? (or was that my own side eyeing I am remembering?) Was there at least a skeptical facial expression, a nose scrunch up, something? Some kind of body language that would convey not 100% over it?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, and am I wrong, didn't she actually, physically side eye Rinna at the time she was accepting her apology? Like there could be no mistake that Lisa was showing Rinna that she was not 100% over it? (or was that my own side eyeing I am remembering?) Was there at least a skeptical facial expression, a nose scrunch up, something? Some kind of body language that would convey not 100% over it?

At Dorit's party, she actually told Rinna that she wouldn't "tell her anything" (the gloves scene with Kyle). There was no mistaking that Lisa didn't trust Rinna at all and that Rinna had to earn her way back into Lisa's good graces. I don't understand this notion that Lisa is a "grudge holder" because she doesn't allow someone that purposely hurt her back into her life right away, no one I know in real life (including myself) would do it either. They earn their way back in a little at a time based on what they do/say after apologizing.

• Love 10

Yeah, but at that same party, Rinna did apologize for the previous year, and LVP accepted it...I remember her saying something along the lines of "That's all I wanted to hear". Maybe it was at a different event...

because she doesn't allow someone that purposely hurt her back into her life right away, no one I know in real life (including myself) would do it either. They earn their way back in a little at a time based on what they do/say after apologizing.

That's what happened with Eileen, not with Rinna.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Yeah, but at that same party, Rinna did apologize for the previous year, and LVP accepted it...I remember her saying something along the lines of "That's all I wanted to hear". Maybe it was at a different event...

That's what happened with Eileen, not with Rinna.

It happened with both of them. Lisa did not just go back to treating Rinna/Eileen the way she did 2 seasons ago, she kept both at arms length at all times. At the same time, neither Rinna or Eileen ever got warm and fuzzy with Lisa either. It wasn't just on Lisa's end, they did it as well but they refuse to acknowledge it.

• Love 7

Eileen, yes. Their relationship from both ends was cool and frosty throughout most of the season, and only seemed to warm up ever so slightly towards the end.

Rinna never got warm and fuzzy with LVP? She kept chasing after her all season long to get her approval and friendship.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Eileen, yes. Their relationship from both ends was cool and frosty throughout most of the season, and only seemed to warm up ever so slightly towards the end.

Rinna never got warm and fuzzy with LVP? She kept chasing after her all season long to get her approval and friendship.

No, she didn't. It was a game to Rinna, she was trying to make Lisa look bad.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Oh, kung fu bunny, you made laugh so hard, I blew coca cola out my nose! Dang! That hurt!  But still..... HILARIOUS!!

Thank goodness it wasn't the other kind of coke. Cause then it would be XXXpensive to you goofygayne...eh eh eh eh eh eh

• Love 6
14 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Sonja from NYC was on WWHL recently.  Callers would ask her about things that happened last year.  She responded and Andy kept her in check by saying "Seaon 8".  He said it in a tone like it was a small reminder/warning to Sonja to keep things focused on the this season - not last.  

I'm surprised how little crap from past seasons come up on these shows.   Resentments and hurt feelings most go back years for some.  I'd wager that producers instruct the women to stay on task and focus on the here and now.

That's not a bad thing for all involved.  It keeps the story fresh for the viewers and could possibly be a good exercise for the women not to dwell in the past and that they need to make shit happen now/in the present to remain on the show.

• Love 1