Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I haven't seen any articles saying folks rolled with it.  If they did, might it be because Tom is in a position of power owning his company and being a top dog in is field?  The higher up and more powerful you get, the more cognizant you need to be of what's appropriate and what's harassment.  

Also, if Tom doesn't give a shit about what people think of his sexy wife, then why is Ericka so concerned about the the fallout of panygate in relation to those around him, which is what she stated was her big concern in HK.  

Agreed.  If this story is true, he is very lucky he didn't get hit with a harassment suit by someone in that room.  Seems to me to be a pretty tacky and stupid thing for a lawyer to do.  

• Love 9

I gotta say, I am still loving the soap opera dramatic camera shot of Rinna's face when Kim gave her back the bunny.  The only thing missing was Eileen in the background with her whispery "How dare you!" THAT would have been perfection!

• Love 18
9 hours ago, LydiaOhLydia said:

OMG Kim. Seriously? Returning the bunny, with an audience, reason being it's “bad energy”. HAHAHA. She only said bad energy, negative energy, not good energy 20 times. Repeat it enough times you might believe the lines eh.

Kyle repeating to everyone and Kim 'she's superstitious, see I don't think they understand how you are with superstitions' , etc.. Welp.. THATS KYLE ENABELING KIM. Kyle was verbally empowering Kim to accept her questioned behavior as 'OK', while trying to convince everyone else it is acceptable behavior because of Kim's beliefs..gnaw gnaw gnaw. She should have just kept shoving more fingers in her mouth until she choked on her wrist.

I personally like Kyle's character, I just don't like how her face contorts into mind control victim when Kim starts her shit.

Rhinna's the first one to produce real tears... that beats blubberin dry tissue eye presses.

Pretty sure I read someone post in the past how if they'd gotten that gift from Rhinna they'd return it to her. Hmmm perhaps Andy's crew does read these posts. For what it's worth STOP FILMING KIM. I'd rather watch Eileen fall asleep listening to Dorit.

I agree.  I cannot STAND KIM.  OMG, a person in her position would normally get a lot of understanding, but, OMG, she's annoying.  While she and Kyle fight so hard to prove to everyone how Kim is not., they FAIL. It's sad how Kim has gone downhill.  No matter how off base other cast members may be, Kim annoys me so much, that I still side with them against her.  Uggghhhh.....

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I gotta say, I am still loving the soap opera dramatic camera shot of Rinna's face when Kim gave her back the bunny.  The only thing missing was Eileen in the background with her whispery "How dare you!" THAT would have been perfection!

And the cheesy organ music.  Can't forget that!! :)

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Agreed.  If this story is true, he is very lucky he didn't get hit with a harassment suit by someone in that room.  Seems to me to be a pretty tacky and stupid thing for a lawyer to do.  

It was a dinner put on by the Italian American Attorneys society.  I don't think anyone would have a cause of action for showing something in poor taste.  My guess is the only sanction Blowhard Girardi suffered is no more Erika Jayne videos at Bar Association functions.  This was a party,  and Tom was the chair and elected to show an Erika Jayne video. 

Essentially the complaints were two-fold, the video is in poor taste, and members of California's highest judiciary were present.  So it just wasn't about how tasteless the video is/was but compounding it was people viewing it were sitting judges and justices.  Sort of a second hand embarrassment situation.

3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree.  I cannot STAND KIM.  OMG, a person in her position would normally get a lot of understanding, but, OMG, she's annoying.  While she and Kyle fight so hard to prove to everyone how Kim is not., they FAIL. It's sad how Kim has gone downhill.  No matter how off base other cast members may be, Kim annoys me so much, that I still side with them against her.  Uggghhhh.....

What bugged me the most about Kim, is starting down that path of Rinna having a good heart.  I can't think of any time Rinna has been even sympathetic to Kim, Brandi, Yolanda and her new found friends Dorit and PK.  So Kim earned her phony badge with that comment. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, dosodog said:

I broke down tonight.

Mexican Coca Cola in a glass.  With sugar. Not fructose corn syrup.

I haven't had one in 2 months.  I'm on such a sugar and caffeine high and I'm still calmer than Lisa Rinna. 

OMG.  Mexican Coke.  They sell it in Dubai too which cracks me up since I'm pretty sure our Cokes have sugar and not HCFS (can't verify since the ingredient label is written in Arabic). 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

OMG.  Mexican Coke.  They sell it in Dubai too which cracks me up since I'm pretty sure our Cokes have sugar and not HCFS (can't verify since the ingredient label is written in Arabic). 

High Corn Fructose Syrup 

15 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I think it was her face powder. I remember buying a something like it (blurs fine lines) and in every photo I looked like a blonde haired china doll. The light makes the face powder flash almost white. What a waste of $$$. :(

Lisa V has plenty of money to "waste". But her husband Ken, has that same tightly pulled skin look. IMO. I wish I could find a guy like Ken. He's so complacent and let's Lisa do whatever she wants whilst (a bit of "British humor" mates!) he tends to the animals!

I sure hope the final reunion episode has something more compelling to offer than Erika's missing panties and Dim Richards addictions. Even MY life is more interesting! Lol.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What bugged me the most about Kim, is starting down that path of Rinna having a good heart.  I can't think of any time Rinna has been even sympathetic to Kim, Brandi, Yolanda and her new found friends Dorit and PK.  So Kim earned her phony badge with that comment. 

I kind of agree with this. Kim made a statement in returning the bunny and should OWN IT! No backpedaling. Of course she had Kyle trying to mitigate in her ear. Sometimes I want to yell at Kyle "pick a lane". She should not have gone after Rhinna when she left either. And if she accepts that bunny from Rhinna next week I'm gonna be pissed! Call me coldhearted but I have zero sympathy for Rhinna. She is a phony nasty woman. Note her quick recovery after a little pep talk from Eileen and her refusal to talk to Kim when she followed her. She has been relentless in her attacks on Kim, Yolanda, Eden (none of whom do I care for), LVP and Dorit. I do not for one minute think she really cared that Kim didn't want her bad energy around her grandson. I wouldn't either. She simply saw it as a vehicle for her to try and garner a little sympathy after her reckless ugly behavior the last 3 seasons. She and her bunny need to go. (I do feel bad for the bunny though!)

• Love 10
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

So the coke made elsewhere has fructose corn syrup?  Never knew that.  I don't drink sodas, never have.  How do you get Mexican coke here?  This is all very strange to me.  Coke has a formula and I doubt that would change from country to country. 

Yep, sugar tariffs.  Thanks to a powerful farm lobbyists. It effects the chocolate too since it uses HFCS instead of sugar.

1 hour ago, Normades said:

I agree that Kim has made herself the subject of discussion by agreeing to be on this show.  I think it's detrimental to her recovery to have her sobriety and whether or not she has suffered permanent or long term damage from her addiction questioned.   Acute post withdrawal symptoms can last a long time, even if there is not permanent brain damage.  You don't have to take Dr. Phil or Joel Osteen's word for this, just look it up.  

For me, some issues are a bit heavy, but if you're comfy enjoy.   

My doctorate isn't in neurochem but a related field.  I've worked extensively with brain injuries in the past. A long history of alcohol abuse can lead to brain damage. Sometimes it is due to liver damage. Women are also more likely to show deficits (in particularly memory loss and blackouts). One disorder that can result from alcoholism is Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome (which results from the thiamine deficiency as a result of alcoholism). 

8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

High Corn Fructose Syrup 

Ah, good to know. It cracks me up that they will charge up to 40 dirhams for Mexican Coke and I can buy Middle Eastern Coke for 5 dirhams. 

• Love 4
Just now, Lady of nod said:

I kind of agree with this. Kim made a statement in returning the bunny and should OWN IT! No backpedaling. Of course she had Kyle trying to mitigate in her ear. Sometimes I want to yell at Kyle "pick a lane". She should not have gone after Rhinna when she left either. And if she accepts that bunny from Rhinna next week I'm gonna be pissed! Call me coldhearted but I have zero sympathy for Rhinna. She is a phony nasty woman. Note her quick recovery after a little pep talk from Eileen and her refusal to talk to Kim when she followed her. She has been relentless in her attacks on Kim, Yolanda, Eden (none of whom do I care for), LVP and Dorit. I do not for one minute think she really cared that Kim didn't want her bad energy around her grandson. I wouldn't either. She simply saw it as a vehicle for her to try and garner a little sympathy after her reckless ugly behavior the last 3 seasons. She and her bunny need to go. (I do feel bad for the bunny though!)

You are much kinder than I am.  To me it looked like one team got a chance to break the tempo and regroup.  It would be like a football team who is at the 20 yard line 3rd down and 10 yards to go, just waltzing off to the locker room and having a chat and a massage.   Rinna got to have her words about how she sees herself without any of the feedback the others are subjected to.  Once again Rinna stuck it to Kim.  I don't know why the return of the bunny was any different than Kim's repeated accusations of Rinna's insincerity.  Eileen and Rinna were so very overly scripted.  Their conversation doesn't even sound real.  It reminded me of the finale, after all the crap that went down with Erika, PK and Dorit, Eileen could not let things go, she had to comment on PK"s "inherently cold" comment as if he had told Erika  

Inherently cold is just not that big of a dig.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

You know, for how much I dislike Rinna for her verbal diarrhea and subsequent amnesia, I actually felt bad for her over the bunny thing. That was an asshole move on Kim's part. Rinna was truly hurt and I don't blame her for not wanting to talk it out with Kim. 

These two women just need to stay as far away from each other as possible.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There was no conflict in who the guests in attendance were and how it was uncomfortable having the video shown.  The Chief Justice, Ron George of the California Supreme Court was in attendance.  People didn't have to boo or get up and leave, it was in extremely poor taste.  I knew people at the dinner and this was long before RHOBH and Erika's introduction, it was not well received and other attorneys were really ticked off at Tom's display.

There is no shortage of egos in a room full of attorneys and at any time that room full of attorneys can consist of a fair number if not equal number of female attorneys.  LA is a big city filled with entertainers, the committee could have hired a really good less rancid performance.

I believe this account and posted this gist earlier this season.  Someone came and corrected me saying no such thing!   Thank you.  I find it fascinating that Tom would do this.  He is so proud to have a babe as his wife he could not contain it, I suppose.  What an odd man.  

• Love 7

Ah, good to know. It cracks me up that they will charge up to 40 dirhams for Mexican Coke and I can buy Middle Eastern Coke for 5 dirhams. 

Imported everything tends to be cost much more in this part of the world...

I will say, the best Coca-Cola I've had was the bottled kind in Europe.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

So the coke made elsewhere has fructose corn syrup?  Never knew that.  I don't drink sodas, never have.  How do you get Mexican coke here?  This is all very strange to me.  Coke has a formula and I doubt that would change from country to country. 

Worked for major food companies most of my life. They change formulas for countries all the time. Some countries have different rules and regulations. Believe it or not, we accept things in our food in this country that many other countries want absolutely nothing to do with. Yep, Mexican Coke is made with real cane sugar and you can taste the difference. The US version still uses HFCS, which I believe they will eventually stop doing (although they used cane sugar prior to the 1980's, so maybe they will stick with this much cheaper alternative).  And of course the Mexican Coke also seems like it tastes better because of the beautiful glass bottle. You can often get Mexican Coke in grocery stores that have a heavy penetration of speciality or Ethnic sections. It will cost you, though. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I believe this account and posted this gist earlier this season.  Someone came and corrected me saying no such thing!   Thank you.  I find it fascinating that Tom would do this.  He is so proud to have a babe as his wife he could not contain it, I suppose.  What an odd man.  

I posted the digest link and more importantly I remember hearing the story at the time as I knew people in attendance.  It was not well received just as an attorney's kid singing the national anthem off key would not have been well received. 

I guess what die hard Erika fans might not agree to is not all women feel they have to behave in Erika Jayne style to embrace their sexuality.  It certainly didn't work for her on Dancing with the Stars and it didn't work at the aforementioned dinner.  By the same token I don't have a problem if that is what it takes for Erika and her partner to make her embrace her sexuality.  With something as intimate as sexuality it feels odd to have various media and television personalities pumping the Erika Jayne personality as if women all need to pay attention and emulate Erika.  It is not a jealousy situation for me it is more of her routine is so far over the top and incredibly time consuming and expensive to have any appeal.

• Love 12

You can often get Mexican Coke in grocery stores that have a heavy penetration of speciality or Ethnic sections. It will cost you, though. 

In my part of the world, the specialty and ethnic sections usually include quite a bit of American products...and they do tend to be pricey...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Worked for major food companies most of my life. They change formulas for countries all the time. Some countries have different rules and regulations. Believe it or not, we accept things in our food in this country that many other countries want absolutely nothing to do with. Yep, Mexican Coke is made with real cane sugar and you can taste the difference. The US version still uses HFCS, which I believe they will eventually stop doing (although they used cane sugar prior to the 1980's, so maybe they will stick with this much cheaper alternative).  And of course the Mexican Coke also seems like it tastes better because of the beautiful glass bottle. You can often get Mexican Coke in grocery stores that have a heavy penetration of speciality or Ethnic sections. It will cost you, though. 

Pepsi offers a sugar rather than HFCS variety.  They used to call it "Throwback Pepsi", now I think it just says "real sugar" or something like that.  Not all stores carry it.  It sells for the same price as the other Pepsi products.  You can definitely taste the difference.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

My doctorate isn't in neurochem but a related field.  I've worked extensively with brain injuries in the past. A long history of alcohol abuse can lead to brain damage. Sometimes it is due to liver damage. Women are also more likely to show deficits (in particularly memory loss and blackouts). One disorder that can result from alcoholism is Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome (which results from the thiamine deficiency as a result of alcoholism). 

Thanks for your info!  This is exactly why I have a hard time with the sobriety suspicions, etc. toward Kim.  Even if she has not suffered permanent damage, she has not been sober (her word) for a long enough time period to be clear headed and make good decisions, in my opinion.  AA/NA urges addicts to abstain from relationships for a year for similar reasons.  I just feel like she needs someone to look out for her.  Unfortunately, I also think Kyle has been very damaged over the years by both Kim and Big Kathy, as was evidenced in her behavior at the bunny giving.  I saw someone who has had a lifetime of embarrassment and hiding from the acting out of an addict.  

I've had personal experience with these issues, so it makes me more sensitive and protective.  If I heard some of the comments directed at Kim directed toward someone I care about who is working so hard in recovery, I would need bail money.  But, I would deter that person from appearing on a tv show and thus being subjected to those comments.  It's just a big conflict.  I just can't kick someone who I feel is truly struggling.

• Love 6

It's pretty creepy to show a video of one's wife squirming around in thirsty desperation to colleagues - Tom and Erika really do deserve one another. ICK to both of them!!

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Imported everything tends to be cost much more in this part of the world...

I will say, the best Coca-Cola I've had was the bottled kind in Europe.

God, don't even get me started on how much I will pay for cereal. Or bacon. LOL.

7 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

In my part of the world, the specialty and ethnic sections usually include quite a bit of American products...and they do tend to be pricey...

What part of the world are you in?  I have to laugh because the "ethnic" foods is usually British and American imports here. 

4 minutes ago, Normades said:

Thanks for your info!  This is exactly why I have a hard time with the sobriety suspicions, etc. toward Kim.  Even if she has not suffered permanent damage, she has not been sober (her word) for a long enough time period to be clear headed and make good decisions, in my opinion.  AA/NA urges addicts to abstain from relationships for a year for similar reasons.  I just feel like she needs someone to look out for her.  Unfortunately, I also think Kyle has been very damaged over the years by both Kim and Big Kathy, as was evidenced in her behavior at the bunny giving.  I saw someone who has had a lifetime of embarrassment and hiding from the acting out of an addict.  

I've had personal experience with these issues, so it makes me more sensitive and protective.  If I heard some of the comments directed at Kim directed toward someone I care about who is working so hard in recovery, I would need bail money.  But, I would deter that person from appearing on a tv show and thus being subjected to those comments.  It's just a big conflict.  I just can't kick someone who I feel is truly struggling.

My grandfather was an alcoholic and as a result, none of his kids drink. They saw firsthand the damage it does. His alcoholism killed him though. 7 strokes in 6 months will do that to you. When it comes to my personal life, I have little to no tolerance with addicts but I also understand the neurochemistry of addiction and support them while they are sober. It is more the nonsense of the addict (think Kim and the limo) that I have no patience for.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It's pretty creepy to show a video of one's wife squirming around in thirsty desperation to colleagues - Tom and Erika really do deserve one another. ICK to both of them!!

Sounds like the colleagues need to loosen up that necktie a bit. "They're called boobs, ED"

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Martinigirl said:

Sounds like the colleagues need to loosen up that necktie a bit. "They're called boobs, ED"

Eh, there's a time and a place.  You should dress and act appropriately according to the situation.  I don't think it's appropriate to wear a miniskirt with cleavage hanging out or cut of shorts in a courtroom and I'll bet the judges at the event have admonished people for just that behavior.  This was (from what I read) an event with members of the judiciary of the state's supreme court present.  That should promote a bit of decorum.  Personally, an EJ video seems pretty inappropriate to me. 

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

You are much kinder than I am.  To me it looked like one team got a chance to break the tempo and regroup.  It would be like a football team who is at the 20 yard line 3rd down and 10 yards to go, just waltzing off to the locker room and having a chat and a massage.   Rinna got to have her words about how she sees herself without any of the feedback the others are subjected to.  Once again Rinna stuck it to Kim.  I don't know why the return of the bunny was any different than Kim's repeated accusations of Rinna's insincerity.  Eileen and Rinna were so very overly scripted.  Their conversation doesn't even sound real.  It reminded me of the finale, after all the crap that went down with Erika, PK and Dorit, Eileen could not let things go, she had to comment on PK"s "inherently cold" comment as if he had told Erika  

Inherently cold is just not that big of a dig.

Good point about regrouping and escaping from any negative feedback. And overly scripted is exactly what they are. I think Kim brings up the soap behavior in next weeks finale, and Eileen of course misses the point, whether intentional or not, and tries to turn it back on Kim. There is nothing real about Eileen behavior or way of speaking. She over acts everything - and that perpetual stink eye look on her face annoys me to no end. I think too many years on soaps have robbed her of any genuine feelings or reactions. She's always "on".

• Love 8
Just now, diadochokinesis said:

Cool.  I've lived in a couple of countries over here.  Dubai is my favorite, by far. 

Well, it is the most open and Western in the GCC, and one of more cosmopolitan ones, too. And one of the more efficiently run ones, too.

Do you watch Ladies of London? One of the women on that show now lives in Dubai.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Well, it is the most open and Western in the GCC, and one of more cosmopolitan ones, too. And one of the more efficiently run ones, too.

Do you watch Ladies of London? One of the women on that show now lives in Dubai.

Yeah, she lives about 5 minutes from me.  I looked up her husband's company.  It looks like he is into money laundering for Russia. 

I joke that the country I lived in prior to UAE was about 200 years in the past. LOL. I was very happy to leave that one. 

• Love 2

Money laundering for Russia? In Dubai? Impossible! lol

I'm in that country now...

12 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Maybe they needed some PK & Dorit Bathroom Party Favors?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

*cringe*

lisa-rinna-crying-1331478c-8558-4220-985

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

*cringe*

lisa-rinna-crying-1331478c-8558-4220-985

Do you honestly think that Lisa R. was acting on this scene?  Iol  I kind of did too.  I know the woman is horrible, but, for some reason, I can't dislike her the way that I want to.  lol  I really don't like her, but something about her still makes me want to see how she reacts.  And, I find her responses witty and amusing.  That's more than I can say about most of the other cast members.  I feel that way about Erika too.  The other just don't amuse me as much.  And KIm......just makes me sick. (Lisa V. used to be my favorite.  I think I grew weary of her for some reason.)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I think the bigger offense was subjecting the guests to Erika's singing.  Safer to say her squirming around.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Normades said:

I agree that Kim has made herself the subject of discussion by agreeing to be on this show. 

*snipitdeedoodah*

I shall and thanks much!

• Love 3

Do you honestly think that Lisa R. was acting on this scene?  Iol  I kind of did too

Depends on how good of an actress people find Rinna to be, I suppose.

I agree that Kim has made herself the subject of discussion by agreeing to be on this show.  I think it's detrimental to her recovery to have her sobriety and whether or not she has suffered permanent or long term damage from her addiction questioned.   Acute post withdrawal symptoms can last a long time, even if there is not permanent brain damage.  You don't have to take Dr. Phil or Joel Osteen's word for this, just look it up.  

Sober or drunk, Kim seems like she is an asshole either way lololol

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you honestly think that Lisa R. was acting on this scene?  Iol  I kind of did too.  I know the woman is horrible, but, for some reason, I can't dislike her the way that I want to.  lol  I really don't like her, but something about her still makes me want to see how she reacts.  And, I find her responses witty and amusing.  That's more than I can say about most of the other cast members.  I feel that way about Erika too.  The other just don't amuse me as much.  And KIm......just makes me sick. (Lisa V. used to be my favorite.  I think I grew weary of her for some reason.)

IMO I don't think Rinna could care less about Kim or her grandson or a dumb bunny. She saw an opening to ham it up, paint Kim as "mean" and Dorit as (insert random accusation), and grab some low-hanging pity points, so she went for it. She's a weird chick but made for reality tv. Thank god the show is only an hour long; staring at her lumpy, injected, swollen face very long hurts the eyes.

LVP was my fave but she's gone lame, I think she's promoted her restaurants as much as she can and is basically over this show. Kyle is Kyle, ever the trembling ingénue who refuses to accept that she's a middle-aged woman, but she's fun when she's not playing the annoying little sister act. Eileen is very nice and very considered, a bit of a phony with a witchy-face, and makes me want to drink tea and watch paint dry. Erika is just whatever, a hot mess who induces migraines. Dorit and PK, sigh. I don't have the strength for the sweaty, eager bourgeoisie with fake accents, a rented "mansion" and sketchy financials. 

If only we could vote people off at the end of the season. 

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, hecate2909 said:

I don't think you know "People" as well as you think.

Aren't you also on the Internet *rhetorical*, it just seemed like a slight to people on the internet ie: only THEY do THAT!

The poster I was responding to wrote:

"Erika obviously gives zero fucks about her reputation with Tom's colleagues. The other lawyer wives will be talking about this until the end of creation. Erika will never again be able to attend one of Tom's work events without the other ladies and gents staring at her crotch area and giggling."

So yeah, I think I do know "people" in the general sense and my example was just that -- and example of a similar situation. Maybe some wives will be talking about Ericka and maybe some will be staring at her crotch and giggling. Not all.

And yeah, I am on the Internet *not rhetorical* on a board created for the purpose of talking about TV and the people on it. Not really the same thing as a private party with "people" pointing and laughing.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, sarivon said:

The poster I was responding to wrote:

"Erika obviously gives zero fucks about her reputation with Tom's colleagues. The other lawyer wives will be talking about this until the end of creation. Erika will never again be able to attend one of Tom's work events without the other ladies and gents staring at her crotch area and giggling."

So yeah, I think I do know "people" in the general sense and my example was just that -- and example of a similar situation. Maybe some wives will be talking about Ericka and maybe some will be staring at her crotch and giggling. Not all.

And yeah, I am on the Internet *not rhetorical* on a board created for the purpose of talking about TV and the people on it. Not really the same thing as a private party with "people" pointing and laughing.

Well I kinda figured you were actually on the internet so that's a moot point, but to address what you actually said which was (paraphrasing) that people probably won't be arsed and so and so forth, well it seemed as if you were saying that people wouldn't be talking or gossiping irl because only keyboard warriors would, but if I read it wrong sweet, you know your intent more than I; your response still doesn't make me feel like I did read you wrong tho so...

(shrugs)

Edited by hecate2909
grandma
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There was no conflict in who the guests in attendance were and how it was uncomfortable having the video shown.  The Chief Justice, Ron George of the California Supreme Court was in attendance.  People didn't have to boo or get up and leave, it was in extremely poor taste.  I knew people at the dinner and this was long before RHOBH and Erika's introduction, it was not well received and other attorneys were really ticked off at Tom's display.

There is no shortage of egos in a room full of attorneys and at any time that room full of attorneys can consist of a fair number if not equal number of female attorneys.  LA is a big city filled with entertainers, the committee could have hired a really good less rancid performance.

I know people who were at that dinner, too, and  SOME didn't like the video, SOME rolled their eyes and SOME thought it was funny. Not a blanket reaction from the crowd.

Just now, hecate2909 said:

Well I kinda figured you were actually on the internet so that a moot point, but to address what you actually said which was (paraphrasing) that people probably won't be arsed and so and so forth, well it seemed as if you were saying that people wouldn't be talking or gossiping irl because only keyboard warriors would, but if I read it wrong sweet, you know your intent more than I; your response still doesn't make me feel like I did read you wrong tho so...

(shrugs)

I think my response is clear so....

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sarivon said:

I know people who were at that dinner, too, and  SOME didn't like the video, SOME rolled their eyes and SOME thought it was funny. Not a blanket reaction from the crowd.

I think my response is clear so....

Then I was reading you right.

It's all good!

18 hours ago, chewycandy said:

If you believe she was proudly announcing it to shock, then you believe that. But it doesn't make it fact.

Of course not. Everything is opinion.  But, I'm having a hard time understanding why she would say it.  I've gone sans underwear. Granted, I've never been asked if I had a spare set of undies, but I can't imagine my response would be anything other than "nope".  Okay, maybe a "nope" along with a WTF look. Maybe Erika wasn't thinking and just blurted it out.  Who knows, I just found it odd.

Look, Erika can react however she wants to the situation. I'm sure she was embarrassed. I know I would be embarrassed, yet I just can't see myself completely losing my shit over it. .  I would accept part of the responsibility and move the hell on.  It's not victim blaming, it's realizing that is a risk one takes when going sans knickers.  And, the last thought that would ever enter my mind is that people viewed me as a whore.  My mind just wouldn't even go there.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa's hand was not up Erika's dress, she touched the hem of the dress and nothing more! This was not a "set up", how was anyone to know that Erika would leave the house without underwear on? Did Mikey call production and tell them? LOL

I'm sorry, but I really wish the implication that LVP put her hand up Erika's dress would die.  Either post a damn video where Lisa literally puts her hand up Erika's dress or let it go. If she did it, then that would be assault.  

• Love 14
17 hours ago, wings707 said:

We have it here in TX. It's delicious.  In fact, we can get most Mexican sodas (Dr. Pepper, 7Up) here, and they are all made with cane sugar. I think Coke came out with a pure cane sugar brand, but I read it's not much better than the corn syrup variety. It has a green label, but can't remember the name.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 4

I posted a "damn video" a page or so ago. Guess what. She said "I don't have any." Lisa said "Kyle needs some underwear." And that's what Erika said. Right there. In the clip.

So no, Erika didn't say anything more than she didn't have any, not that she wasn't wearing any.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, wings707 said:

There were conflicting reports on that.  One said, which I believe, was closer to the truth. It said his colleagues rolled with it. It was a more informal gathering that once reported.  Liquor flowed and no one was shocked.   He owns his successful company, is top dog in his field and  does not give a shit about what others think about his sexy wife. Some may envy it. 

She is his toy and delight.  He has millions, skilled in his career and does not care what anyone thinks.  He is delighted that he has such a sexy, young and crazy wife.  

Someone (Zoeysmom?) posted the complaints from several lawyers who attended. I think it was in the Erika thread.

It may seem like many people rolled with it at the time, so as not to rock the boat. Particularly women attending a function where the majority are men.  It is very apparent that several attendees were not happy.

9 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I posted a "damn video" a page or so ago. Guess what. She said "I don't have any." Lisa said "Kyle needs some underwear." And that's what Erika said. Right there. In the clip.

So no, Erika didn't say anything more than she didn't have any, not that she wasn't wearing any.

Are you replying to me? If so, I was talking about posting a video of LVP putting her hand up Erika's dress.  Here is what I said: 

I'm sorry, but I really wish the implication that LVP put her hand up Erika's dress would die.  Either post a damn video where Lisa literally puts her hand up Erika's dress or let it go. If she did it, then that would be assault.  

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

are you replying to me? If so, I was talking about posting a video of LVP putting her hand up Erika's dress.  

Yeah, I understood that. To your statement that you wouldn't reply anything other than nope, that's what Erika did as evidenced in the vid.

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Yeah, I understood that. To your statement that you wouldn't reply anything other than nope, that's what Erika did as evidenced in the vid.

Gotcha!  I guess it was open to interpretation.  Thanks for the video. Not the one I was requesting, but still appreciated. I was more concerned with the accusations of assault against LVP.

• Love 7