Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Matchmaking Special / S05.E02: Wedding Prep; Weddings

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Funny... I adored Sonia, and my S/O did not.  He said she was too needy.  Now I agree with him. 

That was my impression as well! All that "does he find me attractive" insecurity. She was not my favorite.

But then she grew on me. Sonia really put in the work. Nick just drank and got nasty. It infuriated me that the experts encouraged her go back to Nick when she was uncomfortable living with him. That mentality is what keeps women in bad relationships hoping the man will change. How many times did he need to hurt her? Once was enough. She was a grown woman with a good job and a good head on her shoulders. She gets to decide which situations are a no-go. Here you have a strong woman saying "this guy is going to hurt me again, I'm out". And "experts" saying "aww honey, he said he's sorry". Run along back home. Bah!

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

he offered to upgrade to that gorgeous house and she very happily accepted.  

That was a gorgeous house! I even liked the furniture - still surprised they allowed pets!

• Love 1

Okay, so I must have missed the wedding prep episode? I watched the weddings (well half way through that episode). I like Ashley and Anthony together and I'm neutral about Danielle and Cody. I love Shelia but dislike her husband  and his dad seems like a bad dude.

• Love 2

And we're off! Liking these couples more than last season, we'll see how long that lasts. 

Watching the different dancing styles at all of the receptions reminded me of an old Dennis Miller joke about the time he went to a Black wedding ha!

Poor Nate, his dad was acting up at the wedding and it looks like its mom's turn next from the previews.

Once again the commentary from the matchmakers is completely obvious and useless.

It always makes me roll my eyes when some of them act like sex is out of the question this soon as if getting MARRIED isn't. I mean go at your own pace but miss me with the modesty. Sex is a part of marriage (hopefully) not to mention something people do with strangers all the time. So you just legally bound yourself to this person, but have sex with them?! Oh no that is totally out of the question lol.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Negritude said:

It always makes me roll my eyes when some of them act like sex is out of the question this soon as if getting MARRIED isn't. I mean go at your own pace but miss me with the modesty. Sex is a part of marriage (hopefully) not to mention something people do with strangers all the time. So you just legally bound yourself to this person, but have sex with them?! Oh no that is totally out of the question lol.

People do have sex with strangers all the time - but hardly ever stay with them. That's the point. They're marrying STRANGERS, as the Show keeps reminding us. Some things should be given a little time. Yes, they are legally married, but if they treat it like it's a drunken hookup, that's all it will be and it won't last. Ask Monet and a few of the others.

The marriage is a legal technicality at this point. The head knows they're married, but the heart doesn't. They have to wait for the heart to catch up if they want it to last.

• Love 14

If the people on MAFS were completely honest about getting married (there's a good amount of fame whoring), they might be more willing to "consummate" as the show likes to put it. I imagine that there would also be some other factors involved.

• Producers constantly asking them about sex, which takes the privacy out of it.
  • Most of the women and some of the guys are not sexually attracted to their spouses right away.
  • The participants aren't one-night stand types.

I don't know about the later seasons too much, but in S1, one couple got to it right away, another waited until the honeymoon and the last waited until after the show was over.

Edited by ketose
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, okerry said:

People do have sex with strangers all the time - but hardly ever stay with them. That's the point. They're marrying STRANGERS, as the Show keeps reminding us. Some things should be given a little time. Yes, they are legally married, but if they treat it like it's a drunken hookup, that's all it will be and it won't last. Ask Monet and a few of the others.

The marriage is a legal technicality at this point. The head knows they're married, but the heart doesn't. They have to wait for the heart to catch up if they want it to last.

True, I guess my point is that marriage on a whole is a huge step, every aspect of it. Moving in together and all the rest. The cherry picking and singling out sex as the thing that you won't rush into just seems like false modesty.

As far as treating it like a drunken hookup, to me that ship's already sailed when you're standing at the altar talking about "Hi, my name is..." with a camera crew filming the whole thing. Like I said, go at your own pace and I'm not advocating that they should have sex if they don't want to. I just chuckle at the whole "I'm a nice girl and nice girls don't do that" vibe that comes across sometimes.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Yes...but some fans are deaf.  :-)  

A transcript would be nice....

I wasn't trying to take away from those fans. Just talking about why they did it. I love that they get passionate enough about silly shows like this and Hollywood game night to set a whole show around it. Sorry for those that it creates a dilemma for. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Negritude said:

True, I guess my point is that marriage on a whole is a huge step, every aspect of it. Moving in together and all the rest. The cherry picking and singling out sex as the thing that you won't rush into just seems like false modesty.

As far as treating it like a drunken hookup, to me that ship's already sailed when you're standing at the altar talking about "Hi, my name is..." with a camera crew filming the whole thing. Like I said, go at your own pace and I'm not advocating that they should have sex if they don't want to. I just chuckle at the whole "I'm a nice girl and nice girls don't do that" vibe that comes across sometimes.

There is no should in these cases except the participants should go at the pace they feel good with.. Go by your own feelings. There is no rule book here or in life. For some sex or finding out compatibility in the bedroom is a immediate must do. Some people don't have the hang ups others do. Some people feel a quick connection and want to act in that feelings. Sometimes it will work for you and sometimes it won't. People throw out surveys and this that and the others but it will always come down to what you want to do. In reality, all if this probably too fast. So, you might as well do what you feel. You've already done something that isn't the smartest idea for going about marriage as is.

• Love 1

There was a man at Ashley's parents' house when she went to make the announcement.  I think it was the same guy that, at the wedding while waiting for the bride, one of her relatives  said you "better live up to him.."    I; think that is Ashley's sister's husband?  He looks quite similar to Anthony!  Prhaps that is why Ashley finds him attractive.  Apparently he's a great guy..good father, husband, etc.    

Anthony isn't model handsome but he's a decent average looking guy. Sure, all great if he's some gorgeous vision,  but that's where picture fail us.  I would hope we all know people with sexy, attractive personalities that a picture can never depict.  

Danielle , to me is what I call average pretty.    I still think we get so accustomed to perfect glamour and beauty with anyone on TV.  I saw pics of so many celebs before their plastic surgery.  Most were quite pretty but very 'girl next door pretty'.  The enhanced cheekbones, the fillers, the lips, the perfected nose,--even when done well-- turned them into something unreal.  Glamorous but very doll-like phoniness that might be hard to put your finger on unless you've been that route yourself. (Then I think it's easier to recognize the "ms potato head" tricks.  yet I'm not against plastic surgery)  

These are average people.   I don't think the majority of these players are 'fame whore' types.  I do believe them when they say the dating world is hard and it does appear you have several marriage-able  people.. they seem normal and decent--who cannot find a mate.   For me, it would be an adventure even if it doesn't last.  Roll the dice.  It's exciting.  

In the past I think we did have fame-seekers, reality show seekers--no matter what kind, and some who I think just wanted/needed the stipend money. And I don't doubt there is at least ONE here.  

My constant cynicism growing up took the fun out of so many things.  I see some red flags but for the most part i'm going to ride on the romance til it stops. 

• Love 4

I can remember several times, in the course of my dating life, meeting a guy that was personable but not particularly attractive, but three weeks later, I began to see what a great smile he had, what nice eyes, and whatever other thing about him that I now loved. Loving someone makes them better looking!

• Love 14

Got through to the tail end of the weddings ...

Nate doesn't seem to think God exists during bachelor parties. His mom feels he's not ready for commitment. He was saying something about he'll 'try' at the wedding, regarding the marriage. He was too intense during the wedding; he seems a bit immature to me at this point. I see some red flags with them, but agree that Sheila is all in & will probably stick it out. I hope he doesn't hurt her; she seems genuine.

The fathers were ridiculous. I was considering it contrived drama, but I guess we'll see.

Never an orgasm... what does she mean, specifically? Never with men or never at all? Not my biz but she brought it up on TV, so now I have to try to stop wondering. My guess is this is a 'will be continued'.

Loved it when Cody mouthed "I love dogs" to Danielle during the ceremony when it was mentioned she loves her dogs. He must've watched last season & was reassuring her he won't need hypnosis.  However, they seem awkward together so far, to me.

I agree Anthony & Ashley seem promising.

So, it's an interesting start to this season.

• Love 3

Late to the party here but seriously 3 and a half hours is a LOT of show to process all at once!  Forgive me if this has all been talked to death already!

I love how the show kept announcing that 1/3 of their couples across all seasons are still together.  I suppose when they filmed this that might have been true but don't tell me they didn't have time to change it in time for it to air.  I suppose changing it to 1/4 doesn't sound so good, LOL.

I'm not buying that Nate is as religious as he says he is.  Again with a black guy that has player vibes.  I hate the way this show seems to find people that fit negative black stereotypes.  The "she's my queen" stuff was just so stereotyped and tacky like he was a kid trying too hard to come off like a devoted, mature guy.  I was trying not to prejudge him but those sandals Dr. Pepper found in his trunk told the story.  I felt sorry for him when his father got drunk and made an ass of himself.  Way to ruin things for your son and his new bride, dad. It's probably for the best that his mother raised him alone.  His father screamed "low life" while his mother was certainly severe and no prize, but at least had some class.  Clearly dad was just there to be on TV. 

So now a major plot line of the season will be Nate constantly telling us how his major mission in life is to give his new "queen" her first orgasm.  What a great "conquest" for him to make, right up his alley I suppose.  Vomit, that's TMI, even for today and even on this show!  And I don't get how at her age she hasn't had one yet.  Even if she is not experienced sexually she could always take matters into her own hands so to speak.  But again, I don't even want to have to know about this!

Danielle is reminding me of a cross between Sam and "Stashley" from Season 3.  She gives off ice queen/stiff vibes and is another one fresh off a long term relationship that doesn't know what she really wants.  She doesn't strike me as having much self awareness, or taste if her hair piece is any indication.  Oh, and here's a dietician whose favorite food is pizza, LOL!  Love it!  I suppose as a fitness enthusiast, her favorite activity is couch surfing, LOL.

Now not only is the poor grammar of the participants getting to me with the constant "Me and my mom, me and my brother, me and my friends" references, but even the wedding vows themselves are not grammatically correct.  The correct answer to the the way the officiants phrased their questions should be "I will", not "I do".  OK, perhaps this is a minor nitpick to some, but not to me.  If they wanted them to answer "I do" they should have phrased the questions differently.  Oh but why should anyone care what a few old farts who had a real education think anymore?

I don't think these younger guys being matched with older women bodes well for the success of those relationships.  They may think that at 25 or 26 they're very mature and ready to settle down, but I think otherwise.  Perhaps that was true of earlier generations, but not theirs.  In their age bracket the older women out-mature them by a mile and it's a recipe for disaster, IMO.

Anthony is the least attractive man this season, and not evenly matched with Ashley, although he seems pleasant enough to make up for it with his personality.  He might grow on me if he turns out to be a nice guy.  But dude seriously needs to get out of the past,  the "wet head" has been dead since the 1970s.  Plus his beard was trimmed unevenly.  Ugh.  Ashley's biological clock is going off so loudly it's making him look like Prince Charming to her, though!

• Love 6
On 4/20/2017 at 10:26 PM, okerry said:

Not sure what Danielle's background is but she and her mother both look Italian, Greek, Native American, something - while he's got a whole family of Vikings sitting there. Sometimes that doesn't work so well for a marriage, where you're trying to combine traditions and create a family. We'll see. They just look and feel very, very different.

I didn't get that impression, mostly because her father's last name (DeGroot) is Dutch and both families seem very American culturally to me.  I think the major difference might be a country mouse/city mouse kind of clash.  Coming from a farm outside the city, Cody may be more of a "just folks" kind of guy while Danielle seems like more of a Starbucks and Whole Foods type.  We'll see!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

.  So are they paying double rent for two months in addition to the security deposit and moving expense? Some of the places are furnished. If not, do they rent, or buy new stuff? Seems like an expensive proposition. I wonder if the show picks up any portion?

The show picks up the rent of the new place.

4 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Now not only is the poor grammar of the participants getting to me with the constant "Me and my mom, me and my brother, me and my friends" references, but even the wedding vows themselves are not grammatically correct.  The correct answer to the the way the officiants phrased their questions should be "I will", not "I do".

Oh, yes- this! Every single wedding, the officiant would ask, "will you cherish... blah blah blah...  as long as you both shall live?" and the answer would be "I do".  No, no, no!!

I'm sure we'll be hearing all season, "things are going good with Danielle and I..." and I will be here gnashing my teeth to stumps.

• Love 8

Anthony's dream: "Flashlight" and "A"= Not only the light shining on  "A" for "Ashley"; it's also "(Fl)ASHL(ight)."

I like this couple a lot, but agree with others that Anthony needs to lighten up on the pomade!

Speaking of hair: I was hoping Danielle would trim her bangs and the length of her locks! 

In general:

A & A: Ashley seems enamored. Maybe she knows she's lucked into a man who, while not being an Adonis, can smooch well, can bend her in a romantic dance move, can cook, wants children, and thinks she's gorgeous. And is also a paisan! :-)

Country Mouse Cody and City Mouse Danielle (tm Snarklepuss): IMO, he's too much younger. But maybe they'll operate the gym together and live happily ever after---as long as Cody agrees to make the 60-mile trip back to Chicago every now and then for Danielle's culture fix. 

Nathan and his Queen Sheila: Hey, baby, what's happening? The Sweetness rolls trippingly off his tongue. And while it might be unfair to judge a man by his family......JEEZ LOUISE! In any case, Nate is too slick, too fast, and too not ready. I'm not convinced that God is his wing-man. Oh, and Sheila? "TMI"---Look it up in your school library. Embrace it. 

Looking forward to more episodes and more of y'all!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 13

One thing I know, I am glad I went to college and did not become a stripper. That poor girl on Anthony's bus was basically the only chick surrounded by 12 drunk guys and had to twerk for him in her underwear on national TV. Geez. 

• Love 4

Hello hello again....I didn't watch the first episode(s) until last night since the task of dealing with 3 1/2 hours with any of these people is a daunting task.  Though I managed to get through it by doing something the editors seem to refuse to do...actually edit.  I ended up wearing out my remote control's fast forward button and watched both episodes in about 30 minutes.  Not for anything else, but the show is now becoming formulaic in its approach and production. 

As far as first impressions go....I thought it was interesting to pair a dietician with a gym owner however the fact that he is 25 and she is 30 makes me fearful for them.  That's a pretty big gap for those ages and genders....ten years down the line not so much but that's just one more obstacle for an arranged marriage that happens to be televised.  I think that most of the participants during the course of the show got into this for the wrong reasons or are just flawed for marriage to begin with.  I mean, if you feel that your only hope in marriage is to let a reality show do all the heavy lifting for you, then you are probably not ready for marriage.  Case in point is Ashley...it feels like she literally did the math in her head 'So since I am not dating anyone now, I would need to meet someone, date them, fall in love, engagement, marriage, wait a year-ish and then I can reach my only goal to have a baby.  By then I would be.....gasp 33!!!!!!!! An old maid!!!!! F*** it, I can get this done by the end of the year if do this reality show'. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Dieticians tend to be into fitness as well. It's not such a big deal to invest money into fitness wear. 

idk ... I think its just her being a city girl ... Ive known  quite a few dieticians who were overweight and regularly ate chips and soda in their offices ... I believe that a good chunk of dieticians tend to work in settings where people have to be on special dialysis or diabetic diets (or other kinds of diets for people with certain conditions) as opposed to the idea that they are all these "fitness queen" types ... 

On another note, maybe its just me but I thought that Danielle looked very pretty in her wedding ensemble. Is Cody a Mormon ? I thought they mentioned that. if so, then it better not be an issue or else I will stop watching this show. (Different faiths with an arranged marriage ....). Cody and his family do look super squeaky clean Mormon in a good way. I do think that the only way for this show to redeem itself would be for Danielle to hook up with Cody's twin and make a MAFS porno. (I know, sick). 

Ashley is very nice but she comes on pretty strong when she meets Anthony. The way she keeps saying how she wants kids yesterday does make me feel like she is just desperate to be married AAP. 

A 5 year age difference where the bride is older is not going to work out in MAFS. Sheila seems like a very very nice, sweet girl. Nate seems like ... idk. His dad was wearing a sideways ballcap at his sons wedding...... okay, enough said. Maybe there werent enough black men applying to be on this show and Sheila probably requested to marry a black man ... did Sheila mention that she has "never had an orgasm"? I mean, WHOA - that is some pretty personal stuff to say on national TV ! Thats a VERY awkward way of saying you are a virgin - so now we know she has never mastur***** either ? Good lord. 

I like how all the couples on this season are so much more chilled out than the previous seasons, and everybody is giving their partners a chance without real complaints as of yet. Nobody seems to have over the top expectations too. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jamblastx said:

Hello hello again....I didn't watch the first episode(s) until last night since the task of dealing with 3 1/2 hours with any of these people is a daunting task.  Though I managed to get through it by doing something the editors seem to refuse to do...actually edit.  I ended up wearing out my remote control's fast forward button and watched both episodes in about 30 minutes.  Not for anything else, but the show is now becoming formulaic in its approach and production. 

As far as first impressions go....I thought it was interesting to pair a dietician with a gym owner however the fact that he is 25 and she is 30 makes me fearful for them.  That's a pretty big gap for those ages and genders....ten years down the line not so much but that's just one more obstacle for an arranged marriage that happens to be televised.  I think that most of the participants during the course of the show got into this for the wrong reasons or are just flawed for marriage to begin with.  I mean, if you feel that your only hope in marriage is to let a reality show do all the heavy lifting for you, then you are probably not ready for marriage.  Case in point is Ashley...it feels like she literally did the math in her head 'So since I am not dating anyone now, I would need to meet someone, date them, fall in love, engagement, marriage, wait a year-ish and then I can reach my only goal to have a baby.  By then I would be.....gasp 33!!!!!!!! An old maid!!!!! F*** it, I can get this done by the end of the year if do this reality show'. 

Yes, and did anyone else hear Ashley say at some point that she had been married once before? ?   If so, maybe she didn't want to go through all that trouble of finding, courting, planning, etc.

• Love 1

I'd be surprised if Cody is Mormon & agreed to do this without a specific faith in mind; that seems like it would be a conflict. Danielle doesn't seem faith oriented at all, so far.

I also wondered about the pizza comment. My general practitioner doctor is also an RD & licensed nutritionist & I don't think pizza is in her vocabulary. She's very crunchy though.

Cody & Danielle were talking about her friends - was he thinking a set up for his brother? He's not even out of the start gate with Danielle so that's a stretch to say the least. He should definitely leave his brother to his own love life - his is no where near figured out yet.

I didn't mind Danielle's head piece but then I like a bit of a boho look, but it didn't seem placed properly or securely. It kept slipping, & seemed like she or someone kept fixing it & it messed her hair.

I also hope Ashley isn't being driven by her intense feeling for kids & loud bio clock.

Nice to see so many familiar screen names again here!

• Love 4

I do hope that thoughts from current social media reports or spoilers aren't going to seep into opinions expressed here.  Right now I am going with what I see on the show.  Reading (for example)  "my cousin's BF used to work with so-and-so and she was a high maintenance B" or reading that they found bodies in someone's  basement covered in wax-melts on SM can color one's interpretations and sharing of what is shown today-- even if that is never expressed directly.   

I'm not on SM for the show and don't go over to spoilers until the writing is on the wall or I'm fed up with the show.  

I'm not referencing anyone here.  Just from past seasons it has happened and often I don't realize where these opinions come from so early on until I get over to spoilers.  

• Love 3

I fell out when Anthony gave Ashley almonds and she gave him football tickets and his friends were rightfully clowning him over giving her five damn almonds. (I’m allergic to nuts so I couldn’t even eat them!) At least he had sense enough to be like “ … Oops.” While I don’t find him attractive, Anthony is a good catch: good job, wants marriage and kids, can cook, and has a pleasant personality. Ashley strikes me as the kind of woman who just wants to be married and who she marries doesn't matter, especially now that she's 30. She also might like that she's more conventionally attractive than Anthony.

Nate and Sheila are doomed. He’s too young and immature for her – all his “build my empire,” queen stuff sounds very young, and she seems to be in that “everything else is together” place that a lot of women find themselves in (at least in my circles!) where the only thing missing is a partner. I feel like he’s going to expect her to build him up a lot, and she may not be interested in helping him grow up. There's a lot of "me, mine" in his statements - "MY queen, I'm ready to build MY empire," but he doesn't seem to have factored in what it's like to be married to a person with her own goals and desires. I feel sorry for her never having had an orgasm. Everyone should have regular orgasms, solo and coupled!

I loved Danielle’s wedding dress. I’m skeptical though. There’s a big difference in maturity between a 26-year-old guy and 30-year-old woman. Not saying it can NEVER work (I know a couple with that age split who got together when he was in his 20s, and they've been married a dozen years), but it tends to show at those ages. I love cities and would not consider living on anybody's farm, so that would be a huge issue for me. 

Danielle's favorite food being pizza didn't give me pause - just because she loves it doesn't mean she eats it all the time, and she might be an "everything in moderation" dietician. 

Of the three couples, I think Nate and Sheila are the best match looks-wise. Ashley and Danielle are more attractive than their husbands, IMO.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I didn't get that impression, mostly because her father's last name (DeGroot) is Dutch and both families seem very American culturally to me.  I think the major difference might be a country mouse/city mouse kind of clash.  Coming from a farm outside the city, Cody may be more of a "just folks" kind of guy while Danielle seems like more of a Starbucks and Whole Foods type.  We'll see!

I could believe Danielle's father is Dutch, but her mother has got to be Hispanic, Greek, something. They don't look to be an even match, either, as far as looks or culture. Such things are interesting to me because I've been around some couples who were from entirely different cultures and it's usually a huge disaster. Or I'm just a shallow bitch, lol.

• Love 2
On 4/20/2017 at 7:16 PM, topanga said:

The sociologist and the pastor actually repeated the same sentence, word for word. Something like, "If these marriages don't work out, there's no annulment. They'll be headed to Divorce Court." 

Yep.  I started watching, realized that basically they were simply repeating the same "expert" script and i am out.  It is too SERIOUS A RESPONSIBILITY to watch becaue no matter what happens THESE PEOPLE'S LIVES WILL BE CHANGED.  It is not as if THEY ARE DATING!!!!!  These are LEGALLY BINDING MARRIAGES and the pressure is just too much.

• Love 4

Re: the almonds, I am a sentimental fool.  I would rather get five almonds than diamond earrings or ... from a stranger I was marrying.  

The almonds and story tell you more about Anthony than a traditional gift would.  I thought it was sweet.

Loved Danielle's headband.  

Edited by Jellybeans
added one more comment
  • Love 3

People, people, people! Am I the only one of Italian heritage herein?!

The Wedding Tradition of 5 Almonds:

"ITALIAN WEDDINGS--- Five almonds signify five wishes for the bride and groom: health, wealth, happiness, fertility, and longevity. These almonds decorate each place setting as favors, tucked into pretty boxes or tulle bags called *bomboniere* that are often personalized with the couple's names and wedding date."

http://www.candywarehouse.com/resources/the-wedding-story-of-jordan-almonds/

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Re: the almonds, I am a sentimental fool.  I would rather get five almonds than diamond earrings or ... from a stranger I was marrying.  

The almonds and story tell you more about Anthony than a traditional gift would.  I thought it was sweet.

Loved Danielle's headband.  

He did say he had another gift he was giving her later too. So its not just that he gave her almonds but like you I think its something that was better then diamond earrings (or should I say the crown). Its not like he just gave her 5 almonds but a note explaining it as well. 

10 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't know if you are the only one but I can say I am not. Yet I didn't find a problem with the gift considering the thought behind it all. I had loved her mom joking to not eat the fertility one right away. 

2 hours ago, seasick said:

I do hope that thoughts from current social media reports or spoilers aren't going to seep into opinions expressed here.  Right now I am going with what I see on the show.  Reading (for example)  "my cousin's BF used to work with so-and-so and she was a high maintenance B" or reading that they found bodies in someone's  basement covered in wax-melts on SM can color one's interpretations and sharing of what is shown today-- even if that is never expressed directly.   

I'm not on SM for the show and don't go over to spoilers until the writing is on the wall or I'm fed up with the show.  

I'm not referencing anyone here.  Just from past seasons it has happened and often I don't realize where these opinions come from so early on until I get over to spoilers.  

I am not on SM at all. I know I read that section throughout the season and know at times in past seasons its leaked over in ways. I think Atlanta was the worse though for that. I think the harder part with last season was separating the episodes with the Confessions and Unfiltered (even though I didn't watch those). Because they were played along with it as they were and how it showed some of them in a different light at times with what they would say it was harder to keep it apart from how they were in the episodes at times. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I had loved her mom joking to not eat the fertility one right away. 

I liked that too.

I think the whole gift giving thing is kind of silly. How do you get a gift for someone you've never met? I have a hard enough time figuring out what to get people I gave birth to!

The almonds were cute. I am Italian, and I totally get it. They would have been good attached to something a little more substantial though.

• Love 6

I am happy this disaster of a show is back.

I just can't with the experts and all the repetitive clips, so I skipped to the weddings episode, fast-forwarded to the moment the groom saw the family of his bride, and then watched from there on out.

I think Anthony has enough physical traits in his favor (height/good teeth) that if she finds his personality attractive, she could become physically attracted to him.  She seemed to be happy about him so far.

I don't know why this show uses guys in their mid-20's.  I wonder why they can't get guys a bit older?

• Love 2

I think the age difference could work if it's the right people/right time.  Maybe if the guy was 30 and the girl 35 or so.   I must be blind, but I didn't think that Ashley or Danielle was too out of their respective spouses leagues.  They seemed evenly match.   Nate's head just seemed sorta round and his face makes me go bleh, maybe because I am getting such strong poser vibes from him and that's one thing I can't stand.   He seems to be the most into himself.  It's way too early to make a #freesheila hash tag, but I'd be down for it.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hockeymom said:

I liked that too.

I think the whole gift giving thing is kind of silly. How do you get a gift for someone you've never met? I have a hard enough time figuring out what to get people I gave birth to!

The almonds were cute. I am Italian, and I totally get it. They would have been good attached to something a little more substantial though.

I don't get the whole gift thing either...more so because they are strangers but then heck I don't think one needs to spend a ton on a wedding either. I do wonder if we will see the other gift he said he had for her in the next episode or if they just skipped out on that. 

1 hour ago, roseslg said:

I think the age difference could work if it's the right people/right time.  Maybe if the guy was 30 and the girl 35 or so.   I must be blind, but I didn't think that Ashley or Danielle was too out of their respective spouses leagues.  They seemed evenly match.   Nate's head just seemed sorta round and his face makes me go bleh, maybe because I am getting such strong poser vibes from him and that's one thing I can't stand.   He seems to be the most into himself.  It's way too early to make a #freesheila hash tag, but I'd be down for it.  

I agree with you on all points. Yet the age difference can not work then or even older. As you said it just comes down to the right people and time. With these matches though its just not right from what we have seen so far. I think more so with Nathan and Sheila then Cody and Danielle. He has done nothing but show his immaturity and that he wasn't ready to be married or even in a serious relationship. I do think that Ashley and Danielle are matched pretty well with the men in the looks area. I am not understanding where some are thinking Ashley isn't attracted to Anthony either. She seemed like she was from the get go. From what was being said and how she was with him it seemed she was happy so far with her match. I think we have to remember when watching that we have no clue what each person's tastes in a partners looks and personality really are. As well as just because we may not find them to be attractive doesn't mean the person they were matched with doesn't....well unless they basically come right out and say so. LOL Then with some they start talking and the attractiveness can disappear quick or certain behaviors come out that do it for one as well. Just as sometimes once someone's personality starts to shine through you see them in a different light and become attracted to them. I do think that this season though, when it comes to the looks department, they are all pretty evenly matched there. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Dieticians tend to be into fitness as well. It's not such a big deal to invest money into fitness wear. 

As a former dietitian, I'll respectfully disagree with your statement. In fact, I worked for one who would have qualified for a consult with Dr. Nowzaradan. Anyway, I didn't say it was a big deal to invest in fitness wear. It was just the statement that Danielle, as a dietitian, should "dress the part."  

6 hours ago, Matias130 said:

did Sheila mention that she has "never had an orgasm"? I mean, WHOA - that is some pretty personal stuff to say on national TV ! Thats a VERY awkward way of saying you are a virgin - so now we know she has never mastur***** either ? Good lord. 

haha... why won't you spell out masturbate?!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

"ITALIAN WEDDINGS--- Five almonds signify five wishes for the bride and groom: health, wealth, happiness, fertility, and longevity. These almonds decorate each place setting as favors, tucked into pretty boxes or tulle bags called *bomboniere* that are often personalized with the couple's names and wedding date."

We had these at our wedding, 33+ years ago. So I guess it's a good tradition.  :)

3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Well, thanks for that Lennie.  I'm married a long time to an Italian and never knew there was a story like that.  I always wondered about those almonds whenever we went to a wedding on his side.  Never thought there was a meaning to them.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I love how the show kept announcing that 1/3 of their couples across all seasons are still together.  I suppose when they filmed this that might have been true but don't tell me they didn't have time to change it in time for it to air.  I suppose changing it to 1/4 doesn't sound so good, LOL.

Hmmm maybe that is a clue that 2/3 of them will work this season! Wonder which ones. 

On 4/21/2017 at 11:57 AM, okerry said:

Well, to be fair, I think everybody is set up to fail and they've done a spectacularly lousy job with pretty much everyone, lol. And remember, they do have Pastor Calvin on the selection committee so it's not entirely white.

I think the real problem here is that when the Show puts out a call for participants, they get 10,000 women and three men. They've also said that it was very hard to find a black man willing to marry a black woman At First Sight (I'm just the messenger here.) I wouldn't mind an interracial couple at all, but maybe the Show feels they should go with a black couple whenever they can find one. So the show will be criticized for that either way.

Nathan and Sheila seem to have as much of a chance as anyone else we've seen on this show, and maybe more. Drunk Dad is totally fake and just a guy auditioning for more TV gigs.

I would love to see more black women open themselves up to dating non-black men, both on this show and in real life. Statistically, marriages between black women and white men have the second highest success rate of any pairing, both inter and intra racial marriages included. And black men arent very successful with anybody, so it's always interesting to me when they make declarations about who they will and won't be with. That's another story though.

So I suppose once Shelia was chosen, Nate was probably the pick of the litter in her demographic. That's depressing as hell. 

Like most, I found him slick and disengenuous, but we'll see what happens.

Ashley seems like she'll be overbearing. It's just a vibe I get. 

Danielle and Cody seem pretty evenly matched to me, but I didn't see a lot of chemistry.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

I would love to see more black women open themselves up to dating non-black men, both on this show and in real life. Statistically, marriages between black women and white men have the second highest success rate of any pairing, both inter and intra racial marriages included. And black men arent very successful with anybody, so it's always interesting to me when they make declarations about who they will and won't be with. That's another story though.

So I suppose once Shelia was chosen, Nate was probably the pick of the litter in her demographic. That's depressing as hell. 

Like most, I found him slick and disengenuous, but we'll see what happens.

I think it's more frowned upon for black women to date outside their race.  My husband is white, I've dated all sorts of folks, I really do mean all sorts and I settled with the one who matched me best.  My aunt  had this guy who was really into her, treated her well, but she didn't want to go out with him or be seen with him (mainly because he was white).  She kept him at arms length, but kept on dating these losers who would cheat on her, or were married, or who were just shady as fuck because they were black.  Needless to say she's still single and her boyfriend is some married dude who lives hours away.   

I hope I'm wrong about Nate (sorta).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Hmmm maybe that is a clue that 2/3 of them will work this season! Wonder which ones. 

They were talking about the past seasons. This season was being filmed while last season aired so not sure if its a clue or not. Yet so far we aren't starting out with the crapfests we have in the some past seasons. Yet I see many of us are getting the same vibe from Nate though.

2 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I think it's more frowned upon for black women to date outside their race.  My husband is white, I've dated all sorts of folks, I really do mean all sorts and I settled with the one who matched me best.  My aunt  had this guy who was really into her, treated her well, but she didn't want to go out with him or be seen with him (mainly because he was white).  She kept him at arms length, but kept on dating these losers who would cheat on her, or were married, or who were just shady as fuck because they were black.  Needless to say she's still single and her boyfriend is some married dude who lives hours away.   

I hope I'm wrong about Nate (sorta).

I will say that this goes for all races it seems though. I have known white women that don't date outside their race and ended up with nothing but shitty men. I think if some were able to open themselves up to more options they might find a good guy/girl out there for them. Then there are those that just may never find anyone because they are so bitchy/douche. I've known someone like that as well. I know sometimes we just are not attracted to certain races though too. Heck some seem to just be attracted to bitchy/douche types. LOL

• Love 1
On 4/21/2017 at 5:34 PM, ketose said:

The orgasm thing is likely to be a big issue for the show. I'm guessing that Nate is fine with her never having an orgasm until it becomes she's never had an orgasm with him. But it could be anything from Sheila not ever trying all the way to her being wired in a way where it's difficult to impossible. With most things MAFS, focusing on this can only be bad.

Considering Sheila's profession, it was concerning to me that she revealed TMI for the students to absorb!!  What business is it of anybody, no less children who are supposed to look up to her as an "authority figure" , to know about her sex life???  Also, with Nate portraying himself as a "stud" he'll likely use Sheila's revelation as an invitation to move right in and remedy that situation pronto!!  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, okerry said:

I could believe Danielle's father is Dutch, but her mother has got to be Hispanic, Greek, something. They don't look to be an even match, either, as far as looks or culture. Such things are interesting to me because I've been around some couples who were from entirely different cultures and it's usually a huge disaster. Or I'm just a shallow bitch, lol.

On Twitter, Danielle said that she's 50% Italian so I'm guessing her mom is Italian. Ashley also said she's 50% Italian (her dad's side). If the experts were just pairing based on common culture, wouldn't both women have had an equal chance of being paired with Anthony (Mr. "I'm 100% Italian") ?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Gobears said:

On Twitter, Danielle said that she's 50% Italian so I'm guessing her mom is Italian. Ashley also said she's 50% Italian (her dad's side). If the experts were just pairing based on common culture, wouldn't both women have had an equal chance of being paired with Anthony (Mr. "I'm 100% Italian") ?

Actually, just from what we've seen on teevee, Ashley & Cody and Danielle & Anthony might have worked better. 

• Love 2