Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Matchmaking Special / S05.E02: Wedding Prep; Weddings

• Start Topic

Dr. Pepper Schwartz, Pastor Calvin Roberson and Rachel DeAlto must find three compatible couples that will not meet until their wedding. This in-depth exploration of the matchmaking process introduces the experts, experiment and the candidates.

-----

In the Season 5 premiere, the experts match three couples who have two weeks to prepare for their marriages. In the second-half of this combined episode, the six singles meet their new spouse at their wedding as they vow to legally marry as strangers.

I know a lot was edited out, but it bothered me that the experts focused on superficial things like both having a good career or both liking outdoor sports. Those things  can make people compatible, sure, but I want to know how the candidates feel about things like fidelity, how to fight fairly, and what it means to emotionally support your partner and to be supported yourself. 

But, yeah, I'm gonna watch this season. 

I hate the previews, though. They show entirely too many scenes about important issues the couples will face: arguments, one wife taking off her ring, etc. I'll try to skip those from now on. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I almost missed the start of the new season! One of my snark worthy shows to be sure. I love the idea of having a live chat too.

Where is the the live chat..twitter? 

8 minutes ago, willgracefan said:

Early prediction:  Ashley and Anthony will stay together after the eight weeks. The other two couples don't have a chance in hell. 

I liked what the experts had to say about them.  They sound compatible.  I could NOT sit thru "these are Real marriages..blah blah every 3 minutes so I had to FF thru the interviews and get to the 'chosen ones'.

If I  recall in the past their little explanations made things sound great ..but then when I look back... So many I thought "Why in the hell..?    

Now it's time for me to actually meet these people.   Next episdode coming up 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Those 3 "experts" drive me crazy because they say the same things over and over,episode to episode and season to season!

The mod will have to set up a live chat here week to week.

The sociologist and the pastor actually repeated the same sentence, word for word. Something like, "If these marriages don't work out, there's no annulment. They'll be headed to Divorce Court." 

I think everyone is really attractive. I hope the husbands and wives like each other...

Edited by topanga
  • Love 3
Just now, hoosiermom said:

We have to be closet watchers!

Deal... just have to hope he's busy since it's a one tv house :(.  

I'm here for the drama.  

How do you write vows for someone you don't know? 

• Love 1

Ashley is very pretty. But did she just say her parents have been together for 33 years and never got married??

Miss Fitness just got out of a 7-1/2 year relationship and now wants to marry at first sight. Great.

Glad they cut the player loose.

Ashley is way more attractive than Anthony. No. I'm calling it now. Just no. The Italian thing ain't going to be enough. He'll adore her at first sight and she'll want to run away.

Cody & Danielle - maybe. They're both pretty cute and both outdoorsy. We'll see.

Nathan & Sheila might find religion enough to keep them together. And they're about equally attractive. Again, we'll see.

So far, these people don't look like the howling nut cases we've been seeing. And I didn't hear the "experts" talking about how each person is going to fix their partner and make up for deficits. Good. I keep hearing about how much the couples have in common. Well, it's a start!

Danielle, please get those bangs out of your eyes. Literally. You're giving me flashbacks to that real lunatic a season or two ago - the one with the wax melts - 

Anthony, it would help if you washed the Brylcreem out of your hair. It looks awful.

Cody and his brother are both cute. They seem way too good-looking and normal for this show. What gives?

So far, no one seems to live on a bus. That's good!

Maybe the Show finally learned that for MAFS, the audience really isn't tuning in for the train wrecks. There are other shows for that. On this one, we want to think it's real and could really happen. We're looking for Romance here, not disasters with losers like we've had for pretty much all of the seasons except the first one.

good lord . . . that cake . . . I wanna see it!

Okay, so the church people are doing penis cakes and lap dances . . . seems legit . . . 

(ha, I'm so there for the Prison Break movie)

Sheila looks very pretty as a bride.

Ashley is almost prettier as her natural self. Never mind, she's gorgeous either way. Anthony's gonna be happy and she's gonna wilt like Jamie Otis.

Danielle is  a bit overdone IMHO.

okay, Show, we get it. Everybody's nervous. Stop dragging it out so darn much.

Danielle, that headband is smashing your hair flat and is not helping.

Cody. What a cutie. He must be gay. Or something. Too good for this show. He and Ashley might have made a pretty couple, too.

oh, my god . . . you mean . . .they're marrying STRANGERS?

Danielle is reminding far too much of Wax Melt Crazy from before.

oh, fun! Drunk embarrassing inappropriate relative at the reception!

So, we get two episodes back to back? Thank you, Show!

Danielle's hair is looking worse by the minute. Sorry, if you're reading this. Pretty smile, though.

Not sure Cody's into her. She likes him, though. And his family's got nothin'. No way on this one. She'll be crushed but he's not feelin' it.

Not sure what Danielle's background is but she and her mother both look Italian, Greek, Native American, something - while he's got a whole family of Vikings sitting there. Sometimes that doesn't work so well for a marriage, where you're trying to combine traditions and create a family. We'll see. They just look and feel very, very different.

• Love 8

I feel like the most drama will be with the black couple.  Haven't learned all the names yet, the whole stripper thing and his "christian" behavior as well as the living with his goddamn brother is just waaayyyy too much ish.  Girl, run like your tampon string is on fire.  Also, that crown was tacccccccccky!!

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, topanga said:

I know a lot was edited out, but it bothered me that the experts focused on superficial things like both having a good career or both liking outdoor sports. Those things  can make people compatible, sure, but I want to know how the candidates feel about things like fidelity, how to fight fairly, and what it means to emotionally support your partner and to be supported yourself. 

They always seem to focus on things like that sadly and never the real things that would make couples work out and what each person is really looking for in a partner. 

33 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Those 3 "experts" drive me crazy because they say the same things over and over,episode to episode and season to season!

The mod will have to set up a live chat here week to week.

27 minutes ago, topanga said:

The sociologist and the pastor actually repeated the same sentence, word for word. Something like, "If these marriages don't work out, there's no annulment. They'll be headed to Divorce Court." 

This is so true! Even when they brought the 2 newer ones in, nothing changed. The script stayed the same stupid bs crap as it had been before. Its a joke and has been for awhile now. 

okerry, LMAO thanks for all that. I got a good laugh from your play by play thoughts. 

18 minutes ago, okerry said:

And I didn't hear the "experts" talking about how each person is going to fix their partner and make up for deficits. Good. I keep hearing about how much the couples have in common. Well, it's a start!

With this though, it will come I am sure. It seems it always does at some point from the so called "experts". LOL

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2

I was going to skip this season but they are in my hometown Chicago.  Cody is from Genoa,IL. I have friends who live there, I'll have to ask them if they know him. 

I skipped the first two parts with the experts and getting ready for the big day because this show drags everything out waaaay too much.

I think the main drama will be with Sheila and Nathan. And their parents. His dad wore a baseball cap to the wedding? 

Interesting the guys are younger than the women.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 5
Just now, Evil Queen said:

1 minute ago, Evil Queen said:

okerry, LMAO thanks for all that. I got a good laugh from your play by play thoughts. 

ha, you're welcome! That's why we need live chat!

2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I was going to skip this season but they are in my hometown Chicago.  Cody is from Genoa,IL. I have friends who live there, I'll have to ask them if they know him. 

I skipped the first two parts with the experts and getting ready for the big day because this show drags everything out waaaay too much.

I think the main drama will be with Sheila and Nathan. And their parents. His dad wore a baseball cap to the wedding? 

Interesting the guys are younger than the women.

And he said his mom raised him alone, so the dad's just there to get on tv...He couldn't take the cap off?  

• Love 10

I'm a little behind you guys--the brides are just now about to walk down the aisle. 

Everyone looks good. Danielle looks like the love child of Ariana Grande and Kathy Najimy. But she's still cute. 

Wow. so many celebrity look-alikes. Sheila's dad looks like the late actor Bill Nunn.

Danielle's Dad looks like Tom Skerritt. 

Ashley's dad looks like a popular character actor--I can't think of his name, but he plays a lot of cops and military men. 

The black lady at the wedding with the gray cornrows sounds like MaDea. "Maybe that's the brother." LOL

Edited by topanga
  • Love 4

Why does everyone sound so shocked that they are now married. News flash: you guys signed up for this show! 

Uh oh! Is there going to be a MAFS first? Fathers beat down at their children's wedding reception? Geesh! 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

His dad wore a baseball cap to the wedding? 

Two guys on his side of the room wore baseball caps. Not to dis Nathan, but what the heck kind of country/ghetto/whatever relatives does he have in his family?????

• Love 15

That Cody and Danielle (gym owner/nutritionist) are adorable.  I'm not even at the part where they meet at the altar and I predict they will have 6 kids and move out to that farm and live happily ever after.  

Ashley/ Anthony could have a real chance.    Nate and his wife..not looking good At All.  He still comes off as kind of 'street and slick'.  A lot of swag under that religious hyperbole.    Make me barf for a what--red? penis cake?  Poor girl.  She didn't seem too into it.  I like her though.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, topanga said:

Two guys on his side of the room wore baseball caps. Not to dis Nathan, but what the heck kind of country/ghetto/whatever relatives does he have in his family?????

I was going to post earlier and say his family looked sort of ratchet, so thanks for being braver than I was ;).  

She looks like she's wondering what the hell shes gotten into.  Someone upthread mentioned his slickness and that's what I get too.  I think they are at different stages in their lives.  Also, HE LIVES WITH HIS BROTHER!!! Is he his caretaker?  The flags are red and waving.

• Love 10

Nathan & Sheila seem about evenly matched, but I can't tell if they actually like each other. He's saying all the right things, but it's almost too good.

please tell me the jerk in the ball cap is not Nathan's father - never mind

good god, Anthony, you are not that cute and that hideous rough beard only makes it way worse - couldn't you at least shave?? Your bride's gonna be runnin' after Cody's big brother.

I'm thinking maybe Sheila is a virgin. Respect to her if she is, but Nathan better be understanding.

Danielle, now you just look like a mess. Lose the headband and get a brush, stat. I love hair jewelry - Ashley's is gorgeous - but this is not working.

Ol' Dad's tryin' his best to start a fight - doesn't he know everybody hates this whole situation? He seems to think he's the only one. Nope! He's got plenty of company. They could all drink together and commiserate. Maybe he'll figure it out.

Sorry but Cody and Danielle have no chemistry. They're just weird looking together. Especially trying to dance.

Nathan & Sheila look nice together. Maybe. If Daddy don't end it first.

Maybe Ashley likes Anthony. But the greased hair, the crappy beard, the big nose and the tiny eyes are just not a good look. Anthony, you CAN do something about two of those.

Flashback: It would be hilarious to pack the wedding room with a bunch of people made up to look like hideous cretins, and see what the brides/grooms think when they first see the "families." Cause you know they're looking to get an idea of what their spouse will look like.

Is Dad like this at every family gathering? Or just when it's televised?

yeah, that was hysterical fun Dad - looks like an actor trying to get a gig

Maybe Danielle's mother is Middle Eastern, while her father is white. (I'm really not a racist - just curious. The cultural differences can cause real problems because backgrounds/traditions will come up eventually and Cody's family looks like they're from somewhere completely different.)

If that headband slides down any farther, it's going to be around her neck.

Sheila, do *not* have sex with him tonight. Especially if it really is your first time. Not if you really do want this to last.

Danielle, you're gonna get kicked to the curb, too. You're drunk & horny, just like (dang, what's her name from the first season - Monet!) 

Girls, this is not a date. This is supposed to be permanent. So wait at least a little. Trust me on this. Too bad the experts never talk about this.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, roseslg said:

I was going to post earlier and say his family looked sort of ratchet, so thanks for being braver than I was ;).  

She looks like she's wondering what the hell shes gotten into.  Someone upthread mentioned his slickness and that's what I get too.  I think they are at different stages in their lives.  Also, HE LIVES WITH HIS BROTHER!!! Is he his caretaker?  The flags are red and waving.

He gave his brother a place to live when he didn't have one. That's the opposite of a red flag in terms of behavior. The issue is that they don't even know each other and she now has to get to know both of them and enter a completely different dynamic then she could have planned for. 

I already got tired of hearing the way Anthony is being talked about even if it's low key. The experts were basically saying over and over that Ashley is gorgeous and Anthony...has a great personality. He's not attractive. Leave the guy alone. He's not a ogre up there. People are way too shallow these days. I'm glad Ashley isn't.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, roseslg said:

The 17-year-old brother lives with Nathan, but I didn't catch why. Maybe he was just trying to escape the ball-cap-wearin', wanna-be actor Dad.

• Love 8

It must be said - Sheila's hair is giving me Romulan vibes. I like her, but Nathan's kisses made me cringe. Too much. And if they make it, it certainly won't be thanks to his parents.  I felt bad for both of them. Compared to the way the other couples' families got along, their reception just looked painful and awkward. Dear Dad was not funny and I'm pretty sure the beginning of his speech was not a joke. I don't know about Nathan. Wouldn't put my money on them.

Anthony and Ashley are so cute. I hope they make it.

Really like Cody and his very Midwestern accent. No opinion on Danielle. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 5

Actually able to watch it tonight while its on......UGH that Rachel and her stupid questions they asked. We could do without that stuff really. She needs to get some different makeup because some of those scenes with her it is just not good. There was a comment made by her and Pepper about matches that was basically saying they would want to match for the wrong reasons. I can't remember exactly what was said because I got side tracked but it was an eye roll moment each time. They did bring up age to at least one that we saw but you could tell from it they were pushing how they were going to probably match her to a younger guy and younger than she is probably ok with. And I would love to see what the real numbers are on applications. I feel like we hear the same number each season..could be wrong but it just feels like it. They really seemed to be pushing that they are background checking for all different kinds of past issues (criminal, debt, etc).

I can't remember her name but one of the girls they spoke to would have been a good pick for the show but she was to "normal" for it and didn't seem like she would have had some drama to bring to it like they seem to want. I agree that one chick is giving off major Sam vibes. I swear she made a comment (which I can't remember) that really screamed another Sam type personality. I am hoping she isn't but I am still on the matchmaking episode right now. 

They said they are matching Anthony and Ashley because they are Italian and the whole extrovert/introvert bs. UGH Nathan and Sheila are matched because of religion. Danielle and Cody because of him owning a gym and her being a dietitian. SMH 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2

O.k., so finally the experts didn't pick nut jobs.  A step in the right direction.  Why put 2 guys younger in?  I don't think Nathan is ready for marriage .. And why would experts pick someone who's brother is going to live with them?   What bride would want that?  And that obnoxious Father of Nathan's.  Wow! .. trouble ahead.   Ashley and Anthony mesh well together.  Hope they make it as they both seem easygoing.  I loved the two and a half hours so we didn't have to wait a week to see the wedding.  Too many commercials, but I still love this stupid show.  Oh, and I would have matched Cody & Ashley together.

• Love 5

The first of what will be many cringe-moments for me -- Sheila, who works for a school district, chatting about her lack of orgasms. I don't need to know that!

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 10

Coming attractions show trouble in paradise--of course-- but I do like to see that Anthony pushes back.  He's seems a quiet type and Ashley seems a little bossy (her mom's the boss too so not meant necessarily badly) but she doesn't want a pushover.  

I cannot imagine anything going south with Cody and Danielle--he is so damn cute and her--well I never saw her interview but she seems sweet too.  Cody does seem a little virginal to me and often those types want to have sex 5 times a day.   That could be what she's complaining about.  

The whole "my queen" and "my kingdom' thing is so cheesy (Nate)  he comes off as bullshit.  Hate to put the Dad stink on him but.. yeah.  His mother is a bitter pill too.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Drunk dad. Geeze. It's like they look for those kinds of things when vetting these potential couples so there will be drama no matter what.

How exactly could they even possibly foresee what happen in terms of the drama they got. It seemed like it was kind of surprise that he made it. I don't even think he will be around much to cause trouble. The bride's dad though. He will be the drama jackpot.

• Love 2

OMG Pepper and how she is moving her head, yapping as she is on things with that smug ass look is making me hate her more then I do already...if only it could be smacked off her face. I wish they would stop with the this one will think this one looks good and the one they are matched with will just love their personality crap. I feel like we could do without all the stupid in between 2cents that the "experts" have to throw in. 

Good thing with Anthony so far is he can cook. OMG the chick for his party....eeewwwww The wake up scene with Ashley was so badly done with her fake sleeping and them coming in to get her up. His almonds gift with the note seems sweet enough. I like how they joked not to eat the fertility one right away. The back tattoo....couldn't cover it on the wedding day? Other than that she looked ok but she looks like she always stands weird most the time. So far they seem to be the best match for each other. The little kids at the wedding were super cute! 

Sheila comes off as if she is trying to be another Vanessa....heck she even has the same dog. She gets matched with a dude working at a car rental agency.....SMH Sorry but I don't think I would have picked him since he had shoes of some ladies in the trunk of his car. Why would you be messing around if you are applying for this show and supposedly going to take it seriously because you want to be married? Why does his brother life with Nathan and not their mom? Why would the stupid "experts" think Sheila will be ok with this and think it shows he is a great guy? Yes it doesn't mean he is a bad guy but it doesn't mean he is a great guy either. I thought he said he was raised by his mom. Which I assumed meant dad wasn't in the picture growing up or at least not much. OMG he wants at tux that makes him look "god" like. LOL Him saying that just kind of sounds like he has a big ego. Talking about how he is a ladies man too with his little nickname he has for himself too...wow...SMH Wow the penis cake....trashy. Then look how the guys were with the stripper.....eeeewwww Could he please stop saying "my queen" and "my kingdom"? seasick, glad I am not the only one see bs there. The crown...omg really dude come on now. Lord Donia, yeah that kind of job and talking about that on tv...hell even being on this kind of show with a job in a school district....seems a risk to me. Wow baseball caps at a wedding.....SMH His dad is something else....sorry but that isn't cool how he acted at all to start up his speech like that or how he came dressed. I think Sheila handled his mom pretty well considering how she is about this. I am not seeing them lasting though at this point.

Not liking Danielle's hair piece. I just don't care for those kind that wrap around the head like a sweatband. I do like her dress though. It was one of the pretty ones we have seen in all these years. I like how Cody looked for her mom like he did so he could introduce himself. I wouldn't be surprised if the wait they had them going through was producer driven. Telling her to wait and not telling those inside what is going on. UGH Rachel with her they share similar traits...well what traits? Then how she thinks they will have fun...its not all about fun times though. I liked how he told her right there after meeting that she was beautiful. What was up with her hair piece and veil though? Its like it was all pushing down in her hair and failing or something so it was not making her look good at all. The bow thing was sweet. The dance was awkward for sure. I don't see it there with these 2 so far but we shall see as the show goes on.

With the crap we saw with the parties it makes me wonder what we didn't see from them and how much of it couldn't air on tv. LOL I can't remember all the past ones but is this the most trashiest ones we have seen in one season or what? 

I wish they wouldn't make them write vows for this. They don't know each other at all so why do that to them. As well as why not talk to each person about the wedding night when they tell them they are matched. Discuss with them about holding off on the sex part of things so they can take the time to get to know each other more and not rush into that part of things. Which of course they never will though because it would give Pepper and Rachel nothing to talk to them about since they push the sex part of things all the time. *rollseyes* I hope these couples don't rush into that part of things though. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Why does his brother life with Nathan and not their mom?

They may have different fathers? Half brothers seem more likely to me, given their dissimilar features and body types. I'm sure the story will be wrenching and we'll hear all about it in detail. Not right away, though! Much like Tom's bus, Nathan's keeping that in his pocket as a nice surprise.

The pastor's emphatic statement that the experts aren't there to find supermodels made me snort. Don't expect them to match you with the type of person you've never dated in your entire trifling life.

The two age differences are yet another indication to me that the ACTUAL (as opposed to hyped) pool of applicants was not that large. Neither couple seemed pleased when they found out.

Three hours of bloat but fast-forward is my savior. Still, I was grateful we got through all the weddings this time instead of having to wait a week. It's right to the honeymoons next time, which are always my favorite episodes.

Predictions: I think all three may bone consummate their marriages right away. My early guess for long term success is Ashley and Anthony. I thought it could easily go the other way, but Ashley somehow finds him attractive and they got along well enough to start. (In case you hadn't heard, he's 100% Italian. ONE HUNDRED! And he loves to cook! Packaged spaghetti with sauce! Get back to me when he tackles sushi.)

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 9

Starting this season with a lot more hope than I had in past seasons.  They all seemed to be attracted to each other, and everyone seemed to know what they wanted.  No 20-something women expecting to marry a Jonas brother.

Ashley may not have been blown away by her first look at Anthony, but as soon as the pastor said he loves kids and is so involved with his nieces his stock went up exponentially; Ashley seems to understand that a 6' build and muscles aren't the only sexy qualities a man can have.  They each have lots of friends and family and they were headed in the same directions even before they met.  I think he's just what she asked for, and hopefully she's smart enough to appreciate it.  I think he'd adore her forever, and he'd get endlessly more attractive as they continue down that road.

Sheila and Nathan seem like a great fit at surface, but she really seems to have the bar set low for someone who seems like a real catch.  She was almost in tears imagining that anyone on earth could possibly be waiting for her at the end of that aisle.  (Side note: I enjoyed her friend's "You better accept your blessings, girl!" about her X-rated cake- which looked delicious through pixelation, and I'm not ashamed to say I would have had two slices.)  Sheila's parents are very supportive, though her father comes across as a bit egocentric... but Nathan's family, there's something up there.  The mother "can't do this"..?  The father with constant side-eye to his son's new in-laws?  His parents are both alive and seemingly in good health, yet the 17 year old brother is under 25-y/o Nathan's guardianship?  Nah.

I liked Cody the best of the applicants we saw; not the judge and jury here, but potentially the best-looking groom this show has given us.  Very calm and collected aside from that "This is fucked up" (which I want to assume he didn't say aloud in front of the entire congregation?) while he was waiting for his bride.  Danielle, though, calls herself a tomboy but seems sort of high-maintenance at first impression.  She kept insisting her father was having a hard time seeing his only daughter MAFS, but dude was fine.  She's a dietitian and he's a gym owner, yes, but he lives 60 miles outside of the city and she likes walking her dogs downtown and wearing $70 yoga clothes.  (*To be fair, I may just really hate headbands across the forehead and people who love them.)     

• Love 15

During matchmaking special, I thought I heard them say they had a success record of 1/3 of all the couple from previous seasons?? According to my calculations...this is a blatant lie. Did anyone else hear that?? I'm doing the math in my head and 1/3 of 12 is not 2.

• Love 7

During matchmaking special, I thought I heard them say they had a success record of 1/3 of all the couple from previous seasons?? According to my calculations...this is a blatant lie. Did anyone else hear that?? I'm doing the math in my head and 1/3 of 12 is not 2.

Three couples from the previous seasons are still together. This may have been filmed before the Sonia/Nick divorce announcement. So now it is 1/4.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I did a double-take when I heard that as well.  They claim something like a 33% "success rate".  No way can that be true, but then again, define "success", LOL!!!

Drinking word for this episode:  "QUEEN"

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Three couples from the previous seasons are still together. This may have been filmed before the Sonia/Nick divorce announcement. So now it is 1/4.

Ah, yes. I forgot to account for the timing. But still, it's only 2 out of 12, correct?

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I liked Cody the best of the applicants we saw; not the judge and jury here, but potentially the best-looking groom this show has given us.  Very calm and collected aside from that "This is fucked up" (which I want to assume he didn't say aloud in front of the entire congregation?) while he was waiting for his bride.  Danielle, though, calls herself a tomboy but seems sort of high-maintenance at first impression.  She kept insisting her father was having a hard time seeing his only daughter MAFS, but dude was fine.  She's a dietitian and he's a gym owner, yes, but he lives 60 miles outside of the city and she likes walking her dogs downtown and wearing $70 yoga clothes.  (*To be fair, I may just really hate headbands across the forehead and people who love them.)     

$70 yoga clothes are more middle of the road.  Lululemon and PranaWear and Sweaty Betty are all higher than that.  And my new fave is APL  https://www.athleticpropulsionlabs.com/womens/athletic-apparel.html (not that I own any of that).  Just saying, if it's your job, then you dress for it. I don't think it makes her high maintenance, per se, there could be other things that indicate that. 

I liked all the couples, but then, I usually do.  The age differences may be too big for those women to forgive.  But for now, I'm hoping that things work out for them.

• Love 1

OMG Pepper and how she is moving her head, yapping as she is on things with that smug ass look is making me hate her more then I do already...if only it could be smacked off her face. I wish they would stop with the this one will think this one looks good and the one they are matched with will just love their personality crap. I feel like we could do without all the stupid in between 2cents that the "experts" have to throw in. 

Good thing with Anthony so far is he can cook. OMG the chick for his party....eeewwwww The wake up scene with Ashley was so badly done with her fake sleeping and them coming in to get her up. His almonds gift with the note seems sweet enough. I like how they joked not to eat the fertility one right away. The back tattoo....couldn't cover it on the wedding day? Other than that she looked ok but she looks like she always stands weird most the time. So far they seem to be the best match for each other. The little kids at the wedding were super cute! 

Sheila comes off as if she is trying to be another Vanessa....heck she even has the same dog. She gets matched with a dude working at a car rental agency.....SMH Sorry but I don't think I would have picked him since he had shoes of some ladies in the trunk of his car. Why would you be messing around if you are applying for this show and supposedly going to take it seriously because you want to be married? Why does his brother life with Nathan and not their mom? Why would the stupid "experts" think Sheila will be ok with this and think it shows he is a great guy? Yes it doesn't mean he is a bad guy but it doesn't mean he is a great guy either. I thought he said he was raised by his mom. Which I assumed meant dad wasn't in the picture growing up or at least not much. OMG he wants at tux that makes him look "god" like. LOL Him saying that just kind of sounds like he has a big ego. Talking about how he is a ladies man too with his little nickname he has for himself too...wow...SMH Wow the penis cake....trashy. Then look how the guys were with the stripper.....eeeewwww Could he please stop saying "my queen" and "my kingdom"? seasick, glad I am not the only one see bs there. The crown...omg really dude come on now. Lord Donia, yeah that kind of job and talking about that on tv...hell even being on this kind of show with a job in a school district....seems a risk to me. Wow baseball caps at a wedding.....SMH His dad is something else....sorry but that isn't cool how he acted at all to start up his speech like that or how he came dressed. I think Sheila handled his mom pretty well considering how she is about this. I am not seeing them lasting though at this point.

Not liking Danielle's hair piece. I just don't care for those kind that wrap around the head like a sweatband. I do like her dress though. It was one of the pretty ones we have seen in all these years. I like how Cody looked for her mom like he did so he could introduce himself. I wouldn't be surprised if the wait they had them going through was producer driven. Telling her to wait and not telling those inside what is going on. UGH Rachel with her they share similar traits...well what traits? Then how she thinks they will have fun...its not all about fun times though. I liked how he told her right there after meeting that she was beautiful. What was up with her hair piece and veil though? Its like it was all pushing down in her hair and failing or something so it was not making her look good at all. The bow thing was sweet. The dance was awkward for sure. I don't see it there with these 2 so far but we shall see as the show goes on.

With the crap we saw with the parties it makes me wonder what we didn't see from them and how much of it couldn't air on tv. LOL I can't remember all the past ones but is this the most trashiest ones we have seen in one season or what? 

I wish they wouldn't make them write vows for this. They don't know each other at all so why do that to them. As well as why not talk to each person about the wedding night when they tell them they are matched. Discuss with them about holding off on the sex part of things so they can take the time to get to know each other more and not rush into that part of things. Which of course they never will though because it would give Pepper and Rachel nothing to talk to them about since they push the sex part of things all the time. *rollseyes* I hope these couples don't rush into that part of things though. 

I am starting to wonder about whether these fakaility shows deliberately play into racial stereotypes and in thise case, set up the black couples to fail. It just seems that they do a spectacularly lousy job with black couples...and how about setting up an interracial one for once? Sheila and Nate are such an obvious mismatch that I don't see how that happened. These white people who match them up seem to have focused on a whitesplaining view of "Oh, they're both religious, they must both go to a church like the one James Brown was pastor for in 'Blues Brothers 2000'" -- to the exclusion of all other considerations.

I was glad to see Ashley give Anthony a chance. I thought he was kind of "Meh" at first but he does have a really nice smile and personality-wise, he reminded me of the kid who married Saiorse Ronan in "Brooklyn". I tend to be kind of shallow about looks myself, especially reprehensible since I am no great beauty (fortunately I am 62 and too old to care anymore; I was married to a very handsome and good guy until he died). So given how pretty she is, I was happy she wa sat least able to fall for his perfect teeth.

Cody seems like a real gentleman -- and savvy enough to know that in this situation, courting the mother is as important as courting the bride. Or he's a charming sociopath. ;-)

I liked Danielle's headband. It was very pre-Raphaelite and reminiscent of the early 70s, when brides married in Gunne Sax dresses.

Sheila's dress was gorgeous. She has a Halle Berry thing going on. But I would rather be single forever than have to deal with a monther like his. HER mother was fabulous, though. That hair...that dress! Gorgeous.

• Love 11
Just now, brilliantbreakfast said:

These white people who match them up seem to have focused on a whitesplaining view of "Oh, they're both religious, they must both go to a church like the one James Brown was pastor for in 'Blues Brothers 2000'" -- to the exclusion of all other considerations.

I don't see that.  A major reason they didn't set her up with the music guy (who they really liked) was because of differences in their Christianity (he was a Seventh Day Adventist.) 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Drunk dad. Geeze. It's like they look for those kinds of things when vetting these potential couples so there will be drama no matter what.

I think Drunk Dad was totally acting and using this show as an audition.

11 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

The first of what will be many cringe-moments for me -- Sheila, who works for a school district, chatting about her lack of orgasms. I don't need to know that!

I guessing that Sheila is a virgin, and that may have been her way of saying so. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I am starting to wonder about whether these fakaility shows deliberately play into racial stereotypes and in thise case, set up the black couples to fail. It just seems that they do a spectacularly lousy job with black couples...and how about setting up an interracial one for once? Sheila and Nate are such an obvious mismatch that I don't see how that happened. These white people who match them up seem to have focused on a whitesplaining view of "Oh, they're both religious, they must both go to a church like the one James Brown was pastor for in 'Blues Brothers 2000'" -- to the exclusion of all other considerations.

Well, to be fair, I think everybody is set up to fail and they've done a spectacularly lousy job with pretty much everyone, lol. And remember, they do have Pastor Calvin on the selection committee so it's not entirely white.

I think the real problem here is that when the Show puts out a call for participants, they get 10,000 women and three men. They've also said that it was very hard to find a black man willing to marry a black woman At First Sight (I'm just the messenger here.) I wouldn't mind an interracial couple at all, but maybe the Show feels they should go with a black couple whenever they can find one. So the show will be criticized for that either way.

Nathan and Sheila seem to have as much of a chance as anyone else we've seen on this show, and maybe more. Drunk Dad is totally fake and just a guy auditioning for more TV gigs.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

How exactly could they even possibly foresee what happen in terms of the drama they got. It seemed like it was kind of surprise that he made it. I don't even think he will be around much to cause trouble. The bride's dad though. He will be the drama jackpot.

You are right. I posted that before the end of the show. I still do think "the experts" look for things that will cause drama on the show. Not sure how sincere they are in trying to find the best matches with some of the things they have done in the past.

• Love 2