Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Matchmaking Special / S05.E02: Wedding Prep; Weddings

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Evil Queen said:
14 hours ago, topanga said:

The sociologist and the pastor actually repeated the same sentence, word for word. Something like, "If these marriages don't work out, there's no annulment. They'll be headed to Divorce Court." 

This is so true! Even when they brought the 2 newer ones in, nothing changed. The script stayed the same stupid bs crap as it had been before. Its a joke and has been for awhile now. 

No, first they have to go to that Marrige Boot Camp show lol! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

fortunately I am 62 and too old to care anymore;

High five! They say that the first impression that you make in the first 7 seconds about sums up how you feel about a person. Not that this cannot be overcome. I think that production might have been more selective and discerning about the couples after their faux pas last season. I think that of all of them have a chance at it but based on my gut I don't think the Italian ones will last. That big large family that they have is going to have a lot to say about what they should do (traditions, how they show respect in their cultures families). I do however wish all three well. If they are all kind, all should work out. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

During matchmaking special, I thought I heard them say they had a success record of 1/3 of all the couple from previous seasons?? According to my calculations...this is a blatant lie. Did anyone else hear that?? I'm doing the math in my head and 1/3 of 12 is not 2.

I wondered about that too. I didn't watch S1 but isn't one couple still married from that? Season 2 was 0/3. Season 3 was 2/3 but I didn't know Nick and Sonia are getting divorced. So only 2 couples out of 9 are still married. Right? 

Just now, Straycat80 said:

I wondered about that too. I didn't watch S1 but isn't one couple still married from that? Season 2 was 0/3. Season 3 was 2/3 but I didn't know Nick and Sonia are getting divorced. So only 2 couples out of 9 are still married. Right? 

Jamie/Doug, Courtney/Jason, Tom/Lilly... and at the time of filming, Nick/Sonia.

• Love 5

Maybe they had a question on the application/ many rounds of interviews about having a ratchet family member who would bring the drama (I'm paraphrasing here).  As a black person, I can't help but cringe at how his dad was the only one acting a fool.  It just plays into stereotypes and these shows love to play up on that.  I get that only a few black men may have applied, but perhaps they could start looking beyond that.  I think Shelia would put up with a lot from Nathan to be a good christian wife and because she's prayed on it for so long.  People, the lord has better things to do than find you a husband!

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

Jamie/Doug, Courtney/Jason, Tom/Lilly... and at the time of filming, Nick/Sonia.

So the first two couples are from season one? I'm not surprised Tom and Lily are still together. I'm not surprised Nick and Sonia are getting divorced, she was too good for him. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, roseslg said:

Why am I watching this?  Damn, I got sucked in!  If my husband ever found out, we'll be divorced...

It's funny you mention this, because one of the things I did right after my husband died was watch a lot of trashy reality TV.  I started with "Say Yes to the Dress", then added "MAFS", then added "My 600 lb. Life".  Part of this was that I couldn't handle anything demanding, but part of it was because he was a TV snob and only watched science shows and I guess I was angry with him for dying so it was "revenge viewing."  And as you all know, once you start watching this crap, it's hard to stop.  :-)

• Love 19
55 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

You're forgetting about another entire season where there were NO successes.  You know, the one with the death threat and the restraining order?  It was the season with the guy who lived in his mother's basement and didn't understand why his wife would not want to move in with them.  Also the same season there was an inter-racial marriage, the woman was Indian and the man was - ? - American?  It was questionable as to whether he was gay or straight, that much I remember.  Last season we had a couple Inter-racial American/Latino marriages.  Just sayin'.

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

No, first they have to go to that Marrige Boot Camp show lol! 

I'm totally expecting to see Jamie and Doug on that show. I'll bet she's been trying, lol.

2 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

I'm disappointed that this is a podcast now. I don't listen to stuff - I want to READ it.

1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

It's funny you mention this, because one of the things I did right after my husband died was watch a lot of trashy reality TV.  I started with "Say Yes to the Dress", then added "MAFS", then added "My 600 lb. Life".  Part of this was that I couldn't handle anything demanding, but part of it was because he was a TV snob and only watched science shows and I guess I was angry with him for dying so it was "revenge viewing."  And as you all know, once you start watching this crap, it's hard to stop.  :-)

aw, I'm sorry for your loss, Brilliant. I think I watch all the trash for stress relief, because I like seeing people whose lives are even more pathetic than mine, lol! And these forums only make it worse because they're so much fun. We need Live Chat here, like for 600-Lb Life.

• Love 5
On Fri Apr 21 2017 at 0:24 PM, hoosiermom said:

You are right. I posted that before the end of the show. I still do think "the experts" look for things that will cause drama on the show. Not sure how sincere they are in trying to find the best matches with some of the things they have done in the past.

Yeah. But, it's like when talk to certain people about mtv's real world. People keep clamouring for the old school first years of that show. But, if they actually cast with that intent, their ratings would sink. Reality tv is a hard sell without  the drama so you have to at least partially cast with that in mind. As long as it doesn't feel like downright sabotage then I can roll with it. No one will be a complete match. At least on paper, just looking at the participants, I could see logic in the matches even if there is clear room for failure as well.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

I feel so bad for Sheila. She seems like a sweet woman and I feel like Nate is going to do a number on her. That scene of them arguing on the balcony and her crying reminds me of Derek and Heather last season. Nate reminds me of a car salesman/con man. And why were there a pair of woman's sandals in his trunk? So sketchy. Nate's brother=Tom's bus from last season. Hopefully Nate tells her about the brother before they sleep together.

I'm not really feeling Danielle. She made some remarks that reminded me of Samantha ("I want a man who makes me feel like a woman"). Hopefully she'll be nicer than Sam. Cody seems very sweet. I liked that he gave part of his grandmother's dress to her as his gift but I feel like he's really going to regret that if they divorce. In terms of looks, Danielle also reminds me of Ashley (season 3). Not good that she reminds me so much of the season 3 women.

Anthony and Ashley seem like the Tom and Lilly of this season so far. Did anyone catch it when Dr. Pepper said that they both share the same progressive values? And the clip where Ashley said that they've had a lot of sex so far totally reminded me of Tom and Lilly. I'm surprised Ashley was so attracted to Anthony. He seems like a less attractive version of David but he seemed to have very high expectations in terms of his bride's looks. Loved when Ashley said "I'm 30. I'm not that pure."

3 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

I enjoyed the podcast! Lots of snark. Made me LOL a few times.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Nick & Sonia?  What a surprise! Ha ha.  Didn't know Tom & Lilly were still together.  I wonder if he still has that RV, truck, camper or whatever the hell that was.  Good for them.  Wish I could be the matchmaker instead of those three they have.  People don't have to have everything in common for a successful marriage.  Hells bells, a couple could go together for a long time, but when married, you wake up one day and say "who the hell is this guy or girl I married".   Marriage is respect, understanding, lots of patience and giving, giving, giving, giving, giving.  Did I say "giving" enough times?  And, while I'm on the soapbox, attraction at first sight helps.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Nick & Sonia?  What a surprise! Ha ha.  Didn't know Tom & Lilly were still together.  I wonder if he still has that RV, truck, camper or whatever the hell that was.  Good for them.  Wish I could be the matchmaker instead of those three they have.  People don't have to have everything in common for a successful marriage.  Hells bells, a couple could go together for a long time, but when married, you wake up one day and say "who the hell is this guy or girl I married".   Marriage is respect, understanding, lots of patience and giving, giving, giving, giving, giving.  Did I say "giving" enough times?  And, while I'm on the soapbox, attraction at first sight helps.  

Lilly said in her IG Live session last night that Tom was selling his bus.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, okerry said:

So far, these people don't look like the howling nut cases we've been seeing. And I didn't hear the "experts" talking about how each person is going to fix their partner and make up for deficits. Good. I keep hearing about how much the couples have in common. Well, it's a start!

Maybe the Show finally learned that for MAFS, the audience really isn't tuning in for the train wrecks. There are other shows for that. On this one, we want to think it's real and could really happen. We're looking for Romance here, not disasters with losers like we've had for pretty much all of the seasons except the first one.

Ashley is almost prettier as her natural self. Never mind, she's gorgeous either way. Anthony's gonna be happy and she's gonna wilt like Jamie Otis.

Danielle is  a bit overdone IMHO.

I think MAFS is going to the original formula, whipping up drama from nothingburgers, like Jamie and the cigarette. I guess it helps to have a father of the groom who's a total jerk.

When I first saw Anthony and Ashley, the mismatch in attractiveness hit me right off. Then again, Ashley says he's cute and she likes his smile / teeth. Anthony needs to put a baby in her quick.

Danielle seems like a two-face in the sense that she can look kind of rough in the wrong light.

19 hours ago, roseslg said:

I feel like the most drama will be with the black couple.  Haven't learned all the names yet, the whole stripper thing and his "christian" behavior as well as the living with his goddamn brother is just waaayyyy too much ish.  Girl, run like your tampon string is on fire.  Also, that crown was tacccccccccky!!

I'm starting to think the producers are using Tyler Perry as a guide for successful Black relationships. Throw in some rough childhoods and Jesus and it's a match made in heaven.

17 hours ago, Soup333 said:

It must be said - Sheila's hair is giving me Romulan vibes. I like her, but Nathan's kisses made me cringe. Too much. And if they make it, it certainly won't be thanks to his parents.  I felt bad for both of them. Compared to the way the other couples' families got along, their reception just looked painful and awkward. Dear Dad was not funny and I'm pretty sure the beginning of his speech was not a joke. I don't know about Nathan. Wouldn't put my money on them.

Seriously. Sheila looks like she went to T'Pol's stylist.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, okerry said:

Well, to be fair, I think everybody is set up to fail and they've done a spectacularly lousy job with pretty much everyone, lol. And remember, they do have Pastor Calvin on the selection committee so it's not entirely white.

I think the real problem here is that when the Show puts out a call for participants, they get 10,000 women and three men. They've also said that it was very hard to find a black man willing to marry a black woman At First Sight (I'm just the messenger here.) I wouldn't mind an interracial couple at all, but maybe the Show feels they should go with a black couple whenever they can find one. So the show will be criticized for that either way.

Nathan and Sheila seem to have as much of a chance as anyone else we've seen on this show, and maybe more. Drunk Dad is totally fake and just a guy auditioning for more TV gigs.

While I know they have said it was hard to find a black man to marry a black woman they need to then step out of the box on it and look at all types for either the black man or the black lady instead of just sticking the ones together because they are both black...and with these 2 religious. Which I am curious how they found these guys. We have heard in the past how some where from Tinder (Tres) and Facebook (Tom) so where did these ones come from or did they actually apply. With Nathan did I hear right and that she asked him if he was ready to give up the bachelor life and he said he thought he was? He is sadly giving off Tres vibes for me. More so with his talk of his being a ladies man and having a name for himself that went along with that. She seems like a nice lady so far. Hopefully she isn't getting a screwed match.

I honestly don't care what races are matched together but that I would prefer to see them actually match in hopes of truly finding these people someone they could really click with and work out with. Stop picking for the drama with any of the couples and the lame reasons for matching each together. When they see things like the lady's shoes in the trunk of a car question it instead of laughing about it as Pepper did and saying how someone might want those back. Showed more of how she is a joke of an "expert" IMO.  

5 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

You are right. I posted that before the end of the show. I still do think "the experts" look for things that will cause drama on the show. Not sure how sincere they are in trying to find the best matches with some of the things they have done in the past.

I agree with you on that. I think its all they look for as well. Look at the crap they say when they tell us why they felt each couple were matched and would make a great couple. Its always superficial and something where they can "fix" each other. Which in turn will instead create drama. 

16 minutes ago, ketose said:

When I first saw Anthony and Ashley, the mismatch in attractiveness hit me right off. Then again, Ashley says he's cute and she likes his smile / teeth. Anthony needs to put a baby in her quick.

Danielle seems like a two-face in the sense that she can look kind of rough in the wrong light.

Agree about Danielle. And as for Ashley and Anthony....we have seen it here in past seasons with comments one some thinking some are pretty or handsome or whatever word you want to toss in on the looks and then we see the match they got not into them at times. With this some assumed she wouldn't be into his look but right off she is into it. Yet not all would be into her looks or body shape. That dress showed her hips off. Not saying it was bad because the dress was a good fit for her but I joked with my husband as he came in the room that I am sure some of the family probably were saying she had good birthing hips. LOL He also said that when she told him how he had such perfect teeth that he should have said something back similar to her. LOL But when it comes to attractiveness, it will vary with everyone and this shows. I know see some here saying Cody is cute and I don't think so...yet I don't think any of them are and didn't think any of them were in most the seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

Can we please talk about the crown some more? It wasn't even a tiara ... full on freaking crown. Where is anyone supposed to wear that?

Right? That whole thing was just beyond to much. I hope we aren't going to have to continue to hear him call her "my queen" or talk about "his kingdom" and such every episode. I would think that would get on her nerves as well quickly. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Aww..a podcast?  That sucks.  I am deaf.  I need to read...

I sympathize. I am not deaf myself but I do much prefer to read. Somebody didn't think this one through.

• Love 16

So here's my two cents -

I like Ashley / Anthony. She seems to know her value. He is a little impressed with himself and it will be fun to watch her reel him in. I liked their families. His were gracious and hers were nice. But what's up with being together for 33 years, raising a family, running a business, and never getting married?

Danielle / Cody are a mismatch for me. She is too old for him. I know it's just five years, but those are huge between 25 and 30, especially for a man. Not feeling these two.

Nathan / Sheila - what the hell were they thinking? He is a little boy with all that "my queen" nonsense and posturing. She is (again) too old for him. He fancies himself a hot prospect. When he was trying on the tux and said he wanted her to see him as God like, I knew they were doomed.  This will end in heartbreak for her. I am already sick of hearing that she has never had an orgasm. Virgin or not, just take care of it already. It's no one's job to give you one. 

I did like her dress and the bridesmaids looked beautiful. I liked Vanessa's dress last season as well. I hope they don't head down the Tres / Vanessa path, but it looks that way.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:
2 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Can we please talk about the crown some more? It wasn't even a tiara ... full on freaking crown. Where is anyone supposed to wear that?

Yeah, if anyone every gave me a crown, we'd be done.   He talks about building an empire, I think he's been watching too much tv...  I kinda feel sorry for Sheila. She's older, seems more mature and like she has her shit together (better educated, better job, etc.), and she was paired with this fool.  Now, I could be completely wrong, but nothing about him seemed appealing.  From the family, to the strippers to his boy, to his persona.    

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

But what's up with being together for 33 years, raising a family, running a business, and never getting married?

Dr. Pepper did mention that Ashley and Anthony both had progressive values so maybe Ashley's parents are the same way and don't believe in marriage.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Nathan / Sheila - what the hell were they thinking? He is a little boy with all that "my queen" nonsense and posturing. She is (again) too old for him. He fancies himself a hot prospect. When he was trying on the tux and said he wanted her to see him as God like, I knew they were doomed.  This will end in heartbreak for her. I am already sick of hearing that she has never had an orgasm. Virgin or not, just take care of it already. It's no one's job to give you one. 

The orgasm thing is likely to be a big issue for the show. I'm guessing that Nate is fine with her never having an orgasm until it becomes she's never had an orgasm with him. But it could be anything from Sheila not ever trying all the way to her being wired in a way where it's difficult to impossible. With most things MAFS, focusing on this can only be bad.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Gobears said:

'm not really feeling Danielle. She made some remarks that reminded me of Samantha ("I want a man who makes me feel like a woman"). Hopefully she'll be nicer than Sam. Cody seems very sweet. I liked that he gave part of his grandmother's dress to her as his gift but I feel like he's really going to regret that if they divorce. In terms of looks, Danielle also reminds me of Ashley (season 3). Not good that she reminds me so much of the season 3 women.

I didn't see much of the matchmaking special but I did see when Danielle said about being a tomboy  and  what you said above.   I get what she means.  I could not STAND Sam-- but WHY pair her with hipster, intellectual, 90 pound weakling-type Neil??  I adored Neil but he's not my type either.   I think anyone will be nicer than Sam OR Ashley!   Boy I  hope you're wrong because I hate those nasty, stuffy, miserable stick-up-the -ass types like Ashley and Heather.  

By the way I'm still pissed at Pastor what's his face for letting Heather off the hook so soon. with Derek.  They should have made them get counseling and stay together for the experiment.   They both could have learned a lot about themselves and I think they both needed a little enlightenment. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

So here's my two cents -

I like Ashley / Anthony. She seems to know her value. He is a little impressed with himself and it will be fun to watch her reel him in. I liked their families. His were gracious and hers were nice. But what's up with being together for 33 years, raising a family, running a business, and never getting married?

Danielle / Cody are a mismatch for me. She is too old for him. I know it's just five years, but those are huge between 25 and 30, especially for a man. Not feeling these two.

I did like her dress and the bridesmaids looked beautiful. I liked Vanessa's dress last season as well. I hope they don't head down the Tres / Vanessa path, but it looks that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if her parents didn't do it because they just felt it worked for them this way. Some couples are that way. Look at Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn...it works for them. Some are together already for so many years and just decide not to bother. Sort of the why fix what isn't broken frame of mine, kwim? I don't fault anyone if that is what they decide on for their relationship. Its not how we did thinks and nor would I have agreed to not getting married ever if my husband and not wanted too. Yet it seems her parents have raised decent kids and are happy in their relationship. 

Agree with the age differences. I think when we all saw the ages, when they released who was picked, we couldn't help but question it all. Cody doesn't seem like a bad guy but yet just because someone is running a gym or whatever doesn't make one more mature either. There are times it can come out they aren't. Yet the same can be said for a 30 yr old too. No all 30 yr olds have matured at all either. I just am not seeing it for them at this point though myself. She was also the one that when they asked her about age difference she said a year or 2 was ok but not younger then that. So they didn't hear what she told them at all but she said she is ok with younger. It could be an issue though either way. Heck not all guys like older women either even if its 5 yrs. As you said Nathan is immature and it shows. You gave all the reasons I have said too that are wrong with him. For someone her age and the whole orgasm thing....its like get over it already and take care of it so we can stop hearing about it. If this is going to be part of their "thing" then I foresee some skipping of these 2 and if I am stuck hearing it there will be major eye rolling going on here. As was said if he can't do it after she tells him there will be some issues from that as well. Sadly the "experts" never learn from past matchmaking mistakes either because these 2 are giving off a repeat of Tres/Vanessa vibes already. 

2 hours ago, roseslg said:

Yeah, if anyone every gave me a crown, we'd be done.   He talks about building an empire, I think he's been watching too much tv...  I kinda feel sorry for Sheila. She's older, seems more mature and like she has her shit together (better educated, better job, etc.), and she was paired with this fool.  Now, I could be completely wrong, but nothing about him seemed appealing.  From the family, to the strippers to his boy, to his persona.    

I feel for her too. She seems decent and as you said, mature with her shit together but he doesn't come off that way at all. I haven't seen a thing appealing about him at all. The way he talks alone is to much. Don't forget that even though he had applied for this show and seemed to having Pepper make the visit he still had some other lady's shoes in his car trunk. While she laughed it off it should have been a question mark right there on if he was right for this. What else did he have around his place that they didn't show? Then the talk of being a "ladies man"...*gag* 

2 hours ago, seasick said:

I didn't see much of the matchmaking special but I did see when Danielle said about being a tomboy  and  what you said above.   I get what she means.  I could not STAND Sam-- but WHY pair her with hipster, intellectual, 90 pound weakling-type Neil??  I adored Neil but he's not my type either.   I think anyone will be nicer than Sam OR Ashley!   Boy I  hope you're wrong because I hate those nasty, stuffy, miserable stick-up-the -ass types like Ashley and Heather.  

By the way I'm still pissed at Pastor what's his face for letting Heather off the hook so soon. with Derek.  They should have made them get counseling and stay together for the experiment.   They both could have learned a lot about themselves and I think they both needed a little enlightenment. 

All I will say on the Heather/Derek thing is there was plenty of reasons they shouldn't have had to stay together at all and I'm glad she stood her ground on it. I wish they would have made Ashley leave instead of making her stay with David during the Atlanta season because that was not going to happen no matter what. It was just miserable. Same with Neil and Sam. He should have left that abusive nutjob the second she started up and saved himself but he got suckered into staying because of the "experts". Same thing happened to Sonia with Nick. She had her gut instinct telling her to leave and not go back but everyone else told her what she had to do and she went with it. Yet, I think there was so much we never saw go on with the Heather/Derek deal and its why they couldn't "make" her stick it out like the "experts" would have prefer. Now we have this knew bunch and so far the only one I am really not liking is Nathan and his bs. I am not sure on Danielle yet but did see a little of the Sam nutty in her a few times. I'm just on a wait and see how she is though since she didn't act disgusting like Sam at the wedding...they just came off a little awkward but I get how it could be. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, okerry said:

I sympathize. I am not deaf myself but I do much prefer to read. Somebody didn't think this one through.

Podcasts are a huge thing these days. It's great for me. I have to download it for work. Helps past the time. That's the plus of podcasts. I listen on the go.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Drogo said:

Hmph. I didn't know Tom/Lily were still together. 

Also, will there be a forum/subforum for the Second Chances show?

1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Hmph. I didn't know Tom/Lily were still together. 

I feel like they're trying to keep their marriage more private. Probably saw all of the SM scrutiny of Sonia & Nick's relationship and decided to lay low. Lilly did get a lot of crap from people yesterday because she decided to do the IG Live session with Sonia instead of going home to Tom after finding out that his grandmother had just passed away.

10 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I sent a message to the mod asking for a live chat during the episodes of this program. We shall see!

Thank you for doing so. I've never tried to do that but I definitely would show up to the party and participate. 

• Love 2

I think that if they really intend to make these pairings work that they need to be upfront and honest. I wonder how much of 'there are cameras following me around so I had better act a certain way' effects them. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

3 couples out of 12. two couples from S1 and 1 couple from S4

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Podcasts are a huge thing these days. It's great for me. I have to download it for work. Helps past the time. That's the plus of podcasts. I listen on the go.

Yes...but some fans are deaf.  :-)  

A transcript would be nice....

• Love 9

I only just finished the matchmaking special. From reading the comments I'm interested to see the weddings hopefully later. I'm already getting vibes on Nathan as well, like others have said, a Trey/Vanessa thing. The shoes in the trunk was not a joke Pepper - 'you're a guy' - oh crap already.

Same old with the matchmaking, except they are really EMPHASIZING how careful they are being - sensitive to some past criticism perhaps?

What I did like was when the applicants were making a strong preference for someone who looked like a celebrity the Pastor called them out on it - 'they've NEVER dated someone who looked like that before' - HA! I wonder if they talked to family members & saw pics of others in their pasts. Some of these people think they're the all that (ahem Nathan) & c'mon maybe the other person will be disappointed with how YOU look.  geesh!

Watching the 'experts' share drinks after their choices, I thought it was funny how Pepper is so much shorter than the other two she looks like their (much older) child. Shouldn't she be having apple juice? LOL

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Would anyone make it with Nick? I'm sure that she gave it her all and hope that she finds true love in the future. 

Nope.  My husband and I watch this together.  I watch Roast Battle with him, and he watches MAFS with me. It's fun to get the male perspective. Plus, we both work from home. This gives us something to gossip about!

When Nick was a few cocktails in and whining to the camera they he just didn't find Sonia atttractive, hubs spectulated he doesn't find any woman attractive. According to him, she was adorable, and any red blooded man would be "tapping that". Especially since they were married and she was clearly willing!

I, too, hope Sonia finds love. She needs a do-over, just like Vanessa and David.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Nope.  My husband and I watch this together.  I watch Roast Battle with him, and he watches MAFS with me. It's fun to get the male perspective. Plus, we both work from home. This gives us something to gossip about!

When Nick was a few cocktails in and whining to the camera they he just didn't find Sonia atttractive, hubs spectulated he doesn't find any woman attractive. According to him, she was adorable, and any red blooded man would be "tapping that". Especially since they were married and she was clearly willing!

I, too, hope Sonia finds love. She needs a do-over, just like Vanessa and David.

21 hours ago, roseslg said:

Maybe they had a question on the application/ many rounds of interviews about having a ratchet family member who would bring the drama (I'm paraphrasing here).  As a black person, I can't help but cringe at how his dad was the only one acting a fool.  It just plays into stereotypes and these shows love to play up on that.  I get that only a few black men may have applied, but perhaps they could start looking beyond that.  I think Shelia would put up with a lot from Nathan to be a good christian wife and because she's prayed on it for so long.  People, the lord has better things to do than find you a husband!

https://www.facebook.com/duu.n.duu Nate's dad is a comedian from L.A ,makes more sense now ?

They mentioned income and debt were part of the approval process. Which brings up a question.

How does it work with their individual apartments when they move in together. Many times, they get a new, neutral space. Yet they keep the old ones, which makes sense. I imagine they are in the middle of a lease, have room mates, or just want a safety net.  So are they paying double rent for two months in addition to the security deposit and moving expense? Some of the places are furnished. If not, do they rent, or buy new stuff? Seems like an expensive proposition. I wonder if the show picks up any portion?

And the dresses / tux? I noticed the brides went to the same shop, and so did the boys. I wonder if they were donated in exchange for advertising? 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Gobears said:

I feel like they're trying to keep their marriage more private. Probably saw all of the SM scrutiny of Sonia & Nick's relationship and decided to lay low. Lilly did get a lot of crap from people yesterday because she decided to do the IG Live session with Sonia instead of going home to Tom after finding out that his grandmother had just passed away.

What is the "IG" live session and where can I see it?

Funny... I adored Sonia, and my S/O did not.  He said she was too needy.  Now I agree with him. 

I wish they would address the living expenses, etc... seems to me they have to get help in some form.

Edited by Jellybeans
spelling is important
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

How does it work with their individual apartments when they move in together. Many times, they get a new, neutral space. Yet they keep the old ones, which makes sense. I imagine they are in the middle of a lease, have room mates, or just want a safety net.  So are they paying double rent for two months in addition to the security deposit and moving expense? Some of the places are furnished. If not, do they rent, or buy new stuff? Seems like an expensive proposition. I wonder if the show picks up any portion?

I have read the show pays for the 'new" location, but myself have no facts to back that up.  I must ask sarcastically, why not by new furniture since they are 'married', many newlyweds buy new furniture? 

Receiving a free "married" apartment allowed season 2's Basement Ryan (what a dick) and Jaclyn to only appear together for filming of the show as they both continued to live in their original locations.  Jaclyn and Basement Ryan did make a commitment when they purchased an adorable show curtain for their joint apt.  Season 3's Davina and Sean did not spent much time together in their mutual lovenest. 

Is it possible that Season 4's Nick the Dick obtained the property through his 'property management' firm?  Season 3 had some connection between the owner of Stashley and David"s apt. and Poseur Schwartz, the landlord had appeared on an H & G show too, IIRC. 

58 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

And the dresses / tux? I noticed the brides went to the same shop, and so did the boys. I wonder if they were donated in exchange for advertising? 

This show has even blurred out restaurant names as well as auto and clothing logos at times, assuming names would be displayed if some quid pro quo existed.  Season 2's Jaclyn left bottles of Tito's Vodka around "married" apartment, which were blurred or hidden during broadcasts.  On the other hand Season 4's Nick (the Dick) regularly wore his lifestyle clothing during the show, which leads to the idea he paid a promotional fee.

Edited by Liberty

I remember David and Ashley talking about budget when they were apt. shopping. Since it was expensive, I remember him offering to pay so she could concentrate on studying. 

I have heard the budget talk before, so I assumed the couple paid for the new place. Clearly, I don't know. 

I just assumed the show would help with the expense in some way.

• Love 1