Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/10/2017

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 4/10: The 5th Annual View/Chew Cook-Off, hosted by Marc Summers, with judges Jedediah Bila, Tyrese Gibson & Rocco DiSpirito
Tu 4/11: Kelly Rowland, Bill Nye, the Dance Theatre of Harlem
We 4/12: "Sesame Street"'s Julia & Elmo, Sherrie Westin, Susan Sarandon, Jack Hanna
Th 4/13: Martha Stewart, Tyson Beckford
Fr 4/14: Jackie Evancho, Juliet Evancho

• Love 1

It will be interesting to hear what the Evancho family has to say about Trump, because Jackie sang at his inauguration, and then he cut back protections for transgender people, a group that includes Jackie's sister Juliet.

My mom used to be acquaintances with Martha Stewart, so I'll watch that show. But it sounds like a not great week.

• Love 1

Susan fucking Sarandon? Seriously? Is she back to gloat about being happy Trump won since her boy Bernie didn't get elected?  Do you all remember her saying that crap? That spoiled, insensitive, short-sighted, rich white lady movie star CRAP?

She needs to come crawling out on her knees apologizing for her foolishness the last time she was on the show.  Not that it would make me forgive her.  At best I might hate her slightly less. But I think I am always going to want to drop a scorpion down her jumper for wishing Trump on America.  Some things can just never be forgiven. 

• Love 22

Susan fucking Sarandon? Seriously? Is she back to gloat about being happy Trump won since her boy Bernie didn't get elected?  Do you all remember her saying that crap? That spoiled, insensitive, short-sighted, rich white lady movie star CRAP?

You might want to stock up on scorpions, Celia. I saw her on MSNBC and she is proud of her stance. She is in heaven over the "revolution" as she calls it. There is no way I will be watching Wednesday. 

• Love 7

The crazier Susan gets I always wonder if Chris Sarandon wishes that she hadn't taken his name as her stage name or had gone with something else after the divorced and her having kids. He's always seemed like a nice guy and he seems to have a sane wife in Joanna Gleason now.  Tim Robbins is probably glad not to be attached to her craziness anymore too. The way she's been acting the past few years though has made me wonder if she has some kind of mental health or health issue in general going on.

• Love 9

I knew it would be boring when I saw “recorded earlier,” but the first topic alone was so much lower than my expectations. I turned it off when the ABC Special Report came on.

(I thought I would be the only one rolling their eyes at the guest list until I scrolled down. Sarandon and Evancho can both f*** off.)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Dissy said:

You might want to stock up on scorpions, Celia. I saw her on MSNBC and she is proud of her stance. She is in heaven over the "revolution" as she calls it. 

What revolution?  Susan Sarandon is full of shit.

I watched her interview over on MSNBC just now and she wants to suggest the trend of pissed off people showing up for town hall meetings to complain about healthcare is evidence that supports what she said about a revolution happening ... that Trump is so awful it is bringing people together and this (healthcare) energy will magically translate into a passion to change everything about America that she doesn't like, like oil pipelines.  Well good luck with that, Susan.  Healthcare is one of the few issues that everyone has a personal stake in and I doubt that the fervor about that particular subject is going to suddenly turn into an effort to halt pipelines when enough Americans voted for Trump to get him elected knowing very well that the man is firmly in favor of pipelines. Really, just because some people are up in arms about one issue doesn't mean they will care equally about another issue or that if they do it necessarily means they will AGREE with your position on it. And I think it's the height of arrogance - and ignorance - to assume that they will. 

Who is going to be on the show Wednesday to handle her? It better be someone good ... Joy and Sunny need to be prepared to hold her feet to the fire. She did everything she could on MSNBC to dodge her revolution nonsense and turn it into a speech about how the media failed America by not sufficiently covering all these issues that she seems to think would have gotten Bernie Sanders elected (like fracking and pipelines). She is still quite bitter about Bernie losing, lol.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
To edit because when typing on a kindle it's hard to see how long-winded you're being!
  • Love 9

Oh, that was a terribly boring and mundane episode.  I didn't realize it had been previously recorded so I thought they were just trying to do a Trump-free day.  What I was hoping to hear was them talk about the United passenger who was physically removed and visibly injured, because he didn't want to volunteer to give up the seat he paid for.  I wanted Sunny's legal take on that.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, rcc said:

Who won the cook-off?

Daphne and Sarah.  But they shouldn't have; even without sampling it, I am sure any of the other dishes would be better than a grilled cheese sandwich coated in mayo and served with buffalo wings.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

Daphne and Sarah.  But they shouldn't have; even without sampling it, I am sure any of the other dishes would be better than a grilled cheese sandwich coated in mayo and served with buffalo wings.

Thanks Bannana.

6 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Between the asinine first subject (tip-off it wasn't a live show), the ABC news break-in, and cooking, that was the fastest show I ever forwarded through.

In case you missed, there was one kind of good moment during the cook-off.  When the mc talked to Mario and Whoopi, they acknowledged they have never won the cook-off but that is was okay with them because, as Mario said, they have both won in so many other areas.  Whoopi, I think, said something like, we don't need to be greedy.  Then when they were talking to Sarah minutes later, she yelled across to Whoopi, don't be greedy, and Whoopi of course got her back up and said something like, didn't I tell you I hoped you'd win, and then something I missed, and then something about it doesn't pay to be nice to people, and Sarah just basically tried to pretend it wasn't happening.

Whoopi also lectured Sunny on her child rearing tactics, when Sunny said is someone was dead to her, her children would have to abide by that.  Whoopi went off on another judgmental tangent about that. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whoopi also lectured Sunny on her child rearing tactics, when Sunny said is someone was dead to her, her children would have to abide by that.  Whoopi went off on another judgmental tangent about that. 

I wasn't going to watch but now I am thinking I will, lol.  I want to keep tabs on the growing animosity (at least I am telling myself it is growing) between Sunny and Whoops.  Sunny totally has the potential to put Whoopi in her damn place and I am living for the day it finally happens.

I know, it probably never will.  That just doesn't seem to be Sunny's style.  But it would be my dream come true!

• Love 7

I turned it off when abc broke in too. You mean I missed learning how to make a grilled cheese sandwich?

Ditto on the comments about Susan Sarandon, who has lost my respect, and Jackie Evancho, who is just a dumb kid. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I turned it off when abc broke in too. You mean I missed learning how to make a grilled cheese sandwich?

Ditto on the comments about Susan Sarandon, who has lost my respect, and Jackie Evancho, who is just a dumb kid. 

A dumb, greedy kid.

• Love 1

Well, since Jackie Evancho publicly spoke out when Trump cut back protections for transgender people, I will be interested to see what she has to say. Cognitive dissonance or change of heart? I'm always fascinated when people support someone who goes against the rights they hold dear.

• Love 5

Yep, Celia, I agree, and I don't think Sunny will ever blast Whoops because she is an elder,  and Sunny is all about traditions which includes respect for elders. Not to mention her ridiculous  subservience to her husband and father. It's  astounding from someone of her education and professional accomplishments. I don't get it.  

Sunny is really morally conservative, with added mores   ( pronounced morays, but I can't make the accent mark) of Catholicism, which IMHO, are incredibly ignorant of individual case-by-case judgement of people and situations in our daily lives.  

I like Sunny's slapdowns with REAL FACTS of Jed or others, but her coyness and strict personal rules are debilitating, and I think will not serve her well eventually.  I hope her husband does not cause her pain,  cuz she's standing by her man. 

• Love 7

Did everybody happen to catch that comment Jed made, while she was babbling about the state of her eggs, she referred to Whoopi as "my calm?" WTF?!!! I've seen you two "disagreeing" and it looked anything but calm! Odd comment.

Whoopi didn't go to high school? And what did she mean by "I went to school in a different way?" Self-taught? Home schooled? She doesn't strike me as a prom type anyway. 

Found today's show very blah. Kelly Rowland - what a pretty girl! But her segment was neither interesting or informative. Bill Nye was better and I found his comment about NASA now being the best "brand" that America has right now, very telling. 

All in all, not terribly exciting. And I see that Whoopi was all dressed for a trip to Costco, once the show is over. Or she's going to help a friend move. I think you get my drift.

• Love 5

NOW The Whoopster is saying she quit school at Grade 8 & was educated in "a different way" (probably because of her ADHD), yada, yada, yada.

I wonder if she thinks no one remembers what she said before.  (Fortunately for her, I don't.)

• Love 3

In the past Whoopi has said she learned by reading a lot and going to museums, etc. I don't know how much her mother directed her education. I don't know if there was any kind of homeschool curriculum in the late 60s/early 70s.

is this whole week prerecorded?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

In the past Whoopi has said she learned by reading a lot and going to museums, etc. I don't know how much her mother directed her education. I don't know if there was any kind of homeschool curriculum in the late 60s/early 70s.

is this whole week prerecorded?

Whoopi has told so many stories given us various versions of her "education", so I'm really not sure where her "knowledge" came from.  LOL.

When there's no political talk, I'm pretty sure it was pre-recorded.

Edited by Medicine Crow
typo
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

NOW The Whoopster is saying she quit school at Grade 8 & was educated in "a different way" (probably because of her ADHD)

...and dyslexia.    From some online "biography," Goldberg unknowingly suffered from dyslexia, which affected her studies and ultimately induced her to drop out of high school at the age of 17.

Edited by Former Nun
Fake News?
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Tosia said:

It's  astounding from someone of her education and professional accomplishments. I don't get it.  

Perhaps Sunny just lucked out...and ran into men during her education and early employment years who appreciated "a real woman" (aka subserviant).  That's not to say that she's not a nice and intelligent person.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

NOW The Whoopster is saying she quit school at Grade 8 & was educated in "a different way" (probably because of her ADHD), yada, yada, yada.

I wonder if she thinks no one remembers what she said before.  (Fortunately for her, I don't.)

Whoopie has said she educated herself by hanging out in NYC. By going to museums,etc. 

For a split second I felt sorry for her.  Did not last when I think of how ignorant she is but is seldom able to acknowledge it. 

Its interesting that some who have worked with Trump (on SNL) report he could not read either. Just interesting to me.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, dinkysquid said:

Whoopi didn't go to high school? And what did she mean by "I went to school in a different way?" Self-taught? Home schooled? She doesn't strike me as a prom type anyway. 

7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

From some online "biography," Goldberg unknowingly suffered from dyslexia, which affected her studies and ultimately induced her to drop out of high school at the age of 17.

Yeah, these things do not go together.   Just like there are discrepancies about her age, at the age at which she had her daughter, there's now a discrepancy in  how far she went to school.    Dropping out of school in 8th grade is not the same as dropping out at 17.  One means never starting high school, one means dropping out in her third or fourth year. 

Especially since most states require parents to send kids to school until 16.  kids don't get to opt out of high school.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

When I was in school, I had a neighborhood friend who was 2 years ahead of me when I first met her but she kept getting held back and I was eventually 2 years ahead of her and at that point she dropped out.   So, it is hard to buy someone being 17 in 8th grade, but I am not sure it is impossible.  I may be one of the few that really like Whoopi but I think she's done well and means well.  Now Jeddi..........that's a different matter.

• Love 6

I had to fast forward through that whole Muppet segment. Yeah....I know...I'm a miserable, old sod. 

I was interested in Susan Sarandon's comments about Feud, a series that I really enjoyed. 

Loved the animals, especially the sloth. And I was glad to see that Kevin did use the rock, to smash his rubber lizard.

• Love 3

I hate Muppet segments.  Do kids generally watch this show or is the point just to bore watchers to tears?  Because it worked.

Susan Sarandon was actually interesting until Joy had to bring up politics.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, backformore said:

Dropping out of school in 8th grade is not the same as dropping out at 17.  One means never starting high school, one means dropping out in her third or fourth year.

Maybe she was 17 yrs old in the 8th grade. ::shrugs::

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

When I was in school, I had a neighborhood friend who was 2 years ahead of me when I first met her but she kept getting held back and I was eventually 2 years ahead of her and at that point she dropped out.   So, it is hard to buy someone being 17 in 8th grade, but I am not sure it is impossible.  I may be one of the few that really like Whoopi but I think she's done well and means well.  Now Jeddi..........that's a different matter.

That's what I'm wondering, too. Back in the day, people did get held back. I knew a girl (woman!) who was turning 21 when I was in high school--late 70s. I don't know about 17 in 8th grade, though. 

Edited by MischaMouse
oops, left off her age
  • Love 1

Where's the ratings guru? When they do all these shows in advance and then air them as new, does the tv audience drop off?  I tune in to see what their reactions are to the latest developments not stale surveys. This week's episodes smell like milk gone bad. 

• Love 4

My dad always told a story about his two best friends in sixth grade who had their licenses.  

Lately I feel like hot topics is just Jed telling her stories.  Maybe it's her take charge way of taking.  Personally I wish Sarah would talk more.  She does make some interesting points.  

Have always loved Sesame Street. I was three when my parents divorced and Sesame Street kind of became my safe place.  Still remember it as that.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Where's the ratings guru? When they do all these shows in advance and then air them as new, does the tv audience drop off?  I tune in to see what their reactions are to the latest developments not stale surveys. This week's episodes smell like milk gone bad. 

I turned it on Monday and when I saw the opening "Hot Topic" was a boring generic subject, I turned it off. Then I saw here the whole week was pre-taped, so I haven't turned it on since.  They certainly picked a bad week to not be live, with the United and Spicer controversies.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

They certainly picked a bad week to not be live, with the United and Spicer controversies.

I'm grateful they're off this week, could you imagine how they would've fucked up these stories?  I can picture Jediblahblah sticking up for United.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3

OH MY FREAKIN' WONDER WOMAN!    Does Jedidiah ever stop talking?  Does she EVER stop being the expert on all things men...and women?  Politics?  Food?

It's just 10:30 here (The View started 30 minutes ago) and I'm already pissed.  I welcome commercials!

• Love 8

Why was Whoopi so upset with the "food baby bump" comment that Jedi blah blah made, other than it was just stupid.  It seemed she had some other issue with it.

I am so tired of Whoopi lecturing Sunny. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Why was Whoopi so upset with the "food baby bump" comment that Jedi blah blah made, other than it was just stupid.  It seemed she had some other issue with it.

I think it was just the ridiculous idea that someone as thin as Jed gets a "bump" when she over-eats.  No woman who is bigger than average wants to hear that from a skinny bitch.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think it was just the ridiculous idea that someone as thin as Jed gets a "bump" when she over-eats.  No woman who is bigger than average wants to hear that from a skinny bitch.

HaHaHa!  I should have gotten that, thanks.

• Love 1

Whoopi had a nerve telling Sunny that basically at the end of her life Sunny would have all of these regrets about whatever. Sunny is a highly educated, former federal prosecutor, legal advisor for a major network,and she has a long successful marriage to a man she adores, along with  two great children. Whoopi has no business lecturing anyone on how to live their life, least of all Sunny. I don't know how the rest of the panel stand Whoopi. She either looks bored out of her mind if she doesn't like the topic or what the others are saying, or she's lecturing them (and us) with her know it all attitude. And by the way, does she still hang out in bars to pick up men to have "hit and run sex" with? That's the impression I got today. She is one strange and irritating woman.

• Love 10