Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/10/2017

Athena
  • Start Topic

I got what both Joy and Whoopi were saying - that all the talk about "trying every day to be your best self" can get exhausting, and can produce a lot of guilt when you fail to measure up to your own expectations.   Joy was advocating taking time to enjoy the moment, instead of constantly striving.

• Love 4

I watched a little of today's show, and jeez, Jedi and Sunny were both hyper and affronted about the mere idea of an open relationship. Nobody was asking you to be part of one, ladies, calm down! LOL at Sunny treating sex like one big disease waiting to happen. And Jedi trying to label it adultery...! The two of them were annoying as hell.

• Love 3

If Sunny cocks her head to the side and looks up through her lashes again (a la Princess Di) I will throw something.  Just stop it. I like her. She is articulate and intelligent. Just stop that shit. It makes me stabby. She is a grown ass woman. not 12.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I watched a little of today's show, and jeez, Jedi and Sunny were both hyper and affronted about the mere idea of an open relationship. Nobody was asking you to be part of one, ladies, calm down! LOL at Sunny treating sex like one big disease waiting to happen. And Jedi trying to label it adultery...! The two of them were annoying as hell.

Here is thought, how about Jedi and Sunny simply say "whatever they find repulsive" isn't for me but to each his own?  Isn't Jedi supposed to be libertarian?  Aren't they all about live and let live as long as you aren't hurting anyone?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I knew one couple with an open relationship.   He was a bookish guy, an introvert who liked nothing better than being left alone to read his books.  He was married to an outgoing, sociable woman who enjoyed dancing and meeting people.  They had good times together, but he tired of being with people.  She dated other guys, had sex, but always came home to him before the night was over.  It worked for them.  She always described their marriage as "open, but only on one end." 

It wouldn't work for ME, but live and let live. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, ari333 said:

If Sunny cocks her head to the side and looks up through her lashes again (a la Princess Di) I will throw something.  Just stop it. I like her. She is articulate and intelligent. Just stop that shit. It makes me stabby. She is a grown ass woman. not 12.

Last week when Sunny said she started high school at age 12 and graduated at 16 (and didnt quite fitting in in high school and college), I kind of got some insight into her development or lack of social development. She is, in a lot of ways, that 12 year old, maybe. And she seems to have a controlling father. JMO. I still like her, and think she is brilliant when she is not talking about personal  opinions. 

• Love 7

Yeah, nothing's turned me off Sunny yet, I've just come to accept her opinions on men/relationships are pretty warped. In a way, it's probably for the best, that way her, Joy, and Sara bring quite a bit of differences to the conversation. I like Sara the best when she's talking about personal relationships. I know she gets a lot of flack when she gets too personal, but that's her best area to me.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
"are," not "is
  • Love 9
On 4/13/2017 at 0:04 PM, bannana said:

Why was Whoopi so upset with the "food baby bump" comment that Jedi blah blah made, other than it was just stupid.

It's probably one of those "cutsey" things the ever-clever-and-popular Miss Jedidiah has said just around Whoopi ONCE TOO OFTEN.  You know those people who create a line (a stupid line) and think they have to repeat it, repeat it, repeat it...oops.   This is what I got from it:  "Oh MY GOD!  If you use that stupid phrase 'mah food-baby bump' one more time, I'm gonna ram my worst shoe up your tiny ass."

• Love 5
20 hours ago, ari333 said:

She is a grown ass woman. not 12.

Maybe something damaging happened to her at age 12 (channeling Dr. Drew Pinsky) and that's what made her this not exactly "a grown ass woman."

• Love 2