Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Steven and Justin's Story Part 2

• Start Topic

I'm still saying the golf cart was a setup for TV. 

Remember how often they showed that scene in previews?  Every episode we all wondered, "would this be the one"?  Keeps people tuning in.

Otherwise, in terms of life and reality, using the golf cart made no sense whatsoever.

• The apartment guy sure wouldn't have thought of it on his own.
  • Steven could walk, and Dad could park nearby, so no need for it.
  • Nobody who owned a golf cart would volunteer to put 800 pounds on it.  They're not that strong.
  • No businessperson would risk the liability of what we saw.  That blob barely fit in the back, he was unsecured, and it was going over uneven terrain.  Definitely a predictable fall risk.

I'm saying that this whole scene was a setup.  The "apartment manager" was a TLC employee and the whole scene was planned and scripted.  Steven had the acting role as a stuntman and was probably thrilled to do it.  Look at what else he does for attention.

And how very convenient.  RIGHT - afterwards - RIGHT afterwards just *happens* to be the therapist appointment?  Seriously?  They had been pretending to be using the afternoon for apartment shopping.

Besides being outrageous TV, it played right into their plot of demonstrating him faking pain for meds.

I'd bet anything that this was all scripted.

• Love 22

I have a couple of random thoughts after finally reading everything:

Medical personnel in the different ERs who see Steven for the first time, are no doubt shocked when they see the condition of his legs.  I mean, they look horrible enough to be painful. Then he's writhing and sobbing that the leg pain is so bad that he's given pain meds.  I would think there's a computer database that tracks all this, and I'd say the jig is up for him now.

Since Steven has so much free time on his hands, I'll bet he's on that iPad looking for lawsuit material.  If he's calling the police for any little slight, this is another threat he can use.

After reading Justin's AMA/Reddit, he seems like a nice, lonely, humble guy, a self-described nerd into gaming, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.  During My 600, I also thought he could have a degree of Aspergers. I'll give him a pass just for his long suffering because of Steven.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pentwater said:

Gravity challenged? 

When people are as fat as that, they have their own gravity. Look at how Steven sucked everyone into his orbit. (I'm a believer in calling a spade a spade, and I don't think "fat" is a dirty word. Steven and his brother are fat.)

I never watched this show before the James episode because I always felt it was exploitive of fat people, and nothing I've seen tells me otherwise. 

I did have to laugh at the way Steven played the three doctors at the rehab hospital. I wasn't paying that much attention, but when/how did it come to light that he was addicted to painkillers? I figured the whole thing was a scam. At least the therapist seemed to see through Steven's bullshit.

How gross were all the urinals on the bedside table in the apartment? The guy is mobile, so no excuse for not using the toilet. 

I felt a little sorry for the father -- having to support the son in Texas, and sinking money into a hobby store for the other that will likely fail in a short time. 

The bit in front of the mirror was powerful, with the doctor telling Steven he didn't even look human (at least his legs). Even if he got the gastric bypass and dropped 500 pounds, how do his legs recover to look somewhat normal again? 

Is this the first time no one was helped? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Trees said:

I'm still saying the golf cart was a setup for TV. 

Remember how often they showed that scene in previews?  Every episode we all wondered, "would this be the one"?  Keeps people tuning in.

Otherwise, in terms of life and reality, using the golf cart made no sense whatsoever.

• The apartment guy sure wouldn't have thought of it on his own.
  • Steven could walk, and Dad could park nearby, so no need for it.
  • Nobody who owned a golf cart would volunteer to put 800 pounds on it.  They're not that strong.
  • No businessperson would risk the liability of what we saw.  That blob barely fit in the back, he was unsecured, and it was going over uneven terrain.  Definitely a predictable fall risk.

I'm saying that this whole scene was a setup.  The "apartment manager" was a TLC employee and the whole scene was planned and scripted.  Steven had the acting role as a stuntman and was probably thrilled to do it.  Look at what else he does for attention.

And how very convenient.  RIGHT - afterwards - RIGHT afterwards just *happens* to be the therapist appointment?  Seriously?  They had been pretending to be using the afternoon for apartment shopping.

Besides being outrageous TV, it played right into their plot of demonstrating him faking pain for meds.

I'd bet anything that this was all scripted.

Sure it was - I'll add to your list of proofs that shitty apartment complexes don't own golf carts to tour prospective renters around.  And he was looking for a place even cheaper and shittier than he already owned.  Any golf carts were totally supplied by TLC!! 

8 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I don't think he exhibited depression so much as psychosis... a depressed person doesn't grin with satisfaction when they know they've gotten what they want, or connive to get ambulance rides and drugs. He is a sociopath, and I don't know if anything at all on that show was anything but an act.  I said earlier, the hair-pulling seemed like something he came up with when googling "concerning behaviors in adolescents." For that reason, I think the urine bottles, the food boxes, the general filth of his living conditions may well have been another thing he did for shock factor. After all, he fancies himself a star/actor/celebrity; the outlandish behaviors just keep him in the limelight and others talking a few days longer.

You're probably right, but I thought it was all just laziness and being gross

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

How gross were all the urinals on the bedside table in the apartment? The guy is mobile, so no excuse for not using the toilet. 

I wondered how did he get so many of those hospital urine containers? Another waste of taxpayer dollars. I'm sure Medicaid is billed way more then those containers are cost and probably have a medical supply company deliver them.

Steven's dad said Steven would only use the bathroom for #2.  Just shows how lazy he is, he can use the restroom but would rather pee in a container and sit it next to his soda.

• Love 5

*raises hand* Okay people keep saying he should be able to walk to the toilet to pee BUT I have a thought about that...now granted I am female but...don't you guys think maybe he can't...um...aim, with that huge curtain of flesh hanging down in front there? Like, I think having to reach under and hold a bottle there to pee instead of standing in front of a toilet makes sense if you're built that way? You would need both hands just to hold your stomach up and you wouldn't be able to see anything. Am I the only one who thinks that?

God I feel dumb. :| AM I the only one?

(But could he walk to the toilet to EMPTY those bottles, absolutely.)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, NeitherSparky said:

Like, I think having to reach under and hold a bottle there to pee instead of standing in front of a toilet makes sense if you're built that way? You would need both hands just to hold your stomach up and you wouldn't be able to see anything. Am I the only one who thinks that?

You have a good point, but omg, I'd truly rather not contemplate it in such graphic detail. There are some images the mind just cannot erase! LOL!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NeitherSparky said:

*raises hand* Okay people keep saying he should be able to walk to the toilet to pee BUT I have a thought about that...now granted I am female but...don't you guys think maybe he can't...um...aim, with that huge curtain of flesh hanging down in front there? Like, I think having to reach under and hold a bottle there to pee instead of standing in front of a toilet makes sense if you're built that way? You would need both hands just to hold your stomach up and you wouldn't be able to see anything. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I think the same as you. Not only is he physically unable to go the normal way, he's just lazy. 

I still wonder how these large sized people are able to sit on & use a normal size toilet.  Especially the ones that have the rolls around their stomach. How do they fit? I'm sure they just plop down on the toilet rather than lowering themselves normally.  That has to loosen things up with the toilet.  Like Steven's dad pointed out, it's amazing Steven just broke the lid of the tank of the toilet and not the tank itself.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, NeitherSparky said:

But there's no law against a man sitting down to pee.  I'm sure many do that at night, just to avoid having to turn on a light.  And if he can't reach past the fat to stand up and pee, how does he reach past it to position a urinal?

Okay, this thread has officially sunk to an all-time low.  LOL.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Steven's dad said Steven would only use the bathroom for #2.  Just shows how lazy he is, he can use the restroom but would rather pee in a container and sit it next to his soda.

Having seen plenty of obese people (and I'm not even talking super-morbidly obese), the pannus (hanging abdominal fat) makes it hard to visualize the man's -er- junk. So standing and aiming (not that I'd imagine he cares much about a mess) would be challenging, to say the least.  Shoving a urinal up there is probably a more surefire way of making sure it doesn't end up on the floor.

• Love 2

I agree @Trees and @princelina and will add that there was no reason to drive the golf cart up over the curb to, ostensibly,  get him closer to the door. They needed to stage that bump so he could slide off onto the grass  Shameless.  

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Otter said:

But how ANYONE behaves like that is foreign to me.  My mom in her dementia was more "normal".  If I even close to being like Steven, I would hope that someone would put a bullet through my head.  

I agree. My 87 y/o mom has dementia too and she is exponentially easier to care for than Steven. She is also mentally healthier and much more self aware.  She is fascinated by this show and as she watched Steven, continually said, "My God, aren't you glad we're not like him? I feel so lucky sitting here in my clean house, with my health."

And this from an 80 lb person with dementia, diabetes, diverticulitis, osteoporosis, recurring bladder cancer, liver cirrhosis caused by diabetes, high blood pressure, and who has had three hip replacements, two back surgeries, an inflamed gall bladder, and a collapsed Eustachian tube (yeah even I said WTF on that one).

Well said mom, well said. 

Edited by Anchorabu
  • Love 22
(edited)

I think both Steven and Justin are still at the age where they were abandoned. If you note their behavior it is still like a  15 and 9 year old. 

Edited by ethalfrida
typo
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

I think both Steven and Justin are still at the age where they were abandoned. If you note their behavior it is still like a 5 and 9 year old. 

I agree with this.  There is definitely arrested development.

Falling off the golf cart was totally staged for reasons others have pointed out.  I will also add Steven could barely control his laughter during it.  When he was pretending to cry he was laughing.  Sometimes he would cover his mouth to try and hide it.

Steven's mouth is so gross and it looks like he doesn't brush his teeth.  One tooth in particular was visibly worsening as the months progressed.  It was the 3rd tooth from the center on the upper left.  It turned from yellow to eventually brown by the end of the 4 hours.  When they did close ups of his mouth I would have to turn away because his lips were all crusty and caked with mouth gunk.  *blurgh*   Obviously, he can get up and walk.  He has access to basic necessities of care.  If he can buy multiple liters of Coke then he can buy a toothbrush and toothpaste.

Justin's Hobby Haven store was such a waste of time, money, and energy.  That store was just depressing with the few items for sale on temporary folding tables.   Somewhere he said he saved money to open the store by selling at the flea market which is a good place.   His other avenue of sales should be ebay and etsy.   Youtube videos of him making the models and demonstrating the other items then a link in the description to either buy it from him on ebay or etsy or an affiliate link to amazon.  I just can't with how these people don't know childish wants from reality, and the dad enabling it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Having seen plenty of obese people (and I'm not even talking super-morbidly obese), the pannus (hanging abdominal fat) makes it hard to visualize the man's -er- junk. So standing and aiming (not that I'd imagine he cares much about a mess) would be challenging, to say the least.  Shoving a urinal up there is probably a more surefire way of making sure it doesn't end up on the floor.

He could just sit down for #1.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Aw my lahgs said:

Sitting can cause it to be obstructed. The trajectory could be inappropriate. That thing ain't going to point downwards with his huge thighs on either side of it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anchorabu said:

I agree. My 87 y/o mom has dementia too and she is exponentially easier to care for than Steven. She is also mentally healthier and much more self aware.  She is fascinated by this show and as she watched Steven, continually said, "My God, aren't you glad we're not like him? I feel so lucky sitting here in my clean house, with my health."

And this from an 80 lb person with dementia, diabetes, diverticulitis, osteoporosis, recurring bladder cancer, liver cirrhosis caused by diabetes, high blood pressure, and who has had three hip replacements, two back surgeries, an inflamed gall bladder, and a collapsed Eustachian tube (yeah even I said WTF on that one).

Well said mom, well said. 

I knew I loved her. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Trees said:

Never say never!  We thought this with James!

Back in the day, I never thought I'd see worse than Penny - voila - along came the mean and hateful Marla. 

I was neutral about them all until Then Nicole the Juggalo topped Marla.  

Then James topped Nicole. 

This Assanti freak topped all of them combined!

With so many freaks in one season, I'm betting Jonathan Nowzardan and his dad are digging deep for more nightmares.

Is it bad that, now that I've seen James and Steven, I don't think Nicole is that bad?

Also, is it a sign that I've been watching this show too long that, when I see someone who is, say, 400 pounds, I think "well, they're not THAT big."  Somehow, I've started mentally comparing everyone to James, I guess.  I mean, size-wise. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

Justin's Hobby Haven store was such a waste of time, money, and energy.  That store was just depressing with the few items for sale on temporary folding tables.   Somewhere he said he saved money to open the store by selling at the flea market which is a good place.   His other avenue of sales should be ebay and etsy.   Youtube videos of him making the models and demonstrating the other items then a link in the description to either buy it from him on ebay or etsy or an affiliate link to amazon.  I just can't with how these people don't know childish wants from reality, and the dad enabling it.

Remember in the first episode how Justin used the camera on his phone to look at Dr. Now--even though they were in the same room-- and made his dad do all the talking? I don't get how someone with that much social anxiety could logically think he could own a store, where he has to not only interact with customers, distributors, landlords, etc., but make it an inviting place that people would want to visit. It was a WoW type gamer hobby shop and their social rules are a little different, but we have one not far from my house and the guy who runs it is very polite and friendly. I can't see Justin being able to handle that. Maybe that's why he had to shut down for a week when dad went to Texas. I'll bet his dad does most of the work in the store while Justin sits behind the counter with his PS4.

9 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I wondered how did he get so many of those hospital urine containers? Another waste of taxpayer dollars. I'm sure Medicaid is billed way more then those containers are cost and probably have a medical supply company deliver them.

They're probably leftovers from his many, many hospital stays. Whenever my son has been in the hospital, they've sent him home with everything he's used including the urinals, barf buckets, nebulizer tubing, oxygen masks, etc. Steven probably has boxes full of them. 

And I agree the golf cart scene was totally staged for reasons already mentioned. Plus, on the GIFs I've seen, the camera changes angles halfway through the fall, so we miss the part where he actually hits the ground. Is that how it happened on the show? That seems shady to me.

3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Is it bad that, now that I've seen James and Steven, I don't think Nicole is that bad?

I would agree with you except that Nicole has kids who are very obviously traumatized by their living conditions. That makes her worse IMO because she's letting harm come to them and probably causing some of it herself. Her one redeeming moment for me was when she was playing with the little girl and tickling her toes. That was very sweet.

Edited by MillieSparklepants
Typos
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Aw my lahgs said:

If he could aim for the bottle he could aim for the toilet.  I subscribe to the theory that he's lazy.

I believe the golf cart was genuine.  Please don't take that joy away from me!

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, MillieSparklepants said:

Remember in the first episode how Justin used the camera on his phone to look at Dr. Now--even though they were in the same room-- and made his dad do all the talking? I don't get how someone with that much social anxiety could logically think he could own a store, where he has to not only interact with customers, distributors, landlords, etc., but make it an inviting place that people would want to visit. It was a WoW type gamer hobby shop and their social rules are a little different, but we have one not far from my house and the guy who runs it is very polite and friendly. I can't see Justin being able to handle that. Maybe that's why he had to shut down for a week when dad went to Texas. I'll bet his dad does most of the work in the store while Justin sits behind the counter with his PS4..

Those are all very valid points.  None of them seem to have any concept of reality.  

I was thinking maybe he had to shut down because he can't drive and dad is the one who drives him.  I bet you are on point that Justin doesn't really run the store.  The dad does.

Edited by AirQuotes
added more commentary
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

Also, is it a sign that I've been watching this show too long that, when I see someone who is, say, 400 pounds, I think "well, they're not THAT big."  Somehow, I've started mentally comparing everyone to James, I guess.  I mean, size-wise. 

We're going to rename this thought process "The Whitney Way Thore Syndrome."

• Love 11

I won't disagree about Justin having social anxiety issues but I bet he does OK when the interaction is on his terms and concerns something he is really interested in. I have a funny feeling that left on his own he wouldn't have expressed any interest in contacting Dr. Now. Sitting in a small shop that only attracts people that are interested in the things you love might be heaven to him  

What is the possibly that he was coerced into participating?  I can see Steven screaming and crying and guilting his dad into getting Justin to participate. Either because TLC said they wanted a package deal with the two of them or no show or because Steven knew they (he) would get twice as much airtime. 

If Justin was a reluctant participant to begin with I can see how a horrendous  trip halfway across country while everyone caters to the brother he despises would push him over the edge. Then he gets to Houston and a doctor followed by cameras gets in his face and just wants to scare him about his health and make him stay right near his brother. That's not how we see it but look at it from Justin's POV.  I think it was just too much for him. 

• Love 8
On 4/6/2017 at 1:00 AM, silverspoons said:

I tried to fill my son's seizure meds 2 days early before we took a trip out of state (for medical care) and was denied.

No kidding! My husband has diabetes and has been denied refills of his meds if we make the mistake of requesting the refill too soon. I have no idea how anyone can get away with cheating the system.

• Love 2

I have multiple sclerosis. When my sister took me along on her apartment hunting in Florida, because she needed my help for a deposit, there were a few places that had a long stretched out property and they had golf carts to shuttle us around. My sister is morbidly obese but could walk it, I couldn't. Thinking back, there were three, at least. We went to quite a few and many had an apartment close to the front to look at, but if they didn't we were transported. I think he absolutely pushed himself off, not slipped because of gravity, but don't think it was scripted. A golf cart being there just isn't unusual.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

If he could aim for the bottle he could aim for the toilet.  I subscribe to the theory that he's lazy.

I believe the golf cart was genuine.  Please don't take that joy away from me!

Peeing in a bottle isn't even the biggest problem. I can understand it being hard to pee at the toilet... No one would mind if he emptied the bottle immediately after using it. 

The issue is he pees in bottles and keeps them (in multiples!) endlessly next to his bed besides his soda and junk food. That's just disgusting. He's mobile, there's no reason for him not to dispose of his urine besides laziness.

• Love 12
(edited)

Finally watched last night. Can't add much more to what's been said.

Black hole is a perfect term for this guy.  There are some people that bring more misery to the world than their positive contributions.

What I see in Stephen are personality disorder first, developmental delays second, and then addictions third. I think his brother most likely has a developmental disorder as well, and has been traumatized by his brother's bullying since childhood.

I wish I could find a link, but several years ago I either I heard a podcast from NPR where they described a program in a city where they identified the extremely high utilizers of health care and then created a program to manage this problem.

Ok, I was going to write about that, but I just googled "high utilizers" and found that there is actually a lot of work being done on this topic. It appears the correct term is "super-utilizer" and Stephen is an example of what one looks like. 

This is a collection of some articles about programs in various cities. If you google that phrase, you can find more.

here is the intro:

"In many regions across the country, robust “super-utilizer” programs that provide intensive outpatient care management to high-need, high-cost patients are beginning to emerge. The term “super-utilizer” describes individuals whose complex physical, behavioral, and social needs are not well met through the current fragmented health care system. As a result, these individuals often bounce from emergency department to emergency department, from inpatient admission to readmission or institutionalization—all costly, chaotic, and ineffective ways to provide care and improve patient outcomes. This collection explains Jeffrey Brenner's approach to improving health care delivery and illustrates how three organizations are testing and expanding this model."

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 4

Princess? Dr. Paradise?  Do you think this is anybody's real names.  ;-)

I notice during the times when Stephens trying to snow someone (or thinks he's being 'charming') he talks with this weird drawl. Or maybe thats just the pills talking.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Trees said:

Nobody who owned a golf cart would volunteer to put 800 pounds on it.  They're not that strong.

I wondered about this myself.  

17 hours ago, Pentwater said:

Gravity challenged? 

this is my favorite new euphemism.  

• Love 3

Lol, I am from Houston and I kid you not I went to school with 3 girls named Princess (probably more but those were the ones I knew), so it doesn't seem that odd to me. Maybe it's regional??‍♀️.

Golf carts aren't that unusual at apartment complexes around here, I just moved back to Texas from Florida and when I was looking almost all of the apts had at least 1, I don't mind walking so it didn't make much difference to me whether we used it or not. But I don't know how it seemed like a good idea to them, surely Steven alone would be over the max weight, then add 150-200 for 2 more adults and expecting to jump a curb?? I just don't buy it, I would be hesitant to have Steven in my car, let alone a golf cart.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

His other avenue of sales should be ebay and etsy.

absolutely!  My niece's whole career is ebay and she does it so well that her husband quit HIS job to work for her.  It is great, if you know what you're doing. 

• Love 2
On 4/8/2017 at 7:47 AM, Honey said:

I didn't think you could direct the ambulance driver to bring you to any hospital you want.  I always thought it would be the closest one.  If he was going to all of those different ERs, some of them had to be quite far away.  Why would they bring him?

He wasn't calling an emergency ambulance, he was calling non-emergency services. (He specified this in part 1.) Either way, you can still choose where you go. We talked about this earlier in the thread, but I can't remember how far back it is.

• Love 1
(edited)

I also wouldn't let Steven anywhere near my golf cart (if I had one) due to fear he would break it in more ways than one (bend the frame, pop the tires, burn up the motor!, etc.).

Can you imagine what the taxi drivers think when they answer his call for a ride?!?  I'm sure they are freaking out.

And gag!  I'm on the same page as whoever said he wouldn't come anywhere near their car.  I'm sure he stinks like hell!  All the strain that ham beast puts on a vehicle...no, just no.  He breaks bariatric beds engineered to endure his weight!

Edited by AirQuotes
  • Love 6
On 4/8/2017 at 6:47 AM, Honey said:

I didn't think you could direct the ambulance driver to bring you to any hospital you want.  I always thought it would be the closest one.  If he was going to all of those different ERs, some of them had to be quite far away.  Why would they bring him?

Unless you are 'critical,' you can chose the hospital. At least in many states, including mine.  

My employer (large healthcare system with multiple hospitals in different counties) is self-insured and simply uses Blue Cross to administer the plan. As such, you cannot use any hospital outside of the system unless it is a critical emergency, i.e. stroke, heart attack. Even then, once you are stable enough to be transferred, it must take place. The only exception to the rule is for treatment that isn't performed at any of our facilities. 

Anyway, my point is that with so many different healthcare plans in existence, ambulance patients are given the choice whenever possible in an effort to minimize additional ambulance services in a few hours or the next day. 

Oh and HIPPA restricts EMT's/dispatchers, etc. from discussing patient information outside of their job duties. So, even if the same personnel transport Steven multiple times, they can't discuss the BS amongst themselves or with coworkers who may have also come in contact with him. Their job is to transport him and provide transport medical care only.  They shouldn't  'talk out of school' and whisper to the ER nurse that this is the fifth hospital visit in twelve days for him that you've been assigned to. They have to rely on the hope that lard butt's exploitation of the system will be caught by the processes in place. They could report him, however, if he gives them a DOB that doesn't match what he provided in the past or a false name when they've documented his real name in the past via DL or insurance card. Then, he'd be suspected of fraud and the staff could report him for that violation and not be on the wrong side of HIPPA. 

Ironic that HIPPA protects the HIPPO in this case LOL 

• Love 4

I absolutely believe Steven fell off that golf cart. When you are that size, that seat would feel like sitting on a balance beam, and he was probably struggling just to keep himself on it, pushing with his legs to keep from sliding off.  Then add in the slight incline tipping him toward the back side, and yeah of course he fell off.  It's not something a normal-sized person can understand. Now, there was something totally hinky about the filming of it, the switch of cameras and the cut in the middle of it. Who knows. But damn of course he fell off that stupid cart. And yes even crappy apartment complexes have golf carts. 

• Love 6

OK I am now convinced that the golf cart scene was real.  So now, imagine this...

The guys are filming.  It gets precarious.  He falls.  He begins to scream.

Imagine the film guys?  Were they like, "Woohoo!  SCORE! The boss is gonna love this!"

But they have to bite their lips and stay silent, because they're professionals. Imagine how Dad would scream at the film guys guffawing over the scene? (Steven would have loved it).

I bet they could not even glance over at each other for fear of breaking out laughing.  Betting they partied big-time that night.

• Love 3
On 4/8/2017 at 3:53 PM, Michael Stabosz said:

I kinda wonder if a golf cart can run over a human at a healthy weight.  Golf carts aren't that big and don't have particularly powerful motors.

I am more surprised the golf cart was able to pull him, his dad, and the property manager.

Well, until he fell off.....

In fact, I don't think he fell off...I think the golf cart rebelled.

9 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

He could simply *empty* the urinals after he uses them and not let them sit around full.

But then how could he shock anyone who happened to wander, unawares, into his abode?

• Love 2
On 4/8/2017 at 6:13 AM, Michael Stabosz said:

That's a decent point, but this new tactic of Dr. Now hospitalizing people less applies to all his patients.  It's a lot less common than it was in the older seasons.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Texas not expanding Medicaid when Obamacare was instituted?

• Love 3

Hello all, finally delurking. I have enjoyed following everyone's posts. 

Regarding the golf cart at the apartment, for whatever reason the show did not blur out the apartment name. They were looking at the La Casita apartments. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link it but you can Google it and they seem like a pretty large complex (at least a dozen buildings.) Google street view from both Sunnyside St and Werner St show the golf cart parked outside the leasing office.

I watched the golf cart scene several times. I happened to notice when they switched angles there was an ambulance sitting right across the street. I have (hopefully) attached the best screenshot I could get. Is it coincidence or does it defy credulity? You be the judge.

58ead7ed00b32_GolfCart(800x600).thumb.jpg.bee83662576e6274b848461b7e22f3de.jpg

• Love 19
18 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Maybe when he's standing it's too hard to lift up his stomach, to access his pecker, so he can pee?  You're welcome for that visual, btw.  ;)

45 minutes ago, FGD-135 said:

watched the golf cart scene several times. I happened to notice when they switched angles there was an ambulance sitting right across the street.

Excellent detective work !

• Love 11
19 hours ago, silverspoons said:

You can order urinal bottles directly online , although I'm sure Steven (or his dad) didn't pay for them. 

• Love 1