Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Steven and Justin's Story Part 2

• Start Topic

(edited)

I enjoyed reading all the Live Chat posts last nite including  Anchorabu mom's contributions. She is definitely on the ball & doesn't miss a thing.  We Love You Mom!! :)

Here are some more observations.  Sorry if there are duplicates, I haven't read all the posts yet.

On Intervention the patient is always greeted at the front door of the detox or rehab facility by the director or head honcho.  I knows it's for the show but I laughed when Steven had to walk thru the halls to find the docs. No special greeting for him. I'm sure the docs knew he was high when he was talking with them on the intake interview.  If he was in withdrawal, like he claims, he would have had more physical symptoms like vomiting & diarrhea & I'm sure we wouldn't have seen the calm Steven like we did. 

Can anyone guess how much $$ it takes to open a small business like Justin's?  The dad made a comment toward the end about he's close to losing his house or something like that. Did he take out a home equity loan like James's dad?  Do we know what Dad does & how he affords everything including being able to leave work to fly to Texas right away? There was a boat in the driveway when they started on the trip to Texas.  Did he sell that?  Did TLC pay for all of Dads plane tickets, motel rooms & car rentals for his jaunts to Houston?    

I loved the ravioli dinner scene & how Justin & Dad were using a take out container as plates, very thrifty --  Dad had the black bottom bowl part & Justin ate off the lid.  

I'm watching the Super size show & pop up says Princess' sister is a cop.  Love it!!   I liked Steven's demands for Princess:  "Drop off my pills, FIX ME SOMETHING TO EAT & leave."  Can't forget that food.

Whenever they are moving him on the supersized ambulance stretcher with those long handles, it reminds me of when they  push stuff around on plats in Home Depot or Costco. Just another "Wide Load."  Those poor fireman, having to set up the guides to roll him up & in the ambulance because there's no way the stretcher could be raised& lowered like it is for normal weight people.

His right leg/foot (the green, gray one) has stopped grossing me out & I'm becoming fascinated with it. (I really need to get a life) Like where is his ankle located in that big blob?  Where does his foot start? It looks like he's prancing on hooves when he walks. Fascinating.

His rat face & teeth do scare me though, along with the thicker hair.  There's something about his nose too.  I know we can't choose our body parts, but he has real thin nostrils & because of the tilt of his nose, it seems we are being exposed to the inside of his nostrils whenever they show him.  Along with him wiping his nose with just his hands & no Kleenex (& wiping them on the wall, per another poster's observation) that really grosses me out.  Almost more than seeing his jiggly naked body, close but not quite. Just watched the golf cart scene again and he slipped right off the cart landing on his big cushy backside.  No damage there with all that padding.

ETA:  they are showing him moving into cheaper apartment. It looks like he is using the broken hospital bed from the ambulance since they showed Dad bringing in cinder blocks & they showed the broken frame.  Good.  I'm glad our tax dollars didn't go to getting him a better bed.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Dr. Now mentioned having only one doctor prescribe when he was referring to the long list in the database. Either Steven had signed a pain management agreement at some point or Dr. Now was going to force him to was my feeling. My mom had a knee replacement gone wrong, MRSA, 5 surgeries and while my mom couldn't even drive, they had her sign a pain management agreement that only one doctor would give her medications and she had to pick a pharmacy and they do check the database. Crazy they did this for my 71 year old mom when she had never filled a pain prescription in her life before this surgery.  As much as Dr. Now wanted to get rid of Steven's addiction, I think he knew if Steven filed a compliant and turned in pictures of his legs, proof of the ongoing clots and whatever is growing on his legs, he would get pain meds again. At least if he was on a contract with one pain management clinic, the database is checked and he could not get away with the ER visits and Dr. Now could not prescribe him anything.  Steven never look clean or not high to me even at the very end. The camera also panned in on pills bottles every time they filmed his apartment. Even on his recent social media posts and he said this episode ended 6 months ago he still seem high.

That's how it is for me. I have a pain management/narcotics contract with my GI which means I can't get narcotics from any other doctor without my GI's approval (like when I had pneumonia a few months back and my primary doc prescribed me codeine cough syrup, but they wouldn't let me have the script until I showed them the text from my GI saying it was ok). The only place I don't have to get prior approval from is the ER. Makes me wonder why Dr. Now didn't have him sign a contract...though I suppose even if he did Steven would still doctor shop or ER hop because he doesn't care. Here in PA you also can't get narcotics filled without a paper script and there's no way for a doctor to prescribe it afterhours or on weekends because you can't just call/fax it in, even if it's only a small "hold-over" amount until you can get into the office. Though that may vary from state to state, I am not sure.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I enjoyed reading all the Live Chat posts last nite including  Anchorabu mom's contributions. She is definitely on the ball & doesn't miss a thing.  We Love You Mom!! :)

Here are some more observations.  Sorry if there are duplicates, I haven't read all the posts yet.

On Intervention the patient is always greeted at the front door of the detox or rehab facility by the director or head honcho.  I knows it's for the show but I laughed when Steven had to walk thru the halls to find the docs. No special greeting for him. I'm sure the docs knew he was high when he was talking with them on the intake interview.  If he was in withdrawal, like he claims, he would have had more physical symptoms like vomiting & diarrhea & I'm sure we wouldn't have seen the calm Steven like we did. 

Can anyone guess how much $$ it takes to open a small business like Justin's?  The dad made a comment toward the end about he's close to losing his house or something like that. Did he take out a home equity loan like James's dad?  Do we know what Dad does & how he affords everything including being able to leave work to fly to Texas right away? There was a boat in the driveway when they started on the trip to Texas.  Did he sell that?  Did TLC pay for all of Dads plane tickets, motel rooms & car rentals for his jaunts to Houston?    

I loved the ravioli dinner scene & how Justin & Dad were using a take out container as plates, very thrifty --  Dad had the black bottom bowl part & Justin ate off the lid.  

This link here may answer some of your questions about the family. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/My600lbLife/comments/63qq57/im_justin_assanti_ask_me_almost_anything/

• Love 2

Barb23,

I'll admit and acknowledge its not nice, but his nose bothers me too. A lot.   

One of the pop-ups said he wants to be an actor.  LOL

Steven Assanti now starring in Romeo and Pepperoni?     

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is way worse than pie :(

Could someone tell me how to hide the picture?? I want people to not have to see it without WANTING to, because it's GROSS.

Wow this is seriously messed up. He is truly a sick twisted mental case. His brain is not right. This makes me wonder why Dr. Now is so fascinated with this fucking genetic mishap. I'm beginning to think maybe Dr. Now is a twisted fuck as well. He spent far too much time with this piece of shit, demented fuckwit than he should have. They dedicated two episodes (maybe three) on this fat fuck. I think Dr. Now is not okay in the head either. I can't stop thinking this since the "Steve" episodes. I'm calling a spade a spade, what's with Dr. Now and the Steve fascination? He does not deserve the attention that Dr Now is giving to him. I am almost certain that Steven has sexually abused Justin. I knew this fat fuck was demented but the "shit" video? I am really hoping that Steve gets himself locked up in prison for ever. He will be in prison like everyone else, they wont give this fat fuck any special treatment. Fat isn't a disability and he's got it on video that he moves around pretty good. Omg he's playing with his own shit HE'S PLAYING WITH HIS OWN SHIT. All the SJW's that hope he gets help? No there is no help for him. He is an abomination, lock him up and throw away the key and forget about him. Playing with his shit... smh...

• Love 9

Anyone else notice that majority of the men on this show are so infantile?  Chuck was one of the first episodes and he drove me nuts.  As he did his wife.  The crocodile tears.  Steven has been the worst because he's always smiling so inappropriately.  ugh, mental illness.  Still haven't watched Part 2.  The Assantis all need to eat each other and die with full tummies.  

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, OwlBwise2 said:

This link here may answer some of your questions about the family. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/My600lbLife/comments/63qq57/im_justin_assanti_ask_me_almost_anything/

Thanks for the link.

Regarding Steven going to prison.   I love all kinds of prison shows. Recently I've seen 2 different prisoners whose tales  were told on Dateline show up on Lockup.  Their interviews were very interesting.  Now I can't wait for Steven to break the law & end up on Lockup: Extended Stay Houston.  Makes me wonder,  is there an orange jumpsuit large enough to fit him?

• Love 4

Why did I click on that YouTube link... Seriously.. Why???? Christ on a cracker.. He needs to be put out of our misery. 

Adding to the pain med conversation, OSM Dad has been on Tramadol for years for his back. He gets it from the VA. They send him his meds through the mail, and a couple years ago, they made it a schedule 2 (I think that's the right #) drug and now it has to be signed for instead of being just put in the mailbox with the rest of his meds. 

I broke a tooth down to the gum line in January and had to have the rest extracted. The oral surgeon gave me a scrip for 20 #3 Tylenol.  

Justin said on that reddit ama that when he was maybe 5, Steven took his hand and slammed it in a door. He still has the scar. What a sadistic asshole Steven is. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Thanks for the link.

Regarding Steven going to prison.   I love all kinds of prison shows. Recently I've seen 2 different prisoners whose tales  were told on Dateline show up on Lockup.  Their interviews were very interesting.  Now I can't wait for Steven to break the law & end up on Lockup: Extended Stay Houston.  Makes me wonder,  is there an orange jumpsuit large enough to fit him?

Maybe this also come in orange?

IMG_0657.JPG

• Love 15

What a snooze fest. I watched about five minutes of Part II; same old, same old. Nothing interesting, entertaining, edifying or worthwhile. Steven could swing his big fat schwang in figure eights and I'd still be bored.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm a retired Psychiatric/Substance Abuse nurse in Texas.  I can tell you that a patient is admitted to an inpatient facility to complete a medical detox from certain substances that would otherwise cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.  Opiates, alcohol, heroin, meth and narcotics fall under this rule.  When the patient is safely detoxed (which typically takes no more than 5-10 days, depending on the substance), he/she is then discharged from the inpatient unit UNLESS there are dangerous psychiatric symptoms prevailing (these being suicidal ideation, danger to self or others or hallucinations).  The rest of the treatment is done outpatient--either in a day treatment program, a live-in rehab setting or with an outpatient therapist, and all substance abuse treatment is voluntary--does not fall within the laws of involuntary commitments.  When I was working, Medicaid and Medicare would pay for the detox and some outpatient individual therapy programs but not a live-in rehab setting (we called them residential care).  Even it they did, the patient is required to be self-sufficient in terms of self care.  No residential treatment facility is going to wait hand and foot on a 700 pound immobile man-child.  They are expected to wash their own clothes, keep their rooms clean, attend 12 step meetings and even go to job interviews.  There are typically no nurses and the doctors come in to speak with the patient on a weekly (not daily) basis.   I'm sure given Steven's physical issues,  he was expected to continue his treatment with his home therapist.  

Also, I'm not sure I buy that he received all of those bottles of pain meds from hospitals and pharmacies--Medicare/Medicaid will only pay for so many prescriptions and they are carefully monitored.  That many pills in such a short time would surely cause a red flag.  And, how did he get them?  Very few (if any) pharmacies deliver prescriptions anymore and he sure didn't go pick them up in an ambulance.  And I've never heard of an ER sending a patient out with an Rx for more than 10-20 pills.  I think he has made a connection with someone in his housing "project" who helps him get the pills from a pill mill (still plenty of those around), probably using his name to receive the scripts for him.  His father is probably helping pay for them, thinking he is sending pizza money.  Where there's a will, there is a way. 

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

Steven threw himself off the cart. He's an addict and a monster.  

Dr Now should just cut those leg monstrosities off.  Problem solved as far as excuses.  

And there's no way with that padding and the way he fell that he was injured  He landed on that sofa-sized ass of his   

I'm so evil   I want to go to GoDaddy and buy the domain name www.steveassantiisawalkingturd.com    And then bribe Google to make it the first site that pops up when he Googles his name    (Because you KNOW he does.)

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, 4leafclover said:

I think he has made a connection with someone in his housing "project" who helps him get the pills from a pill mill (still plenty of those around), probably using his name to receive the scripts for him.  His father is probably helping pay for them, thinking he is sending pizza money.  Where there's a will, there is a way. 

This above. I agree. But, if he's using someone else's name, or even going by John Assanti and/or Steven Assanti, he is a pretty recognizable person. He's probably going to many, many different doctors?

Also, something else is bothering me. When he was in the car and the father was talking to his therapist, when they came out of the building the fire department was there and he was saying he was hurt, needed to go to the hospital, etc. Steven Sr told the paramedics that, something like "My son just wants to go there to get the drugs" and he made the motion of shooting up in his arm to make his point about what kind of drugs. Why didn't he say his son was a pain pilll addict? Had Steven made the jump from pills to needles and that's why Dad made the motion of a junkie? I think the paramedics would have understood without all the motions.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, chickenella said:

This above. I agree. But, if he's using someone else's name, or even going by John Assanti and/or Steven Assanti, he is a pretty recognizable person. He's probably going to many, many different doctors?

Also, something else is bothering me. When he was in the car and the father was talking to his therapist, when they came out of the building the fire department was there and he was saying he was hurt, needed to go to the hospital, etc. Steven Sr told the paramedics that, something like "My son just wants to go there to get the drugs" and he made the motion of shooting up in his arm to make his point about what kind of drugs. Why didn't he say his son was a pain pilll addict? Had Steven made the jump from pills to needles and that's why Dad made the motion of a junkie? I think the paramedics would have understood without all the motions.

I must say, I love how the therapist showed no concern with Steven needing to go to the ER. He obviously knew he was faking it lol. But disappointed when Sr. didn't call him out when he first fell off the cart and was crying like a little b!tch. 

Is there a cap to emergencies services? If it's proven that one abuses 911, at some point, can't they refuse to come out? It's ridiculous that    they have to keep coming out when there are real emergencies going on. Or maybe if they are legally required to come no matter how many times a person calls, they could be held accountable. Like jail time after so many false alarms. 

• Love 3

This was the episode that jumped the shark for me. The producers contacted him about being on the show after seeing media coverage of him being kicked out of the hospital - they knew he was more full of poop than a goose and this was done solely for ratings. They've steadily Jerry Springered the hell out of this show and I just can't with them anymore. Further, I'm now suspicious of Penny and Pauline being as difficult as they were shown. They could have chosen someone who really wanted to lose weight and would have been grateful for the opportunity, but NO they had to be sleazy and UGH. I won't be watching again; I deleted part 2 without watching and deleted the show from my DVR. Bah and a pox on them all.

• Love 4

I didn't watch part 2, only part 1 and was disgusted by what I saw. But I wanted to comment here about Steven's teeth, they did indeed look bad. It made me wonder, how many of these people featured on this show have been to a dentist in years? I wonder if anyone over say, 400 lbs can safely fit into the dentist's chair. Years of neglect could make teeth look really bad, not to mention their diets can lead to severe tooth decay. Maybe some of them just let their teeth rot and fall out. Very sad. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Tanisha wrote to Justin and said something like, "Don't worry. People said mean things about me, too."

It concerns me that, in this day and age, people can engage in despicable behavior like Steven exhibited on this show and no longer have to take personal responsibility for it because, if anyone complains or calls them out on it, they can simply cry "haters". That's now become the standard comeback to anyone that expresses displeasure in the abusive language, reprehensible behavior, etc. that a person takes part in. Steven screams obscenities at his doctors and nurses and throws his urine to the floor and someone complains about it? They're just haterz, y'all! Steven takes advantage of the Medicaid system and emergency vehicles to fuel his drug addiction and people complain about him taking resources away from those that need it? Haters gonna hate!

WHY take personal responsibility for anything anymore? WHY apologize or change your ways? If someone doesn't like what you do, even if what you're doing is abhorrent, you can simply turn the tables back on them and cry foul. 

His attitude and actions were despicable, but it's a much boarder concern that I have. 

I'm pretty sure Whitney also has this particular strain of Manipulation MASTERED.

• Love 15

This was the first episode I could not make it through, and I've watched every single one - some multiple times. This one though, I made it as far as him screeching that his dad or someone needed to bring him his rehab drug RIGHT NOW, and I turned it off.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

The dad made a comment toward the end about he's close to losing his house or something like that.

Where did you guys see this extra content?  I missed something.  By the way, Steve Sr. is on FB under last name Veillette (something like that) and it says he works as a window washer.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/5/2017 at 11:54 PM, Muffyn said:

Thinking about the 7 day in hospital detox, that is actually realistic,  What was strange was that he didn't go from detox to a drug addiction treatment center.  Drs. Flower and Beardy talked about him needing to do work post detox.  It is possible that his insurance doesn't cover in patient drug rehab.  The other option is having thrown yet more fits, he was not welcomed into a rehab. 

Maybe no treatment centers were equipped to handle (or accept liability for) a patient his size or with his comorbidities?

Edited by bubbly
Clarity
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Do we know what Dad does & how he affords everything including being able to leave work to fly to Texas right away? There was a boat in the driveway when they started on the trip to Texas.  Did he sell that?  Did TLC pay for all of Dads plane tickets, motel rooms & car rentals for his jaunts to Houston?    

Justin was asked about his dad's job in his AMA. He didn't say what it was, but he said that his dad was retired after working 36 years at the same job, and worked sometimes part-time now at the same place (when they need extra help)  in addition to his retirement income. 

In the first episode, he had on a shirt for a window-washing company, so I assume that's where he works/worked. 

He also said the house was paid off. Assuming that's the truth, if Sr. is really about to lose his house, he has taken out loans against it.

Edited by itsmyotherface
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

Where did you guys see this extra content?  I missed something.  By the way, Steve Sr. is on FB under last name Veillette (something like that) and it says he works as a window washer.  

It was when Dad was cleaning up the mess in the apartment.  He was in the kitchen.  I think he said something along the lines of "youse guys are going to make me lose my house."  I could be totally wrong, sometimes his accent & his own vocabulary were hard to decipher. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I could be totally wrong, sometimes his accent & his own vocabulary were hard to decipher. 

I am still trying to figure out what a pubicle is.

• Love 9

So we watched 4 hours of a monster terrorizing everyone and a weird brother playing games.

why was this aired? It has nothing to do with weight loss, nothing.

And the abrupt ending, no conclusion at all, Justin was included in the title yet all he did was hide out back home playing with things, he had no participation in weight loss.

They should've cut their losses and never aired these episodes.

Steven needs to be dumped on the street somewhere, the enabling is disgusting.

And that poor cat, why didn't Princess take it.  

• Love 8

Well Justin confirmed that the good people's tax money is funding this monster.

thank you

my father is retired but still works the same job he has been doing for over 36 years. steven has medical that covers most of his drugs and hospital visits, his disability check covers his rent but we pay his pills and when his food stamps run out we help with the shopping even though we are also broke.

• Love 4

The "extra content" is from the "Supersized" version of the show, which features VH1 style pop-up balloons with all kinds of nasty tidbits about these awful people. This show has become such a cash cow (pun intended) for TLC that they run two different showings of each episode a week. As someone upthread pointed out, it's b come one of the biggest hits on cable. And just look at the page views and comments on this site. This show gets significantly more interest here than shows like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I'm sure that TLC paid to haul his fat ass down to Houston in that Medi-RV once they heard about this nightmare of a family. Don't be shocked when they give this Jabba the Nutt his own show next year. 

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I think he has made a connection with someone in his housing "project" who helps him get the pills from a pill mill (still plenty of those around), probably using his name to receive the scripts for him.  His father is probably helping pay for them, thinking he is sending pizza money.  Where there's a will, there is a way

He said something to the effect that "he could get them from the Internet, but they're so expensive".    I've worked in healthcare for many years, I know for a fact that the hospital I work in would not prescribe anything more than a couple of days supply for a patient with a "legitimate" (broken limb, kidney stone, etc..) diagnosis. 

I dunno what to say except that's 4 hours of my life that I'll never get back. 

P.S:  I hope someone alerts the Houston SPCA regarding "Cupcake".  That's the only creature I want to have saved from this whole debacle.

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

Well Justin confirmed that the good people's tax money is funding this monster.

thank you

my father is retired but still works the same job he has been doing for over 36 years. steven has medical that covers most of his drugs and hospital visits, his disability check covers his rent but we pay his pills and when his food stamps run out we help with the shopping even though we are also broke.

I wondered how can he be on SSI and Medicaid and food stamps if his father pays his rent, other bills and extra food.  What his father pays for would be considered income. Just the Pizzas alone should disqualify a single man with no kids to get Medicaid. I'm sure Steven doesn't report this "income". Even though it is on tv, Im sure nothing will be done, and he will countine to get more then most honest deserving people. My husband's cousin was in an accident. her husband died and she was left an double amputee.  She applied for Medicaid because she lost her husband's insurance when he died. Her mom was going to pay for some bills and get the house ready for a wheelchair and she was told this would be counted as income and she would lose her benefits. When her brother offered to move in to help with her toddler, again she was told his income would be counted and she would lose her benefits. Of course she was honest with her caseworker. Im sure Steven, just demands his benefits , like we saw him threaten when his prescription was taking awhile to fill, and people just approve him. I wonder if he ever sees a caseworker in person? If he does I bet they want him out of the office fast. I bet he doesn't use the extra body and scented candles for the caseworker.

If what Justin says is true and his father worked for 36 years and owns his house outright, why is he still  so involved with these 2 sons?  He is not the warm and fuzzy type. His kids are able to live on their own. Does he provide out of guilt? Does he like the attention? I just think a retired working class man  , might like to spend some of his retirement time at the casino, in a bowling league, going to ballgames with his friends, or at a sports bar.  It also doesn't seem that he has had a lady, at least married or living with him for over 10 years.  Again why choose to be without female company in your golden years and choose to be yelled at and squeezed out of every penny by your kids that do not seem grateful.

• Love 5
(edited)

Rarely are the super addicted to food or drugs able to continue in their addiction and misery, without the support and enabling of family members.  Rich people can do it, but, not those who live on disability.  It's the main reason that I have trouble watching Intervention shows.  Like Stephen, most do not have the financial resources to fund their lifestyle without family members paying their bills, providing them a phone, internet service, home delivered food, endless cash.

It's mind boggling that these family members JUSTIFY doing this by saying that their loved one would do it anyway.  NOOOOOO they would not.  With Stephen being on Medicaid and on disability, he gets a very modest amount of money and if he were in a facility funded by the government, his monthly disability would go towards the cost of the facility and he would only get a VERY MODEST amount each month, like $60.00 for his personal use.  (Meals, laundry, bed, assistance with bathing and changing clothes are provided by the facility.)  That would not be enough to cover his cell phone and fast food.  So, it would tremendously help him, if he father would stop his financial support.  He is KILLING him by supporting him and allowing him to kill himself with food and drugs.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
On 4/6/2017 at 0:17 AM, bethster2000 said:

The addicts...the heroin addicts in particular...were some of the loveliest people I have ever met, and FUNNY.  You didn't want to laugh at some of their stories (like the time one woman went over the grass in her front yard, blade by blade, because she was convinced she had dropped a dab of heroin on the lawn...she was laughing as she told the story), but you couldn't help it.  A ridiculous situation, which the psych ward is, gives to plenty of laughter.

Eh, I'm sure the families of those lovely, engaging heroin addicts would beg to differ with your assessment. Addicts are in general self centered, manipulative, and willing to step over their dying grandmothers to get their way. And I speak not only from my experience watching Intervention, but from treating them as a provider in a large urban teaching hospital.

• Love 13

I've had personal experiences (family and friends) with drug addicts who had varying drugs of choice, and they all were incredible liars and manipulators.  Most of them are very self absorbed people and even after they are in recovery, aren't the most giving to others that I know.  Sorry, but, that's been my experience.  Of course, when you get into recovery, I suppose that focusing on your own sobriety may take up all your time.  

• Love 5

I'm in the middle of watching it now, so i haven't read any other posts yet, but the scene where Steven falls out of the golf cart just happened.  When he started screaming and crying, I wanted to punch him in the face and scream STFU you crybaby! I know, I'm going straight to hell! :(

• Love 2
On 4/5/2017 at 11:08 PM, fliptopbox said:

I've been to the ER plenty of times and the majority of the time I was never given a pain med script to take home. The one time I did it was for 10 pills, because I had a kidney stone. It blows my mind that somehow he gets (multiple!!!) ER doctors to write scripts for hundreds of pills. I've never heard of that ever. I take pain meds regularly for my health issues and even then (from my specialist's office) I don't get that many at once. And he does this all the time? I am floored.

I just had a sinus infection and it was a HUGE struggle to get an antibiotic because they kept saying they were "over-prescribed".  After 13 days of being miserable, phone calls, visits, they finally gave me something!  So I was just in shock that he was so easily getting these prescriptions over and over again. 

There were many times during the episode where he looked like he was dying, white faced, flushed, scary. I am shocked he is still around.  There were also many times during the episode that I said - "Just let him DIE already...he is a horrible human being!"

• Love 1
On 4/6/2017 at 9:48 AM, Hockeymom said:

And why was there such an issue with the TV?

With all the money dad spent on everything else, why not just rent him a television? I mean, Steven is a complete jerk, but sitting in an empty apartment with nothing to do would drive me insane. Steven cannot afford to loose any sanity.

As others have said, who got him the cat? The food, litter, and collar? I was reeeeaaaalllyy hoping the cat "got out" somehow while he was hospitalized and was now cozy at home with Princess or one of the producers.

I kept waiting for Steven to lash out at it. It was actually giving me anxiety. The fact that the cat seemed to like him, is the only thing I like about Steven.

I was hoping and praying the cat would get out as well.  I was terrified that Steven would either step or fall on the poor animal.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, okerry said:

- much the same way that Dr. Now made Steven stand in front of a full-length mirror and actually look at what he had done to himself. That was some of the most fascinating, and even moving, television that I've seen.

I was really curious about what he was doing when he kept saying, "come with me!" after reading him the riot act about his 14 million pills.  I wondered if he had the cops waiting in another room to arrest him for fraudulent means of obtaining controlled substances.

• Love 9
On 4/6/2017 at 0:48 PM, Hockeymom said:

And why was there such an issue with the TV?

With all the money dad spent on everything else, why not just rent him a television? I mean, Steven is a complete jerk, but sitting in an empty apartment with nothing to do would drive me insane. Steven cannot afford to loose any sanity.

As others have said, who got him the cat? The food, litter, and collar? I was reeeeaaaalllyy hoping the cat "got out" somehow while he was hospitalized and was now cozy at home with Princess or one of the producers.

I kept waiting for Steven to lash out at it. It was actually giving me anxiety. The fact that the cat seemed to like him, is the only thing I like about Steven.

Why on earth would you think it made sense for Dad- the ultimate enabler who is practically at his wits' end to begin with- to provide ANY type of entertainment for his son, a totally non-productive, resource-sucking member of society? Steven is not bored, obviously. There are liters of soda to consume, harassing phone calls to make, youtube videos to create, and urinals to fill.

I would never, ever feel that anyone is obligated to provide his ass with anything other than what he's gotten- multiple opportunities to help himself. And he's shown how much he appreciates that.  I'm sure if Dad rented him a TV he'd be screaming that it wasn't big enough or that he needed surround sound and a full premium channel package.  Obviously someone was paying for wi-fi.  He can suffer.

• Love 5

It seems that people who are the least equipped to provide for the care of a pet are the most prone to them.  Cat's require vet care, spaying, food, supplies, care and attention.  It's not cheap.  When you have no job and no money of your own to spare, why take on another life to care for?  A fish might have made more sense.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Awww thx! Mom and I appreciate that! She sends love and a hug ?!

we really enjoy you all!!

• Love 3