Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Steven and Justin's Story Part 2

• Start Topic

doctors at the detox facility told Steven he couldn't have his tablet, phone, etc, and Steven said, "I have to be able to contact my people."

But then…didn't he end up having them anyway? The one impulse that kept coming up thru this was to slap that damn tablet out of his hands.  Plus, that was a nice detox room he was in

with a large screen tv on the wall.

People have mentioned Steve's disdain for shoes no matter where he goes.  Wish it was just his shoes. In the scene where Dr Now asks "Stephen, don't you have a gown or shirt….?" Steve, giggling as he gets on the gurney stark naked, "You've seen it all before Doc."

'I mean for the benefit of the others," says Now, indicating the EMTs who've come to take him home.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, chickenella said:

Back to the episode, when Dr. Now had the papers describing all his doctor & pill shopping, I'm wondering how did he get that far? Here in Massachusetts (and probably Rhode Island, too)I think they would have nipped that right in the bud after the first few instances. We have a big opiate problem here. As far as I know the hospitals have contact with each other, so do the pharmacies. Could it be that Texas just put that database system in place recently, as in several months after Steven arrived? It's mind boggling how he could have gotten so many pills.

Totally agree. How did this not stop after the 2nd or 3rd time? 17 hospitals? 39 doctors? in one month!  And one thing I though he was intentionally failing at the diet because if he was thin and his leg healed, he could not show up in some ER screaming about pain, because he look

And in ever single episode, the 600 pound person always says they wake up in pain every single day. And I believe that everything hurts.

But he really is a terrible actor. If he had broken his arm falling off that cart (which is the way he was trying to pretend) there would have been no doubt he was in real pain! You can tell when someone truly is in pain. What an asshole! Call an ambulance- really you should be shrieking and screaming and holding the broken elbow. What a loser.

15 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think the system is probably working just fine -- I think it's the show that's broken. I don't think Steven was entered into the database because he's not a opioid addict. He SAYS he is because "drama!" but his answers to those weird rehab docs seemed vague and cliche. 

Don't worry. Steven never called the actual police. That was completely fake.

in most states though it is automatic by the pharmacy. All the pharmacies are connected. The doctor doesn't have to enter anything in. When you fill a prescription like at a CVS when you go to Walmart to get the same thing, it becomes flagged.  It does not matter if you are a suspected addict. This is for anyone. The pharmacies are now all linked on this database system.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

My mom had a knee replacement gone wrong, MRSA, 5 surgeries and while my mom couldn't even drive, they had her sign a pain management agreement that only one doctor would give her medications and she had to pick a pharmacy and they do check the database. Crazy they did this for my 71 year old mom when she had never filled a pain prescription in her life before this surgery.  

I'm sorry for your mom. I was in my 60s the first time I went to a pain management clinic (in NJ), and I had to give them my pharmacy info. I had only ever used the one since moving to this state. I don't use pain meds now, but I'm pretty sure they do check. Also my clinic doesn't hand out script. They transmit Rx info directly to the patient's pharmacy. And when I was taking meds I always had to bring the vial, so they could count how many pills were left. Not a big deal for me because they gave me something (Norco) that didn't really help that much anyway. But to me it's no wonder some people with hardcore pain turn to street drugs.

3 hours ago, GussieK said:

Justin is afraid of something.  He does not want to deal with whatever abuse he suffered in the past.  He was a sad character.

I am picking up the vibe of sexual abuse from Steven to Justin.  The PURE hatred he has for him is typical.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

I am picking up the vibe of sexual abuse from Steven to Justin.  The PURE hatred he has for him is typical.

Posted it in another thread, but Justin was hosting a live chat for the week between episodes. He didn't give away much, couldn't due to the NDA he had to sign. But he was crystal-clear in saying that he was never sexually abused. Not by Steven, or anyone else. 

The only other substantive thing that came out of the chat was that he dropped out of school because he couldn't handle being bullied at home and school. 

Well we have seen Steven in action with non family members and he is an asshole, cruel, mean....

so imagine if you were his brother.

Justin has been dealing with Steven his whole life.  Ugh, I would've killed him in his sleep if I had to live with him.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, operalover said:

And in ever single episode, the 600 pound person always says they wake up in pain every single day. And I believe that everything hurts.

This.  What the hell would anybody expect at 600 pounds!  Of course you're in pain!  Ugh. 

I'm probably dead wrong, but I had much more sympathy for Steven than James.  To me, Steven just seems so thoroughly broken...for a long time.  Not that his demeanor is acceptable.  I just hope he DID have some sort of understanding at the end.  I think some of the moments WERE genuine.  When Dr. Now told him no more pills and he said he felt uncomfortable and was going to leave...he really did look overwhelmed.  Yeah, I'm probably a sap...but I hope there's improvement.  

• Love 4

With as much as Steven loves attention, I was shocked that he was so against therapy, where he would get one on one attention, and get to talk about himself. Justin was completely against therapy as well with Dr. Now suggested it to him. It really makes you wonder why these two are so guarded?

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, 55Unicorns said:

I stand by that assertion.  Justin may have denied it recently, but victims of sexual abuse lie all of the time out of embarrassment or some sort of self-preservation.

(Believe me, I know.)

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Banshee said:

I'm sorry for your mom. I was in my 60s the first time I went to a pain management clinic (in NJ), and I had to give them my pharmacy info. I had only ever used the one since moving to this state. I don't use pain meds now, but I'm pretty sure they do check. Also my clinic doesn't hand out script. They transmit Rx info directly to the patient's pharmacy. And when I was taking meds I always had to bring the vial, so they could count how many pills were left. Not a big deal for me because they gave me something (Norco) that didn't really help that much anyway. But to me it's no wonder some people with hardcore pain turn to street drugs.

Yes but people who are not addicts and have real pain are paying the price for all this regulation. I have a friend with stage IV cancer and what she has to go through to get her pain meds is criminal. 

1 hour ago, operalover said:

Edited by operalover
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, John M said:

I can't find any clear information but isn't doctor/pharmacist shopping a crime? The best thing for him would probably be lock him in a cage for a few years with some prison guards that don't give a flying fuck about appeasing him and can just lock the door and walk away.

A few years without drugs, food, internet or phone would probably be the best thing for him. 

Yes, Dr. Now said that the next time he went to the ER for pills, he would be arrested.  I have known way too many people who have been in prison, and every single one of them GAINED weight while there.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, operalover said:

Yes but people who are not addicts and have real pain are paying the price for all this regulation. I have a friend with stage IV cancer and what she has to go through to get her pain meds is criminal. 

I agree, my mom has since passed away, but when she was under hospice care she was given morphine, even being a nurse (sorry I know I keep saying that but it's more because I don't expect people to remember from post to post, I know I get confused sometimes when someone mentions something and refers to it in another post) meaning I'm completely comfortable giving pain medication, but without having the same checks and balances as I have when I give it in the hospital, I did have concerns about handeling it. It really wasn't a big deal because I wasn't acting in a nurse capacity at that time, and at no time did any of the hospice staff even imply that anything was mishandeled, but I had given myself a complex about it because you hear so many stories of crazy ways people misuse narcotics/opioids. I was afraid if I gave morphine and she still had pain, that someone could say I kept it for myself or something.

I also run into people all the time that are afraid to take pain meds because they think they'll get addicted. It's people like Steven that make normal people afraid, and it makes me so mad. Addiction is a crazy hard thing to go through and I don't want to minimize it, and you never really know if you are at risk until you are addicted... but steven clearly knew how to work the system and knew he was taking advantage of it, which in turn makes getting appropriate medication immensely harder for innocent people. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I noticed that the last time that Steven ended up in the hospital crying and pretending to be in pain, Dr. Now said he couldn't ignore the fact that Steven may really be in pain, because he could go into shock.  Dr. Now didn't order Dilaudid, very quietly he ordered Toradol, which is just an anti-inflammatory, and NOT an opiate pain-killer.  Steven was very calm afterward anyway.  That Dr. Now is a crafty one.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

Falling off the golf cart..baahaahaaa, wish they ran him over.

It was a golf cart, not a Hummer.  

I can't believe this festering pile of dog shit called the police on Princess.  I knew she was going to get fucked hard for being nice to him.  I don't care what happens to this asshole.  I can't believe TLC spent four hours on this shit show.

• Love 10

Tanisha wrote to Justin and said something like, "Don't worry. People said mean things about me, too."

It concerns me that, in this day and age, people can engage in despicable behavior like Steven exhibited on this show and no longer have to take personal responsibility for it because, if anyone complains or calls them out on it, they can simply cry "haters". That's now become the standard comeback to anyone that expresses displeasure in the abusive language, reprehensible behavior, etc. that a person takes part in. Steven screams obscenities at his doctors and nurses and throws his urine to the floor and someone complains about it? They're just haterz, y'all! Steven takes advantage of the Medicaid system and emergency vehicles to fuel his drug addiction and people complain about him taking resources away from those that need it? Haters gonna hate!

WHY take personal responsibility for anything anymore? WHY apologize or change your ways? If someone doesn't like what you do, even if what you're doing is abhorrent, you can simply turn the tables back on them and cry foul. 

His attitude and actions were despicable, but it's a much boarder concern that I have. 

• Love 24
22 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I agree, my mom has since passed away, but when she was under hospice care she was given morphine, even being a nurse (sorry I know I keep saying that but it's more because I don't expect people to remember from post to post, I know I get confused sometimes when someone mentions something and refers to it in another post) meaning I'm completely comfortable giving pain medication, but without having the same checks and balances as I have when I give it in the hospital, I did have concerns about handeling it. It really wasn't a big deal because I wasn't acting in a nurse capacity at that time, and at no time did any of the hospice staff even imply that anything was mishandeled, but I had given myself a complex about it because you hear so many stories of crazy ways people misuse narcotics/opioids. I was afraid if I gave morphine and she still had pain, that someone could say I kept it for myself or something.

I also run into people all the time that are afraid to take pain meds because they think they'll get addicted. It's people like Steven that make normal people afraid, and it makes me so mad. Addiction is a crazy hard thing to go through and I don't want to minimize it, and you never really know if you are at risk until you are addicted... but steven clearly knew how to work the system and knew he was taking advantage of it, which in turn makes getting appropriate medication immensely harder for innocent people. 

This is such a good post full of TRUTH!  My mom was in her late 80's when her primary first gave her oxy.  I had to pick up a paper scrip, give it to the pharmacist and sign a "special" form when I picked it up.  The regs don't care about individual circumstances.  

And once officially in home hospice, the morphine started.  I was scared I would kill her by ODing her but was reassured that couldn't happen.  Hospice nurses are the best -- so patient with me.  I gave her more than maybe I should have, but had the assurance of the RNs that that was okay.  It was paliative (sp) at that point.  

And you're so right about people being afraid to take them.  My brother had a hip replacement and he had to force himself to take the pain meds.  I told him he's chasing pain -- just take them as directed.  Then there's my BFF who had major spine surgery about 10 years ago and was left with 5 rods in her back.  She would have killed herself without the pain meds and still has a lot of pain.  She's addicted, but she's alive.  The meds have no effect except for the pain and she has quality of life.  She has to see a pain doc, but it's still not easy on her and she is afraid that the at some point they'll take the meds away from her and everyone else.  

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Calicocats said:

It was a golf cart, not a Hummer.  

I can't believe this festering pile of dog shit called the police on Princess.  I knew she was going to get fucked hard for being nice to him.  I don't care what happens to this asshole.  I can't believe TLC spent four hours on this shit show.

Woot, I hate this man.  Actually a bulldozer would be needed.

• Love 2

I'm here in Texas. Not far from Steven ? I don't know how he was able to get so many narcotics. They do not make it easy here (although he managed somehow). The law changed back in 2014. Narcotic scripts have to be written on a special prescription pad and cannot be called in by the doctor. The day after my husband had his VSG I took his script in for liquid Vicodin and they would not fill it because it was not written on the correct prescription pad. We are an hour away from our bariatric doctor so I couldn't easily go back for another script. Thankfully I had some left over from my VSG (I had mine 3 weeks prior) so he had some to take. It wasn't quite enough but got him through. The first 4 days or so were pretty painful. Pisses me off that people like Steven make it so difficult to get for those of us who truly need it. 

• Love 4

Former pill popper here, big time.

it isn't illegal to doctor shop.  What happens though is Dr.'s that you have seen start getting reports of you are hitting ER's.  

Pharmacists start refusing to fill for you.

Doctors start refusing to see you.

ER's ban you.

Doctors key in on "drug seeking behavior

and eventually you do something stupid like calling in prescription pretending to be a dr's office, then you get arrested.

my addiction was a long time ago, before all this pain pill popping started and I was an anti anxiety pill addict so it was beyond easy to ask a doctor for those meds.  

Now all the addiction with pills would make it harder I would think but back then it was no problem.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Check out the pie video.

Spoiler

This is way worse than pie :(

Could someone tell me how to hide the picture?? I want people to not have to see it without WANTING to, because it's GROSS.

Edited by ChiCricket
Need help to make this a spoiler thing
2 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is way worse than pie :(

Could someone tell me how to hide the picture?? I want people to not have to see it without WANTING to, because it's GROSS.

OMG. That can't really be poop...right?

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

OMG. That can't really be poop...right?

Um..yeah..it seems to be! :::::barf:::::::

PS I would LOVE help on how to make that video put into a spoiler thing, so nobody has to look at it unaware. I can't figure out how to. 

Edited by ChiCricket
Help needed
(edited)

I've come to the conclusion that Steven is milking his "celebrity" status just like he is the public resources he is taking from.  I read in one article that he had previously applied for "The Biggest Loser" and he probably hunts on that iPad all day long for any media he can attract. He's a "celebrity" and a "star," at least in his own mind.

Edited by Lizz
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, drivethroo said:

At the beginning of tonight's program, all his teeth were white but by the end of the show, that one tooth was brown.  What was up with that?

I noticed that too. Odd, that I just zero'd in on it, though.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Lizz said:

I've come to the conclusion that Steven is milking his "celebrity" status just like he is the public resources he is taking from.  I read in one article that he had previously applied for "The Biggest Loser" and he probably hunts on that iPad all day long for any media he can attract. He's a "celebrity" and a "star," at least in his own mind.

Oh yeah, a total media hog. He refers to himself as "the star of My 600-Pound Life", talks to the rehab docs about his "people," calls the people on his FB page his "fans" and cajoles for more "likes" and comments, has uploaded numerous You Tube videos, and has appeared on every television show that will have him. 

This guy doesn't want to lose weight, he wants his own show. 

And so do most of the others that have been on the show. I've just learned that over the past few days. I know we're not meant to mention social media posts but I've been surprised by the number of other 600-Pound Lifers that are commenting on his posts, hijacking them and piggypacking on his celebrity to bring attention to their OWN pages and posts. Tanisha, Chay, and Pauline are the worst offenders. 

I feel sorry for Dr. Now's REAL patients-not the ones associated with TLC but the poor folks in the waiting room with their faces blurred. The ones that might have to wait extended periods of time while the producers get the lighting just right*, the ones that have to watch Steven's barefoot and partially naked body meander past them, the ones that have to listen to him caterwaul and cry while they're patiently sitting there with their outdated magazines in hand. The other patients on the hospital floor that actually NEED things like medicine, their bedpans changed, new fluids, etc. but have to wait because he's apparently mobile enough to get up and dance around his apartment but can't flip off his own damn lightswitch. 

*I DO have the suspicion that the cast members are scheduled on weekends, or after closing hours, so that they're not there at the same time as other patients. Still, there's an awful lot of blurring going on, so maybe not. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, MichelleTX said:

I'm here in Texas. Not far from Steven ? I don't know how he was able to get so many narcotics. They do not make it easy here (although he managed somehow). The law changed back in 2014. Narcotic scripts have to be written on a special prescription pad and cannot be called in by the doctor. The day after my husband had his VSG I took his script in for liquid Vicodin and they would not fill it because it was not written on the correct prescription pad. We are an hour away from our bariatric doctor so I couldn't easily go back for another script. Thankfully I had some left over from my VSG (I had mine 3 weeks prior) so he had some to take. It wasn't quite enough but got him through. The first 4 days or so were pretty painful. Pisses me off that people like Steven make it so difficult to get for those of us who truly need it. 

Chronic pain patient here. I have crossover Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (which means my soft tissue issues cause my organs to spontaneously rupture-I've lost 5 organs so far and have a thoracic aneurysm) and Hypermobilty Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (which causes thousands of tears in my fascia and chronic subluxions and dislocations-I dislocate my hips, shoulders, ribs, and knees simply by walking across the floor and laughing too hard and live in constant nerve pain from the damage). I spent YEARS trying to get proper pain management. It's a nightmare. Nearly 10 years of non-narcotic pain management, acupuncture, accupressure, massage therapy, water therapy, and multiple surgeries before they'd even consider a scheduled drug. Then THOSE stopped working. I then went to a morphine and diludad pump (allergic to one, had to switch to the other) implanted inside me. Tons of rules on getting the prescriptions: can't have more than one active script at once, can't get one from more than one doctor, must have drug test every month before new script, submit to random pill counts, etc. I was bedbound at the age of 30, and with two young children, before I got proper pain management. Now I am able to be MUCH more active. Luckily, I am an author and work from home so I make my own schedule. But yes, I totally agree with others who have spoken of the difficulty of getting pain medicine when you need it. And yet, people like Steven seem to be able to stroll in off the street and pick up scripts without batting an eye. And LAUGH about it. 

Sorry for so much TMI but I think these discussions show just how awful Steven was being in milking the system. And not just to himself, but to others. Suicide rates amongst chronic pain patients are very high, mostly because people have difficulty getting their pain managed properly and this leads to depression. For him to take the whole thing as a joke...

Oh! And him telling the rehab docs that he was only addicted to "IV meds"? Bullshit. He was addicted to whatever he could get his hands on. They should have also been addressing his electronics addiction as well. Healthy grown men don't sit around on their tablets all day, Facebooking and You Tubing as the gurney leads them down the hall. 

With that being said, I DID have to wonder if he was selling at least some of his medicine for pizza money. I have a high tolerance and 1,000 pills a month would kill me. Granted, I am 4'10" and weigh 105 pounds, but still. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, TicketToHellPaid said:

Some people are born rotten, this guy is one. 

No fixing the unfixable.

I believe it.   Last night I thought the best thing for Steven and everyone else is for him to die. After seeing that video, I have no guilt thinking that.

I also think he is a danger to anyone who comes in contact with him.

I have no sympathy for Justin either as he refused help and expected his father to buy him a store.  Who the hell gets a store when they have never worked a fucking day in their sorry lives.

Last, the two people who created these monsters should be sued and then locked up by the people of Rhode Island.  

There are real people who real help out there and don't get it.   But these two disgusting buffoons do.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Calicocats said:

I can't believe TLC spent four hours on this shit show.

I'm not surprised in the least.  Look at how many hours they've wasted on Kate Gosselin detailing her little cash cows' "adventures."

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Healthy grown men don't sit around on their tablets all day, Facebooking and You Tubing as the gurney leads them down the hall. 

Agreed ONE THOUSAND PERCENT.  And I want to know what facility he was in that allowed him to have his electronics.  As I said before, I was in the psych ward last summer (no sympathy; things kind of went catastrophic with my meds and I was put where I needed to be at that time), and you pretty much had to hand over everything on your body, save for enough clothes to keep you covered (Steven: no problem, because everyone wants to gaze upon the nasty Assanti junk).  My shorts had a string in the waistband; they confiscated it.  I was issued a very scratchy jumpsuit for my intake, which took almost two days while we waited for a bed to open up (have I mentioned how fucked up mental health treatment is in this country?).  When I was admitted, I was permitted to put my own clothes on, but nothing else.  They even took my wedding ring, which just about killed me, because I hadn't been without it on my finger since my wedding day.  No cell phones.  No tablets.  No pagers (do people still use pagers)? No access on a computer whatsoever, no Internet.  We had a HUGE television set in the common room, but were only allowed to watch it for a finite amount of time at scheduled hours.

Once we got me all straightened out with my meds, I was released.  While I hated being there, I am glad for the experience, and I met some really unique and wonderful people while I was there.  I wonder about them.  I pray for them.

Someone like Steven would not only make himself miserable in that type of setting, I can see him and his antics totally derailing the recovery of the other patients.  There is no way I would have ever wanted to be by this guy when I was hospitalized.  Part of your recovery depends on the group setting.  There is a strong sense of "we're all in this together, so let's get well."  Steven would ruin all group therapy meetings with The All About Assanti Shit Show.  He would be manipulative and cunning with the other patients.  He would be an utter nightmare for the doctors and staff.

And one more thing: the people I was in the ward with were trying with all of their might to get healthy.  For the drug addicts, that meant getting clean and staying clean.  Steven is not interested in getting clean, because Steve is a JUNKIE all the way down to his mossy nasty toes.  He got clean?  Really?  Then why was he quizzing Dr. Now about how much hydrocodone he was being sent home with during one of the eight million times he was being discharged from the hospital?  Did you guys catch that, too?

p.s. Thanks for listening.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

But a golf cart  jostling around all that fat? I do think he actually slid off. That's a lot of liability right there.

The property manager wasn't liable. Steven got on that golf cart by choice. It's not as if he tripped in a hole on a poorly maintained sidewalk.  Steven assumed the risk.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It concerns me that, in this day and age, people can engage in despicable behavior like Steven exhibited on this show and no longer have to take personal responsibility for it because, if anyone complains or calls them out on it, they can simply cry "haters". That's now become the standard comeback to anyone that expresses displeasure in the abusive language, reprehensible behavior, etc. that a person takes part in.

Agreed!  In fact, it is often the retort for differences of opinion.  

• Love 4

OK, so I briefly watched the poop video (MY GOD!) and then skimmed the subreddit comments from Justin.  Even Justin states Steven is a borderline sociopath.  I believe I'm right in my assumption that he's broken, but now I doubt he can own his problem and improve himself.    

• Love 3

God I feel like part of my soul has been sucked out.

What really happened to them when they were kids.?  No way they are both that fucked up without some major, major bad shit have went down.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

The property manager wasn't liable. Steven got on that golf cart by choice. It's not as if he tripped in a hole on a poorly maintained sidewalk.  Steven assumed the risk.

In the great U.S. of A., anyone can file a lawsuit for anything.  And even if it doesn't go to court, settlements (to make the problem go away) are common.  I'd be willing to bet money that Steven at least contacted an attorney - or 12 - just to see whether he had a case.

• Love 8
Just now, AZChristian said:

In the great U.S. of A., anyone can file a lawsuit for anything.  And even if it doesn't go to court, settlements (to make the problem go away) are common.  I'd be willing to bet money that Steven at least contacted an attorney - or 12 - just to see whether he had a case.

18 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Yep, AZ is right. Anyone can sue any property owner for any accident that happens on their property. 

Last year a kid in my town sneaked onto someone else's property and climbed their tree. Fell and broke their collar bone. Sued the property owner and WON. And they didn't even have permission to be there. My husband worked as a paralegal for years. He saw it all. 

• Love 6

I just had a disturbing -- no, horrifying -- idea for a reality show. Steven gets a roommate: former child prodigy and gambling addict Gabe from "Intervention." I'm... I'm sorry. It just popped into my mind unbidden.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, operalover said:

You are absolutely right. As bureaucracies usually do, they go after law-abiding people. It isn't pain patients who are abusing pain meds. It's recreational users. My doctor says MDS are losing their licenses for prescribing "too much" pain meds. Patients are turning to heroin and fentanyl. Drug deals don't ask questions. And I don't know about fentanyl but heroin is potent and relatively cheap. 

50 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Agreed ONE THOUSAND PERCENT.  And I want to know what facility he was in that allowed him to have his electronics.  As I said before, I was in the psych ward last summer (no sympathy; things kind of went catastrophic with my meds and I was put where I needed to be at that time), and you pretty much had to hand over everything on your body, save for enough clothes to keep you covered (Steven: no problem, because everyone wants to gaze upon the nasty Assanti junk).  My shorts had a string in the waistband; they confiscated it.  I was issued a very scratchy jumpsuit for my intake, which took almost two days while we waited for a bed to open up (have I mentioned how fucked up mental health treatment is in this country?).  When I was admitted, I was permitted to put my own clothes on, but nothing else.  They even took my wedding ring, which just about killed me, because I hadn't been without it on my finger since my wedding day.  No cell phones.  No tablets.  No pagers (do people still use pagers)? No access on a computer whatsoever, no Internet.  We had a HUGE television set in the common room, but were only allowed to watch it for a finite amount of time at scheduled hours.

Once we got me all straightened out with my meds, I was released.  While I hated being there, I am glad for the experience, and I met some really unique and wonderful people while I was there.  I wonder about them.  I pray for them.

Someone like Steven would not only make himself miserable in that type of setting, I can see him and his antics totally derailing the recovery of the other patients.  There is no way I would have ever wanted to be by this guy when I was hospitalized.  Part of your recovery depends on the group setting.  There is a strong sense of "we're all in this together, so let's get well."  Steven would ruin all group therapy meetings with The All About Assanti Shit Show.  He would be manipulative and cunning with the other patients.  He would be an utter nightmare for the doctors and staff.

And one more thing: the people I was in the ward with were trying with all of their might to get healthy.  For the drug addicts, that meant getting clean and staying clean.  Steven is not interested in getting clean, because Steve is a JUNKIE all the way down to his mossy nasty toes.  He got clean?  Really?  Then why was he quizzing Dr. Now about how much hydrocodone he was being sent home with during one of the eight million times he was being discharged from the hospital?  Did you guys catch that, too?

p.s. Thanks for listening.

I never thought about that. I was suicidal once and went into the hospital. They took my belt and shoelaces. At the time my fingers were too fat to wear my wedding/engagement rings. Luckily I later lost enough weight to wear them.  :)

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Steven threw himself off the cart. He's an addict and a monster.  

Dr Now should just cut those leg monstrosities off.  Problem solved as far as excuses.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

I believe it.   Last night I thought the best thing for Steven and everyone else is for him to die. After seeing that video, I have no guilt thinking that.

I also think he is a danger to anyone who comes in contact with him.

I have no sympathy for Justin either as he refused help and expected his father to buy him a store.  Who the hell gets a store when they have never worked a fucking day in their sorry lives.

Last, the two people who created these monsters should be sued and then locked up by the people of Rhode Island.  

There are real people who real help out there and don't get it.   But these two disgusting buffoons do.

Justin is a straight weirdo.  Steven is a monster, needs to go.  Why anyone would cater to his 15 asses is beyond me.

Dr Now really screwed up allowing these pigs to be on tv. I have lost any of the respect I had for him. He should have sent Steven to a homeless shelter, where he would be kicked out or killed out, everyone tip toeing around this gross monster, what a spoiled shit brat.

ugh, I hope he reads here. 

And if this waste of space tries to show up in hell where I am going, I will personally kick his sorry pepperoni laden ass out.

No way he will ruin my hell afterlife party.

• Love 18