Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Talk of the Town

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, oakville said:

It will be interesting to see Carole's comments on the election. She must have been mess during the election night. I am curious if she used any of her journalistic skills to interview Trump voters. Will she travel to Staten Island or Long Island which supported Trump? What happened to her cookbook with Adam?

Per her social media, Carole seems much more interested in calling any- and everyone who makes a counterpoint to her demented rants (who even knows if all of them are Trump supporters) "dumbass"es than plumbing the voter motivations that contributed to the Donald's win.

• Love 7

Carole has consistently shown that she is social justice warrior Manhattan Elitist of the first water. Her attack on Luann because she called herself an Indian and not a "Native American." Slashing Aviva for not knowing anything because "she never worked outside the home." Her utter and complete disdain for John because he was a chubby, sweaty outer borough working class dude who had to work for his money instead of inheriting it from marrying money.

Of course she can not understand people who voted for President Trump. They are beneath her notice. 

So it is not a surprise that she couldn't understand the millions upon millions who voted for President Trump. They are invisible to her.

She is the worst. Listening to her talk about the election will be like nails on a chalk board. Time to fast forward whenever her skeletal botoxed mug pollutes the screen.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 16
On 4/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, Jamie Satyr said:

It's something! Are you being a hypocrite here? What if someone you dallied with wound up marrying a close friend! You're telling me you wouldn't care? You're a bigger person than me! It makes no sense to do something like that; too many other people in this world to defile a friendship! Damn, Lu was staying at Sonja's house for Gawd-sake! WOW, SERIOUSLY? ;-(

Happened to me.  There was this guy that I had a crush on all through school.  We ran into each other as adults and hooked up.  We got together every so often after that.  My BEST friend and he ended up living together for a few years, I sucked it up, it takes 2 to tango.  Me an this friend even ended up living together after that(it was about 8 years later)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Per her social media, Carole seems much more interested in calling any- and everyone who makes a counterpoint to her demented rants (who even knows if all of them are Trump supporters) "dumbass"es than plumbing the voter motivations that contributed to the Donald's win.

I would have thought that Carole would be more observant of the Trump phenomenon as a journalist. I understand that she liked Hillary & her husband was Jackie Kennedy's niece. She is loyal Democrat which is fine but wouldn't it be more interesting to see if she could figure out why Trump was so popular with working class etc. Is the show covering her from a journalistic assessment of the election or is she just ranting at Trump?

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Indeed. To be honest, I see the jealously mainly from Moaner. My memory is literally the worst, so once the new season starts I've often forgot a lot about the past season, but I do have to wonder if Sonja's issues were fueled heavily by Ramona. I didn't recall her being that bothered until Ramona started fueling the fire, and creating this delusion where Sonja and Tom were much more than they really were. Sonja likes to live in Fantasy Land, so I think she was easy to manipulate in that case. I'm not trying to free her from ANY blame, but I just don't remember her getting too worked up about it until her "bestie" got involved. 

Agreed. Ramona hitting on contractor's is just sad. She probably convinced Sonja that Luanne stole Tome from her.

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Indeed. To be honest, I see the jealously mainly from Moaner. My memory is literally the worst, so once the new season starts I've often forgot a lot about the past season, but I do have to wonder if Sonja's issues were fueled heavily by Ramona. I didn't recall her being that bothered until Ramona started fueling the fire, and creating this delusion where Sonja and Tom were much more than they really were. Sonja likes to live in Fantasy Land, so I think she was easy to manipulate in that case. I'm not trying to free her from ANY blame, but I just don't remember her getting too worked up about it until her "bestie" got involved. 

Agreed. Ramona hitting on contractor's is just sad. She probably convinced Sonja that Luanne stole Tome from her.

• Love 3
On 4/6/2017 at 9:21 AM, Normades said:

.  Wow he really did destroy that apartment --- I mean scuff marks.  They should have probably considered leveling the building.  You can’t come back from that kind of damage.

Oh, Sonja dated Prince Albert.  I guess we now know who put Prince Albert in the can.  Hopefully someone will let him out!!!

Hahaha this is why I come here ! Love this! 

On 4/6/2017 at 9:37 AM, njbchlover said:

Well, wouldn't you be happy if you made almost 7 million in one day?  I'd be pretty happy too.  I'm surprised that Fredrik was so off the mark on pricing her apartment.  On MDLNY, he is usually more on the money, so to speak, when setting pricing.  I'm thinking this was a set-up for Fredrik and Bethenny, so B could come across as a know-it-all (thanks, Heather!!!), even in real estate.  Fredrik dealt with it, because he knew he would be able to get the price and a big fat commission, too!  

On 4/6/2017 at 0:46 PM, Ellee said:

About B's price vs F's price ... have a sneaking suspicion that both knew what it was selling for and when it would sell. 

B looks good because of the dollar amount and F looks good because it took one day.  Win, win.  

Ageee with both posters. The apartment selling storyline was purely manufactured like everything else B does. It's all spin, positioning, posturing and hustling. It's been B's MO since day one of being a broke orphan. I feel sorry for those in her path. I am dying to see if her mother is on this season. Kadooz to her mom if she refused to participate in B's TV storyline faked as reconciliation. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Yes, Carole was vicious to anyone who had a differing opinion. She cannot for the life of her have an intelligent discussion on any subject. It's you're an idiot, blocked, you're an imbecile, mute, you're stupid, I have a masters degree, you're dumb, I was journalist!!!! Ridiculous and immature. 

If this is the season where she was supposed to redeem herself after her mean girl behavior then she's not off to a good start. And I wish she'd stop trying to make Adam a thing, their relationship is boring and creepy (has nothing to do with the age difference) and I cringe when they are on screen.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Yes, Carole was vicious to anyone who had a differing opinion. She cannot for the life of her have an intelligent discussion on any subject. It's you're an idiot, blocked, you're an imbecile, mute, you're stupid, I have a masters degree, you're dumb, I was journalist!!!! Ridiculous and immature. 

I have a Master's too, Carole, and I disagree with you politically. Am I also dumb? Geez! Be an adult and put your big girl hotpants on.

Tinsley's addition to the cast is what has brought me back after skipping last season. Maybe she'll bring some spark when she enters the fray.

Lu is stunning. Legs for days. Don't remember which poster said this, but she needs to hand out her surgeon's card to some of the other women. I'm all for if someone wants to get something done and they can afford it, have at it. But, holy cow, please research and find a good doctor. Less is more with plastic surgery. A good surgeon will make you look like the best version of you and natural, but not some weird windtunnel person.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, blondiek237 said:
On 4/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, Jamie Satyr said:

It's something! Are you being a hypocrite here? What if someone you dallied with wound up marrying a close friend! You're telling me you wouldn't care? You're a bigger person than me! It makes no sense to do something like that; too many other people in this world to defile a friendship! Damn, Lu was staying at Sonja's house for Gawd-sake! WOW, SERIOUSLY? ;-(

Happened to me.  There was this guy that I had a crush on all through school.  We ran into each other as adults and hooked up.  We got together every so often after that.  My BEST friend and he ended up living together for a few years, I sucked it up, it takes 2 to tango.  Me an this friend even ended up living together after that(it was about 8 years later)

Apparently, I could teach Lu a thing or two about being a HO and breaking "girl code."  I married my big sister's ex-boyfriend!!!  Of course it a horrible thing I've done, especially after the two wonderful children and 30+ years of marriage.  I wish I had know about my terrible sins earlier, it will be so upsetting to have to divorce him now that I've seen the error of my ways!!!  And apparently this level of HO-ness runs in the family since my mother married my father, who dated her older sister at one time.  Better tell my sister too, since she and I have a very nice relationship.  She needs to know how I've deeply offended her and broken "girl code!"

Seriously, people have other relationships, especially after they reach 40.  Should no one be allowed to date because horror of horrors, they dated someone you might have known and it didn't work out between them??

• Love 8

My ex came from a VERY small town and said that if you weren't dating someone's ex then you would be stuck with your first bf/gf forever.

An 80yo told me how she and her twin sister would "trade" boyfriends when they were done with them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

If this is the season where she was supposed to redeem herself after her mean girl behavior then she's not off to a good start. And I wish she'd stop trying to make Adam a thing, their relationship is boring and creepy (has nothing to do with the age difference) and I cringe when they are on screen.

I don't understand what Adam sees in Carole. Does he just need a place to stay in NYC?

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Hahaha this is why I come here ! Love this! 

Ageee with both posters. The apartment selling storyline was purely manufactured like everything else B does. It's all spin, positioning, posturing and hustling. It's been B's MO since day one of being a broke orphan. I feel sorry for those in her path. I am dying to see if her mother is on this season. Kadooz to her mom if she refused to participate in B's TV storyline faked as reconciliation. 

I miss Bethenny from season 1 as the scrappy lady selling muffins in a grocery store. She is so snobby now. I hope she pays her minions well. They don't look that comfortable working for her.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

They don't look that comfortable working for her.

Especially when she's cackling about her 7 million cash deal for her apt when they are probably 5 people living in an efficiency

• Love 7

I'm thinking Ramona's been humbled a bit by her divorce and her dating prospects if she's asking her contractor to set her up with guys. I remember a couple of seasons ago, she turned up her nose at a guy because he was a bartender. The poor contractor - it was incredibly inappropriate to put him on the spot. It reminded me of Sonja striking all sorts of languid, sexy poses in front of her plumber a few seasons ago, and trying to get his attention.

I read that sex manual (Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man) nearly 20 years ago. I can't believe it's being used as fodder for an Off-Broadway play but I can see Sonja having fun with it. Just learn your lines, woman! Don't wing it.

I enjoyed the scene between Dorinda and Carole. The conversation was oddly mature and straightforward for a RH show. I'd liked how the two of them bonded in London over the loss of their husbands, and didn't like how they had a falling-out last season.

I don't doubt that LuAnn's fond of Tom, but I couldn't help but wonder if she'd be hurtling to the altar with a cheater if the guy didn't have that fabulous apartment.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Especially when she's cackling about her 7 million cash deal for her apt when they are probably 5 people living in an efficiency

As the official Bethenny social media reporter, yeah that's not true.  They get paid well and have benefit packages.  There are two assistants, one for personal and one for business.  They seldom quit.  Most of them have been with her for over 3 years.  There is a guy who started this year so I think there was someone that left.  But that is the first in a long time.  The driver has been with her for as long as the divorce begin date.  The glam squad rotates so my guess is that they are contract by session.  And of course she better make money because without it they would all be sharing a cardboard box with 5  people.  My thought is that these folks are treated like professionals with a job as opposed to whatever lunacy Sonja has going on in that mad house.

I don't doubt that LuAnn's fond of Tom, but I couldn't help but wonder if she'd be hurtling to the altar with a cheater if the guy didn't have that fabulous apartment.

Yeah, that apartment is not that fabulous.  Any one of B's, including the one they use for an office are better apartments.  I'm wondering where all of Lu's clothes are in that match box.  Probably out in the Hamptons.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

I'm thinking Ramona's been humbled a bit by her divorce and her dating prospects if she's asking her contractor to set her up with guys. I remember a couple of seasons ago, she turned up her nose at a guy because he was a bartender. The poor contractor - it was incredibly inappropriate to put him on the spot. It reminded me of Sonja striking all sorts of languid, sexy poses in front of her plumber a few seasons ago, and trying to get his attention.

I read that sex manual (Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man) nearly 20 years ago. I can't believe it's being used as fodder for an Off-Broadway play but I can see Sonja having fun with it. Just learn your lines, woman! Don't wing it.

I enjoyed the scene between Dorinda and Carole. The conversation was oddly mature and straightforward for a RH show. I'd liked how the two of them bonded in London over the loss of their husbands, and didn't like how they had a falling-out last season.

The thing for me about that exchange was how immediately Carol launches into, "No one would ever call me a mean girl......etc. etc" and describing who she is as a person.  She still thinks that the filming of the show is different than who she is and I'm really confused. It's kinda like its some alter ego angle. "Oh ho ho, this is a show people. This is what I get paid to do".... but wait you also have genuine reactions on this show THAT WE SEE with our own eyes not to mention how she shows her ass regularly on twitter. But she don't have a mean bone in her body???? This women continues to annoy the fuck outta me.

People get so bent out of shape cause Lu has a vanity issue and holds herself in high regard and even though to some it comes across insensitive at times I have to give the woman some credit. There is substance behind her larger than life persona. It's not just some show she puts on even though at times she does incorporate extra flare. It still comes across as authentic to me. It comes from true life lessons. As a person so full of experience that she's floating through life and although some of her interactions does land with a thud I enjoy for the most part how she embraces her life. No apologies and not for anyone else's approval.

Carol comes across as some lifeless, stuffy and dry, full of herself school marm who thinks she and she alone can dictate what should and shouldn't be relevant to others. Uses stale details of her life a million years ago which although impressive, have been stalled for year after year after year. Not to mention outdated. Her drab story that's only interesting because of her connection to a famous family. Her immediate history involves a book and then a bunch of non books. Oh wow, hail to the big author and worldly Radzi! Puleeezzeee.

I'll take Lu's effortless love of life and colorful story that continues it's momentum to this day even if it may rub some the wrong way over Carole's abrasive self importance that lacks any CURRENT substance any day.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

As the official Bethenny social media reporter, yeah that's not true.  They get paid well and have benefit packages.  There are two assistants, one for personal and one for business.  They seldom quit.  Most of them have been with her for over 3 years.  There is a guy who started this year so I think there was someone that left.  But that is the first in a long time.  The driver has been with her for as long as the divorce begin date.  The glam squad rotates so my guess is that they are contract by session.  And of course she better make money because without it they would all be sharing a cardboard box with 5  people.  My thought is that these folks are treated like professionals with a job as opposed to whatever lunacy Sonja has going on in that mad house.

Yeah, that apartment is not that fabulous.  Any one of B's, including the one they use for an office are better apartments.  I'm wondering where all of Lu's clothes are in that match box.  Probably out in the Hamptons.

I would hope any of the assistants would be using this opportunity with Bethenny as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.  There is only so far they can go in Bethenny's world.  Not saying it is a bad job just more of an entry level job and not a forever job. 

Recently I read an article and apparently Luann spends a fair amount of her time in Florida.  I mean it is not such a bad life to have a summer house in the Hamptons, which is a home on par with Bethenny's, and on the water, a winter spot in Florida and penthouse apartment with views in between.  I would think the bulk of Luann's wardrobe would be in Sag Harbor and appropriately parceled between which works in which venue.   

I don't think Luann married Tom for his real estate portfolio.  It seems her Sag Harbor exceeds the value of his two homes combined. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I'll take Lu's effortless love of life and colorful story that continues it's momentum to this day even if it may rub some the wrong way over Carole's abrasive self importance that lacks any CURRENT substance any day.

This exactly right. Well done.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Not only that, but that's kind of life for a younger person in the city. You work for what you can get, take advantage of any perks, learn from your boss and network, and hopefully parlay it into your own success in NYC down the line. Years later when you have your own cash and career, you probably look back at those days when you made diddly squat working for a total maniac while living in a box with your friends with great fondness even though you didn't have jack. I speak from experience. :)

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 3
On 4/6/2017 at 3:38 PM, islandgal140 said:

Ramona's unhealthy (yes, unhealthy) obsession with Lu and Tom's relationship makes her look like a Fatal Attraction lunatic. Calling people in other states to get the info and keep tabs on Lu? That bar story she was re-told about Lu hitting on some younger married dude was ridiculous given that Ramona herself was acting like an old slattern in that tired lingerie with that contractor.  Bitch, you got some new chairs, sofa and I even noticed a new ottoman - sit your ass down on all of them! 

BWAH! Embarrassing! lol--and so true.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 2

I do have to wonder if Sonja's issues were fueled heavily by Ramona. I didn't recall her being that bothered until Ramona started fueling the fire, and creating this delusion where Sonja and Tom were much more than they really were. 

I think there's a lot to this. Sonja had no problem with "sharing" Tomas with LuAnn on Slutty Island, after all. And her giggly comments to LuAnn about Harry Dubin, and sharing a bubble bath together, made it seem like Sonja's not inherently a jealous type when it comes to this sort of thing...she's got more of "live and let live" attitude. From what we've seen of Sonja, Tom was just one man of many men that she was involved with after her divorce. (No shade intended there.) 

The more last season went on, the bigger the narrative about Sonja's broken heart. Since Ramonja admitted to concocting the Harry proposal story line, I've got to wonder if the two similarly manufactured a SL for last season, as ridiculous as it was.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I think there's a lot to this. Sonja had no problem with "sharing" Tomas with LuAnn on Slutty Island, after all. And her giggly comments to LuAnn about Harry Dubin, and sharing a bubble bath together, made it seem like Sonja's not inherently a jealous type when it comes to this sort of thing...she's got more of "live and let live" attitude. From what we've seen of Sonja, Tom was just one man of many men that she was involved with after her divorce. (No shade intended there.) 

The more last season went on, the bigger the narrative about Sonja's broken heart. Since Ramonja admitted to concocting the Harry proposal story line, I've got to wonder if the two similarly manufactured a SL for last season, as ridiculous as it was.

Sonja was more put off by the downplaying of Lu that wouldn't have even been the case without the upplaying by Ramona. Sonja's hurt came from the hypothetical theory of "what if" Sonja was hurt or upset or distraught or uncomfortable. Sonja then became interested in the outcome of THAT particular narrative and allowed herself to get invested in that emotional war and THEN she actually started getting caught up in it for real and began having true emotions over it based on fictional pressure points that Ramona exaggerated.

I do think Lu was a little too harsh in her dismissal or actually not as savvy with handling of the the unfolding ridiculousness that started playing out over Tom's association with Ramona and Sonja. Had she been more controlled and focused in her reactions to Ramona's lunacy and Sonja's delusions as well as the peanut galleries weighing in on the timelines, frequency and coincidental connection between them all, this whole clusterfuck of "Woah is Sonja" could have been avoided.

• Love 4
On 4/6/2017 at 9:54 AM, RockClimb said:

I feel for LuAnn. I think it's one of those situations where you unexpecedly meet someone you click with, so many things about the relationship  seem perfect, and you just can't bring yourself to acknowledge this HUGE glaring problem. She's annoyed that the other women are talking about it and trying to force her see it. She knows, she's just choosing to forge ahead anyway, and wants everyone else to play along with her denial.

I also feel for Lu, but I don't think she is in denial and wants everyone else to play along. Some marriages have no sex, some include others, some openly swing, and on and on. I don't care about any married couples sex life and I'm tired beyond belief that these unhappy harpies keep poking Lu about it. Carole has basically said she can only love someone if there is an end in sight, Mario stepped out on Ramona for a looooong time and B had a miserable marriage; yet these three think they are in place to tell Lu what is wrong with her marriage?! Get over yourselves!  

• Love 15

Ramona's nervous laughter makes me sad for her.  And for me because I'm still watching this.  The lunch between her and Luann was awkward.  I'm not a fan of Lu's but I would've pulled a Brandi Glanville and thrown my wine in that heffa's botoxed face.

Tom's apartment is nicer than I thought it would be.

I'm glad we got to see it before Lu moves back in with Sonja.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Ramona's nervous laughter makes me sad for her.  And for me because I'm still watching this.  The lunch between her and Luann was awkward.  I'm not a fan of Lu's but I would've pulled a Brandi Glanville and thrown my wine in that heffa's botoxed face.

It's inevitable! Looks as if Lu will turn "that blind eye" for a while, but when the comments like Sonja and Ramona become too embarrassing, she'll have no choice but to "move on" to the next schlub! It'll be harder approaching 60 though! ;-)

I don't think jealous sniping from Ramona, Sonja and Bethenny will affect Luann in the least. Why should she care?

None of them can seem to stay in a stable relationship. Luann snared a husband. Their lifestyle is their lifestyle. Who are these witches to judge her?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

Snap!

• Love 2
On April 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM, lunastartron said:

Off topic  Not a tweet person but the above made  me curious , what I see is a lot of those calling her names her responding to tweets from posters who are defending things that can't be defended.   Demented rants?  Frankly if someone called me a Libtard I'd slam back too.  Perhaps that why I'm not on Twitter.   Moaner stating she knows as much about politics seems demented.  I can't wait for that word salad ramble  because there is just not enough of that from her. 

Would a building like hers have a doorman or someone to buzz Mario the contractor up?  Was she talking to her housekeeper off camera about his arrival?   She puts on something she obviously didn't sleep in and a face mask on filming day.  Now that and the waiting down in the lobby for her fake lunch date is  really sad.  Makes me miss the days she would be fondling her crap jewelry or buying overstock shirts to resell  

• Love 2

At a certain point I realize I have to post what I've quoted before having caught up on everything or I'll forget why it was important to me.   That point was page 7, sorry I'll double back in a sec.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:01 PM, izabella said:

Ramona really needs to find a story line that isn't about Tom.  It comes across as jealousy since there's no point to it.  And her desperation to find a man is embarrassing.  

and

On 4/6/2017 at 8:14 AM, ghoulina said:

Wow, some of these women are just NOT looking good. I thought both Caroel and Ramona had more work done. I'm not an expert in these things, so I don't know WHAT exactly. But yikes. Ramona looked crazy in her THs. And Carole is morphing into that cat lady (which is fitting, now that she's got several cats running around the place. And tearing up the furniture??? Mr. Ghoulina and I were having a breakdown last night about the state of our couches/lack of money to get new ones....but hers looked even worse than ours!)

And Bethenny's hair. That Joan Jett look just isn't working for her. I don't mind her with short hair, but she needs the bangs off of her face, and softer wisps or waves to balance out the hard angles of her face. 

Lu, who I'm not a fan of, looked the best. She was KILLING it in that tennis skirt. 

Moving on from the superficial stuff....

Ramona and her contractor = skeevy. That guy looked like he wanted to run away. She couldn't stop reminding him that he shared a name with her ex, and then she's asking him to find her dates. Run away OtherMario, run away!

Sonja and her sex play...what in the what what? I should never be shocked with Sonja. She did make me laugh when she said her Uber driver dresses better than her. But every year a new name is dropped. Now she dated Prince Albert? 

So Carole is one of those people who can't stop talking politics/election? Yay! I'm so excited for the rest of this season now. /sarcasm

I think Lu and Tom are incredibly awkward together and there's no doubt they're both "flanderers", but people just need to let it go. I think they both know what the other is about and want to get married anyhow. So let it be. I am having a hard time keeping up with who is invited to what event. Sonja was at the bridal shower, but NOT invited to the bachelorette party? I guess it gets confusing when two of your friends have been with your man. 

I'm glad Bethenny's apartment sold so fast so we can (hopefully) stop hearing about it. I like B (I think I'm one of the few left who does), but I have found her melodrama about that place to be tiresome. Moving on. 

Overall a pretty tame opener. 

So...? we've just agreed that grabbing your contractor in a forehead-on-forehead-curtain of your hair covering his face embrace is normal then?  I mean it's ok if so, I just need y'all to let me know so I can reevaluate my boundaries with the Cablevision guy, he's pretty cute. 

On 4/6/2017 at 9:01 AM, seasick said:

Sonja's show sounds like THE most disgusting and gross --pathetic "being a slob is the only angle I have left" display. I used to feel a bit sorry for her  thinking perhaps her financial downfall caused delusions but she is a pig--point blank. And Andy and Bravo--hang that $$ carrot lower and lower and they continue to get on their knees with their tongues out convincing themselves it's fine and not totally degrading to one's humanity.  Even barnyard animals have a sense of dignity.   (My apologies to pigs -- I meant it in the human, slop-wallowing hog sense.)

Ramona apparently got nothing this season except phony "dates' and Tom and Lu.  .    I'm surprised Lu didn't remind and thank Ramona --in the kindest sense of course-- about her own years of denial with her philandering husband Mario and how they were there for her own humiliation--especially since Ramona was so self-righteous and superior about her great marriage,. What @Sun-Bun said above re Luann's marriage are my thoughts exactly.  She knows who he is.   It's getting late.  Let's travel and drink champagne.    

LMAOOOOO!!   This is the shittiest/lovliest thing I've read this week.   I enjoyed it very much, thank you.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:26 AM, Jel said:

Bethenny seemed happy, and I thought she was very pleasant this episode.  Her realtor though -- he says 6.75, she insists 6.95, he says no, she pushes...sold in one day for 6.95. Had she taken his advice, she would have also lost $200K in one day.  And Bethenny didn't even take a shot about it!

Kind of a dull episode. Even the "This season on..." didn't look that promising. 

Ya'll kinda covered it.  I did a little spit take when he said, see you need me. 

On 4/6/2017 at 9:51 AM, ButterQueen said:

Don't forget the HUG as he was leaving.  She's just insufferable and looks horrible.  

See sexual assault question above ^ are we ok with it or......?   Hmph.  Hug.  Airquotes.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:44 PM, Ki-in said:

Dorinda is spot on in her assessment of Carole being much more invested in Adam than he is in her.  Dating is one thing but living together is another and ending when you're living together can be difficult and probably devastating for Carole when that time eventually comes. He has said that he does want children and I don't think a basket of ki-ins is going to change his mind when he gets closer to 35. Her face is proof she is desperate to keep him. If I was better at posting pictures we could see her face morph from gaunt and equine to puffy and Mama Elsa scary.

Lu is over the top with her wedding and the various showers but seeing as how she married in jeans the first time and never had are-do or vow renewal I kind of get it. Plus she has to prove how happy she is. 

Biggie and Smalls are cute but really? And Carole calling it gangster, ugh, if she's going to be a teen be a teen from this decade (century)

Full geek disclosure.  This brought me an irrational amount of joy.  I said that if I ever brought home another tail wagger his or her name would be Tory, abbreviated for his/her full name:  Notorious D.O.G. Wilder.    

On 4/6/2017 at 1:41 PM, Natalie68 said:

HA!  Now that I know these were, um, playthings, it really skeeves me she was scrubbing the pink one.  EW!!!

While we're complicit in our refusal to mention stuff, not one of you seems particularly concerned with why said implement would need to be scrubbed.    ::carolbradyheadshake:: I'm very disappointed in you.   

On 4/6/2017 at 7:59 PM, Sheenieb said:

Well, regardless of what anyone thinks of Luann, she doesn't hustle backwards.  That townhouse is worth the price of admission. While Tom's out smashing other women, I hope she added her name to the lease/deed/whatever rich people apartment paperwork.

I don't worry about Lu, though, she'll always land on her feet. Even when she was single, she was smart with her cash, didn't blow her settlement, and lived within her means. If things go south with Tom, she'll be fine. Embarrassed and hurt, sure, as any one would be, but she'll bounce back.

The election talk is still too soon for me. Watching it unfold is cruel dramatic irony.

Ramona needs to stop. I wrote last year that she is that bitch who sings Congratulations by Vesta at your wedding. I stand by that.

Dress for Success or not, those shoes and clothes looked too old/worn out to be donated. Those Gucci loafers looked like house slippers. Judging by what was shown, I doubt Bethenny got anything useful out of that pile.

Obama-lol.gif

This is so culturally inside that I fear only a handful know how hilarious it is.   Regardless, I missed you.   ROTFLMAO!!!! 

On 4/6/2017 at 11:17 PM, zoeysmom said:

Here is a picture of all the ladies sans Bethenny from last night:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4385106/RHONY-unite-Season-9-premiere-party.html  Carole has cut her hair.

I think I still really want to win a day in Dorinda's wardrobe.   Oddly, even though I don't usually like red, I drool over that jumpsuit, I just don't like it on her.  It made her look wide where she isn't.   I've already forgotten what Ramona had on, I can't get past that startled/awkward Chandler Bing thing that happens when she sees a camera.  Lu is killing white as usual, but it's the same dress we've seen on her 59 ways till Sunday.   Sonja and the sequin sheath are like Forrest and Jenn-ay.  I understand.  Some fashionista advised the generic:  find a look that you like that works and go with that.  I've bought the same dress 4 times too but there comes a point when you move on.   I love that Carole clearly still gives few styling fucks, however the thing she might want to consider is not drawing attention to the physical flaw you're trying to highlight.   I don't mean that to be an age shame thing, Carole and I could've been classmates.   We all have a thing or 3, don't put a police spotlight on it and make it worse.  She may have fabulous legs and, according to her, a great ass but the thing about mini skirts is if your knees have reached a crepe papery stage, respect them.  Let them live out the rest of their days in relative peace.   I hate that this sounds like woman critqueing, I just want her to stop reminding me that she's trying to look young.   52 is fucking awesome (I've heard lol) just look like a really good 52 year old.   Christie Brinkley, Michelle Obama, Luann DeLesepps D'Agostino could wear that same thing and I'd think, yo, #clydesdalegoals. 

I'll read the rest tonight I promise :)

• Love 4
On 4/13/2017 at 4:21 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

This is so culturally inside that I fear only a handful know how hilarious it is.   Regardless, I missed you.   ROTFLMAO!!!! 

I've missed you as well @ZaldamoWilder! You bless these here boards with your wit. I had to bring up Vesta for the culture.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, film noire said:

Add in identifying as a feminist (as Carole does) while living in a society full of hatred for women  (and our bodies, autonomy and power as we age) and the use of that word always gets my ears swiveling, like a cattle dog.

Dead. I am dead. THUD. I have a cattle dog & just screamed w laughter!!!! (I also agree w the rest of your sentence!!!)

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, islandgal140 said:

Lawd, I feel sorry for anyone who has ever eaten off Sonja's plates at her house. Looks like everyone got a taste of Sonya's special sauce. 

This is the wrongest thing I have ever read. It's so wrong, it's back around to right!!!

• Love 2
On 4/6/2017 at 1:13 PM, film noire said:

Watching Beverly Hills this season made me feel like one of the witless townies in "Big Little Lies". 

I agree (and well  said). Caveats up front; we're a broad mix of types, in womanhood (born or made) and I  support, flag wave  -- and cheer on! -- women calling ourselves whatever we want. And I do think there are women who retain girlishness throughout their lives (Audrey Hepburn carried a sense of that lovely, youthful presence until the day she died) but they are rare, and rarely call themselves "girls". (And Hepburn kicked ass for UNICEF, so if she wanted to call herself a "double damn girl" I would concede the word happily.)  The difference to me is, Carole's relationship to the word feels less about capturing who she genuinely is, and more about who she desperately hopes to remain. I find that disturbing, especially when accompanied by a face full of fillers.  Add in identifying as a feminist (as Carole does) while living in a society full of hatred for women  (and our bodies, autonomy and power as we age) and the use of that word always gets my ears swiveling, like a cattle dog.

Agreed. I call women past the age of eighteen "women"- out of respect. However, I have referred to myself as a "girl" and likely will continue to do so, until I feel that ship has (mentally) sailed. When will that be? Whenever I feel like it! As I'm not on reality TV, I feel that I'm offending no one but myself! Basically I can see both sides of this one.

I'm actually liking Carole... THAT is a weird feeling. And Carole really does Tweet endlessly and everywhere about politics. I've never followed her actual account, but occasionally I will be reading through a political tweet storm, and sure enough Carole freaking Radziwell pops up with an opinion. It was weird the first time, but now I'm used to seeing that name all over Twitter.

• Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.