Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Since they existence of the half-sister has been known for years, then why are the commercials saying it's a secret?  It's not a secret.  I'm hoping the sibling doesn't appear and let the show intrude on their life. 

The only revelation in the whole story is that Babs made husband promise to abandon his child, and he agreed.   Despicable family.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/2/2023 at 10:07 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Since they existence of the half-sister has been known for years, then why are the commercials saying it's a secret?  It's not a secret.  I'm hoping the sibling doesn't appear and let the show intrude on their life. 

Scenes from the upcoming season say that your hope is in vain! 😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Whitney, you're not giving "a gentle push." You're a bossy bitch.  And you should not have thrown out stuff without your dad. That was his to do. She's so controlling. She needs to follow his lead, not vice versa. 

Does this show really need to be on this season?

The only revelation in the whole story is that Babs made husband promise to abandon his child, and he agreed.   Despicable family.    

Wow, I did not know this! This changes my whole POV towards Glenn and Babs, especially the latter.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2023 at 1:02 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Paternity issues can be complicated, so I won’t judge them on anacient history…..perhaps, the facts will come out later on.  

But blood type tests were available since the 1920s so if he was seeing someone  and the blood type matched, it would have been reasonable to assume the child was his.

Wow, so it's turning out that Babs was a bitch... Wrap your head around that.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

I'm confused. So, obviously Glenn knew about this child but did he not tell Whitney and Hunter until recently??? Or are they playing dumb(not hard for them) and they actually knew about the half sibling for years?

And how did they reconnect? Did Angie reach out to them or did Glenn contact her? And why did the mother Jackie never sue him for child support?

I think the show is running its course. Whit and her family are not really that interesting.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Wow, then there is this. Glenn said it was okay with him to film the funeral because Diana and the Queen were mourned publicly. Who wants to break it to him that it's hardly the same thing (gently, in a couple of years maybe)?

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-pleads-with-fans/

Ah who cares?  Glenn and Babs did seem to enjoy their "fame" and part on the show as much as Whitney and I don't think she's "forcing" him to do anything.  People who love being on tv probably love the idea of a loved one's funeral being on tv as well!  And Glenn might as well enjoy cast trips with the gang as long as he's fit and able and TLC is paying them to do it!  I'm all for coming here to make fun of them and snark on their ridiculousness, and if they want to read on here I think it's their lookout, but why do people have to go on their actual social media accounts and yell at them?  Like any of them actually give a crap about Whitney being "mean" to Glenn.  People need to mind their business and find. better things to do!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I'm done with this woman & won't waste my time watching, but I'm not above checking here for updates LOL.  Remember the premise of this show at it's beginning & look how it changed.  Instead of being inspirational & showing us that a fat girl can be active with the dancing & all, it came down to exploiting a friend's drug problem, fake romances & airing dirty family laundry.   

As far as "love children" go, there could be a number of scenarios going on. There were no DNA tests of course.  Perhaps the child's mother got married & preferred not to have the kid's biological dad in the picture.  If they were both young this was a common scenario back in the day, when most people did get married.  It was just more acceptable socially all way around.  Plus there have been so many fake storylines on this show that frankly, who knows if this isn't another one?

What I find astounding is how low Whitney will sink to create a story interesting enough to pitch to TLC so she could get yet another season of this awful show.  Would any of us do this to their elderly widower dad?   It's as though he's sacrificing his dignity so his daughter can bank a few more bucks.  Despicable.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Would any of us do this to their elderly widower dad?   It's as though he's sacrificing his dignity so his daughter can bank a few more bucks.  Despicable.  

I don't think Twitney had to twist her father's arm on this.  I think he's perfectly willing to appear on TV and earn some extra money too.

• Like 4
On 9/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, JeanJean said:

Wow, I did not know this! This changes my whole POV towards Glenn and Babs, especially the latter.

My wife doesn't know this, and we watched the episode with a box of tissues. I don't know if I should tell her...but hopefully this is the end of the Babs storyline (RIP Babs) and we can go on hate watching and checking out the travel p*rn.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I don't think Twitney had to twist her father's arm on this.  I think he's perfectly willing to appear on TV and earn some extra money too.

I agree - and again I say why not?  Should he just sit around his house as an elderly widower until he joins Babs in a coffin?

• Like 6
On 9/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, applewood said:

I'm confused. So, obviously Glenn knew about this child but did he not tell Whitney and Hunter until recently??? Or are they playing dumb(not hard for them) and they actually knew about the half sibling for years?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!  They are playing dumb and knew about the half sibling for years, in fact I seem to remember some super sleuths on the board years ago posting about Whitney having a sister that never appeared on the show.  And I don't believe Babs forbade Glenn from having contact with the daughter.  I think she probably forbade him from allowing the daughter to be publicly acknowledged and featured on the show, but that's a separate issue.  After she passed he didn't have to honor that anymore.  They had to make this look like some "shocking newly revealed secret" to Whitney and her brother, because after all, they never talked about it and that looks bad if suddenly Whitney admits she knew about it all along and they suddenly spring the daughter on the audience.  So they have to make that look plausible by saying he didn't have any contact with the daughter at all and kept her a secret from his other kids, and of course blame that on Babs, who of course can't defend herself now (which I think is shitty).

I will believe that Glenn may have fallen out of touch with the daughter for a while or had less contact with her as she got older, but let's face it, she hasn't been a kid for a long time.  They may have just mutually not been that interested in getting together and maybe just shared cards and phone calls every now and then.  But I refuse to believe that Babs forbade him from having any contact with her at all ever.  And maybe the daughter was just waiting in the wings for the "coast to be clear" as in Babs not being around so that she could be featured on the show, which was probably in the plan all along because you know how they wouldn't pass up an opportunity to use juicy fodder like that to keep this tired old show on the air.  Ugh, just writing that makes me feel low class.  🙁

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

This "Secret Sis Surfaces" is the only interesting thing on the show (finally! something interesting) but it only stays interesting if we get the real story, not the glossed over version that seems to be coming. 

Would Babs demand Glenn never claim his child? Nothing surprises me when it comes to what people will do in their own self-interest. And banishing the child would also mean Jackie would be totally out of his life, too.

Regardless, Glenn so far looks pretty bad in this tale. Sounds like he just left a very young pregnant woman to deal with it herself and didn't step up for her or the child.. 

Where's the Frenchman?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 9/2/2023 at 9:07 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I find this story about Babs believable.  She seems like the type to me to be jealous, insecure and controlling enough to manipulate Glenn and the rest of the family this way, to want him to abandon his previous girlfriend and their child, and to not want any part of his illegitimate child, previous relationship, etc. to be mentioned in her presence let alone put on TV.

Now when Glenn talks about how "this is what Babs would have wanted," how she would have loved to visit the grandkids, great grandkids, etc., I don't believe him at all.  He looks uncomfortable saying it and I think he knows if Babs were still alive they would not be reuniting with this branch of his family.

• Like 5

I didn’t get that idea about Babs at all.  

• Like 2

The timing certainly seems that as Angie was finding Glen Babs was doing poorly and of course she was everyone's #1 priority, plus she hasn't been well for several years, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn’t get that idea about Babs at all.  

I'm with you, I want to know where the story came from that Babs made Glenn abandon his child because I haven't seen that anywhere.  First of all, the child predated her by quite a bit how much later would that have had to happen anyway?  The only thing I might imagine is that if he found Angie via DNA matching while Babs was still alive and not yet too sick to know about it she may have asked him not to make a thing about it on the show and not to involve her in any of his contact with Angie.  That's the only thing I'd be willing to believe.  Of course they are now saying that Babs would have loved to meet Glenn's "other" family, but we don't know if that would have been true and Babs is not alive to contradict that now.  I do believe she might have gotten along famously with them if they weren't who they were to Glenn, so maybe that's why they're saying that.

• Like 3

ow when Glenn talks about how "this is what Babs would have wanted," how she would have loved to visit the grandkids, great grandkids, etc., I don't believe him at all

Agree 1000 %. I find that people  use that phrase when they are trying to convince themselves that what they are doing  (but which they may have a doubt about) is the correct course of action. Most frequently when taking a vacation or having a party shortly after  a loved one has passed.

Not saying that Glen doesn't have the complete right to meet his other family but it is a stretch to speak for his deceased wife.

• Like 2

I believe Babs knew about a love child Glenn fathered, and put the kibosh on him or Whit trying to find the child. I knew about my husband's old girlfriends plus he had class photos, etc. Since women are threatened? .....Jealous?... Insecure? ...about their relationships. 

Interesting that Babs and the child's mother are petite brunettes...Glenn has a type.  

My impression of Angie's family is that they were much more lively and fun and nice to be around than Whit or here today gone tomorrow Hunter. I feel like Glenn and Babs had a sedate lonely life without much extended family around them. They wanted grandchildren.

I can see Glenn getting together with Angie on his own in person or on zoom, without Whit hovering around. He may even meet someone else . Whit need to give him suave to grieve,  instead of trying to fill void so soon. 

Some women,  not since women.

Space not suave.

Note to self: edit before posting.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mollywolly555 said:

Interesting that Babs and the child's mother are petite brunettes...Glenn has a type.  

Babs might have been petite in her earlier years but she wasn’t during her time on the show. I think she looked smaller because she was always around Whitney but she was probably about a size 12 or larger. I always got the impression she was fairly tall too though again, it was hard to tell because anyone would look tall next to Whitney. But I’d say 5’6” at least and maybe as tall as 5’9”

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Babs might have been petite in her earlier years but she wasn’t during her time on the show. I think she looked smaller because she was always around Whitney but she was probably about a size 12 or larger. I always got the impression she was fairly tall too though again, it was hard to tell because anyone would look tall next to Whitney. But I’d say 5’6” at least and maybe as tall as 5’9”

Really?  I never saw Babs as that tall, maybe 5'4" or 5'5" at most, especially in scenes where you can see her next to Whitless.  She put on a few pounds in her later years but nothing crazy.  She was probably no more than 140 or 150 at most.  Plus at least as far as clothing goes the word "petite" describes height, but not necessarily weight.  You can even be a plus sized petite.  Petite clothing is designed for women 5'4" and under.  Right now I wear a 14 or 16 petite.  And actually Glenn himself is not that tall either although he may have shrunk with age.  Hunter seems quite a bit shorter than Glenn and of course Whitney is no more than 5'2" either.  Those short genes are coming from somewhere.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1

Good point @Yeah No!  I wasn't really considering Glen, Hunter and Twit's heights in figuring Babs' height.  I too think she was more in the 5'4" -5'5" range by comparison. I never thought of her as heavy/overweight in any way just normal for her age/activity level.

• Thanks 1

I remember in one of the first episodes, it was said that Babs ate only canned soup!  She definitely put on some weight toward the end, but any lady in her 70s is allowed to.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, Dibs said:

I remember in one of the first episodes, it was said that Babs ate only canned soup!  She definitely put on some weight toward the end, but any lady in her 70s is allowed to.

I always remembered that myself and because of that I was worried about her health from the very beginning.  The amount of sodium in canned soup is staggering and too much puts you at not only an increased risk of heart disease, but also of stroke.

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, Dibs said:

I remember that she really liked soup but not that it was the only thing she ate.

11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I remember that she really liked soup but not that it was the only thing she ate.

I actually remember it being put that she only ate canned soup.  I forget who mentioned it on the show now (it may have been Whitney).  And it's even referenced in this very thread way back in 2016 here:

It always stuck with me and all I could think was "if she continues that she's going to have a stroke".  BTW she had her first stroke in 2017.  🙁

The post above makes a good point that probably no one in that household ever ate very healthy meals.  It doesn't sound like Babs was a home cook or anyone there for that matter.  And just because someone is a little overweight and not morbidly obese doesn't mean they're eating healthy foods.  I know a ton of skinny people that eat horribly.  Their bodies don't show it on the outside but inside they are not healthy as a result.  And there's a new-ish term I've heard called "skinny fat" referring to such people.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Dibs said:

Canned soup didn't cause Babs' strokes.  She had a neurological condition unrelated to diet.  

There are people that get the condition that they can't trace to any particular cause such as DNA predisposition, so environmental conditions might still have an affect.  The high sodium couldn't have helped.

• Useful 1
On 10/25/2023 at 7:43 AM, Mollywolly555 said:

My impression of Angie's family is that they were much more lively and fun and nice to be around than Whit or here today gone tomorrow Hunter. I feel like Glenn and Babs had a sedate lonely life without much extended family around them. They wanted grandchildren.

In Bab's obituary it mentioned that she had two siblings and Glenn had two siblings and they had several nieces and nephews. In fairness to Babs and Glenn, maybe they had much more of a life than was portrayed on the show.

However, I agree with you, I think they would have enjoyed having a few grandchildren.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Oh, no! It was the weekend, was Whitney ready???  Congrats to Buddy and Courtney!?aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1teHAyLTEuY2RuaW5

They look lovely and I wish them many years of happiness. It seems sobriety also looks good on Buddy, and I hope he has continued success. It's not easy loving an addict, but he seems motivated to keep his healthy habits.

And no, I'm sure Big Whit was not ready for a wedding this weekend!

• Like 4

According to an alleged wedding guest who posted on Reddit, Whit and Glen (her "date") were seated far away from the bride and groom at the reception, and she was relatively subdued for Whitney.  None of the rest of the alleged "friends group" attended.

• Useful 3
44 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Buddy has a type-thicc ladies with dark brown hair. They look great. Hope they participate in the show more.

I thought she made it pretty clear she didn't want to be on camera. Maybe she will change her mind, but I kind of doubt that Twit will want her around because she is a beautiful woman that might outshine Twit.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know if you need an account to view it, but she posted a video.  Here's the link:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy_MQJZuLQ3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Thanks @Yeah No!! I could watch it. It was a beautiful wedding they really went all out.  I hope they have a long and happy life together!🥂

And yes, Whitney did look nice.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2