Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Dibs said:

I hear Twitney is taking Ozempic, so maybe it's not all photoshop.  "Is it real, or is it Memorex?"  We'll have to wait for the next season to see!

Did anyone post her IG rant about saying to her Dad, "I'm so lucky to have you" and his answering "We were both lucky to have your mom" followed by a poll question as to whether or not she should be annoyed by this?  "All Babs, all the time!"

She’s still competing with her mom even after she’s dead.  She is weird.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2023 at 12:06 PM, bichonblitz said:

Whit's back on IG selling dildoes again. Gotta keep earning those $$$$ no matter how humiliating. The woman has no shame. 

You mean the Lelo vibrators? I don't see the humiliation in promoting something that's sex positive. This particular brand is also inclusive and informative, so I hope they benefit from the mention.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

You mean the Lelo vibrators? I don't see the humiliation in promoting something that's sex positive. This particular brand is also inclusive and informative, so I hope they benefit from the mention

Does anybody need to be schooled on IG by Whitney on why this vibrator is so fabulous?   She does it for the money and it's gross. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Does anybody need to be schooled on IG by Whitney on why this vibrator is so fabulous?   She does it for the money and it's gross.

Whitney is pointing out why someone might want to buy this vibrator. People who aren't potential buyers for whatever reason don't have to be "schooled"; they can just move on. To me, promoting products on social media is no different than earning money from any other kind of endorsement.

• Like 2

Is this show done now? Last season was so depressing for obvious and understandable reasons. I’d like the cast to come back after the pain has subsided a bit and have fun again.  The only fat people you see on tv anymore are depressing or trying to lose weight. Would be nice to see one where the fat people actually have a good time that’s genuine and not shaming. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Is this show done now? Last season was so depressing for obvious and understandable reasons. I’d like the cast to come back after the pain has subsided a bit and have fun again.  The only fat people you see on tv anymore are depressing or trying to lose weight. Would be nice to see one where the fat people actually have a good time that’s genuine and not shaming. 

According to this page the show is filming and will be coming back.  This is unofficial as no word has come from the network itself.  That's not unusual, though, as it didn't last year either until shortly before last season aired.

Of course it should be even more depressing now that Babs has passed away....😢

• Like 5
On 3/14/2023 at 11:31 AM, Pi237 said:

Whitney isn’t genuine and this show has been low-key “shaming” her for years. Either she doesn’t care or can’t seem to figure that out.

This show and its fake storylines needs to go away. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Whitney isn’t genuine and this show has been low-key “shaming” her for years. Either she doesn’t care or can’t seem to figure that out.

This show and its fake storylines needs to go away. 

To be fair to the show - I thinks she takes care of shaming herself 😄.

• Like 3
On 4/1/2023 at 7:06 PM, Elizzikra said:

Jessica's episode of Say Yes to the Dress is on now. Whitney is not on it - it's her mom and two other people (I missed the beginning and I don't know the other two). 

Could you just imagine her being there in her usual sports bra and leggings, too small and too tight, surrounded by beautiful wedding gowns?

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Lurk said:

Could you just imagine her being there in her usual sports bra and leggings, too small and too tight, surrounded by beautiful wedding gowns?

All too clearly - because we've already seen it! 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

All too clearly - because we've already seen it! 😂

We can all picture thatt and maybe Keinfeld's could too and said UM...NOPE.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Quof said:

The Severino's what?  Whatever it is, it belongs only to one Severino. 

I'm thinking the diamond ring after Severino's was meant to depict "wedding", thus "The Severino's Wedding".

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 3

There are two Severinos (at least after the wedding), so it's still incorrect.  

Or does more than one Severino become Serverini?

Edited by Quof
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Who excells at cut-and-paste here?  We're missing out on some excellent snark as Whit conducts a "couple's photo shoot" with Dadwee, complete with romantic field of flowers, champagne flutes, intimate embraces, and even what looks like an open-mouth kiss.  I kid you not.  See her IG pics...

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
(edited)

I don’t understand the photoshoot on any level, it’s weird “romantic” photos with her dad and the sun blocks out half the faces or did Glenn go into witness protection and is trying to hide his identity.  The only one that looks good in the pics is the dog, whose name I can never remember because they keep changing it.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
On 5/8/2023 at 10:05 AM, Dibs said:

Who excells at cut-and-paste here?  We're missing out on some excellent snark as Whit conducts a "couple's photo shoot" with Dadwee, complete with romantic field of flowers, champagne flutes, intimate embraces, and even what looks like an open-mouth kiss.  I kid you not.  See her IG pics...

throw up jim carrey GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t understand the photoshoot on any level, it’s weird “romantic” photos with her dad and the sun blocks out have the faces or did Glenn go into witness protection and is trying to hide his identity.  The only one that looks good in the pics is the dog, whose name I can never remember because they keep changing it.

But neither of them is dressed for a photo shoot. Even Glenn, who is usually tidy, looks kind of a mess. It’s the strangest thing…

• LOL 1

Okay, upon closer inspection, it was a closed-mouth kiss, but on the lips, and she's wearing Babs' favorite ring on her THIRD LEFTHAND finger, for some reason.  Maybe they meant this in a joking way, but it's still really creepy, IMO.  I have to say Glenn looks like he's having a good time with Whitney since losing his wife; maybe she's a welcome distraction (at least I hope that's all it is).  He should look for a woman his own age -- who isn't his daughter -- but I can imagine how that would go over with her...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I actually found the post right under that one to more offensive.  Whit literally states she has never used a filter to alter her face or body. OMG. Is she for real?  And in this truly unfiltered video, her horrible acne and melasma are on full display.  So where are those things in every other picture?  Filtered out, that's where.  By the way, sadly, her melasma makes her look like she has a moustache and five o'clock shadow.  She could see her derm for some help with both.  She probably likes to keep the melasma around because one cause can be from malnutrition.  Which supports her utterly ridiculous reports that she doesn't eat.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I actually found the post right under that one to more offensive.  Whit literally states she has never used a filter to alter her face or body. OMG. Is she for real?  And in this truly unfiltered video, her horrible acne and melasma are on full display.  So where are those things in every other picture?  Filtered out, that's where.  By the way, sadly, her melasma makes her look like she has a moustache and five o'clock shadow.  She could see her derm for some help with both.  She probably likes to keep the melasma around because one cause can be from malnutrition.  Which supports her utterly ridiculous reports that she doesn't eat.  

Whitney is the TV version of Amberlynn Reid from youtube both are delusional, narcissist, and both are obese, more so Amberlynne😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/17/2023 at 4:32 PM, Dibs said:

Okay, upon closer inspection, it was a closed-mouth kiss, but on the lips, and she's wearing Babs' favorite ring on her THIRD LEFTHAND finger, for some reason.  Maybe they meant this in a joking way, but it's still really creepy, IMO.  I have to say Glenn looks like he's having a good time with Whitney since losing his wife; maybe she's a welcome distraction (at least I hope that's all it is).  He should look for a woman his own age -- who isn't his daughter -- but I can imagine how that would go over with her...

I saw comments about the kiss and came here because I think she removed that picture. I don't see it in her montage.

• Like 2

Here Whitney is blaming PCOS for her weight gain again. PCOS alone won’t make someone 309 lbs (her current, updated weight per whitney herself). She’s sending the wrong message about PCOS, as if to imply one is doomed to be fat if one has the condition. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

Does it make it difficult to maintain or lose weight? Yes (I have PCOS myself and need to work harder and eat less than the average person). But to get to Whitney’s size, one must be overeating A LOT. And we’ve seen her doing it. It just gets tiring that she blames this condition and not her own eating habits. She talks about having an eating disorder previously, but hasn’t admitted to having a food addiction.

There’s some other BS in the first article that she’s “trying to be the healthiest version of herself” and “doesn’t give much thought to what’s on the scale” (eh, don’t believe she’s trying to be healthy). In the second article, a woman says she started watching Whitney’s show because Whit has PCOS (as does the woman and her daughter). Whitney is NOT the best choice as role model for life with PCOS as she’s not really addressed her food addiction.

So frustrating to be seeing this stuff about PCOS again as it’s not fully accurate. 

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-fat-shaming/

https://www.lonetreevoice.com/whitney-way-thore-takes-it-off-for-anti-shaming-campaign/

• Like 4
4 hours ago, auntjess said:

Is the show gone for good?  I hope so.
I want my Drs. Mercy and Emma back, along with Dr. Pimple Popper.

They confirmed they were filming but as far as I know they haven’t mentioned a season premiere date yet.  Maybe this month?

• Like 1

If they’re filming, I hope it airs soon.  I want to see how things are going since Babs died.  There have been some lame storylines, but I hope we are in store for better ones.  

• Like 3

According to Insta, Whit got her braces off.  She took a pic with her orthodontist standing so close you'd think they were a couple and a "seductive" video of her eating candy, allegedly for the first time...

I think it's too bad she opted for perfect, normal, boring teeth.  Her prominent front ones gave her some character and were actually a positive attribute.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 6/14/2023 at 12:40 PM, Dibs said:

According to Insta, Whit got her braces off.  She took a pic with her orthodontist standing so close you'd think they were a couple and a "seductive" video of her eating candy, allegedly for the first time...

I think it's too bad she opted for perfect, normal, boring teeth.  Her prominent front ones gave her some character and were actually a positive attribute.

I think it’s a shame because she used to say she’d never have them fixed. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I don’t why she got braces, but teeth that are out of alignment can cause issues. I found that out when I had an old root canal tooth with a crown get a fractured root and I had to get it extracted.  Another root canal was not recommended, because they rarely work on a fractured root.  So, I had to get a bone graft in preparation for a dental implant, because the space must be filled in. If not, teeth may shift and when the top doesn’t fit right in the bottom, it can cause uneven wear and damage.  Your bite gets off and it can damage your existing teeth.  It’s a nightmare and insurance doesn’t cover a lot of it.  I recall Whit had a tooth extracted several season ago when on vacation.  I wonder if the dental problem started then.  I hope she will address it, because people don’t realize the extent of dental complications and the costs involved!  It’s crazy.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t why she got braces, but teeth that are out of alignment can cause issues. I found that out when I had an old root canal tooth with a crown get a fractured root and I had to get it extracted.  Another root canal was not recommended, because they rarely work on a fractured root.  So, I had to get a bone graft in preparation for a dental implant, because the space must be filled in. If not, teeth may shift and when the top doesn’t fit right in the bottom, it can cause uneven wear and damage.  Your bite gets off and it can damage your existing teeth.  It’s a nightmare and insurance doesn’t cover a lot of it.  I recall Whit had a tooth extracted several season ago when on vacation.  I wonder if the dental problem started then.  I hope she will address it, because people don’t realize the extent of dental complications and the costs involved!  It’s crazy.  

Ooh - I had a tooth extracted from a root canal-ed tooth earlier this year. It's funny - I heard "extraction" and thought it would somehow be something a little more delicate than grabbing the dead tooth and pulling it out of my head. It wasn't.

My father was a dentist and what you said is what he always said about tooth alignment and orthodonture. A lot of what people think is cosmetic does actually have a purpose in terms of having proper alignment, making sure you aren't constantly biting the insides of your cheeks because your bite isn't aligned properly, preventing jaw pain, etc. So yeah, maybe Whit's dental problems started - or got significantly worse - with that tooth extraction a few seasons back.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Maybe...but I seriously doubt it.  As I recall, it was a back molar, so that wouldn't leave a space for misalignment to occur and, at any rate, it wouldn't occur even if it were liable to THAT quickly.  Generous of you to assign non-vanity-based motives to her, however!  

• LOL 1

Heather has a pic on her IG stories labeled “date night”, which I guess might presumably be her and some guy (you don’t see faces, just hands and ice cream cone/bowl).

First question: Is Heather dating someone for real?  

Bigger question: It’s the weekend, was Whitney READY for Heather’s  post?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Heather has a pic on her IG stories labeled “date night”, which I guess might presumably be her and some guy (you don’t see faces, just hands and ice cream cone/bowl).

First question: Is Heather dating someone for real?  

Bigger question: It’s the weekend, was Whitney READY for Heather’s  post?

I hope so. Heather seems nice and I hope she has someone...

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I hope so. Heather seems nice and I hope she has someone...

It seems like she is down a lot or lacks self confidence, but it seems she is getting back into performing in theater so I hope it helps with that.  His exes seem like losers, so if she is dating I hope this guy treats her right and he doesn’t make any appearances on the show.

• Like 3

Wow I just took a look at her Instagram.  She really has lost some weight!  I don't think she really needed braces.  It looks to me like that was a purely cosmetic issue and personally I liked her teeth better before.  

I understand her hanging around with her father.  When my mom passed when I was 42 my dad and I got closer and it was something we both needed to get through those first couple of years.  

As far as the show goes, I keep reading online that Whitney herself has said somewhere that the show has been filming.  TLC never announces renewal until the last minute and the show usually comes back in August every year so it looks like it's likely to do that again.  It looks like it might actually be an interesting season considering she has indeed lost weight.  For that alone and for seeing how she and her family cope with the loss of her mom, I'm in.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
46 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Wow I just took a look at her Instagram.  She really has lost some weight!  I don't think she really needed braces.  It looks to me like that was a purely cosmetic issue and personally I liked her teeth better before.  

I understand her hanging around with her father.  When my mom passed when I was 42 my dad and I got closer and it was something we both needed to get through those first couple of years.  

As far as the show goes, I keep reading online that Whitney herself has said somewhere that the show has been filming.  TLC never announces renewal until the last minute and the show usually comes back in August every year so it looks like it's likely to do that again.  It looks like it might actually be an interesting season considering she has indeed lost weight.  For that alone and for seeing how she and her family cope with the loss of her mom, I'm in.  

Her pics don’t seem as photoshopped as before so for her sake I hope the weight loss is real. Maybe if she did lose weight it will motivate her to do more things on the show instead of blabbering about Le Blur, but she still as far as I know has a horrific personality.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I got braces when I was around Whitney's age. It was purely for cosmetic reasons; I was tired of getting lipstick on my front teeth. I had absolutely no qualms about doing it for vanity's sake. In fact, I would encourage anyone who wanted to do it for that reason to go for it. Even though I had no other dental issues, my dentist was delighted with my decision. He wasn't an orthodontist, so there was no profit motive. It was because he knew that in the long run having the procedure would significantly increase the liklihood of me keeping my own teeth for the rest of my life. Regardless of what drove Whitney's decision, she's improved her dental health and most likely her self confidence, so good for her.

• Like 4
On 7/3/2023 at 9:43 PM, Irate Panda said:

Her pics don’t seem as photoshopped as before so for her sake I hope the weight loss is real. Maybe if she did lose weight it will motivate her to do more things on the show instead of blabbering about Le Blur, but she still as far as I know has a horrific personality.  

Im not finding these pics of a skinnier Whitney. Can someone post links or post the pics here? Please?  I'm not on any social media...

• Like 1

Hope they are doing okay.  The grief process is different for everyone.  I’ve heard some great success stories about Ozempic, if that’s what’s involved.  I wonder if it’ll be mentioned.  

Hope they are doing okay.  The grief process is different for everyone.  I’ve heard some great success stories about Ozempic, if that’s what’s involved.  I wonder if it’ll be mentioned.  

Of course not! Any weight loss will be attributed to Whitney's mighty strength of will, athletic prowess and a heart-warming promise to her departed mother. Got to have some sort of story line, yanno.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I think there might just be enough controversy related to Ozempic for weight loss only, that they may purposely avoid mentioning it. Ozempic was developed for Diabetics needing help controlling the disease. It is great that it caused weight loss and can help some severely obese people. But with all the people jumping on the weight loss feature it is making it harder for Diabetics to get it. And yes, supposedly Whit is pre-diabetic, but how much of that was really just story line??

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 4