Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Was all that giggling nonsense supposed to make me want to shop at Walmart or wear those clothes?  EPIC FAIL.

I stopped buying Walmart clothes for 2 reasons — one, stuff had a tendency to fall apart after a year due to poor construction.  Second, I often question their practices when it comes to outsourcing labor. We in this country demand a living wage, yet we are willing to buy clothes made by people in squalid conditions. I find better stuff at Savers, Goodwill and FB marketplace.

One (rare) compliment to Walmart and Whitney for representing people of different sizes. I didn’t think the commercial was that bad. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Wal-Mart commercial - she looks bigger than ever and sillier than ever prancing around like that. Is it her own line of clothing? I hope not. Would never buy from her. I am glad they offer large sizes though. But damn that commercial pisses me off. Urgh. 😖

I'd rather see a different plus size lady do the commercial - almost anyone but her.

Target had the TLC girl quint family do a few commercials A couple of years ago but I don't think it lasted? 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
(edited)

I had to come here to see the commercial as I haven't seen it on my TV.  I think she looks as big as the last time I saw her (and it's been since last season) but not bigger.  I think the choice of clothing was actually helping that impression.  I suppose she thinks she's a plus size model now.  🙄

Here's a better copy of the video:

https://abancommercials.com/walmart/-apostime-refresh-spring-apos-commercial/168787

Edited by Yeah No
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

With the exception of the floral dress, those clothes are fugly. That being said,  at least Twit is wearing something besides skin tight leggings and a sports bra.  Of course she probably changed right back into that immediately after the commercial shoot. 

• Love 4
On 4/6/2022 at 2:04 PM, TurtlePower said:

One (rare) compliment to Walmart and Whitney for representing people of different sizes. I didn’t think the commercial was that bad. 

Back from the void and this is what I come back for?

I'll agree with bunch of previous posters that the majority of the clothes are... not good. Nothing that I would want to wear (although I will argue that they're just slightly better that the FLDS chic dresses at Target. And it does make it very clear that on the venn diagram, there is a very clear intersection between Whitney's audience and Walmart shoppers. Am not sure who that speaks worse about.

Yes, Whitney has gotten heavier (and it's not that the tv adds 10 pounds - she's well past that point). But she didn't look terrible in some of the outfits. I've said it before and I'll say it a million times in the future - a woman, regardless of what size she might be, will always look far better in clothes that fit instead of the sports bras and leggings that Whitney is always clomping around in. For all her flaws (and they are considerable) she's not an entirely unattractive woman and dressed in something halfway decent, she can look good. Whenever she got dressed by a brand, like when she was with Eloqii, she always looks infinitely better.  But left to her own devices and she's lazy and slovenly.

Maybe a skinny girl can get away with not taking care of herself, but I learned the hard way that when you're plus-sized, you have to put in double the effort to look decent. Fair or not, you're going to be viewed in a harsher light. Whitney isn't a kid anymore and running around in ratty clothes isn't cute. She just looks like a fat blob that doesn't care.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

For all her flaws (and they are considerable) she's not an entirely unattractive woman and dressed in something halfway decent, she can look good

Agreed.  In her IG picture in the red outfit, she looked very nice..

Because she is short and plus size,  she should avoid  midi and maxi length clothing. She would look best in skirts/dresses that skim the knee, or slightly (1/2 inch) above.  It's all about  illusion. 

She has a pretty face, but an ugly soul.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mytmo said:

She's definitely bigger

I have been reading these threads about her since season 1 and every single time a she posts a photo of herself people say she looks bigger.  If that were really the case every time she'd weigh over 1,000 lbs. by now.  People were saying she looked bigger when she really had lost 50 lbs.  The truth is, give or take 50 lbs. she looks about the same because 50 lbs. either way on someone her size is barely noticeable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times in the future - a woman, regardless of what size she might be, will always look far better in clothes that fit instead of the sports bras and leggings that Whitney is always clomping around in. For all her flaws (and they are considerable) she's not an entirely unattractive woman and dressed in something halfway decent, she can look good. Whenever she got dressed by a brand, like when she was with Eloqii, she always looks infinitely better.

During the season of her purported engagement to Chase, didn't she get a bunch of stuff from Stitch Fix? I thought those clothes looked great on her and I was sorry we never saw them again.

Also in the Walmart commercial, her hair and makeup were done. That always helps...

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Because she is short and plus size,  she should avoid  midi and maxi length clothing. She would look best in skirts/dresses that skim the knee, or slightly (1/2 inch) above.  It's all about  illusion. 

Totally agree. And the key is that whatever she wears needs to fit. I mentioned before that my dad worked in the fashion industry and he always told me that anyone, regardless of size, is always going to look better in well constructed clothes that fit. A very slender woman can look good in something oversized and shapeless, but if you're plus sized, you're just going to look even larger and more shapeless. Whitney needs clothes that emphasize (or give the illusion) of her waistline and skim over her hips. Things that are poorly made and clingy are just going to bring the eye to her rolls and bulges.

Of course, in the fat acceptance/liberation movement, that is the point but even now, I hate it when a dress shows off my belly bulge. They want to insist that to want clothing to be "flattering" is fat phobic but I'm going to totally disagree. Some clothing just works better on some bodies than others and while everyone should wear what they like and thinks makes them look good, the reality is that if you wear something that just draws attention to your belly, bumps and rolls, that's all anyone is going to see. And you can't complain if that is what they remark on if asked how they think you look.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Totally agree. And the key is that whatever she wears needs to fit. I mentioned before that my dad worked in the fashion industry and he always told me that anyone, regardless of size, is always going to look better in well constructed clothes that fit. A very slender woman can look good in something oversized and shapeless, but if you're plus sized, you're just going to look even larger and more shapeless. Whitney needs clothes that emphasize (or give the illusion) of her waistline and skim over her hips. Things that are poorly made and clingy are just going to bring the eye to her rolls and bulges.

Of course, in the fat acceptance/liberation movement, that is the point but even now, I hate it when a dress shows off my belly bulge. They want to insist that to want clothing to be "flattering" is fat phobic but I'm going to totally disagree. Some clothing just works better on some bodies than others and while everyone should wear what they like and thinks makes them look good, the reality is that if you wear something that just draws attention to your belly, bumps and rolls, that's all anyone is going to see. And you can't complain if that is what they remark on if asked how they think you look.

This is so true.  A lot of manufacturers seem to think dressing heavy women in oversized mumus and billowing figure hiding fabrics are the way to go but that look they put her in that's cinched right under her bust but then huge and shapeless on bottom only makes her look bigger, especially on camera.  One thing I learned from watching "What Not to Wear" was that regardless of your weight or shape, clothes that just skim the body without being too tight or too loose have the best slimming effect.  Something with a more fitted look while still minimizing bulges is the way to go but a lot of manufacturers and women seem to think wearing huge boxy and gown-ey looking things that hide everything is better.  But it's not, it only makes them look bigger.   Of course it takes more effort to try on clothing until you find something that works for you but the trend these days is not to put that much effort into it, so this is the unfortunate result.  

• Love 4

I'm kind of confused as to why Walmart would pick her for their commercials, as she's not exactly a wholesome, uncontroversial type. While she's got her fans, most people view her as a walking carnival sideshow. There are certainly plenty of other plus-sized models and personalities that have higher profiles than Whitney and not come with a fraction of her baggage. And is there any word on how/where this ad will air? Because I'm wondering if the people in Walmart's PR team is aware of some of the other companies that Whitney has been shilling for and I can't imagine them going ahead with a large campaign and not fully investigate who they're featuring in the ads.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Absolutely to all of this - especially the bolded part. This is NOT fat shaming. It's true for everyone. I recently visited my daughter who is in her mid 20s and gorgeous with a thin, fit body. We went shopping for new clothes for her. There were some things that made her look not too great and even a couple of things that made her cute little body look plump. Obviously we didn't buy those things. And sure - a much larger percentage of clothes looked great on her than on someone Whitney's size but it is NOT fat shaming or not accepting of people who are fat to say it's important to get clothes that fit. It's just Whitney's excuse to be lazy in her dressing just like everything else. 

• Love 4

To quote my father, "Just because you can wear something doesn't necessarily mean that you should." There are plenty of clothes in my size, but I am very particular about what I wear so I'm not interested in bodycon dresses or shirts that show my midriff. I don't mind a skirt that comes above my knee but I think that a miniskirt at my age, however fashionable it might be, is silly. And while I love my maxi dresses in the summer, I am aware that I look like I'm wearing a nightgown. I think that I have a sense of personal style that's part boho, part classic and it works for me.

Whitney is in her late 30s now and still needs to have other people dressing her so that she looks presentable. She's so used to wearing leggings and tank tops on a daily basis that wearing clothing with more structure is automatically uncomfortable. She just carries on like she doesn't care, but we're supposed to give her credit that she managed to roll out of bed and put anything on before tromping out the door. Combing her hair should be considered a major triumph and we've all noticed when she's taken too long in having her extensions redone. I'll sit in the hair salon for five hours every two months having my roots blended so I get that nice platinum blonde ends with dark roots and I cannot survive without my mani/pedi every three weeks. If Whitney wants to be taken seriously in any venue, dressing like a grownup, taking care of herself and acting like a human being would certainly help. It's time for her to grow up.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

To quote my father, "Just because you can wear something doesn't necessarily mean that you should." There are plenty of clothes in my size, but I am very particular about what I wear so I'm not interested in bodycon dresses or shirts that show my midriff. I don't mind a skirt that comes above my knee but I think that a miniskirt at my age, however fashionable it might be, is silly. And while I love my maxi dresses in the summer, I am aware that I look like I'm wearing a nightgown. I think that I have a sense of personal style that's part boho, part classic and it works for me.

Whitney is in her late 30s now and still needs to have other people dressing her so that she looks presentable. She's so used to wearing leggings and tank tops on a daily basis that wearing clothing with more structure is automatically uncomfortable. She just carries on like she doesn't care, but we're supposed to give her credit that she managed to roll out of bed and put anything on before tromping out the door. Combing her hair should be considered a major triumph and we've all noticed when she's taken too long in having her extensions redone. I'll sit in the hair salon for five hours every two months having my roots blended so I get that nice platinum blonde ends with dark roots and I cannot survive without my mani/pedi every three weeks. If Whitney wants to be taken seriously in any venue, dressing like a grownup, taking care of herself and acting like a human being would certainly help. It's time for her to grow up.

It's a combination of her being lazy with it being doubly difficult for her to look presentable because of her size.  She doesn't have the talent or the drive to do it on any kind of regular basis.  I can just imagine how hot she must feel in the NC heat and humidity in the Summer.  That can't help.

13 hours ago, seasons said:

She's bigger.

Interesting that she isn't mentioned by name or did I miss it?

I think the clothes are making her look bigger.  Black spandex minimizes while all those bright splashy prints maximize.

Alex Guarnaschelli, a well known TV chef on the Food Network is also being featured in a Walmart ad for food and they didn't mention her name either.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/27/2022 at 1:18 PM, Cache said:

We don't know what kind of scripts or scenarios production has planned for the latest season, but IMO it must be so little, I'm guessing she's been told not to leak or tease any of it... it can't be because she's too busy with real life activities to post about it. And she's teased stuff in the past, but nothing really this time around.  What's changed?

Renewal still up in the air, maybe?

On 3/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, TurtlePower said:

No wonder she’s shilling vibrators, that’s probably her dream life — laying around pleasuring herself and waiting for food deliveries in between. 

She'd fit right in with the 1000 Lb. Friends, at least with 1 or 2 of
them.

And I think she looked better in the Walmart commercial than usual, and should keep the polka dot dress.

Edited by auntjess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

Renewal still up in the air, maybe?

She'd fit right in with the 1000 Lb. Friends, at least with 1 or 2 of
them.

And I think she looked better in the Walmart commercial than usual, and should keep the polka dot dress.

I’m pretty sure she (or one of the barnacles) posted they were renewed and filming.

17 hours ago, Intuition said:

It's a combination of her being lazy with it being doubly difficult for her to look presentable because of her size. 

The thing is that the plus sized fashion industry has changed pretty dramatically and it is possible to find stylish, well made clothing that's trendy or fashionable. She was a spokesperson for Eloqii awhile ago and they dressed her very well. If she want something more quirky, Mod Cloth goes up to a 4X. eShakti will customize pieces and many dresses will go up to a size 6X! There are clothes out there.

Yes, it sucks that if you're outside of the straight sizes that you have to put in some additional effort but it's not impossible. Even Lane Bryant does have some decent stuff (though they need to let go of the cold-shoulder look). But the trick is to know what would work best on her body and Whitney certainly has access to a stylist who could help her. She's much bigger on the bottom than she is on top, so she would do well with dresses that can balance her out without making her look like a shapeless mass. An A-line dress would work well for her and something with some structure that would help give her the impression of having an actual figure (and not so round all over). Nothing is going to make her look like she's a size 6, but well fitted and well made clothing will always help one to look their best regardless of their size.

• Love 4

I think she looks the same size, and actually looks good in the commercial. The plus sized clothes out there are awful-too loud, too thin, made for women who are short with big boobs, or have odd colors. These looked better than most I’ve seen. 

• Love 5
On 4/7/2022 at 10:16 PM, Yeah No said:

I have been reading these threads about her since season 1 and every single time a she posts a photo of herself people say she looks bigger.  If that were really the case every time she'd weigh over 1,000 lbs. by now.  People were saying she looked bigger when she really had lost 50 lbs.  The truth is, give or take 50 lbs. she looks about the same because 50 lbs. either way on someone her size is barely noticeable.

I agree - she mainly looks bigger or smaller due to clothing choices and how the photo looks.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:48 AM, Hana Chan said:

Of course, in the fat acceptance/liberation movement, that is the point but even now, I hate it when a dress shows off my belly bulge. They want to insist that to want clothing to be "flattering" is fat phobic but I'm going to totally disagree. 

IMO that's just an excuse because they're actually self-conscious about how they look.  Everyone wants to look nice when it counts, no matter what body shape/type.  Yes, it's easier for some than others, but we can all do it.

• Love 4

Just saw the commercial. The clothes fit her and are pretty cute. The look with the jean jacket is nice. With Wally World,  you get what you pay for, but overall the design and fit were a lot better than lots out there.

• Love 3

I think Whit looked great in the commercial. She doesn’t appear to be any thinner, but they hired her anyway.  She was what they wanted.  She was able to model the clothes selected by Walmart and presumably get paid.  

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Whit looked great in the commercial. She doesn’t appear to be any thinner, but they hired her anyway.  She was what they wanted.  She was able to model the clothes selected by Walmart and presumably get paid.  

Yes and this is exactly what people wanted her to do..make use of her fame from the show to get a job. While the commercial may be a one time thing it may lead to other jobs. Does this encourage me to shop at Walmart? No I haven't shopped at Walmart in years but they may get a few customers from the commercial. I did not think it was a bad commercial..I mean it is a Walmart commercial so I won't not expect to see classically trained actors. 

• Love 4

I think she did a good job with the commercial.  I don’t really shop there so I don’t know what their clothes are like but I think most of what she wore looked good on her.  I really thought these are the type of things Whitney would have tried to get into at least a few years back…possibly try to partner with a Walmart for some sort of plus type clothing line instead of selling stuff on her defunct clothing website.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

WTF???

Yeah, I couldn't think of anything to say about this. Maybe the mustache is much more flattering on her than the lip-filler?

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Yeah, I couldn't think of anything to say about this. Maybe the mustache is much more flattering on her than the lip-filler?

Is she channeling  chef Joe Sasto ("Moustache Joe") from Top Chef?

• LOL 2

I think she posted a different pic with her having a mustache a while ago…maybe 2 years…I’m not sure she gave any explanation then or if it was just to show off a filter(YES I think it is the IG Bigode filter) It may just be new season is coming up and she’s trying to be “interesting”. Although I’m often left wondering what her actions even mean most of the type. I will say she has kept this gravy train going for a long time with no discernible talent.  I mean if she were normal weight, her dance skills would not have garnered much views on the internet, she’s really not that good if a dancer IMO.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2

Folks,

Whitney posted a photo using a filter that adds a mustache.  That is all.  Joking about the mustache is fine. Taking it to a point of anything related to transgender or gender fluid persons is moving the discussion too far down the line. Unless Whitney ever says anything along those lines, which she has not, that is not a topic for discussion. 

Posts have been removed.  
Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Sorry, wouldn't sign up even for free! Nope, NOPE, Never!!! Even for her 100th  Birthday (which is doubtful she will reach).

Yeah I don’t know what they’ve been doing lately but I saw some sample videos posted on their site and IG I think, either way that were not worth paying for and even free you could fine better on YouTube IMO.  

• Love 3

Congratulations to the happy couple.....

Now the cynical part of me wonders if the wedding is going to be part of this season because I can't really figure out why Whitney would be one of what looked to be only 2 bridesmaids. Jessica seems like an outgoing social person. Whitney is really her closest friend? If she had a big line of bridesmaids then yea -but just 2 and Whitney is there? And why would Whitney's parents be there? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

According to Jessica and Isaiah's page on The Knot website, guests were asked to sign a release in order to be filmed by TLC for the show. So, yes, looks like this will be part of the new season.

Also, for those of you who do not know, we both appear on a television show on TLC. TV crews will be at the wedding. Everyone will have to sign a waiver upon entering stating they are either OK with being filmed or NOT OK with being filmed. Please know that NO ONE is pressured to be filmed and anyone not wanting to be on television will not be. We completely understand and respect everyone’s privacy. Anyone who wants to save time by filling out the waiver before the wedding can message us! Thank you so much for your patience and we are so excited to celebrate with all of our loved ones!  LINK

• Useful 6
47 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

According to Jessica and Isaiah's page on The Knot website, guests were asked to sign a release in order to be filmed by TLC for the show. So, yes, looks like this will be part of the new season.

To each their own, but to have your wedding filmed and displayed for the world to see in perpetuity just seems so wrong. It's a special day to be cherished for your family and close friends. I just don't get why. 😥

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BAForever said:

To each their own, but to have your wedding filmed and displayed for the world to see in perpetuity just seems so wrong. It's a special day to be cherished for your family and close friends. I just don't get why. 😥

Probably to have a nice wedding on somebody else’s dime and because I’m cynical I’d guess and this is pure speculation maybe Jessica didn’t want to lose her paycheck on the show or with NOBSACTIVE.  I mean you know the show is scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines and maybe TLC wanted a wedding that would actually happen with people that are engaged in real life 😂

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

The cynic in my head says this is why hWitney was a bridesmaid.  "Hey, if you let me be a bridesmaid and let the wedding be filmed for the show, TLC will pick up most of the tab....."

• Love 6