Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Meowy said:

I can't believe she is claiming to be a size 2/3x.  I could be wrong, but I would think her clothing size would be a good bit larger than that.

That's probably why her pants split open so easily.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Meowy said:

I can't believe she is claiming to be a size 2/3x.  I could be wrong, but I would think her clothing size would be a good bit larger than that.

If what I've seen published as her measurements is true, she's not a 3x. The waist on Athleta's 3x leggings is 47 (holy fuck, that's bigger than my hips!) And hips for a 3x is 53. Supposedly Twit's waist is 51 and hips are 60. Damn, she's almost as big around as she is tall.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Meowy said:

Yea that too. Of course it’s leggings so there is stretch but it seems ... well like a stretch LOL.  The size guide says 3X is 46 waist and 58 hips max. She’s always had a smaller waist compared to her ass but the hip size seems unlikely. But then again they are high waisted leggings and she’s short so there could be extra material there. 

edited to add - I should refresh before I respond to avoid posting the same thing others already did 😁

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Weird stuff on Whit’s IG profile... She has her typical advertisement for the show and the links to her ‘product of the week’ which right now is Athleta. But she’s added two things - one for UnitedTalent which seems to be a talent and entertainment company and the other for ViralNation which is a marketing agency. Interestingly, no link to NoBSActive. I hadn’t noticed these agency links before the last few days. Are we starting to see signs that we have seen the end of MBFFL and she’s looking for other sources of income? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Weird stuff on Whit’s IG profile... She has her typical advertisement for the show and the links to her ‘product of the week’ which right now is Athleta. But she’s added two things - one for UnitedTalent which seems to be a talent and entertainment company and the other for ViralNation which is a marketing agency. Interestingly, no link to NoBSActive. I hadn’t noticed these agency links before the last few days. Are we starting to see signs that we have seen the end of MBFFL and she’s looking for other sources of income?

I hope not for her sake! How long could she stay popular/relevant if she doesn't have the show as her platform? Aside from MBFFL and her cruises, she hasn't done much to build up her presence in the world. And who knows how much of the cruise industry will survive the pandemic, if and when it opens up again? A few college speaking/dance class engagements (and she's probably not capable of doing the dance classes anymore)  and a few convention-type appearances, (with the No Barrier Summit the only one she was invited to more than once) and, of course, that masterpiece of literature "I Do It With The Lights On."  Face it, Whit, guest appearances on The Kellie Pickler Show can only sustain you for so long . . . especially now that it's been cancelled.

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/22/2021 at 6:58 AM, Meowy said:

It seems like Athleta might use vanity sizing.  I had to size down two sizes on an outfit I had.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 5

I don’t know what photo she tried to post and was rejected because of nudity, but it sounds like she’s saying the Instagram thought her stomach was her ass. It amazes me what doesn’t embarrass her. And I have to think I’m glad we didn’t see this photo. 

7E20A509-D3AE-4EAA-8F6B-2930543DB6EB.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t know what photo she tried to post and was rejected because of nudity, but it sounds like she’s saying the Instagram thought her stomach was her ass. It amazes me what doesn’t embarrass her. And I have to think I’m glad we didn’t see this photo. 

And boy I am glad too!

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

And boy I am glad too!

Can you imagine what it was? They didn’t censor the ‘gaze out the window waiting for food with your ass hanging out’ photo so how naked must she have been. 🤦‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

But how can boobs and ass be in the same photo? It probably was her belly but boobs were involved.... Glad I didn't have to see it, my brain bleach has been  used to clean my counters.... need more bleach!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Is the little box that says, “Self Care isn’t always...” the offending picture?  It looks like it possibly could be boobs of some sort and a fat gut.

Oh I see what you are saying. I didn’t see that little box the first time. Yea that looks like rolls of fat and some boobs. Never a good sign when there are so many rolls you can’t tell which part of the body it is. Now that isn’t Whitney but I’m sure her point is that it’s fat so it’s great. Also, so many possible comments about the self care saying related to Whitney. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Can you imagine what it was? They didn’t censor the ‘gaze out the window waiting for food with your ass hanging out’ photo so how naked must she have been. 🤦‍♀️

Well,  I did notice that they prohinit pictures of an anus, and Whitney's an asshole,  so.......

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Is the little box that says, “Self Care isn’t always...” the offending picture?  It looks like it possibly could be boobs of some sort and a fat gut.

Looks like "immediately gratifying" is the rest of it.

Yes, Whitney. Self care is controlling your diet so that you can actually walk up and down a flight of stairs. Immediately gratifying is ordering and eating 3 pizzas from different shops!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

Looks like "immediately gratifying" is the rest of it.

Yes, Whitney. Self care is controlling your diet so that you can actually walk up and down a flight of stairs. Immediately gratifying is ordering and eating 3 pizzas from different shops!

She needs to learn the definition of some of these terms.....

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKeqgytjFec/

this sounds very much like she’s been told it’s over. Even Heather, who rarely comments on Whit’s IG, responded saying ‘what a ride it’s been’. 

Makes sense with them pushing Whitney's "big move" back to Greensborough   No show, no need to find a new, "exciting" filming location.  Whitney can quietly move back to her house and it won't be questioned by her fans.  I'm wondering if all of this WLS talk is really a precursor to a future Dr. Now episode. 

• Useful 5
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKeqgytjFec/

this sounds very much like she’s been told it’s over. Even Heather, who rarely comments on Whit’s IG, responded saying ‘what a ride it’s been’. 

I’ve thought this before and she keeps coming back like a bad penny.  When I actually hear the words “we’ve been cancelled,” or hear it from the network, I’ll believe it.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Don't see one either. Doubt I will be able to stay awake for the late showing...gotta watch NCIS at 7....but I love reading the snark!

Here's what  IMDB has...

Next Episode (airs 26 Jan. 2021)
Whitney Gets Her Groove Back
In an attempt to rebuild their shaky relationship, Ryan invites Whitney and her friends to Asheville for a weekend getaway. Whitney consults a doctor about moving forward with weight loss surgery.

• Love 1

Athleta? Really? I can’t believe they are letting her represent her in any way. 

Has anyone seen an Athleta catalogue recently?  Wow.  They are apparently fully on the fat acceptance, "you can be fat and healthy train", by the looks of their super obese models.

I'm not sure why a purveyor of fitness clothing would go this route.  Unless, like Whitney, the super obese find that they can't wear regular clothes comfortably so they move over into the athleisure wear side of things.  

I'm sorry that I don't find cottage cheese thighs the size of Texas crammed into leggings and forced into a temporary yoga pose to be that inspiring.  

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Kiki620 said:

Has anyone seen an Athleta catalogue recently?  Wow.  They are apparently fully on the fat acceptance, "you can be fat and healthy train", by the looks of their super obese models.

I'm not sure why a purveyor of fitness clothing would go this route.  Unless, like Whitney, the super obese find that they can't wear regular clothes comfortably so they move over into the athleisure wear side of things.  

I'm sorry that I don't find cottage cheese thighs the size of Texas crammed into leggings and forced into a temporary yoga pose to be that inspiring.  

I never knew until this morning when i was browsing through the website that they have plus sizes  going go up to 3 x. I think we can all agree that she is bigger than 3 x.

• Love 3

Episode 13  to come on Feb. 2, 2021. 

Big Fat Brawl

My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Season 8, Episode 13

During a weekend trip to Asheville, all eyes are on Ryan for possible sabotage, but no one is expecting Whitney and Buddy to lash out at each other. Then, when Whitney tests her stamina on a treacherous waterfall hike, will she push herself too hard?

Episode 14 to come on February 9, 2021

Big Fat Baby News

My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Season 8, Episode 14

Things are looking up for Whitney during an Asheville getaway, but when she discovers Ryan has been keeping devastating news from her, will she ever be able to trust him again? Whitney is shocked by a surprise call from Chase and his baby daughter.

Episode 15  is "The Skinny" end-of-season episode. It should be 2/16, but TLC hasn't actually put a date on this description yet.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Old Navy, one of the other companies umbrella'd with Athleta, has been known for their generous vanity sizing before. I think you're exactly right that they are targeting the plus size athleisure market, due to their prices being less than most brands made for actual workouts. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Big Fat Brawl

My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Season 8, Episode 13

During a weekend trip to Asheville, all eyes are on Ryan for possible sabotage, but no one is expecting Whitney and Buddy to lash out at each other. Then, when Whitney tests her stamina on a treacherous waterfall hike, will she push herself too hard?

Episode 14 to come on February 9, 2021

Big Fat Baby News

My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Season 8, Episode 14

Things are looking up for Whitney during an Asheville getaway, but when she discovers Ryan has been keeping devastating news from her, will she ever be able to trust him again? Whitney is shocked by a surprise call from Chase and his baby daughter.

Episode 15  is "The Skinny" end-of-season episode. It should be 2/16, but TLC hasn't actually put a date on this description yet.

How is it devastating that Chase’s baby mama had her baby? We know from clips thats the news Ryan didn’t tell her. What the hell did she think was going to happen? Did she miss the part in sex ed where they learn that babies actually come out of a woman at the end of a pregnancy? 

Edited to add... I wonder if The Skinny will be on Discovery+. I’ve heard they are doing these sum-up shows exclusively on the + part. Of course if this is the end of the show they probably would just keep it all on TLC and be done with it.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I have never seen an Athleta catalogue.  But after clicking on her instagram post from here yesterday, my Facebook feed is not full of advertisements from Athleta plus size clothing!

Big Fat Malarkey Brawl

My Big Fat Not So Fabulous Life: Season 8, Episode 13

During yet another a weekend trip to anywhere to distract people from the Road to the Ring storyline imploding  Asheville, all eyes are on Ryan for possible truth-telling sabotage, but everyone no one is expecting Whitney and Buddy to act out the latest storyline lash out at each other. Then, when Whitney tests her stamina on a ridiculous  treacherous waterfall hike, will a barnacle push Whitney up the waterfall she push herself too hard?

*I don’t know what the episode is really about, but most of the episodes seem they end up some version of the bolded or maybe I’m just jaded.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I never knew until this morning when i was browsing through the website that they have plus sizes  going go up to 3 x. I think we can all agree that she is bigger than 3 x.

Yup. Athleta says their  3x is the same as women's size 26. I wore a 24 (and was stress-testing the seams) at 5'6" 275.  

Edit to clarify... I'm  agreeing with you.  At 4" shorter and 50+ pounds heavier,  there's no way she wears a 3x unless she is  REALLY  stress-testing that fabric. 

Edited by Colleenna
Edit for clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Because fat people exercise too and they need appropriate clothing when they do?

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Because fat people exercise too and they need appropriate clothing when they do?

But do we need workout tights that cost $98 ? By the way,  Kate Hudson's line, Fabletics, also has larger sizes but I don't think they go up to  Whitney size.

Just now, Colleenna said:

But do we need workout tights that cost $98 ? By the way,  Kate Hudson's line, Fabletics, also has larger sizes but I don't think they go up to  Whitney size.

Well I would say that no one needs workout tights that cost $100 but what do I know? I buy my stuff at Old Navy. They carry real talls and is so much more affordable. They are comfortable and wear well. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on my workout gear which I absolutely can’t say about my regular wardrobe. I’m a ‘before’ for What Not to Wear LOL

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, puppylover said:

I think Twit misinterprets this...

image.png.be21fdca34f8ca3e655c1c206547b053.png

See, when I think of self expression, I think of wearing my hair in a certain way, or using fashion to express my personality.  I guess I’m a COL (a moniker that I think was started on the Sister Wives sub meaning Clueless Old Lady or Crabby Old Lady),  but I think expressions of a sexual nature are for private situations where you are expecting a response or interaction from who you are expressing your sexuality to.  This is not to be confused with wearing something that is a little sexy, like a stiletto heal or saying something to someone like, “my, you look fetching today.”  This gives the other party an opportunity to take it or leave it, respond or ignore.  With Whitney, tearing off your clothes and wobbling out of the room so everyone is disgusted and uncomfortable may seem like a display of sexuality and confidence to Whitney, but in fact it is really sexual harassment to others.  It goes back to what our mothers used to tell us - there is a time and a place for everything.  Me thinks that Twitney has again missed the mark in her militancy. 

• Love 11

Whitney's statement would carry more weight (pun intended - it stays) if she wasn't constantly stripping down to her socks at inappropriate times in order to try to shock people. Yes, you're fat and you're naked. No, we don't want to fuck you. We're staring because it's like a car crash - sometimes you just are too shocked to turn away.

14 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

With Whitney, tearing off your clothes and wobbling out of the room so everyone is disgusted and uncomfortable may seem like a display of sexuality and confidence to Whitney, but in fact it is really sexual harassment to others.

BINGO! If it were a man doing this in front of female coworkers, we'd be having a serious #MeToo discussion. 

And no, Whitney... no one is interested in seeing every square inch of your body. Get over yourself already.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well I would say that no one needs workout tights that cost $100 but what do I know? I buy my stuff at Old Navy. They carry real talls and is so much more affordable. They are comfortable and wear well. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on my workout gear which I absolutely can’t say about my regular wardrobe. I’m a ‘before’ for What Not to Wear LOL

*snort* I buy my workout stuff (other than  swim wear) from  Walmart and  Goodwill.  I do this because  (1) I'm old and nobody wants to look at that (2) I'm there to work out, not show off (3) I'm trying to lose weight --- why pay a lot of money for something that hopefully will be too big in a few months (4) I'm so tight with a dollar it makes  George Washington fart.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Whitney has put up a "cutesy" instagram story that, as a longtime cat lover and caretaker to cats, made my blood boil. In the middle of winter, she has dragged all three cats to the groomer and had them shaved down.  I presume it's because she can't be bothered to brush them, (and long haired cats need regular brushing) so when their fur gets matted, she hauls them off to be shaved.  Mats in their fur are no joke to cats. Their skin is paper thin, and matted fur can cause a lot of pain. Not to mention the scary experience of being locked in a carrier, held down and handled by strangers, surrounded by other cats and dogs in the waiting area (and we know this wasn't just for cats, because she mentioned Neeshi went also.)She lets them out of their carriers one by one, loudly snorting with laughter at how funny they look without their fur.  Her lack of empathy for her animals boggles my mind.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

*snort* I buy my workout stuff (other than  swim wear) from  Walmart and  Goodwill.  I do this because  (1) I'm old and nobody wants to look at that (2) I'm there to work out, not show off (3) I'm trying to lose weight --- why pay a lot of money for something that hopefully will be too big in a few months (4) I'm so tight with a dollar it makes  George Washington fart.

Walmart and Old Navy for me.  I sweat in the clothes, I don’t need to make a fashion statement....though I am sure I look cute with my beet red face, panting, and sweaty body.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Same, except I go beyond Goodwill and have started going to Goodwill outlet stores where you pay by the pound, not piece. 

One of the best things Whitney could do is push collabs with larger size clothing companies (or companies that have larger sizes) and do actual placement stuff. 

Her gravy train is grinding to a halt and she's done little to nothing to capitalize on it. She's barely monetized her "personality" (as in her name). The cruises will stop without the show. She didn't do a damn thing with BGDC, like franchise it. Her "clothing line" barely existed. When the show stops she's basically got disability and the occasional GFM to look forward to. 

• Love 3

when their fur gets matted, she hauls them off to be shaved.  Mats in their fur are no joke to cats. Their skin is paper thin, and matted fur can cause a lot of pain

It has always bugged me when she pulls the mats out. Not separating them but straight out pulling.

2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Her gravy train is grinding to a halt and she's done little to nothing to capitalize on it. She's barely monetized her "personality" (as in her name). The cruises will stop without the show. She didn't do a damn thing with BGDC, like franchise it. Her "clothing line" barely existed. When the show stops she's basically got disability and the occasional GFM to look forward to. 

This is the most unbelievable part to me. Here she's been given a golden goose and she decided to deep fry it instead of selling the eggs. She could make an eternal living capitalizing on this series, but she is too lazy and half-assed (not literally lol) to do anything properly. When was the last thing she did that you could honestly say she did competently? I can't think of anything. Her makeup? Does she even do that herself?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

. Her makeup? Does she even do that herself?

Nope. Any time one of her fans asks her about her lipstick color, or how she gets her complexion so even, or whatever, Whitney invariably responds by saying she knows nothing about her makeup - it's all done by one of the production crew.

• LOL 1
On 1/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, Gramto6 said:

Read more  

Is that supposed to be Whitney in red? It looks like the Sunmaid Raisin girl, about a third of Whit's size.
I was bored enough to search a bit on her, and see she's now back in Greensboro.
Interesting to see Instagram has rules like Facebook, which can be arbitrary.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has put up a "cutesy" instagram story that, as a longtime cat lover and caretaker to cats, made my blood boil. In the middle of winter, she has dragged all three cats to the groomer and had them shaved down.  I presume it's because she can't be bothered to brush them, (and long haired cats need regular brushing) so when their fur gets matted, she hauls them off to be shaved.  Mats in their fur are no joke to cats. Their skin is paper thin, and matted fur can cause a lot of pain. Not to mention the scary experience of being locked in a carrier, held down and handled by strangers, surrounded by other cats and dogs in the waiting area (and we know this wasn't just for cats, because she mentioned Neeshi went also.)She lets them out of their carriers one by one, loudly snorting with laughter at how funny they look without their fur.  Her lack of empathy for her animals boggles my mind.

My long haired cat gets combed daily (she hates the brush and loves the comb --- wants to play with it when we're done.) The short-haired kitty that I lost the day after Thanksgiving preferred the brush.

• Love 3