Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

That episode title seems like the equivalent of click bait. The plot will probably boil down to everyone telling her that she is beautiful just as she is.

Thank you for the perfect opportunity to use the repurposed wow-->vomit react!

• LOL 2

So Whitney had one of her famous ‘ask me anything’ series of IG story posts today. The questions were stupid so I skipped most of them but in a question about her dog she does say it’s a rescue. I know that’s come up here so I thought I’d share.  

Someone asked when she last had sex. I chose not to hear her answer to that question. Eww.

• LOL 1

I'm rewatching some of the earlier seasons. Can someone please remind me about the drama around the dance competition in S3? From what I remember, the competition itself was real but their part was not. I also seem to remember that they only showed Roy there but Manny and LauRen were really there, too. Am I remembering right?

Also...as a former competitive ballroom dancer? I think Campbell said it best with "yikes". 

• LOL 2

I also seem to remember that they only showed Roy there but Manny and LauRen were really there, too. Am I remembering right?

As I recall the reason she thought Roy was enamoured with her was because Manny and LauRen had "conflicts in their schedules" and "could not" attend. I think he drew the short straw and had to bring the flowers which were actually arranged by the station. Twit jumped to the wrong conclusion that they were from Roy and that he wanted to be there.

There have been so many faked competitions over the years that I can't speak to whether this one was real or not.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm rewatching some of the earlier seasons. Can someone please remind me about the drama around the dance competition in S3? From what I remember, the competition itself was real but their part was not. I also seem to remember that they only showed Roy there but Manny and LauRen were really there, too. Am I remembering right?

Also...as a former competitive ballroom dancer? I think Campbell said it best with "yikes". 

6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

As I recall the reason she thought Roy was enamoured with her was because Manny and LauRen had "conflicts in their schedules" and "could not" attend. I think he drew the short straw and had to bring the flowers which were actually arranged by the station. Twit jumped to the wrong conclusion that they were from Roy and that he wanted to be there.

There have been so many faked competitions over the years that I can't speak to whether this one was real or not.

Yes - also she "won" second or third in her class based on there being only 2 or 3 people in that group.  (Also known as "coming in last" in most circles 😄 )

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Just found this page today! I have * just* realized that while watching  season 8, that the show is definitely scripted, Whitney and her female friends are by far the most self absorbed, immature people I’ve ever seen. I love Todd and Buddy though. You can just tell how unauthentic the “ relationship “ was between her Chase. Now Ashley Baynes has decided to get political on Facebook  🙄 ( stick to your script please) and when I * kindly* disagreed with her, both she and Heather POUNCED! I have screen shots of the comments if anyone is ever interested. They have lost a fan.... I was already losing interest due to the constant whining, crying and blaming everyone else for my problems kind of show anyway.

• Love 2

Yes - also she "won" second or third in her class based on there being only 2 or 3 people in that group.  (Also known as "coming in last" in most circles 😄 )

LOL. Can't decide if that is better than placing second out of two in the weightlifting competition.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The ballroom competition was The North Carolina Ballroom Challenge. It was strictly for Pro-Am and Amateur Couples. As Todd and Whitney "hold themselves out in the community as professional dancers" they were not eligible to compete at this comp. It looks as if the producers hired the set-up the competition used at the hotel (minus the signs that said "North Carolina Ballroom Challenge") and either paid or just invited some of the competing couples to appear in a bogus heat.  Todd and Whitney were so completely outclassed by the others in their "heat" that the crew filming had a hard time making them look functional, let alone competitive. Even the brief glimpses of the other couples that they couldn't avoid made it obvious that Whitney and Todd were out of their league. Needless to say, they came in second.  I think they might have wanted to come in first, but the producers were afraid the disbelieving laughter from the other competitors would make them look silly. As it was, the other competitors (some of whom had probably placed highly in their actual heats) had a hard time keeping straight faced as they graciously "accepted" their lower rankings.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

The ballroom competition was The North Carolina Ballroom Challenge. It was strictly for Pro-Am and Amateur Couples. As Todd and Whitney "hold themselves out in the community as professional dancers" they were not eligible to compete at this comp. It looks as if the producers hired the set-up the competition used at the hotel (minus the signs that said "North Carolina Ballroom Challenge") and either paid or just invited some of the competing couples to appear in a bogus heat.  Todd and Whitney were so completely outclassed by the others in their "heat" that the crew filming had a hard time making them look functional, let alone competitive. Even the brief glimpses of the other couples that they couldn't avoid made it obvious that Whitney and Todd were out of their league. Needless to say, they came in second.  I think they might have wanted to come in first, but the producers were afraid the disbelieving laughter from the other competitors would make them look silly. As it was, the other competitors (some of whom had probably placed highly in their actual heats) had a hard time keeping straight faced as they graciously "accepted" their lower rankings.

Yeah, I remember most of that. I think they waited until the real competition was over and then paid them to keep everything up for a few more hours. Wonder if Babs and Glenn knew it was fake? She was on the verge of tears.

And you're right-they were completely outclassed, even for amateurs. Their frame was bad, her form was bad, they had very little showmanship, her lack of stamina was obvious, and there was nothing unique or interesting in their routines. I've seen better dancing from the first eliminated couples on DWTS. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, princelina said:

And finally - she needed Todd to put on her shoes because she couldn't do it herself!

::Best Jeff Foxworthy imitation::

If you can't  wipe your own butt, apply your own chub rub, and bend over to put on your own shoes, 

YOUR LIFE MIGHT NOT BE FABULOUS. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I seem to remember full length compression leggings under her dress. At least she’s out of those now. I’d rather see her actual legs than those scary leggings.

Not only did she wear them, but the camera guy zoomed in to show them pooled around her ankles.  

• LOL 5
On 12/23/2020 at 9:09 PM, Mommygetz said:

“Don’t be mean because it doesn’t reflect my feelings.” WTF is that supposed to even mean?? No one’s feelings are valid excepts Whitney’s....6BB62E48-EE96-4586-8F5F-640FF3FDCBD4.thumb.jpeg.e4df87b68060165e1f3a820c26e50641.jpeg

Is that really Whitney? Looks more like Mariah Brown.

• Love 1

Today on instagram stories, more Whitney Words Of Wisdom:

"I think it's important to realize that no matter how good you are to people,  it won't make them good to you."

Just kidding. She didn't say it.  She copied it from the instagram account "quotesbychristie."

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 7
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Today on instagram stories, more Whitney Words Of Wisdom:

"I think it's important to realize that no matter how good you are to people,  it won't make them good to you."

True! So many people are good to her, and she's not good to anyone.  Oh wait,  I'll bet that's NOT  what she meant.  😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Imagine if during this season, we saw Whitney actively thinking or doing anything to help other people during this whole virus situation. Maybe she could make masks and distribute them, maybe do a daily work out and encouragement video for her subscribers or the public at large or actively brainstorm a way to make her business succeed during a tough time or make a point of inquiring about and encouraging her friends during their tough times or cook and distribute no contact meals to some house bound neighbors. But no, it is all about Whitney and the fake fallout of her fake romance. And that is why this show is such a failure.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Brodicea said:

Imagine if during this season, we saw Whitney actively thinking or doing anything to help other people during this whole virus situation. Maybe she could make masks and distribute them, maybe do a daily work out and encouragement video for her subscribers or the public at large or actively brainstorm a way to make her business succeed during a tough time or make a point of inquiring about and encouraging her friends during their tough times or cook and distribute no contact meals to some house bound neighbors. But no, it is all about Whitney and the fake fallout of her fake romance. And that is why this show is such a failure.

Tsk! How quickly we forget! On March 17, 2020, Whitney posted video on her instagram saying that she was lucky to not have to worry about money during the shutdown, due to the loyalty of her fans to her "little show." In gratitude, she was going to give $20 to anyone who asked for it from her venmo account, no questions asked. (She never specified how much money was in the account.)  And she'd do this until the account ran out of money. Venmo apparently locked her account due to too many requests for payment within an hour.  While I'm not knocking the value of $20 to people in distress, I'm pretty sure she could  not have found a lazier way to distribute her largesse, nor one that she could be sure would get her the most attention from her followers.  So, yeah, more about her than anyone else.

• Love 11
On 1/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, Not Buyin It said:

Is that really Whitney? Looks more like Mariah Brown.

Even my old samsung galaxy phone has face slimming photo editing capability.  And then there's the face light halo thingy she uses for  video calls.  I prefer the brutal honestly that the cameramen zooming in on her wide ass as it struggles up stairs provide us with.   They areb truly  the unsung heroes of MBFFL.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Gee - you know what else prevents someone from getting a good night’s sleep??? Sitting around on the couch all day in between naps....

Also, sleep apnea. What happened to her sleep equipment?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

So Chase has posted some Christmas  pictures of  Aurora.  Can that baby be any more adorable? Must look like her mama. 

She is crazy adorable. It has to kill Whitney every time she sees those photos. And you know she looks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

That looks like Whitney!

I posted it to show the similarity of their "funny/crazy faces" not to slag on him for his alter ego. She seemed to be copying him which brings me to my confession that I read her book online over the holidays and two things of note which have not been discussed.

He was a very good child actor and went to Appalachian State to major in Drama. She followed him and tried to have the same major but, by her own admission she wasn't as good so...she changed to Dance. In fact she says that she felt the teachers were always measuring her against her brother.

She says that she met Buddy in high school because he was a friend of the boy she was dating and she had a crush on him back then. Imagine her delight to have him deliver her pizza. Although I think that she probably stalked him and kept ordering until he showed up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I read her book too, although not recently.  The one thing that really stood out to me that I haven’t  heard her ever talk about is that she had an Adderall addiction through high school and some of college.  All the episodes of talking about Buddy’s drug use, she never mentions her own, though she made it public knowledge through her book.   From what I understand, Adderall makes you think you are the best/smartest/most charming person in the room.  I really wonder how much of her personality was formed by drug-addled hallucinations. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Meowy said:

I read her book too, although not recently.  The one thing that really stood out to me that I haven’t  heard her ever talk about is that she had an Adderall addiction through high school and some of college.  All the episodes of talking about Buddy’s drug use, she never mentions her own, though she made it public knowledge through her book.   From what I understand, Adderall makes you think you are the best/smartest/most charming person in the room.  I really wonder how much of her personality was formed by drug-addled hallucinations. 

No wonder she thinks she is the best dancer around! Her drug-addled hallucinations linger on....

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Meowy said:

Well, that's interesting and you are 100% correct.

I was watching an episode from season 6 last night when a few episodes were basically about Buddy and his addiction and potential for relapse.

This asshole said she knew nothing about addiction and was bemoaning the fact that she couldn't do more to help Buddy.  

I distinctly remember it because I told Mini Persnickety "she can miss me with that bullshit,  her weight proves she has a food addiction!"  

I didn't realize she also had an Adderall addiction.  

Hypocritical lying asshole, that's our Whitney.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

7FC7485A-F703-4B92-BA33-032615268BC3.thumb.jpeg.f71e72e5cce62505513d914f61dcdde8.jpeg

So here is Jessica, riding Twitney, and I have no idea what they had to pay Jess to do that.  I can’t even think up a price in my head that would induce me to climb up on her . . .  What galls me is neither of them are wearing masks, they are indoors and they look pretty darn close.  So where is all the COVID concern Twit displayed when asked to work out by Ryan?  
What really gets me is that she is bragging about how many subscribers she has and you can do the math in your head.  That is how much money she yanked out from under Ryan per month, after he did all that work to grow that business.  Yes, she has a “fan” base that she brought, but he provided all the content that kept that subset in place while growing new members.  I hope he had a good lawyer and at least got a great and fair buy out from her.  I don’t dislike Jess, aside from her doing nasty things to get the TLC paycheck, but I am a little bothered by her grin, knowing that she is reaping the benefits of Ryan’s work.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

7FC7485A-F703-4B92-BA33-032615268BC3.thumb.jpeg.f71e72e5cce62505513d914f61dcdde8.jpeg

So here is Jessica, riding Twitney, and I have no idea what they had to pay Jess to do that.  I can’t even think up a price in my head that would induce me to climb up on her . . .  What galls me is neither of them are wearing masks, they are indoors and they look pretty darn close.  So where is all the COVID concern Twit displayed when asked to work out by Ryan?  
What really gets me is that she is bragging about how many subscribers she has and you can do the math in your head.  That is how much money she yanked out from under Ryan per month, after he did all that work to grow that business.  Yes, she has a “fan” base that she brought, but he provided all the content that kept that subset in place while growing new members.  I hope he had a good lawyer and at least got a great and fair buy out from her.  I don’t dislike Jess, aside from her doing nasty things to get the TLC paycheck, but I am a little bothered by her grin, knowing that she is reaping the benefits of Ryan’s work.

It will be interesting to see how long it will last. They gave away a bunch of ‘one month’ memberships and had promotion for 75% off for a while. And of course it’s January when all kinds of people sign up for stuff. When these people start having to pay it will be interesting to see if they still do. 

Meanwhile Ryan has created another program. I don’t know anything about it or how much it costs but he has over 1,000 people already signed up for his. I suspect his will long outlast Whitney/Jessica if for no other reason than he actually does work and Whit doesn’t. I don’t get the feeling that Jessica is dedicated enough to make up for Whitney’s laziness nor does she have a track record of telling Whitney to buckle down and apply herself. 

• Love 13
On 1/17/2021 at 9:09 PM, 3girlsforus said:

It will be interesting to see how long it will last. They gave away a bunch of ‘one month’ memberships and had promotion for 75% off for a while. And of course it’s January when all kinds of people sign up for stuff. When these people start having to pay it will be interesting to see if they still do. 

Meanwhile Ryan has created another program. I don’t know anything about it or how much it costs but he has over 1,000 people already signed up for his. I suspect his will long outlast Whitney/Jessica if for no other reason than he actually does work and Whit doesn’t. I don’t get the feeling that Jessica is dedicated enough to make up for Whitney’s laziness nor does she have a track record of telling Whitney to buckle down and apply herself. 

It might not be fair to judge based on just the nobsactive Instagram posts to-date, of which there are few in the post-Ryan period, but it doesn't appear either Jessica or Whit are doing much to shill it on that account.  I don't see Twit mention it much on her account.  I don't look at Jessica's account - does she post about it?

14 hours ago, Cache said:

It might not be fair to judge based on just the nobsactive Instagram posts to-date, of which there are few in the post-Ryan period, but it doesn't appear either Jessica or Whit are doing much to shill it on that account.  I don't see Twit mention it much on her account.  I don't look at Jessica's account - does she post about it?

Just like BGDC she will let it dwindle away to nothing due to sheer laziness. Much like another poster said, I think Ryan’s business will stand the test of time. If they do a reunion show years from now Ryan will have a successful business and Whit will be bed ridden and still using fake injuries as an excuse. Her so called friends will be long gone.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, puppylover said:

Y'all gotta check our her IG story now. She's replying to "assumptions about me". Hilarious.

She loves to answer those sex questions doesn’t she? One of these days someone needs to tell her about the expression ‘Methinks she does protest too much’.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2021 at 9:11 PM, Elizzikra said:

I can't fault her there. I love ranch.

Same. When I lived in Wales my mom would send me care packages of Ranch, Pop Tarts, Ale-8 (it's a local thing), and Jif peanut butter. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Anybody send this to Whitney yet?  https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/health/fat-but-fit-study-scli-intl-wellness/index.html 

"Exercise does not seem to compensate for the negative effects of excess weight," Lucia said. "This finding was also observed overall in both men and women when they were analysed separately."

Lucia underlined that it is "equally important" to fight obesity and inactivity.

"Weight loss should remain a primary target for health policies together with promoting active lifestyles," he said.

Edited by qtpi17
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Athleta? Really? I can’t believe they are letting her represent her in any way. 

I can't believe she is claiming to be a size 2/3x.  I could be wrong, but I would think her clothing size would be a good bit larger than that.

• Love 4