Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Something They Need

halgia
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, JackONeill said:

In some way, I can live with what Rick did. First of all, he was at rock bottom. He had seen the worst of the worse. So, now if he sees a pile of guns, he's going to take them because if he leaves one behind, that might be the very gun that would have saved Carl's (or someone else's) life. Not logical in the light of day, but given what Rick has seen, I think it's plausible.

And don't forget: the beach women had every intention of killing Tara (and not just because of her acting). It's just that Tara got away (with help).

Also, as they were leaving, Rick asked Tara if she were okay. He knew his actions were extreme. That's very unlike Negan. I didn't see Negan turn to Simon as he was pounding Abraham into chipped liver and ask, "Am I going too far? Is this over-kill? Are the psychologists standing by to talk to the survivors?" To me, that's a big difference.

But yes, I would have preferred if Rick had left a few old rifles and revolvers behind. But, frankly, if I were in his shoes, knowing what I know about Negan, I'm not sure if I would have.

I'm struggling a bit with the decision.  They did ask the people to fight with them against their common enemy; they did at least do that.  And they promised to bring the guns back.  But I do with they'd seen their way to leave a few.  Those women are defenseless now.

Few people take into account what all has happened to the group when they start ragging on them about their stupid decisions.  I try to avoid that.  Even though it's just a show, I try to remember what all the people have gone through in the last eighteen months or so.  It's a wonder they aren't all mad, like Ezekiel said.  And those constant horrors do color the choices people make.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Call me crazy but I liked it, and am fine with the season as a whole (I just want the story they want to tell me). But I also don't mind Negan, and I love the tiger and Carl (I'm also someone who just attempted to neatly eat an avocado at my desk so, maybe never trust anything I say or do). But even with such a tolerance, I absolutely hate the junkyard people and am dreading their return. 

This.  Everything you said, except the avocado part.  I have nothing against avocados; I've just never tried to eat one at  desk. :)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Dobian said:

The head cat trainer would sometimes walk this male tiger around  the park on a big chain leash, just like Ezekiel in the show.  Of course, any control he had over it was just an illusion. 

Yeah, just ask Roy Horn of "Seigfried and Roy" how much control anyone has over a big cat. People who think they do are destined to find out differently. Some cats may be "trained"(as long as they are inclined to do what is requested of them) but none are ever tame. Even our little housecats aren't truly domesticated. So yeah - if I lived in the Kingdom, I'd keep a large distance between myself and Shiva. Who knows when she's going to have a lethal fit of annoyance?

4 minutes ago, smorbie said:

Even though it's just a show, I try to remember what all the people have gone through in the last eighteen months or so.  It's a wonder they aren't all mad,

I've remarked on that before. Everyone has to have some degree of PTSD or other mental disturbance. I've tried to imagine being whisked from my cushy little life into this savage kill or be killed world, and I know I've have lost it a long time ago. They're all nuts, to some degree.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, EllenC said:

Yeah, that really struck me last night since we were back to Oceanside. Has that ever really come up? Of course, the fact that Abraham and Glenn got bashed to bits in front of them hasn't come up nearly as much as I'd expect, so (especially early on). Along with so many other important pieces of info. This season feels incoherent/dragged out to the point I can't remember what HAS been said half the time. (Daryl "oh, yeah, I forgot, this dude might be plotting in a way that endangers Carol" Dixon, I'm looking at you. And yes, I do realize Carol can take care of herself. It's just the general idea that shenanigans were afoot.) Maybe it's just me. 

But remember the way Abe used to say things like "Who's Deanna?" I think we need a character who regularly says, "Hey, by the way, where's Heath/Sasha/Eugene/Rosita/Daryl/Carl/Judith," etc. Keep up with your #*@& group or why should WE care? I nominate Father Gabriel for this job. They actually went out and found him, after all.

I don't think Dwight is a Negan spy. I think this is the most telegraphed semi-redemption arc since the telegraph was invented.  Eugene -- in that case, I'm actually not sure where that one is going so kudos I guess.

To the poster who mentioned Aaron and Jesus opening a bed and breakfast together, I think that would be awesome, only because those seem like 2 characters who are actually interesting and need something to do. 

Eugue is a bit of a cypher.  I would love to think he's playing the long game.  But, the truth is, he might as well go along.  It's not like they are going to let him go home.  As far as he knows, this is his new world; he might as well live in it.

I don't resent him or dislike him for his choice.  These people have so few real choices anymore.

3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I fear more for the tiger than Carol or Tara or most of the cast. I will hate when--cuz it's probably going to happen--someone kills it. I know it's not even a real tiger too, but I don't care. It'll gut me.

I hate Negan more than any other villain this show has ever had, or maybe any other show. So much hate. I weirdly like the weird junkyard gang. I think they're just a bunch of theatre kids who found each other. I appreciate their theatricality. Might as well have fun when the world has gone to shit. But I too would prefer to live at Oceanside. No men is a drag, but the beach? I'll take the beach.

I gave you a like for the tiger, not the heapsters part.  I hate, hate, hate them.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Diane M said:

In Ep. 12, didn't Rick and Michone discover a big stash of guns at that school?  If so, what happened to them?  

They took them to the heapsters.  There were 62 (I think) of them and the heapsters grunted that wasn't enough, so the group only got to keep 20, promising to bring more, more, more guns (or whatever dumb thing Jadis or Jardis or whatever said).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Also, what the heck have they been feeding it.  Tigers are carnivores.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Walkers?

3 hours ago, JyDanzig said:

Pixels.  This tiger is just being fed pixels.

Whatever they are feeding the Tiger, if they run out of it, or stop, the Tiger will eat them.  At this point, I'm on Team Tiger eating everyone.  Several years ago, there were two idiots who broke into a Zoo in California one night, broke into the Tiger's area (for what reason they never said), were attacked by said Tiger, and then tried to sue the Zoo.  I think anyone that stupid deserves to be eaten by a Tiger.

Heath needs to bring Kong back to the ZA, and have Kong, as someone suggested in the live thread, drop a house on Negan.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

I really had a problem with the use of explosives last night. They acquired those things at great risk in order to deal with Negan and now they've probably used up the whole stash at Oceanside. A questionable use of resources. Of course the walkers would be attracted to the noise, but I was more worried that Negan's group would hear or see the smoke and fully expose the Oceansiders.  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

They acquired those things at great risk in order to deal with Negan and now they've probably used up the whole stash at Oceanside. A questionable use of resources.

As were all the many rounds of ammunition they used on the walkers. Even in Season2, Rick insisted on killing the prison walkers by hand, so as not to use ammo they might need later. Guess he changed his mind and decided it was a good idea to gun down all the slow, decayed zombies they could have dispatched with knives or any weapon at all.

• Love 7

Rick even said that to Gareth before killing him and his people. He doesn't like to waste bullets and you seen Rick & Co. eliminate Terminus without using a single bullet. Where is that Rick? That's the Rick Negan said he would be afraid of.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, smorbie said:

the heapsters

I don't know if you were the one to come up with that name but it's brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Dobian said:

I worked at a wild animal park in college.  The head cat trainer would sometimes walk this male tiger around  the park on a big chain leash, just like Ezekiel in the show.  Of course, any control he had over it was just an illusion.  One day they walked in front of the stroller rental/candy and film shop I ran.  The tiger decided it was hungry for some M&Ms or something so he lunged up onto the candy trays on the counter right in front of me, his paws hanging over the counter less than a foot away from me while it rooted through the goodies.  The trainer yanked on his chain a couple of times and the tiger got back down like, "whatever".  But yes, I had 400 pounds of man-eater in my face, and was too stunned to even realize how much danger I was in until much later.

That sounds terrifying. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Recalling that scene where two little blond girls are pointing guns at a woman's head - shocking, brutal and truly disturbing without heaps of CGI gore - makes me terribly nostalgic for the days when this show had so much more going for it.

Bah!! Snorting coffee here, because it's so true and so damned funny.

Speaking of funny, did I hear Gregory call Rick "Ricky" last week?

And speaking of Gregory, how groaningly obvious was it when Maggie had to struggle and wrestle with one super-decayed walker - as she's never done before -  long enough to give us time to watch Gregory being so helpless and scared shitless by one of them?

That moment when Lizzie shot her was fucking awesome.  Great stuff.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Boofish said:

Agreed on all points. If they had never introduced the Guardians of the Garbage I would have little if no complaints.

Fixed that for you.

• Love 2

Tara had two exposition scenes and they were both horrible!  I don't understand how she has gotten a stand alone episode and some major scenes when other characters seem to be nothing more than background extras in the episodes.

I think the explosions were meant to make us think that there was action in this episode.   It was startling to watch the scene when Daryl was riding a motorcycle next to the RV, because the wind blew his hair back and I could actually see his face for the first time since season two.

Maggie seems entitled and that the Hilltoppers need her wisdom and guidance.  I agree with others that it seems silly as the Hilltoppers were growing food and raising livestock when we first saw them.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Maggie seems entitled and that the Hilltoppers need her wisdom and guidance.

Yes, they're all so dopey and helpless they needed Maggie to tell them how to dig up a blueberry bush (ONE bush) since they never could have figured that out themselves. Aside from that, we've spent gobs of time listening to Rick's nonsensical bargaining with the monosyllabic TrashHeapDiva, listened to Tara's horrible acting and Negan's interminable speeches, but not once have we heard Maggie say a word or show a reaction of any kind relating to Glenn's brutal death. I know the teenaged writers of this show don't "do" mature feelings or emotions, but still!

18 minutes ago, nitrofishblue said:

Animals don't seem to have a long life span in TWD.

Well, they seem fine until CDB spots them. Then their life spans are reduced to mere minutes.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't know if you were the one to come up with that name but it's brilliant. 

That sounds terrifying. 

No, that's what the cast calls the group according to the much-hated Jadish or whatever he name is.  They were discussing them on the Talking Dead a few weeks ago.

So, I guess we'll get to see some type of battle next week?  If it's going to be a longer season finale, I certainly hope so.  And I don't know, if they are going to leave us with a big cliff hanger like last year, but I hope not.  I am hoping, unrealistically, I know, that this season will bring the end to Negan and the Saviors, and next season will be able to move on to something else.  So unbelievably disappointed in this season, I'm not sure what they can do to redeem it. 

But, if it's another cliffhanger, I don't know that they can get me to come back again.  I did it for this past season and I don't usually mind them too much, but the first episode of this season was brutal.   Then the rest of the season was brutal, in a different way. 

• Love 1

WTH, show?  This was a deeply uncomfortable watch.  I'm feeling like you want me to draw a parallel between Rick and Negan but I don't think the parallel I've got is the one you want me to make.  Because Rick in the end is ALWAYS RIGHT even when by any sane metric he's clearly not and Negan is supposed to be the biggest baddest big bad to ever big bad and did we mention how he's EVIL?  But instead of seeing how thin the line that separates the two really is and that Rick is still somehow coming up on the right side of it, I'm seeing two men who both clearly believe they get to be the arbitrators of what the rules are in bending the world to their will and both manage to justify the things they do because "hey, at least I don't ...."  

That's why Negan can give one of his backbending soliloquies on how he doesn't allow rape but is just fine with coercing women who clearly aren't really all that hot for the too small Fonzie jacket.  And lock people in concrete pens as if it's just a job application and expect them to accept.  It's why Rick can waste precious explosives he might need for his upcoming war on an already traumatized group of survivors and have them on their knees but it's okay because he insists he doesn't want to kill anyone and hey, we'll give them back when we're through.  And he's happy to take any red shirts who are willing to go along for the fight, never once seeing the coercive nature of what he's doing either.

I was never the hugest Glenn fan but this episode when not one person among the "heroes" of this story objected to outright theft made me really miss him.   Apparently this is who they are if you're not there to remind them, Glenn.

The rest has pretty much all been said.  Tara and the Waterworld meets Pirates of the Caribbean crew continue to be terrible.  Maggie's accent continues to be terrible as she teaches people we were introduced to as farmers how to farm.  The show continues to hold the view that if you've been an effective manager of those farmers when no one else wanted to be but aren't a rock star walker killer, you must be too weaselly and worthless to do anything but plot to stab everyone in the back.

• Love 10

A couple seasons ago when Rick & Co were locked up at Terminus, they managed to make weapons out of whatever they could find in an empty boxcar in about 20 minutes.  Sasha can't even go through that guy's pockets?  Was he wearing a belt?  Have a pair of sunglasses?

It's just out and out bad writing and failure of the imagination.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, shanndee said:

Yes...but it was theirs. They had already lost all of their men...they had precious little left to survive on, and what they had belonged to them. They had experienced nothing but the worst from strangers, so they protected what was theirs with lethal force. And look! The one person they let live turned them over to a pirate who left them defenceless against the next lot of strangers (and hand to hand combat with an edged weapon does not always work in your favour).

So...I still have a HUGE problem with this. I fully get that TPTB are trying to say "what if you were always with a group X who did things a certain way...wouldn't everyone else seem as bad as the Saviours when they overthrew you". But I have to go with what someone said in the live thread...remember Glenn's impassioned "This is NOT who We ARE".

At the moment, unfortunately it seems like he was wrong.

To be fair, they didn't "let" Tara live; they took her into the woods to execute her, and she escaped.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, shanndee said:

O...kay? Well, at least this one made me feel something. It made me feel angry...really angry. It made me hate Rick and his holier than thou decision making. As long as my people are ok, to hell with everyone else. Yes, lets roll over a group of women and children and present them with a no win scenario. That is fine, as long as "my people" get what they "need". Rick may not be Negan yet, but he most definitely is the Governor.

Tara, you suck.

CDB brings their reign of destruction on yet another group who were surviving ok before they showed up. Goody.

What does CDB stand for?

1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

A couple seasons ago when Rick & Co were locked up at Terminus, they managed to make weapons out of whatever they could find in an empty boxcar in about 20 minutes.  Sasha can't even go through that guy's pockets?  Was he wearing a belt?  Have a pair of sunglasses?

The Golden Years. 

• Love 4

Maybe I'm morally bankrupt from watching Vikings and Black Sails, but I wasn't really bothered by Rick's group taking the Oceanside guns.  Hey, they said they would bring them back!  I thought that comment was kind of funny, actually.

I see Tara being on board with the whole war thing and saying, "I know where there a lot of guns, but the community is hidden and they shoot on sight.  Let me go in to distract and then you guys sneak attack but don't kill anyone."   A sit down isn't going to work and Rick's group is desperate and doesn't want to waste time.  They need a crapload of guns so they're going to take them.   The days are over when Rick would leave a couple of guns behind, like he did with the Vatos.   If the question to Rick is who's going to die, someone from my group or yours, well, he's going to choose yours.  

Eugene is doing the same thing in his own way - choosing his life first, unless he helps Sasha escape or something.  I would be shocked if that happened, I think Sasha is doomed.  I liked their scene together.

I think Dwight is legit turning against Negan but we already have too many characters in Rick's group and they're spread out so nooooooo.

This season has been pretty uneven. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, alrightythen said:

I wanted to hear Sasha go off on Eugene for his betrayal.  Abraham did protect his ass, after all.   And all these genius things he's doing for Negan he could've been doing in Alexandria, instead of cowering and whining all the time.  Guess it took the intimidation of a douche with a baseball bat to eek any value out of him.

Well it would be pretty stupid of her to go off on Eugene since he is the only one there that gives a shit about her and she wanted to get his help 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, meep.meep said:

She probably did and found nothing. They didn't need a scene showing that. She probably figured she could get something far more useful by fake crying to Eugene. There are plenty of examples of bad writing in this episode. That is just nit picking

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Rick even said that to Gareth before killing him and his people. He doesn't like to waste bullets and you seen Rick & Co. eliminate Terminus without using a single bullet. Where is that Rick? That's the Rick Negan said he would be afraid of.

We saw that Rick go against Negan last season. He did pretty good too. Killed like 20 of Negans guys. "That Rick" didn't do so well after that though. "That Rick" was cocky and full of himself and would have gotten himself, his family, and all of his friends killed if Negan didn't want them to provide for them. "That Rick" got Glenn and Abe's heads bashed in. If cocky Terminus Rick was still around CDB would all get their asses kicked quickly. "That Rick" also had Carol saving his ass

• Love 1
21 hours ago, millennium said:

I wonder how this episode would have played if I cared.

Anyway, I'm not buying into Tyson's Dwight's redemption.   Negan boasted to Sasha that "a little birdy" told him Rick is up to no good and something would have to be done about that.   Seems plausible that he might order Dwight to mosey over to Alexandria, pretend to be a traitor, and lead CDB into a setup. 

As some others have already said, I'm pretty sure Greggy Weggy is the dirty birdy.

16 hours ago, qtpye said:

I told my husband that I think he could pretty easily beat up Negan

Hell, I'm pretty sure a high school honor student could beat up Negan.  Negan's contortion gymnastics remind me of Joey Ramone shortly before his skeleton started collapsing in on itself.

12 hours ago, diebartdie said:

Now granted, Rick holds a lifetime pass to the crazy train and is usually its conductor. 

Well, Rick does have a lot of experience punching other people's tickets for them....

11 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

It's about time the show broached the subject of rape. It was weird having all the CDB women gung ho about going after Negan, in contrast to Rick,  with nary a fear about such tactics. It wasn't even put out there as a risk that they would have been willing to take.

Er - had you forgotten about Maggie and the Governor?

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I guess it's only after he took it away that she thought about killing him even though her mission was to go there and kill him (??) so has this loud argument and begging session through the door imploring Eugene to bring another knife, a razor or a piece of glass right after she had an enormous, serrated blade right in her hand only inches from Negan's throat? I think I got that right. Writers, what are you trying to do to us?

5 hours ago, meep.meep said:

And she thought he'd let her keep that big ass knife? Okay, maybe I'm just batshit crazy, but if she thought that she had to kill him stealthily later rather than lunge with the knife right then, she could've made a weapon while she had the knife. Sure it would've been gross, but she had a body - with bones. She could've maybe cut one out, sharpened it and hid it somewhere on her person in her clothes. She could've stabbed up the body somehow and said that she had to fight off the zombie or something. I doubt anyone would've checked for missing bones. Or maybe it would've been too obvious or too difficult? I don't know. With that big ass knife, I think she could've cut out a bone though.

Just no planning ahead at all there.

1 hour ago, J----av said:

She probably did and found nothing. They didn't need a scene showing that. She probably figured she could get something far more useful by fake crying to Eugene. There are plenty of examples of bad writing in this episode. That is just nit picking

As I said above, she could've made one before, when she still had the knife.

Better than trying to trick softy Eugene - who of course believed her "I want to kill myself" act - into getting her a weapon after the fact. Like he's not going to be freaked out about being caught bringing her a weapon after he admitted all of that stuff to her earlier about not wanting to have the fear of being bludgeoned by Negan.

And did someone above say that there's a lamp in her cell? I don't think there is, but if so, that could be turned into a weapon. I'm trying to remember what Eugene gave her besides a pillow.

I'm not necessarily nitpicking on bad writing here - maybe more lack of imagination? Or maybe Sasha is just a really poor planner. It doesn't really make me feel for her character though, since she should've thought ahead rather than rely on putting Eugene in danger, because she messed up.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Especially the wash.rinse.repeat crap he did again. Trying to attack Dwight in the cell. How laughable was that? It was like watching an SNL sketch. Cookie Lyon should teach dumbass Daryl how to charge at people and make it look real and not laughable. Daryl grunting and groaning like he always does. I'm trying to find out what some people see in him to start the "If Daryl dies we riot"? Only time Daryl was interesting was when he was looking for Sophia after that he became blah because Merle made Daryl interesting.

Now that I'm really thinking about it, writers killed off some really good interesting characters and we're pretty much getting duds right now with these new characters. Only interesting new character we had this season is Cyndie & Simon.

Oh and look, season is about over and still haven't explained Heath's disappearance. Is anyone gonna give a damn at this point when we finally see Heath?

Heath is going to find Girl island, right after the next zombie tide kills everyone. The last Oceansider to lose consciousness will tell him about the man named Rick Grimes, who blew up half their island, stole all their guns, and attracted more zombies than they even knew existed. Heath will think, shrug, and say, "Yeah, that sounds like him."

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Or maybe he was referring to a much more recent conversation with Gregory who, after showing his uselessness in front of Maggie, ordered one of his minions to drive him somewhere.

I assumed Maggie and Gregory's scenes were happening at the same time as Rick's group's, but that's mostly because we didn't see Enid and Jesus at Hilltop during those scenes. I'm still leaning toward Negan reading between the lines of Simon and Gregory's last conversation, but it could very well be what you said as well.

As an aside, I have to say I was relieved (and a little amused) by Sasha's response to Negan's fishing expedition. It was a clever way of deflecting. Both she and Rosita, blinded by their own desire for revenge, wanted to "get the job done" right now and were clearly frustrated by the delays, even once Rick was on board with fighting back. Tapping into that frustration made her response more convincing, given that she does know Rick is up to something.

Edited by Sighed I
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, raven said:

Maybe I'm morally bankrupt from watching Vikings and Black Sails, but I wasn't really bothered by Rick's group taking the Oceanside guns.  Hey, they said they would bring them back!  I thought that comment was kind of funny, actually.

I see Tara being on board with the whole war thing and saying, "I know where there a lot of guns, but the community is hidden and they shoot on sight.  Let me go in to distract and then you guys sneak attack but don't kill anyone."   A sit down isn't going to work and Rick's group is desperate and doesn't want to waste time.  They need a crapload of guns so they're going to take them.   The days are over when Rick would leave a couple of guns behind, like he did with the Vatos.   If the question to Rick is who's going to die, someone from my group or yours, well, he's going to choose yours.  

Eugene is doing the same thing in his own way - choosing his life first, unless he helps Sasha escape or something.  I would be shocked if that happened, I think Sasha is doomed.  I liked their scene together.

I think Dwight is legit turning against Negan but we already have too many characters in Rick's group and they're spread out so nooooooo.

This season has been pretty uneven. 

RE: taking the guns, you, along with others, have made good points. For me it isn't so much that they took the guns as it was the way they did it. Someone upthread suggested Tara approaching Cindy (can't remember the funky spelling they're using for this character) first, and I agree doing it that way might have mitigated the need to waste explosives and bullets. If it didn't, then go to Plan B.

I guess it bugs me that they gave those stupid trash dwellers the benefit of the doubt when nothing indicates they are the least bit trustworthy (I'll be surprised if they don't screw our group over once they have Guns. Lots.), yet it didn't occur to them to try contacting the one person at Oceanside Tara knew was trustworthy. I understand Rick didn't want to waste time, but he did indicate he was willing to take the time to talk. I just think coming in and pointing a gun at the leader's head right at the onset isn't particularly conducive to persuading them to join the cause. Yes, they had to have their guns, but they need soldiers too. If Jerry or Shiva dies because now there aren't enough Red Shirts to fill the writers' body count quota I am going to be...grrrr. You better not do it Gimple, you bastard!

As to Sasha and Eugene's scenes, I liked them quite a bit myself. Both actors have done a fine job throughout their tenure on the show, even when the writing hasn't done their characters justice.

Edited by Sighed I
  • Love 7

I must be the only one, but I don't have any problem with Maggies accent. Since I don't know what your accents really sound like, I just buy whatever they're selling. It's the hair that bothers me.. Poking in the eyes and stuff.

Negan has skinny arms. Maybe thats why he usually keeps that leatherjacket on. 

That Aaron's boyfriend is such a red shirt. But as it's been said, they have Jesus to fill up the boyfriend role. Orrrr, my prediction is that Aaron dies and the boyfriend kills himself. JUST GET ROSITA OUT I still hate her.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, millennium said:

How did Tara get to be anybody on this show?   The actress is devoid of personality and the character is not especially likable.

She got her start in a stand-alone episode that featured the Governor. By the time that episode came along, everyone was so sick of the Governor that I think everyone flocked to Tara (and her friend -- now dead) simply because she WASN'T the Governor. Then, after the Gov, she was paired with Glenn, everyone's darling, for a few episodes. So -- it was being in the right place at the right time.

• Love 3

I honestly didn't mind Tara as a B character.  She brought a bit of needed levity and she wasn't a superhero like so many of these people are supposed to be. She consistently tried her best anyway.  That was relatable.   But the actress simply doesn't have the acting chops or presence for more than that and it's painful when the show keeps trying to make it happen.  She's like Beth 2.0 in that without the crazy shipping.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

And did someone above say that there's a lamp in her cell? I don't think there is, but if so, that could be turned into a weapon. I'm trying to remember what Eugene gave her besides a pillow.

lamp.JPG

• Love 2

I get that Rick and Company are in a hurry, but if they had stayed at Oceanside for a few minutes longer, they probably would have joined them. They seemed into it when they stopped listening to Grandma, why not spend a few more seconds to convince them to come, instead of leaving them defenseless.

I certainly trust them more than the Garbage Pail Kids. Even if they are a little too murder happy for my liking (even for the ZA).

• Love 7
9 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

The last Oceansider to lose consciousness will tell him about the man named Rick Grimes, who blew up half their island, stole all their guns, and attracted more zombies than they even knew existed. Heath will think, shrug, and say, "Yeah, that sounds like him."

*Laughs self sick* Yep, that's pretty much our Ricky!

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

I honestly didn't mind Tara as a B character.  She brought a bit of needed levity and she wasn't a superhero like so many of these people are supposed to be. She consistently tried her best anyway.  That was relatable.

Exactly and the reason I also liked Denise. It's nice to see some "regular" people - women who aren't fearless, badass, Lara Croft clones. But show, keep people where they do their best work. Tara, being given a few lines here and there was fine. Putting her in the spotlight is unfair to her and especially to us. Her acting, even when she was doing something so mundane as talking to Judith, is simply awful awful and awful.

7 hours ago, Sighed I said:

Tara approaching Cindy (can't remember the funky spelling they're using for this character)

Probably "Cyndie" or "Cyndee". Millennials were all given ridiculous names and/or spellings to traditional names, i.e. "Tyfanee" and "Desarae".

• Love 5

I watched this last night, even though I was tired. I figured they would save the big stuff for the finale.

ManBun was cute, and that was a real waste of bullets and ammunition. I also noticed Jesus standing there, looking like he'd just been to the salon, and thought that Daryl could get some help from him. 

I love that Sasha was still plotting, and was trying to con Eugene with her talk of suicide. Shame that he actually had suicide pills, instead of a weapon. 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Finally, I have no idea how many people are working with/for Nagen.  How in the world can Rick or anyone else in his alliance have any idea if they have enough people to take on Nagen?

Well CDB have LOADS of dynamite...oh wait.....

• Love 7
4 hours ago, diebartdie said:

lamp.JPG

Thank you, @diebartdie.

And there's got to be a way to turn that into a weapon. Sure it would take some thought to make it subtle, but it could be done couldn't it? I mean, I'm not even good at this kind of thing, but couldn't that metal handle - and it looks metal to me - be straightened out somehow and jabbed right into Negan's eye? Or the jugular maybe? Going less subtle, the glass or plastic outside cover could be broken into a blade, those bulbs inside could be used somehow, or depending on how heavy it is, just smack him over the head with it.

Yeah, never mind my earlier "cut bones out of the body to make a shiv" idea - that was messy - but a metal lamp, that's a resource for a weapon right there. Better than "a piece of glass" which was one of the things Sasha asked Eugene for. And heh, she's looking at the pills right there in the lamp light - see the lamp there, Sasha? That could be a weapon. *Facepalm* (That is worthy of a facepalm, isn't it?)

And the writers could have had Eugene suggest that, being that he's supposed to have a brain that works like that and he knows that the lamp is in there... Well, except that his pills are more humane, so I can see why he would give her those instead, being that he believed her suicide story. But Sasha doesn't have that excuse, being that it's right there and she knows she wants a weapon. Well, I might be a meanie, but I feel less sorry for Sasha now, since her lack of planning got her into this, and at this point in the Zombie Apocalypse she should be more resourceful, in my opinion.

I'm starting to see a writer fail here - or a set / crew person fail, due to the lamp being there - unless I'm missing something.

• Love 3