Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Aloha and Goodbye

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

That's Phaedra's M.O. from the first time she appeared on this show. She's done nothing but lie through her teeth.

Phaedra may be a minister's daughter, but she's showing her ass more like the stereotypical preacher's kids who are wild and do anything for a kick.

The first commandment says to put no other god before the one true God. Would Phaedra ever dream of giving away all her money and possessions to give them to the poor? Of course not. She hasn't a clue about being a Christian. She ain't getting into Heaven, that's for sure.

Most seem to forget this is a human with human emotions and feelings.  No one on earth is a pure Christian or they would  be in heaven with Jesus. My opinion.  So all humans have their bad side and their good side.  No matter how they try.  What was witnessed last night was a human being human.  Yes she forgave Kenya a while ago and prayed with her but this divorce is still raw still going on being contested and being a very nasty divorce at that.  So to have the woman who flirted with her husband throwing a divorce party in her honor hit a nerve that was still raw and bleeding at this point.

• Love 8

I can't with Phaedra's holier-than-thou nonsense. Just say you're still hurting about your divorce and the party is not for you. Why does everything have to be a big production with her? 

I know! Her church lady act is so annoying. I would've respected her if she worded it that way. But clutching her pearls about "disrespecting the sanctity of marriage"? Bitch, please! Phaedra is the type of 'Christian' that'll have you running away from church. But, we should've all known that she'd be extra. We've watched her do the most for years. Lying about her due date, the 'boughetto' baby shower, and Aidan's 12 cakes for his birthday. She wouldn't be Phaedra if she wasn't on level 10 always. 

• Love 10

Phaedra's tennis outfit was almost as bad as that black string dress at dinner.

Something was up with that whole Phaedra striking out at Kenya, I like the theories that she knew this was the time for everyone to swoop down and accuse her of spreading the Kandi lesbian story.  She knew something was going to go down in that party so she re-directed. 

In Kenya's convo with Phaedra, I think she meant "crucify" instead of "deify". She said something like "Don't deify me!" lol

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Wait...isn't Apollo engaged to another woman?  I'm so confused.  This is more like Young and the Restless instead of people's real lives.  

Yup...I'm right there with you, Maharincess - I'm totally confused!!  Wasn't there a scene with Phaedra and her attorney, and the attorney said "the divorce is final"?  I think I just watched a rerun of that episode.  There was something about Apollo not knowing and not having received the final papers, but I thought for sure that was what the attorney said.  

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

She ain't getting into Heaven, that's for sure.

What?

Why?

I'm rusty on religion but....

She's lied a couple times.  So?  She's relatively a decent human being otherwise.  She's raising decent boys who will treat women well.  She's not murdered anyone.  She's not physically endangered anyone's life or threatened anyone with violence.

I mean...really?  

I also see Phaedra's side of the argument.  Did she go to the extreme with it?  Absolutely.  She was rebuilding a friendship with Kenya.  Kenya has shown not to have a single clue what boundaries are.  So politely pull her to the side, explain the party is not something you want to participate in and then leave with the "I'm not feeling well" story in tact.  I do understand, however, why Phaedra was upset with the scenario.  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

I guess I am the only one who sees Phaedra's side of this argument.  People react to the same stimuli in different ways.  For Cynthia, she was pretty much done with Peter and she was not that invested in her marriage as she thought so when she was "surprised" with the Divorce party, it was just another get together to her even though she felt it was not in very good taste.  However, she did not know Peter as long as Phaedra knew Apollo and Peter was there with her as her plus one so she had no reason to feel uncomfortable with the party,

Then there's Phaedra.  Fresh off finding out her divorce was final and that Apollo was not amused and having to deal with her kids, her feelings were still raw.  Unlike Cynthia, she lived for her marriage and her image (typical southern belle thinking) and have known and been with Apollo since her high school days.  This was a divorce she really didn't want to see happen and seeing the party being thrown by the very person who was actively flirting with her husband and had inserted herself in their marriage was way too much.  It brought up all the bad things that caused their feud in the first place. Having Kenya of all people throw this party was a big slap in the face.

However, I felt Porsha should not have divulged the text to the ladies. It should have been something kept between her and Phaedra.  After all, Phaedra did not cause a scene at the party, she simply excused herself.

Being that Kenya has never been married, she really has no possible idea how much it hurts the people involved or how deeply.  To her credit, she was trying to be friendly but the "divorce" part of the party should have just been a quiet thought and not so advertised.  After all, this is right after Kandi accused Phaedra of dating/talking to another man before Apollo left for jail. 

there were just too many raw emotions out there and the party was really a bad idea for both Cynthia and Phaedra.

The party was in bad taste at any level, what is wrong with just having a moving onward party?  Everyone of the ladies except Kandi was transitioning through a relationship.  And why oh why if they want to play party games  do a "Kiss the Prince or a Frog", instead of a penis picture?  Kenya needs to up her game if she is going to throw a party-it wasn't shocking, it was just in poor taste.

I can see Phaedra's side of the argument-she feels humiliated by her divorce just as she felt humiliated by her husband paying so much attention to Kenya.  It proves she made bad choices who to marry, who to father her children.  It goes to her very being as a counselor at law, she is not all that competent to give advice.

See this where the Phaedra level of BS bothers me-Phaedra is five years older then Apollo so they would not have been in high school together and it is a little skeevy to think at 20 she was involved with a 15 year old.  She met Apollo was he was 17 years old and though she may have known him, between the ages of 21 and 31 he had spent half of those years incarcerated.  He then re-entered prison at the ripe old age of 36 and remains incarcerated to date. 

Phaedra needs to pull the Band-Aid of the scab.  Once Apollo was sentenced there should have been the transition for the kids that the family unit as they know it will no longer be because dad is in prison.  The kids don't need to go through  Phaedra's ever changing marital legal status.  If she wanted to be a stand by her man type of woman-great-say it, live it.  If she wanted to divorce Apollo just do it.  I think it isn't a bad lesson that if you break the law and go to prison there is a real chance you lose your wife and wife moves on.

Cynthia and Phaedra meet up to discuss the party:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-9/episode-18/videos/phaedra-parks-opens-up-to-cynthia-bailey There are certain things that make me laugh, "I am a private person," said Phaedra Parks, except if it involves anyone else's business.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

I guess I am the only one who sees Phaedra's side of this argument.  People react to the same stimuli in different ways.  For Cynthia, she was pretty much done with Peter and she was not that invested in her marriage as she thought so when she was "surprised" with the Divorce party, it was just another get together to her even though she felt it was not in very good taste.  However, she did not know Peter as long as Phaedra knew Apollo and Peter was there with her as her plus one so she had no reason to feel uncomfortable with the party,

Then there's Phaedra.  Fresh off finding out her divorce was final and that Apollo was not amused and having to deal with her kids, her feelings were still raw.  Unlike Cynthia, she lived for her marriage and her image (typical southern belle thinking) and have known and been with Apollo since her high school days.  This was a divorce she really didn't want to see happen and seeing the party being thrown by the very person who was actively flirting with her husband and had inserted herself in their marriage was way too much.  It brought up all the bad things that caused their feud in the first place. Having Kenya of all people throw this party was a big slap in the face.

However, I felt Porsha should not have divulged the text to the ladies. It should have been something kept between her and Phaedra.  After all, Phaedra did not cause a scene at the party, she simply excused herself.

Being that Kenya has never been married, she really has no possible idea how much it hurts the people involved or how deeply.  To her credit, she was trying to be friendly but the "divorce" part of the party should have just been a quiet thought and not so advertised.  After all, this is right after Kandi accused Phaedra of dating/talking to another man before Apollo left for jail. 

there were just too many raw emotions out there and the party was really a bad idea for both Cynthia and Phaedra.

Fakedra could care less about her marriage or Apollo.  She was long over both.  She was more concern about her phony Southern Belle image - that of the wrong wife, the innocent victim, the brave mother raising her children.

Their marriage was hardly this great love story.   It was more out of convenience  than anything else.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, escape said:

Fakedra could care less about her marriage or Apollo.  She was long over both.  She was more concern about her phony Southern Belle image - that of the wrong wife, the innocent victim, the brave mother raising her children.

Their marriage was hardly this great love story.   It was more out of convenience  than anything else.

You say convenience; I say cover=up! Phaedra was lying about Aiden being a preemie until the day he was born and the doctor exposed her! She was just trying to save "southern belle" face over being pregnant out of wedlock! Nothing new; been done too many times to even count! ;-(

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

You say convenience; I say cover=up! Phaedra was lying about Aiden being a preemie until the day he was born and the doctor exposed her! She was just trying to save "southern belle" face over being pregnant out of wedlock! Nothing new; been done too many times to even count! ;-(

Her doctor blowing her lies is something I live for. It makes me sad that my old Tivo where I saved that episode got destroyed by lightning. There is a saying among trial lawyers "never ask a question that you don't know the answer to." I have no clue why Phaedra would try to perpetuate her lies in front of her doctor. She was like "Ohhhhh, this baby is growing so big so fast that you've got to take him out early." And the doctor was like "Nope. You're 40 weeks along." Unless you knew that your doctor would absolutely go along with your bullshit story, you should never bring it up.

I get Phaedra being uncomfortable with the party. But after Kenya's initial flirtation with Apollo, Kenya continued to be a factor in Phaedra's marriage because Apollo kept dragging her back in with his lies about Kenya propositioning him. Phaedra could have simply left because she was uncomfortable. There was no reason to dredge up that bullshit about Kenya.

• Love 12

I'm trying to figure out how Cynthia and Phaedra are Kenya's BFF and "NBF"??!   Girl is SO thirsty to stay on good terms with somebody, ANYBODY that she just attaches that best friend label to the last person who held a civil conversation with her.  

Ugh.  Bob is vile.  Can't believe I was liking him just a few eps ago.

I still find Porsha and Extra Crispy Todd too cute for words.

• Love 3

I call BS on the pearl clutching my delicate sensibilities are offended sanctity of marriage wagon that Phaedra hitched  her donkey booty up to.  I never found their marriage to be believable nor that it would last long.   Phaedra would never admit this but I think this is how things went down.

Phaedra reconnected with Apollo after he recently got out of jail the 1st time and it was a jump off.  Phae phae was fine with doing the deed and getting down and dirty on his air mattress.  Once she found out she was pregnant she jumped up and got married because of how it would look her being an unwed mother – given her being a PK (preacher’s kid) and remember the timing, her positioning herself as the southern belle on the RHoA.  So you basically got married to a man you didn’t know well enough to marry and to save face – definition of sanctity (insert eye roll)

Phae phae is also wrong for laying that BS excuse and going back to blaming Kenya.  Besides the fact that you and Kenya had your reconciliation moment 2 years ago, where you prayed and forgave each other and more recently not even 1 day ago you had a “lets clear the air and move on” session which you didn’t mention the issues you are still holding onto in regards to Kenya. Yes, Kenya’s party was in poor taste but it wasn’t coming from a place of F#ck marriage. Plus Kandi already confirmed that you were talking to someone (at least one person) while your husband first went to jail.  Sanctity. 

The issue I have with the grudge Phae phae is holding on to is that it is all based initially on a lie.  Phaedra could have just dropped everything once Apollo admitted to lying about Kenya wanting to get with him.  At that point a real adult would have said “Sorry Kenya, I believed my husband when he said you propositioned him for sex but he lied.  I wish we could take back all of the hateful things we said to each other but we can’t and I am sorry for the things I said because of misinformation.  We can’t take back the pain we caused each other but we can move on from this and never bring it up again”.   Also the whole I can forgive but I can’t forget stance, yes while that is technically true you can’t forget but that’s when the forgiveness part kicks in and even though you remember you don’t bring it up because that’s forgiveness – you know, one of those Christian Principles you are so fond of.  

• Love 13

That divorce party was sadder than many funerals. That said there is no reason that Phaedra couldn't have bailed with more class except for the fact that she is Phaedra.

Interesting that Porsha told Phaedra and Kenya was going back to her room but went back to the party.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Yeah he supposedly is. At first I was confused with why he was so obsessed with talking to everyone about Phaedra...it came across as though he didn't want a divorce and really wanted to try and make things work with Phaedra. Now I'm really starting to think that his real motivation is feeling that Phaedra has victimized herself in the situation and is lying and/or exaggerating truths in order to reinforce the notion that Apollo is a predator and Phaedra was his prey. Yet so far, the information he's been revealing to disprove Phaedra (another man, not in fact divorced), seems to be more accurate than what Phaedra is putting out there.

At the time, Apollo was already seeing/dating another woman. Also, Phaedra "talking" to another guy doesn't mean she was sleeping with him.

2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Except that we now know that the divorce wasn't final and still isn't to this day.

Just now, WireWrap said:

At the time, Apollo was already seeing/dating another woman. Also, Phaedra "talking" to another guy doesn't mean she was sleeping with him.

Except that we now know that the divorce wasn't final and still isn't to this day.

And that is because Apollo won a stay and is still contesting the divorce.  Yes even though he supposedly has a fiance.

• Love 1

Unlike Cynthia, she lived for her marriage and her image (typical southern belle thinking) and have known and been with Apollo since her high school days.

So Phaedra was dating him before he went to jail?

No one on earth is a pure Christian or they would  be in heaven with Jesus

I don't care how people live their lives...just stop preaching about a fake image you keep trying to show off to everyone when it comes to religious morals and whatnot.

If anything, Pahedra's credibility this season has probably taken a bigger beating than Sheree ever did from Bob.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Aging Goth said:

And that is because Apollo won a stay and is still contesting the divorce.  Yes even though he supposedly has a fiance.

No, he didn't contest it nor win a stay, the divorce was filed using misspelled last names. For some reason Phaedra misspelled her/Apollo's last names and the divorce was thrown out because of it. Apollo actually filed for divorce from prison (using correct name spelling), himself.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe Phaedra was upset because her dear friend Phaedra Parks Nita learned that her divorce from husband Apollo Nita, the love of her life for the past 20 years, was final. Their marriage began falling apart because Kanya More kept propositioning Apollo Nita and not that Apollo had been a career criminal who was currently incarcerated.

• Love 7

that was just the beginning.  He claimed there were misspelled words.  Phaedra didn't pen the divorce papers, her lawyer did so it is on her lawyer if words were mispelled.  However, that would not hold up the process as it would be a very minor proofing.  However, court files show that Apollo's lawyers are contesting to get money from Phaedra citing that she "illegally" sold their original house even though it was in her name.  It is still bouncing back and forth in the courts

22 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

that was just the beginning.  He claimed there were misspelled words.  Phaedra didn't pen the divorce papers, her lawyer did so it is on her lawyer if words were mispelled.  However, that would not hold up the process as it would be a very minor proofing.  However, court files show that Apollo's lawyers are contesting to get money from Phaedra citing that she "illegally" sold their original house even though it was in her name.  It is still bouncing back and forth in the courts

Yes, he is and he could/would have done the same had Phaedra filed legit papers for divorce but she didn't. Her paperwork never went anywhere in the courts, that was all an act by her and her attorney. Oh, and Phaedra would have had to read and sign off on all the paper work before her attorney filed it in the court, she would have seen that their last name was spelled wrong right away. Sorry, this was no oops by her attorney or some minor mistake Phaedra let slip by, this was intentional. I believe the house was bought during the marriage and would be seen as the marital home by the courts which would give Apollo a stake/interest in any money made when it was sold.

• Love 6

Team Kenya on this one.  As someone who has been divorced and with friends who have also survived divorce, everyone does look at it very differently.  I was okay with "celebrating" my divorce while I have a friend who absolutely saw nothing to "celebrate."  However, in Kenya's defense, she did also say that it was a party for a new chapter, which was also something that I said I was celebrating.   After the shitastic start to the vacay and the Bob/Sheree meltdown, I think it was a nice gesture to plan to have a fun party for the ladies.  As is usual, however, it all went to shit.

Phaedra simply didn't want to be there.  She could have put a smile on, like Cynthia did, and said she appreciated the gesture.  As much as I dislike Peter, at least he was a good sport for the roast (although it was fairly tepid.)  Maybe Phaedra hasn't emotionally moved forward or maybe the party made it all that much more real to her.  Regardless, she acted like a child stomping off to her room, supposedly "sick" while still in full makeup and major lashes.   

While a part of me hates that Cynthia took the full blame for her marriage not succeeding, I do remember back to when she got married and it was very clear then she simply did not want to get married.   The scene with her and Peter felt uncomfortably real.  I do appreciate that she admits that she does not want to get married again (I say this as someone who has said the same thing since the end of my marriage.) 

The scenes with Bob and Sheree were way too real.  No way that was faked.  Neither are that good of actors. I felt very sorry for Sheree.  She was clearly looking for an apology, a genuine apology, and it seems she is never going to get one.  Girl, accept that you won't, pick yourself up and keep it moving.  I have to say that I understand her a little better after her frustration and tears over Bob simply leaving and leaving her with three children to not only raise but try to explain where their father was.  What a dick. 

Peter's comeback line to Porsha was gold.  If you don't get there first - - ha ha! 

Ace is a doll. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I think everyone here covered my feelings about Phaedra and her supposed sanctity of marriage. So she sent a text to Porsha who read the text to all the women. Phaedra did not seem surprised by that so I wondered if she told Porsha to read the text out loud. When Porsha was in Phaedra's room she said that she agreed with what Phaedra wrote. I mean Kenya threw a lame party, but that was pretty much it. Cynthia was not wild about it, but participated and ate cake. Sigh, sometimes I really hate defending Kenya.

I bounce between Phaedra is just a big ole phony, and Phaedra was really hurt about her marriage ending, but is afraid to show her pain to others, and therefore acts like it's no big deal.  Either way the other ladies are reacting to what she's put out there regarding her marriage.  Which is that's she's over it.   Which is why she comes across fake when she's so offended by the divorce party or when she claims that Kandi wasn't there for her.    

I also have no clue why she would bring up the Kenya/Apollo stuff, when Apollo has admitted on camera that he lied about Kenya.  Her then claiming the Kenya was some how wrong for texting Apollo in any capacity was also silly, given how she parades in front of married men, bouncing her cheeks in a thong.    If Kenya texting what is essentially her coworker is inappropriate, then so is Phaedra's wardrobe choices.  

• Love 13

Phaedra pretending like she's drinking the last of that ginger ale, when it had already been poured and mixed with the Hennessy. Girl, stop.

That divorce party was sadder than many funerals.

And yet, still not as sad as that roast.

• Love 10

Phaedra is not the messenger to bring *sanctity of marriage* into any room.   I giggled for real, in part because, well, Phaedra.  And partly because I'm immature and sanctity contains a bastardized version of tittie...which brought to mind her bathing suit and then the giggles wouldn't stop.     Anyway, believe it or not, I would've been completely behind her if her whole point was that you/I don't celebrate children losing their father.    Where's @Yours Truly this needs a point. blank. period. lol.    But no, she's got to go on extolling marriage virtues.     Which made me think: 

2 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

Something was up with that whole Phaedra striking out at Kenya, I like the theories that she knew this was the time for everyone to swoop down and accuse her of spreading the Kandi lesbian story.  She knew something was going to go down in that party so she re-directed

In Kenya's convo with Phaedra, I think she meant "crucify" instead of "deify". She said something like "Don't deify me!" lol

This exactly.  See just the day before, supposedly when news came that the divorce had been finalized, she was out playing tennis with Hester Prynne.   How are you cheesing in the face of the woman you hold partly responsible for the end of your marriage?   Where they do that at? 

Sheree thinking up roast lines hours after the fact  "I'm ok with roasting Peter, but I think he's already done"  @IslandGal I promise I'm not laughing at shade jokes, but for as long as I live, there won't be anything funnier than the pause and look on her face as she told it.   I waited a whole hour just to catch that thing on rewatch!

What wasn't funny but explained a lot about Sheree was that breakdown with Bob.   What the hell kind of "man" leaves his family high and dry without a word like that?  What the fuck kind of shock was she in that he was able to simply pick up where he left off?   Wow.  Just wow.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I bounce between Phaedra is just a big ole phony, and Phaedra was really hurt about her marriage ending, but is afraid to show her pain to others, and therefore acts like it's no big deal.  

Yup.  I think Kandi even said something to that effect - - that Phaedra tries to put on a brave face (or a nonchalant face) but there are really hurt feelings at the root of it all.  And while people do not like Phaedra rehashing the past, Kenya did go out of her way to contribute to Phaedra's belief that SOMETHING happened with Apollo.  She was disrespectfully flirty and kept dropping insinuations that she and Apollo were up to something.  Lies or no, it was a humiliating time that Phaedra endured publicly and it's probably very easy to slip back into that anger when your former nemesis seems to be making light of your situation.  Cynthia was more gracious about it but she wasn't feeling that shit either.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I can't with Phaedra's holier-than-thou nonsense. Just say you're still hurting about your divorce and the party is not for you. Why does everything have to be a big production with her? And why bring up the Apollo texting saga again? Didn't she say she forgave Kenya?

I so want Bob and Peter to exit stage left.

I thought all the women looked lovely on the boat ride.

JESUS NEED TO FIX PHAEDRA.. Kenya was correct, she is a hypocrite, as much as I dislike Kenya , she did not deserve those insults from Phaedra. Once you put an issue to rest and especially when you have prayed over it, you should be done with it. Something else was up with Phaedra other than she did not want a Divorce party. Kenya can be a little insensitive and over the top. but something else was bugging Phaedra.    

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7

Sharee has outgrown Bob Whitfield. There is no future for them other than co-parenting their kids. There is to much pain to overcome, and once you hurt a woman that deeply, she moves on. It made her a stronger woman, taught her how not to depend on a man to keep a roof over her head. Now that I understand what really happened in the relationship, I can now see why she was determined to finish her home. Who knows , she may decide to sell later, but if she only stayed one night, that satisfaction of her accomplishment is well worth it.  Sharee was my least favorite person on the show at one time, I thought she was self-centered, mean spirited and behaved as if she was entitled. Now I see that she was acting out of her pain. I am happy that she finally spoke about it on the show , now she can let it go.  Bob thinks he can just say I'm sorry and all is well, but life is not that simple. He has to 'Reap what he has sown". 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Most seem to forget this is a human with human emotions and feelings.  No one on earth is a pure Christian or they would  be in heaven with Jesus. My opinion.  So all humans have their bad side and their good side.  No matter how they try.  What was witnessed last night was a human being human.  Yes she forgave Kenya a while ago and prayed with her but this divorce is still raw still going on being contested and being a very nasty divorce at that.  So to have the woman who flirted with her husband throwing a divorce party in her honor hit a nerve that was still raw and bleeding at this point.

I get it, you're right, but they all have raw emotions, and Phaedra always tries to 'fix It'. I can't excuse away her behavior last night, something was going on with her, but Kenya did not deserve that . ( I don't like Kenya) but I feel Phaedra was wrong , thought they were on the mend. Porsha should never have read that text message , at least not all of it ?  However Porsha was delighted to read it , anything to hurt Kenya.. 

• Love 6

I clearly remember Sheree losing her case against Bob because he gave her $400k to keep up mortgage payments, and find a new home and she blew it.  She then proceeded to rack up $100k in attorneys fees and her attorneys had her Bentley seized.  Bob is an ass and Sheree has always had a problem with money.  The are better off without each other.  The very first season Bob showed up to support Sheree's non-fashion show.

• Love 9

I thought the party was in terribly bad taste and I can't really blame her for not wanting to be a part of it. Even Cynthia initially had pretty strong reservations.

If Kenya just wanted to throw them a party because things had been sucky, I guess I would get that more than celebrating a divorce, something that I think really does hurt their kids, who are innocent in all of this. We even saw Cynthia's daughter mention how it affects her with Peter being out of her life since he's been in for a while plus Phaedra's kids.

I think Kenya flirted with Apollo just to stick it to Phaedra. Whether she sent messages or not, there was some pretty strong flirtation. I think that would bother most married women.

And I just generally can't stand Phaedra so I don't want to take her side but I sure get the reservations.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

And that has nothing to do with anything. If Apollo felt that Phaedra was going around claiming things about him all the while she keeping her business mum, then yeah, he's probably going to want to out that to show that Phaedra is busy talking about his business yet she's doing her own thing as well. And no one claimed that Phaedra was sleeping with another man. I don't even think Apollo claimed that she was. I can't recall for certain but I think he referenced to Phaedra talking/seeing someone else. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Phaedra is not the messenger to bring *sanctity of marriage* into any room.   I giggled for real, in part because, well, Phaedra.  And partly because I'm immature and sanctity contains a bastardized version of tittie...which brought to mind her bathing suit and then the giggles wouldn't stop.     Anyway, believe it or not, I would've been completely behind her if her whole point was that you/I don't celebrate children losing their father.    Where's @Yours Truly this needs a point. blank. period. lol.    But no, she's got to go on extolling marriage virtues.     Which made me think: 

This exactly.  See just the day before, supposedly when news came that the divorce had been finalized, she was out playing tennis with Hester Prynne.   How are you cheesing in the face of the woman you hold partly responsible for the end of your marriage?   Where they do that at? 

Sheree thinking up roast lines hours after the fact  "I'm ok with roasting Peter, but I think he's already done"  @IslandGal I promise I'm not laughing at shade jokes, but for as long as I live, there won't be anything funnier than the pause and look on her face as she told it.   I waited a whole hour just to catch that thing on rewatch!

What wasn't funny but explained a lot about Sheree was that breakdown with Bob.   What the hell kind of "man" leaves his family high and dry without a word like that?  What the fuck kind of shock was she in that he was able to simply pick up where he left off?   Wow.  Just wow.

Lol, never noticed that before; never going to stop noticing it again!

And add another "wow" from me re: Bob leaving his family -- wife and small children, for six months, without a word, and then showing up again like all is well with the world. Who does that? That dysfunction has got to run pretty deep. I am glad Sheree has moved on.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

See just the day before, supposedly when news came that the divorce had been finalized, she was out playing tennis with Hester Prynne.   How are you cheesing in the face of the woman you hold partly responsible for the end of your marriage?   Where they do that at? 

Lol at Phaedra playing tennis with Hester Prynne!   Now everything I think about that scene I chuckle at the image in my head instead of Phaedra's awful outfit.

Sheree waiting for the producer to laugh at her awful joke and them nowt cutting the scene earlier was gold.  I laughed for a solid 5 minutes.

I also laughed at Kenya's "so now you don't have time for god?  Hmmmkay."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I clearly remember Sheree losing her case against Bob because he gave her $400k to keep up mortgage payments, and find a new home and she blew it.  She then proceeded to rack up $100k in attorneys fees and her attorneys had her Bentley seized.  Bob is an ass and Sheree has always had a problem with money.  The are better off without each other.  The very first season Bob showed up to support Sheree's non-fashion show.

How dreadful. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

If my interpretation is correct, then I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment

You got it! That's what I was saying, that she doesn't practice what she preaches. 

8 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

What?

Why?

She's lied a couple times.  So?  She's relatively a decent human being otherwise.  She's raising decent boys who will treat women well.  She's not murdered anyone.  She's not physically endangered anyone's life or threatened anyone with violence.

I mean...really?  

I also see Phaedra's side of the argument.  Did she go to the extreme with it?  Absolutely.  She was rebuilding a friendship with Kenya.  Kenya has shown not to have a single clue what boundaries are.  So politely pull her to the side, explain the party is not something you want to participate in and then leave with the "I'm not feeling well" story in tact.  I do understand, however, why Phaedra was upset with the scenario.  

That was a joke, I should have included a smiley face. My mother always used to say that when she'd see someone putting on airs. :)

• Love 1

I totally agree with everyone who thinks Phaedra knew something was maybe going down that night. She had a stankface on when she walked in and it was not an "I'm sick" face. It was an "OMG, this is bad and I am trying desperately to find an angle out of it" face. I have no inside info and know nothing but maybe she got the heads up from someone that her comments were caught on tape and being used in the cut. I'd have that look on my face if I were her. I'd be throwing up all night and sick to my stomach. But it's not from illness. It's from panic. I think she'll be skewered at the reunion as Andy said he's still not over it and there's no one else to really get it. I'll bet she's going to be the new Vicki from the OC soon. The one who everyone liked and now hates. But comes back every season looking for a new ally.

Bob is just so awful. The way he got frustrated with Sheree made me cringe. I just can't look at him anymore. He can apologize all he wants but he's one mean, scary man. I need him to go away now. I was never a Sheree fan but my heart really goes out to her now. She's stuck with that abuser forever because of her kids. 

I think Peter and Cynthia will pull a Nene and Greg but maybe not getting remarried, just date.

Porscha is now making me sick. Done with that. She's insufferable and her boy is just a media pig. No soup for either of you. Move on.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

And that has nothing to do with anything. If Apollo felt that Phaedra was going around claiming things about him all the while she keeping her business mum, then yeah, he's probably going to want to out that to show that Phaedra is busy talking about his business yet she's doing her own thing as well. And no one claimed that Phaedra was sleeping with another man. I don't even think Apollo claimed that she was. I can't recall for certain but I think he referenced to Phaedra talking/seeing someone else. 

Apollo did accuse Phaedra of having an affair, remember "Mr. Chocolate"? He claimed Phaedra was sleeping with him back before he went to prison, meanwhile it was Apollo that had the real GF! Phaedra never out'ed any of his lies/games, including the GF other than the fact that he wasn't at home spending time with their sons before starting an 8 year prison sentence in a different state. That was her one/biggest complaint, that Apollo chose to party at strip clubs over spending real time with his sons.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Apollo did accuse Phaedra of having an affair, remember "Mr. Chocolate"? He claimed Phaedra was sleeping with him back before he went to prison, meanwhile it was Apollo that had the real GF! Phaedra never out'ed any of his lies/games, including the GF other than the fact that he wasn't at home spending time with their sons before starting an 8 year prison sentence in a different state. That was her one/biggest complaint, that Apollo chose to party at strip clubs over spending real time with his sons.

It wasn't a conventional marriage from "the get!" Phaedra had to of struck up a deal with Apollo to marry her and put up this sham coupling on reality TV for quite a bit of money! There would be no real reason to even have Phaedra but for his flirting with Kenya and Phaedra portraying the jealous and "put upon" wife! This whole thing has to be something created in her OWN mind since we saw them going on a road trip, getting along famously, then all of a sudden Phaektra brings up the APOLLO drama? A really bad script if that's how she wrote it! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Corrected spelling
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

It wasn't a conventional marriage from "the get!" Phaedra had to of struck up a deal with Apollo to marry her and put up this sham coupling on reality TV for quite a bit of money! There would be no real reason to even have Phaedra but for his flirting with Kenya and Phaedra portraying the jealous and "put upon" wife! This whole thing has to be something created in her OWN mind since we saw them going on a road trip, getting along famously, then all of a sudden Phaektra brings up the APOLLO drama? A really bad script if that's how she wrote it! ;-(

Phaedra and Apollo joined the show in season 3, Kenya didn't join until season 5. Phaedra/Apollo were already established cast members well before Kenya twirled onto the show. Kenya needed them more than they needed her for quite a while.

I really think Phaedra brought up the old feud with Kenya to cover up the fact that at that point, there was no real Nida divorce in the works, let alone finalized. Phaedra knew that Kandi/Todd were in regular contact with Apollo and would know what was and was not happening.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

Something was up with that whole Phaedra striking out at Kenya, I like the theories that she knew this was the time for everyone to swoop down and accuse her of spreading the Kandi lesbian story.  She knew something was going to go down in that party so she re-directed. 

Yeah, i cringed a little at that because I expect better from Kenya.  She was either looking for crucify or vilify.  She was not looking for deify.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Last night made me pity sheree because of abuser Bob  (who would probably suggest sheree "provoked" him into it) and because she.is looking so busted.  When she and Bob were sitting together on the boat I was like....oh....no....with that hair.

I'm glad she spent her money to look good for the THs

• Love 2
10 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

I forgot to give props to Phaedra for knowing what the word meant, because she repeated "Deify?" 

15 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

What?

Why?

I mean...really?  

I don't particularly think Phaedra is a good or decent human being.  I think hanging Porsha out there to dry is being a terrible friend.  Like, if you can't treat your own friend well, are you really that good a person?  I don't know.  

And then look at her behavior with Todd.  She owed the man money, and instead of paying him the money he asked her for, she chose to talk about him sideways 10 ways till Sunday.  And that was only because he dared to ask her for the money she was contractually obligated to pay him.  Instead of doing the right thing, she will throw anyone under the bus.

What I remember of a few seasons past she went around making it sound like Kandi was an unfeeling friend to her.  When in reality, it seems like Phaedra was representing to Kandi that everything was fine and she was doing well and talking to other men.  

Her outright lie about Kenya propositioning Apollo for a blow job was disgusting, because she knew damn well it wasn't true.   Which is why she was so adamant that Kenya not speak to Apollo alone in Mexico.   If Kenya hadn't pried the truth out of him in Mexico while Phaedra was gone, Phaedra would have continued to go around calling Kenya a whore who had offered Apollo a blow job.  But, as usual, Phaedra's image is what is the most important thing, and the truth is not even a top 5 consideration.  Nor is the fundamental fairness of someone being able to get paid when they have earned the money, or to not be sullied by a false accusation when you know, full well that they haven't done that.  *

As someone above said, every 35 seconds Phaedra is inappropriately flashing her ass at someone and telling people that she is in the "best place in her life" right now.  If you're in such a good place, why wouldn't you want to celebrate it?  You've barely heard a peep from Phaedra about her marriage this season.  

This is Phaedra's MO.  To throw anyone and everyone under the bus to try to keep anyone from thinking she did something wrong....when she has done something wrong.  I don't think that makes her a great person at all.  However, since we have a loving and forgiving god, I'm sure heaven will be full of sanctimonious assholes like Phaedra.  I'll just have to avoid that corner of heaven.

*ETA -- I realize that Kenya flirted with Apollo, and as unacceptable as that behavior may have been, the punishment shouldn't be that you are the subject of a lie that you propositioned him for oral sex.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12

Which is why I found it so laughable when last week (or the week prior) Phaedra was all, "we shouldn't call other women whores" and gave some sanctimonious reason why.  At that point I was wholly impressed (and surprised) by Kenya's restraint for not calling out Phaedra's hypocritical ass, cause I wouldnt have let it go.

I agree with those who have said that Phaedra got tipped off on something, because she was acting stank before she entered the room and saw the banner.  I don't know whethe she had gas or not, but she was definitely full of something.

• Love 16

Sheree and Bob's scenes look like terrible acting to me. But then I'm like, why would someone want to be portrayed as an abuser, is the allure of being on a tv show that strong? It just doesn't seem genuine to me. I believe what they're saying happened really did happen, but all the trying to get back together and Sheree crying and Bob feeling remorseful and distraught over how to get her to see how hard he's working.... So fake.

I was kind of annoyed with Cynthia basically taking the blame for the demise of her marriage because Peter was all too happy to basically be like, "yeah, it was your fault. You didn't know how/didn't want to be a wife." Which ok, Cynthia is partially responsible for the failed marriage, but Peter has a large part, as well. Large.

So, Phaedra trusts her good friend Porsha so much that she's the only one she shares the truly personal stuff with, but does she realize that the only reason Kenya knows she called her trifling is because Porsha read her that text?? Porsha could have given them the gist of the text without reading it word for word and throwing Phaedra under the bus. Yeah, Phaedra is fake and all that, but why wouldn't Porsha try to protect her from being in the hot seat again?

• Love 3

^^as others pointed out, it was odd that Phaedra wasn't surprised with porsha told her she read the message to the table.  And it was the only way to get Kenya down to her room for "Textgate 2: Electric Bugaloo"

....which is what Phaedra wanted....

....so I wonder if she didn't tell porsha to read the text out loud at the table....

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, RealReality said:

^^as others pointed out, it was odd that Phaedra wasn't surprised with porsha told her she read the message to the table.  And it was the only way to get Kenya down to her room for "Textgate 2: Electric Bugaloo"

....which is what Phaedra wanted....

....so I wonder if she didn't tell porsha to read the text out loud at the table....

Porsha tweeted Phaedra wanted her to read the text. 

A little levity:  https://www.trashtalktv.com/03/20/rhoa-recap-hawaii-k-o/408857/

Since there is no PTV recap, maybe this one will do. 

I wonder where Phaedra's concern for the "sanctity of marriage" was when she hired Ridickulous to swing his foot long dick at a party? I mean I personally don't see anything wrong with looking at a stripper when you're married; however,  if you're going to pick and choose when to be morally outraged, I think many would think it's inappropriate for a married woman to be drooling all over a stripper's foot long dick at a party. And where is her respect for the "sanctity of marriage" when she is parading around with her ass and titties hanging out in front of other women's husbands on vacation? 

And as far as Phaedra being a "good person", y'all remember this, don't you? I believe her. There's just too many details and it sounds too much like what we already know of Phaedra for it to not be true. Phaedra is a con artist. A sociopath. And I believe part of the reason why she's still not divorced has something to do with what he could reveal about her. 

• Love 11