Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Aloha and Goodbye

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Tararayne said:

And I believe part of the reason why she's still not divorced has something to do with what he could reveal about her.

As much as we speculate, I bet none of us have any idea of how deeply involved she was in his criminal activities.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Gracie123 said:

No episode recaps since first night in Hawaii.   What is PTV afraid of?

15 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Maybe the recapper quit watching the show in frustration and a suitable replacement has yet to be found?

Vulture seems to have stopped recapping it too. I understand their frustration. It's hard to accurately recap a show when you hate much of the behavior displayed. Additionally considering the homophobia and sexism that were underlying the most recent conflicts, a recap would and could quickly turn into a dissertation or a jeremiad. While interesting, neither is especially entertaining.

17 hours ago, PickleDeeDee said:

I forgot to give props to Phaedra for knowing what the word meant, because she repeated "Deify?" 

I'm not giving her props for that because:

1. She's a preachers kid;
  2. She's a lawyer; 
  3. She has a Greek name; and
  4. Most decently educated people should be familiar with a pretty common Greek loan word like deity and its derivatives.

Even Kenya who used it incorrectly, I assume because she was angry, is probably familiar with it and its meaning because words you don't know rarely slip out like that.

13 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Which is why I found it so laughable when last week (or the week prior) Phaedra was all, "we shouldn't call other women whores" and gave some sanctimonious reason why.  At that point I was wholly impressed (and surprised) by Kenya's restraint for not calling out Phaedra's hypocritical ass, cause I wouldnt have let it go.

What makes Phaedra's behavior even more egregious is that her restoration was maybe only 2 days before the divorce party. So Kenya had thought the two of them were cool with each other for the last couple of weeks, days, hours, and minutes before the party and suddenly Phaedra walks in the door, her head spins around, and she hates Kenya again. I'm surprised Kenya didn't get whiplash.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I clearly remember Sheree losing her case against Bob because he gave her $400k to keep up mortgage payments, and find a new home and she blew it.  She then proceeded to rack up $100k in attorneys fees and her attorneys had her Bentley seized.  Bob is an ass and Sheree has always had a problem with money.  The are better off without each other.  The very first season Bob showed up to support Sheree's non-fashion show.

Yes I remember that as well,  I agree, but that's just money,  she should have been more responsible with her finances. The issue I had is that Bob made his children suffer for Sharee's mistakes  , they were not to blame . They needed their father regardless. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

Last night made me pity sheree because of abuser Bob  (who would probably suggest sheree "provoked" him into it) and because she.is looking so busted.  When she and Bob were sitting together on the boat I was like....oh....no....with that hair.

I'm glad she spent her money to look good for the THs

Give Sharee's hair a break , it was stressed ! Lol !!

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Aging Goth said:

Most seem to forget this is a human with human emotions and feelings.  No one on earth is a pure Christian or they would  be in heaven with Jesus. My opinion.  So all humans have their bad side and their good side.  No matter how they try.  What was witnessed last night was a human being human.  Yes she forgave Kenya a while ago and prayed with her but this divorce is still raw still going on being contested and being a very nasty divorce at that.  So to have the woman who flirted with her husband throwing a divorce party in her honor hit a nerve that was still raw and bleeding at this point.

Personally, I think this season is a WRAP ...It has to be the most boring season in years.  Lord help us to get through the reunion and move on to POTOMAC.

21 hours ago, Roxy said:

I totally agree with everyone who thinks Phaedra knew something was maybe going down that night. She had a stankface on when she walked in and it was not an "I'm sick" face. It was an "OMG, this is bad and I am trying desperately to find an angle out of it" face. I have no inside info and know nothing but maybe she got the heads up from someone that her comments were caught on tape and being used in the cut. I'd have that look on my face if I were her. I'd be throwing up all night and sick to my stomach. But it's not from illness. It's from panic. I think she'll be skewered at the reunion as Andy said he's still not over it and there's no one else to really get it. I'll bet she's going to be the new Vicki from the OC soon. The one who everyone liked and now hates. But comes back every season looking for a new ally.

Bob is just so awful. The way he got frustrated with Sheree made me cringe. I just can't look at him anymore. He can apologize all he wants but he's one mean, scary man. I need him to go away now. I was never a Sheree fan but my heart really goes out to her now. She's stuck with that abuser forever because of her kids. 

I think Peter and Cynthia will pull a Nene and Greg but maybe not getting remarried, just date.

Porscha is now making me sick. Done with that. She's insufferable and her boy is just a media pig. No soup for either of you. Move on.

Soup Nazi would "SLAP" them both on the head with his spoon !

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Tararayne said:

I wonder where Phaedra's concern for the "sanctity of marriage" was when she hired Ridickulous to swing his foot long dick at a party? I mean I personally don't see anything wrong with looking at a stripper when you're married; however,  if you're going to pick and choose when to be morally outraged, I think many would think it's inappropriate for a married woman to be drooling all over a stripper's foot long dick at a party. And where is her respect for the "sanctity of marriage" when she is parading around with her ass and titties hanging out in front of other women's husbands on vacation? 

And as far as Phaedra being a "good person", y'all remember this, don't you? I believe her. There's just too many details and it sounds too much like what we already know of Phaedra for it to not be true. Phaedra is a con artist. A sociopath. And I believe part of the reason why she's still not divorced has something to do with what he could reveal about her. 

Ridickulous is gay and was no threat to Phaedra's marriage.  Phaedra's divorce was finalized.  Apollo is protesting it.

4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I don't know...one of the things he was accused of was identity theft, no? And what better way to procure identities than via a funeral home...

Opportunity for impropriety doesn't mean guilt.  Phaedra has been investigated and she has not been brought up on any charges.  At most, I believe Phaedra probably had a "don't ask, don't tell" situation when it came what Apollo did in the streets.  I can't see her risking it all being that she was already making decent money from her law practice, the television show and her other endeavors.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

What makes Phaedra's behavior even more egregious is that her restoration was maybe only 2 days before the divorce party. So Kenya had thought the two of them were cool with each other for the last couple of weeks, days, hours, and minutes before the party and suddenly Phaedra walks in the door, her head spins around, and she hates Kenya again. I'm surprised Kenya didn't get whiplash.

A divorce party is in incredibly poor taste -- especially one thrown by a woman who inserted herself in a marriage.  Maybe that was Phaedra's last straw.  Kenya already threw her under the bus when it came to Porsha's anger management.  She used Phaedra's good intentions of trying to smooth things over with her and Porsha to antagonize Porsha.  Maybe she realized that Kenya didn't have the sensitivity and sincerity to be a friend to her.

• Love 2

Opportunity for impropriety doesn't mean guilt.  Phaedra has been investigated and she has not been brought up on any charges.

True, but not being brought up on any charges doesn't mean you haven't done anything wrong, either. It just means there wasn't enough evidence against you to bring up charges to begin with.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

True, but not being brought up on any charges doesn't mean you haven't done anything wrong, either. It just means there wasn't enough evidence against you to bring up charges to begin with.

Apollo testified in court that she had nothing to do with his crimes and after an investigation, she was not brought up on charges.  There was nothing linking her to Apollo's crimes.  

• Love 1

This Season and maybe even last has crossed the line of what I will tolerate in scripted reality, lol.  Nothing about this group is genuine or authentic in any way, shape or form.  Some of the reactions to the script are real enough, but the rest of it?  Meh,

Gosh I hope they don't bring NeNe back in an attempt to save this mess.

1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

A divorce party is in incredibly poor taste -- especially one thrown by a woman who inserted herself in a marriage.  Maybe that was Phaedra's last straw.  Kenya already threw her under the bus when it came to Porsha's anger management.  She used Phaedra's good intentions of trying to smooth things over with her and Porsha to antagonize Porsha.  Maybe she realized that Kenya didn't have the sensitivity and sincerity to be a friend to her.

Kenya "threw her under the bus?"  Phaedra told Kenya that porsha wanted to talk to all of the girls about her anger management and then tried to act confused when Kenya brought it up.

Since when is having to account for setting a situation up being "thrown under the bus?"

Maybe, next time, Phaedra shouldn't make things up.

Also, women have divorce parties and Kenya wasn't just throwing it for Phaedra but was rather including Phaedra in a party she was throwing for Cynthia.  I see no evidence of ill intent towards Phaedra as she had no ill intent toward Cynthia.  It would have been odd to have 2 "friends" in the same situation (towards the end of a divorce) and throw a party for one and not include the other. Ex wives and divorced women throw divorce parties for themselves (see sheree).  And Phaedra has been saying that she is the happiest she has been and she is the one who filed for divorce.  I'm not saying that Phaedras "sadness" isn't real per se, but rather that it would be pretty easy for a reasonable person to think the party wouldn't be offensive. 

1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Apollo testified in court that she had nothing to do with his crimes and after an investigation, she was not brought up on charges.  There was nothing linking her to Apollo's crimes.  

LOL, oh please.  You're relying on the testimony of a man convicted of fraud?  As we've discussed with kandi, not being charged doesn't mean you didn't do it.  And wasn't she the signatory for some those companies?  A board member?  And she had no idea?  Pffft.

Or did she convince the Ex felon, father of her children that one of them should be out to take care of the kids and he decided to take the blame?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Audpaud said:

This Season and maybe even last has crossed the line of what I will tolerate in scripted reality, lol.  Nothing about this group is genuine or authentic in any way, shape or form.  Some of the reactions to the script are real enough, but the rest of it?  Meh,

Gosh I hope they don't bring NeNe back in an attempt to save this mess.

If TT/blogger id correct, many will not be happy next season! http://tamaratattles.com/2017/03/19/exclusive-tea-on-rhoa-season-10-cast/

I don't know how accurate TT has been in the past, but I'll probably tap out if Kim returns.  I do not like her and I think she is an undercover racist.  I was happy when she got her own show so i didn't have to watch her.

If Nene comes back whose peach is she gonna take?  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Won't that be way too many people?

It would be at least 1 too many if everyone + Nene comes back as full time cast members.  The article said Kim would just come back as "friend of" but I can't stand Kim so even in that capacity I might just skip it.

I wonder if porsha might be demoted to "friend of" to make room for nene?

Apparently Matt and Peter got into a fight at a radio station. Matt is bitter because he says Peter and Todd told him he should get $$ from Kenya for being on the show- they get 10% from their ladies. Obviously after Matt broke into Kenya's house and went nuts, she isn't sharing. Also he is not on the reunion so no $$ from that either. The guys have their little " real husbands" group, and told Matt he was one of them, but after his violent cray cray behavior, have dropped him like a hot potato- pissing Matt off even more. 

I cannot stand Phaedra now. The one thing that gives me joy about her is remembering one of the early reunions when she fainted because her spanx were too tight. ( plus, her kid is adorbs!) 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Say what you will about Peter, but he had earned that money.

Right?  And I'll bet anything that Kenya promised Matt  (and Walter!) money to stay a part of her storyline.  But she should've done a serious background check on boyfriend.  Why is he fighting Peter?!  These guys...looking for their own spin-off...

• Love 1

Phaedra finally hit my eyeroll limit. She's got zero room to talk about sanctity of marriage, proper behavior, keeping things private, etc. She can take her "barbarian cream" filled lady fingers and have herself a seat. There's also nothing more pathetic than someone wanting to talk shit via text. If she had shit she wanted to say to Kenya about the party, she should have done it right there, instead of faking some gas and doing it from her room. Also, someone get Porsha a mop for her messiness.

• Love 6

First Marlo needs her own room during the glamping trip because she farts, now Phraedra takes to her bed because she has gas.  Atlanta- Home of the Flame Farts.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 4

I only watched this ep b/c nothing better was on and even then, I could only watch a third of it.

Why does Phaedra insist on disguising herself as an overstuffed pork sausage? 

I had to fast forward thru Cynthia being unnecessarily slavish to Peter and laughed about her lame gift. I couldn't help but notice how quickly he agreed that she was a bad wife.

Peter's "roast" was tepid at best. Did Kandi and Todd come up with that idea 5 minutes ahead of time and then tell no one? Once again, Dumb Porsha managed to dress cheap for the occasion; is Pharisee Phaedra getting dressing tips from her now? TBH, I couldn't care less ob what Sheree claims Bob did. Geez, Cynthia, the best thing u could come up with was ob his good dental hygene? Is he holding your credit card hostage? 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Can't find who misrepresented her -- wouldn't she have tried to do this herself? LOL -- but here is Apollo's attorney:

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/30339-ga-onyema-farrey-4322902.html

By material misrepresentations I meant what she put in the divorce petition.  Misspelled name, convincing Apollo he would be brought to court.  My bad.  It is a legal term.

I doubt Phaedra used an attorney when she first filed. Brought in a ringer to finish things up.  Also worst attorney in the world who claimed Apollo would not have been given notice.  Once he made an appearance (and by that I mean answered the petition) he would have been served with all notices.  Of course if it was the wrong name-maybe not.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1