Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Aloha and Goodbye

• Start Topic

I can't with Phaedra's holier-than-thou nonsense. Just say you're still hurting about your divorce and the party is not for you. Why does everything have to be a big production with her? And why bring up the Apollo texting saga again? Didn't she say she forgave Kenya?

I so want Bob and Peter to exit stage left.

I thought all the women looked lovely on the boat ride.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 20

Please take Bob off my screen. He is disgusting in and out and a woman sobbing over this asshole is not entertaining. Sheree can and should do better than this guy.

Why Phaedra is trying to bring up drama that have been put to rest? She needs to be a victim because why?

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Phaedra is totally the employee that calls out "sick" after being written up...

What a boring episode; even with the Jeckyl/Hyde routine of Phaedra playing tennis early with Kenya, then throwing out accusation of why her marriage failed! ;-(

• Love 3
Just now, FlyingEgret said:

Cynthia's roast of Peter:  you brush your teeth well...crickets

Probably a good reason for her to find something else to do; Heaven knows she's not entertaining on this terrible show! ;-)

• Love 3
Just now, Petunia13 said:

Did Phaedra only stir this up against Kenya to take the focus off Porsha? 

And did she know Porsha was going to read the text to the group?  She didn't seem that surprised when Porsha said she told everyone 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

She ought to feel something after letting Porsha take all the heat for what she said to Sheree! Those were some big accusations and I can't believe Sheree has given her a complete pass! ;-(

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Why must Phaedra be so insufferable? Mocking the sanctity of marriage. Please. Nothing these women were doing undermined marriage more than Phaedra's own marriage to an ex con that she didn't trust and was necessitated by a pregnancy. Furthermore if  Kenya's flirting with Apollo did such serious damage to their marriage, then I can only imagine that Apollo's endless trips to the strip club, fraudulent activities, and actual fucking cheating killed their marriage stone dead. Which is why I wonder what Phaedra's purpose was for bringing up the flirting other than to be an abject asshole who refuses admit any culpability in what has happened in her life.

Peter is terrible. Bob is terrible.

Standing Ovation!!!

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

What a boring episode; even with the Jeckyl/Hyde routine of Phaedra playing tennis early with Kenya, then throwing out accusation of why her marriage failed! ;-(

I strenuously disagree.  I thought this episode was a masterpiece.  How could an hour of TV that has Kenya thinking, "You know what this abortion of a vacation needs?  A joint televised surprise divorce party for my BFF who's here on this very vacation with the man she's about to divorce and the woman I've been back on speaking terms with for 2 nanoseconds after she was accusing me of pursuing her now-jailed husband," be anything but gold?

• Love 14

Roast? That wasn't even a braise! That was just embarrassing. Sorry not sorry, but 'you so dark' jokes need to die a long painful death!! Hell all skin shade jokes! 

Phaedra just had to gas up the DeLorean and go back to the future for this dead ass Apollo/Kenya story?!? No ma'am.

It has had its moments but looking on it cumulatively right now this season is becoming underwhelming.

• Love 17
55 minutes ago, Moncheechee said:

I strenuously disagree.  I thought this episode was a masterpiece.  How could an hour of TV that has Kenya thinking, "You know what this abortion of a vacation needs?  A joint televised surprise divorce party for my BFF who's here on this very vacation with the man she's about to divorce and the woman I've been back on speaking terms with for 2 nanoseconds after she was accusing me of pursuing her now-jailed husband," be anything but gold?

No, a masterpiece would have been if they had revealed the identity of the guy (Mr. Chocolate) that Fakedra was talking with.

Otherwise, there was not 1 iota of info in her feud with Kenya that hasn't be relit gated to death.  #Desperate for a Storyline.  #Viewers Aren't Stupid.

Edited by escape
  • Love 8

Phaedra can miss me with ALL her faux outrage....marriage is a sacred institution, really?  Is that why you only did it because you got knocked up?  In fact, if marriage is so sacred, why did you have unprotected sex outside of the sacred institution of marriage?  Isn't that contrary to the christian teachings on marriage?

And as I remember it, Phaedra asked Kenya to leave Apollo alone on the Mexico trip when she got him to basically admit he made shit up.  I think the ONLY reason that upset Pheadra was because it meant she couldn't go around telling the world that Kenya propositioned Apollo via text.  Once again, this is all about Phaedra's anger at not being able to uphold her image, versus any anger or hurt over her marriage.

I also think that more than a little of this is Phaedra hoping to deflect the attention away from the Kandi/Porsha thing and any revelation of her role in it.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think that was a big part of it.  I don't think she gives a solitary shit about Apollo, other than that he embarrassed her.

I think she knows that anytime the women are all together, her cover can be blown.  One on one, she can make up some shit, lie and twist her way out of things and blame someone else.  But when they are all together, it would be almost impossible because then all of them can compare notes.

So, I think when they all decided to get together, she had to get out of there, and then send that text to derail everything and get the group to split up and talk about something else.

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Roast? That wasn't even a braise! That was just embarrassing. Sorry not sorry, but 'you so dark' jokes need to die a long painful death!! Hell all skin shade jokes! 

Phaedra just had to gas up the DeLorean and go back to the future for this dead ass Apollo/Kenya story?!? No ma'am.

It has had its moments but looking on it cumulatively right now this season is becoming underwhelming.

Yeah, I'm glad that Todd rescued Kandi from that sad joke.  Especially before she got to the part about only seeing teeth and beard, because you know thats exactly where it was headed.

As much as I hate Peter, his comeback to Porsha was pretty funny.

As was everyone pointing out how much better Cynthia was than Peter.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Oh look, another example of how Phaedra is an absolutely self-righteous, judgemental phoney. I think it all should have been fine once Kenya explained what the party really was about. Phaedra was only holding on to the idea she had in her own head because she wanted the opportunity to strike someone down with her holier than thou attitude. She didn't seem to be taking the sanctity of marriage all that seriously when she was talking with at least one other man while still married to prisoner Apollo. I don't blame her for one second for moving forward when you know the writing is on the wall and it's only a matter of legality to get the divorce final - but Phaedra picks and chooses when to apply her morals and gets upset when everyone else can't keep up with which way she moves the goal posts. 

Phaedra is so bitter and nasty, lol. She was just showing off her ass to Todd and now she wants to bring up a two year old story where her husband admitted that he made up all of the accusations of Kenya trying to get with him behind Phaedra's back. She's so quick to call out Apollo for being a liar when he's telling people what she's up to but she wholeheartedly wants to believe Kenya was after her man even after he publicly acknowledged that he fabricated the whole thing. Phaedra is pretty sad and pathetic and I'm especially angry at her because when it comes to her and Kenya, without fail, she always ends up acting like a damn fool and I find myself sticking up for Kenya and thinking Kenya is the mature and sane one between the two. 

If Phaedra spent more time talking about finding Jesus to make peace with herself, I'd respect that. Instead she uses religion to suggest that others need healing and to correct their behaviour when she's guilty of the same behaviours. Phaedra is a con artist...maybe one day Jesus will help her see that.

I think Phaedra knew that her lie about the divorce was about to come undone so she faked being sick and then tried to throw blame on Kenya as extra coverage. She really could care less about what happened/didn't happen between Apollo/Kenya back when, she was afraid the truth about the (non) divorce was coming out right there and then and she could not have that happen.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think Phaedra knew that her lie about the divorce was about to come undone so she faked being sick and then tried to throw blame on Kenya as extra coverage. She really could care less about what happened/didn't happen between Apollo/Kenya back when, she was afraid the truth about the (non) divorce was coming out right there and then and she could not have that happen.

It sounds like the reunion is going to be something else. Phaedra has lied, gossiped, and manipulated all season and it's all going to come out. I know Andy banned props, but I'm going to need one of those police suspect whiteboards to keep track of all of Phaedra's dirty bullshit: her fraudulent divorce filing, the lesbian rumors, Mr. Chocolate, the strange bomb scare. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, escape said:

No, a masterpiece would have been if they had revealed the identity of the guy (Mr. Chocolate) that Fakedra was talking with.

Otherwise, there was not 1 iota of info in her feud with Kenya that hasn't be relit gated to death.  #Desperate for a Storyline.  #Viewers Aren't Stupid.

Phaedra talks a big game, but tends to go low brow.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ridikulous.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Phaedra wants to be divorced from Apollo and is too chicken to admit it.  She likes controlling Apollo and probably offers him incentives to stay hitched.  Her big act about breaking up a family-the family broke up because Apollo went to prison, not because there was a divorce.  At the time they were filming this Apollo had two years in prison under his belt.   This is not fresh, he had been away two years.   He gets out in August of 2020.

One year she blamed Todd and Peter for their marital discord, next it is Kenya, maybe Phaedra is insecure in her relationship with Apollo.  Phaedra has control issues, she isn't going to take the kids to see Apollo and bitched Kandi out for her opinion. Then Phaedra claims Apollo calls the house all the time.  Phaedra then claims Kenya wants her chance with Apollo.  Phaedra should be more interested in getting over Apollo if she truly wants to be divorced.  Most people would love to have the person they are divorcing in prison and if they were so inclined block their calls.

Don't need the lecture from Phaedra and what the hell was the purplish shroud she was wearing in her confessional?  Her bumble bee look wasn't much better.  Maybe because Phaedra is homely she is insecure and felt having a handsome husband who was beholding to her would raise her self esteem.

2 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Phaedra and Apollo aren't divorced? Did I miss something?   I thought it was Cynthia and Peter who were faking their divorce. 

Apollo and Phaedra aren't divorced, and Cynthia and Peter are not faking.  Something about the shame in divorce for Phaedra.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Phaedra wants to be divorced from Apollo and is too chicken to admit it.  She likes controlling Apollo and probably offers him incentives to stay hitched.  Her big act about breaking up a family-the family broke up because Apollo went to prison, not because there was a divorce.  At the time they were filming this Apollo had two years in prison under his belt.   This is not fresh, he had been away two years.   He gets out in August of 2020.

One year she blamed Todd and Peter for their marital discord, next it is Kenya, maybe Phaedra is insecure in her relationship with Apollo.  Phaedra has control issues, she isn't going to take the kids to see Apollo and bitched Kandi out for her opinion. Then Phaedra claims Apollo calls the house all the time.  Phaedra then claims Kenya wants her chance with Apollo.  Phaedra should be more interested in getting over Apollo if she truly wants to be divorced.  Most people would love to have the person they are divorcing in prison and if they were so inclined block their calls.

Don't need the lecture from Phaedra and what the hell was the purplish shroud she was wearing in her confessional?  Her bumble bee look wasn't much better.  Maybe because Phaedra is homely she is insecure and felt having a handsome husband who was beholding to her would raise her self esteem.

Apollo and Phaedra aren't divorced, and Cynthia and Peter are not faking.  Something about the shame in divorce for Phaedra.

I don't think it is that she doesn't want a divorce, it's that she wants it on her terms, including making herself look like the martyr in the divorce. Phaedra is all about "image" and she needs to control how we viewers see this divorce. She needs to realize that she can not control her image the way she thinks she can, there are too many viewers/bloggers fact checking her and outing her lies/games.

I am still not convinced that Cynthia's/Peter's divorce is any more real and there still haven't been any public records saying they are in fact legally divorced despite Cynthia's claim that it is final. Is it possible for her to have kept this private, without any public record?

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think it is that she doesn't want a divorce, it's that she wants it on her terms, including making herself look like the martyr in the divorce. Phaedra is all about "image" and she needs to control how we viewers see this divorce. She needs to realize that she can not control her image the way she thinks she can, there are too many viewers/bloggers fact checking her and outing her lies/games.

I am still not convinced that Cynthia's/Peter's divorce is any more real and there still haven't been any public records saying they are in fact legally divorced despite Cynthia's claim that it is final. Is it possible for her to have kept this private, without any public record?

I don't think anyone expended any energy trying to find the records.  A lot of people believe they can access all records via the computer and that is not always the case.   They could have filed in Charleston.   http://georgia.gov/popular-topic/filing-divorce or perhaps Peter had declared a residency in another county in Georgia. Cynthia talk tonight about never wanting to marry again, she marched to the beat of a different drummer and Peter saying she didn't really take to the job of wife, pretty well convinced me that Peter and Cynthia have split and Cynthia divorced him.  I thought it was kind of sad that Peter was reminiscing last vacation, last birthday together.

My issue with Phaedra is the story keeps changing.  Whereas , Cynthia pretty much stayed the path and took responsibility on her end.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Wait...isn't Apollo engaged to another woman?  I'm so confused.  This is more like Young and the Restless instead of people's real lives.  

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Wait...isn't Apollo engaged to another woman?  I'm so confused.  This is more like Young and the Restless instead of people's real lives.  

Yes incarcerated Apollo is engaged, which doesn't necessarily require you be divorced.  Go figure, who wants to marry someone who still has 40 months left to serve in prison?

54 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Yes, he is and he has filed for divorce this time! LOL

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think anyone expended any energy trying to find the records.  A lot of people believe they can access all records via the computer and that is not always the case.   They could have filed in Charleston.   http://georgia.gov/popular-topic/filing-divorce or perhaps Peter had declared a residency in another county in Georgia. Cynthia talk tonight about never wanting to marry again, she marched to the beat of a different drummer and Peter saying she didn't really take to the job of wife, pretty well convinced me that Peter and Cynthia have split and Cynthia divorced him.  I thought it was kind of sad that Peter was reminiscing last vacation, last birthday together.

My issue with Phaedra is the story keeps changing.  Whereas , Cynthia pretty much stayed the path and took responsibility on her end.

I do think they looked but didn't find anything. It is always possible that she filed somewhere other than Atlanta and she may have filed later than she claimed she did to keep it more private. I would still like confirmation though, too may questions left unanswered. LOL

I could not believe that she took the blame for their marriage failing, after all, we saw/heard a different version of their marriage through the show which suggests that, once again, there isn't much real in this Atl. HW show any more.

• Love 6

I think Cynthia taking the blame convinced me it was real.  She just wants to be out of that marriage and I think she feels feel guilt about wanting to be out of the marriage so she is taking the blame.  I think she feels guilty that she doesn't want to be married to Peter so it's like "oh, it's not you, it's me"

People faking a divorce would be at each others throat. Not taking all the blame.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Even with all of Porsha's messiness, with the rate Phaedra is going, I still think she has a good shot at being the focus of this season's reunion because there is a lot she has been involved in directly and indirectly and this time around, she was messy and got caught in front of cameras. Phaedra will try to spin things    

I suspect that Phaedra is weary of 'trusting' these women because she maybe has a like of skeletons that can blow up in her face...and we all know how much Phaedra LOVES to project a certain image.

• Love 2

Where on earth do those women get their clothes?  Phaedra the Church Lady seems always to be dressed in something that should be sold with clear heels and a pole and her talking head shirt was awful. Kandi's jump suit was, well I am without words on that.  

Kissing the Penis game was cringe worthy at it's best, I would have walked out of the that party too.

Why is Phaedra mad at Kenya and not mad at or blaming Todd?  I don't think for one minute all was fine with their marriage and then the texting was the problem...Phaedra is grasping at straws.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Yeah he supposedly is. At first I was confused with why he was so obsessed with talking to everyone about Phaedra...it came across as though he didn't want a divorce and really wanted to try and make things work with Phaedra. Now I'm really starting to think that his real motivation is feeling that Phaedra has victimized herself in the situation and is lying and/or exaggerating truths in order to reinforce the notion that Apollo is a predator and Phaedra was his prey. Yet so far, the information he's been revealing to disprove Phaedra (another man, not in fact divorced), seems to be more accurate than what Phaedra is putting out there.

• Love 4

I don't think it's appropriate to throw a surprise divorce party for someone else. That's really something you should only do with the person's knowledge and consent. Divorce is complicated and can churn up a lot of feelings, even in what looks like an open and shut case. I have a friend who split from a guy who treated her terribly and she said all the "You were too good for him, thank God you left" made her feel terrible - like a fool for being with him in the first place.

It also bugged me that all the women were insisting that Cynthia will get married again. Not everyone is meant to be married. I think Cynthia learned that about herself and more power to her, frankly.

I'm so confused about all the lies and machinations this season. The reunion should be amazing!

• Love 12

Did Kenya say that Serena Williams is thicker than she is? I was like whaaaaat? Serena looks great and is probably all muscle.

I think everyone here covered my feelings about Phaedra and her supposed sanctity of marriage. So she sent a text to Porsha who read the text to all the women. Phaedra did not seem surprised by that so I wondered if she told Porsha to read the text out loud. When Porsha was in Phaedra's room she said that she agreed with what Phaedra wrote. I mean Kenya threw a lame party, but that was pretty much it. Cynthia was not wild about it, but participated and ate cake. Sigh, sometimes I really hate defending Kenya.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I do think they looked but didn't find anything. It is always possible that she filed somewhere other than Atlanta and she may have filed later than she claimed she did to keep it more private. I would still like confirmation though, too may questions left unanswered. LOL

Perhaps Pharisee Phaedra convinced Cynthia to be her divorce lawyer and that is why they can't find the papers?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I would never quote "tabloid gossip sites".  These sites are notorious for click-bait articles - to entice readers.  Hardly legit sources.

It makes no sense to float a fake divorce storyline with Cynthia and Peter, since they were never a popular couple.  If anything, she has become more popular without him.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I also think that more than a little of this is Phaedra hoping to deflect the attention away from the Kandi/Porsha thing and any revelation of her role in it.

That's Phaedra's M.O. from the first time she appeared on this show. She's done nothing but lie through her teeth.

10 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

If Phaedra spent more time talking about finding Jesus to make peace with herself, I'd respect that. Instead she uses religion to suggest that others need healing and to correct their behaviour when she's guilty of the same behaviours. Phaedra is a con artist...maybe one day Jesus will help her see that.

Phaedra may be a minister's daughter, but she's showing her ass more like the stereotypical preacher's kids who are wild and do anything for a kick.

The first commandment says to put no other god before the one true God. Would Phaedra ever dream of giving away all her money and possessions to give them to the poor? Of course not. She hasn't a clue about being a Christian. She ain't getting into Heaven, that's for sure.

• Love 5

I guess I am the only one who sees Phaedra's side of this argument.  People react to the same stimuli in different ways.  For Cynthia, she was pretty much done with Peter and she was not that invested in her marriage as she thought so when she was "surprised" with the Divorce party, it was just another get together to her even though she felt it was not in very good taste.  However, she did not know Peter as long as Phaedra knew Apollo and Peter was there with her as her plus one so she had no reason to feel uncomfortable with the party,

Then there's Phaedra.  Fresh off finding out her divorce was final and that Apollo was not amused and having to deal with her kids, her feelings were still raw.  Unlike Cynthia, she lived for her marriage and her image (typical southern belle thinking) and have known and been with Apollo since her high school days.  This was a divorce she really didn't want to see happen and seeing the party being thrown by the very person who was actively flirting with her husband and had inserted herself in their marriage was way too much.  It brought up all the bad things that caused their feud in the first place. Having Kenya of all people throw this party was a big slap in the face.

However, I felt Porsha should not have divulged the text to the ladies. It should have been something kept between her and Phaedra.  After all, Phaedra did not cause a scene at the party, she simply excused herself.

Being that Kenya has never been married, she really has no possible idea how much it hurts the people involved or how deeply.  To her credit, she was trying to be friendly but the "divorce" part of the party should have just been a quiet thought and not so advertised.  After all, this is right after Kandi accused Phaedra of dating/talking to another man before Apollo left for jail. 

there were just too many raw emotions out there and the party was really a bad idea for both Cynthia and Phaedra.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

That's Phaedra's M.O. from the first time she appeared on this show. She's done nothing but lie through her teeth.

Phaedra may be a minister's daughter, but she's showing her ass more like the stereotypical preacher's kids who are wild and do anything for a kick.

The first commandment says to put no other god before the one true God. Would Phaedra ever dream of giving away all her money and possessions to give them to the poor? Of course not. She hasn't a clue about being a Christian. She ain't getting into Heaven, that's for sure.

Just to clarify, I'm assuming that the spirit of your comment is to say that for someone who preaches religion, her behaviour seems contrary to the core beliefs of her religion, rather than saying that a good Christian is someone who gives all their wealth to the poor. If my interpretation is correct, then I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. I don't buy Phaedra's Christian act, not because she is a flawed person, not because she sins, I believe it's all act because there's no humility in Phaedra's character and I believe that someone who is inspired by religion is someone who must have humility. It's not about being perfect or sinless, it's about having the humility to acknowledge those things about yourself and realize that it's more important to focus your energies on bettering yourself than it is to behave with moral superiority in an effort to point out the imperfection of everyone else around you. There's a Chinese proverb that says "a full bottle makes no sound; a half bottle sloshes around". Phaedra is a half bottle that is making a lot of noise to convince people that she is something that she is not.

• Love 12