Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

Nah, I think Bryan only got 2 one-on-one, same as Dean and Peter.

I think Dean is super-cute, but too bad in some shots, he still looks like he is 18.

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Isn't Peter a part-time model who is now a full-time personal trainer? That's like 90 percent of the guys recruited for the Bachelorette. And I see Peter is the new Arie - a guy I keep reading about his overwhelming hotness that I just don't personally get. Decent looking guy, sure but bland as hell.

Yeah, Peter is as successful as the other personal trainers on the show. I laughed when they caption him something vague like "Business Owner". I mean sure, then everybody who is self-employed can be called a business owner. LOL.

• Love 1

I read (other board) that Jef asked for more time with Emily off camera at his family visit.  They had more details but I have forgotten.  I would not be surprised to learn this has happened many times since.   If Peter is F1 with only 2 one on ones,  I will believe this is routine now.  I can see Rachael asking/demanding it. 

I like the uncertainly.  If spoilers exist for a show I have to read them, but find it more enjoyable if the winner is in question.  

I wouldn't hold my breath on Peter/Bryan being the next Bachelor. It'll be somebody black. Guaranteed.

I'm not so sure. Eric seems too young to carry the show. DeMario has no chance, the only one that I think could possibly be the bachelor is Kenny. And that depends on how far he gets .I think if she doesn't choose Peter, he has a very good chance. So she's happy, and we can be happy. Silver linings, silver linings.:) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Bryan has been on another reality show.   She has said, she does not like cocky men.   Now, is that because she has succumbed to a cocky guy in her past and she is trying to turn over a new leaf?  Or is she attracted to cocky and is not able to fight that?  

An interview with Lucas

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

If Peter is F1 with only 2 one on ones,  I will believe this is routine now.  

I think it is very common for the F1 and F2 as well, to have two 1-on-1's, excluding their HTD and the F3/F2 dates. I know Vanessa had two 1-on-1's last season. Raven didn't but Rachel did, I didn't watch JoJo's season so I can't speak about her and Jordan. I know Lauren and JoJo both had two 1-on-1's in Ben's season, Shawn had two in Kaitlyn's season, Whitney had two in Chris's season, etc. It's fairly common. So Peter and Bryan both having two 1-on-1's fit with the spoiler that they're the final two. I'm more surprised at Dean's having two when he ends up Final 4 and Eric Final 3. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Bryan has been on another reality show.   She has said, she does not like cocky men.   Now, is that because she has succumbed to a cocky guy in her past and she is trying to turn over a new leaf?  Or is she attracted to cocky and is not able to fight that?  

An interview with Lucas

OMG. I don't know what this Player show is, but it looks right up my alley! I can't believe I missed it! Made me think of The Pick-Up Artist on VH-1 with that ridiculous Mystery guy teaching geeks how to get chicks by "negging" and, most importantly, wearing some stupid "piece of flare."

So now THREE of these guys--and counting(???)--were previously on a dating show? I call Wrong Reasons on the casting department!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

OMG. I don't know what this Player show is, but it looks right up my alley! I can't believe I missed it! Made me think of The Pick-Up Artist on VH-1 with that ridiculous Mystery guy teaching geeks how to get chicks by "negging" and, most importantly, wearing some stupid "piece of flare."

So now THREE of these guys--and counting(???)--were previously on a dating show? I call Wrong Reasons on the casting department!

I call wrong reasons on Bryan.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think it is very common for the F1 and F2 as well, to have two 1-on-1's, excluding their HTD and the F3/F2 dates. I know Vanessa had two 1-on-1's last season. Raven didn't but Rachel did, I didn't watch JoJo's season so I can't speak about her and Jordan. I know Lauren and JoJo both had two 1-on-1's in Ben's season, Shawn had two in Kaitlyn's season, Whitney had two in Chris's season, etc. It's fairly common. So Peter and Bryan both having two 1-on-1's fit with the spoiler that they're the final two. I'm more surprised at Dean's having two when he ends up Final 4 and Eric Final 3. 

Thank you.  

(edited)

I want to know who Bryan's Plastic Surgeon is! He seriously went from looking like Billy Hufsey to looking like Rafael from Jane the Virgin but with chipmunk cheeks. How did he shrink his moon face?

I have no idea who wins, but the videos of Bryan since taping has ended show him looking sad, so I think he lost. He usually walks around with so much swagger and humor, but now he looks deflated and pensive. It could be that he just read all the negative comments about himself online though and now he's questioning his self-image.

I also don't think that Rachael's penchant to make out with Bryan every time she sees him is evidence that he is final one. If anything, that's evidence he's final two, because usually the guy that the Bachelorette is all hot and heavy all over is the runner up. I'm thinking of Emily with Arie and any one of Nick's seasons- Kaitlyn's run especially.

The Bachelorette is usually shown to be insecure with her final one: JoJo asking Jordan if he liked her. Andi questioning Josh with the lie detector. Emily telling Jef that she thought he was so cool when he rode in on his skateboard (by the way, whaaaat?).

I don't know if it's an editing choice on behalf of the producers to show the lead making out with someone who is not their chosen one, but now that I think about it, they did that with Ben and JoJo and Brad and whatever the runner up's name was. Both times it lead to problems in those relationships with their final one, or at least that's how they played it in the tabloids when the couples looked for a reason to break up.

It is also possible that as the lead, there is a tendency to want to compartmentalize the relationships so Rachel spends all her time joking with one, an other time getting deep with another, and the next bit of time making out. It's like all the guys fill various needs but no one guy fills all her needs or even lives as a whole person to her until the show is over. Maybe that's why so many Bachelor Universe relationships fail.

Edited by lids
  • Love 1

I don't like Peter or Bryan, so if Rachel chooses one of them, then she's crazy.  Most of the guys aren't impressing me this season.  There's probably only 1 or 2 that I think are normal and likeable, and they're never featured much, which means they have no chance.  I feel like most of the guys have weird psych issues this season.... I did feel bad for Rachel, but since her taste is apparently really bad, I don't really care anymore.

Well, color me very surprised.  I read the thread a couple days ago and went from high to medium when I saw that she didn't, in fact, choose Peter.  I actually really like Peter (although it could totally be the resemblance to Sebastian Stan) and Rachel.  Today I find myself quite sad about her ending up with Bryan.  Not because it's not Peter, but because I just can't get past the "sloppy seconds" comment (which would have been a deal breaker for me - especially since he said it on national television) and the famewhore nature of that horrible show he was on which someone posted upthread.  Yuck.  There were so many guys who I really like on her season!  She seems to have had a good lineup to choose from and went for someone in the bottom five IMO.

:'(

• Love 7

A number of things make me think Peter is F1.  

1.  Fleiss' tweet claiming new bach will be shocking or something like that.  ***eye roll***  Peter would not be a shocking choice or tweet worthy.  He would be the likely choice.  Sure he could refuse if offered.   Just going on hunches here.  Blake* eliminated on first night due to grandfather ill would be a shocking choice as would be someone from a previous season. 

2.  The other board has a poster who claims Peter is F1 (inside informant).  This posters is not given to wild hysterical notions.  Thus far anyway.  LOL  

3.  Rachael does not like cocky.

4.  Bryan is an easy choice for F2.  He won't be heartbroken since it is clear he seeks fame. 

I am musing in an effort to put off things I have to do today.  I am not attached to the outcome so this is not a desperate attempt to convince myself Peter wins.  

I like not knowing for a change.  

* He radiated intelligence, ease with the camera, handsome and solid in his exit interview.  I know I was struck with, 'damn, I like this guy.'

No show tonight but next week eliminations are Jonathan, Iggy and Jack Stone (eliminated during his 1-on-1.) 

On 6/8/2017 at 9:59 PM, truthaboutluv said:

The power of Reality Steve. He says it and for some its gospel. For the record, many of the women from the season have said nice things about Vanessa and Alexis (Shark Girl), a member of Rachel's supposed "squad" has flip flopped from saying how "we don't like Vanessa" in an Instagram Live video she did with Rachel, to talking about how Vanessa was always very sweet to her and she's posted many gushy and cute comments on Vanessa's Instagram about how gorgeous and amazing she is.

In my opinion, I think it's clear that the Vanessa and Rachel saga was simply two very strong women with very strong personalities put in a highly emotional and manipulative environment and their personalities clashed. People took sides and one of those gave their version of what happened to Reality Steve, he reported it and many took it as the gospel truth, ignoring that there are always three sides to every story - in this case, Rachel's, Vanessa's and the truth.

I do find it funny though how in many places online, not here, whenever the slightest criticism is made of Rachel about anything, an inevitable response about how the women loved her and they all hated Vanessa immediately pops up. Like that automatically negates any criticism of Rachel. Like why Vanessa is even being dragged into this, I have no idea.

Regarding all the stuff about Rachel not representing every black woman or speaking for them and all that...honestly, I really don't think it's that deep. I'm a black woman and I've never viewed Rachel's casting or the reaction to her or any of this stuff as having diddly to do with me.  But of course that's probably because I see this show as a pretty icky and sort of creepy snark fest. Every once in awhile, a pretty awesome couple comes out of it. But other than that, it's a bunch of famewhores, some more so than others, willing to put themselves out on a television show for entertainment and well now with social media, shilling opportunities. It's just a cheesy reality show. It's fun to snark about and laugh about but that's it. At least for me it is. I like some of the people, famewhores and all, and others annoy me.

You may not have, but Rachel herself in interviews has talked about representing Black women and being given this "platform" to do it in a positive way.  There is nothing positive or empowering about any part of this franchise.   The unfortunate thing is that not everyone who watches shows like this have the ability or maturity to take it for entertainment, and they do look at this people as influences and representatives.  It is not that deep to me, but I see others affected by this. 

I work with kids, and it has been very hard for those of us in education to combat reality shows.  I have also worked with students, disabled and non disabled, to talk about careers, jobs, college etc.  Increasingly over the years many have told me that they are no longer thinking of college because you don't need it to be a reality star.  Now they think making a sex tape or posting provocative pictures (or shilling something) on Instagram is the way to go.  These shows create false ideas about the way to fame and fortune. 

One of the conversations about having an education resulted in a student stating, "but xxxx Real Housewive is a lawyer and she is on a reality show, so why do I need to go to college?" We talk to these students about people making choices because they did not have opportunity or knowledge, and then people who had opportunity, etc. still choose to come on these shows and represent themselves a certain way, or just even be a part of franchises that promote certain behaviors.  

I have a friend that is a principal in an elementary school and one of the saddest stories she told me was of a 2nd or 3rd grader coming in and trying to act like her favorite Housewife.   The language she was using, etc. was disturbing, and when they talked to her about it she was confused about why it was wrong because these people were on tv and popular, and she just wanted to be popular and cool. We can look at it and laugh, but a lot of this does have an impact on young people.  Now in the schools we are combating the effects of 13 Reasons Why. 

I don't think any woman should want to be on the Bachelor and be "chosen" and compete for a man, but if I am honest, I am disappointed that a woman that came from a background of opportunity and education would choose to be a part of this, especially knowing that she can influence a part of a community. Don't get me wrong, I can see the appeal of traveling to numerous countries, designer clothing, a stylist, hairstylist, makeup artist and having a gaggle of men compliment me and compete for my affection.  I just think that sometimes you have to be strong enough to walk away. 

On 6/10/2017 at 0:31 PM, lids said:

I want to know who Bryan's Plastic Surgeon is! He seriously went from looking like Billy Hufsey to looking like Rafael from Jane the Virgin but with chipmunk cheeks. How did he shrink his moon face?

I have no idea who wins, but the videos of Bryan since taping has ended show him looking sad, so I think he lost. He usually walks around with so much swagger and humor, but now he looks deflated and pensive. It could be that he just read all the negative comments about himself online though and now he's questioning his self-image.

I also don't think that Rachael's penchant to make out with Bryan every time she sees him is evidence that he is final one. If anything, that's evidence he's final two, because usually the guy that the Bachelorette is all hot and heavy all over is the runner up. I'm thinking of Emily with Arie and any one of Nick's seasons- Kaitlyn's run especially.

The Bachelorette is usually shown to be insecure with her final one: JoJo asking Jordan if he liked her. Andi questioning Josh with the lie detector. Emily telling Jef that she thought he was so cool when he rode in on his skateboard (by the way, whaaaat?).

I don't know if it's an editing choice on behalf of the producers to show the lead making out with someone who is not their chosen one, but now that I think about it, they did that with Ben and JoJo and Brad and whatever the runner up's name was. Both times it lead to problems in those relationships with their final one, or at least that's how they played it in the tabloids when the couples looked for a reason to break up.

It is also possible that as the lead, there is a tendency to want to compartmentalize the relationships so Rachel spends all her time joking with one, an other time getting deep with another, and the next bit of time making out. It's like all the guys fill various needs but no one guy fills all her needs or even lives as a whole person to her until the show is over. Maybe that's why so many Bachelor Universe relationships fail.

I almost spit out my green drink. I don't know what is sadder, that I knew immediately who Billy Hufsey is, or that I am old enough to remember UPN as a network.  Maybe it was was the weight loss tea he was reportedly shilling on instagram.   Obviously it works! 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/10/2017 at 0:32 PM, Canada said:

I don't like Peter or Bryan, so if Rachel chooses one of them, then she's crazy.  Most of the guys aren't impressing me this season.  There's probably only 1 or 2 that I think are normal and likeable, and they're never featured much, which means they have no chance.  I feel like most of the guys have weird psych issues this season.... I did feel bad for Rachel, but since her taste is apparently really bad, I don't really care anymore.

Amen to this!  I actually think she has a terrible bunch of men.  Bryan, I have listed my many reasons, and I can see Peter being whiny or needy.   I don't get the ick response like Bryan, but I do get something... 

Just the reports of who she takes to the final four speaks volumes. 

On 6/10/2017 at 9:00 AM, peachmangosteen said:

LMAO at Bryan being in that show. He somehow looks worse there even without the horrible cheeks he has now.

Bryan's cheeks don't bother me nearly as much as his hair, body and ill fitting suits.   I have to say, however, being persistent has paid off for him. Clearly being on television has been something he has aspired to for a while.  I can't take anyone seriously that is shilling tea and multi level marketing schemes, and who would be on a show like this one.  At this point it could come out that he and Jubilee had one coffee date  I still say all of this together indicates to me that he has always had an agenda. I can see him stalking out the bar appearances of Bachelor contestants hoping to meet them, or contacting people on social media.  You expect me to believe that in Miami if you are really successful or such a catch, going on dating shows is the only way to meet a woman? 

Rachel is no doubt rescuing him from a strip mall clinic and he'll be able to flash those cheeks at movie premieres, sporting events and whatever else is offered.  Even if they don't do that his life will still be upgraded . Bonus, she can represent him on any future lawsuits.   

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, catrice2 said:

You may not have, but Rachel herself in interviews has talked about representing Black women and being given this "platform" to do it in a positive way.  There is nothing positive or empowering about any part of this franchise.  

I could go along with the presenting Black women statement if she didn't let a man basically do a Trump style sexual molestation on her 10 mins after meeting him. Then get on TV and say she liked it. Let him call her sloppy seconds and he get all excited when her girls show up. And if she picks him what would that say about and to  Black women as a whole. If she picks Peter (now starting to doubt it) and from what we have seen so far, getting to know a man long before you let him stick his tongue down your throat would be a great way to representing Black women and all women in general. You get as much respect as you demand.

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, BaileyMae said:

I could go along with the presenting Black women statement if she didn't let a man basically do a Trump style sexual molestation on her 10 mins after meeting him. Then get on TV and say she liked it. Let him call her sloppy seconds and he get all excited when her girls show up. And if she picks him what would that say about and to  Black women as a whole. If she picks Peter (now starting to doubt it) and from what we have seen so far, getting to know a man long before you let him stick his tongue down your throat would be a great way to representing Black women and all women in great. You get as much respect as you demand.

As far as that goes, being interested in Nick ( who admittedly is almost 40 and still having one night stands)  let me know that Rachel has no problem with ick.  Without the Jade and Tanner drama they all knew he had slept with multiple people in this franchise and were still willing to be with him. The whole fantasy suite and "hooking' up with each other at random events, etc. creeps me out.  I don't think anyone associated with this franchise has a lot of respect for themselves, but I do think there are ways to make it a little less creepy.  Admittedly kissing is fairly tame, but I can't see being besties and forming a bond with women when we are all slobbering over the same man.  There is no dignity in being associated with the show, but if you are willing to give that up for financial gain, then why not?  We all make choices and people have to choose what is best for them.  She was already in the position as a black, female lawyer (with a judge for a father ) to have a "platform" to represent and/or influence. Why choose this show? 

I don't watch, but I understand there was one couple that promoted abstaining until they had married?  I am not sure how that whole season was with respect to the dates, interactions, etc., but if it was pretty tame then that lets me know that it can be done.  With the whole visit to the church, etc. Rachel gave the impression that was how she was going to approach the experience, however, I see her as being somewhat of an eager initiator and certainly a willing participant in a lot of the overt intimate encounters.  As for the sloppy seconds...again that read to me as an attention seeker.  As I mentioned before from what we have been shown so far Rachel seems to like immature humor and antics, so I am sure it did not bother her.  What bothers me is what she says she does not like certain things, but those things are exactly what she seems to like.  We have already been shown Eric showboating at the gym and Bryan's antics, yet they make final four?  Not being cocky and not being an attention seeker is something she said she didn't like?? She has also gone from wanting a normal life to "entertaining" what opportunities that may come up, and a televised wedding. 

Who knows what crazy Peter is doing and saying that is not being shown? I actually think she is probably having great conversations with many of the men that are not being shown because it is not the edit the producers want.   I think this is a crappy group of men overall, but at least a few are providing some eye candy.  Hopefully if Peter is a nice guy he will have the opportunity to "move from Madison" and have some good things happen to him as a reward for going through this crazy process, which was probably his objective. 

Edited by catrice2
(edited)
1 hour ago, catrice2 said:

You may not have, but Rachel herself in interviews has talked about representing Black women and being given this "platform" to do it in a positive way.  

Yes, but I don't care what Rachel says. It has diddly to do with me. I watch this show for snarking purposes and mindless entertainment that requires little thought from me because work and life is stressful enough. Rachel can say whatever she wants, I don't have to acknowledge or agree with it and neither does anyone else. If you think the show and the franchise is so insulting and awful in many ways (and this latest BIP incident will certainly not contradict that) then just simply don't watch. Again, YMMV but none of this is that deep to me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11
(edited)
26 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yes, but I don't care what Rachel says. It has diddly to do with me. I watch this show for snarking purposes and mindless entertainment that requires little thought from me because work and life is stressful enough. Rachel can say whatever she wants, I don't have to acknowledge or agree with it and neither does anyone else.  

I am with you.  I watch for light (often boring) entertainment and take NOTHING seriously.  People on cooking shows often say I am here to represent Texas.  Well, no you are not.  You can only represent yourself wherever you go; don't drag a state or entire race into it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yes, but I don't care what Rachel says. It has diddly to do with me. I watch this show for snarking purposes and mindless entertainment that requires little thought from me because work and life is stressful enough. Rachel can say whatever she wants, I don't have to acknowledge or agree with it and neither does anyone else. If you think the show and the franchise is so insulting and awful in many ways (and this latest BIP incident will certainly not contradict that) then just simply don't watch. Again, YMMV but none of this is that deep to me. 

I am well aware that I have a choice to not watch (and managed to do so for many, many years), but I also have the choice to  be curious enough to watch and snark or post my opinions.  It always tickles me when people say that.. as if they are pointing out something that is not obvious.  I am intelligent enough to not let it affect my life I can watch this  and separate this from reality.  My point is, many who are not, are exposed to it and it does have an impact. If I want to point that out, I can. 

I was out of town and not following so I am just now being made aware of the latest, which only proves my point about the manipulation....why associate herself with a franchise that promotes and in some ways engineers (keep the alcohol and suggestions flowing!)  situations?  Now that something has happened the lying, denials and distancing themselves from it will undoubtedly occur...but everyone has their own idea of what s entertainment.  Also interesting who is being set up as the fall guy. 

I didn't want to watch 13 Reasons either, but I had to to help figure out why it was having an impact in the schools and what kids were posting on social media. Sometimes people do watch shows for reasons other than entertainment, and they have the right to do that.  I envy people who can watch programs like this for entertainment and not think about their affect on society because they are not confronted with the impact in their real life.  Unfortunately that is not the case with me. 

My comment was meant to state that I am not going by posts, boards, or anything about Rachel representing anyone, but by her own misinformed comment that she is representing Black women in any way.  We agree in that I don't agree with her statement and I have the right to voice that just as you do.  Of course her saying that doesn't make it true and I am well aware that many Black women don't see her as a representative so we are on the same page.  Most Black women I know have ever watched an episode of this show, but I am sure there are plenty that do, and I have many other friends of different ages, races and backgrounds that have never watched either. 

This show is not serious tome, which is why I don't try to go after other people or their thoughts on the message boards or try to defend it by telling people that they can choose not to watch.  The reason I tried to follow this show  mostly through the boards is because of the playful, respectful banter .  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts about what is being played out.  This is actually not the only show I "watch" this way.  I mostly read boards these days to follow many shows because I don't have the time to devote to a lot of shows that I am interested in and most posters are very descriptive in recapping episodes.   I got addicted to that with TWOP, and I am more than upset this format is slowly going away. 

I hope people continue to have fun with the show, and I plan to continue to try to figure out why this is entertaining to people and appealing to the contestants.  I have confessed to liking the fashions, the locations and the absurdity of it all.  I am secretly fascinated with the effect that shows/film  have on people, myself included.  My friend reminded me that I cried when Ben Affleck was cast as Batman.....we all have our interests.  I am not at all ashamed that I love superhero shows. 

Sorry, I an not invested enough in the boards to know what YMMV and all the other acronyms mean, but I am slowly learning. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, wings707 said:

I am with you.  I watch for light (often boring) entertainment and take NOTHING seriously.  People on cooking shows often say I am here to represent Texas.  Well, no you are not.  You can only represent yourself wherever you go; don't drag a state or entire race into it.  

The truth is that works for Whites, that does not work for minorities. What one does that is publicized will always be applied to the entire group.

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, BaileyMae said:

I could go along with the presenting Black women statement if she didn't let a man basically do a Trump style sexual molestation on her 10 mins after meeting him. Then get on TV and say she liked it. Let him call her sloppy seconds and he get all excited when her girls show up. And if she picks him what would that say about and to  Black women as a whole. If she picks Peter (now starting to doubt it) and from what we have seen so far, getting to know a man long before you let him stick his tongue down your throat would be a great way to representing Black women and all women in general. You get as much respect as you demand.

What is a Trump style molestation? And I wasn't aware Rachel was "molested". That is taking a bit far, even for a hyperbole, IMO. He went in for a kiss, she didn't push him away and then she said she liked it. Does that mean she has no respect for herself because she likes the advances from a guy? Who are we to judge what she should like or dislike?

Whatever Rachel does or does not do on the show do not reflect on Black women as a whole. She is just one regular person, like everyone else. Whichever guy she picks is on her, because she has to date him. And I would never take this silly dating show to be a political platform.

• Love 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, waving feather said:

What is a Trump style molestation? And I wasn't aware Rachel was "molested". That is taking a bit far, even for a hyperbole, IMO. He went in for a kiss, she didn't push him away and then she said she liked it. Does that mean she has no respect for herself because she likes the advances from a guy? Who are we to judge what she should like or dislike?

This exactly. Like I've said, I don't really care who Rachel picks but these are the things that makes a part of me want Reality Steve's second spoiler to be right and she picks Bryan. Because I just feel like there's just been so much over the top villainizing of the guy, while painting Peter as some perfect saint. Like I said in the episode thread, no, Bryan's style of kissing is not personally my thing. I like a little build up and it was just too deep, too intense, too fast. I'm amazed Rachel could breathe.

But you know what, it was clearly her thing. There was no "molesting" of anything. Bryan flirted, she reciprocated, then he went in for a kiss and she accepted. And she was so not bothered by it that she gave him the FIR so she could go on in for makeout number two.  And again, maybe that's because it is her thing. Maybe Rachel likes and gets off on aggressive and intense guys. Look at her reaction to Fred's asking to kiss her.  And if that is the case, as a consenting adult, why should she be judged for that and her status as representing black women be called into question? 

As for the sloppy seconds comment, yes, it was a stupid thing to say and likely the result of him trying too hard and doing too much posturing because he was on the Ellen show, in front of millions. Believe me, if you go back a few pages to when that date first aired on Ellen's, while filming was going on, I called Bryan a douche for the comment. But we don't know that he didn't apologize to her immediately that night. Ellen's snarky response I think made him realize how dumb and awkward it was. So maybe he sincerely apologized because he was clearly trying to throw shade for Will but the comment came out as an insult to Rachel. I just don't think any of these things, should Rachel pick Bryan should have people already questioning her being a role model and example for black women. But then again, I don't seek out my role models on reality shows. YMMV

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Whatever Rachel does or does not do on the show do not reflect on Black women as a whole. She is just one regular person, like everyone else. Whichever guy she picks is on her, because she has to date him. And I would never take this silly dating show to be a political platform.

We are all welcome to our opinion. My having to explain it or agreement with it by others is not a requirement.

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 1

The good thing about RS changing his spoiler is none of us will be 100% certain now. Makes it a tad more exciting, like the old days. I like Peter, so I will be perfectly content with him being the next Bachelor.

• Love 3

Looks like someone uncovered Peter's high school yearbook, where he says his future plans are to "become famous and go on the Bachelor". What's funny to me is seeing the exact same people who were ready to tar and feather Bryan for being on another reality dating show when he was 22, turning around and affording the benefit of the doubt to Peter because "he was young". Okay, so we shouldn't hold it against him because "it was a long time ago", but Bryan is nothing but a famewhore/Satan incarnate, right? The Peter hype train is already exhausting me, and it's been 3 episodes. 

• Love 4

You know what I find most disturbing by this revelation, that this show has been on the air so long that Peter could have made this comment when he graduated HIGH SCHOOL. The hell? Like objectively I know it debuted in 2002 but seeing something like this just makes you realize again how long people have been watching this crazy ass franchise. 

That said, yes, I'm completely with you about the Peter hype machine. I keep saying it, that it's the only thing that makes me want Reality Steve's latest spoiler to be right. The deification of this guy who far as I can see has done nothing but be nice, kind of boring and decently good looking, is baffling. Also, this is not the only comment like this referenced by him. I read somewhere that he did like some comment two years ago on Facebook about going on The Bachelorette and being charming enough to be Final 2 and eventually become The Bachelor. 

For the record, I don't think any of this makes Peter a bad guy, just like I don't think Bryan is a bad person. It just simply speaks to what many have always said, no one comes on this weird ass show for purely genuine and honest reasons. Every single person who comes on this franchise has some bit of wanting to be on television in them, everyone. Yes, some are worse than others and some get judged harsher than others, while others are looked on as so honest and genuine. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Every single person who comes on this franchise has some bit of wanting to be on television in them, everyone. Yes, some are worse than others and some get judged harsher than others, while others are looked on as so honest and genuine. 

That's what so laughable about the Bryan and Peter thing. And we are only three episodes in. Remember Ben? Many thought on his first go around that he's this nice perfect heartthrob (to me incredibly boring). Then on his own season, it's revealed he's kind of immature, weak and not perfect at all. It happens every season because every human is flawed, yet people are still surprised every time. The same thing will happen if Peter or Bryan is the next lead. I guess less for Bryan because some people already have bad impression of him. Lol.

There was an old Facebook post of Peter that said something like he never thought he would do the Bachelorette but he might consider if it's Andi (I assume before she was announced). So it's not like this show is completely unfamiliar to him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Unfortunately it happens every season, I remember during Nick's season there was Rachel vs Vanessa and Raven vs Vanessa even today there is still people commenting how Ben should have chosen JoJo. It is the leads choice in the end after all.

Edited by roses

I have two takeaways from this Peter story. One, I really hope that person just happened to find Peter's yearbook or that it's someone who goes to his former high school or something because if they went looking for it that's kinda sad lol. Also, honestly how embarrassing that that's what Peter's future plans were!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, roses said:

Unfortunately it happens every season, I remember during Nick's season there was Rachel vs Vanessa and Raven vs Vanessa even today there is still people commenting how Ben should have chosen JoJo. It is the leads choice in the end after all.

Yeah as you get deeper into the season and particularly down to the F4, viewers become really batshit crazy and there is always the contingent of those who think the lead should have chosen someone else and feel the need to declare that all over the lead and their choice social media. However, what's crazy about the Peter and Bryan thing is we're only three episodes into the season. Bryan hasn't even had a 1 on 1 yet. And yet the Peter fanaticism has already reached epic proportions, complete with Bryan is the worse person ever and Rachel picking him will be a disgrace to herself as a black woman. It's just all really over the top and the season just started. I guess Reality Steve's spoiler switcheroo didn't help either because it made it so for the first time in awhile, viewers aren't fairly certain who the lead picked. 

• Love 1

Eh, I tend to think Peter was joking. He was a kid. If he were truly that thirsty for fame and reality tv, he could have signed up for any old trashy broadcast to get his start. Something like UPN's The Player, for instance.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And yet the Peter fanaticism has already reached epic proportions, complete with Bryan is the worse person ever and Rachel picking him will be a disgrace to herself as a black woman.

What boards is this happening on? I love me some fandom hysteria so I need to see this!

(edited)
On 6/13/2017 at 10:19 AM, truthaboutluv said:

I read somewhere that he did like some comment two years ago on Facebook about going on The Bachelorette and being charming enough to be Final 2 and eventually become The Bachelor. 

I think what I find even funnier is how much people read into Facebook and Instagram likes and what they mean.  I'm not just talking about this instance but pretty much every comment these contestants--in this case Peter since he gets a lot of attention--acknowledge. When I think of all the mindless likes I've given on Facebook to comments I agreed with, comments that made me chuckle for whatever reason, comments I disagreed with but found smart, a clever turn of phrase or information I didn't know... Let's just say I'd create a weird profile when it's really not that deep.

Even before this yearbook thing came out, some took that Facebook like and made it seem like there's some master plan to become the bachelor--like literally a plan.  The only plan is the producer's plan.  And Rachel too to some extent. They control this world. (Everything I know about this show I learned from S1 of UnREAL.)

12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, honestly how embarrassing that that's what Peter's future plans were!

But it is interesting to see how different he looked.  I wish I had improved that much from age 18 to 31. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

OK so Bryan and Eric are growing on me. I think there is no great fit for Rachel in this group and that there are so many actors in this batch.  I see how those two make the top 3. This ep they showed signs of being genuinely into rachel. Their reactions to not getting a one on one, the blimp, and the group date stood out to me (as did Kenny's but he put the nail in his own coffin).

(edited)

I believe the #1 correction to Bryan.  Peter is not radiating passion (understatement).  When she spoke with Bryan I felt her relief, welcoming him as her port in the storm.  He focused on her and wanted nothing to do with the childish, racist fueled vitriol building in the living room.   

Production set this up and shame on them.  Lee never should have been cast.  However his presence is showing her how everyone reacts to this type of conflict that surely happens in real life.   So there is that.  

Obviously the white guys are going to steer clear, they get no kudos for that.  It will be interesting to see who takes the high road and ignores Lee.  The deck looked crowded so there are a number of spectators.  LOL! 

That looked like fake blood on Kenny's (?) face.  Facial/head cuts bleed like crazy.  Blood does not coagulate quickly, nor is it ever that thick.  It should have been streaming down his face.  Anyone else notice that?  I would not put it past production to enhance the wound. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, BaileyMae said:

I could go along with the presenting Black women statement if she didn't let a man basically do a Trump style sexual molestation on her 10 mins after meeting him. 

I think the important thing to remember is that it might not have been after 10 minutes, as was shown.  Yes, it made it look like "hi, I'm Bryan," and then he moved in for a kiss.  But they could have had a long conversation prior to that, that we were not shown.

After last night's show, I do believe that Bryan is the one Rachel ends up picking.   She mentioned in one of her post show interviews that when making her final decision she had to get over the feeling that picking the "too good to be true" option was a mistake.    That she just had to go with her feelings.  When the scene of Bryan and her talking about this experience being a "fairytale" and "too good to be true" my antenna perked up.  I don't get it because he comes across as so smarmy and fake to me, but she obviously sees him differently which I suppose is as it should be.  I just hope it works out for her and he doesn't show less stellar colors in the future.

• Love 3

Bryan is very smooth but I don't see the smarmy. This whole experience is like a fairytale, being whisked away for free to exciting places, wearing evening gowns, etc. So if indeed she picked him, hope it works out for both of them in the real world. I see her having the most natural chemistry with him, as of this moment. They don't look like they are forcing a connection; both are attracted to each other, which is all I can ask for in this show really.

• Love 2
Just now, waving feather said:

Bryan is very smooth but I don't see the smarmy. This whole experience is like a fairytale, being whisked away for free to exciting places, wearing evening gowns, etc. So if indeed she picked him, hope it works out for both of them in the real world. I see her having the most natural chemistry with him, as of this moment. They don't look like they are forcing a connection; both are attracted to each other, which is all I can ask for in this show really.

I think Bryan may be one of those guys who just can't help laying on the flirtation and lines when he's interested in a woman. And I totally get why that turns off some because I'm not into those types of guys myself and usually just eyeroll the cheesy lines. But I don't think it means he's not genuine (or I should say disingenuine, to quote Peter) and isn't legitimately into Rachel. I definitely believe he is very attracted to her and she to him. Just putting it out there - whether he's F1 or not, if those two go into the Fantasy Suite, I'm not buying nothing goes down between them. Of course attraction alone is not enough to sustain a relationship. But the fact is that's the reality for any couple coming out of this show because it is not the most conventional way to get engaged to someone.

• Love 3
On 6/10/2017 at 10:50 AM, JenE4 said:

OMG!! that first guy jason I used to work with him!! LOL.  a zillion years ago he auditioned to be one of the tempters on tempation island! LOL

• Love 2

I like Bryan. I don't get smarmy like others. He's just very confident and I like confidence in a man. And he did make the strongest first impression on me as well for the prize night one.  I feel alot of passion between him and Rachel more so than the other guys.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG!! that first guy jason I used to work with him!! LOL.  a zillion years ago he auditioned to be one of the tempters on tempation island! LOL

Temptation Island was the greatest reality show ever--the original Bachelor in Paradise!

• Love 8
On 6/20/2017 at 8:44 PM, JenE4 said:

Temptation Island was the greatest reality show ever--the original Bachelor in Paradise!

he was cute enough to be on temptation island. I still have his cell number im going to call him lol.

• Love 2

Dean is getting a lot of love out there on SM. I wonder if the race for the next lead will be between him and Peter.
I know some will think Dean is too young (he is 26 now) but sometimes age is just a number. He may be more mature than Peter or some other 30+ year old guys. I would be OK with either, I like them both. I also like Will. But if they are going with top 4 only.... I do not care for Eric. Too whiny and immature for me.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/5/2017 at 0:51 PM, wonald said:

That is a common misconception. TPTB usually have a good idea who they want as the next lead before the previous season even begins. They wanted Juan Pabs even tho he was not even in the F4 so they had women in the crowd wear Juan Pabs shirts and make it seem that they scream the loudest for him in the aftershow. It's all manipulation. It's also why the first one out of the limo is usually the next lead. I know Sean was first out of the limo. TPTB know what they are doing.

That last part is untrue. At least on The Bachelor, the first one out is among the best looking. I can name the first out since Jake's season and none of them became the Bachelorette: Rozlyn Papa, Chantal O'Brien, Rachel Truehart (my theory is way off here), AshLee Frazier, Amy Long, Britt Nilsson, Lauren Bushnell, Danielle Lombard.

JPG was indeed chosen because of fan reaction (and weak competition). The show printed the t-shirts but the audience did not have to be told to scream loudest for him. If what you say is correct, TPTB would have given JPG a 1 on 1 date, and they didn't. We didn't even learn he had a daughter until well into the season. A Bachelor edit would have painted him from night one as a Devoted Single Father.

For the record, many of the women from the season have said nice things about Vanessa and Alexis (Shark Girl), a member of Rachel's supposed "squad" has flip flopped from saying how "we don't like Vanessa" in an Instagram Live video she did with Rachel, to talking about how Vanessa was always very sweet to her and she's posted many gushy and cute comments on Vanessa's Instagram about how gorgeous and amazing she is.

Right after the finale pacozero on Instagram (now pacoismynickname) posted the moment where Vanessa walks into the proposal room and Nick is literally taken aback (he takes a step backward) by how beautiful she looks. The entire "squad" follows paco but Alexis was the only one who liked the post. Despite that comment I think she's less petty than the others.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 5:44 PM, JenE4 said:

I so agree!  I loved that show.  

• Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 9:35 AM, CCee123 said:

After last night's show, I do believe that Bryan is the one Rachel ends up picking.   She mentioned in one of her post show interviews that when making her final decision she had to get over the feeling that picking the "too good to be true" option was a mistake.    That she just had to go with her feelings.  When the scene of Bryan and her talking about this experience being a "fairytale" and "too good to be true" my antenna perked up. 

I made that connection, too.  He may grown on those of us who got a bad first impression.   He is a confident, take charge man and that is compelling.