Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG why cant we get someone new?? most of these guys are not "catches" remember the original premise was a real catch, not a regular joe--I loved andrew firestones season when the women didnt even know he was the bachelor--he was adorable AND rich--a legit catch!! Even jessie palmer as a football player was possibly ok. Bob guiney--OMG so not a catch. Even Ben F who I hated, was wealthy and in that manner was a catch. I have watched since day one and would love a totally brand new person. anyone remmeber the special a zillion years ago where they profiled 4 potential bachelors????

That would be great but I can't see a legitimate catch wanting to do this show. If they have money and values then I can't see them even touching this show. More like they would run screaming. Besides a legitimate catch would not need to do this show.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

But that's a choice in real life.  This is the Bachelorverse, where common sense and logic do not coexist with attraction & lust.  And we MUST see LUST!  So it's either who's behind curtain A or curtain C.  B's not relevant. 

Not always-we haven't always seen lust or love declarations. There have been a variety of 'happy endings' here.

8 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

That would be great but I can't see a legitimate catch wanting to do this show. If they have money and values then I can't see them even touching this show. More like they would run screaming. Besides a legitimate catch would not need to do this show.

well andrew firestone did the show....Im sure they could find tons of people to audition to be the bachelor as they did years ago.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG why cant we get someone new?? most of these guys are not "catches" remember the original premise was a real catch, not a regular joe--I loved andrew firestones season when the women didnt even know he was the bachelor--he was adorable AND rich--a legit catch!! Even jessie palmer as a football player was possibly ok. Bob guiney--OMG so not a catch. Even Ben F who I hated, was wealthy and in that manner was a catch. I have watched since day one and would love a totally brand new person. anyone remmeber the special a zillion years ago where they profiled 4 potential bachelors????

Yes! Andrew's season was my favorite!

• Love 1

Fleiss will never, ever cast an unknown again.  A couple of bad seasons with Prince doggie shampoo, Dr. Travis and Matt the Brit ruined that for everyone else.   

He MIGHT cast a Z-list celebrity like Charlie O'Connell or Jesse Palmer again but never an unknown.   What's Tim Tebow up to (just kidding, I know he's playing minor league baseball).   There's that golfer that Chris Harrison loves as a fan, Kyle Stanley but golf season is still going on during filming.  If there was ever as season to dig into the Z list talent pool in Hollywood, this is it as even though Peter is so freakin beloved on Twitter and Instagram, he also has a large group of people who dislike him.

On that note, happy finale day everyone.  Its been a fun season in the thread, with the switch in the final 1 early on in the season.   Hope everyone enjoyed Rachel's journey to find tru love forever!!!

• Love 3

An unknown doesn't even have to be a HUGE catch. Just someone good looking, well-put together and charming will do. In the Australian version of the franchise, their most successful seasons were where they cast unknowns. Both unknowns (Georgia, a newscaster and Sam, a fitness guy) were regular people but both carried their seasons extremely well. They do have repeats like the US version but I thought the repeats were mostly a fail. What makes a contestant likable as a contestant may not translate well as the lead.

• Love 2

Ali Fedotowsky posted an interview with Eric today that was short but interesting. He said he was very close to Bryan (and Matt and Adam), and that Peter and Bryan did not like each other. In his words, Bryan was "more cool about it" but Peter did not like Bryan at all. He also says that he does not think Peter is ready to commit. I was surprised to hear that Eric and Bryan were close as we haven't seen too much of that, but Eric seemed like a great guy in the interview. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Ali Fedotowsky posted an interview with Eric today that was short but interesting. He said he was very close to Bryan (and Matt and Adam), and that Peter and Bryan did not like each other. In his words, Bryan was "more cool about it" but Peter did not like Bryan at all. He also says that he does not think Peter is ready to commit. I was surprised to hear that Eric and Bryan were close as we haven't seen too much of that, but Eric seemed like a great guy in the interview. 

Interesting that Eric was close to Bryan as I had only heard about his fellow Miamians, Will and Josiah.   I'm glad that he'll have support from those guys in the coming days as I have a bad feeling that social media and maybe even the press won't be too kind to him.   Setting a good tone tonight on ATFR and tomorrow on Good Morning America will go a long way to making things ok for Rachel & Bryan.  

3 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

There was a brief scene in one of the early episodes where Eric was shown talking to Bryan about his relationship with Rachel and how he felt like he didn't know where he stood with her or how she felt about him at all. Bryan was mostly just listening but I did think it was interesting Eric chose him to talk to about that. Regarding his description about Bryan in relation to the Bryan/Peter "feud", it's pretty much in line with how most of the guys have described Bryan.

That he was pretty much very chill the entire time. I think Bryan is the rare contestant who actually managed to stay sane and not let the manipulation and craziness of the show get to him. And post season, well let's just say it's clear Peter is still very much in his feelings about Bryan, if his social media likes are anything to go by. It is funny though because it makes it seem like Peter is in a one-sided feud since Bryan has yet to reciprocate the hate on social media. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

All forms of social media have way too much of an influence these days.  The show runners MUST have a lead with a built-in following, or they can't produce the show they need.  

Too much filming time would have to be spent finding out about the lead, and that is NOT what it's about.  Way too much money is at stake for them to take a risk on an unknown.  They have to be able to predict how the lead is going to act, and they have to know they'll follow the story they map out.  They can't just make them sign the contract & hope for the best. 

Every season now with a male or female lead, has to be scripted so that they find something they didn't get as just a contestant.  You can't do that with someone Bachelor Nation doesn't know.  This franchise has become a cash cow of epic proportions, and no unknown is going to put that at risk for ABC.  

Edited by leighdear
7 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I'm glad to hear that, its a shame we haven't seen that friendship.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2017 at 8:11 AM, nlkm9 said:

well andrew firestone did the show....Im sure they could find tons of people to audition to be the bachelor as they did years ago.

But that was before the show got so sleazy and with so much manufactured drama. Before all the shilling and just wanting exposure. And since no lead comes out unscathed I can't see a smart rich guy wanted to be a part of it. Not saying they could never cast a rich guy but I think most would have the sense to stay far away from it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

But that was before the show got so sleazy and with so much manufactured drama. Before all the shilling and just wanting exposure. And since no lead comes out unscathed I can't see a smart rich guy wanted to be a part of it. Not saying they could never cast a rich guy but I think most would have the sense to stay far away from it.

true but with the reach of social media, etc they could find a lot of candidates. so tired of the retreads!!

14 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I'm glad to hear that, its a shame we haven't seen that friendship.

We saw it briefly after Eric didn't get the rose at the rose ceremony.  He merely shook Peter's hand but he and Bryan gave each other a pretty good bro hug before he left.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

We saw it briefly after Eric didn't get the rose at the rose ceremony.  He merely shook Peter's hand but he and Bryan gave each other a pretty good bro hug before he left.

I noted that , yes. They are still in touch.

• Love 2

Because someone who uses the term "Forever Boo" is such a classy & sophisticated arbiter of good taste?   And I don't believe for a second that woman wants good things for Rachel.  That's snark to try & disguise her pettiness and it's just a throwaway line.  

• Love 5
On 7/27/2017 at 5:28 AM, JenE4 said:

As I mentioned before, I don't know where this fanaticism is happening; sure isn't around here. But there are ALWAYS guys that people go CRAZY over. We barely heard Juan Pablo say 3 words and they made him the Bachelor because everyone was gaga over the hot guy in the background. And people STILL go on and on about how Arie was the hottest thing since...um, toasted sliced bread, lol...or something. Every season people come out in full force that THIS will be the year they finally make Arie the Bachelor. 

And apparently it's the year! Excellent foreshadowing.