Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)
38 minutes ago, slade3 said:

After watching the latest episode, both my husband and I thought it was very clear Rachel preferred Peter. We think it has been clear from the beginning that Rachel wanted Peter. I missed a chunk of the show because I refused to watch episodes with Lee after reading about his racist tweets from 2016, but every episode we've watched showed that Rachel wanted Peter more than anyone else.

And that's why these things are so subjective because in my opinion, while admittedly Rachel really liked Peter, I wouldn't say it was clear she preferred him because I think she's practically been putty in Bryan's hands almost from day one. Rachel said she didn't want to kiss anyone on the first night and not only does she let Bryan kiss her, she lets him really go in and returns it full force and gives him the FIR so she could go on in for seconds. She turns into a giggly girl with him, complete with heart eyes. On their first one on one she couldn't stop blushing when saying how much she liked him in her ITM at the end of the date. And just in case she didn't make it clear, had to reiterate that she "really, really liked Bryan".

It's always obvious that this show is highly edited but a blatant example of this is that while many have said all Bryan and Rachel do is kiss, Rachel is saying in her ITM's that Bryan gets her and sees her for exactly who she is and accepts her and how she's never had that. Rachel was asking Bryan after their first one on one if his family would accept her. Many noted that in the original season long promo, Rachel is clearly seen saying the words she's in love in one of her ITM's and the shirt she is wearing is the one from her HTD with Bryan. That wasn't aired in Monday's episode. Maybe because it would give away who she picks. 

I don't buy that this was a season where the lead had a clear favorite. No doubt there have been seasons like that *cough* JoJo, but this isn't one of them in my opinion. I think it seemed like Rachel so preferred Peter to some because she has had to make a lot of effort with him because of the fact that he's not that into her. So at times it almost seems like she's chasing him and so that gives the impression, he's the one she prefers over everyone else. Whereas I just think Rachel probably likes a challenge and again, admittedly, I do think she genuinely liked and was attracted to Peter. I just think she had just as strong feelings for Bryan. 

Someone upthread wrote that Rachel should push for them to live in Dallas and I agree.

For what it's worth, another bit of evidence people found pointing to Bryan likely being the Final 1, is that he put his condo up for rent. 

My husband is solidly in the camp that Peter had zero interest in Rachel.

That is interesting because your husband has the benefit of a male perspective. Interestingly, Sharleen in her recaps said her fiance said the exact same thing, while she, like others gives him the benefit of the doubt and thinks he's just being cautious. Although she does think Rachel will pick Bryan and actually prefers Bryan. For what it's worth, I completely agree with your husband. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That is interesting because your husband has the benefit of a male perspective. Interestingly, Sharleen in her recaps said her fiance said the exact same thing, while she, like others gives him the benefit of the doubt and thinks he's just being cautious. Although she does think Rachel will pick Bryan and actually prefers Bryan. For what it's worth, I completely agree with your husband. 

This is very interesting. When my husband said it, he was very sure of his opinion, while I wasn't as sure about mine. I just didn't see Peter's lack of interest as strongly as others have. 

51 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And that's why these things are so subjective because in my opinion, while admittedly Rachel really liked Peter, I wouldn't say it was clear she preferred him because I think she's practically been putty in Bryan's hands almost from day one. Rachel said she didn't want to kiss anyone on the first night and not only does she let Bryan kiss her, she lets him really go in and returns it full force and gives him the FIR so she could go on in for seconds. She turns into a giggly girl with him, complete with heart eyes. On their first one on one she couldn't stop blushing when saying how much she liked him in her ITM at the end of the date. And just in case she didn't make it clear, had to reiterate that she "really, really liked Bryan".

It's always obvious that this show is highly edited but a blatant example of this is that while many have said all Bryan and Rachel do is kiss, Rachel is saying in her ITM's that Bryan gets her and sees her for exactly who she is and accepts her and how she's never had that. Rachel was asking Bryan after their first one on one if his family would accept her. Many noted that in the original season long promo, Rachel is clearly seen saying the words she's in love in one of her ITM's and the shirt she is wearing is the one from her HTD with Bryan. That wasn't aired in Monday's episode. Maybe because it would give away who she picks. 

I don't buy that this was a season where the lead had a clear favorite. No doubt there have been seasons like that *cough* JoJo, but this isn't one of them in my opinion. I think it seemed like Rachel so preferred Peter to some because she has had to make a lot of effort with him because of the fact that he's not that into her. So at times it almost seems like she's chasing him and so that gives the impression, he's the one she prefers over everyone else. Whereas I just think Rachel probably likes a challenge and again, admittedly, I do think she genuinely liked and was attracted to Peter. I just think she had just as strong feelings for Bryan. 

Good point. To me, and my husband, Rachel seems incredibly clingy with Peter. And her face seems to light up when he's just standing there. I also thought she said she could see herself with him in the first episode, or something like Peter was the kind of man she was looking for. With Bryan, I always feel as if she's enjoying his attention and accepting it because no one else is offering it to her with as much enthusiasm and confidence. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Canada said:

Blech.  Peter's so boring and weird looking.  I'm tired of the rehashing of contestants.  

I find him really unattractive on screen. And those fitting knee length shorts he likes to wear don't help. But I will say he really is a model because he looks good in still pictures. Just not in motion or when he's speaking. 

I would prefer a Dean season than a Peter season. I think it would be more entertaining even though Dean appears immature. Dean is also the most beautiful man from this season. When he smiles, his eyes legit twinkle and I think his season would be hot mess of entertainment and I would be here for it.

• Love 4

Rachel is working on her career change into Sports Entertainment. I heard her talking about it briefly on Access Hollywood and she was at many sports related events while in Miami including the Espys.

Rachel is also at Disney today. That woman doesn't work. I think it is also possible that Bryan has stopped working. I think they are both ready for Hollywood. Will be interesting to see what moves they make. Because I totally thought these were two people who would keep their 9-5s but it's not looking that way.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Venee said:

Why is no one considering that Eric may have won. Her clue was we wouldn't expect who won.  Anyone watching the show would think Bryan has this.

Other than announcing her engagement, Rachel isn't out to inform.  She's out to sell her season by saying intriguing soundbites like "it's a season of firsts" and "no one will know who won" or "slow burn."  She has no clue how it's edited or will be received online.  She has no idea how many people do and don't read spoilers. 

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought Rachel was basically Andi 2.0. and she hasn't done anything to change my mind.  She's even got the Media-focused career shift on the horizon. 

All 3 of her finals bore me, but at least I don't actively despise any of them the way I did with Nick.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

Rachel is also at Disney today. That woman doesn't work. I think it is also possible that Bryan has stopped working. I think they are both ready for Hollywood. Will be interesting to see what moves they make. Because I totally thought these were two people who would keep their 9-5s but it's not looking that way.

This is interesting along with the spoiler/spec(?) that her F1 was already thinking about dumping her as he wants to stay in the tv business.  So maybe Bryan persuaded her that they both should capitalize on their celebrity while they have it, rather than breaking up.  

5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

That is interesting because your husband has the benefit of a male perspective. Interestingly, Sharleen in her recaps said her fiance said the exact same thing, while she, like others gives him the benefit of the doubt and thinks he's just being cautious.

Reminds me of the "he's just not that into you" scene from Sex And The City:

• Love 5
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought Rachel was basically Andi 2.0. and she hasn't done anything to change my mind.  She's even got the Media-focused career shift on the horizon. 

All 3 of her finals bore me, but at least I don't actively despise any of them the way I did with Nick.  

I love Rachel, she'd be fun to hang with. I love sports, as she does. To me, she's not like Andi at all. OTOH, Peter is Ben Higgins 2.0. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Reminds me of the "he's just not that into you" scene from Sex And The City:

Ah yes, Burger, lol. I did remember that scene every time I read long posts explaining how complicated Peter just is and it absolutely doesn't mean that he's not that into Rachel. 

Just now, F. M. said:

To me, she's not like Andi at all.

Well and also, if she did pick Bryan, I feel like we have seen no signs of his being a potentially emotionally abusive and controlling ass, like one Josh Murray. The many viewers who hate Bryan and love Peter have tried to make the comparison between the two because Bryan is supposedly as smooth as Josh was, saying all the right things. But I've always said, I never bought into what Josh was selling because I thought it was obvious even during the season that there was this undertone of tension and control issues with him. Bryan seems very laid back and unbothered by the whole crazy experience. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Ah yes, Burger, lol. I did remember that scene every time I read long posts explaining how complicated Peter just is and it absolutely doesn't mean that he's not that into Rachel. 

Well and also, if she did pick Bryan, I feel like we have seen no signs of his being a potentially emotionally abusive and controlling ass, like one Josh Murray. The many viewers who hate Bryan and love Peter have tried to make the comparison between the two because Bryan is supposedly as smooth as Josh was, saying all the right things. But I've always said, I never bought into what Josh was selling because I thought it was obvious even during the season that there was this undertone of tension and control issues with him. Bryan seems very laid back and unbothered by the whole crazy experience. 

I agree. Andi admitted she fell for her type, all the while telling herself she wasn't. Andi has moved on, Josh was busy on BIP., trying to restore a very tarnished reputation.

18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I agree with you that Peter liked Rachel and I saw some Chemistry when they were together. But I think he wasn't moving  fast enough for her and Peter saw how close she and Bryan were getting. I think he doesn't want to propose only to be shot down- he is being cautious. I think he and Rachel would be good together but if she insists on Bryan, I hope he is the next bachelor. It would be good to have a handsome bachelor that women swoon over. 

If thats true, then its Rachels fault for not giving him a one-on-one date after week 2. She had a lot of guys get one on ones only to be eliminated... will, anthony, jack stone, it reminded me of Emilys season that way.  

Unfortunately, Rachel had 31 suitors, which diluted the amount of time she could spend with each man, AND, she seems to have had less private dates than previous leads. 

In week 2, rach: 1 (peter) vs jojo:1 (derek)

In week 3,, rach: 1 (anthony) vs jojo: 2(chase and james t)

In week 4, rach:  2 (dean, jack stone - eliminated on date) jojo: 1 plus 2-on1 (Luke, alex v chad)

in week 5, Rach: 1 plus 2-on-1 (Bryan, Kenny, Lee) : jojo: 2 (robby, jordan)

Week 6, Rach: 2(Eric & Will - eliminated), Jojo: 1 plus 2-on-1 (Wells- eliminated, Chase vs Derek

Week 7, Rach: 3 (Bryan, Peter, Dean), Jojo: 3 (Alex- eliminated, Jordan, Luke)

So, going into hometowns, Rachel had 10 one on ones and a 2 on one. Jojo had 10 and 2 two-on-ones, but with 5 less guys to spread them around.  

No wonder Peter feels a little neglected. He got the first and the last one on one and nothing in between.  

• Love 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, fib said:

If thats true, then its Rachels fault for not giving him a one-on-one date after week 2. She had a lot of guys get one on ones only to be eliminated... will, anthony, jack stone, it reminded me of Emilys season that way.  

Unfortunately, Rachel had 31 suitors, which diluted the amount of time she could spend with each man, AND, she seems to have had less private dates than previous leads. 

In week 4, rach:  2 (dean, jack stone - eliminated on date) jojo: 1 plus 2-on1 (Luke, alex v chad)

Week 6, Rach: 2(Eric & Will - eliminated), Jojo: 1 plus 2-on-1 (Wells- eliminated, Chase vs Derek

So, going into hometowns, Rachel had 10 one on ones and a 2 on one. Jojo had 10 and 2 two-on-ones, but with 5 less guys to spread them around.  

No wonder Peter feels a little neglected. He got the first and the last one on one and nothing in between.  

But isn't it normal that someone who has an early one on one, doesn't have one until much later because that's just kind of how the show works? Boo-hoo Peter didn't have another one on one until Episode 7 but Bryan didn't have a first one on one until Episode 5 and he got the first impression rose. She had one on ones with Anthony and Jack before Bryan.  I'm sorry but I find some of Peter's whole conversation about thinking of leaving and how hard it was to sit in the hotel and seeing other people have dates as entitled as some accused Vanessa of being last season because of how much she hated the uncertainty of the show.

But that's the crazy ass ride these people all signed up for. Frankly, after listening to one of Dean's interviews where he pretty much laid it out that Peter didn't like Bryan and how he Dean just had to be anti-Bryan too because Peter is his friend, I think all of Peter's whinging was because Bryan got the first second one on one and there was that fancy watch that had them seething. Suddenly he was questioning that he may not be the most special and favored one.

He got the first and the last one on one and nothing in between.  

He was on multiple group dates, one of which she spent time jumping him in a hot tub while the other guys just sat around waiting for them to be done. He got the rose on one of those group dates. In fact, Peter, unlike Bryan who wasn't on any date the first week, was on a date for every single week.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, fib said:

Aww, poor baby. Maybe they decided he would play along to be the next bachelor..zzzz

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

But that's the crazy ass ride these people all signed up for. Frankly, after listening to one of Dean's interviews where he pretty much laid it out that Peter didn't like Bryan and how he Dean just had to be anti-Bryan too because Peter is his friend, I think all of Peter's whinging was because Bryan got the first second one on one and there was that fancy watch that had them seething. Suddenly he was questioning that he may not be the most special and favored one.

Which interview was this that Dean said that he "had to be anti-Bryan" because of Peter? Poor little Dean can't think for himself when it comes to Bryan but has been perceptive with everything else? For a man who isn't into Rachel as you are wont to claim, Peter is showing some serious signs of jealousy toward the main competition.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

I don't doubt Peter had some jealousy, but really... 80% of viewers seem to despise Bryan so why is it suddenly that Peter is a baby who is jealous because he also doesn't like Bryan? 

Because it's Peter, me thinks.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, comosedice said:

Which interview was this that Dean said that he "had to be anti-Bryan" because of Peter? Poor little Dean can't think for himself when it comes to Bryan but has been perceptive with everything else? For a man who isn't into Rachel as you are wont to claim, Peter is showing some serious signs of jealousy toward the main competition.

He said it in this interview. 

32 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

I don't doubt Peter had some jealousy, but really... 80% of viewers seem to despise Bryan so why is it suddenly that Peter is a baby who is jealous because he also doesn't like Bryan? 

Yes but 80 % of the viewers believe Peter walks on water and Bryan is the devil because he kisses too intensely and too much and says cheesy things. That seems to be his biggest sin. Oh and chiropractor is not a real career. 

YMMV but I think the reason the Peter hate for Bryan is a bit side-eye worthy is because even in the interview above with Dean, he essentially suggests that they had no real reason to hate Bryan. He talks about Bryan being smooth with Rachel and her being blinded by that but during filming, Dean wouldn't know what went on with Bryan and Rachel. So he's forming this opinion from seeing the season as it plays out.

And aside from Dean and Peter, none of the other guys on the season as far as I can tell seemed to have an issue with Bryan. The consensus regarding Bryan seemed to be that he was chill, stayed out of any drama and was friendly enough with everyone. I know many of the guys really liked Peter as well in the interest of fairness.

But the point is the only people who seemed to have an issue with each other (excluding Lee who was just a stain on the season) are the two people who were the Final 2 and let's face it, the two men Rachel was most interested in. And honestly, the beef seems one-sided since I've never seen or heard Bryan say a thing about Peter, while we had multiple scenes of him and Dean discussing the reasons Bryan is so wrong for Rachel, one of which apparently is that he's from Miami and 37. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

Where does this percentage come from?  

I like Bryan better than Peter and I don't imagine I'm the only person.   And I think his mother was prompted to come off as "threatening" to Rachel, just like in seasons before, Claire's sister was a bitch to Juan Pablo, Dez's brother was an ass to Sean, Ashley's sister hated JP, etc, etc, etc....

Every season there's an antagonistic and critical family member at the end.  It's as predictable as the first-night drunk that winds up in the pool.  HAPPENS.EVERY.SEASON.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Where does this percentage come from?  

A rough estimate of what I've seen on here, other boards, and podcasts I listen to. So no, it's not a scientific mathematical equation but on another board I visit, I've never seen a single positive thing said about Bryan. I'm sure there are people who do like him - aka Rachel for starters. And it's not simply in comparison to Peter - people hated him called Rachel sloppy seconds, thought he was aggressive by shoving his tongue down her throat the first night, think the fact that he was on a show about being a player was sketchy, that whenever she questioned something he settled on cliches to make it all better, and finally yes, his seemingly inappropriate dependent relationship with his mother. He comes across as if his shit don't stink and I am not a fan. Congrats on being one. Such is life. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

He said it in this interview. 

Well, I'm glad I got this video evidence to show me that Dean has his own unfavorable opinion of Bryan and was not just mirroring Peter's. I would love to know what the other men thought/think of "the physician." I won't assume anything.  Does he even have any post-show friendships with any of them? Not that this matters because that wasn't why he was on the show.

3 minutes ago, comosedice said:

Well, I'm glad I got this video evidence to show me that Dean has his own unfavorable opinion of Bryan and was not just mirroring Peter's. I would love to know what the other men thought/think of "the physician." I won't assume anything.  Does he even have any post-show friendships with any of them? Not that this matters because that wasn't why he was on the show.

3 minutes ago, comosedice said:

Plus, he's not jealous or anything. Wouldn't it be funny if they work out? Like slutty Kaitlyn and her bozo? 

3 minutes ago, F. M. said:

Plus, he's not jealous or anything. Wouldn't it be funny if they work out? Like slutty Kaitlyn and her bozo? 

Shawn could not stand Nick. His body language around him was so tense. I always felt like he might pounce on him if Nick accidentally brushed up against him. That was hilarious.  I'm glad Peter isn't  showing that kind of hostility. Whether Rachel and Bryan make it work or not will not matter to me because I will stop caring as soon as Peter leaves. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, comosedice said:

I would love to know what the other men thought/think of "the physician." I won't assume anything.  Does he even have any post-show friendships with any of them? Not that this matters because that wasn't why he was on the show.

He's friends with Will and Josiah who both live in Florida. He and Alex have exchanged friendly comments on social media. Kenny, Matt and a few others who have been eliminated have all been positive about him. Matt even went as far as saying he loves Bryan. The overwhelming consensus with most of the comments is that Bryan was a chill and laid back person who people didn't really have issues with (well except for Dean and Peter). Yes some have said he is smooth but no one has said anything truly unkind about Bryan or said they disliked him. Also, every time anyone brings up the "who was the favorite in the house" test to judge some of these contestants, I always like to remind everyone that most of the guys from Andi's season loved Josh. 

For a man who isn't into Rachel as you are wont to claim, Peter is showing some serious signs of jealousy toward the main competition.

And I said before, it could just be an ego thing. He doesn't have to really be into her to enjoy knowing he's the special snowflake, until he realizes that he may not be. There seems to be some misconception that when some say they don't think Peter is as into Rachel as she is into him that we think he dislikes her or something. As I've said, I have no doubt that Peter likes Rachel and is even on some level attracted to her. I just don't think he's really into her even to the level of having a relationship with her. In my opinion, if this were real life, they would have a few dates and that'd be it because he just wasn't feeling it. That doesn't make him a bad person and I for one am not suggesting he is by simply saying it's how I've seen their relationship on the show. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)
24 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Also, every time anyone brings up the "who was the favorite in the house" test to judge some of these contestants, I always like to remind everyone that most of the guys from Andi's season loved Josh. 

Whaaaaaat? Sorry, off topic, but LOL, that is unexpected. But in a way, somehow not because most of the guys that season did not like Nick (on the show) for some unknown reason.

Anyways, I always believe that true colors will be revealed AFTER the show.

Edited by waving feather
On 7/19/2017 at 7:34 PM, slade3 said:

To me, and my husband, Rachel seems incredibly clingy with Peter. And her face seems to light up when he's just standing there. 

My face would light up too, in the aura of pretty. Cottage Grove is a tiny town, I thought as I watched this ep, thinking: "I've seen that house".....

(edited)

I agree that Peter is just not that into her.   

I loved this little scene.  At the point where a bachelor says, I love you, Peter said, I'm happy (big smile).  She replied, I'm happy too (big smile).  She already had chosen Bryan but there was a little, lingering doubt and Peter was in her mind.  In that moment, Peter was wiped away and she 100% KNEW Bryan was her man.  THAT is what made her happy.   LOL!   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, waving feather said:

Whaaaaaat? Sorry, off topic, but LOL, that is unexpected. But in a way, somehow not because most of the guys that season did not like Nick (on the show) for some unknown reason.

Anyways, I always believe that true colors will be revealed AFTER the show.

Nicks did, he was in it for fame. As long as he and Vanessa are in the limelight, no matter how small, he's good. Wait until she wants ( even though she has had the acting bug) wants to settle for a quiet life, you won't see him for dust! 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, F. M. said:

Nicks did, he was in it for fame. As long as he and Vanessa are in the limelight, no matter how small, he's good. Wait until she wants ( even though she has had the acting bug) wants to settle for a quiet life, you won't see him for dust! 

If you honestly believe that Nick is only with Vanessa because of "the fame" then you clearly have no idea how he has been dealing with his relationship as far as the media is concerned. Since the show has wrapped, Nick has done countless interviews (mostly due to DWTS) and yet the only thing that I know about his personal relationship with Vanessa is that they like to cook for each other and that he is a morning person while Vanessa is not. The reason why I know so little is because Nick barely talks about Vanessa in interviews in order to maintain a sense of privacy in the relationship. If he was in it for the fame then why would he constantly go out of his way to privatize the one thing that is keeping him relevant in the eyes of the public? That logic just doesn't make any sense.

In fact, as far as Bachelor/Bachelorette couples go, Nick and Vanessa have probably been the most low-key and least exploitive couple that I have seen out of this franchise in a long time. Unlike many former couples, Nick and Vanessa barely go out to public events together (they mainly seem to go to charity events with a red carpet here and there); and they don't do joint interviews together if they can help it. Even at the No Better You foundation when they were forced to do joint interviews and were asked about their relationship, they made sure to simply say that they've been "busy" with Nick deflecting by adding "just working on the foundation". Nick has also said on multiple occasions that he has zero desire to do any show relating to his dating/personal life in the future, clearly stating that there will be no Marriage Bootcamp or "Nick and Vanessa: Happily Ever After?" down the line. People can interpret things how ever they want but what I see is a couple who is very protective of their relationship which is evident by their unwillingness exploit it to the world, and who are in the process of forging new career paths for themselves independent from The Bachelor world/their relationship. If great opportunities come their way thanks to being on a hit television show then all power to them...but I think they've already proven that they have zero interest in exploiting their relationship in order to stay in the limelight. I give even more power to them for that. 

Edited by 1992austenlover
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, 1992austenlover said:

If you honestly believe that Nick is only with Vanessa because of "the fame" then you clearly have no idea how he has been dealing with his relationship as far as the media is concerned. Since the show has wrapped, Nick has done countless interviews (mostly due to DWTS) and yet the only thing that I know about his personal relationship with Vanessa is that they like to cook for each other and that he is a morning person while Vanessa is not. The reason why I know so little is because Nick barely talks about Vanessa in interviews in order to maintain a sense of privacy in the relationship. If he was in it for the fame then why would he constantly go out of his way to privatize the one thing that is keeping him relevant in the eyes of the public? That logic just doesn't make any sense.

In fact, as far as Bachelor/Bachelorette couples go, Nick and Vanessa have probably been the most low-key and least exploitive couple that I have seen out of this franchise in a long time. Unlike many former couples, Nick and Vanessa barely go out to public events together (they mainly seem to go to charity events with a red carpet here and there); and they don't do joint interviews together if they can help it. Even at the No Better You foundation when they were forced to do joint interviews and were asked about their relationship, they made sure to simply say that they've been "busy" with Nick deflecting by adding "just working on the foundation". Nick has also said on multiple occasions that he has zero desire to do any show relating to his dating/personal life in the future, clearly stating that there will be no Marriage Bootcamp or "Nick and Vanessa: Happily Ever After?" down the line. People can interpret things how ever they want but what I see is a couple who is very protective of their relationship which is evident by their unwillingness exploit it to the world, and who are in the process of forging new career paths for themselves independent from The Bachelor world/their relationship. If great opportunities come their way thanks to being on a hit television show then all power to them...but I think they've already proven that they have zero interest in exploiting their relationship in order to stay in the limelight. I give even more power to them for that. 

I dont have to like them, guess what, I dont..:) They were in Mexico and apparently miserable , awww

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, F. M. said:

I dont have to like them, guess what, I dont..:) They were in Mexico and apparently miserable , awww

Ah yes, the eyewitness report saying that Nick and Vanessa's body language suggested that they hate each other because they didn't talk on the plane; the same report that Nick addressed in a recent podcast where he explained that he and Vanessa don't talk to each other on planes out of fear that people like that would be listening. 

Look, you don't have to like them--that's fine, that's your prerogative. But ignorant hate is a big pet peeve of mine which is why I enjoy combatting it with facts. Just saying. ;) 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 1992austenlover said:

In fact, as far as Bachelor/Bachelorette couples go, Nick and Vanessa have probably been the most low-key and least exploitive couple that I have seen out of this franchise in a long time. Unlike many former couples, Nick and Vanessa barely go out to public events together (they mainly seem to go to charity events with a red carpet here and there); and they don't do joint interviews together if they can help it. Even at the No Better You foundation when they were forced to do joint interviews and were asked about their relationship, they made sure to simply say that they've been "busy" with Nick deflecting by adding 

Sorry, "barely go out to public events together" is not the same as "mostly going to charity events". What is "barely" because I am sure I saw them doing a red carpet event in my feed in the last 2 weeks? Three times a month? 8 times a month? Barely to me is once every 3 months. Not MY idea of "low-key" AT ALL.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, thehepburn said:

Sorry, "barely go out to public events together" is not the same as "mostly going to charity events". What is "barely" because I am sure I saw them doing a red carpet event in my feed in the last 2 weeks? Three times a month? 8 times a month? Barely to me is once every 3 months. Not MY idea of "low-key" AT ALL.

I'm comparing them to my interpretation of other couples in the past-- and Nick and Vanessa definitely do not do events 3 or 8 times a month, just saying. They did No Better You last weekend, and then the last function that they did before that was a charity event at the beginning of June and one at the beginning of May. They went to the Guardian of the Galaxy premiere and the MTV Movie awards...and they did a meet and greet in Nick's hometown in March. Look, I didn't say that they don't got out together at all  (which I'm glad about--I mean, I definitely don't want them to be a reclusive couple that don't go out and do fun things from time to time) but compared to past couples, they have been extremely low-key. Just my opinion. 

And also, I didn't mean to suggest that "barely going to public events together" and "mostly going to charity events" are mutually inclusive. I was merely giving an example of what they normally do on the odd occasion that they do attend public events together (ie. they seem to like doing charity events with some other red carpet events thrown into the mix), that's all.

ps.  My definition of 'barely' is different to yours so I'm sorry if you took offence to my usage of the term (even though it is clearly a subjective/relative word). Anyways, I get the sense that you don't really care too much about Nick and Vanessa which, again, that's fine. I'm not really trying to change anyone's minds (because, let's face it, that would be a fruitless cause to say the least)--I'm just here to shed some light on the subject. 

2 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

Ah yes, the eyewitness report saying that Nick and Vanessa's body language suggested that they hate each other because they didn't talk on the plane; the same report that Nick addressed in a recent podcast where he explained that he and Vanessa don't talk to each other on planes out of fear that people like that would be listening. 

I missed that. Is there link somewhere about it?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I missed that. Is there link somewhere about it?

A link to what? The article or the podcast? 

Actually, I wouldn't even call it an article. 'Gossip rag' is more appropriate. 

11 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Also, every time anyone brings up the "who was the favorite in the house" test to judge some of these contestants, I always like to remind everyone that most of the guys from Andi's season loved Josh. 

Lol.  Maybe. But that was also a spectacularly douchey group of guys.  Josh, Nick, Chris Soules, Bachelor Pad Marcus who "married" his BIP honey, Cody who got engaged to Michelle Money for fame after 1 date. Yech.  

Okay, so I realize that I went off topic in my defence of Nick and Vanessa so I might as well give my opinions on The Bachelorette before I get in trouble lol.

Honestly, I agree with everyone who believes that Peter is simply just not that into Rachel. I think he might be trying to convince himself that it's just the process that's hard to handle and that he might be in his head as a result...but I think there's a difference between questioning the process and questioning your feelings and I just feel like the reason why Peter has a wall up is because, deep down, he probably realizes that his feelings for Rachel just aren't strong enough for him to even consider proposing at the end of it. That's fine; it doesn't make him a bad guy--and I'm sure that he probably senses that Rachel is more into Bryan anyways which wouldn't help Peter in the feelings department. Honestly, I've already written Peter off to the point where right now I'm just looking ahead and wondering if I think he will make a decent Bachelor. I think he would probably be better than Luke Pell would've been (although I believe that a brick wall would have been a more compelling Bachelor, imo) but I'm not really sure if Peter has what it takes to actually fall in love in this environment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he's even chosen to be the lead. 

As for Bryan, though I still have my concerns about him, at this point I've just decided that I'm going to be like Rachel and just believe in what he's selling and hope for the best. He seems to genuinely have feelings for her and it's not even fair to compare her chemistry with Bryan in relation to the other guys because theirs is on a whole other level entirely. I think that Eric is a really genuine guy with real feelings for Rachel but Rachel isn't that into him in the same way that Peter isn't that into Rachel; but when I see Bryan and Rachel together, I see a level of mutual interest that is equally reciprocated on both sides--that is enough for me to root for them as far as I'm concerned.   

• Love 6
5 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

Look, you don't have to like them--that's fine, that's your prerogative. But ignorant hate is a big pet peeve of mine which is why I enjoy combatting it with facts. Just saying. ;) 

More than one person has seen them looking grumpy, maybe they are right? Camera? Annnd smiles and hugs, no camera, :( :( :( 

LOL. I'm just having fun, I just don't like Nick, and Vanessa is a jealous girl.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, F. M. said:

More than one person has seen them looking grumpy, maybe they are right? Camera? Annnd smiles and hugs, no camera, :( :( :( 

LOL. I'm just having fun, I just don't like Nick, and Vanessa is a jealous girl.

No one really knows the true nature of their relationship because they try their best to keep it that way. How many couples put on a happy face in public but are actually miserable in private and vice versa? Everything is speculation at this point and when we think about it, it's really none of our business anyways. This whole thing started when you said that Nick was using his relationship for fame--well, I think I've proven my point that he hasn't. Will they last or not? I have no idea--only time will tell. But if they do eventually break up then it won't be because they didn't try to protect their relationship/try to have a normal relationship under abnormal circumstances. Just saying. 

21 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Dean has one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen.  (I wish he'd let his hair grow out a bit on the sides though.)

Dean is absolutely adorable, and I think he will look even better in several years. I do find Peter very attractive, love the gap tooth. Bryan does nothing for me but Rachel does seem over the moon.

to me it will be sad if she picks Bryan because Peter is not willing to follow the script and propose after a few weeks of dating.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

No one really knows the true nature of their relationship because they try their best to keep it that way. How many couples put on a happy face in public but are actually miserable in private and vice versa? Everything is speculation at this point and when we think about it, it's really none of our business anyways. This whole thing started when you said that Nick was using his relationship for fame--well, I think I've proven my point that he hasn't. Will they last or not? I have no idea--only time will tell. But if they do eventually break up then it won't be because they didn't try to protect their relationship/try to have a normal relationship under abnormal circumstances. Just saying. 

Lots of things are none of our business. But forums like this allow for speculation..:)  I'll wait, I just don't see Nick married, he didn't take acting lessons for nothing.;)

Have a good one.

1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Dean is absolutely adorable, and I think he will look even better in several years. I do find Peter very attractive, love the gap tooth. Bryan does nothing for me but Rachel does seem over the moon.

to me it will be sad if she picks Bryan because Peter is not willing to follow the script and propose after a few weeks of dating.

Peter wants to be the next  bachelor. So he's following the script.lol.

• Love 4

I always have this discussion with friends. In my opinion, when someone signs up to fall in love in front of millions each week, their life does become our business!! Now I do not believe to the point of stalking them IRL, LOL, but the rest comes with the territory!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, F. M. said:

Exactly how many F1s had no problem with the lead being interested in other women/men?

I continue to find the Vanessa hate / Raven love irrational. I've seen plenty of Instagram comments saying Raven is not only more fun/"real" but better looking as well. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but those beholders are idiots.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, F. M. said:

Lots of things are none of our business. But forums like this allow for speculation..:)  I'll wait, I just don't see Nick married, he didn't take acting lessons for nothing.;)

Nothing wrong with speculation. I just have a problem when people assume that they know exactly what is going on in someone's personal life when, in reality, we have no idea.  When I say that it's all speculation and none of our business I'm just speaking from a place of common sense. But speculate away to your heart's content. We'll just agree to disagree.