Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

I think Rachel really enjoys Eric's company and she thinks he's lots of fun, and I know they've kissed and such but, I swear, they strike me as more close friends.  Ok actually, he seems more like a younger brother (minus the kissing).

I think it will be interesting to see Eric and Rachel in the FS. Idk I just think he might be her (old) physical type, which is why she told her "girls" she was most interested in him in the beginning. I totally think she would sleep with him. I actually could see them having sex before Rachel and Peter. 

On another board I visit, there was a discussion about Eric being her true F2 but she didn't want to put him up against Bryan in the finale a few weeks backs. Not sure where the rumor came from.  I honestly didn't pay much attention to the discussion. But I can see it now. I just see nothing between Rachel and Peter. It's been awkward since the beginning between them and it's getting worse.

• Love 2

You might be right, and maybe it's because that's the way I'd feel about him if I knew him, lol.  I think he's cute and fun (as long as he doesn't open his mouth) but not my type.  Too "young."

I will say that Rachel's acting has gotten very good.  She's polishing up that TV persona nicely.  As many times as she told the guys things like "When I planned this date for us" or, "I KNEW you'd love driving this car", she just sells her new brand a little bit more to the audience.  

I also think ABC has got at least 3-4 more white lead seasons before they need a another minority lead.  They don't need a black bachelor yet, and I agree with those saying that Eric would not be chosen even if they did need one.  I will never be able to get past him screaming repeatedly at the other guys to "Get my name outta yo mouf!".  

• Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I think it will be interesting to see Eric and Rachel in the FS. Idk I just think he might be her (old) physical type, which is why she told her "girls" she was most interested in him in the beginning. I totally think she would sleep with him. I actually could see them having sex before Rachel and Peter. 

I think I read that only the Final 2 got FSD. I think it was something like after HTD the F3 met her family in Dallas because her sister who was heavily pregnant could not travel, there was a rose ceremony and one guy was eliminated and then she took the final two to Spain where the FRC took place. In one of her post-filming interviews she also quickly and vehemently dismissed sleeping with all of her F3, which I think aligns with only two getting FSD but she played the "I'm a lady, I'm not saying anything more" when it came to her Final 2. So I'm guessing she slept with them both or as I always say, there's a lot you can do that's not full penetrative sex so she did stuff with both of them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
16 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I will say that Rachel's acting has gotten very good.  She's polishing up that TV persona nicely.  As many times as she told the guys things like "When I planned this date for us" or, "I KNEW you'd love driving this car", she just sells her new brand a little bit more to the audience.  

I also think ABC has got at least 3-4 more white lead seasons before they need a another minority lead.  They don't need a black bachelor yet, and I agree with those saying that Eric would not be chosen even if they did need one.  I will never be able to get past him screaming repeatedly at the other guys to "Get my name outta yo mouf!".  

I felt that the initial stress of the situation had Eric revert back to the streets where he grew up on. I didn't even perceive that he had gone to college, to say nothing of being a college graduate.  Initially Eric was really over his head.   And yes, I also can't get out of my head what he screamed.  I think I'd always be concerned that "you can take the boy out of the neighborhood" but I don't know whether or not "you can take the neighborhood out of the boy".

• Love 2
(edited)
36 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think I read that only the Final 2 got FSD. I think it was something like after HTD the F3 met her family in Dallas because her sister who was heavily pregnant could not travel, there was a rose ceremony and one guy was eliminated and then she took the final two to Spain where the FRC took place. In one of her post-filming interviews she also quickly and vehemently dismissed sleeping with all of her F3, which I think aligns with only two getting FSD but she played the "I'm a lady, I'm not saying anything more" when it came to her Final 2. So I'm guessing she slept with them both or as I always say, there's a lot you can do that's not full penetrative sex so she did stuff with both of them. 

If that's true, then I only believe she slept with Bryan. 

17 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I felt that the initial stress of the situation had Eric revert back to the streets where he grew up on. I didn't even perceive that he had gone to college, to say nothing of being a college graduate.  Initially Eric was really over his head.   And yes, I also can't get out of my head what he screamed.  I think I'd always be concerned that "you can take the boy out of the neighborhood" but I don't know whether or not "you can take the neighborhood out of the boy".

There are so many things wrong with this statement. Eric was justifiably angry he was being targeted by a racist but not once did he get violent. He barely raised his voice. A black guy gets upset and doesn't use his inside voice and you think he's acting "street." That's absurd. 

I believe it is still true that the majority of AA in this country are raised in lower-income neighborhoods. To hold that against someone who stayed out of trouble and made it out is just...wow. Obviously, your choice, but still...wow. There is nothing "street" or "violent" about Eric. And based on his own words, he has never been those things so he didn't revert back to anything. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

There are so many things wrong with this statement. Eric was justifiably angry he was being targeted by a racist but not once did he get violent. He barely raised his voice. A black guy gets upset and doesn't use his inside voice and you think he's acting "street." That's absurd. 

I believe it is still true that the majority of AA in this country are raised in lower-income neighborhoods. To hold that against someone who stayed out of trouble and made it out is just...wow. Obviously, your choice, but still...wow. There is nothing "street" or "violent" about Eric. And based on his own words, he has never been those things so he didn't revert back to anything. 

Seriously. Some of the posts I've read on this board have turned me way off. Thank goodness I have another board where I don't have to read shitty coded comments. 

I don't see her sleeping with Peter either, or Eric for that matter. 

*It's no longer majority low income neighborhoods but most are definitely still residentially segregated, which typically means fewer resources.

• Love 7

Yeah, i dont think i would do well living 24/7 with a sadistic, sociopathic, shitshow of a misogynist racist like Lee.  I cant hold Erics reaction to that against him.  Or Kenny's.  I mean, in real life, you would just get the hell away  and that wasnt an option here if they were still interested in being on the show or dating Rachel.

I dont think he is the guy for Rachel, but I do think he makes her feel comfortable and supported, which she seems to appreciate.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

Agree.  We saw little of Diggy but I liked what I saw.  There is also Asian Blake who had to leave the first night (grandfather sick).  For some reason he imprinted on my brain.  Smart and handsome guy.  

My friend said that Asian Blake was on something and confirmed that she really did let him go . He did not find out about his grandfather until after he had already been eliminated.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

^ I totally think Peter has it in the bag too.  If he does it, they will need to cast some really interesting characters to surround him with.

I'm not feeling that they are going to go with Peter  for The Bachelor for some reason. I also think he's going to do something before the end that is going to turn people off but that's just my suspicions.

8 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Thank you for responding to the original comment so I can now forget I ever read it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, catrice2 said:

My friend said that Asian Blake was on something and confirmed that she really did let him go . He did not find out about his grandfather until after he had already been eliminated.

Oh wow!! Well...his social media behavior is not a shock now.

(edited)
9 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Fitness trainer Blake Elarbee (the other Blake) was on Ex Isle or whatever that show was with the Whaboom Lucas idiot. Former Marine and gainfully employed Blake Killpack (the "Asian Blake") had a grandfather who was ill (who apparently is okay now) and may or may not have left because of that. And thanks Show for having Blake E. and Lucas stay way past their expiration dates for no reason whatsoever as far as entertainment value is concerned.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
33 minutes ago, Losemynumber said:

"on something" what ? drugs? what do you mean?

I'm pretty sure this is just a case of poor phrasing. My assumption is the poster is referring to Blake doing an interview on some podcast (hence the "he was on something") where he stated emphatically that he was eliminated and did not find out about his grandfather until later. 

15 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Thank you.  

There's some at least culturally biased stuff going on.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, leighdear said:

Rachel isn't doing anything different than any lead on this show.  They all talk about planning dates etc.   it's an eye rolling part of the show but nothing that is particular to Rachel.  Rachel isn't polishing her brand any more or less than any lead in recent memory.   Usually I end up hating all the leads even though I was happy with them initially.  Rachel has held up well for me.  She seems more intelligent than the usual lead and doesn't rely on one or two catch phrases that are nails on the blackboard at this point in the season.  She isn't as vapid and shakllow as many of the leads. She's an accomplished young woman and I wish her well

As for Eric, I could not disagree more.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Losemynumber said:

"on something" what ? drugs? what do you mean?

Yes, as someone clarified (thank you) I meant he was on a podcast, interview, etc. and confirmed that he did not know about the family situation until after he was eliminated.  His elimination had nothing to do with his family circumstance.  As I did not personally read or listen to this information I have no idea where he shared it.  I am not even 100 percent sure she said he was "on something" (indicating to me that she either heard him or saw him) or if she read it in print 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

Not really a spoiler - more a possibility raised by someone at ABC. Interestingly, she doesn't think Peter or Bryan would make good Bachelors for similar reasons others have stated here. http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-bachelor-ben-higgins-round-two/

Except she's throwing around another round with Ben as the alternative. What's the difference between Ben and Peter? Both are bland and boring, with some decent looks. Ben had his "unlovable" story and Peter will have his fear of opening up story even though you know, he's the one who dumped the ex-girlfriend.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Based on nothing but my occasional interest in this show (I have watched all this season)....I think Rachel is really attracted to Peter. She's just hot for him. I don't think that necessarily makes him husband material. But really, if she throws him back I'm only 50 miles from Madison..."the ball is in the air!".  I think he's dreamy cute. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Based on the new preview, there is new speculation that Peter was eliminated in the FS.   This makes me so happy because I really need Rachel to sniff him out. I don't know why. I just don't like seeing her chase Peter when it's so obvious he wants to be the bachelor. And I don't want him to get the bachelor gig. Just have bryan propose and be done with it.

Also, some of the women on another board I visit always believed Eric did go to Spain.  And It looks like Rachel and Eric are shown in Spain in the new preview.  

There seems to be some confusion now on when she let Peter and Eric go. 

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2

RS said in his season spoilers that Bryan, Peter and Eric all met Rachel's family in Dallas after Dean was sent home then they jetted off to Spain and the fantasy suites.   

I don't know if we will see all three meet the family as they could just show the three fantasy suite dates in Spain and then splice the final two meet Rachel's family clips into the final episode like usual.   Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

RS said in his season spoilers that Bryan, Peter and Eric all met Rachel's family in Dallas after Dean was sent home then they jetted off to Spain and the fantasy suites.   

I don't know if we will see all three meet the family as they could just show the three fantasy suite dates in Spain and then splice the final two meet Rachel's family clips into the final episode like usual.   Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

I thought Dean was in Spain in the preview from the last episode?  Is this over soon? 

6 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I thought Dean was in Spain in the preview from the last episode?  Is this over soon? 

Dean goes out at final 4; not only do we have that from RS, he was back on social media the night of the final 4 rose ceremony in Dallas.   Plus he'd never be allowed to go to Paradise if he was final 3.

(edited)
5 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Based on the new preview, there is new speculation that Peter was eliminated in the FS.   This makes me so happy because I really need Rachel to sniff him out. I don't know why. I just don't like seeing her chase Peter when it's so obvious he wants to be the bachelor. And I don't want him to get the bachelor gig. Just have bryan propose and be done with it.

Also, some of the women on another board I visit always believed Eric did go to Spain.  And It looks like Rachel and Eric are shown in Spain in the new preview.  

There seems to be some confusion now on when she let Peter and Eric go. 

How is Rachel chasing Peter anymore than the other men? I have not watched several episodes, but what evidence do we have of this?  I don't necessarily see her chasing anyone.  She always seems to have both positive and negative comments about each of them after an interaction. 

To be fair to all the men, if they know anything about the show they know that the next Bachelor is typically chosen from someone in the cast.  I don't think he wants it any more or less than any of them. That little spoiler about some high school blurb means nothing. It is not as if he applied every year or camped out on someone's doorstep with a sign since he was in high school.  Bryan, supposedly, is a self confessed big fan of the franchise.  Do you not think he would take the Bachelor if offered (and was in some ways setting himself up for that if it didn't work out) as well well as many of the others, say Adam or Jack Stone? Do you think Rachel is not playing a part in trying to get them to "open up" for the cameras when she knows she is not keeping them?  If she is so openly preferring Bryan I think I too would start to position myself for the Bachelor gig.  It is the smart thing to do if you are into this franchise. 

If you are at a certain age, stage and mindset, who wouldn't  want to have permission to openly date and snog multiple women, get nice clothes, jet to nice locations and get invited to celebrity events?  That doesn't make them bad people, it is just what this show is or has become, especially with the instagram/shilling opportunities.  Most of the men did not even know that Rachel was the lead when they signed up or signed on, so it is not as if any of them were there specifically for her. They would be spouting the same lines if it were Raven or someone else. 

It would be crazy to put yourself and your family through this and not try to get something out of it.  I admire the people who just go back to their normal lives, but let's face it, most of them that do are the people no one was interested in. They probably would too if Tummy Tea called them.  

It also kills me when people keep saying that contestants had significant others until the show came around.  Maybe they just realized if they did not care enough for the person to deter them from coming on the show it was just as good a time as any to end it.  Also just a few months ago Rachel was in love with Nick and would have married him until she got the offer to be Bachelorette  and the pain disappeared (same with the girl Ben rejected).  Does that make them less genuine?  It is all manufactured and these people change like the wind. 

Again, I don't think it matters who is the Bachelor because most people will watch.  Ben was boring in the episode and a half I watched of him.  My guess is Peter would be the same but I am not going to actively root against him when he is no different than the rest of the people that go on this show. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 6

^ She has shown more patience with Peter and his refusal to open up than any other contestant. She has been quick to cut other men that don't do/say what she wants, but not Peter.  Further, there has been no progress in their relationship since their first date and he is still around, unlike Anthony. Also, she is typically the one who initiates the kisses between them. She pulled him to the hot tub one episode and was on top of him the entire time. And his body language whenever they are kissing indicates lack of interest to me when compared to the other men;he often fails to wrap both arms around her when they are kisssing.  He is not romantically interested. All JMO of course.

• Love 4

^ She has shown more patience with Peter and his refusal to open up than any other contestant. She has been quick to cut other men that don't do/say what she wants, but not Peter.  Further, there has been no progress in their relationship since their first date and he is still around, unlike Anthony. Also, she is typically the one who initiates the kisses between them. She pulled him to the hot tub one episode and was on top of him the entire time. And his body language whenever they are kissing indicates lack of interest to me when compared to the other men;he often fails to wrap both arms around her when they are kisssing.  He is not romantically interested. All JMO of course.

How is Peter not opening up? That has never been a complaint about him and there is good reason for that. He has opened up. That man confessed to seeking therapy after a bad break up, he told her if he had reservations he would not propose, he admitted to leaving his ex broken and still feels guilt about it. If anything, Peter has been pretty candid with Rachel. I understand some might not like him but saying he's not opening up has no truth to it. I would love to hear what progress has been made with Bryan. They started out kissing and are still doing that. Their conversations have been flirtatious but void of substance. Where is the progress there? Bryan has been fortunate to not have the kind of questions the others have because Rachel has given him no room to second guess her feelings for him. She got them matching, expensive jewelry that they are still wearing after the show. Which of the other three has she done anything remotely like that for? None. I would love if one of the other men complimented her and Bryan on their watches and simply say "how nice and coupley" so she knows that they know that she has already made her choice. That should shut her down from prodding them for any love declarations and they can just enjoy Europe and wait for the end.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, comosedice said:

I would love if one of the other men complimented her and Bryan on their watches and simply say "how nice and coupley" so she knows that they know that she has already made her choice. That should shut her down from prodding them for any love declarations and they can just enjoy Europe and wait for the end.

This.  I would love it if the remaining three men could just hang out in Europe for awhile.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, comosedice said:

How is Peter not opening up? That has never been a complaint about him and there is good reason for that. He has opened up. That man confessed to seeking therapy after a bad break up, he told her if he had reservations he would not propose, he admitted to leaving his ex broken and still feels guilt about it. If anything, Peter has been pretty candid with Rachel. I understand some might not like him but saying he's not opening up has no truth to it. I would love to hear what progress has been made with Bryan. They started out kissing and are still doing that. Their conversations have been flirtatious but void of substance. Where is the progress there? Bryan has been fortunate to not have the kind of questions the others have because Rachel has given him no room to second guess her feelings for him. She got them matching, expensive jewelry that they are still wearing after the show. Which of the other three has she done anything remotely like that for? None. I would love if one of the other men complimented her and Bryan on their watches and simply say "how nice and coupley" so she knows that they know that she has already made her choice. That should shut her down from prodding them for any love declarations and they can just enjoy Europe and wait for the end.

I can't comment on who is authentic and who is not on this show. I only really saw their first date and it seemed to me he opened up a lot about himself...willing to move, therapy, talked a little about the parents. It seems like last night she may have said something about his "being right there" all this time.  Not sure if he has not been on many other dates or not, even if he had not clearly she still felt they had a connection either from the first date, or what little time they had since then.   I read something about disappearing for over 3 hours with him.   I am also not sure who else she cut because they would not open up. I remember Fred leaving because of their whole back story, of course the Demario,Blake, Whaboom, read about Will not being physically attentive and not sure about why some of the others were let go. 

Other than Bryan I don't recall thinking any of the men seem to be that physically interested in Rachel.  I really can't judge them for that.  You are on national television with cameras around and you know your family is going to see this.  Not to mention that typically you know the lead has just locked lips or gyrated on other men.  That actually would not make me feel that romantic and probably would influence how I related to the person.  Of course that is part of the show, but I think some people think going into it that certain things won't be a problem, but reality is totally different.  I also think that for some reason the men felt like leading with the physical was not the way to succeed with her and a lot of them held back.  Maybe from her profession, her dad's profession or something they had read....but clearly that was opposite from what she likes which is why Bryan is the favorite. 

Rachel seems to be the aggressor to me in a lot of the interactions with everyone except Bryan so I don't think it is specific to Peter, but I didn't see every episode.  It is funny how we all interpret things differently and we all have those that just get on our nerves for different reasons.  Even though I am sure production picked up the cost, I don't buy things for men, especially not early in a relationship or until we are in a committed relationship.   If I am going to spoil or take care of them,it is not going to be with material things. 

Edited by catrice2
cleaning up some talk to text...why bother?
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I would love if one of the other men complimented her and Bryan on their watches and simply say "how nice and coupley" so she knows that they know that she has already made her choice. That should shut her down from prodding them for any love declarations and they can just enjoy Europe and wait for the end.

Yes!   Is she oblivious  to the fact that women sometimes buy men engagement watches? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, fib said:
18 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes!   Is she oblivious  to the fact that women sometimes buy men engagement watches? 

That's not my quote, its comosedice's.  That's the second time today that a quote has been incorrectly attributed to me, so I wonder if the system is wonky?

5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

That's not my quote, its comosedice's.  That's the second time today that a quote has been incorrectly attributed to me, so I wonder if the system is wonky?

I think it happens when someone quotes a comment you made in which you quoted someone else. Happened to me today. 

(edited)

I don't think Peter has really opened up. He mentioned therapy but it sounded like a rehearsed confession, as did the stuff about his ex. He's like a robot to me.

Every conversation feels like Rachel has to pull it out of him but she doesn't get upset at it like she does with the other guys i.e Dean.  Maybe it wasn't like that when they were in the hot tub for supposedly three hrs, but we only saw her on top of him kissing him.  

She also doesn't mind initiating physical contact with him but wouldn't for Will (not that she should've because I don't think he was into her either) and others. 

I just feel like Peter is skating.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1

I don't think Peter has really opened up. He mentioned therapy but it sounded like a rehearsed confession, as did the stuff about his ex. He's like a robot to me.

Every conversation feels like Rachel has to pull it out of him but she doesn't get upset at it like she does with the other guys i.e Dean.  Maybe it wasn't like that when they were in the hot tub for supposedly three hrs, but we only saw her on top of him kissing him.  

She also doesn't mind initiating physical contact with him but wouldn't for Will (not that she should've because I don't think he was into her either) and others. 

I just feel like Peter is skating.

That's too bad. I just don't see what you are seeing. He's the only one who engages her in real, substantive conversations.  Anyway, I really like Peter.  

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, comosedice said:

That's too bad. I just don't see what you are seeing. He's the only one who engages her in real, substantive conversations.  Anyway, I really like Peter.  

Maybe it is me, but they all sound rehearsed and as if they are playing different roles/characters.  Passion guy, deep guy, loyal guy, confused guy, young guy, etc. I think she initiates contact with a lot of the men, even if it is just for a hug. 
I may be confused but I thought she did mention something about not being satisfied with his answers or something or feeling like he was a risk.  Clearly she is aware something is off with him, but again, looking at who she had to choose from, the final four is not a big surprise.  Besides, she has been to Wisconsin before so maybe she figured it would be an easy comfortable hometown date even though she knows he is not the forever guy. 

I just keep telling myself that the editing is strange and that we do not see the entire conversations.  We drive ourselves speculating, but we only see what they want us to see and we can't know these people through television.  

Maybe she did not stay on top,or depending on the way the hot tub was made it may have been more comfortable for her to be on top...or it could be that she likes to be on top...or he likes it....who knows?  The producers may have arranged them in that position for camera reasons.  Didn't he have his arms around her last night?  

Peter is no more or less into Rachel than a lot of the men or any more or less manipulative and looking at the big picture.  I didn't think Anthony, Diggy, Brady? or the one complaining about his suit were either.  Sometimes that happens, one person is more into a relationship than the other. 

This show is just like how I tell my kids to view interviews...it is a two way street, just because they want you for the job doesn't mean you have to take it if you don't think it is a good fit, and you are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you.   I don't expect every contestant to actually fall for the lead or that they have to be grateful or reciprocate the lead's interest.   If any of them are there for the right reasons if they are not really interested in a future with the lead they shouldn't actively pursue a deeper connection.  I would just hang on and take advantage of the trips and free alcohol  until they realized I was still there and got rid of me.  I think I read that on Nick's season the girl that dressed up as a shark said she was never interested in him in a romantic way, and I am sure she was not the only one.  It also has been stated on this board that both Ben and Nick made it obvious whom they were going to choose and everyone knew it.  If Rachel is as obvious about Bryan that could explain a lot of the actions by the men, including Kenny...and explain why Diggy and Anthony were so low key and why Will wasn't exactly putting himself out there. 

The thing is, even if Rachel regrets her choice, or choosing one of these men at all, she will never admit it. 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. but in an interview on my local news station at the start of the season Rachel said it wasn't an instant connection and that things had to progress to get to where they are now at. Or something along those lines. This was in response to a question about her final pick. So that leaves me a little puzzled if Bryan is the guy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeyThere83 said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. but in an interview on my local news station at the start of the season Rachel said it wasn't an instant connection and that things had to progress to get to where they are now at. Or something along those lines. This was in response to a question about her final pick. So that leaves me a little puzzled if Bryan is the guy.

That's Fleiss 101, give the lead a bunch of cliches to say in the press so NOT to be obvious.   What better way to throw people off than for Rachel to say "it was a long, slow burn with my final 1" when in reality it was "I knew from the minute he got out of the limo that he'd be my husband".   

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

That's Fleiss 101, give the lead a bunch of cliches to say in the press so NOT to be obvious.   What better way to throw people off than for Rachel to say "it was a long, slow burn with my final 1" when in reality it was "I knew from the minute he got out of the limo that he'd be my husband".   

There would also be a lot of hand wringing before the final rose ceremony about how hard the decision is, but after the show the lead will suddenly change the tune of "oh yeah, I knew who my pick is night one".

• Love 3
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

There would also be a lot of hand wringing before the final rose ceremony about how hard the decision is, but after the show the lead will suddenly change the tune of "oh yeah, I knew who my pick is night one".

Yup, always a given. 

So my mistake, all of the Final 3 go to Spain. I swear I read somewhere it was only two but I checked at the consensus is that all three go to Spain. The preview after this week's episode also sort of gives that away. 

5 hours ago, HeyThere83 said:

Or Peter. She also said America will slowly fall in love with her F1 too or something like that. Cancels them both out because peter has been a favorite since day 1 and no one is falling in love with Bryan lol. The only guy she could be describing is Eric, and we know it is not him. 

(edited)

After the latest episode it had me wondering if she could have been possibly talking about Peter. The lack of the use of the word "love" and the drama of the next episode are reasons I could see her describing their relationship that way. With Bryan it seems they have been on the exact same page since day 1, no question of where he stands, etc.

ETA: This interview was before fan reaction to the guys was in place. Maybe she didn't think fans would take to Peter if it's him she's talking about. He doesn't put it all out there in the way for instance, Bryan does.

Edited by HeyThere83
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, comosedice said:

Remember, we don't know if she had substantive conversations with anyone else.  We just know what we are shown.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Remember, we don't know if she had substantive conversations with anyone else.  We just know what we are shown.

Also, I feel like on this franchise, real and substantive conversations sometimes take on a fairly shallow meaning. Because other than this past episode where Peter shared his story of dumping an ex-girlfriend but somehow still making it out about himself and his inability to open up completely, I haven't really seen these super substantive conversations he and Rachel have had. I feel like it has seemed that way simply because unlike her and Bryan, they're not shown making out 90 percent of the time. I know on the first date he mentioned going to therapy after his last breakup but he didn't really elaborate, as far as what we were shown. And then it's been a lot of back and forth between them about gap toothed kids, how Rachel likes walking around barefoot in her apartment and that she is licensed to practice in Wisconsin.

Ridiculous as Dean was with his tooth fairy question last episode, I would call discussing his mother's dying of cancer when he was just a teenager and how that devastated and affected his family and latter years, pretty real and substantive. So I disagree that we're only seeing that from Peter. What we're seeing from Peter in my opinion, is the typical Bachelorette contestant that comes onto the show and never really falls for the lead and clearly also has commitment issues. YMMV. 

Regarding what Rachel has said about her Final 1 in the media, as noted above, a lot of the stuff is the usual franchise speak to get people to watch. That said, one thing Rachel has stated repeatedly is that her Final 1 is very confident, almost too good to be true and in the end she almost sabotaged herself because she always had a habit of going after the men who were a challenge rather than the ones who had it all together. This time she didn't. In my opinion, based on what editing has shown, that sounds like Bryan. 

• Love 1

I started watching the show again after learning that Lee was sent home and I'm surprised that I no longer care if Peter is Rachel's final guy. These last two episodes, he didn't seem that interested in her. He strikes me as the type of guy who needs/wants to be 110% impressed by the woman he's dating, and even then he might dump her after learning she only flosses once a day, or something super picky like that.

I'm disappointed Bryan is probably Rachel's final pick, even though I think he's attracted to her. His comment about his mother and ex-girlfriend was a major red flag for me.

This last episode, I was really rooting for Matt and Adam. Matt, Adam and Kenny always struck me as the most genuinely interested in Rachel. Matt seemed to really want Rachel to visit his family and it made me wonder if he felt she'd see something new about him in his hometown surroundings that would make her choose him. I wondered if he felt she would love his family, or that his family would love her. He just wanted that hometown visit so much.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, slade3 said:

I started watching the show again after learning that Lee was sent home and I'm surprised that I no longer care if Peter is Rachel's final guy. These last two episodes, he didn't seem that interested in her. He strikes me as the type of guy who needs/wants to be 110% impressed by the woman he's dating, and even then he might dump her after learning she only flosses once a day, or something super picky like that.

I'm disappointed Bryan is probably Rachel's final pick, even though I think he's attracted to her. His comment about his mother and ex-girlfriend was a major red flag for me.

This last episode, I was really rooting for Matt and Adam. Matt, Adam and Kenny always struck me as the most genuinely interested in Rachel. Matt seemed to really want Rachel to visit his family and it made me wonder if he felt she'd see something new about him in his hometown surroundings that would make her choose him. I wondered if he felt she would love his family, or that his family would love her. He just wanted that hometown visit so much.

Has anyone seen the preview where his mom says something along the lines of, "If he's happy, I'm happy. If not, I'll kill you?" Fun times!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

Has anyone seen the preview where his mom says something along the lines of, "If he's happy, I'm happy. If not, I'll kill you?" Fun times!

Omg! I missed that. Wow. If she chooses Bryan, she's crazy.

7 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

Since I'm somewhat trying to avoid work, I searched out a video for you. I saw a slightly different preview on TV, but they still show that part here: http://www.eonline.com/news/866589/hometown-homicide-bryan-s-mom-threatens-to-kill-rachel-on-the-bachelorette

Thank you!

Of course editing makes it difficult to tell whether she's serious, but keeping in mind that his last girlfriend left him because of his mother...

While I think Peter is not the right choice for Rachel, I think he could be the better choice over Bryan because no one needs in-law drama.

• Love 1