Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I don't know how to share a link.  My friend sent a video of 5 of the guys being interviewed on ET or some show like that.  I deleted it already. It appeared that the interview was before they actually met Rachel.  He has a strange affect. 

So, I am new to this.  I thought I was told they could not reveal if they were engaged or not, but I couldn't get home before I saw a headline my trash news that said Rachel is engaged and she said it in a phone conference.  Is that part of their contract?    I hope this goes well for her. 

Things have changed.  They can't beat SM so they have loosened up on some things.  

Way back in the olden days of this show, the lead did use to say they were engaged. I don't know when exactly it changed but I suspect it was probably after Jason's After The Final Rose switch and Brad not picking anyone in his first season. So basically after that, even whether or not the lead ended up with someone was considered a spoiler and mystery because a lead had shown they could end up picking no one or changing their mind. So the leads started playing coy. Some people still sort of made it obvious, though maybe not outright saying they were engaged. I remember Emily alluding to the fact that she was clearly with someone during the promo for her season.

I was surprised to see the glaring headline this morning, since they've been doing the coy thing for awhile but *shrug*, whatever. I'm sure they gave her the go-ahead and this is not like having someone like Nick's as the lead, where his storyline was being dumped twice on the show, which meant there was no way they weren't going to play up the possibility of him ending alone again. So he definitely couldn't say he was engaged. Rachel's narrative is clearly very different. 

I read the clips from her media interview and she certainly sounds giddy, so good for her. Interestingly though, even while she was gushing about how amazing her fiance is and how happy she is, she is already making it clear that post show there will be no rush to marriage and more getting to know each other. Hey, so maybe Nick and Vanessa's view about these relationships post-show, wasn't so crazy. 

• Love 1

Nick, Nick, Nick. Why is it always about Nick? Jeez, I come to the Ette forum to get away from talk about his crusty ass.

My understanding is that the hinting of the ending depends on the narrative that the producers want to tell that season. On the seasons where the romance is slightly more emphasized, the lead is allowed to say that they are engaged so that the viewers will have a positive outsome to look forward to.

• Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

My understanding is that the hinting of the ending depends on the narrative that the producers want to tell that season. On the seasons where the romance is slightly more emphasized, the lead is allowed to say that they are engaged so that the viewers will have a positive outsome to look forward to.

I cannot think of the last season where a lead said they were engaged and the romance was slightly more emphasized if you will. The dearly departed Ben and Lauren is a perfect example. Even with the dual I Love You's, I think the Ben and Lauren love story was pretty well emphasized. I know many non-spoiled people called him picking her and Ben wouldn't say if he was engaged during his promo.

I don't think Sean said if he was engaged and he was the born again virgin Saint Sean. I really think this is the first time in a long time that the lead has flat out said they are engaged, especially even before one episode of the season has aired. 

As for the Nick mention, sorry not sorry that his name offends one's sensibilities so greatly but seeing as his was the most recent season, it was the most immediate reference for the point I was making, Again, sorry, not sorry.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

So does someone know which episode would be the one to watch?  Has it already been spoiled what happens in each episode?  From what has been leaked she is travelling overseas to places I am interested in. 

If this is not a "first" on the show, why is there so much criticism about her releasing that she is engaged?  I just hope he gushes as much about her. 

From what I can remember people didn't post about Nick and Vanessa wanting to wait and get to know each other more, they posted that they seemed to be admitting that they were fighting all the time and that the relationship was "difficult."  Those are two different things.  I truly don't know, but of the couples that have gotten married did anyone rush out and get married in a matter of weeks or months?   If  they are smart they will try to get to know each other better before marrying, however,  I know two couples that dated less than 3 months and have been together for years.  You never know.  As a "logical" person it just seems practical for Rachel to want to get to know the person better before getting married, just from the way she has self described .  Since there is such a short time between filming and airing, during which they have to "hide out," clearly they don't know much about each other.  

Yikes to Chris H. calling Rachel "controlling."  First she gets to be Pam Grier in a 70's movie by being the "baddest," Bachelorette..then we get her talking about being "played," and now she is controlling.  I can only imagine what the edit is going to be.  I  am sure never has a season been under as much scrutiny.  I can only imagine the execs meeting after each airing to analyze the ratings.  

So going strictly by what I'm reading on here, if they're saying the next Bachelor will be ... what was the word ... shocking? interesting ... and Eric was not the "winner," wouldn't that make sense that he could be next Bachelor? First man of color? (I think he's VERY cute).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, catrice2 said:

So does someone know which episode would be the one to watch?  Has it already been spoiled what happens in each episode?  From what has been leaked she is travelling overseas to places I am interested in. 

Reality Steve hasn't released his episode by episode spoilers yet--he tends to do so on the morning of the first episode so look for them on his site Monday;  or maybe he'll do so today when he releases what happens on the premiere episode, which he has seen via the copy that was released early to the media.

12 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Yikes to Chris H. calling Rachel "controlling."

Where did he say this?   I did some googling and nothing came up for me.  

5 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Reality Steve hasn't released his episode by episode spoilers yet--he tends to do so on the morning of the first episode so look for them on his site Monday;  or maybe he'll do so today when he releases what happens on the premiere episode, which he has seen via the copy that was released early to the media.

Here is his report on episode 1

http://realitysteve.com/2017/05/19/the-bachelorette-rachel-spoilers-episode-1-spoilers/

18 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Nick, Nick, Nick. Why is it always about Nick? Jeez, I come to the Ette forum to get away from talk about his crusty ass.

Omg, his crusty ass! LOL. I can't stomach Nicky Vile. So I'm really looking forward to seeing Rachel, who appears poised and fun. She was liked by everyone in the house, that bodes well. She didn't get along with Vanessa, because ness didnt like the connection she had with Crusty..

Roll on next Monday! I love her F2! 

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

Where did he say this?   I did some googling and nothing came up for me.  

Here is his report on episode 1

http://realitysteve.com/2017/05/19/the-bachelorette-rachel-spoilers-episode-1-spoilers/

Nick was said to be a diva, that blew over PDQ, of course now they want to throw shade on Rachel. 

And for Rachel, she’s so accomplished and smart, and she’s educated, and professional, and a lawyer. But what makes her a great lawyer, are kind of big stumbling blocks for trying to find love. She’s very controlling, and you know, she’s very methodical, and she’s very detail-oriented. But sometimes you have to take your hand off the wheel and allow love to happen. And that’s not her thing — she wants to fix it, and make it work. And I’m like, ‘You can’t make love work.’ That’s not how it goes, so that was a challenge for her.”

There was a video and article of him saying the above.  I copied and pasted the text.  Not sure if that is allowed? 

I am just afraid of "direct" turning into the "angry black woman" edit.   I am sure there was another adjective other than the "baddest" ever. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

And for Rachel, she’s so accomplished and smart, and she’s educated, and professional, and a lawyer. But what makes her a great lawyer, are kind of big stumbling blocks for trying to find love. She’s very controlling, and you know, she’s very methodical, and she’s very detail-oriented. But sometimes you have to take your hand off the wheel and allow love to happen. And that’s not her thing — she wants to fix it, and make it work. And I’m like, ‘You can’t make love work.’ That’s not how it goes, so that was a challenge for her.”

There was a video and article of him saying the above.  I copied and pasted the text.  Not sure if that is allowed? 

I am just afraid of "direct" turning into the "angry black woman" edit.   I am sure there was another adjective other than the "baddest" ever. 

I read she was a lot of fun, lots of laughter.It was also that side of her that drew Rachel to Nick. She's not needy like his choice, bonus! Plus she's older, also a bonus! 

I'm just glad, oh am I glad , she's nothing like Kaitlyn! ( shudder) 

• Love 2
(edited)

The controlling reference didn't read as negative to me. I think Rachel has admitted most of this about herself - that she is/was a little skeptical about the process and very in her head in some ways because this show is irrational in many ways. You're supposed to find the person you'll spend the rest of your life with, while dating a bunch of other people and spending a total of a few hours together.

I think controlling in this sense probably means she was trying to control the situation and her emotions when realistically you can't because once again, the nature of the show doesn't really lend itself to that. 

Reading the first episode summary, I guess that explains why Bryan was so obnoxious and smug on the Ellen group date. I saw a comparison to Peter and Bryan possibly being like Trista's season with Charlie and Ryan, where Charlie was so smooth and she had all this heat with him, while Ryan was just this nice, quiet guy. Peter did give off the almost shy and quiet vibe on the Ellen date. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
(edited)

You have to put it in context with everything else, and the perception of Rachel and the perception of her that some people want to justify.   What does "baddest" mean?  W

I am wondering if her "controlling" also extends to her deciding that she wanted to release that she was engaged. I mean, she should be able to do it on her terms and not have to play coy for weeks about the outcome. 

Sorry, ignore me. I side eye this franchise, always have. I have serious doubts and I don't have the ability to be objective about anything that they say or do.  I am not a long time viewer that just loves the "journey." In the climate we live in right now every little word is magnified.  But then again, if they do edit her as the angry woman, then she put herself out there for that.   If she is methodical and smart, she would have conducted research on how they slice and dice footage to create a narrative about people.  Other people get to be sweet, heartbroken, vulnerable, etc. She has to be "strong, bad, independent, methodical, controlling." 

Even if he meant controlling the situation, that is still controlling because that means she was trying to control either her reactions to the men, or their reactions/interactions with her. 

I hope the one thing she controls is any reference to Nick. Sure there should be a few, but please no whole season of people asking her about someone she knew for what 8 to 10 weeks?

I don't know why people are so sure she won't move.  She lived in Wisconsin before, right?  He has also lived other places and presumably should not suffer for clients in the DFW area.  Either way, the best chance for survival is if they don't move to LA or somewhere seeking fame. 

I don't know stats, but of the relationships that have survived from this show,  are they couples that were pre Instagram/Twitter, reality tv fame?   If they stay away from hawking, shilling and trying to blog or be in front of the camera they just might make it! 

Edited by catrice2
(edited)

I agree @truthaboutluv and @catrice2.  I see 'controlling' as not putting up with production requiring/forcing her into situations she finds uncomfortable or downright ridiculous.  We have often said, of the leads, I would not have allowed them to do that or why did he or she agree to that.   Good for her. 

I highly doubt she is "trying to make love work."   She is trying to make the format work for her so she can relax and find love, is my guess.  CH has a perspective that is often way off the mark.  He is the one who wants control. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, gator12 said:

The last lead who didn't let them control them was Kaitlyn and they trash her in the edit, maybe this will be different.

I don't think that was edit. My girlfriend has known her for years, what we saw was the real ( ugh) Kaitlyn.

• Love 3

I actually heard this interview because I listen to NPR all the time . It was very obvious to me that she had some type of control over some things and then she made that clear from the outset. People have to remember that she is a successful older career woman so she was not going to be quite as naive.  just reading between the lines I don't think the producers liked that.  Just like releasing that she was engaged, she's making it clear that she is going to control some things.

apparently people are already up in arms about something she said about Nick and moving on to better things in some interview. So It Begins. She is going to be the most overanalyzed picked apart Bachelorette in history. As usual with black women confidence is going to be arrogance, directness disrespect and abruptness. She is in a no-win situation. Her tone of voice facial expression and everything else is going to he criticized even more than normal for this show,    Sure she deserves criticism and analyzation that's part of going on this show but I don't think people are going to be fair about it. The words ghetto and big ego are already out there.

I honestly hope her fiance is strong enough to deal with watching the interactions she had with others. I think that's the craziest thing about the show you have to go back and watch the person you're supposed to be in love with make out with all these different men. this is not normal.  Most relationships are not that strong after eight to 12 weeks.

On a lighter note she has been looking good!  Is there a place I can see the styles from the show without actually watching it?

• Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

As usual with black women confidence is going to be arrogance, directness disrespect and abruptness.

Not just with black women. I'm white and I've gotten the same criticisms, and I know plenty of women of various ethnicities who've experienced the same thing. A lot of people just have a problem with self-possessed, confident women.

53 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Is there a place I can see the styles from the show without actually watching it?

Possessionista has got you covered.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Not just with black women. I'm white and I've gotten the same criticisms, and I know plenty of women of various ethnicities who've experienced the same thing. A lot of people just have a problem with self-possessed, confident women.

Possessionista has got you covered.

Thanks for the fashion lead!  

I think this franchise has a problem with women that they characterize as "strong."  From what I have been able to put together (and maybe it was more than this, I don't know) but Kaitlyn? and Andi?  may have been a little more forward and/or direct than previous Bachelorettes and I notice they get the worst comments whenever I see something about this show.   Maybe Bachelor nation has their own expectations about what a Bachelorette should be. My friend said she doesn't watch it as faithfully as The Bachelor, so she doesn't know why they get so much more hate than others. 

Although I agree with you that  all confident women tend to get criticism (and I never said they didn't) you are free to disagree about how it plays out for different ethnic groups.   I stand behind my opinion that it is way more magnified and typically has greater negative repercussions  and perceptions for Black women, which is why there was the #blackwomenatwork.  Never did I read so many comments that were  so true about how people are perceived and treated at work when someone else can do and say the same thing and it be a totally different perception and/or outcome....for work and in their personal lives.   It is a perception that is stereotyped across an entire group and not just individuals.   The same with the "fiery Latina," etc. 

As for the show, I got a message about my comment about Dean.  I never thought what Dean said was terrible, I just think the timing and intent were not the best.   In fact, I believe I said I thought Dean was one of only few that I found attractive. Going black and never going back is a joke that has been around for a long time, which is probably why Rachel did not take offense to it.  It just read to me as someone who was clearly going for attention, and it is typically something you joke about after you have known a person for a long time.  I don't think it makes him a bad person and I can't wait to read to see if they talk about it.  My only other thought for him was he looks young and seems like he will act young.  I am still not impressed with Bryan's sloppy seconds joke.....again, it was early in the process and the joke just did not seem like any of them knew each other well enough for it yet.....another "I want attention" type of comment. 

Wow, some of us had the reported winner pegged early on as I read back through the thread  I backed off the pick because it seemed to good to be true (and I thought producers would manipulate it so he could be the Bachelor).  I just hope he does not have a "nick" voice....I"m actually hoping no one has a Nick voice!!! 

I hope the hometown girl has a great season and my  local news updates are not too annoying.  They go crazy when  a local person is on.  

• Love 2

Jimmy Kimmel (well, his wife and assistant, after analyzing ep 1 and the guys' photos) prepicked the final three last night, and I believe he matched the above spoilers (Eric F3, Bryan F2, and Peter F1). I wonder if they read spoilers.

(edited)
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Jimmy Kimmel (well, his wife and assistant, after analyzing ep 1 and the guys' photos) prepicked the final three last night, and I believe he matched the above spoilers (Eric F3, Bryan F2, and Peter F1). I wonder if they read spoilers.

Its been suspected that either his wife or assistant reads Reality Steve as for a long time, Jimmy's "guess" is the SAME as Steve's spoilers.  Either that or Fleiss is feeding them the outcome himself.

Peter is by far the most popular spoiled final 1 in a long, long, long time.   Good for him and Rachel for finding each other on this stupid show.  Hope it works out for them and they become another Trista/Ryan, Des/Chris and Ashley/JP.

Pickings are slim for the next bachelor out of this bunch:

Byran: friends with Josh Murray;  too smarmy for alot of folks on social media last night;  can't see him being a "fan favorite".

Eric:  previews show him involved in DRAMA;  but if they want him, I guess they can edit that out as it wouldn't be the first time what is shown in the preview never makes the show

Dean: way too young and more suited to Paradise but seems right now to have the most "love" on social media

Too bad Josiah goes all cocky and doesn't make the final 4 as he has the back story to carry a season.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Byran: friends with Josh Murray;  too smarmy for alot of folks on social media last night;  can't see him being a "fan favorite".

I agree.  You can learn about someone by the company they keep. 

The preview showed someone with blood dripping down from their eye.  That was make up so there must be a challenge, at some point, where it will make sense.  Blood is not that color nor does it coagulate that quickly.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I actually heard this interview because I listen to NPR all the time . It was very obvious to me that she had some type of control over some things and then she made that clear from the outset. People have to remember that she is a successful older career woman so she was not going to be quite as naive.  just reading between the lines I don't think the producers liked that.  Just like releasing that she was engaged, she's making it clear that she is going to control some things.

apparently people are already up in arms about something she said about Nick and moving on to better things in some interview. So It Begins. She is going to be the most overanalyzed picked apart Bachelorette in history. As usual with black women confidence is going to be arrogance, directness disrespect and abruptness. She is in a no-win situation. Her tone of voice facial expression and everything else is going to he criticized even more than normal for this show,    Sure she deserves criticism and analyzation that's part of going on this show but I don't think people are going to be fair about it. The words ghetto and big ego are already out there.

I honestly hope her fiance is strong enough to deal with watching the interactions she had with others. I think that's the craziest thing about the show you have to go back and watch the person you're supposed to be in love with make out with all these different men. this is not normal.  Most relationships are not that strong after eight to 12 weeks.

On a lighter note she has been looking good!  Is there a place I can see the styles from the show without actually watching it?

My recollection is that Rachel's father is a federal judge.  If so, that's no joke.  And another very good reason for her to want to "survive" this season with her dignity intact.  I'm not saying she wouldn't want that otherwise.  But people don't tend to make it as far as the federal bench with family members who embarrass them. 

Knowing that she picked Peter made the upcoming clips even cuter. You can tell that those two are so smitten with each other- I'm excited to see them fall in love and hope that watching all this drama on this show won't affect their current relationship. 

• Love 2

So..I plan to watch at some point.  Waiting for the episode by episode review that someone posted about so that I can determine which ones  to watch.  The recap thread is not as specific as I would have liked, but it sounds like the men were funny!  I've always said if I watched it would be the Bachelorette and not the Bachelor.  

There is enough media coverage that you do not have to watch the show....it is in my British trash news (i.e. the Daily Mail) commercial clips from GMA, Extra,etc .   So far of what I have seen I stand by my earlier feeling that the men are not that attractive to me.   I also stand by Peter being the most attractive!  I can't wait to see an episode instead of a clip to see if that holds up.   Please someone tell me what his speaking voice is like.  If he is mumbling and lisping I'll die!

Something about Bryan bothers me and I have not yet viewed an episode. Apparently someone annoying got kept.

Ok, I keep seeing people say that Blake K. did not get a rose. I thought it was spoiled earlier that he had to go home because of  family issue?  Which one was it?  From the early pictures he was one of the others I thought was attractive, but did not know if he turned out to be a Jack..handsome/ok in pictures but "live" or speaking a no go! 

I hope Rachel doesn't cry a lot or look indecisive. 

Did Reality Steve give up on the episode by episode spoilers? I like to know in which order the guys are eliminated and any other upcoming drama. 

(Clearly I'm not invested enough in this franchise to actually watch with suspense.)

There was reference to them being up Monday ... but still nada.

• Love 1

I like Rachel fine, but for me right now, she's just Andi 2.0.  She has the same type of background, education, personality and vibe.  I didn't watch her last season, so that may change.  But for me, that's a good thing.  

Reality Steve says he's still sorting out who does what and when for the episode-by-episode rundowns.  I'm satisfied with him getting them online before the actual show airs, so I'm in no huge rush.  

I don't believe that the show would feature back-to-back leads that aren't white.  I definitely think the next Bachelor will Caucasian or possibly some racial mix, but not African American.  A few guys down the line, sure.  But not the next one, in my opinion.  

• Love 1

RS did put in his latest blog that the following leave in Episode 2:

DeMario is shown the door on the group date after his girlfriend shows up;  then he comes back at the group date cocktail party to beg for another chance but Rachel doesn't budge and he's gone.

Blake E--not sure how he leaves but at least we don't have to hear much more about about him;  well unless his ex that went all crazy on social media the night he appeared on "After the Final Rose" decides to spill more about him. 

So that's TWO of the guys on "After the Final Rose" that leave in episode 2.   And the other two, Dean and Eric, make hometowns so kinda interesting that two crash and burn and two go far.

RS is pretty sure that its the end of "Whaaaaboooommmmmm" in episode 2.  With the backlash Millsy and company got on Twitter Monday night about Lucas, I doubt he'll be on Paradise but who knows.  

and like leighdear, I'm fine with RS just releasing who goes home on a weekly basis.   I can see that since filming went overseas to Europe for a couple of episodes how it would be difficult to fill in what happened between South Carolina and Bryan, Dean, Peter and Eric showing back up in the US for hometowns.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

I like Rachel fine, but for me right now, she's just Andi 2.0.  She has the same type of background, education, personality and vibe.  I didn't watch her last season, so that may change.  But for me, that's a good thing.  

Reality Steve says he's still sorting out who does what and when for the episode-by-episode rundowns.  I'm satisfied with him getting them online before the actual show airs, so I'm in no huge rush.  

I don't believe that the show would feature back-to-back leads that aren't white.  I definitely think the next Bachelor will Caucasian or possibly some racial mix, but not African American.  A few guys down the line, sure.  But not the next one, in my opinion.  

Blake (left due to grandfather's illness) appeared to be a good contender from what little we saw.  I bet they bring him back for the next Bachette.  

(edited)

I am curious if anyone thinks that Rachel will go back to her regular job?  I know she is planning to for now because she was on early morning news here, but I am wondering about long term?  They also had three of her friends on

Also, how reliable is this Reality Steve? Is it possible that he has the wrong winner?  I can see the interest in Peter (if he is the winner) as a model increasing.  If he gets more modeling offers I wonder if he will still want to do what he is doing or if he will be tempted to go back to full time modeling and make money while the interest is there., which might include moving back to LA or New York.   Rachel had an interview in ESPN and she shot down the sports agent, etc. theory. Apparently she already did an internship with the NBA and some other stuff and it did not sound as if she was trying to go back to that.  She also mentioned she lived in New York. I hope not because I suspect the kiss of death for this franchise is when they keep trying to be in the public eye.  I am so hoping they don't start shilling and hawking and making any more than the contractual appearances.  

I am still trying to find out if Peter has an annoying speaking voice. My fear is that Wisconsin men have an inflection in their voice that I don't like.  Before I get hate, there are several different regional accents that I don't find attractive, and some that I do.  Seriously, I promised my friend last year that I would watch the season with her (after flaking out on Ben's season) and I couldn't do it because I could not stand to see and hear Nick speak. 

My friend tells me Reality Steve made some comment about hearing bad things about people every season and that Rachel's pick is no different.  I honestly, selfishly hope there is no dirt on him because I want him to be as nice on the inside as he is on the outside.  Truly, this is the first time I can see why someone would go through this...he is totally, totally good looking. 

Edited by catrice2
forgot end of sentence

I dont think R will quit being a lawyer like Andi bc her father is a federal judge. Also, R is older than Andi when they both did TB and more settled into her career.

I read that Peter had problems when he was modelling (bulemia or something like that?) which is how he came into being into health and fitness and personal training. I doubt he will go back to fulltime modelling.

Peter had a nice deep voice to match his looks.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Also, how reliable is this Reality Steve? Is it possible that he has the wrong winner?

He has gotten a few winners wrong in the past, but not in a long time. Last time was for Desiree's season I think, so that would be four years ago.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

I dont think R will quit being a lawyer like Andi bc her father is a federal judge. Also, R is older than Andi when they both did TB and more settled into her career.

I read that Peter had problems when he was modelling (bulemia or something like that?) which is how he came into being into health and fitness and personal training. I doubt he will go back to fulltime modelling.

Peter had a nice deep voice to match his looks.

Thank you!  Can't wait for the episode spoilers.  I think the attention they get from this franchise can change people.  I used to work for the police department and have several military friends.  Just the uniform alone would make people women chase these men and they would get attention they normally would not.  I think it is the same with this franchise. It has become so big that opportunities present themselves that they would normally not have, and they get local and sometimes national attention.  Coupled with attention from random strangers who all of a sudden find you attractive, meeting celebrities and being invited t events, I can see egos growing and people acting out of character.  It would take a very strong and mature person to not let all this get in your head.  

Everyone says she is older than the normal, so hopefully you are right and she will just want to return to her normal life.  I wonder who is going to move? 

6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He has gotten a few winners wrong in the past, but not in a long time. Last time was for Desiree's season I think, so that would be four years ago.

He also said that Kaitlyn was "single" and if she hadn't gone all stupid and released a snapchat in bed with Shawn, Steve would probably have had that ending wrong too.   Well maybe he would have changed his spoiler before the end but we don't know.  

That said, he usually is more right than wrong, especially after Desiree's season---he has said he got lazy and didn't check a source at all--so I fully expect to see Rachel get engaged to Peter at the end.

Looks like Peter has a nice little business, though only 3 people, he's at least the owner.  Good for Rachel then, going for the trophy husband.  Men have been doing it forever, so no reason why she can't have a hot honey that looks good on her arm, at her legal functions!  Since he's also a dietitian, I'll bet he cooks.  That's a plus. 

Rachel's law career can go in a lot of different directions.  Just because she's "established" in Texas doesn't mean she'll want to stay and keep doing what she's doing. 

People on this show can switch careers at the drop of a hat.  Even those that are accomplished, educated and have distinguished daddies. 

• Love 3

I hope I am putting this in the right place.  I finally saw the previews for the rest of the season on Youtube since I never saw episode descriptions.  Just going by that alone Rachel made some surprising choices.  I know they edit it heavily for drama, but I looked for faces that seemed to have made it far. 

Again, just looking at pictures and this preview  as well as some others that popped up, I am surprised that she kept Anthony.  He (as well as Eric) seem extremely boring to me.   Eric seems to live up to my previous prediction....someone who tries to appear older and wiser than he is and cannot control his emotions.  I also do not find him attractive in a manly, confident way.   I also cannot see "personal trainer" when I look at him.  Anthony just looks to be the type that is always trying to show how earnest and sincere he is.  They also showed a shot of them kissing and something about it was just a no!  I can just see both of them spouting out some inspirational lines and showing how "deep" they. 

I think Will is slightly attractive and it appears he at least gets a one on one and maybe makes it overseas. If I were on the show, that would be my goal. To travel as much as possible before I get cut.  He was cute on Ellen and seems like he would be funny. 

I have some instinctive ugh feeling to Bryan.  I don't find him attractive, but I can see why Rachel would be attracted to an older man. 

I don't know why Adam? was in so many shots....or another one I am not sure about.  They must have good conversation or she just kept them around because they were not offensive.  The latter must have made it far because he looked like he was on a date overseas.  He is the one that looks like he has a receding hairline. 

Jack- her date with him looked creepy, as was his face when she asked in the clip if he'd dated or brought home a black girl.  I've posted my thoughts on Jack before....hopefully he is gone soon. 

Have no idea why (except for drama) Lee? with the weird hair would have been kept around long enough for anything BUT drama and it appears he brings some. 

Kenny looks entertaining, but not long for the show. Not sure what is going to happen with him.  Dean's shots seem to confirm my opinion, very young, sort of good looking and it appears they have good dates.  Not final 1 material for her, but looking at what she had to choose from I can see why he lasted a while. 

Peter- not enough of him in the montage, but he seems to be in the background of several dates. Hard at this point to see a connection, but hopefully the episode by episode will reveal when (and if, still not trusting this Steve guy) the tide turned.   It also seems his beard come and his hair gets longer....oh my.  Do not, do not expect me to be objective about him.  Long hair, short hair, don't care, he is as hot as the sun.  I hope he doesn't do anything annoying or is whiny.  I get a feeling he could be a little whiny. 

I can't tell, but it looks like she is kissing Alex (one of the other few I thought was attractive) but it seems to be only one shot.  I am not even sure it is him as to me many of these guys look alike, especially from behind. as  Not sure if he is going far or not. On Ellen he seems to play the shy dumb role a little bit, with humor thrown in, but that was not long enough to really tell.  I can't get past the wild dancing on that episode.  He was too much.

I can't tell too much about Josiah.  He seemed to be in a few shots, but not enough to seem like he makes it far or for me to form a judgement.  Going on nothing, he also seems a little immature. 

Personally I think they should have cast fewer 25- 29 year old men.  Rachel needed someone as old or older than she is.  Looks are not everything, but this is not a very physically attractive bunch to me.  I am sure some people find many of them attractive. Again ,looking back at pictures from other seasons I've never thought they had the most attractive guys so in that respect I don't think this is any different.  I am also kind of turned off by the kissing technique of many of them if the previews are anything to go by.

Don't know what to make of the Rachel crying scenes.  How many weeks does the show last?  I am going to be traveling and looking for the board to update me.  Her outfits looked really nice in most of the shots, although I think they went neutral with the make up too much, and there seemed to be a ring fetish.  There were times when a pop of could have been added.  Couldn't always tell about shoes.  

On 5/26/2017 at 3:54 AM, CindyBee said:

so I fully expect to see Rachel get engaged to Peter at the end.

She has publically said that she is engaged and they are both looking forward to getting to know each other. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

She has publically said that she is engaged and they are both looking forward to getting to know each other. 

I always think it is a good idea when people get engaged for them to get to know each other...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

I always think it is a good idea when people get engaged for them to get to know each other...

On a show like this, its difficult, as we have seen not everyone makes. I wish them both the very best...

There's a line from the movie The Proposal that I think is the most accurate summation of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette experience. Ryan Reynold's character says to Sandra Bullock's character:

"Margaret, will you marry me? Because I'd like to date you."

• Love 4
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

There's a line from the movie The Proposal that I think is the most accurate summation of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette experience. Ryan Reynold's character says to Sandra Bullock's character:

"Margaret, will you marry me? Because I'd like to date you."

Yes!  Perfect.  :^)

• Love 1
On 5/23/2017 at 8:25 AM, MakeMeLaugh said:

They definitely do and I feel sorry for unspoiled viewers. He blatantly spoils the outcome (people must be catching on) just to appoint himself the "Bachelor expert" among talk show hosts. I'm surprised the network hasn't told him to stop.

Just to pile on, it used to be no big deal for the lead to admit pre-finale that he or she was engaged. That's basically the contractually obligated outcome now. Brad choosing neither one happened ten years ago. Halfway intelligent viewers should know that that scenario isn't even in play anymore.

• Love 4
(edited)

RS tweeted out the eliminations for tonight and next week.

Episode 2 sees DeMario (and gf) go home on group date;  Jamey, Blake E and Lucas are the other eliminations, thank god.

Episode 3 sees Fred eliminated on the Ellen group date;  other 3 to leave are Bryce, Brady, and Diggy.

Not sure if any of these goobers will be heading to Paradise but I guess we'll see soon as the first wave should be leaving for Mexico this week.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1