Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Say Yes

halgia
  • Start Topic

Best, or should I say most eyerolling-est part of this episode - the worst CGI deer in the world of entertainment.  But wait, that wasn't the funny part.  The funny part were all the walkers chowing down on all that digital goodness (although you couldn't tell what they were eating because it was blocked so awkwardly).  So, here's stupid me, yelling at TV zombies (that aren't real) that they are eating a deer (that isn't real).

God this show...

• Love 8

I'm fine with Michonne's breakdown, she's allowed to have hers, everyone else is having theirs. For a while now, Michonne has been the one trying to see beyond just survival mode and into looking ahead to the future. For a moment it was like that was all slipping away from her. She's not just some badass warrior chick, she's just as human as the rest of them. 

• Love 21
(edited)

Why did Richonne feel compelled to bring the CliffNoteTalkers all their new found guns???  Having your group recently armed to the teeth makes them less subordinate to the threeworders.  I would have armed everyone in my camp with the best weapons and then drove the balance down to the Thunderdome...  I had a hard time with that turn of events.

Edited by ChipBach
  • Love 8

I doubt Judith cared at all.  She was doing that squatting/maintaining eye contact thing my toddlers always did when they were taking a dump.

Judith gave the best performance of anyone in this episode.

That's what I thought, too. I kept wishing she would stand up, because it sure did look like she was filling her diaper instead of listening intently.

BTW, I can't remember, did Shane have brown eyes?

• Love 1

I'm fine with Michonne's breakdown, she's allowed to have hers, everyone else is having theirs. For a while now, Michonne has been the one trying to see beyond just survival mode and into looking ahead to the future. For a moment it was like that was all slipping away from her. She's not just some badass warrior chick, she's just as human as the rest of them. 

I agree. When she dropped her katana, I thought about Andre. She lost her little boy, and she took a chance and loved, again. And now Rick was gone. I think we've seen from Carol ( and Morgan, too, though he won't admit it) there is a limit to how much loss a person can suffer and still function.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Dobian said:

Michonne (who's in the trunk) and Rick magically make it to the top of the car when there's zombies piled all around it.

Good thing that car had a sunroof (and presumably the entire back seat folded forward in order for Michonne to get inside the car from the trunk.)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, shanndee said:

Will something actually Happen next week, or is that too much for me to hope for?

Thank you for saying what I felt through out the entire episode.  I even fast forwarded through some parts.  What a snooze fest.  I don't find Rosita or Tara at all interesting.  The new group with the lady with the weird hair do nothing for me.  Sasha is only mildly more interesting.  Do we have to wait for the final to see something interesting?

• Love 3

I've been so patient. I was OK with the first half of 7 being slow because I thought it was like a big chess match. The mid-season finale gave me hope that 7B would be more action-oriented. Now, we're back to the chess match. We're going to have to wait until the season finale for anything significant to happen. Last night, I lost all my patience. I want to see more than 1-2 characters on an episode. I want Rosita to stop involving others in her stupid schemes. My guess is that she'll be fine and Sasha won't. Daryl intervened when Rosita was being egged on by Negan, Glenn is killed. Eugene helps her make a bullet. She shoots Lucille. Eugene is taken and Olivia is killed. Can we just get rid of Rosita already? She's a menace. 

• Love 3

For the first time this season I didn't even bother to watch this episode so I am truly grateful to be able to read the comments and snark here.  Sounds like I didn't miss that much.  Well, except for the CGI deer.

• Love 2

I'm okay with getting some insight into Rick and Michonne's relationship, but I don't need an entire episode devoted to it.  Same thing with Carol, Daryl, Tara and Eugene.  If they just had to show what was going on with Dwight and Sherry's relationship in the Eugene episode, it would have played better juxtaposed against Rick/Michonne, Maggie mourning Glen, and Carol/Daryl's conversation.  It also would of saved us from episodes where the same characters have the same conversation over and over and over again.  Same thing with Rosita's anger and Tara trying to decide whether or not to tell anyone about Oceanside.

I like Sasha.  I am sorta of eh on Rosita and Tara.  However, if any or all three of these characters gets killed, then that means once again fewer characters to care about, and more idiot characters added to the SL who will get no development, and once again I will have no reason to care about them.

Rick is a freaking idiot.  You don't give the guns to the group upfront.  What did that achieve?  The garbage idiots now have the guns for nothing, they want more guns, and if Rick gives them more guns, there is no guarantee they will join the fight against Negan.  What's to stop them from saying, "Gun more.  Up up.  Fight no."

• Love 6
(edited)

I thought this would be better. I liked Michonne and Rick getting attention, but it would have been nice if they talked about their relationship a bit also. I had no problem with Rick delaying going back. He isn't the most emotionally stable person so if he needed the time then best he take it. Michonne giving up when she thought Rick was dead was very human. She was in shock and despair.

Most people who post here would apparently be the perfect emotional healthy survivors in a Zombie Apocalypse, but in real life most people are tormented and struggle when confronted with a horrific situation. 

Why was that woman talking like she learnt English yesterday? She is an adult. The Zombie Apocalypse occurred about three years ago. I don't understand why Rick gave her the guns. What if she used them to kill them? Rick used to be more suspicious of people. What happened?

I see Rosita is marching Sasha to her death. Guess, this is her ultimate revenge for Sasha taking Abraham from her. 

The show is just grinding to stay in one place so that the war with Negan will last seasons.

The grainy film was off putting. Has it always been that way?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I doubt Judith cared at all.  She was doing that squatting/maintaining eye contact thing my toddlers always did when they were taking a dump.

I kept telling my mom that Judith was taking a dump. LOL. She had that toddler taking a dump look on her face.

• Love 1

I thought Rick had noticed something helpful - I saw that "ER" written on something - only to find it's a bloody deer?! That, of course, didn't survive anyway. I suppose it's nice to have callbacks to previous episodes, but it's been so long that I don't remember what he's talking about. I also totally forgot that Maggie was pregnant. 

I missed Rosita going off on Tara, so I don't know what happened there. I did see Tara talking to little Judith. 

I must have missed more than I thought, because I don't know why they would find a stash of guns at a fair. At least they found food. 

It was slow, but no Negan, so that was good. 

2 hours ago, ChipBach said:

Why did Richonne feel compelled to bring the CliffNoteTalkers all their new found guns???  Having your group recently armed to the teeth makes them less subordinate to the threeworders.  I would have armed everyone in my camp with the best weapons and then drove the balance down to the Thunderdome...  I had a hard time with that turn of events.

They didn't hand over all the guns. Rick told them they'd kept a few guns and then made a deal to keep even more.

1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm okay with getting some insight into Rick and Michonne's relationship, but I don't need an entire episode devoted to it.  Same thing with Carol, Daryl, Tara and Eugene.  If they just had to show what was going on with Dwight and Sherry's relationship in the Eugene episode, it would have played better juxtaposed against Rick/Michonne, Maggie mourning Glen, and Carol/Daryl's conversation.  It also would of saved us from episodes where the same characters have the same conversation over and over and over again.  Same thing with Rosita's anger and Tara trying to decide whether or not to tell anyone about Oceanside.

This show has gotten to the point where they're not really giving us a fluid story anymore. It's "big episodes!" sandwiched with lots of out of place filler. 

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Why was that woman talking like she learnt English yesterday? She is an adult. The Zombie Apocalypse occurred about three years ago. I don't understand why Rick gave her the guns. What if she used them to kill them? Rick used to be more suspicious of people. What happened?

How big IS the Garpage Pail gang? Why do they need ALL the guns? Other people have to fight as well. Sixty guns isn't enough? Are there more than 60 in their group? It makes no sense and just seems like a way to extend the storyline so they can save the "epic showdown" for the finale. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

This show has gotten to the point where they're not really giving us a fluid story anymore. It's "big episodes!" sandwiched with lots of out of place filler. 

It got to that point in season 3. 

(edited)

Rick and Michonne jumped in their van and rode for days without encountering any Saviors.   No hassles, just some good old 1970ish, hippy-dippy scavenging and free love.   

Obviously, there are areas within a one- or two-day radius of Alexandria that are not plagued by Saviors, where the Saviors may have never set foot (how else a field littered with military weapons?).    Not only have the Saviors bypassed these places, but apparently the folks conscripted to scavenge for the Saviors haven't been there either. 

Someone tell me again why CDB hasn't simply fled?   The show just demonstrated that the Saviors' range appears to be quite limited.   Is the real estate in Alexandria so nice that CDB would stick around and risk getting their heads bashed in by the last surviving member of Sha-Na-Na?    When they can apparently just leave?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Rick used to be more suspicious of people. What happened?

That's what I said last week! He was more likely to be very hostile, to shoot or beat up strangers but the large mob of GPK surround him and he smiles as though he's seeing the Rapture. He looked brain damaged.

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, jenrising said:

They didn't hand over all the guns. Rick told them they'd kept a few guns and then made a deal to keep even more.

No - I got that.  My question is why honor the deal at all?  Why be honest about how many guns they found? They were basically threatened into it to begin with and then the (whateverthehelltheyare) decided to renegotiate the deal. They weren't holding the Alexandrians hostage or anything.  Once they had superior firepower, I would have said...  "Uh, no.  We're good"... or "Hey!  We found 12 guns!"...

Edited by ChipBach
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

How big IS the Garpage Pail gang? Why do they need ALL the guns? Other people have to fight as well. Sixty guns isn't enough? Are there more than 60 in their group? It makes no sense and just seems like a way to extend the storyline so they can save the "epic showdown" for the finale. 

I think Auntie Entity (the leader) said there were twice as many Garbage Pail Kids as there were guns that Rick brought, so that would mean 126 or so GPKs.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I think Auntie Entity (the leader) said there were twice as many Garbage Pail Kids as there were guns that Rick brought, so that would mean 126 or so GPKs.

Oh Good Lord, that's ridiculous if true. That MANY people who want to live in garbage and talk liked neglected toddlers???

• Love 7

There has to be more to that story.  It's not like there's any shortage of abandoned buildings and neighborhoods in this world if people are willing to put in some work to make them habitable.  If they have time to make elaborate garbage mazes, dress up walkers as horror movie monsters, and practice intricate circle dance moves, they have time to slap up some boards around a cul-de-sac to keep the walkers out so they don't have to live like rats at the dump.

Not that I really care all that much.  Of course now that I've put that out there, I've probably doomed us all to a 90-minute episode where we watch them do exactly that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Rick and Michonne jumped in their van and rode for days without encountering any Saviors.   No hassles, just some good old 1970ish, hippy-dippy scavenging and free love.   

Obviously, there are areas within a one- or two-day radius of Alexandria that are not plagued by Saviors, where the Saviors may have never set foot (how else a field littered with military weapons?).    Not only have the Saviors bypassed these places, but apparently the folks conscripted to scavenge for the Saviors haven't been there either. 

Someone tell me again why CDB hasn't simply fled?   The show just demonstrated that the Saviors' range appears to be quite limited.   Is the real estate in Alexandria so nice that CDB would stick around and risk getting their heads bashed in by the last surviving member of Sha-Na-Na?    When they can apparently just leave?

I was thinking the same thing. When they first fell into that room, and said, "I think this could be it" I thought they were going to stow people there, like Judith. I also wondered if any of Negan's lot had turned up early again, and noticed they were gone. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

What's to stop them from saying, "Gun more.  Up up.  Fight no."

This made me laugh out loud. And think again of Phil Hartman playing Frankenstein on SNL, which is pretty much how they talk.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Michonne is my favourite character on this show...I ALWAYS insisted that she was more than just some badass warrior woman.  From the very beginning, it was clear that Michonne was a woman who felt deeply and had suffered so much that she HAD to hide the caring, brilliant woman she was before the ZA away from the world she found herself in, just to survive.  It was easy to buy all of this because Danai's, who is probably the best actor on this show...made Michonne a complex character from the very beginning.

I don't know who THIS Michonne is.  Love wouldn't make Michonne giddy and 'girlish'.  It would make her even more vigilant and more determined to fight for the people she loves.  Michonne KNOWS what happens when you let your guard down.  That doesn't mean she isn't open to feelings and emotions.  She's ALWAYS been emotional.   But she wouldn't be careless.  Her shit has ALWAYS been together.  She's not like Rick'....  Let's not forget, Rick is the one who didn't want to go to Alexandria.  Michonne had to talk him into it and she was RELENTLESS.  She knew that CDB, especially Carl and Judith, needed a permanent home and she was damned if anybody was going to prevent that, even if that person was Rick. 

Does anyone else remember what happened when Michonne saw someone she loves get hurt?  I do.  When Carl was hurt, the person who 'brought her back', Michonne became a killing machine.  THAT'S Michonne.  I don't know who this person was.

I totally buy that Rick didn't give a damn what was happening back at Alexandria.  He was happy to drive and fuck because Rick is a selfish asshole.  But I don't believe that Michonne has become that kind of person.  She knows how hard won their safety is and there's no way she would leave Carl AND JUDITH(?) defenseless with a psycho roaming around.  Especially a psycho who gets a kick out of fucking with Rick.  She doesn't only remember Glenn and Abe when it's convenient. I say, BULLSHIT.

I agree with everything you said above except the bolded part. I think Rick felt like it was OK to be away from home as long as they knew what the Saviors were up to, which they did. I believe he had the walkie the Saviors lost. Thus they could keep tabs on them and know if they were headed for Alexandria. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Yes.  Go back for Carl, Judith, Enid, Aaron, and father pee.  I guess Eric would need to come, and Daryl too.  Everyone would be self sufficient except Judith.  Carol and Morgan don't want to go, Tara sucks, Rosita and Sasha have a death wish, and Eugene eats more than he's worth.   Escape with the MREs and get out of Negans dragnet.  Keep the guns and cat.  But, no.  Need war another.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

He was happy to drive and fuck because Rick is a selfish asshole. 

I have to agree with that. To me, his character will always be coloured by his histrionic rolling around on the ground after Lori's death in a "Oh, look at me! See how I grieve!" as his child, who just had to shoot his mother in the head, stands there alone.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I thought this would be better. I liked Michonne and Rick getting attention, but it would have been nice if they talked about their relationship a bit also. I had no problem with Rick delaying going back. He isn't the most emotionally stable person so if he needed the time then best he take it. Michonne giving up when she thought Rick was dead was very human. She was in shock and despair.

Most people who post here would apparently be the perfect emotional healthy survivors in a Zombie Apocalypse, but in real life most people are tormented and struggle when confronted with a horrific situation. 

I see Rosita is marching Sasha to her death. Guess, this is her ultimate revenge for Sasha taking Abraham from her. 

The show is just grinding to stay in one place so that the war with Negan will last seasons.

The grainy film was off putting. Has it always been that way?

Yes, I'm not getting this descent into some kind of backward evolution (devolution?) And I find it annoying, even more than Zeke referring to himself in the third person.

53 minutes ago, Enero said:

I think Rick felt like it was OK to be away from home as long as they knew what the Saviors were up to, which they did. I believe he had the walkie the Saviors lost. Thus they could keep tabs on them and know if they were headed for Alexandria. 

But that's kinda like counting on your in-laws to always call first before they stop by.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have to agree with that. To me, his character will always be coloured by his histrionic rolling around on the ground after Lori's death in a "Oh, look at me! See how I grieve!" as his child, who just had to shoot his mother in the head, stands there alone.

Rick learned that his wife had just given birth, was dying and his son had to shoot his wife to make sure she didn't become a zombie. I mean that's a lot to process in like 30 seconds. Not really sure that makes him weak particularly.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Dobian said:

Michonne (who's in the trunk) and Rick magically make it to the top of the car when there's zombies piled all around it.  Okay, sure.

Uh, they went up through the sun roof. Even I could make it to the roof of a car with a sun roof, and I'm not even remotely athletic.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, millennium said:

Because ASZ has solar power, fresh running water (for drinking as well as bathing and even toilet flushing and Im not talking about the pond Darryl set on fire last season), nice, solid houses and a very nice wall. It has a thriving community of generally nice people of all ages and it is their HOME. Why should they be the ones the leave? Fuck Negan! ASZ is worth defending.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, millennium said:

But that's kinda like counting on your in-laws to always call first before they stop by.

I disagree. I don't think the Saviors would go dark when deciding to pay a visit to one of the communities they're holding hostage. They're a talkative bunch. Negan would communicate about making such a visit and would certainly expect his peeps to give him a play by play of any visits they make to some of their hostile communities. They really have no reason to not communicate about it over the walkies unless they've somehow discovered that their lines of communication have been compromised, which from what we know has not been the case. 

That said, the Saviors being completely M.I.A. this episode did not fit with the narrative that has been previously set. They have been looking for Darryl, tore up houses etc. in Alexandria looking for him , it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be watching Rick and his crew like a hawk. Suspicious that he may somehow be in contact with Darryl, helping him etc. Yet in this episode Negan and his peeps were nowhere in sight.

Because ASZ has solar power, fresh running water (for drinking as well as bathing and even toilet flushing and Im not talking about the pond Darryl set on fire last season), nice, solid houses and a very nice wall. It has a thriving community of generally nice people of all ages and it is their HOME. Why should they be the ones the leave? Fuck Negan! ASZ is worth defending.

Agreed. As we've seen through the seasons a good home is hard to find. This is the first place they've been for more than two seconds. Hell yeah they should stay and try and defend it as best they can. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ChipBach said:

No - I got that.  My question is why honor the deal at all?  Why be honest about how many guns they found? They were basically threatened into it to begin with and then the (whateverthehelltheyare) decided to renegotiate the deal. They weren't holding the Alexandrians hostage or anything.  Once they had superior firepower, I would have said...  "Uh, no.  We're good"... or "Hey!  We found 12 guns!"...

They need their numbers. Assuming they can trust them to act in their own self-interest they want to arm them and have them be cannon fodd...er.....ALLIES in the fight against the Saviors. We KNOW how well Rick's plans normally turn out, but I AM looking forward to seeing Negan try to wrap his head around Jadis' speech patterns as he did around Eugene's!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Rick learned that his wife had just given birth, was dying and his son had to shoot his wife to make sure she didn't become a zombie. I mean that's a lot to process in like 30 seconds. Not really sure that makes him weak particularly.

I never said "weak"... ??  I was agreeing with mightysparrow, who called him selfish. Yeah, he was all traumatized by guilt, but his top priority should have been his son, not himself.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I agree.  I know the clip has been used for comedic purposes, but I remember watching that episode and shouting 'go to your son, you asshole' at my tv screen.  I couldn't believe how self-involved Rick was/is. 

Personally, I think Carol and Rick are the perfect couple.  They're both incredibly violent, self-involved and selfish.  They could be the super-couple of TWD.   Michonne deserves a better man than Rick Grimes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, festivus said:

But is it 'either/or'?  If Rick dies then Michonne has no hope for a future?  We know that Rick doesn't feel that way, even before he told Michonne.  Let's not forget that Michonne is Rick's third woman in how many years?  If something happened to Michonne, it's guaranteed that he'd find someone to replace her.

Michonne is a smart woman (or at least she was) and she used to be able to think and act independently.  I find it hard to believe that fucking Rick has given her a whole new lease on life.  Maybe it's because I don't think Rick's all that and, as I've said before, I think Michonne could do a LOT better.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Most people who post here would apparently be the perfect emotional healthy survivors in a Zombie Apocalypse,

Not me! I've mentioned a couple times that it's understandable that everyone in CDB is suffering from some form of PTSD, depression, anxiety and other mental turmoil. No way they wouldn't be. They're fighting a war and they were never trained as soldiers. Personally, I'd be a mess, hiding under a bed and saying, "Call me when this is over." 

5 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I know the clip has been used for comedic purposes, but I remember watching that episode and shouting 'go to your son, you asshole' at my tv screen.

I did the same! I know it was Rick's guilt at treating Lori like garbage before she died, but he's the parent and should take care of his child first. Everyone else lost people - lost a lot - and no one else carried on this way. Everyone is better parents to Judith and Carl than is Rick, who is now off joy-riding and sexing it up with Michonne, while his children... "Oh, I'm sure they're fine, right?" You give up the right to be self-centered when you have children.

7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Personally, I think Carol and Rick are the perfect couple.  They're both incredibly violent, self-involved and selfish. 

They do have a connection and "get" each other.

• Love 2

I thought the carnival scene was like a video game.  R&M drew strength from the food and the sex.  They bantered about their number of kills.  They figured out a way out after Rick overshot his goal in the brake-less car.  When Michonne dropped her sword, it was like the power was draining from her until she saw that Rick was safe, then she was back in the game.  

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I never said "weak"... ??  I was agreeing with mightysparrow, who called him selfish. Yeah, he was all traumatized by guilt, but his top priority should have been his son, not himself.

My bad. Doesn't really change much though. No one knows when a mental collapse will happen. Everyone has their breaking point.  I guess I don't see how that makes him selfish ( or weak) or anything but incredibly human and fallible.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Personally, I think Carol and Rick are the perfect couple.  They're both incredibly violent, self-involved and selfish.  They could be the super-couple of TWD.   Michonne deserves a better man than Rick Grimes.

I've thought for some time that Rick and Carol were the better match.  I wish the two of them would just take Judith and go off by themselves somewhere else.  I don't even think Carl would want to be with them, I think he'd rather just be with Michonne and the others. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I did the same! I know it was Rick's guilt at treating Lori like garbage before she died, but he's the parent and should take care of his child first. Everyone else lost people - lost a lot - and no one else carried on this way. Everyone is better parents to Judith and Carl than is Rick, who is now off joy-riding and sexing it up with Michonne, while his children... "Oh, I'm sure they're fine, right?" You give up the right to be self-centered when you have children.

So are you saying that a couple can never ever have a day or two away from the children who are in the care of others for like a weekend getaway?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

So are you saying that a couple can never ever have a day or two away from the children who are in the care of others for like a weekend getaway?

For parents who aren't in the middle of an apocalypse, living in a place where they're under attack by Wolves and zombies and where a violent, brutal gang led by a sadistic monster show up for regular visits that may include a little disembowling, kidnapping and murder, why sure! Most parents aren't dealing with that so they can take off for a weekend - even a week or two if they like! Bon voyage!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

For parents who aren't in the middle of an apocalypse, living in a place where they're under attack by Wolves and zombies and where a violent, brutal gang led by a sadistic monster show up for regular visits that may include a little disembowling, kidnapping and murder, why sure! Most parents aren't dealing with that so they can take off for a weekend - even a week or two if they like! Bon voyage!

Okay but part of what Michonne as been wanting is for Rick to see a future with a bit of hope and "normality" in this world.  It's not as though they weren't also trying to get some guns etc for exchange. Even if Rick and Michonne were there for those couple of days, they might still end up unable to protect Carl and Judith depending on circumstances

But that's just how I see it. We all see things differently

• Love 4

I've only just caught up with this season, after being highly disturbed by the season opener.  But did the show get all new writing staff this season??  Between the junkyarders, who seem to have been dropped in from another planet, characters doing things completely out of character, characters saying things that don't make sense (Rosita blaming FPP for talking her out of shooting Negan, after she had already attempted to shoot Negan), and the complete nothingness that Carol has become, I feel like I'm watching a different show.  And the constant Negan monologues.... who is JDM blowing??  I think he's had the most screen time all season.

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Boofish said:

Everyone wanted Rick to do something so he goes to do something and now everyone thinks he's a bad father

Many people can't leave their current time situation. There's no basis for Rick being a helicopter dad, fretting every second. There are no phones and Rick and others frequently have outside missions. Any obsession to know what others are doing at every moment is out the window. In a society without phones/internet, you pray for the best and just do what you have to do.

10 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Who were the people playing golf at the beginning? Rick and Michonne just happened to run into two random people playing golf? I understand the need for recreational sports during the ZA, but something as slow paced as golf is probably not the best choice. Although a nine iron does make for an excellent anti-walker weapon, as we saw in the "Beth and Daryl Go To A Country Club!" episode.

The Governor played golf. Martinez was introduced to his end with a swing of a club.

Rosita has become intolerable. Although the show hasn't presented the audience with a good explanation for Negan's vast numbers and loyalty, that aspect of his tyranny is not within Rosita's purview. Since Negan is not the Scorpion King whose minions will evaporate upon his death, her rant to Gabriel just came off as idiotic. 

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 4