Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Civil War

• Start Topic

(edited)

I hate to say this,  but Meredith is my least favorite character.  She's selfish.  She thinks only of herself, she's not that good as a parent.  The writers want to fix her up with men who are 10 on the "hot" scale, when she’s,  at best, a 3 or 4.  Never in a million years would that happen.  She also looks old, not 35 years old, but more like 50 years old.   I prefer the shows that don't feature her.

Edited by Swim mom
Spelling
13 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

I hate to say this,  but Meredith is my least favorite character.  She's selfish.  She thinks only of herself, she's not that good as a parent.  The writers want to fix her up with men who are 10 on the "hot" scale, when she’s,  at best, a 3 or 4.  Never in a million years would that happen.  She also look old, not 35 year old, but more like 50 year old.   I prefer the shows that don't feature her.

Replying in the Meredith thread.

I like Jackson so much. It kills me that the show insists on keeping him tied to April. Their living arrangement is so unnecessary. The trailer of Jackson finding his father with April is so depressing. He cannot even have this important moment to himself. Jackson will never be free of her.

Seriously, how long is Richard going to stick out that marriage to Catherine. She lacks kindness which is a quality Richard with all his flaws personifies. It is perplexing that she is Jackson's mother. He must have been raised by nannies.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 20

Still don’t understand why April was suddenly so wrapped up with wanting to be Chief of General and dissing being a Trauma attending when Trauma is her specialty. 

I loved Jackson’s defense of Richard and the history of the hospital. At least someone is speaking on what I’m seeing.  It’s just so ridiculously cheap and lazy that the characters keep talking about how “great” Dr. Minnick is, instead of actually showing us. She’s interacted with the residents less than a handful of times (on screen), but now her method is being touted as the greatest thing to happen to GSM.  It’s like they’re hoping if the characters say it enough, viewers will take the bait. 

And now that Richard has caught Arizona in the act, I hope she is called out for her hypocrisy. And not just by him, but by Jackson - who has been under the impression that Arizona is on their side, and April - who Arizona gave a hard time to, as well. 

ETA: I didn't mind Catherine when she came around sparingly. But now that she's all up in the hospital's business, she's super irritating. Go back to Boston, please. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 13

April needs to get over herself. To actually think that Jackson is jealous of her??? Loved how Jackson stood up to his mother. Catherine doesn't seem to have a d@mn about who she hurts as long as it's "good for business". 

• Love 8

I loved Jackson’s defense of Richard and the history of the hospital. At least someone is speaking on what I’m seeing.  It’s just so ridiculously cheap and lazy that the characters keep talking about how “great” Dr. Minnick is, instead of actually showing us. She’s interacted with the residents less than a handful of times (on screen), but now her method is being touted as the greatest thing to happen to GSM.  It’s like they’re hoping if the characters say it enough, viewers will take the bait. 

Yeah I found that weird. Webber doesn't seem like the type to ignore suggestion/changes to the program. I mean they could have had an consultant just tell the hospital/him and left and that would have been cheaper and less staff changes. Was this a power move by Catherine? I mean Minnick sort of bitched of how exhausting being asked by the students. Uh hello? That was what you were brought here for not for your benefit but theirs. She still comes off as needy/brittle for me to believe she's a kickass teacher/leader.

I think the reason Jackson is fighting so hard over the Webber situation is not only family loyalty (I think he misses his father and sees Webber as a second father) but because his mother's powerplay. She undercuts him at the hospital in front of everyone and yet tells him he is the administrator of the hospital. She went over his head and bypassed his authority with Minnick. I feel like it's a constant war with his mother a lot of times. And her accusing him of coasting on the Avery name, I thought in the earlier seasons he tried to make an effort not to bank on his name, even not submitting something that would have brought in line to the Harper-Avery award.

Also, what is Catherine's game?

And Alex? DeLuca doesn't owe you squat when he contacted the transplant list. He dropped the charges. You owe him more.

Oddly enough I was sucked into finding out what happened to that family with the father injured accidentally by the guy's fiance. The sister was kind of bitchy to him so easily to him (granted her father was in the OR) even though it was an accident. But wow, the boyfriend one minute was cold to him almost blaming him and then the next considerate enough to text him because he knew he cared about his dad. For some reason I wanted to know if he did text him and what was the response because I don't think that relationship is going to last.

• Love 1
On 3/3/2017 at 8:26 PM, Swim mom said:

I hate to say this,  but Meredith is my least favorite character.  She's selfish.  She thinks only of herself, she's not that good as a parent.  The writers want to fix her up with men who are 10 on the "hot" scale, when she’s,  at best, a 3 or 4.  Never in a million years would that happen.  She also looks old, not 35 years old, but more like 50 years old.   I prefer the shows that don't feature her.

Is Meredith supposed to be 35? Isn't Ellem Pompeo in her mid-late 40s? Sje

2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Still don’t understand why April was suddenly so wrapped up with wanting to be Chief of General and dissing being a Trauma attending when Trauma is her specialty. 

And now that Richard has caught Arizona in the act, I hope she is called out for her hypocrisy. And not just by him, but by Jackson - who has been under the impression that Arizona is on their side, and April - who Arizona gave a hard time to, as well. 

ETA: I didn't mind Catherine when she came around sparingly. But now that she's all up in the hospital's business, she's super irritating. Go back to Boston, please. 

I don't think Arizona dating Minnick makes her a hypocrite. She can like Minnick as a person, but still support Richard keeping his old job.

It means she has bad taste though....

• Love 6
10 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I don't have any issue with April having ambition and wanting to be Chief. It is her gullibility that annoys me. How can she honestly believe that Catherine is suddenly her biggest fan and not see that she is using her to do her dirty work?

Tonight was a good first step, but I have to believe that there is a way to Jackson to take over the Foundation and all his family's money and turf out his mother. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if that is Catherine's ultimate goal; to get him to start running everything and stop playing doctor.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
On 3/9/2017 at 6:11 PM, funnygirl said:

April flat out said it...doing the job she found that she liked it. She was good at it. There's nothing wrong with realizing that and wanting to pursue it.

and I resent merediths "you stole it". April didn't steal shit, Meredith got suspended on her own violation. April had zero to do with that. So Mer can shove her snob attitude up her ass.

Edited by moonorchid
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Court said:

April having the job was never meant to be permanent. She was the interim. She can get over it.

She's not holding any resentment over being interim. She liked the job and was good at it. She wants an opportunity. And she didn't complain about it. She did work so mer wouldn't have to yet all mer can do is fake smile and make a snide comment. Once again...mer can shove her attitude. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Is Meredith supposed to be 35? Isn't Ellem Pompeo in her mid-late 40s?

Meredith is younger than Ellen Pompeo. When Maggie arrived she was 30. Meredith was about 5 years older than that. Add however many years have passed in the Grey's timeline and you'll get Meredith's age. 

• Love 2

Catherine's goal seems to be to bring April to Chicago and the Avery Trauma Center (permanently). To effectuate the divorce, freeing Jackson to re-marry and/or focus on greatness? Possibly, perhaps likely. Or is Catherine looking beyond Jackson to the more ambitious April, with her similarly modest background: grooming April to act as Catherine's executive, and a kind of regent for the next Avery? And if so -- if Jackson's right -- will that be used to render Catherine entirely unsympathetic, or instead, to further define and shade an unglossy portrait of one woman and how she chooses to wield power? 

This strife within the Avery/Webber clan is the first storyline in years with some nuance and depth -- generated by who the characters are at their cores. Not crashes, crushes or crossed communications. 

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, redfish said:

I think the reason Jackson is fighting so hard over the Webber situation is not only family loyalty (I think he misses his father and sees Webber as a second father) but because his mother's powerplay. She undercuts him at the hospital in front of everyone and yet tells him he is the administrator of the hospital. She went over his head and bypassed his authority with Minnick. I feel like it's a constant war with his mother a lot of times. And her accusing him of coasting on the Avery name, I thought in the earlier seasons he tried to make an effort not to bank on his name, even not submitting something that would have brought in line to the Harper-Avery award.

I got the impression that Jackson was recognizing in her behavior towards Richard and himself whatever it was that drove his father away.  It was never really spelled out clearly, but I had always been under the impression that he couldn't handle the pressure of being an Avery.  The possibility that he was actually driven away by Catherine's unrelenting personality certainly makes all this Avery family drama orders of magnitude more interesting.

24 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Tonight was a good first step, but I have to believe that there is a way to Jackson to take over the Foundation and all his family's money turf out his mother. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if that is Catherine's ultimate goal; to get him to start running everything and stop playing doctor.

If this is all some sort of evil scheme by Catherine, I'll both be impressed and roll my eyes at how ridiculous it is.  At least it's making Jackson more interesting than he's ever been in 7 seasons on this show.

I'll never, ever like Minnick if they're just going to act like she and her method are suddenly all perfect.  It's disgusting how they've written this story. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

Meredith is younger than Ellen Pompeo. When Maggie arrived she was 30. Meredith was about 5 years older than that. Add however many years have passed in the Grey's timeline and you'll get Meredith's age. 

Yeah, but that doesn't seem to fit with the original timeline. Meredith had taken a few years (5?) before Med school, so that would have put her over 30 when the show started. And more than 5 years had passed by the time Maggie showed up.

Understanding time on this show is pointless though.

4 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I'll never, ever like Minnick if they're just going to act like she and her method are suddenly all perfect.  It's disgusting how they've written this story. 

It's so weird the way they had her method lead to a little boy dying, and then followed it up with absolutely no reaction from anybody. No one who's questioning her position is bringing this up when arguing against her? Are we supposed to think that since she cried after all is forgiven and excused?

• Love 7

I feel like the answer is simple, she's career-oriented and wanted a promotion. Why did Webber want to be chief back in the day? Why did Derek, when he was already neuro-chief?, Why did Bailey want chief of staff when she was already chief of general?  It's a career path and she wants to move up. She's not always my favorite character, but good for her for seizing opportunities that come her way and working towards more. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It's so weird the way they had her method lead to a little boy dying, and then followed it up with absolutely no reaction from anybody. No one who's questioning her position is bringing this up when arguing against her? Are we supposed to think that since she cried after all is forgiven and excused?

And the person who should have been the most concerned about it - Arizona, the peds surgeon that wasn't allowed to do anything but stand there and watch while a sports medicine surgeon and a resident fumbled their way through this surgery - ended up coddling Minnick after she ran away and apparently is now dating Minnick.

• Love 16
On Friday, March 03, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Swim mom said:

I hate to say this, but a 3-4 in the real world bagged a 10 more than once in a million years -just sayin'.  And this OLD lady managed it without the lovely charms of Meredith Grey - someone who is loved by almost everyone at SGMW...etc hospital.  If you need a show that doesn't feature her, perhaps you could select one that doesn't feature her name in the show title.

Now, if I were to choose someone to hate on (besides Minnick), it would definitely be Mama Avery.

• Love 9
On 2017-03-03 at 7:26 PM, Swim mom said:

The writers want to fix her up with men who are 10 on the "hot" scale, when she’s,  at best, a 3 or 4.  Never in a million years would that happen.  She also looks old, not 35 years old, but more like 50 years old.   I prefer the shows that don't feature her.

Considering how many shows pair average or even unattractive men with gorgeous women I'm okay with Grey's evening the score bit with Meredith.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

Considering how many shows pair average or even unattractive men with gorgeous women I'm okay with Grey's evening the score bit with Meredith.

Word! It's not her looks that make me disbelieve how enthralled Riggs is with Meredith. Ellen Pompeo is rocking it! What makes it so unbelievable is how sour Meredith is all the time. She's given zero indication that she even likes him but one rocking night with Meredith and Riggs is thinking of her all the time, badgering her  for attention, and flirting with her non stop.

I don't get the appeal for him.

• Love 16

Well, this episode definitely gave me the impression that the writers are gearing up for a Riggs/Meredith/Alex triangle with Jo being paired with DeLuca. I mean, I know this episode had Riggs and Alex fighting, but Meredith immediately mentioned Alex in every interaction with Riggs. It seemed pretty deliberate. Meanwhile, Jo randomly pops up and tells DeLuca he'll do the "right thing" like he always does. They should have just had Jo talking directly to the camera while DeLuca holds a sledgehammer.   

Yeah, they might just be teasing the MerAlex fans, but in the back of my head I feel like they're going to use the "I thought you were just a friend until I saw you with someone else." Either that or Riggs being threatened by their relationship. I doubt Riggs would be as cool as Derek with Meredith randomly jumping in another man's bed. I don't know, I just got that vibe especially since it seems like they're winding down Jo/Alex. 

So the point of this episode was to have almost everyone act like an asshole? I know that there will always be conflicts but I am not here for an hour of everyone screaming at each other and fighting. Good lord

I get that Meredith was trying to have Alex's back but without even knowing the full situation, she pulled Riggs aside and told him, "If you like me LIKE ME, then quit being a big meanie to my BFF!"

April, Jackon, Catherine, and Richard yelling at each other about the turkey fryer patient was beyond ridiculous. I wanted to tell them all to STFU and put them in time out corners. I think of all four of them, Jackson is the only one who has the full measure of Catherine. Despite April's claim that she has a brain, it's so obvious that Catherine is manipulating her but April is so happy to get any recognition or career opportunities that she's totally blind to it. Likewise, Richard has no idea the full extent of Catherine's manipulative ways, despite the fact that he knows she was behind the Minnick situation and kept it from him this whole time. Jackson is the only one who knows her true nature and unfortunately, Richard and April refuse to believe it.

Catherine is a piece of work. She is the one who created this whole situation (getting Richard demoted, replacing him with Minnick, forcing Bailey to keep Catherine's part in it a secret, etc) and now she's the one acting all innocent, blaming Jackson for getting the attendings to support Richard and telling Richard to come home. She won't even acknowledge that Richard feels betrayed by his own wife.

Meanwhile, Amelia is sneaking around the hospital hiding from her own husband and then getting snippy when he dares to ask her nosy questions like what she's doing at the hospital when she's supposed to be busy hiding from him. I'm not an Owen fan, but given what happened tonight I'd give him the edge on being the more mature of the two for now.

I am fine with Riggs and Alex having different opinions about what's best for the baby, but Riggs telling Deluca to put the kid on the donor list without telling Alex or getting the parents' permission was a dick move because it put Deluca in an awkward position.

The only person who acted like a mature adult was Edwards when she refused to go check the ER for Amelia to see if Owen was around.

The turkey fryer story annoyed me because the sister was being a grade A bitch. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT so calm the fuck down with blaming your brother's fiance. The sister was so angry that if they hadn't told us the turkey backstory, I would have assumed that the fiance had run the dad over with his truck, backed up, run him over again, beaten him with a crowbar, and then thrown him off a cliff.

7 hours ago, Pallas said:

Catherine's goal seems to be to bring April to Chicago and the Avery Trauma Center (permanently). To effectuate the divorce, freeing Jackson to re-marry and/or focus on greatness?

I am so sick of the Minnick/Webber/Avery drama, but if we eventually get rid of April then I guess I will be okay with it. I mean, I will still resent that we wasted a whole season on this stupid Minnick storyline but hey, maybe something good can come out of it!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jackson is the only one who knows her true nature and unfortunately, Richard and April refuse to believe it.

8 hours ago, Starscream said:

I got the impression that Jackson was recognizing in her behavior towards Richard and himself whatever it was that drove his father away.  It was never really spelled out clearly, but I had always been under the impression that he couldn't handle the pressure of being an Avery.  The possibility that he was actually driven away by Catherine's unrelenting personality certainly makes all this Avery family drama orders of magnitude more interesting.

In this storyline we're immersed in the whole history of the characters -- as people in the world, as people with inner lives, even -- as well as in regard to each other. Perhaps the show is willing to turn from a blunt "Woman in power = about damn time" message, and `allude to the uses of power and the forces that drive people to pursue it, and to follow those do. Jesse Williams is delivering that message beautifully.

Jackson has very quietly become the heart of the show -- a heart with a moral center. This may at least partly reflect Jesse Williams's stepping forward as a prominent and compelling activist, and if so, well, finally: that's what Shonda's keeping it personal can be for.

• Love 11

Agreed that this episode seemed to be an hour of whining and conflict and general aggravation. As has been mentioned, the accidentally burned father storyline - the part that involved the family members - was extremely tiresome! Jeez, it was an accident - an honest to goodness accident with no pre-planned intent to cause harm. I can see the daughter being pissed initially, but enough already. As bad as I felt for the fiancé, he is probably better off not being a part of that family, between the complete hostility of his future sister in law, and the inability of his future husband to stand up for him.

I have always liked Catherine a lot. I like that she's older and has been around the block and has made a good life for herself. She's intelligent and accomplished. That said...I definitely understand what everyone feels about her with this current situation. I don't know if her marriage can survive this and if it doesn't, it will be her own fault. I'm disappointed in her character. I'm wary of her relationship with April - is she truly mentoring April, or just using her, or what? Yes, April is the mother of Catherine's grandchild, and thus, the two women will always have a connection. It would be nice if that connection was genuine. We'll see, I guess. I still like Catherine and want her to not be so ruthless.

I'm glad Richard knows that Arizona has connected with Minnick. Arizona's in the hot seat now - it'll be interesting what she says or does the next time she's face to face with Richard. Good luck with that, Arizona!

Meredith and Riggs...whatever...an earlier post upthread pointed out that Meredith can barely stand to be in the same room with Riggs, and yet he is besotted with her. Please, Riggs - give it up. You deserve better - and I say that not because I'm some hardcore Riggs fan, I actually am rather neutral about him, but because I can't stand to see a person run after and pursue someone who isn't willing to reciprocate, for whatever reason. Cut your losses, Riggs, and move on. Sometimes I feel as if Meredith doesn't deserve another love interest. She's so unwilling to open herself up even the slightest. She just seems to dislike other humans in general. What does she bring to the table? Why would anyone be interested in her? Is she that outstanding a lover? Well, that's wonderful, but you need more than just amazing sex in a relationship. It would be nice to see Meredith have a spark of interest in someone else for once...to look at someone and think, "He makes me a better person and I like how that feels." And if she truly has no desire to have another partner in life, that's totally fine as well - but perhaps then find a better strategy when rebuffing someone, other than flat out hostility.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

Agreed that this episode seemed to be an hour of whining and conflict and general aggravation. As has been mentioned, the accidentally burned father storyline - the part that involved the family members - was extremely tiresome! Jeez, it was an accident - an honest to goodness accident with no pre-planned intent to cause harm. I can see the daughter being pissed initially, but enough already. As bad as I felt for the fiancé, he is probably better off not being a part of that family, between the complete hostility of his future sister in law, and the inability of his future husband to stand up for him.

I have always liked Catherine a lot. I like that she's older and has been around the block and has made a good life for herself. She's intelligent and accomplished. That said...I definitely understand what everyone feels about her with this current situation. I don't know if her marriage can survive this and if it doesn't, it will be her own fault. I'm disappointed in her character. I'm wary of her relationship with April - is she truly mentoring April, or just using her, or what? Yes, April is the mother of Catherine's grandchild, and thus, the two women will always have a connection. It would be nice if that connection was genuine. We'll see, I guess. I still like Catherine and want her to not be so ruthless.

I'm glad Richard knows that Arizona has connected with Minnick. Arizona's in the hot seat now - it'll be interesting what she says or does the next time she's face to face with Richard. Good luck with that, Arizona!

Meredith and Riggs...whatever...an earlier post upthread pointed out that Meredith can barely stand to be in the same room with Riggs, and yet he is besotted with her. Please, Riggs - give it up. You deserve better - and I say that not because I'm some hardcore Riggs fan, I actually am rather neutral about him, but because I can't stand to see a person run after and pursue someone who isn't willing to reciprocate, for whatever reason. Cut your losses, Riggs, and move on. Sometimes I feel as if Meredith doesn't deserve another love interest. She's so unwilling to open herself up even the slightest. She just seems to dislike other humans in general. What does she bring to the table? Why would anyone be interested in her? Is she that outstanding a lover? Well, that's wonderful, but you need more than just amazing sex in a relationship. It would be nice to see Meredith have a spark of interest in someone else for once...to look at someone and think, "He makes me a better person and I like how that feels." And if she truly has no desire to have another partner in life, that's totally fine as well - but perhaps then find a better strategy when rebuffing someone, other than flat out hostility.

OMG agree about all of it especially Meredith and Riggs...they have not spoken in months...why does he like her so much...he needs to just like Maggie, she likes him. 

Meredith does have a spark of interest in Alex. She is interested in defending him, helping him etc.  That's her interest.  Alex.  Friendship or whatever...she is team Alex...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The only person who acted like a mature adult was Edwards when she refused to go check the ER for Amelia to see if Owen was around.

I like Warren, too. He kept his head when the gang was in their pissing contest over the turkery-fryer dad, and made everyone step back so that they could evaluate what really needed to be done at that moment. then later, when there was a minor crisis, he did what needed to be done to save the patient.

27 minutes ago, Lesia said:

The only cool thing was that Minnick actually spoke Polish to Arizona on the stairs.

That was cool. Since the only Polish I actually know is "Nie moj cyrk, nie moje malpy" and some food names, I appreciated it. Now I'm hungry, though. Perhaps a trip to the Kielbasa Factory is in order...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

In this storyline we're immersed in the whole history of the characters -- as people in the world, as people with inner lives, even -- as well as in regard to each other. Perhaps the show is willing to turn from a blunt "Woman in power = about damn time" message, and `allude to the uses of power and the forces that drive people to pursue it, and to follow those do. Jesse Williams is delivering that message beautifully.

Jackson has very quietly become the heart of the show -- a heart with a moral center. This may at least partly reflect Jesse Williams's stepping forward as a prominent and compelling activist, and if so, well, finally: that's what Shonda's keeping it personal can be for.

Well said! They are finally making Dr. Jackson Avery a 3-D character, not just a well-educated, somewhat mysterious, blue-eyed piece of man flesh.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jackson is the only one who has the full measure of Catherine. Despite April's claim that she has a brain, it's so obvious that Catherine is manipulating her but April is so happy to get any recognition or career opportunities that she's totally blind to it. Likewise, Richard has no idea the full extent of Catherine's manipulative ways... Jackson is the only one who knows her true nature and unfortunately, Richard and April refuse to believe it.

Catherine is a piece of work. She is the one who created this whole situation (getting Richard demoted, replacing him with Minnick, forcing Bailey to keep Catherine's part in it a secret, etc) and now she's the one acting all innocent, blaming Jackson for getting the attendings to support Richard and telling Richard to come home. She won't even acknowledge that Richard feels betrayed by his own wife.

I am so sick of the Minnick/Webber/Avery drama, but if we eventually get rid of April then I guess I will be okay with it. I mean, I will still resent that we wasted a whole season on this stupid Minnick storyline but hey, maybe something good can come out of it!

Edwards did the adult, mature thing when she refused to sneak around for Amelia, and Jackson did the adult, mature thing when he stood up to his mother and pointed out that *he,* not she, is the Avery voice on the hospital board and he intends to get Richard re-instated. 

Arizona, who is normally a mature adult, was definitely out of character --sneaking around secretly smooching with Minnick while fibbing to everyone else about being loyal to her (used to be) very good friend, Richard.

If this Minnick/Webber/Avery drama means we eventually get rid of April and Minnick, I guess I'll be OK with it.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

3 cheers for Jackson Avery! It turns out, he actually has a pair.

...Who knew?!

I actually thought Jackson was being an ass.  And all the dick measuring could've killed that patient.  Thank goodness Ben was actually thinking of what was best for the patient and was the calm one in that OR.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, St. Claire said:

"Nie moj cyrk, nie moje malpy"

"not my circus, not my monkeys", right?  probably meaning something like "not my business!".  I like that.  I will use that now with my parents.

Minnick was saying  how good  her pierogies are.  I'm surprised Arizona never heard of a pierogy.  her loss.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lesia said:

"not my circus, not my monkeys", right?  probably meaning something like "not my business!".  I like that.  I will use that now with my parents.

Minnick was saying  how good  her pierogies are.  I'm surprised Arizona never heard of a pierogy.  her loss.

Yep! And I think "not my circus, not my monkeys!" could be aptly applied to GSM Hospital (of course, it *is* Bailey's circus and these *are* her monkeys...) I am surprised that Minnick would be prepared to make pierogies after a long shift, though. They are fairly time consuming.

• Love 2

Meredith is pretty when she smiles but sometimes just looks angry and tired.  She's far from ugly but definitely looks older than the character she is playing.  I actually find her less annoying than I did in early episodes though.  

Why can't any women on this show just have a normal relationship with a man without there finding problems where there isn't....or something that can be easily discussed?  Amelia annoys me.  I think her and Maggie are the most annoying characters on the show.

• Love 3

I'm barely watching this show any more....but when Jackson and Warren are my two favorite characters of the episode something is wrong.  Every storyline they have going is awful and boring.  Arizona/Minnick- No; Owen/Amelia- Nope; Meredith/Riggs- who cares anymore?  I certainly don't buy that either of them do; Jo's backstory- oh wait, that was a thing?  

Everything is terrible.

Also, why is everyone acting like Meredith is supposed to be young?  She was at least 30 when the show started and it's been at least 10 years in the show's timeline, plus she has 3 kids and is a surgeon.  I appreciate that she doesn't look 30 anymore.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I am so sick of the Minnick/Webber/Avery drama, but if we eventually get rid of April then I guess I will be okay with it. I mean, I will still reset that we wasted a whole season on this stupid Minnick storyline but hey, maybe something good can come out of it!

1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

If this Minnick/Webber/Avery drama means we eventually get rid of April and Minnick, I guess I'll be OK with it.

Funny.  I've been thinking that if this plotline means we eventually get rid of CATHERINE, or at least get rid of the Richard / Catherine marriage, then it will have been worthwhile.  Yes, she's a strong woman figure, and there is a danger of strong women being viewed more negatively than strong men - but I don't think her ruthlessness, underhandedness and lack of loyalty would be any less reprehensible in a male character.  

• Love 5

Just the right amount of Bailey, almost none and she didn't have to tell anyone she is The Chief, although I thought she might when Richard asked for new mattresses. Thanks for taking my mind there, show, eww. Those on-call room mattresses have to be gross and worn out. 

Anyway, kudoos to Debbie Allen who can have Catherine call her son an "outstanding surgeon" and make it an insult. As others have said, I too wonder if this whole Minnick mess was created to force Jackson to step into his Avery shoes. Messing with April's head is just a bonus and way too easy for Catherine to pass up. See also: Bailey. I don't think she considered that she could lose Richard. She thought he would get it and support her doing what she had to do because she certainly isn't stupid. 

All the bickering was tiresome. And freaking annoying. Owen, really had to ask if Amelia wanted to be married to him? Duh, has she given ANY indication of that?  Moron. Then she says yes!  I had to lol at the stupidity. 

I was on team Jackson last show and have stayed there.  April, girl, Catherine showed you who she was when you had the baby, you are an idiot to forget that.

• Love 5

How, other than death, would/could they get rid of April? Wouldn't Jackson put up a pretty big fight if April tried to move away with their daughter? Yes, I know Callie just did that successfully (sort of), but would the writers re-hash a custody story line? I also don't see April leaving town on her own sans Harriet, not after everything she went through to even have this baby.  I'm just not sure how April could be removed from the show at this point, other than by dying. Clearly, it would be easier to write out Minnick and/or Catherine. Catherine's departure would be good soap opera fodder. Obviously as Jackson's mother and Richard's wife and  Harriet's grandmother, her character is deeply entangled. What a mess she'd leave behind! So far, other than with Arizona, Minnick doesn't have much of a connection with any of the other characters. So yeah, there's more meat on the bone with Catherine leaving.

Edited by Biggie B
addition of another thought.
  • Love 2