Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/20/2017

GHScorpiosRule
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think you misunderstood my post.  It's not really about what you (or I) think of Donald Trump's presidency vis-a-vis that of Barack Obama. It's about Whoopi thinking it's okay to be shitty about someone she doesn't care for but likely being unable to tolerate her fellow panelists showing the same kind of contempt for someone she approves of.  

The legitimacy of Trump's presidency is beside the point.  At least beside the point I was making.  

I have to agree .... sitting on a national TV show and refusing to say his name comes across as a bit silly.  It is an empty gesture that doesn't change a thing and it is actually a little distracting.  Not to mention it gives his supporters something else to seize on to mock the panelists for doing.  They should just stick to discussing the issues and cut the useless, self-indulgent little protests already.  Their discussions about Trump's policies and actions would have a lot more gravitas and couldn't just be written off as coming from "cry babies" and "sore losers," as Trump's mouthpieces go around characterizing people who refuse to acknowledge Trump as POTUS.  They really undermine their own best points with this schtick and they need to get past it. 

I agree with you in part, about Whoopie's contempt for Trump.  It does come off childish at times.  However, the supporters of Trump will always characterize any form of protest against their leader as the protests of sore losers.  We are all snowflakes, treehuggers paid by George Soros to invalidate his presidency.  My problem with Whoopie is her inability to allow others to share a point of view that differs from hers. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with you in part, about Whoopie's contempt for Trump.  It does come off childish at times.  However, the supporters of Trump will always characterize any form of protest against their leader as the protests of sore losers.  We are all snowflakes, treehuggers paid by George Soros to invalidate his presidency.  My problem with Whoopie is her inability to allow others to share a point of view that differs from hers. 

I have to LOL at this.  I literally work for George Soros, and I can say this not the case... Although, folks who work for him are more likely to be civically engaged.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I have to LOL at this.  I literally work for George Soros, and I can say this not the case... Although, folks who work for him are more likely to be civically engaged.  

Please tell the Fox news viewers that He is not paying us to protest the new Administration. It is not Astroturf. It is an organic grassroots organizing and  asserting their rights as Americans.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I love how when Jedi was bloviating about Obamacare, Joy turned her back on her and changed the subject.

What the hell was Sunny wearing today?  That orange thing with the huge wings and the white bandaids holding it tight at the sleeves looked like something a crystal ball reader would wear.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Please tell the Fox news viewers that He is not paying us to protest the new Administration. It is not Astroturf. It is an organic grassroots organizing and  asserting their rights as Americans.

They simply can't imagine people actually caring enough about other people to do something without any sort of benefit to them. 

• Love 18

Normally I like what Sunny is wearing but today? I too couldn't figure it out! At first, I thought she'd burned her arms and she had bandages on!! And speaking of weird and bizarre wardrobe choices, that over-sized lab coat thingy that Whoopi is now so fond of? WTF?!!! She looks like she should have some test tubes close by.

Was Eva Longoria there just to flog L'Oreal root cover up? She is a gorgeous little thing though. 

Jed's comments on health care were just what I'd expect. And of course, she delivered them with that shit-eating grin. She tells people they're "wrong" while smiling all the time. Did she learn that at Fox News? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I love how when Jedi was bloviating about Obamacare, Joy turned her back on her and changed the subject.

What the hell was Sunny wearing today?  That orange thing with the huge wings and the white bandaids holding it tight at the sleeves looked like something a crystal ball reader would wear.

Bloviating is the perfect word for Jed.

I was going to ask why Sunny was wearing a window treatment.

• Love 3

And they tell Jed constantly no matter what she says that she's wrong. No one could possibly not be unhappy with the ACA. Yeah, but a lot of people are. No no, that's wrong. You're wrong. Fox News! Fox News! *fingers in ears* The orange one! I wish they'd get some people on the panel who think and research and don't constantly agree with and spout their sides point and refuse to see any fault on their side. 

• Love 1

Re Sarah's paean to life under Reagan - what was she then, 4 yrs old?  Yeah, it must've seemed like "morning in America" to a toddler!  I'm considerably longer in tooth, & recall Reagan NOT as the jovial, benign, if slightly dim, "beloved" Prez, but as the typically damaging, greedy Republican who lowered taxes on the rich, (claiming (falsely) that a high tide raises all boats) appointed an anti-environmentalist (J. Watts) as Sec. of Interior, appointed an enemy of employment equality as head of the EEOC, considered ketchup a vegetable for purposes of required nutrition in school lunches, swore that he "could not recall" pertinent issues at the Iran-contra hearings, received a palatial home as a thank-you-for-your-service-to-plutocrats from his billionaire pals, & needed wife Nancy to hiss answers to him in many situations, etc.  On the plus side, he did help remove the Berlin wall - how ironic in these Trumpian times.

Edited by telemachus2
omission
  • Love 20

When I think if Reagan, I think of trickle down economics. It never did trickle down to poor and middle class. Republicans didnt always revere Reagan either. It became a strategy later on. A very successful strategy.

• Love 15

I hate Jedi and her constant fake smile....if you can call it that....more like..."Come here little ones.  I have a magic apple for you.  Take a bite and you will see things clearly".   It's like she feels she has to be 'on' all the time and doesn't seem to have cogent points.  Just rabidly respond to whatever is said  .She comes close to EH when it comes to word salad.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Re Sarah's paean to life under Reagan - what was she then, 4 yrs old?  Yeah, it must've seemed like "morning in America" to a toddler!  I'm considerably longer in tooth, & recall Reagan NOT as the jovial, benign, if slightly dim, "beloved" Prez, but as the typically damaging, greedy Republican who lowered taxes on the rich, (claiming (falsely) that a high tide raises all boats) appointed an anti-environmentalist (J. Watts) as Sec. of Interior, appointed an enemy of employment equality as head of the EEOC, considered ketchup a vegetable for purposes of required nutrition in school lunches, swore that he "could not recall" pertinent issues at the Iran-contra hearings, received a palatial home as a thank-you-for-your-service-to-plutocrats from his billionaire pals, & needed wife Nancy to hiss answers to him in many situations, etc.  On the plus side, he did help remove the Berlin wall - how ironic in these Trumpian times

His administration also took way too long to address AIDS.   There is even video of I think his press secretary making jokes about a reporter asking about AIDS. 

• Love 16

Jedi in crocodile tears mode today. “Deeply concerned, DEEPLY concerned.” Yeah, I’m sure you’re really broken up about it, Jedilyingliarwholies. Just an issue she knows she can’t fight without exposing herself for the monster she is—at least, more than she usually does. I’m glad they booted her repulsive ass out for the guest segment.

Dr. Gates was a great interview.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jedi in crocodile tears mode today. “Deeply concerned, DEEPLY concerned.” Yeah, I’m sure you’re really broken up about it, Jedilyingliarwholies. 

Right. She has little sympathy for the families that are broken up when someone is seized by ICE and deported.  In fact she scoffed at the idea it was happening. I guess Fox didn't show that poor woman who was arrested a couple weeks ago and driven off while her children wailed in terror. Her crime?  Using an invalid SS number. Hardly dangerous. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Using an invalid SS number. Hardly dangerous. 

Americans do get up in arms when their identities are "stolen."  I know I would. Sometimes the fraud when using another's Social Security number is damaging to reputations and credit.  In the case of Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos here in Arizona, a married mother of three, she used that number (illegally, of course) to obtain employment--cleaning bathrooms at a water park.  The only thing that happpened was that she used another's number and that person received the benefit (probably) of her earnings.  As far as we know, the victim wasn't truly harmed. Mrs. Garcia was "rounded up" in a raid that was later declared illegal under the Constitution.  She was "caught" this time when following the court's guidelines about registering on a regular basis.  She had registered several times a year for eight years with no consequences...until now.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Americans do get up in arms when their identities are "stolen."  I know I would. Sometimes the fraud when using another's Social Security number is damaging to reputations and credit.  In the case of Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos here in Arizona, a married mother of three, she used that number (illegally, of course) to obtain employment--cleaning bathrooms at a water park.  The only thing that happpened was that she used another's number and that person received the benefit (probably) of her earnings.  As far as we know, the victim wasn't truly harmed. Mrs. Garcia was "rounded up" in a raid that was later declared illegal under the Constitution.  She was "caught" this time when following the court's guidelines about registering on a regular basis.  She had registered several times a year for eight years with no consequences...until now.

What happened to that lady makes me physically ill.  Such a travesty!!!

• Love 6
17 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

And they tell Jed constantly no matter what she says that she's wrong.

It might have something to do with her attitude, her snooty delivery, and her motormouth that allows for no breathing or interruptions.   One almost wants to disagree with everything she says...right or not.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

But, I was talking about Jed. Not Joy. I kid. Hey, look, I get it. She's the opposing side, so, it doesn't matter. I agree with that description of her though, but, Joy is the same way. She doesn't speak as fast though because she gets tripped up all the time and is caught just as often spewing things that aren't true. Joy's attitude about getting caught though, is her so what, shrug it off thing she does. But, she's like Jesus, and Jed is totally like literally always standing up for Hitler, orange one, whatever. Half the country is not going to fall off the face of the planet because the other half of the country thinks they are mean. Most people just want to live. The extreme on each side is so frustrating. Jed needs to go because she doesn't fit into my narrative. Joy is perfect though, and the people that don't like her are dumb hick racists that watch Faux News and worship the orange one. There is no middle anymore. You have to be one extreme or the other. 

Edited by abstractstuff
  • Love 4

remember whoopee had some weird outfit a couple of months back, and she promoted the designer of the very odd clothes?  Some bold print, huge shapeless garment that looked a bit like a patio umbrella.   I wondered if she is wearing "Lab coats"  by that same designer.  It looked like she wore the same one twice, but I noticed two very different black graphic designs on two separate days.  I haven't watched every episode lately,  so maybe I missed it.   Is this some new thing she picked up at the fashion show she attended? 

Excuse me, but has anybody had the nerve to tell Whoopie that she is obese and not man killer any more? I'm sorry, but she acts like she is so sexy and so hot...sorry, but you are kinda fat girl...I mean at least Joy jokes about her weight, as we all do. Whoopie, stop wearing tents, cause they ain't hiding it girl. Oh, and your shoes suck. Okay, I feel better now.

• Love 7

But here's the thing about 'stolen social security numbers' in term of migrant workers.

Typically they are used to GET a job (wink, wink).  They add to the account and never collect.  The workers go back to Mexico or Guatamala or Honduras or wherever and never collect themselves.....

Or are the SSN,s  of folks who are deceased.

It is a far more complicated issue than anyone on this panel will ever be able to discuss rationally.

• Love 6

Dear Former Nun:  

(1) When my aunt retired in her early 70's & applied for her social security benefits, she was notified the last two digits of her social security number had been entered incorrectly into their data base, by one of their cracker-jack employees, incorrectly crediting her earnings to someone else.  This mess took months to straighten  & we learned this wasn't an isolated incident.

(2)  Was hoping to hear the panel discuss this topic today, but still want to ask what you think Jesus would say about the, Illegal, Salvadorian woman now  dying from a terminal brain tumor, being disconnected from her IV's, zip-tied hand & foot,  not allowed to notify her family & taken from her Texas hospital bed to a Deportation Cell by Armed Federal ICE agents?

• Love 4

I'm going to have to look up the segment online because I was busy with something else and only half heard, but it sounds like Sunny gave that Breitbart creep an earful.

1 hour ago, honeydo7 said:

Was hoping to hear the panel discuss this topic today, but still want to ask what you think Jesus would say about the, Illegal, Salvadorian woman now  dying from a terminal brain tumor, being disconnected from her IV's, zip-tied hand & foot,  not allowed to notify her family & taken from her Texas hospital bed to a Deportation Cell by Armed Federal ICE agents?

I want to hear Jed try to deny it. 

• Love 6

That little segment with JediRepublicanApologist and the guy from racist Breitbart defending white supremacist Bannon was embarrassing. Joy and Sunny should have been ready with more facts too. 

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Excuse me, but has anybody had the nerve to tell Whoopie that she is obese and not man killer any more? I'm sorry, but she acts like she is so sexy and so hot...sorry, but you are kinda fat girl...I mean at least Joy jokes about her weight, as we all do. Whoopie, stop wearing tents, cause they ain't hiding it girl. Oh, and your shoes suck. Okay, I feel better now.

WORD!!!! I've had the exact same thoughts. I never realized how much weight she'd gained until I saw that old clip of her from Soap Dish, which ass-kisser Sara had to chime in "Excellent movie!"

Whoopi? You are NOT that size anymore, and as atlantaloves so succinctly pointed out, dressing in those weird "tents" aren't helping matters. 

Yeah, I am no longer the size I once was, but I would not be caught dead in some of Mizz Goldberg's, what she thinks are clever, camouflage outfits. They don't hide a thing...in fact..they make her look BIGGER.

Ditch the hideous shoes and maybe, just maybe, try wearing a bra every now and then.

Whew! Venting is good!!!

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

That little segment with JediRepublicanApologist and the guy from racist Brietbart defending white supremacist Bannon was embarrassing. Joy and Sunny should have been ready with more facts too. 

Agreed.  And I think Joy derailed it because she just kept on the white supremacist angle, which he refuted by noting how many Jews, etc work at Breitbart.  My limited understanding of Breitbart and Bannon's views is that while he maybe bigoted and white supremacist, he largely talks about America and nationalism which is probably code for anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim.  There is info on him re how he treats his employees, how he is anti-establishment, including the Republican Party, he is anti-feminist and probably misogynistic.  And a bully.

They could have refuted the guest's assertions of "fake news" which he used in response to everything they said.

For some reason I am unable to link, but if you google Steve Bannon quotes, it is all there, and they should have had those quotes at the ready.

Jed took the opportunity to go on the attack and this time she wasn't grinning.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, bannana said:

Agreed.  And I think Joy derailed it because she just kept on the white supremacist angle, which he refuted by noting how many Jews, etc work at Breitbart.  My limited understanding of Breitbart and Bannon's views is that while he maybe bigoted and white supremacist, he largely talks about America and nationalism which is probably code for anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim.  There is info on him re how he treats his employees, how he is anti-establishment, including the Republican Party, he is anti-feminist and probably misogynistic.  And a bully.

I remember reading he has an African American assistant and someone asked him if he thought all the vile things he says about African Americans applies to her as well and he said no. She is family.

https://mic.com/articles/160612/steve-bannon-can-be-racist-and-still-have-black-friends#.uVy3TBBzj

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 4

Haleth : It's going to be hard for even the most ardent BB-ers or Jedi-Fox to call this story "false news," when it  can easily be found on the internet by Googling "Ice Agents Arrest Dying Woman," or watching her horrifying arrest , which was broadcast on Seattle's Fox News Q-13.  Maybe if enough of us call the Texas offices of GOP Senators: John Cornyn (972) 239-1310 & Ted Cruz (214) 599-8749 to demand these Republicans end this woman's Monstrous, Inhumane, Un-Christian treatment & have her returned to the hospital, to spend her remaining time with her family.  

PS : It's important to contact district offices sinceCongress is on recess at the moment.

• Love 3

Breitbart(I keep wanting to put the 'i' before 'e' whatever) guy thinks having in-laws that are Jewish means you can't be antisemitic. And Slave owners had many children with their the slaves they owned, but FAKE NEWZ!

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 13

Did anyone else think that Howie Mandel looked like Lex Luthor? This "Guy Friday" thing - are they running out of guys? I mean...Howie Mandel? Have they hit the bottom already?

That Breitbart guy was just yet another oily, slimy, lying douche bag, copying Jed with that stupid, insipid smile on his face. I agree - Joy could have been better prepared to eviscerate him. Don't bother having these idiots on (KAC) who won't answer a question. They're a waste of bloody time that could have been better spent on a guest with some sort of moral compass. These Trump supporters need to stick to Fox News where there, them being arrogant, ill-informed assholes will be celebrated.

• Love 9

I couldn’t help laughing at Joy’s reaction when Jedi’s Breitbart cohort first started peddling his “fake news” lies. She looked like a teacher whose student just turned in a research paper without a source page. As for Jedi’s defense of Bannon, it sounded about the same as when she was defending another boss with a disgusting record—Roger Ailes. You have pretty awful mentors, Jedi; that explains a lot.

• Love 10

Regarding having your social security number stolen, it is a huge nightmare and takes years to get straightened out.  Believe me, you have no idea how it affects everything you try to do and can make life pretty miserable for a long time.  I am not rich, work two jobs, and it caused unbelievable stress.  

• Love 5

I didn't mind Howie. I thought his interplay with Joy was fun and his inside info re: Nick Cannon was interesting. What was the specific joke that got him in trouble with NBC? 

And I agree that Joy and Sunny missed the mark. It's not that Steve Bannon has made racist, misogynistic comments himself, but that he provides a platform for those who do.  He/Breitbart/Trump welcome alt right folks and they know it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

And she was caught and went through what she legally had to....yet, deported.

Yes.  Deported when she arrived as scheduled at the immigration check-in area as instructed/ordered by the U.S. government.  Think anyone is going to check in again?

• Love 6
On 2/24/2017 at 6:14 PM, Sunflower Sue said:

Not lovin this show today.  Too much Howie Mandel.  I also am Not fond of Sunny's facial expressions  The looking down most of the time, cutting her eyes, relying on her blue card and waving her finger around as she is reading.

I like Howie Mandel, so had no problem with him at all.

I do STRONGLY agree re Sunny.  I've nearly posted about this very thing several times.  It's distracting the way she holds the blue cards and literally reads them.  I can understand referring to a card to get facts & figures correct, but she reads all the time, as though she hasn't familiarized herself with what she's about to say at all.   The cards are there as guides, not to be read word-for-word day after day.   And yes, the finger-waving too.  Distracting and annoying.

• Love 3
On 2/24/2017 at 0:58 PM, Bronzedog said:

I don't like Howie Mandel.  At all.  But, in his defense, at least he's not Jason Biggs.

And he does star in the #1 show every summer for the past half-decade.  I haven't been a fan since St Elsewhere, but he's hardly D-List celebrity. He's arguably more well known than anyone on the panel, except St Whoopi.

• Love 6

I don't care if Sunny reads off the blue cards.  I appreciate that she took the time to get the FACTS and if she needs to read verbatim to present the FACTUAL information, so be it.  It's much better than the others spouting off things from the top of their heads, then having to correct themselves after the break.

• Love 13