Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Well the Erica news is interesting and sheds light on the hush-hush way they have treated her departure if true. Also makes sense that they won't air it. That's a lot of bad behavior from well-known, senior and popular vets in a short timespan and reflects poorly on K&J as well in some ways. They can't control how ppl behave, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have let a lot of bad behavior from favored or more senior cheerleaders go in the past. I may be off base and that may not be the case at all, but people tend to stop respecting rules when they're not regularly enforced or when slaps on the wrist are handed out. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 4

Yeah well even if she really was drunk (i doubt it literally was while in uniform but that's another story), Jenna and Holly got a pass last year for the same things. Why would one strike get her out of the team? Unless of course after everything that happened they said they're going to be strict and they had to punish her to make a point.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch Keyra doing the worm during the dance party with all the girls? I already liked her but that made her even better.

Oh Gina, she really does think she is better than the other girls but I just don't see it. She seems super competitive and doesn't seem like she will be a good teammate. And I am sure the other rookies just love getting all of her corrections (which Robyn pointed out are sometimes wrong?).  When her first response to the criticism is "they are just jealous", that should be a red flag for Kelli and Judy. 

Kalyssa, Miranda and Lauren are rookies I really like. Kalyssa is confident in herself but not smug and self-centered like Gina. Miranda just comes off warm and nice to me. I am glad we never heard Kelli talk about the uni boob issue and hopefully she can quietly get it fixed at some point. Lauren just seems like a great person (her eyes are bugging me less the more I hear her talk too). I think she may have made showgroup over Keyra based on her being well spoken and mature. I wish Keyra had made it over someone like Tasha though. 

I thought it was strange of Kelli to say they don't like to use ankle weights to get kicks higher when we see a scene of Mackenzie Lee being shown that by a vet in an earlier season. 

Kashara is awesome, love her personality.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And how do you know it? Not saying you don't, but if you are an insider spill the beans.

Ok let's talk about it

2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Drinking beer in her uniform. Calling it now.

All I heard was that she was drinking at the HoF but not in uniform. She was wearing a black dress at the game and just had credentials. She wore her uniform at the HoF Parade and that's it. 

54 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Seriously?! Any details?

Zeke + Holly

Dak + Jenna 

Both relationships are over obviously, but that's been the word since last year. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2

The comment o the ankle weights surprised me also....that was Mackenzie Spicewood's influence. When Kelli asked, who told you to get them and she paused, I think she almost broke the 4th wall and said,"watching previous seasons". Lol.  

I think season 6 was the season where social media started to really shine a dangerous spotlight in the world and in the private lives of these girls.  If fans ( or the women themselves) are taking and posting pix of bad behavior, there is no way to quietly warn and slap a wrist.  Allowing favored vets additional time to trim down is one thing.  Sweeping blatant contract violations under the rug is something else entirely.  If everything that is posted about Erica is true, which saddens me so much, there would be no way for them to look the other way after the Holly/Jenna drama. They have to tighten their control.  It just explains why some girls made the team that really should not have (looking at you Gina)   

Holly's comment about no sleep and finding time for the gym (followed by Kelli saying, go to bed...you have to be up very early ) gives me a better understanding of why they do allow some of the clearly more visibly favorite vets that wiggle room on weight (Amy T, Melissa, etc).  Some of these girls are used more by DCC as their media/event go to people, particularly in training camp it seems....they trust they will get the weight down by squad photo.  Ther are just so many hours in a day   Not sure if I'm making sense to anyone else, but it does in my head ?

• Love 7

I don't think these incidents show that Holly, Erica or even Jenna are bad people. Erica really does seem religious, but religious people also drink, are in pain and have their issues. She does have an extensive injury and it's quite common for young people to go overboard with drinking when they're under so much pressure. It may not be important to us, but Erica's injury might as well be career ending and I'm sure it's hard for her.

Anyway, I applaud all the girls who are genuinely in control of their lives at 18. But I can't fault the girls who break the rules and make stupid mistakes, because we've all been there.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think these incidents show that Holly, Erica or even Jenna are bad people. Erica really does seem religious, but religious people also drink, are in pain and have their issues. She does have an extensive injury and it's quite common for young people to go overboard with drinking when they're under so much pressure. It may not be important to us, but Erica's injury might as well be career ending and I'm sure it's hard for her.

Anyway, I applaud all the girls who are genuinely in control of their lives at 18. But I can't fault the girls who break the rules and make stupid mistakes, because we've all been there.

Very true. None of the things that these girls are accused of doing is all that bad in the grand scheme of things. They're not defrauding anyone, stealing, etc. They certainly need to learn from all of this and the punishments seem just as you can't just not follow rules that you don't like or think are stupid and get away with it (at least not always). However, they're young. You live and you learn. If they go to their next jobs and pull the same types of stuff, then that's another story.

ETA: I'm not sure where the digs about Erica's religion are coming from (I'm not referring to the quoted post to be clear). That seems a bit out of line based on what is alleged to have happened. It's not like she's a congressman who is trying to shove her religion down everyone's throat, while simultaneously having extramarital affairs. She's apparently a Christian who drinks....what is the problem?

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5

The fact that the first thing out of Gina's mouth about her attitude was that other girls were jealous just clinched it for me that she's really not a team player at all, and is Little Miss Perfect in her own mind.  I wasn't a fan to start with about her, but the arrogance of that statement was too much for me.  Yes, there may have been times that people were jealous, but it should not be the first thing out of your mouth when your attitude is called into question by your possible-boss. Good Lord. and God bless Kitty for saying what so many of us were thinking about her smirking and resting bitch face

Holly's face when she heard her name about going into the office. I follow her on IG and I'd noticed a drop in her workout posts a few months ago.  Guess partying replaced early morning workouts...

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

They certainly need to learn from all of this and the punishments seem just as you can't just not follow rules that you don't like or think are stupid and get away with it (at least not always).

Exactly.  It doesn't mean they're bad people, but it also does not mean there should be no consequences.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Very true. None of the things that these girls are accused of doing is all that bad in the grand scheme of things. They're not defrauding anyone, stealing, etc. They certainly need to learn from all of this and the punishments seem just as you can't just not follow rules that you don't like or think are stupid and get away with it (at least not always). However, they're young. You live and you learn. If they go to their next jobs and pull the same types of stuff, then that's another story.

In the grand scheme of things, drinking under age, while yes breaking the law, is a completely 'normal' behaviour of kids in college.  Who here can hand on heart say that not a sip of alcohol passed their lips until the age of drinking in their country? However, I doubt many/any of us were also meant to be representing a team and/or sleeping around with a player who has his own issues off field AND were under contract to do neither of these things.   I feel for the girls really, because they're expressing perfectly normal behaviour and (bad) choices that we've all made and learned from. It's just their under contract to behave another way. I doubt I could have really done the same and I was an absolute goody-two shoes too afraid to say boo to a goose (underage drinking aside)

12 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I'm watching tonight's episode and there's a shot of Holly and I had to back up to look at it again....she looked like her belly was about to  spill over the top of her shorts...probably just the angle, but holy mackerel!!!

I don't think it's just the angle.  She has a pretty substantial roll when she's doing her kicks.  I know on anybody you'll see skin fold in this position, but this is an out & out roll. You can also see at the beginning her lower stomach pooching over her shorts.

giphy.gif

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't think it's just the angle.  She has a pretty substantial roll when she's doing her kicks.  I know on anybody you'll see skin fold in this position, but this is an out & out roll. You can also see at the beginning her lower stomach pooching over her shorts.

giphy.gif

I think a little of it is her kicks are so much higher than the other girls that her stomach does have to fold more but aboslutely she's gained weight in the area and isn't as lean as before.  She has always been 'chunkier', she had trouble her first training camp with weight (which is totally normal when you're 18 but thats TC) and I think naturally her body is just stockier, that's how she''s built, BUT we all know, as do K&J that she can be slimmer, she can be leaner, she just has to work at it, and clearly, she hasn't been. I'd kill for her current figure, BUT its evident that she's if not necessarily gained weight overall, she has lost tone in the abdominal region or weight has shifted.  alcohol and late nights will do that to you 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

giphy.gif

But her kicks are so darn perfect.

• Love 16

I just watched last nights episode.  I saw the weight gain on Holly even before Kitty mentioned it in their meeting.  When the meeting happened, I was glad it confirmed what I saw.   I had to rewind to double check to see what I saw was true.  See the pic! 

image1 (1).JPG

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Well the Erica news is interesting and sheds light on the hush-hush way they have treated her departure if true. Also makes sense that they won't air it. That's a lot of bad behavior from well-known, senior and popular vets in a short timespan and reflects poorly on K&J as well in some ways. They can't control how ppl behave, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have let a lot of bad behavior from favored or more senior cheerleaders go in the past. I may be off base and that may not be the case at all, but people tend to stop respecting rules when they're not regularly enforced or when slaps on the wrist are handed out. 

Thank you! Everyone is wondering why these girls "risk it" -- um, because they could. Years of behavior going back to Tia and Tobie and I am sure even before that show the rules are either not enforced or just randomly enforced. Good god, Jenna has nine lives of "bad" behavior.

It's the same reason you drive 60 in a 50 -- because no one tells you you can't, or you just get a warning.

So congrats, Holly and Erica. You are the main characters in the "Kelli decides to be a hard ass for a change" plot line.

59 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

In the grand scheme of things, drinking under age, while yes breaking the law, is a completely 'normal' behaviour of kids in college.  Who here can hand on heart say that not a sip of alcohol passed their lips until the age of drinking in their country? However, I doubt many/any of us were also meant to be representing a team and/or sleeping around with a player who has his own issues off field AND were under contract to do neither of these things.   I feel for the girls really, because they're expressing perfectly normal behaviour and (bad) choices that we've all made and learned from. It's just their under contract to behave another way. I doubt I could have really done the same and I was an absolute goody-two shoes too afraid to say boo to a goose (underage drinking aside)

I somewhat agree -- I just can not get on board with the part where the punish a woman for sleeping with a guy with bad Character that they employ.  

Three cheerleaders who slept with three players -- Paige, Jenna and Holly. Each were punished in a way that absolutely reflects who they slept with. Zeke is human garbage -- I agree. But it is pretty rich of them to fire her for making bad choices when they employ the asshole.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Thank you! Everyone is wondering why these girls "risk it" -- um, because they could. Years of behavior going back to Tia and Tobie and I am sure even before that show the rules are either not enforced or just randomly enforced. Good god, Jenna has nine lives of "bad" behavior.

It's the same reason you drive 60 in a 50 -- because no one tells you you can't, or you just get a warning.

So congrats, Holly and Erica. You are the main characters in the "Kelli decides to be a hard ass for a change" plot line.

I somewhat agree -- I just can not get on board with the part where the punish a woman for sleeping with a guy with bad Character that they employ.  

Three cheerleaders who slept with three players -- Paige, Jenna and Holly. Each were punished in a way that absolutely reflects who they slept with. Zeke is human garbage -- I agree. But it is pretty rich of them to fire her for making bad choices when they employ the asshole.

Oh, I agree, punishing a woman for sex is just puritanical BUT they sign a contract not to fraternize with a player, let alone sleep with them, regardless of that players character. the guys I assume do not have anything in their contract not to go near the cheerleaders. its sexist and ridiculous BUT it is the rule and it is in the girl's contract. who knows, perhaps if her choice hadn't been Zeke (who likely received zero in regards to taking an underage girl to a club and getting her/helping her get drunk but good ole sexist society) things might have been different, but it was.  And of course DCC arguement will be that they do not employ Zeke, the DCC is very deliberately kept as a separate entity to the DC for labour and employement law reasons (like not having to pay the girls and actual decent wage) and a bunch of other reasons. HOWEVER, we all know the DC higher-ups have a huge say over DCC running.

Hasn't there been some discussion back and forth on if she quit or if she was fired? I guess we'll see next week but I thought she made the squad and then was cut but I could be just completely off my trolley.  I guess maybe if she was fired, it might be a combo of things - a) sleeping with a player breaching contract b)partying with a player breaching contract c)drinking underage breaking the law (and maybe breeching contract) d)weight e)anything else we don't know on off-field behaviour, whereas Jenna and Paige perhaps didn't have those extra things.

I. CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. NEXT. WEEK.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Teresa said:

Agree on everything you said! Kashara is point girl and owns it! 

Re: Robyn, I noticed that too that it did not play out like the teaser was hinting at. And yeah I never got any bitch vibe from Ashley Pro AT ALL. Gina might be a better dancer than Ashley Pro, but I'd love Ashley back on the team over Gina in a heartbeat because Ashley was beautiful in looks AND personality. 

I remember Ashley.  The difference between her and Gina was Kelli was going to Ashley's former places where she danced and they were saying bad stuff about her.  Her group leaders defended her and said she was a great teammate and people liked her.  Kelli told her she can relax and be herself.  Gina is the reverse.  All the negative stuff was coming from within.  Kitty saw it.  Melissa saw it.  The group leaders saw it.  I liked how Kelli tried to make Gina see it by calling her out on not being as close to her teammates as she claims.  

Love Kashara.  Some people on this forum were down on her being point.  (not gonna lie I wanted Jenna or Lacey at point in the beginning)  but watching the real time videos of Thunder slowly made me realize why she is there.  She is a sharp and fun dancer.  The scenes where she just lets loose and be herself just shows what a great person teammate and leader she is on this squad.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

The fact that the first thing out of Gina's mouth about her attitude was that other girls were jealous just clinched it for me that she's really not a team player at all, and is Little Miss Perfect in her own mind.  I wasn't a fan to start with about her, but the arrogance of that statement was too much for me.  Yes, there may have been times that people were jealous, but it should not be the first thing out of your mouth when your attitude is called into question by your possible-boss. Good Lord. and God bless Kitty for saying what so many of us were thinking about her smirking and resting bitch face

And the worst part is that certainly these girls fake it till they make it. Maybe the girls from the south are really that polite, but I wouldn't expect young girls who have been top stars their whole lives to be really THAT humble. They are competitors and they need to be confident in their ability-which is why the girls who lack confidence always have issues in TC. You may think that you are the best dancer they've ever seen, but you shouldn't let them know you feel this way.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

And the worst part is that certainly these girls fake it till they make it. Maybe the girls from the south are really that polite, but I wouldn't expect young girls who have been top stars their whole lives to be really THAT humble. They are competitors and they need to be confident in their ability-which is why the girls who lack confidence always have issues in TC. You may think that you are the best dancer they've ever seen, but you shouldn't let them know you feel this way.

I remember hearing a saying, and I'm paraphrasing, 'You may be the smartest person in the room, but that doesn't mean you have to proclaim it.'  Actions speak louder than words. YOu want me to see you're the best, show me on the dance floor.  Yes, there's a fine line between competitor and friend, and they ARE all competitors, but you will also, if you make squad, be working alongside 35 of these girls for a year, nearly daily. you rub them the wrong way in TC, good luck clawing that back.  I thought it telling that both Lacey and Robin were like 'oh dancing, she's fine , but, uh....' and when she was asked to tell Kelli something she didn't know about the girl she was closest to, she was like 'she's really great' or something...that was just cringe-worthy.  You don't have to be bestest buddies, but dear God.....

The line between confidence and arrogance can be razor thin, but dang, Gina damn well tap-danced over it and the line is but a dot to her, and I think its been that way for a long time.  I'm all for the girls being confident in their abilities and their talent, but Gina absolutely doesn't come across confident, she comes across arrogant and cocky.  The 'the others are jealous' defence was childish and ridiculous. it reminds me of 12 year old girls defending their favourite singer/actor from criticism with 'you're just jealous cos theyre famous and youre fat and ugly and pathetic' when someone says they don't like a song or think the actor was bad in a role.    That it's not just A girl that thinks it, but rather seems to be pretty squad-wide, is telling to me.  To quote Justified 'if you run into an a**hole int he morning, you ran into an a**hole. if you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole'.

28 minutes ago, GWN 617 said:

I remember Ashley.  The difference between her and Gina was Kelli was going to Ashley's former places where she danced and they were saying bad stuff about her.  Her group leaders defended her and said she was a great teammate and people liked her.  Kelli told her she can relax and be herself.  Gina is the reverse.  All the negative stuff was coming from within.  Kitty saw it.  Melissa saw it.  The group leaders saw it.  I liked how Kelli tried to make Gina see it by calling her out on not being as close to her teammates as she claims.  

Love Kashara.  Some people on this forum were down on her being point.  (not gonna lie I wanted Jenna or Lacey at point in the beginning)  but watching the real time videos of Thunder slowly made me realize why she is there.  She is a sharp and fun dancer.  The scenes where she just lets loose and be herself just shows what a great person teammate and leader she is on this squad.  

Absolutely. I think how she just shone during the inprov was part of her being point.  She just stole the show, really got everyone fired upa nd that's part of the point of, well, point.  I've never had a problem with KaShara as point, and I've always been pretty fond of her and I really think she's comign into her own this year.  Yes, it's a weak squad, and without that weakness she wouldn't be GL1 or point (I don't think) BUT I think she's doing a fine job where she is, she's shown over the summer that she can lead, shses can fire people up, and seems to have come up as someone that K&J can rely on.  that's gonna be so important for the squad if they're going to rebuild and mould the rookies into what they need to be.

• Love 4

I imagine that it must be unsettling to lose veteran teammates.  KaShara's energy and upbeat personality are even more important and valuable when you have a team in crisis (and I know this is overstating the issue, but for a rebuilding year to lose two powerhouse vets in TCC and so many rock stars having retired, I imagine morale is not super strong).  She appears to be one of those girls who makes sure everyone feels welcome and gets everyone involved. Lacey and Robin also seem like wonderful teammates.  Instead of these random guest choreographers, I wish they would just show the group leaders working with their team.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Maybe I should put this in unpopular opinions, but I'm gonna share it here anyway.  I personally find Zeke repugnant too, but the main difference to me is this:  Zeke was ranked as the #9 RB in the league AFTER he was suspended for six games.  He had previously been ranked #2 or 3, IIRC.  NFL's revenue last year was $16 billion bucks.  Right now, Zeke is one of the most important people bringing in that revenue.  Short of murder, he's going to be in the league because of his very, very, unique skillset.  When you have a kicker with multiple offenses who is much more easily replacable still in the league, a talent like Zeke's is going to be around for a long time.  Ray Lewis' off field behavior is another excellent example to consider when it comes to skill set decisions.  

The DCC no doubt plays into the overall revenue total and certainly contributes to the Dallas Cowboys being the most valuable franchise in the NFL.  Holly is an outstanding dancer on an outstanding team, but she's easily replaceable.  It doesn't require draft picks, salary cap negotiations, etc.  Players generally get fined when they break the rules, because they aren't easily replaceable.  They try to hurt them in the wallet, but when push comes to shove, you're going to have to be pretty damned wretched to get benched or kicked off a team (see Ray Rice, who wasn't let go until public outcry reached critical mass.  And honestly, his best playing days were behind him anyway.)

So yeah, I'm bummed that Holly couldn't hold it together.  She's a glorious kicker and has a lot of sparkle when she dances.   I think she could have a great career in dance if she wants it bad enough.  But she's breaking rules, she's gained weight, and there are hundreds of other girls trying out each year to replace her.  That's the difference.  Money talks.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GWN 617 said:

I remember Ashley.  The difference between her and Gina was Kelli was going to Ashley's former places where she danced and they were saying bad stuff about her.  Her group leaders defended her and said she was a great teammate and people liked her.  Kelli told her she can relax and be herself.  Gina is the reverse.  All the negative stuff was coming from within.  Kitty saw it.  Melissa saw it.  The group leaders saw it.  

All these people saw it (including us on this forum) but yet Kelly and Judy seemed so oblivious to it. I just find that so hard to believe. Those two love finding flaws in people and preach about not seeming aloof or disinterested but yet they did not notice that at all in Gina. Either Kelly and Judy are losing their touch, or they really aren't there that often interacting with the girls.

• Love 4

Most of the time bragging is a sign of insecurity. If you're that fabulous, you don't have to tell everyone about it...they just know. Maybe we should get Gina one of those "I'm kind of a big deal" t-shirts. I hate to throw so much shade on someone I know nothing about, based on clips on a tv show, but dayum she rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 4

So my Tv listings for episode 10 (two weeks from now) says this (now at the bottom of this post): 

Jenna & Holly

Holky & Erica

Jenna & Erica 

Hmm...the plot thickens. I lean towards Holly & Jenna but does that mean that Holly doesn't quit or get cut at first but then does?  I don't think it's Erica because I do believe she's released for injury. We've seen her sitting out several times now. 

Super excited for the next two weeks!

IMG_2424.PNG

Edited by Tdoc72
Stupid wonky phone
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

So my Tv listings for episode (two weeks from now) says this:

IMG_2424.PNG

Re:my pic above (phone is acting wonky)

Jenna & Holly

Holky & Erica

Jenna & Erica 

Hmm...the plot thickens. I lean towards Holly & Jenna but does that mean that Holly doesn't quit or get cut at first but then does?  I don't think it's Erica because I do believe she's released for injury. We've seen her sitting out several times now. 

My theory was always that she was suspended and either f-ed up again and got fired or responded poorly to being suspennded and quit in a fit of pique

• Love 2

One of the suspended vets has to be Jenna since we know she was point before Kashara.  I'm betting on Holly being the second vet based on the previews for next week.  I really loved Erica and am sad to see her leave the team regardless of the circumstances.

• Love 3

BINGO!  And let's not forget who ultimately oversees the cheerleaders....Charlotte Jones.  She strikes me as the type of person who will cut you in a hot second if you appear to do anything to bring shame or embarrasment to the Cowboys.  This is a different day & time - especially since the Cowboys are riding high coming off a winning season last year.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rungirl said:

BINGO!  And let's not forget who ultimately oversees the cheerleaders....Charlotte Jones.  She strikes me as the type of person who will cut you in a hot second if you appear to do anything to bring shame or embarrasment to the Cowboys.  This is a different day & time - especially since the Cowboys are riding high coming off a winning season last year.

I suspect Dak Prescott to be a one and done quarterback.  Last year he was super impressive; this year not so much.  I don't see the Cowboys this year being anywhere near the powerhoue they were last year.  Go Steelers!

• Love 2

I know we've moved on from the Erica supposedly drinking at the HOF game topic....but let's keep in mind that these girls are under pressure to meet their weight requirements.  So I highly doubt she's chasing her alcohol with a wood fired pizza followed by eggs and toast the next morning (like me!).

2 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

A quick detour back to Erica for a moment. How soon do you think they took down that ginormous photo of her on the studio walll?

Those were temporary anyway

1 hour ago, SimplePleasures said:

I suspect Dak Prescott to be a one and done quarterback.  Last year he was super impressive; this year not so much.  I don't see the Cowboys this year being anywhere near the powerhoue they were last year.  Go Steelers!

As a fellow Steelers fan but also Mississippi State fan, he's not done! Lots more to give, it's only week 3 of the season!

My theory was always that she was suspended and either f-ed up again and got fired or responded poorly to being suspennded and quit in a fit of pique

Seeing that this starts earlier than expected I'm really interested to see if this is true. Surprised by the episode description showing the drama go down. This is a nice surprise (other than glossing over it) 

• Love 3

I would love to know what the contract violations really are? Who slept with who??!  And can anyone remember back a few seasons when Courtney (with the wild curly hair) made it to camp and at the first team meeting Kelli was in tears about losing someone and they never touched on it again?! Why did Courtney quit? She was my all time fav!

• Love 1

My theory was always that she was suspended and either f-ed up again and got fired or responded poorly to being suspended and quit in a fit of pique

I like how you think, and that would fit with Kitty's post about reacting poorly to a temporary situation with a permanent decision.

Reading these boards it would also seem that the reason for Erica's no longer being on the team is the worst kept secret in Dallas at this point. 

@UnicornKicks @Aggielife  @lfedncr  @Bailey3606  care to share? 

The moral of the DCC story:  

1. The Contract DOES count,  so don't violate it in stupid, worthless ways in public. 

2. NO ONE is irreplaceable.

Suck it up buttercups - YOU put yourself in this situation with your behavior. 

2 minutes ago, GBPack22 said:

I would love to know what the contract violations really are? Who slept with who??!  And can anyone remember back a few seasons when Courtney (with the wild curly hair) made it to camp and at the first team meeting Kelli was in tears about losing someone and they never touched on it again?! Why did Courtney quit? She was my all time fav!

Courtney quit for medical reasons, not for any violation of the contract. She's doing well now and just got married. :)

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Java said:

I like how you think, and that would fit with Kitty's post about reacting poorly to a temporary situation with a permanent decision.

Reading these boards it would also seem that the reason for Erica's no longer being on the team is the worst kept secret in Dallas at this point. 

1. The Contract DOES count,  so don't violate it in stupid, worthless ways in public. 

Courtney quit for medical reasons, not for any violation of the contract. She's doing well now and just got married. :)

I do follow her on IG but I could never figure out why she left. Sad but she does look happy!!

And I haven't gone back far enough in the thread, was the Hunter situation discussed? Did she even make it very far? I thought she would end up a dolphins cheerleader but based on IG that hasn't happened either!!

Edited by GBPack22
2 minutes ago, Java said:

Yup.

Just look at day one of the auditions - hundreds of girls for a handful of spots.  Now are a good 1/2 of those girls NEVER getting past the first glance, and never really any form of competition? Of course.  But that's still, what?, 150 odd girls for  about 10-12 spots at MOST. 

That's ow they get away with the pay they do, with the requirements they do, the rules, the contracts.  Because if you don't want to stick to those rules and get paid a pittance while bringing in about $5 million a year for the club, guess what?  There are 20 girls right behind you that'd yank out your hair extensions for  the chance to take your spot.  nobody is irreplaceable.  not the footballers earnings millions a year, and not the cheerleaders on the sidelines

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Erica got in trouble after HOF. I'm pretty sure it was during the first home pre season game. So the suspended vets should be Holly and Jenna. 

Before pre season game, family and friends event was before the game and they showed the squad cameo photos on the big screen. If she got in trouble for drinking at the HoF, timeline would match up but I wonder if there was something else she was warned for? I just think cutting her for drinking is pretty extreme reaction but coming off of Jenna and Holly's situation I guess they weren't having it anymore from anyone. 

• Love 2

Outside of showing the Holly/Jenna nonsense, I really hope they show it when they talk to KaShara about point.  I'm hoping to see K&J discussing who to move to that slot, and see KaShara's reaction to it.  

Not for nothing, but seeing how Jenna carries herself after finding out she's been removed from point would be interesting as well.  She seems to have been very mature about it publicly.

• Love 4

What I thought was interesting about the Gina situation in the last episode was she has a group of girls who she has been tight with on IG from the start of camp. They even did an IG story tonight claiming they were sideline sistas and they loved each other...Tara being the one who posted that. I imagine that is in response to the latest episode. Who really knows the true story, but it appears she does have some she is close with. Some people may not know how they are coming across. Maybe the conversation Kelli and Judy had with her helped her to understand. 

10 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Before pre season game, family and friends event was before the game and they showed the squad cameo photos on the big screen. If she got in trouble for drinking at the HoF, timeline would match up but I wonder if there was something else she was warned for? I just think cutting her for drinking is pretty extreme reaction but coming off of Jenna and Holly's situation I guess they weren't having it anymore from anyone. 

I get the impression it either happened at HOF or the first home preseason game. It may have been HOF. I'm not being very helpful. ? 

• Love 1