Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

So are we to assume Kashara will be the point for the remainder of the year now? Kelli responded to a tweet asking how they decide on the point dancer and she listed a number of other points besides tenure, so I doubt they will switch Jenna to the point now, which is very disappointing. Love Kashara but Jenna is a brilliant performing and the most senior vet on the team. 

Does this also also mean we can expect Kashara to be the point in future years should she decide to come back next year? I don't recall there ever being a girl on point then not the year after if they are still on the team. 

I guess this is subjective but is Kashara the best blonde veteran on the team? I think that would play into them picking her. I love her dancing and personality, but with Holly and Jenna on the outs, I wouldn't have nessesarily picked her as the third best dancer in line for a point position. Definitely top 7, but not 3rd.

Edited by tajalexander
22 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

So just saw this shot of Erica during the field practice with Kitty. She has an iPad, so I guess she's does the music or maybe she's doing something else. 

image.jpeg

She's checking Holly's Instagram.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

She's checking Holly's Instagram.

Haha!!
That picture just reminded me of how much I hate the shorts with the faux-lace up design right over the crotch. In general I really dislike the rehearsal outfits this year, but there's something so tacky and almost vulgar about the laces over the crotch, in my opinion. Couldn't the lace-up motif, if they were determined to have it, have been on the sides, or over the hips?

• Love 7

If you re-watch earlier seasons, the girls are wearing either all blue or all pink rehearsal outfits.  There is no bling, stripes, stars, etc on them.  They are solid color and boring.  Then you have these outfits that have so much detail on them I don't know how they keep them straight.  

17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If you re-watch earlier seasons, the girls are wearing either all blue or all pink rehearsal outfits.  There is no bling, stripes, stars, etc on them.  They are solid color and boring.  Then you have these outfits that have so much detail on them I don't know how they keep them straight.  

They've had some pretty bling-y rehearsal outfits in the past(there's almost always some form of stripe or stars on them somewhere, or rhinestones dotted over the shorts), and i never really had an issue with them, but between the cut of the top and the lace up on the shorts, I find this years to be super unflattering and ugly. I much preferred  last years, this year's are too busy, unflatteringly cut and super meh

dcc 1.jpg

dcc 2.jpg

dcc 3.jpg

dcc 4.jpg

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

So are we to assume Kashara will be the point for the remainder of the year now? Kelli responded to a tweet asking how they decide on the point dancer and she listed a number of other points besides tenure, so I doubt they will switch Jenna to the point now, which is very disappointing. Love Kashara but Jenna is a brilliant performing and the most senior vet on the team. 

Does this also also mean we can expect Kashara to be the point in future years should she decide to come back next year? I don't recall there ever being a girl on point then not the year after if they are still on the team. 

I realize we don't know the full story of what went down behind the scenes, but considering the bits and pieces we've been told - I feel that Jenna has burned her bridges.  She was brought into Kelli's office back before tryouts and talked to about being a leader, a guiding force, etc and then what happens within the next couple of months?  And if it's true that she broke the rules last year and that's why she didn't get to go on the USO tour............well, then she is just lucky she is still on the team, regardless of where she is in the triangle.

As for Kashara, considering the circumstances, I think she is doing a good job.  It must be difficult to step in as point during this time.

And just being snarky here, but is anyone else tired of the questions on Instagram about Holly and Erica??  On one picture, someone will ask where they are and another poster repeats what we've all heard.   Further down on the same pic, someone will ask the question again.  Then another picture is posted and someone will ask the same questions.  Did you not read the answer on the previous picture????  Or on the picture before that?  Or on Holly's Instagram?  

• Love 4
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

I realize we don't know the full story of what went down behind the scenes, but considering the bits and pieces we've been told - I feel that Jenna has burned her bridges.  She was brought into Kelli's office back before tryouts and talked to about being a leader, a guiding force, etc and then what happens within the next couple of months?  And if it's true that she broke the rules last year and that's why she didn't get to go on the USO tour............well, then she is just lucky she is still on the team, regardless of where she is in the triangle.

As for Kashara, considering the circumstances, I think she is doing a good job.  It must be difficult to step in as point during this time.

And just being snarky here, but is anyone else tired of the questions on Instagram about Holly and Erica??  On one picture, someone will ask where they are and another poster repeats what we've all heard.   Further down on the same pic, someone will ask the question again.  Then another picture is posted and someone will ask the same questions.  Did you not read the answer on the previous picture????  Or on the picture before that?  Or on Holly's Instagram?  

What I've learned over the years on social media is people never actually pay attention to anything properly, and unless its spoon-fed to them, will just blindly believe anything they read. its kinda scary sometimes. perfectly easily discovered facts if one jjust googled seem to be beyond people, so they'll just believe something is true, go off on a tear about it, and not bother discovering that its fake/a lie. because someone on tumblr/insta/twitter said it, so it must be true.

But to answer your question, you are so not alone. the 'are you still on the team, OMG i heard you ight not be on the team' question is getting so done. its been answered countless times on Ericas and Holly's and even the official insta but still there are people asking. JUST READ THE COMMENTS PEOPLE!

• Love 6

I also recall seeing Erica sitting with the other vets towards the beginning of this week's show when they bring Denise in. I think I also saw her at show group auditions when they were all sitting down before hand. 

24 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I also recall seeing Erica sitting with the other vets towards the beginning of this week's show when they bring Denise in. I think I also saw her at show group auditions when they were all sitting down before hand. 

Someone said the show's timeline is early July, so Erica would still be there.  She was released in August.

Just a random question - with all these Holly rumors about either being asked to quit or she would be released, how do you think her relationship with the Dallas dance scene is? I mean she always used to teach power classes for Michelle keys and she hasn't done that in a while? For lack of a better term, is she kind of blacklisted? 

16 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

All the girls in tc have "the resume to back it up". We get so irritated with Holly being full of herself, even though she is way more talented (and more beautiful) than Gina. Had she said that thing on tv, there would  be a witch hunt for her.

I don't get irritated with Holly at all, and don't see anything wrong with Gina's comments either. Holly is a bad ass dancer. 

Not all the girls in TC have the same credentials.... there are definitely girls who are better than others. 

4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

What I've learned over the years on social media is people never actually pay attention to anything properly, and unless its spoon-fed to them, will just blindly believe anything they read. its kinda scary sometimes. perfectly easily discovered facts if one jjust googled seem to be beyond people, so they'll just believe something is true, go off on a tear about it, and not bother discovering that its fake/a lie. because someone on tumblr/insta/twitter said it, so it must be true.

But to answer your question, you are so not alone. the 'are you still on the team, OMG i heard you ight not be on the team' question is getting so done. its been answered countless times on Ericas and Holly's and even the official insta but still there are people asking. JUST READ THE COMMENTS PEOPLE!

My favorite line from a FB comment when someone asked that question was ....and I am paraphrasing.... that question has been passed around more than Thanksgiving dinner?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Seasons 1-4 had the most boring outfits. Seasons 2-4 the rookies wore pink tops and blue bottoms. In season 1 the rookies wore light pink crop tops with blue bottoms while the vets wore white crop tops and blue bottoms. The first season I remember the rookies wearing all pink was season 5.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And just being snarky here, but is anyone else tired of the questions on Instagram about Holly and Erica??

I'm sick of the names Holly and Erica.

9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Not all the girls in TC have the same credentials.

True, but how does Gina know that she has had more/different training than the others?  Did she ask everybody else for a detailed dance background?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

My favorite line from a FB comment when someone asked that question was ....and I am paraphrasing.... that question has been passed around more than Thanksgiving dinner?

That is awesome, I love it!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Seasons 1-4 had the most boring outfits. Seasons 2-4 the rookies wore pink tops and blue bottoms. In season 1 the rookies wore light pink crop tops with blue bottoms while the vets wore white crop tops and blue bottoms. The first season I remember the rookies wearing all pink was season 5.

Actually in the true first seasons, there were no pink and blues and people wore what they wanted to like we see when they come to a techniques class.  It sure helps to keep people straight by colors!

Anyone who has purchased the full seasons, maybe from Amazon, do they have extras?  I would like to see some of the full finals routines instead of just the glimpses we get from the show.  I would really like to see KaShara aka KaSexy's routine.  She must be really stepping it up this season.

16 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Haha!!
That picture just reminded me of how much I hate the shorts with the faux-lace up design right over the crotch. In general I really dislike the rehearsal outfits this year, but there's something so tacky and almost vulgar about the laces over the crotch, in my opinion. Couldn't the lace-up motif, if they were determined to have it, have been on the sides, or over the hips?

The shorts don't bother me. They're meant to look like football pants.

16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Their outfits for finals used to be a lot simpler too. Anyone remember these?

5tc2.thumb.jpg.ac13463e66449e1d5508b91aae069d3e.jpg

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Yeah, I know they're meant to look like football pants(though it's been a while since I saw uniform pants that laced up rather than belted), but personally they look ugly. as someone else put it, paraphrasing, they're just putting the XX over cash and prizes. 

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 1

Supposedly on nights CMT isn't filming, they can wear whatever.  I've seen pics of them wearing costumes or certain color clothing for theme nights or to celebrate holidays or birthdays.  I remember Cassie saying on someone's Instagram that she loved ponytail night.  The episode where Stephanie Wheat was teaching that routine where Rachel was all hot and sweaty, I was thinking she probably wishes it were ponytail night:)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

Anyone who has purchased the full seasons, maybe from Amazon, do they have extras?  I would like to see some of the full finals routines instead of just the glimpses we get from the show.  I would really like to see KaShara aka KaSexy's routine.  She must be really stepping it up this season.

One would think.  No. You get no extras from Amazon....actually, if anything, you get abridged episodes especially the older seasons.  In some cases they do the teaser before the commercial break point that shows something that happens in the studio rehearsal, but when the show resumes, it skips the entirety of that scene and they are already calling girls into the office. 

48 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Nearly all those girls would be to 'big' and 'soft' now. Also not as good of dancers.

39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Supposedly on nights CMT isn't filming, they can wear whatever.  I've seen pics of them wearing costumes or certain color clothing for theme nights or to celebrate holidays or birthdays.  I remember Cassie saying on someone's Instagram that she loved ponytail night.  The episode where Stephanie Wheat was teaching that routine where Rachel was all hot and sweaty, I was thinking she probably wishes it were ponytail night:)

CMT splices in random footage from various nights all the time. Hence the assigned outfits on CMT nights. 

Yeah the XX pants look like football pants.

17 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I guess this is subjective but is Kashara the best blonde veteran on the team? I think that would play into them picking her. I love her dancing and personality, but with Holly and Jenna on the outs, I wouldn't have nessesarily picked her as the third best dancer in line for a point position. Definitely top 7, but not 3rd.

I think KaShara is the best blonde on the team however I don't feel hair colour should effect the triangle! Looking at past years the top 3 dancers were brunette and it looked just fine to me. She makes my top 5 DCCs this year but agreed, not top 3. 

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I love KaShara I just don't think a third year should have the main point when there's 4/5/6 year vets who are brilliant. If not Jenna why not Lacey? 

KaShara has really landed on her feet this year. Going from no leader role and not on show group last year to Group Leader, Show Group, and point of the triangle? Can't beat that really 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I think KaShara is the best blonde on the team however I don't feel hair colour should effect the triangle! Looking at past years the top 3 dancers were brunette and it looked just fine to me. She makes my top 5 DCCs this year but agreed, not top 3. 

I love KaShara I just don't think a third year should have the main point when there's 4/5/6 year vets who are brilliant. If not Jenna why not Lacey? 

KaShara has really landed on her feet this year. Going from no leader role and not on show group last year to Group Leader, Show Group, and point of the triangle? Can't beat that really 

Yeah, if a third year was clearly the strongest dancer/performer on the team, I would have no issue with them being point. I don't think Kashara fits that description, but I do think she is the best blonde on the team, and there's no question that she's a charismatic performer. I have no problem believing that she is a fan favorite. I would also probably give her top 5, though that is due to the departures of Holly/Erica. If both were still on the team, I would probably say Lacey/Jenna/Cersten/Holly/Erica were top 5. Honestly, Lacey is really the only other one with a really strong argument for point at the moment IMO. I'm not sure why she was passed over, but many think she's too lyrical and lacks pop. I don't that, but I've read that about her many times on here, and maybe Kelli thinks similarly. We know why Jenna isn't point - disciplinary issues (she was at point before the drama, so it's clearly due to that). I would still put Jenna at point, but Kelli obviously cares about leadership and dependability when it comes to point, and Jenna burned that bridge. Kashara stepped up when she was asked to, and seems to be handling a lot of new responsibilities this year really well.  So, I ain't mad at her lol. 

Now, if Amy T. had returned, I think she would probably be point right now, assuming everything else went down the same way. 

• Love 3

Most of the retirees would be great at point tbh. Definitely Melissa/Megan/Amy T. They should have persuaded Jenn K to stay imo. They needed a strong point and true leader. 

That being said, I'm actually a fan of Kashara as point and I always thought she would be great at point BUT she wouldn't get the chance if the whole Jenna/Holly/Erica situation hadn't happened.

• Love 1

Honestly, I think Lacey would make a great point, but Kashara is doing fine. She also probably IS the best leader/has better leadership qualities than anyone else there at the moment.

jenna can dance, but they can't trust her with repeated disciplinary issues, and I don't know if she's filled out a little or what, but her appendix scar looks a lot more prominent now. Not great when that's the most photographed spot.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm sick of the names Holly and Erica.

True, but how does Gina know that she has had more/different training than the others?  Did she ask everybody else for a detailed dance background?

I have no idea, except to say I've said stupid things that came off differently than I meant before, so perhaps she didn't mean it as haughty as it sounded.

Bottom line- I just don't really care. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I have no idea, except to say I've said stupid things that came off differently than I meant before, so perhaps she didn't mean it as haughty as it sounded.

She certainly didn't say she was better than everyone...in fact I heard her say she has to differentiate herself from her competition...but IMO what she said about her training is equal to "I work harder than anyone here."  But I get the point about it not being meant as haughty...like the "working harder" comment could actually be humble, as in they DO have to work twice as hard to be as good as the others.

Edited by ByTor
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, if a third year was clearly the strongest dancer/performer on the team, I would have no issue with them being point. I don't think Kashara fits that description, but I do think she is the best blonde on the team, and there's no question that she's a charismatic performer.

I'm not being snarky, but is there a reason a blonde has to be point?  I don't get why they feel the need to "mix" hair colors.  For example, I think a decent triangle would be Lacey-Jenna-Jinelle.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

I have a conspiracy theory.  Kashara had something to do with all the shake ups.  I think she was the one who threw people under the bus.  That is the only reason I see that she jumps from middle of the pack to right in front.   With every dramatic turn, Kashara is the main one reaping the  benefits.  

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm not being snarky, but is there a reason a blonde has to be point?  I don't get why they feel the need to "mix" hair colors.  For example, I think a decent triangle would be Lacey-Jenna-Jinelle.

This 10,000 times over!!!!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I have a conspiracy theory.  Kashara had something to do with all the shake ups.  I think she was the one who threw people under the bus.  That is the only reason I see that she jumps from middle of the pack to right in front.   With every dramatic turn, Kashara is the main one reaping the  benefits.  

Wasn't Kashara asked to kind of look after Yuko to keep her from being isolated?  Run, Yuko, run!!!!! :)

Off topic:  Speaking of Yuko, I was finally able to watch last season.  The death glare that Charlotte gave Judy when Judy said she didn't care much for Yuko's dancing was priceless!  That was all I needed to see to know how Yuko made it.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Absolutely not, at least not in my opinion. I was just responding to the question of whether Kashara is the best blonde on the team. I agree that the triangle you mention would be fine. I always forget about Jinelle, but she's a good dancer. I probably would put Kashara above her, but not by that much. 

I do think Kelli has a thing for blondes though. I expect Maggie to be at point eventually if she sticks around, even though I'm completely underwhelmed by the dancing clips that I've seen of her. 

Edited by Jess14

I don't think hair color is as big of a deal as we think it to be. Unpopular opinion, but I don't think it should be a factor at all in placement. I doubt there are fans that care or pay close attention to it, or little girls who think "Man I wanna be a DCC but I'm not blonde!" Squad photo, sure but dance ability should come first for performances. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

iTunes has quite a few extras when you buy the seasons. You can see which before you buy, like the wedding episode, extras from the office, etc. Lots of dubbed music and no full length solos, tho. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Yeah there have been triangles without any blondes. Mia, Jackie, and Emma were the triangle a few years ago.

I totally forgot about that until you mentioned it, but it was Emma in the triangle with Jackie and Mia. I had just assumed it was Holly in the triangle, since she was point the next year. 

18 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Dear any and everyone involved with Making the Team,

Neil McCoy adds NOTHING to the show.

Thank you!

Neil and Anthony Ramos both, but Neil doesn't annoy me as much as Anthony does.  oh and the hairstylist who looks comically surprised/confused/stoned 100% of the time, but Im thinking some of that is botox or something, but he always has this wide eyed expression. So many of the judges serve little/no purpose

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

Neil and Anthony Ramos both, but Neil doesn't annoy me as much as Anthony does.  oh and the hairstylist who looks comically surprised/confused/stoned 100% of the time, but Im thinking some of that is botox or something, but he always has this wide eyed expression. So many of the judges serve little/no purpose

I honestly don't understand why most Alumni aren't on the judging panel. I get news reporters and some media people, but they need more people who recognize dance technique than just "ooh pretty outfit" and "she's hot".

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I honestly don't understand why most Alumni aren't on the judging panel. I get news reporters and some media people, but they need more people who recognize dance technique than just "ooh pretty outfit" and "she's hot".

Right?!  I wonder if there is any correlation between the inflation of the judges panel in recent years with 'celebrity' judges w/ zero dance background or training, and the last few years dance talent decline.  Yes, most of the girls are still very good/good dancers, but the great dancers are fewer and further between, and there are so many dancers each year that a tonne of people on the boards agree were shock decisions not to take to TC (and lets face it, theres generally little we all/most all agree on and so that a certain girl(s) wasn't taken to TC or was released from TC being one of the few things we do agree on is pretty telling) , in favour of a girl that is hot but only okay in dance or were taken to TC but were clearly never going to make it. 

Having "celebrity" judges helps raise the profile of the team.

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Kelli and Judy recognize excellent dance technique. I don't really see the need for additional judges who understand dance and technique. It's not like they use a numerical a scoring system that would make it possible for a horrible performer to slide in there based on sheer number of votes and the other judges outnumbering K&J. In the end, Kelli, Judy and Charlotte decide who makes it to training camp. Possibly with some input from CMT. I think they benefit greatly from having other perspectives from outside of the DCC bubble, and inviting celebrities raises the profile of the team.

It was interesting to have Michelle weigh in on the candidates after they were selected, but I don't see any real additional benefit to putting her on the judging panel.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm rewatching them and I'm still in season 1... Some of the time they don't wear different outfits, but at times the training camp candidates were in white and veterans in pink... It keeps throwing me for a loop....

Edited by mayelynn
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Having "celebrity" judges helps raise the profile of the team.

Kelli and Judy recognize excellent dance technique. I don't really see the need for additional judges who understand dance and technique. It's not like they use a numerical a scoring system that would make it possible for a horrible performer to slide in there based on sheer number of votes and the other judges outnumbering K&J. In the end, Kelli, Judy and Charlotte decide who makes it to training camp. Possibly with some input from CMT. I think they benefit greatly from having other perspectives from outside of the DCC bubble, and inviting celebrities raises the profile of the team.

It was interesting to have Michelle weigh in on the candidates after they were selected, but I don't see any real additional benefit to putting her on the judging panel.

Yeah but how long has it been since Neil has been relevant? Serious question. I had no clue who he was until I googled him. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah but how long has it been since Neil has been relevant? Serious question. I had no clue who he was until I googled him. 

This is so true. I love Neil McCoy, but it has been quite awhile since he has been relevant in the country music industry.