Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mayelynn said:

This is so true. I love Neil McCoy, but it has been quite awhile since he has been relevant in the country music industry. 

I'll take Kelli Pickler or Musgraves back any day over him. At least they have more than 2 words in their vocabulary. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'll take Kelli Pickler or Musgraves back any day over him. At least they have more than 2  words in their vocabulary. 

other than hot? lol :) I agree. I really enjoyed both of their appearances. 

• Love 3

Neil is still making music and still has fans. He is still a celebrity. But regardless, at this point has been grandfathered in and is family. In addition to his celeb status, he's providing a "regular dude" perspective on who he he thinks is a attractive and a compelling performer. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Neil is still making music and still has fans. He is still a celebrity. But regardless, at this point has been grandfathered in and is family. In addition to his celeb status, he's providing a "regular dude" perspective on who he he thinks is a attractive and a compelling performer. 

My point though was that his comments don't seem that valuable if they're just using him for pointing out who's "attractive"(if they could get him to start using that word instead of 'hot' I'll drop it :P). A monkey could point out who's attractive. They'll do him big favors by not showing his repetitive comments all the time. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

My point though was that his comments don't seem that valuable if they're just using him for pointing out who's "attractive"(if they could get him to start using that word instead of 'hot' I'll drop it :P). A monkey could point out who's attractive. They'll do him big favors by not showing his repetitive comments all the time. 

But consider these boards and all the time spent debating who is attractive and who isn't. I think k&j welcome the additional perspective to broaden their minds a little. And the majority of people watching these women perform are dudes whose opinions are basically "she's hot." Just like Neil.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

She certainly didn't say she was better than everyone...in fact I heard her say she has to differentiate herself from her competition...but IMO what she said about her training is equal to "I work harder than anyone here."  But I get the point about it not being meant as haughty...like the "working harder" comment could actually be humble, as in they DO have to work twice as hard to be as good as the others.

But she does not say "I work harder than anyone here." I just rewatched the episode 5 seconds ago. That's your interpretation. She said she has training other girls don't, right after she said you have to set yourself apart from the competition. I think she sounded confident and sure of herself, but I can see why some could view it as haughty. But what you're saying, I don't see. Which is fine. Agree to disagree. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

But she does not say "I work harder than anyone here." I just rewatched the episode 5 seconds ago. That's your interpretation. She said she has training other girls don't, right after she said you have to set yourself apart from the competition. I don't think she sounded haughty, just confident and sure of herself, but I can see why some could view it as haughty. But what you're saying, I don't see. Which is fine. Agree to disagree. 

Maybe she was talking with Brianna!

I just bought season 3 from iTunes! Wow the music is hilariously bad. Think a cross between bad, drunken cover music and elevator muzak. All the dancing also looks weird and awkward. Maybe it's the terrible music? But the bar seems to have been raised so so much more now! Honestly, some of this year's struggle street rookies look like season 3 vets. 

I also think as a whole, the weight seems to be the same. The women are as slender except now they're very toned. I look at Erica Jenkins who was having weight issues and she looked only slightly fluffier/if not the same as some of the recent DCC who have been called out for weight by us or K&J. The fat percentage segment was illuminating because it really highlighted how weight was a problem (eg muffin tops). It's sometimes hard for us to understand why some vets are called out for weight when all we see is a 2 second clip from an unflattering angle.

It was very fun to see Abigail K, Michelle Keys and Nicole Hamilton! Interesting that Sydney Durso struggled so much as a rookie and went on to have a 7 year tenure. Makes me wonder if any of this year's rookies will go on to do the same...I really only like Keyra and Kalyssa so far tbh. They have pop and power. It's a crime Keyra isn't on showgroup! The rest are...bland and forgettable even though some of them are so damn pretty - like Alexis or Savannah. 

• Love 2

Yes,  Gina stated she has training other girls don't.  She could have said that after having a conversation with Brianna...she only had ballet training.  Show group is all sorts of genre & Gina may have been finding out where she stands in training with the other girls.   

I think Gina just needs real help in the communications area. If you want to come off well, then you need to be able to talk yourself up without putting other people down. That's basic IMO. She may not have intended to do so (I'm sure she didn't), but she implied that everyone else's training was inferior. It was unnecessary to make her point and actually detracted from it IMO. Same with her comment about Judy's critique. Tasha made a similar comment last year during training camp about thinking that she was hitting it hard but then being told that she was dancing too soft.  Tasha managed to make the same point as Gina and not sound entitled. It's not a big deal, and Gina obviously made the team, but I think she comes off really poorly. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

But consider these boards and all the time spent debating who is attractive and who isn't. I think k&j welcome the additional perspective to broaden their minds a little. And the majority of people watching these women perform are dudes whose opinions are basically "she's hot." Just like Neil.

Yeah, they definitely don't bring ole' Neil back for his his thoughtful/insightful observations on dance technique. Personally I don't mind too much when he blurts out one of his ridiculous dirty old-man comments, only because it's an entertaining break from all the seriously serious estrogen in the room. Guys will always be guys. ?

• Love 4

The one nice thing about Gina's spot was that there was no intentionally inserted "adversity" angle to it like an illness, death in the family, mean girls, etc. She just talked about her background. Kind of refreshing, although how being from California sets you apart doesn't make sense to me. Or what her "special training" was that makes her Miss Thang. It didn't include how to have a pleasant smile instead of a weird perplexed grimace. Her facials are much worse than Brennan's, imho.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

The one nice thing about Gina's spot was that there was no intentionally inserted "adversity" angle to it like an illness, death in the family, mean girls, etc. She just talked about her background. Kind of refreshing, although how being from California sets you apart doesn't make sense to me. Or what her "special training" was that makes her Miss Thang. It didn't include how to have a pleasant smile instead of a weird perplexed grimace. Her facials are much worse than Brennan's, imho.

Amen!  None of that "Back in second grade, there was a girl who sat next to me and her cat had feline aids.  So I'm doing this all for her!"

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think Gina just needs real help in the communications area. If you want to come off well, then you need to be able to talk yourself up without putting other people down. That's basic IMO. She may not have intended to do so (I'm sure she didn't), but she implied that everyone else's training was inferior. It was unnecessary to make her point and actually detracted from it IMO. Same with her comment about Judy's critique. Tasha made a similar comment last year during training camp about thinking that she was hitting it hard but then being told that she was dancing too soft.  Tasha managed to make the same point as Gina and not sound entitled. It's not a big deal, and Gina obviously made the team, but I think she comes off really poorly. 

Yup, talking about yourself or giving compliments etc isn't a zero sum game. you don't need to denegrate or dismiss someone else's achievments in order to make yourself or someone else look good/better.  Even something like 'I think my training puts me in good stead' or 'my varied training has really helped prepare me for the rigors of TC' or something, would have been better than i have more training than the others.  you can lift yourself without pushing others down

4 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Amen!  None of that "Back in second grade, there was a girl who sat next to me and her cat had feline aids.  So I'm doing this all for her!"

I loathe the intentionally manipulative sob stories.  loathe them. sure, there may be a grain of truth in them, but for the most part, you're not dancing for your sick grandma or the friend you had once when you were 4.  You're dancing because you love it and you want to be a DCC.

• Love 15

When they announced show group, and Holly made it, I wondered who replaced her in SG ?

( granted- we are not yet in the show where the situation took place with Holly yet... )

Also, as far as Gina, I can totally see what she was trying to say being from California... She meant that she has had some different trainers than many of the girls on the squad.. ( the ones that train with Kitty etc.. )

Edited by maineborzoi

I can't believe we're spending so much time on Gina..! Having said that, here is my last comment on the subject of her purported conceited/arrogant/haughty, etc. attitude. If she was a man competing with other guys for a spot on a male team, I doubt the same comments (e.g. 'I have training others don't') would be seen as evidence of the guy having an bad attitude. In other words, I see a bit of a double standard here. Some of us here are still offended by women who don't act like a 'lady;'  i.e. she should be more self-deprecating and not so 'full of herself,'  etc. Please note - I'm not saying I like or dislike Gina's attitude here - it's actually irrelevant- rather that I doubt we'd even be debating the subject if it was a man who behaved the same way.

• Love 2

Updated list on Wikipedia of the 2017-2018 squad list.

2017 - 2018 Squad

Veterans: Amy Leonall, Cersten Bradley, Chantel Jones, Elizabeth Voegtle, Heather O'Connor, Jenna Jackson, Jessika Palmer, Jinelle Davidson, KaShara Garrett, Kelli Sullivan, Kelsey Lowrance, Khalyn Cole, Lacey Munoz, Madeline Massingill, Maggie Rouse, Milan Brahney, Robin Richardson, Selina Flores, Simone Culwell, Stephanie Larson, Tasha Cruz, Tess Guidry, and Yuko Kawata.

Rookies: Alexandria Stavropoulos, Alexis Peterson, Christina Ricelli, Gina Ligi, Kalyssa Singleton, Keyra Ford, Lauren Parker, Lexie Sullivan, Miranda Tims, Molly Neumeister, Rachel Alexandra, Savannah Heineken, and Tara Szybillo

10 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Shouldn't the squad photo have been released by now???

They normally don't release it and the new cameo photos until the end of the show, though a pic of their cameos on the big screen was posted on Kitty's twitter/instagram I think.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And just being snarky here, but is anyone else tired of the questions on Instagram about Holly and Erica??  On one picture, someone will ask where they are and another poster repeats what we've all heard.   Further down on the same pic, someone will ask the question again.  Then another picture is posted and someone will ask the same questions.  Did you not read the answer on the previous picture????  Or on the picture before that?  Or on Holly's Instagram?  

THIS!

I can't fathom how a person cares enough to publicly comment on her Instagram, but not enough to perform a quick google search and stalk this forum. Or as you said scroll up 2 comments to see the question already addressed 

I know we're nowhere near the end of these comments, but just know some one is frustrated with you lol #amateurs

IMG_8923.PNG

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

I can't believe we're spending so much time on Gina..! Having said that, here is my last comment on the subject of her purported conceited/arrogant/haughty, etc. attitude. If she was a man competing with other guys for a spot on a male team, I doubt the same comments (e.g. 'I have training others don't') would be seen as evidence of the guy having an bad attitude. In other words, I see a bit of a double standard here. Some of us here are still offended by women who don't act like a 'lady;'  i.e. she should be more self-deprecating and not so 'full of herself,'  etc. Please note - I'm not saying I like or dislike Gina's attitude here - it's actually irrelevant- rather that I doubt we'd even be debating the subject if it was a man who behaved the same way.

I can understand your point, but I'd hope a humble male would express his hopes that his preparation and passion could elevate him above the other candidates. Not deliberately say he possessed qualities others didn't and therefore was more deserving. At the end of the day those qualities will speak for themselves. I get both statements are similar especially in writing, but tone is everything with this kind of stuff. Perhaps Gina didn't want to seem like the insecure girl on tv and veered a bit too far the other way. I think of Mandy last year after solo auditions where she said she thought she performed well, but there were so many other talented women there and it just dependened what the judges were looking for that year. To me Mandy was a shoe in, but her ability to be both confident and humble was so likable in that moment. Male or female I'd be looking for the same attitude. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I commented on Gina before seeing your post. Exactly what I was trying to say! :)

Her and Tasha could have meant the exact same thing, but one ended up coming off more likable than the other. Perhaps just some extra communication 'polish' that will evolve in time. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

This. They've had zero blondes, three blondes, etc. Having a blonde, brunette and redhead isn't a requirement. 

This !!!! and also Megan Fox Jennifer who is a light brunette, Nicole Hamilton, Crystal Trevino,....  I honestly think it's not that big of a deal who is point because it will always be a strong performer with energy and  entertainment value It's for one performance each game except for the halftime special performances which usually has so much other entertainment going on that being point is .... no big thing.  Being group leader to me is like being point. They are at the point of their own group triangle and throughout the game are the most visible on the jumbotron.  

1 hour ago, maineborzoi said:

Updated list on Wikipedia of the 2017-2018 squad list.

2017 - 2018 Squad

Veterans: Amy Leonall, Cersten Bradley, Chantel Jones, Elizabeth Voegtle, Heather O'Connor, Jenna Jackson, Jessika Palmer, Jinelle Davidson, KaShara Garrett, Kelli Sullivan, Kelsey Lowrance, Khalyn Cole, Lacey Munoz, Madeline Massingill, Maggie Rouse, Milan Brahney, Robin Richardson, Selina Flores, Simone Culwell, Stephanie Larson, Tasha Cruz, Tess Guidry, and Yuko Kawata.

Rookies: Alexandria Stavropoulos, Alexis Peterson, Christina Ricelli, Gina Ligi, Kalyssa Singleton, Keyra Ford, Lauren Parker, Lexie Sullivan, Miranda Tims, Molly Neumeister, Rachel Alexandra, Savannah Heineken, and Tara Szybillo

Wow its like last last name heaven!!  Of course Rachel is the odd ball out.?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Neil and Anthony Ramos both, but Neil doesn't annoy me as much as Anthony does.  oh and the hairstylist who looks comically surprised/confused/stoned 100% of the time, but Im thinking some of that is botox or something, but he always has this wide eyed expression. So many of the judges serve little/no purpose

Anthony Ramos is like nails on a chalk board!

• Love 5
On 9/16/2017 at 0:00 AM, MelTexGirl said:

So just saw this shot of Erica during the field practice with Kitty. She has an iPad, so I guess she's does the music or maybe she's doing something else. 

image.jpeg

I'm kinda surprised with all the access they have to really good athletic wear that they don't put Kitty in better outfits.  I think she has an age appropriate figure and looks pretty good, and she would look even better in some flared yoga pants and nice tops.  The stretched out polo shirts and wind pants don't do anything for her :(  I actually like Kitty.  She's tough but she knows what she's doing.  I could have done without throwing the chair, but I loved it when she was in the tower above the field :)

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm kinda surprised with all the access they have to really good athletic wear that they don't put Kitty in better outfits.  I think she has an age appropriate figure and looks pretty good, and she would look even better in some flared yoga pants and nice tops.  The stretched out polo shirts and wind pants don't do anything for her :(  I actually like Kitty.  She's tough but she knows what she's doing.  I could have done without throwing the chair, but I loved it when she was in the tower above the field :)

I love that she recognised that she's an overweight person criticising the weight of a young, very slim woman.  Every year it annoys me that a number of those judging these girls are oveerweight/very overweight (though both Kitty and Kelli have lost weight recently) but also recognising, that yeah, I'm overweight and calling this girl 'heavy' BUT I don't have to wear that uniform at least puts it out there that they're aware they've hypocritical.  I know that the polo shirt/wind pants look is kind of Kitty's own version of a uniform, but its not flattering.  Even just a shirt that's a better fit would be more flattering to her.  I get that maybe she doesnt care, but you've got everyone else in full hair and makeup and then Kitty. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

But she does not say "I work harder than anyone here."

I never said she did, I was comparing someone saying "I work harder than anyone here" to Gina saying "I have a bunch of training the other girls don't.

13 hours ago, mayelynn said:
13 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'll take Kelli Pickler or Musgraves back any day over him. At least they have more than 2  words in their vocabulary. 

other than hot? lol :) I agree. I really enjoyed both of their appearances. 

LOL.  

I have no clue who Kelli Pickler is, but I was just able to watch last season & I fully expected to be annoyed by her, but I thought she was just fine. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I loathe the intentionally manipulative sob stories.  loathe them. sure, there may be a grain of truth in them, but for the most part, you're not dancing for your sick grandma or the friend you had once when you were 4.  You're dancing because you love it and you want to be a DCC.

This.

11 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

I doubt the same comments (e.g. 'I have training others don't') would be seen as evidence of the guy having an bad attitude. In other words, I see a bit of a double standard here.

Since nobody said something like that about a man, I don't see how there was a double standard here.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

I'm overweight and calling this girl 'heavy' BUT I don't have to wear that uniform at least puts it out there that they're aware they've hypocritical. 

I liked that Kitty said that, and also mentioned that she's been there.  Yeah, IMO, she does have a right to judge, regardless of what she looks like now.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I never said she did, I was comparing someone saying "I work harder than anyone here" to Gina saying "I have a bunch of training the other girls don't.

LOL.  

I have no clue who Kelli Pickler is, but I was just able to watch last season & I fully expected to be annoyed by her, but I thought she was just fine. 

Kellie Pickler is a country singer who got her start on "American Idol" and who has since had some hit songs and touring success. Her "ditsy small-town girl" persona led to her getting a TV show ("I Love Kellie Pickler") with her husband and friends. The show is on CMT; hence, the cross-promotion with MTT. 

4 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Her "ditsy small-town girl" persona led to her getting a TV show ("I Love Kellie Pickler") with her husband and friends.

Interesting...I didn't think she came across ditzy.  Dare I say I liked her :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
On 9/15/2017 at 8:14 PM, MssdDrms said:

Random question...With the recent makeovers, why are there so many dark roots among the blondes?

Because hair grows. Lol I guess they should get their hair touched up more often.

12 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

THIS!

I can't fathom how a person cares enough to publicly comment on her Instagram, but not enough to perform a quick google search and stalk this forum. Or as you said scroll up 2 comments to see the question already addressed 

I know we're nowhere near the end of these comments, but just know some one is frustrated with you lol #amateurs

IMG_8923.PNG

It seems ridiculous to us because we're on this forum, but not everyone is obsessed with them to the point of reading a forum..Im sure they just watch the show.

3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Lol Kitty is on her own. I don't think they're going to give her wardrobe since she's a minor character on the show.

1 hour ago, Moxiejan said:

Kellie Pickler is a country singer who got her start on "American Idol" and who has since had some hit songs and touring success. Her "ditsy small-town girl" persona led to her getting a TV show ("I Love Kellie Pickler") with her husband and friends. The show is on CMT; hence, the cross-promotion with MTT. 

She's getting a talk show too; saw it advertised on cmt.

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. 

I was rewatching the latest episode last night and I noticed when Judy was reading the names of the girls who made show group you could see some writing on the back of the sheet she was holding. It said:

5'-5" (120)

2016 Audition: 111 lbs

2017 Audition: 121 lbs (+10)

Maybe someone else can get a screenshot, look around when they are calling Stephanie and Kashara. Do you think that is Tasha's info? It's sad to think she is being called out for weight at only 120 lbs but I think it's also because her stomach just isn't as toned, she does look heavier than the other girls in the mid section. 

This is also interesting because in the older seasons you would see the girls getting weighed and they were often around 115-125, I think they want the girls smaller now with the huge HD screen at the stadium.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Do you think that is Tasha's info?

I do, yes.  Stephanie always seemed to be into weight training, so I always imagined her weight to be a bit higher (higher than 111 at least), since she has a lot of muscle.

ETA:  Great catch!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. 

I was rewatching the latest episode last night and I noticed when Judy was reading the names of the girls who made show group you could see some writing on the back of the sheet she was holding. It said:

5'-5" (120)

2016 Audition: 111 lbs

2017 Audition: 121 lbs (+10)

Maybe someone else can get a screenshot, look around when they are calling Stephanie and Kashara. Do you think that is Tasha's info? It's sad to think she is being called out for weight at only 120 lbs but I think it's also because her stomach just isn't as toned, she does look heavier than the other girls in the mid section. 

This is also interesting because in the older seasons you would see the girls getting weighed and they were often around 115-125, I think they want the girls smaller now with the huge HD screen at the stadium.

Am I just off the mark or is 111 pounds for a women who is 5'5'' extremely small? 

Edited by Jess14
Typed wrong weight originally
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Interesting...I didn't think she came across ditzy.  Dare I say I liked her :)

She "played" that way years ago on "Idol" and sometimes on the TV show with her husband. But no, I didn't get that vibe from her on MTT.
I thought she was quite helpful and made insightful comments.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Am I just off the mark or is 111 pounds for a women who is 5'5'' extremely small? 

It depends on her build but yeah even for a small framed woman (and the cheerleaders are all pretty petite in frame), especially one that would be carrying quite a bit of muscle from dance, 111 is pretty small. As far as I recall from various BMI sheets etc, the 'healthy' weight range for that height is about 120-130 for a small framed woman.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I love that she recognised that she's an overweight person criticising the weight of a young, very slim woman.  Every year it annoys me that a number of those judging these girls are oveerweight/very overweight (though both Kitty and Kelli have lost weight recently) but also recognising, that yeah, I'm overweight and calling this girl 'heavy' BUT I don't have to wear that uniform at least puts it out there that they're aware they've hypocritical.  I know that the polo shirt/wind pants look is kind of Kitty's own version of a uniform, but its not flattering.  Even just a shirt that's a better fit would be more flattering to her.  I get that maybe she doesnt care, but you've got everyone else in full hair and makeup and then Kitty. 

That scene actually humanized Kitty for me. It made me like her more.

• Love 14

Yeah I'm with the poster who called out that it's odd a girl who never made show group (didn't they once show a clip of her falling or doing a heavy leap during show group auditions?) and was never close to point (highlighted) is now GL, show group and point.  She's a cute girl but curios about this sudden leap into being K+J favorites.  In my opinion they should have asked Jenn K to stick around for another year instead of Jenna. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

didn't they once show a clip of her falling or doing a heavy leap during show group auditions?

I just saw this over the weekend, she was trying to do some gymnastic move that she screwed up, at which Kitty said her patented "I always tell them not to do crap they can't do."

• Love 4
20 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I can understand your point, but I'd hope a humble male would express his hopes that his preparation and passion could elevate him above the other candidates. Not deliberately say he possessed qualities others didn't and therefore was more deserving. At the end of the day those qualities will speak for themselves. I get both statements are similar especially in writing, but tone is everything with this kind of stuff. Perhaps Gina didn't want to seem like the insecure girl on tv and veered a bit too far the other way. I think of Mandy last year after solo auditions where she said she thought she performed well, but there were so many other talented women there and it just dependened what the judges were looking for that year. To me Mandy was a shoe in, but her ability to be both confident and humble was so likable in that moment. Male or female I'd be looking for the same attitude. 

I live in the Baltimore area and I have watched many interviews of our hometown swimmer Michael Phelps, who is one of the greatest athletes of all time. I have never once heard him talk about how he is better trained or to talk down about his competition. I don't  know if Gina realized how she came across. She seems to be real tight with the girls so I doubt they think she is above them. Remember we do not hear the questions the producers are asking her.

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah I'm with the poster who called out that it's odd a girl who never made show group (didn't they once show a clip of her falling or doing a heavy leap during show group auditions?) and was never close to point (highlighted) is now GL, show group and point.  She's a cute girl but curios about this sudden leap into being K+J favorites.  In my opinion they should have asked Jenn K to stick around for another year instead of Jenna. 

Yeah - her sudden rise to GL, SG and point dancer, after not even being in SG in years prior definitely has me saying "hmmm".  Especially since I don't notice any marked improvement in her dance technique.   Would she be the weakest point dancer they've had since the show has been a thing?  Also, was she even a 2nd GL last year?

Maybe it's because she was nice to Yuko at the calendar shoot?

I know people will argue it's cause of her leadership and personality, but isn't the point dancer always a good technical dancer?  Same deal w/ SG.  So I can see the GL thing happening provided she was a 2nd leader last year, but these other two things puzzle me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

So I can see the GL thing happening provided she was a 2nd leader last year, but these other two things puzzle me. 

It wasn't intended that she be a GL this year; it was intended that she be a 2nd GL.

But when Erica suddenly exited (after KaShara presumably had filled in as GL for some time), K&J had only 2 choices: Move KaShara up to GL or keep her at 2nd and move someone with no GL experience ahead of her. Really, I don't know what else they could have done.

• Love 6