Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

If all of this Holly and Erica mess didn't go down, who do you all think wouldn't make it because of them. I'm sure as hell that Christina knows she wouldn't be there if it wasn't for 2 vets leaving. Maybe Lauren (the rookie with the weight issues)? 

Savanah maybe? Or Rachel due to her being "thick", though she is a strong dancer. Christina for sure IMO.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

This is what I don't get...if they were so publicly humiliated & can't discuss what happened, why do a live chat?  My guess is that they want to show the public how "over it" and mature they are, and people are obliging them with their comments on how "wronged" they were.  "Here I am, pity me, but I'm not telling you what happened" isn't all that mature.  I'd have some respect for Holly if she would have done the "great things to come!" posts (minus the toilet emojis & ridiculous crap about karma) & then advertised her dance classes...she just happens to like the adoration a lot more.

Because I don't buy that in the real world they are "publicly humiliated". Normal people think DCC rules are nuts.

I would equate it to leaving a cult. When you are in, you are in. When you get out, you realize it is crazy, and everyone says I told you so.

They were humiliated in the eyes of a very small handful who live and die by DCC rules. It's like getting kicked out of your sorority -- a few people will be scandalized. The general public knows it is nonsense.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Do you mean Rachel?  Lauren is the one with Farrah hair, she made show group, and has an 8-pack.

Rachel! My bad, but maybe her, Christina, or Gina. Still more to see of who really struggles. 

• Love 1

What happened to Erica being one of the faves on this forum?

Well we've always heard the rumors first here. Caila, Jenna, Holly's partying... we already knew. We've never heard a single thing about Erica. She's been with her bf for a while now and I highly doubt he would take her to Miami had she cheated on him and lost her job for it. Kelli said we would see what happened with Holly, but she keeps saying that Erica is injured. So unless -as somebody else had said- she was sleeping with jerry and Charlotte herself kicked her out, there's nothing she could have done to get cut and the only reason they are not willing to discuss her cut is that it makes the DCC looks bad.

My theory? She was cut for her injury. She was out of practice for a long time and apparently she is still recovering. But if she said that she will be back in action soon, then they would have to let her be out of performances for the first month. So she was cut. But fans won't be happy with one of the faves, former cover girl being cut for something like that when a -let's admit it- hella ugly, mediocre dancer, self admitted "not a smiley cheerleader" was still on the team with an injury that caused harm to others....just because she happens to share a last name with Judy.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

They were humiliated in the eyes of a very small handful who live and die by DCC rules. It's like getting kicked out of your sorority -- a few people will be scandalized. The general public knows it is nonsense.

Maybe not the general public (ok not maybe, definitely LOL), but I'm sure the humiliation was quite public in what appears to be the incestuous Dallas dance world.

8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Rachel! My bad, but maybe her, Christina, or Gina. Still more to see of who really struggles. 

I was pulling for Christina, but I have no doubt she wouldn't have made it otherwise.  Yeah, we'll just have to wait & see who else.

• Love 1

Regarding the Holly "Karma" post, I love a little shade throwing.  Although, we think it was about DCC (and it probably was), it was so vague and generic, it could have been about anyone or anything.  Don't hate on well-crafted shade.  I thought I could never learn anything from a 20 y.o.

Secondly, I agree, the Insta Live was a stunt to show "I'm still alive and kicking."  I'm okay with that too.  Was she just supposed to stop living?  And yes, to a 20 y.o., no social media equals death.

Let's review Holly's crimes since her separation from DCC (please let me know if I missed any):

1) A vague statement about Karma, that may or may not be directed toward the team

2) An Insta Live session where she acted her age, and glossed over questions about DCC and her separation

3) She thanked a fan who praised her composure.

The lynch mob will be forming to the left.

Now, what she has not done (at least publicly):

1) Trashed Jenna or any other DCC

2) Trashed the DCC organization.

3) Violated her non-disclosure agreement.

Overall, I find her behavior quite acceptable.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Although, we think it was about DCC (and it probably was), it was so vague and generic, it could have been about anyone or anything.

I think it was about Jenna, "karma" being her losing point.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, hypeman said:

Regarding the Holly "Karma" post, I love a little shade throwing.  Although, we think it was about DCC (and it probably was), it was so vague and generic, it could have been about anyone or anything.  Don't hate on well-crafted shade.  I thought I could never learn anything from a 20 y.o.

Secondly, I agree, the Insta Live was a stunt to show "I'm still alive and kicking."  I'm okay with that too.  Was she just supposed to stop living?  And yes, to a 20 y.o., no social media equals death.

Let's review Holly's crimes since her separation from DCC (please let me know if I missed any):

1) A vague statement about Karma, that may or may not be directed toward the team

2) An Insta Live session where she acted her age, and glossed over questions about DCC and her separation

3) She thanked a fan who praised her composure.

The lynch mob will be forming to the left.

Now, what she has not done (at least publicly):

1) Trashed Jenna or any other DCC

2) Trashed the DCC organization.

3) Violated her non-disclosure agreement.

Overall, I find her behavior quite acceptable.

I agree!

Actually, I've never seen a dcc insta live that didn't make me want to puke. I ADORE Danielle and I would marry her right here right now... But I still remember her live with jessica for their last game... they both looked and talked like bimbos and the only thing that I remember D. saying is that they (i'm assuming her friends) should find her a husband. It might have been sarcasm, but it wasn't really obvious... and they kept ignoring questions, only reading the comments about their awesome hair etc. totally cringe worthy. But I still love her as a DCC.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Because I don't buy that in the real world they are "publicly humiliated". Normal people think DCC rules are nuts.

I would equate it to leaving a cult. When you are in, you are in. When you get out, you realize it is crazy, and everyone says I told you so.

This made me think of an interview with the actress Sarah Shahi who was a DCC for a season abut 16 years ago -

What was it like being a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader?

Shahi: It was hmm... how to put this in the most PC way? It was very competitive I will say that, it was a great learning experience at the same time. Those cheerleaders make show business look like babies foreplay. They weigh you to the 100th of a pound. If you're above your goal weight you have to sit outside of that week's game. When it's time for water breaks the veterans go first. It's not a democracy.

12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

What happened to Erica being one of the faves on this forum?

Well we've always heard the rumors first here. Caila, Jenna, Holly's partying... we already knew. We've never heard a single thing about Erica. She's been with her bf for a while now and I highly doubt he would take her to Miami had she cheated on him and lost her job for it. Kelli said we would see what happened with Holly, but she keeps saying that Erica is injured. So unless -as somebody else had said- she was sleeping with jerry and Charlotte herself kicked her out, there's nothing she could have done to get cut and the only reason they are not willing to discuss her cut is that it makes the DCC looks bad.

My theory? She was cut for her injury. She was out of practice for a long time and apparently she is still recovering. But if she said that she will be back in action soon, then they would have to let her be out of performances for the first month. So she was cut. But fans won't be happy with one of the faves, former cover girl being cut for something like that when a -let's admit it- hella ugly, mediocre dancer, self admitted "not a smiley cheerleader" was still on the team with an injury that caused harm to others....just because she happens to share a last name with Judy.

is she with the same guy, because I'd swear last night she called him her 'new boyfriend' so is Nolan (I think thats his name) a new BF or was it just a weird thing for her to say if they'd been together a while?

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

I agree that some of the DCC rules are stupid and patronizing. However, these two chose to keep trying out for multiple years, knowing full well what the stupid rules were that they were agreeing to. Likewise, neither of them appears to have left of their own accord, but were shown the door in one way or another. The info, if true, suggests that Holly tried to lie to keep her spot but got caught, not that she said "screw you and your stupid rules." 

I'm just not seeing the angle where they left on principle and now are so above it all. Holly is using her DCC status to promote her workshops, so she sure isn't trying to distance herself from the "cult" too much. They just seem bitter, which may well be justified (we've all been bitter before), but that's all I see. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 8

I do not think they would cut Erica for an injury because Brooke was not cut for her injury which happened during TC and because she was out for the first three months of the regular season due to surgery recovery and rehabilitation. Cassie was brought back for her fifth season after knee surgery and of course Danielle with her foot injury a few weeks before tryouts. I can see the doctors telling Erica do not tempt performing while doing rehab, but they could send her out on appearances or have her at home games even if she is not out on the field.

22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

This made me think of an interview with the actress Sarah Shahi who was a DCC for a season abut 16 years ago -

What was it like being a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader?

Shahi: It was hmm... how to put this in the most PC way? It was very competitive I will say that, it was a great learning experience at the same time. Those cheerleaders make show business look like babies foreplay. They weigh you to the 100th of a pound. If you're above your goal weight you have to sit outside of that week's game. When it's time for water breaks the veterans go first. It's not a democracy.

is she with the same guy, because I'd swear last night she called him her 'new boyfriend' so is Nolan (I think thats his name) a new BF or was it just a weird thing for her to say if they'd been together a while?

I don't know when they started dating, I just meant that she posted pictures of them before the HOF game (when she was still on the team) and they're still together now so it couldn't have been anything about her fraternizing with players.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think they would cut Erica for an injury because Brooke was not cut for her injury which happened during TC and because she was out for the first three months of the regular season due to surgery recovery and rehabilitation. Cassie was brought back for her fifth season after knee surgery and of course Danielle with her foot injury a few weeks before tryouts. I can see the doctors telling Erica do not tempt performing while doing rehab, but they could send her out on appearances or have her at home games even if she is not out on the field.

That doesn't mean she wasn't cut for her injury. We have no other info, while with holly with knew before she even left the team. So i don't know, we can't be sure which is why I won't be too quick to blame a girl who's never got into trouble before. And actually, she never said anything to show that she was kicked off-which is why we all assumed at the beginning that it was a career ending injury or that she was going to come back after her recovery. I would still believe this had they not erased her from the show.

• Love 1

Not trying to sound like a mean girl, but I don't think Ericas injury is all it's being made up to be. On the Insta live last night she was dancing around with Holly, while not full out, it didn't strike me as something someone would do with a severe back and shoulder injury. She was also jamming out and shaking her head around in another video with some friends to a song. 

She could be injured, but the girl isn't in serious pain to not being able to heal in time for the rest of the season. No way she was let go for something this minor. Cassie, Brooke, Danielle, and Angela had major leg injuries most of which required surgery. Handful of other veterans were kept too with smaller issues. K&J do some shady stuff, but I'm not buying that she was let go for that for a second. Something went down. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 8

Here's a wild newbie theory or two - Both Erica and Katharine?(long dark hair in need of a makeover but could dance) both cheered at LSU, I believe. Perhaps Erica didn't like her and Black balled(Andy Griffith reference) her for no reason and she wasn't selected and they later learned that Erica did this. 

The other being they chose to do no more cuts and decided since Erica was out with injury and not known if she would cheer this season they decided to release it and not make any more cuts.

three...maybe Erica blasted Kelly and Judi for Holly' s absence?  ETA perhaps Pain meds are making her seem ok? Still not performing but didn't she at HOF Game?

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not trying to sound like a mean girl, but I don't think Ericas injury is all it's being made up to be. On the Insta live last night she was dancing around with Holly, while not full out, it didn't strike me as something someone who do with a severe back and shoulder injury. She was also jamming out and shaking her head around in another video with some friends to a song. 

She could be injured, but the girl isn't in serious pain to not being able to heal in time for the rest of the season. No way she was let go for something this minor. Cassie, Brooke, Danielle, and Angel had major leg injuries most of which required surgery. Handful of other veterans were kept too with smaller issues. K&J do some shady stuff, but I'm not buying that she was let go for that for a second. Something went down. 

good points ... but to be honest, I've always thought Erica was a tad boring / vanilla ... beautiful as heck but not particularly articulate or polished (like Jenn K) but a good dancer and pretty to look at.  She also seemed boring and seemed to lack the "get into trouble" potential that you could see brewing in Holly, Jenna, Caila ... don't know ...

• Love 5
9 hours ago, hypeman said:

I never was a big Holly fan, and Erica was never on my radar.  However, my heart really goes out to both of them.  They are both enduring a very public situation, which is probably very humiliating to them both.  Furthermore, they can't tell their side of the story due to non-disclosure agreements.  That would just further frustrate me.  I'm sure Holly is inundated daily with private messages and questions about the situation.

I endured a very public shaming for cheating on lab assignment at age 20 (I was afraid I'd get a B in the class), at the hands of my university provost, At the time, my world had fallen apart.  In the grand scheme of things it was a blip.  There were consequences, but it wasn't life ending.   I became severely depressed and chose to hide under a rock.  Holly and Erica have chosen the opposite.  Everyone deals with pain differently, using the best tools they have at the time.  Unfortunately, most people in their 20's don't have many tools.  The whole kit is normally just sex, substances, and anger.

I have done so much dumb shit that seemed right at the time, it's actually funny.  I've often made the wrong choice because I was unable/unwilling to see the better choice.  I also know the wrong choice (like cheating, lying, breaking the rules etc.) is often the softer, easier choice (at least initially). This knowledge has been hard fought.  I have the scars to prove it--literally, and figuratively.  I actively applaud my friends who have endured similar personal struggles, yet were able to make the tough choices in their 20's and 30's.  And now they are reaping the benefits (I don't applaud that so much).

I don't really know what happened.  The rumors we've heard on here can't be the complete story.  I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what happened to Erica

I am currently lying in bed, on my laptop, writing about a situation where I am not emotionally involved, nor have to bear any of the consequences.  FROM THIS VANTAGE POINT I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS.

With all that said, I am choosing to go heavy on the empathy, and light on the judgement.

I love this.  As a mother I think your post shows so much understanding about human nature, real insight, and empathy.  If you were a therapist or psychiatrist I would be scheduling an appointment right now.    

Speaking of which, I think all the adulation, adoration, physical attention and focus, fame, public displays, and talk of being the best and world class, leave some of these women -- unless they are well grounded -- sort of adrift after they exit the DCC.  I can think of several former DCC whom I will not name  (cough*realityshows*cough) whose post-DCC social media reflect a rather vacuous, self-absorbed, and emotionally empty existence.  It makes me sad, especially if they were a favorite.  Kelli and Judy are absolutely right to insist that these women either attend school or maintain a career, as another focus and accomplishment will certainly help with the transition (go to college Kalyssa!).  But perhaps they should also pay for a year's worth of post-DCC emotional therapy. :)

Actually, make that physical therapy as well.   I have often said that I cannot understand why a serious dancer, who hoped to have a meaningful and long-lived dance career, would spend more than one, maybe two, years as a DCC. The strain (and yes, I understand that all dance puts a stress on the body), impact, and changing choreographic demands put a dancer at increased risk.   And when Judy recently mentioned that the kick line has not always been an essential part of the DCC performance, it made me ask whether they should just get rid of it (throw tomatoes now).  The football players, at least, are better compensated for their risk of injuries.   Finally, the repeated mentions of Erica's (allegedly) herniated disks and shoulder injury makes me wonder whether she is laying the groundwork for a suit.  My advice to her would be to take only Advil or Tylenol to manage any pain, and stay away from any stronger meds.      

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 10

One way I could buy that Erica's cut is purely injury-related is if there was a confrontation about it when she got cut and it wasn't amicable. Maybe she was pissed and felt misled about being released after spending all summer with the team and being named a group leader. With the Holly/Jenna stuff likely airing on the show right before this went down, I could see why they would hide it and just pretend like it Erica was never there. Too much drama concerning popular and well-known cheerleaders at once is not a good look for K&J. I don't believe that they wouldn't show it due to comparisons to the Cassie situation. I really don't think they give a damn if ppl think Cassie got favorable treatment, and it seems like it would easy enough to distinguish the Cassie injury if they cared enough to address it.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

good points ... but to be honest, I've always thought Erica was a tad boring / vanilla ... beautiful as heck but not particularly articulate or polished (like Jenn K) but a good dancer and pretty to look at.  She also seemed boring and seemed to lack the "get into trouble" potential that you could see brewing in Holly, Jenna, Caila ... don't know ...

I have seen the DCC perform live only once, in Oxnard in the summer of 2016, and Erica - pretty as she is - was underwhelming.  I thought Erica would be a standout, as she is one of the squad's most photogenic, but my attention was drawn to Amy T., Holly, Jenna, Jenn K., Kelli, Mandy, Melissa, and Robin.  Honestly, Jinelle grabbed my attention more than Erica that day.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not trying to sound like a mean girl, but I don't think Ericas injury is all it's being made up to be. On the Insta live last night she was dancing around with Holly, while not full out, it didn't strike me as something someone would do with a severe back and shoulder injury. She was also jamming out and shaking her head around in another video with some friends to a song. 

There is a huge difference between dancing around for a few minutes with friends and going full out five nights a week, plus all day on game day, plus show group and show group rehearsals, plus your own personal workout to maintain a DCC-approved physique. A season-ending injury doesn't necessarily have to be one that inhibits normal movement causes constant terrible pain. It could be that whatever is wrong with her simply cannot withstand the beating these girls put their bodies through all season, plus the risk of sustaining further injury.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

Danielle and Angela did not have surgery for their injuries. Brooke and Cassie are two girls who had surgeries, and I think a few others had surgeries, but they were not cut from the team because of said injuries. In the case of Erica, she might have been told do not attempt to perform with your injuries, not too bad you have not healed or gotten worse so we are cutting while we can. I think Kelli and Judy were probably willing to give Erica time to heal and get rehab plus possible surgery like they have done in the past, but they may also have told her to leave the team in order to heal properly.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Danielle and Angela did not have surgery for their injuries. Brooke and Cassie are two girls who had surgeries, and I think a few others had surgeries, but they were not cut from the team because of said injuries. In the case of Erica, she might have been told do not attempt to perform with your injuries, not too bad you have not healed or gotten worse so we are cutting while we can. I think Kelli and Judy were probably willing to give Erica time to heal and get rehab plus possible surgery like they have done in the past, but they may also have told her to leave the team in order to heal properly.

I didn't claim all of them needed surgery, they were just depicted as worse than what we've heard/seen of Erica. 

And that's what doesn't make sense - leave the team to heal and comeback...why not just keep her in uniform and have her do allstar duties and appearances? That's a crappy solution to a temporary problem for one of the girls that seemed most valued. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She was also jamming out and shaking her head around in another video with some friends to a song. 

Yeah, but was she hair-flipping? ;-)

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

the repeated mentions of Erica's (allegedly) herniated disks and shoulder injury makes me wonder whether she is laying the groundwork for a suit.

Exactly what I thought.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

I have seen the DCC perform live only once, in Oxnard in the summer of 2016, and Erica - pretty as she is - was underwhelming.  I thought Erica would be a standout, as she is one of the squad's most photogenic, but my attention was drawn to Amy T., Holly, Jenna, Jenn K., Kelli, Mandy, Melissa, and Robin.  Honestly, Jinelle grabbed my attention more than Erica that day.  

This!

Has anyone ever noticed how few videos are available online of the girls dancing.  I mean a complete routine.  They post them on twitter and such but they are so short, and that feels like a recent development (like this year).  There is no time limit on Facebook.  The show is even worse.  I can't understand why in a 43 min show (with commercials) we can't get one full routine.  I know they're in the studio and dance in groups there, then give 30 unedited seconds for each groups.  That's only 2 min.  The stuff that's on Youtube has been filmed by others outside the organization.  The show gives you all this choppy stuff, you might be lucky to get 10 seconds of dancing without changing girls.

I happened to search DC Rhythm and Blues and multiple LSU squads.  Tons of professionally grade videos.  No crazy editing, just the dancing.  I'm sure other NFL squads publish tons of vids.  Try searching your hometown teams squad.  They might suck, but they have up quality vids put out by them.

Why would the best professional cheerleading squad in the world have nothing out there?

I got a theory.  The "reality" show actually predates Youtube, etc. and their social media person sucks ass big time.  There is an intentional effort for viewers not to get a look at the girls dancing too much.  All those slow motion shots (think Gina in the show group audition).  Those look good, but you can't really judge the dancing.  Singers do this all the time in music videos (think Michelle from Destiny's Child and any of the girls in Fifth Harmony(except the black one-she;s had like 10 years of dance training))   They just want to be able to craft the narrative.  This one is great!  This one can't get our style.  Think about how much actual dancing you've seen from any rookie over any season.  In reality, that extends to the vets too.

Really pay attention to show group auditions this week.  They're going to tell you who's good, and show a micro clip to support it.  I have no doubt that Gina, Kalyssa, and Lauren made show group based on looks.  Khalyn and Bess are really ignored because we can never see a full routine, but they are great.

I bet we don't hear a peep about Keyra's or Khalyn's dancing.  I believe they kill it, as always.  But with Robin, Cersten, and Jenna already in SG . . . you know the rest.

They don't want us to see for ourselves who really deserves a spot based on dancing, even after the team is put together!

Edited by hypeman
spelling
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

And that's what doesn't make sense - leave the team to heal and comeback...why not just keep her in uniform and have her do allstar duties and appearances? That's a crappy solution to a temporary problem for one of the girls that seemed most valued. 

Exactly.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Really pay attention to show group auditions this week.  They're going to tell you who's good, and show a micro clip to support it.  I have no doubt that Gina, Kalyssa, and Lauren made show group based on looks.  Khalyn and Bess are really ignored because we can never see a full routine, but they are great.

I bet we don't hear a peep about Keyra's or Khalyn's dancing.  I believe they kill it, as always.  But with Robin, Cersten, and Jenna already in SG . . . you know the rest.

They don't want us to see for ourselves who really deserves a spot based on dancing, even after the team is put together!

If I could like this 17 times, I would. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

A season-ending injury doesn't necessarily have to be one that inhibits normal movement causes constant terrible pain.

She claims to have 5 "bulging discs" in her neck, I'd imagine that would inhibit normal movement & cause terrible pain in every day life.

4 minutes ago, hypeman said:

This!

Has anyone ever noticed how few videos are available online of the girls dancing.  I mean a complete routine.  They post them on twitter and such but they are so short, and that feels like a recent development (like this year).  There is no time limit on Facebook.  The show is even worse.  I can't understand why in a 43 min show (with commercials) we can't get one full routine.  I know they're in the studio and dance in groups there, then give 30 unedited seconds for each groups.  That's only 2 min.  The stuff that's on Youtube has been filmed by others outside the organization.  The show gives you all this choppy stuff, you might be lucky to get 10 seconds of dancing without changing girls.

I happened to search DC Rhythm and Blues and multiple LSU squads.  Tons of professionally grade videos.  No crazy editing, just the dancing.  I'm sure other NFL squads publish tons of vids.  Try searching your hometown teams squad.  They might suck, but they have up quality vids put out by them.

Why would the best professional cheerleading squad in the world have nothing out there?

I got a theory.  The "reality" show actually predates Youtube, etc. and their social media person sucks ass big time.  There is an intentional effort for viewers not to get a look at the girls dancing too much.  All those slow motion shots (think Gina in the show group audition).  Those look good, but you can't really judge the dancing.  Singers do this all the time in music videos (think Michelle from Destiny's Child and any of the girls in Fifth Harmony(except the black one-she;s had like 10 years of dance training))   They just want to be able to craft the narrative.  This one is great!  This one can't get our style.  Think about how much actual dancing you've seen from any rookie over any season.  In reality, that extends to the vets too.

Agree 100%.   Based on this year I feel many of us are becoming wiser to what is going on and acknowledging it here !

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

She claims to have 5 "bulging discs" in her neck, I'd imagine that would inhibit normal movement & cause terrible pain in every day life.

A cursory google search tells me that's not always so, and that the level of damage may or may not correspond to the amount of pain the person feels. I just learned a few things - it's an interesting subject. I had no idea herniated discs were so common.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Why was she flipping her hair so damn hard in the first place? lol To do ALL OF THAT damage after just 3 years. 

Admittedly I broke my spine in three places in an accident and do have genetic issues in my back, but last year I stood up and herniated three disks.  Tht was all I did.  Stand up. No differently to how I always do. One movement is all it takes to herniate or damage a disk.  She also mentioned havng DDD, which I also have, and while she's young to have it in her neck (we all get it eventually, but tends to start in the lumbar region) it would make her neck more prone to damage.  you also don't know what congenital issues she might have that even she might not have known about until an injujry (like me, we didn't discover I hve  boat load of spinal issus until I broke it. I'd always had pain but I was tall and people always complaing about back pain so I thought it was normal). 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not necessarily.  bulging doesn't mean that the disk material is compressing the spinal cord it might not even be pressing against it.  just bulging out of place. which normally takes 6-8 weeks to heal naturally, but once it happens once, it's mre likely to happen again

Both Kelli and Shelly have said that Erica is injured, and Shelly specifically said it was a back injury. Plus, Erica was missing from quite a few performances last year as well. Why would she lie about her injury? Unless Kelli and Shelly are in on it too.

10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Both Kelli and Shelly have said that Erica is injured, and Shelly specifically said it was a back injury. Plus, Erica was missing from quite a few performances last year as well. Why would she lie about her injury? Unless Kelli and Shelly are in on it too.

Not saying she's not injured at all, just that it being the factor of her leaving doesn't add up. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She could be injured, but the girl isn't in serious pain to not being able to heal in time for the rest of the season. No way she was let go for something this minor. Cassie, Brooke, Danielle, and Angela had major leg injuries most of which required surgery. Handful of other veterans were kept too with smaller issues. K&J do some shady stuff, but I'm not buying that she was let go for that for a second. Something went down. 

She was also doing cartwheels....

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

For attention. They obviously know people are going to ask those type of questions..because who else follows them besides former/current DCC's and fans.

That's kind of my point. The only reason the majority of their followers "follow" them on social media is because they were DCC and they have a fan base. So to ignore the questions regarding why people even like them in the first place just seems like a joke. I would have had a lot more respect for them to just be like, "hey look, we know you guys have a lot of questions about our status with the team, but shit went down and we can't talk about it". Instead you could see them glazing over the questions and focusing on the stupidest stuff. Sorry Holly, sorry Erica but people really don't care about what your favorite movie is or what your favorite makeup is. I think they need to get over themselves a little bit. Or a lot. 

I wonder how long they will ride the coattails of DCC

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 1

I can't help but notice all of the recent comments about how the team does not seem world class, how the rehearsal/performance photos show a mess of dancers not in sync, bad technique etc. and how this coincides with Holly and Erica leaving.. It almost seems as though you can only have one or the other at times.  A very strong dance team, or a team of angels who never break ridiculous DCC rules.

I'm not saying this is the case every year, but it just seems like K&J chose to have the rule-followers on the team at the expense of a strong dance team this year.  I'm also not saying that Holly and Erica carried the whole squad, but they were certainly strong performers and it is interesting that their departure happened right before we start seeing the poor dance quality of this year's squad (Alexandria marking the half-time dance, Christina's bad jump split, all dancers on different counts etc.)

I am almost certain that a few rookies only made the squad because of Erica and Holly leaving and opening spots up, and it really seems to show in their dances.  

• Love 2

WOW I just saw Erica's insta she just posted.  "I'm gonna soak up the sun, I'm gonna tell everyone to lighten up"  Sheryl Crow....ya right those words are exactly what Erica is thinking.  That is really cocky of Erica.  She is turning into acting like Holly.  So sad.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, kary said:

WOW I just saw Erica's insta she just posted.  "I'm gonna soak up the sun, I'm gonna tell everyone to lighten up"  Sheryl Crow....ya right those words are exactly what Erica is thinking.  That is really cocky of Erica.  She is turning into acting like Holly.  So sad.

I guess Im seeing that post a bit differently - how is it any different to every other DCC that posts bikini shots with song lyrics? Kelsey posts similar all the time, so does Simone, Jinelle has I think, Erica has done the same in the past.  they're always posting bikini shots. Im not really seeing the cockiness here. Is there potentially shade in the lyrics choice, maybe, but then shes lying in the sun and the song is called Soak Up The Sun so....

• Love 8

It's a lot different because I feel she is telling everyone to lighten up and quit trying to figure out where things went wrong for her.  I am sure deep inside she is very sad.

Edited by kary
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, kary said:

It's a lot different because I feel she is telling everyone to lighten up and quit trying to figure out where things went wrong for her.  

You said it yourself, you "feel" she is telling that. Not attacking you, you may be right or @CaseyRe might be right. I just think that unless we get a few answers some time soon, we will keep tearing apart every single post for hidden meaning.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Savanah maybe? Or Rachel due to her being "thick", though she is a strong dancer. Christina for sure IMO.

I feel like they wouldn't take anyone if they are not game ready. In one of the previous seasons, Kelli asked Judy if the triangle would be messed up if they didn't have 36. She said no, so they were contemplating cutting more and having a squad of less then 36. So I think those rookies on the bubble made it because they deserved it at that particular moment. Only time will tell if they will grow and learn or be one year girls. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MelTexGirl said:

I feel like they wouldn't take anyone if they are not game ready. In one of the previous seasons, Kelli asked Judy if the triangle would be messed up if they didn't have 36. She said no, so they were contemplating cutting more and having a squad of less then 36. So I think those rookies on the bubble made it because they deserved it at that particular moment. Only time will tell if they will grow and learn or be one year girls. 

maybe I'm just cynical, but a good part of me wonders just how much it's true tho - it looks good in promos and tv spots to have the drama of K&J contemplating cutting even more girls than expected. drama=higher ratings.  I'm not saying that the triangle wouldnt be fine with 34 or whatever (I think that year they were discussing 34), but that whether they were really considering cutting 4 girls instead of 2, or if it were all CMT suggested to build interest in promos.

• Love 2

Did anyone notice Savannah mess up on the DCC Instagram story? When she was doing group sidelines Lacey had called 5678 to stop and wave to the crowd, but Savannah carried on dancing then looked sheepish and made an awfully uncomfortable open mouthed smile to try and cover. Was a fan up until now but that's put me off her

• Love 2
On 9/12/2017 at 0:44 PM, California Girl said:

Kelsi Reich . . . was a great performer and used to teach prep classes with Michelle Keys a [while] back. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but watching former DCCs Kelsi and Michelle teach in the video above reminds me that some of those "Old School" -- albeit still relatively recent --DCC had the power, projection, charisma, and talent to compete with today's best, and outperform a lot of current ones; even given that the choreography was less complicated or hip-hop centric at that time.

16 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

A year ago when I first discovered this show, I though it was a fun diversion.  I binge-watched seasons 3-11 to get caught up.  And since I've discovered this forum and read bits and pieces of rumor and innuendo, I've come to the conclusion that the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are nothing more than corporately sponsored prostitution without the physical act of sexual intercourse.  Professional strippers without the table dances or removal of clothes if you will.  Yeah, I'm pissed off.  These girls are forced to live a certain way and the rules don't apply evenly to all on the team.  The girls are using sex to sell a brand.    Nevermind.........this shit disgusts me.  I hope Erica and Holly say fuck you to the Cowboys Organization and they write a tell-all book.  I have a friend that works for an attorney as his paralegal and she says there are myriad ways around non-disclosure agreements.  The easiest being writing a "fictional" account of what goes on without naming names.  Also, non-disclosure agreements cannot be constructed as to prevent someone that signed one from the ability to earn a living.  I am so pissed off........I should quit now.

I would pay an embarrassing amount of money for a legit DCC tell-all book.

• Love 19