Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: I Don't Wanna Talk About It

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

YESSSSSSS I would totally love to see some of these teen moms/dads on the challenge.  Lets see them get their butt kicked. 

Off topic but somewhat related: when I was a little buzzed this weekend, I stumbled across the idea for the saddest show in history. A series of where are they now documentaries based on the non-celebrity cast members of all VH1's "X of Love" series, based on the top thirteen saddest outcomes. By my count there were at least 120 different losers on these shows, and the further down you go, the more depressing it gets. Flavor of Love (2 seasons?) begat I Love New York (2 seasons), and just between those two shows, you're talking about 40 different losers. How many rehab stints? How many venerial diseases? Unwanted pregnancies? Do any of them own anything? How many are in or have been in jail? Sorry, please resume. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

It seems anything relating to Chelsea, including Cole, just has to be looked upon different by her haters on her social media.

Numbing is definitely not healthy.  Children who have been molested, like me, shut out and numb themselves to the point where it can cause serious damage. Children who have been abused tend to shut down and numb their pain. I look at Jace and see a little boy who is already showing signs of shutting down his feelings. Pretty soon it will be Kaiser. Aubree is being stimulated in a healthy way by her mother and her side of the family. She may not be fully aware of what exactly her "dad" is doing to her, but sadly, she will be old enough and will notice how he treats her different because Adumb makes it obvious that she is not wanted.

For reals.  There used to be a poster who for a while there, I was convinced was actually Adam.   They found zero fault in ANYTHING he did and blamed everything on Chelsea, to a comical extent.  I've noticed that some people will bend over backwards to find fault with her, picking apart the most mundane, harmless behavior.   Haterz gon hate, I guess.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Off topic but somewhat related: when I was a little buzzed this weekend, I stumbled across the idea for the saddest show in history. A series of where are they now documentaries based on the non-celebrity cast members of all VH1's "X of Love" series, based on the top thirteen saddest outcomes. 

I read this quickly and thought it was an actual thing and got so excited.  Can we make this happen?  Am I a terrible person for wanting to watch it?  What ever happened to all of those Rock of Love girls..?

Anyway, I watched last night and I just love Aubree.  I think Chelsea is doing a great job of protecting her and maintaining her childhood innocence as best she can.  She's so positive and loving with her.  I have no doubt Aubree will struggle at times in her life with the fact that her bio dad is giant douchebag.  However, she has a very loving mother and extended family supporting her.  I think she'll be just fine and no doubt her odds are the best out of all of these kids.  

I agree that Leah's weight has been very troubling this season.  The camera really does add a few pounds so if she looks like that on screen, I can only imagine how emaciated she must be in real life.  I caught myself wondering why no one has said anything to her and then I remember it's Leah and her family is horrible.  I guess Corey and Germy don't want to rock the boat maybe?  She could really be in danger of suffering some major health issues.  As sad as it is, my concern is not so much for her as it is for the girlses.  She really needs to pull it together for them.  

Karl continues to be a beast.  I do get a laugh out of watching her continuously piss her money away though.  Hawaii?  I can't wait until the MTV money dries up and reality hits her in the face.    

• Love 8

Last season that particular poster argued very passionately that Chelsea should have made more of an effort to get Adam to the Father-Daughter Dance.  You know, because it is her job to pre-program events into his phone and send him weekly reminders.  Apparently Chelsea should have done everything short of driving Adam to the event herself.  Why it was the mother's responsibility to chase the father around and force them to an event was beyond me. 

They also argued that since Chelsea was earning money from MTV, Adam shouldn't have to pay more than $150 a month.  Because clearly long-suffering Adam hasn't been on the show just as long and hasn't also been earning nice paychecks for being an arse on camera.  And that surely Adam was entitled to unsupervised visitation by now because he hasn't been arrested within the last year. 

I believe that Chelsea was genuinely upset about Adam not calling for Aubree's birthday.  She cried last season when Aubree told her that Adam promised that she could stay with him and that you can "never, ever break a promise" (that broke my heart).  We have seen her in tears thinking about how Aubree's relationship with Adam was always going to be one of disappointment and being let down especially compared to her relationship with Randy.  It upsets her that Aubree won't have that kind of support with her own father which was part of the reason why she has encouraged Cole and Aubree to be close. 

• Love 13

The one thing that got me about the Chelsea crying over Adam's lack of involvement, that really struck a chord and seemed to hit a level of self-awareness these girls are often incapable of, was her assertion (I think to her mother) that she felt bad for having saddled such a wonderful little kid with such a terrible father, that she knew it was partially her fault that Aubrey had a douchebag for a dad. It was touching, maybe the first adult moment on the show (followed by a number of Jo Rivera adult moments that surprised us all). 

• Love 24
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Plus it also gives her the perfect passive-aggressive opportunity to trash Barb to Jace. "New York was so fun. We tried to take you, but MeMe said no...". 

Ohhhh yes. I'm sure, David, especially, won't miss any opportunity to remind Jace of how "Bad Mimi" never lets him do anything fun. 

12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

The thing that worries me is Adumb verbally abusing Aubree when she gets older. Adumb had no problem calling Aubree names before she was even born. Aubree will get older and when Adumb misses her 14th birthday, she may likely call him out on it or simply inquire why he didn't acknowledge her special day. To Adumb, any inquiry by any female is a time to shut her down or verbally abuse her. I can't forget the awful things he said to Chelsea when she asked him simple things such as why he was late or why didn't he call her.

THIS. He is very very nasty. He relished in putting Chelsea down and preying upon her insecurities. I'll never forget him calling the woman who just carried and birthed his child a "fat, stretchmark bitch". He clearly hates women and is not the kind of male figure a young girl needs in her life. 

3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

All it means is Aubree had a birthday party for her friends who are likely some classmates. Chelsea and the parents of those kids wouldn't want their kids filmed for Teen Mom. I can see Chelsea making a day for Aubree before the actual birthday party.

That's what I was thinking. My kids usually have something small at home with just us parents and their siblings on the actual birthday. I'll bake them something simple, make their favorite dinner, and we open a few presents. We save the theme decorations, cake, and majority of presents for their actual party. And yea, I'm sure a lot of the kids have parents who don't want them filmed for MTV. 

2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Numbing is definitely not healthy.  Children who have been molested, like me, shut out and numb themselves to the point where it can cause serious damage. Children who have been abused tend to shut down and numb their pain. I look at Jace and see a little boy who is already showing signs of shutting down his feelings.

Ugh yes, when he starts singing to himself to help cope it just breaks my little heart. I know Barb really does try, but I'd love to know that kid is in therapy. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, hoosiermom said:

Chelsea has haters? Hard to believe. Must all be Adumb's family and maybe the other Teen mom 2 girls.

If the most despicable people on this show can have fans (Jenelle, what???), then a nice girl like Chelsea is going to have haters. The world is a confusing and troubling place. 

• Love 14

Javi had posted a Snapchat at one of the reunions where it picked up Barb saying something about Jace seeing a psychologist for testing. She later said on one of the reunion shows that he had been diagnosed with ADHD or something similar. Hopefully, he is getting talk therapy, too. Barb also said that he really liked his Cub Scout group and leader, so there are other positive adults in his life.

The photos of Jace with Emory Board (seriously can't remember her real name) where he looks so thin reminds me of my nephew who lost weight on some of those ADHD meds. He was thin to begin with, but they kept having to change the meds because he lost so much weight. He absolutely struggled something awful in school without them, though. The scene at that Tea Party place where Jace was anxious about whether or not he'll have to go live with Janelle looked like he was coming down off those meds. They caused a bit of emotional issues for my nephew as the were wearing off, then he became the Tasmanian Devil for about an hour. Fun times. 

Jace and Kaiser break my heart. At least Jace has Barb and he knows she loves him, but Kaiser is going to witness some horrors in his lifetime. Even if Nathan doesn't physically harm Kaiser, any woman in his life is at risk, and Kaiser will see and hear it. Janelle and UBT are a murder/suicide waiting to happen, and I fear that UBT will take out his anger on Kaiser, because he looks so much like Nathan.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

It seems anything relating to Chelsea, including Cole, just has to be looked upon different by her haters on her social media.

Numbing is definitely not healthy.  Children who have been molested, like me, shut out and numb themselves to the point where it can cause serious damage. Children who have been abused tend to shut down and numb their pain. I look at Jace and see a little boy who is already showing signs of shutting down his feelings. Pretty soon it will be Kaiser. Aubree is being stimulated in a healthy way by her mother and her side of the family. She may not be fully aware of what exactly her "dad" is doing to her, but sadly, she will be old enough and will notice how he treats her different because Adumb makes it obvious that she is not wanted.

I was too. *hugs* 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Off topic but somewhat related: when I was a little buzzed this weekend, I stumbled across the idea for the saddest show in history. A series of where are they now documentaries based on the non-celebrity cast members of all VH1's "X of Love" series, based on the top thirteen saddest outcomes. By my count there were at least 120 different losers on these shows, and the further down you go, the more depressing it gets. Flavor of Love (2 seasons?) begat I Love New York (2 seasons), and just between those two shows, you're talking about 40 different losers. How many rehab stints? How many venerial diseases? Unwanted pregnancies? Do any of them own anything? How many are in or have been in jail? Sorry, please resume. 

LOL, didn't Flavor of Love have 3 seasons? Sad that I  know this.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Yep, there was one right here on these boards last season.

Not absolutely loving her or everything she does does not make one a "hater," imo. There are nuances to everything. It's possible to be critical of some things someone does or says, but supportive of others.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I was too. *hugs* 

*hugs*

Javi had posted a Snapchat at one of the reunions where it picked up Barb saying something about Jace seeing a psychologist for testing.

Barb was heard saying Jace was hearing voices.

Just now, Lm2162 said:

All I can say is, watching this while pregnant is making me feel really sanctimonious. I'm over here missing my wine and some of these girls didn't even skip their heroin or pillses while carrying these poor kids. 

Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy progresses well and we have a new addition soon to our group here.

I know what you mean. Jenelle and Leah claimed they didn't smoke during their pregnancies, but Leah was caught smoking while pregnant with Adderal.

• Love 2

I don't personally *love* Chelsea except in relation to the others. She irritates me but she seems like a good mom and decent person and I'd defend her against Adam any day. 

Some people just think people should be grateful for scraps from a dad because many are absent and will defend the dad to the death. I don't think so (nor do I think moms should be exempt from complaints...I think that happens too, but it's different in certain ways because of our presumed gender roles). I don't believe in excusing anything because "that's how guys are," which was pretty much this poster's view on Adam. Like "guys can't remember dates for school events." Definitely don't think that's gender specific. Not bashing that person because it's a common view actually. I just don't agree with a gender, male or female, as an excuse for anything. 

5 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

*hugs*

Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy progresses well and we have a new addition soon to our group here.

I know what you mean. Jenelle and Leah claimed they didn't smoke during their pregnancies, but Leah was caught smoking while pregnant with Adderal.

Thanks! 4 months.  Don't worry, I'm not using TM for parenting advice. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

All I can say is, watching this while pregnant is making me feel really sanctimonious. I'm over here missing my wine and some of these girls didn't even skip their heroin or pillses while carrying these poor kids. 

All of the Teen Moms made me feel really good about my future parenting when I was pregnant. Sure, I ate tacos for dinner three nights a week and double-fisted ice cream while crying about being fat, but I never smoked, drank, did drugs or generally neglected the little person my body was busy growing. Old 16 and Pregnant episode help me feel like a pretty decent first-time mom too. 

Edited by Birdee
"litter" and "little" are different words
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't personally *love* Chelsea except in relation to the others. She irritates me but she seems like a good mom and decent person and I'd defend her against Adam any day. 

Some people just think people should be grateful for scraps from a dad because many are absent and will defend the dad to the death. I don't think so (nor do I think moms should be exempt from complaints...I think that happens too, but it's different in certain ways because of our presumed gender roles). I don't believe in excusing anything because "that's how guys are," which was pretty much this poster's view on Adam. Not bashing that person because it's a common view actually. I just don't agree with a gender, male or female, as an excuse for anything. 

Thanks! 4 months.  Don't worry, I'm not using TM for parenting advice. 

If anything, just do the opposite of what they do! LOL

Four months? Ohhhh *squeal* How exciting!

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Christina said:

Javi had posted a Snapchat at one of the reunions where it picked up Barb saying something about Jace seeing a psychologist for testing. She later said on one of the reunion shows that he had been diagnosed with ADHD or something similar. Hopefully, he is getting talk therapy, too. Barb also said that he really liked his Cub Scout group and leader, so there are other positive adults in his life.

You're right; I'd forgotten about that. As much as I don't like that kind of info being aired to the public, I am relieved to know he's hopefully getting some help. 

2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I really do think that poster from last season was Adam, or a girlfriend of his, since the poster was semi-articulate. They would fight to the death that Adam was right about everything!

Maybe it was Dr. Drew. He seems to adore Adumb. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Some people just think people should be grateful for scraps from a dad because many are absent and will defend the dad to the death.

Preach.  

I am undeniably very close to my dad.  Don't get me wrong, he was the king of all asshole dads while I was growing up.  He's even apologized for it.  My kids though?  I don't speak with their dad much.  Last I heard, my youngest said, "I'm done with him."  

Their dad, like Adumb, wants to blame every single body other than himself.  My youngest just had to ask me for his dad's number, apparently he was done enough to delete his contact info.  I see this happening in Aubree's future.  "I'm sorry your dad is being a bit of a butt again.  But he seems like he wants to make up for it now."

Bullsnot.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Last season that particular poster argued very passionately that Chelsea should have made more of an effort to get Adam to the Father-Daughter Dance.  You know, because it is her job to pre-program events into his phone and send him weekly reminders.  Apparently Chelsea should have done everything short of driving Adam to the event herself.  Why it was the mother's responsibility to chase the father around and force them to an event was beyond me. 

They also argued that since Chelsea was earning money from MTV, Adam shouldn't have to pay more than $150 a month.  Because clearly long-suffering Adam hasn't been on the show just as long and hasn't also been earning nice paychecks for being an arse on camera.  And that surely Adam was entitled to unsupervised visitation by now because he hasn't been arrested within the last year. 

I believe that Chelsea was genuinely upset about Adam not calling for Aubree's birthday.  She cried last season when Aubree told her that Adam promised that she could stay with him and that you can "never, ever break a promise" (that broke my heart).  We have seen her in tears thinking about how Aubree's relationship with Adam was always going to be one of disappointment and being let down especially compared to her relationship with Randy.  It upsets her that Aubree won't have that kind of support with her own father which was part of the reason why she has encouraged Cole and Aubree to be close. 

We're definitely talking about the same poster.  ;)  Wonder whatever happened to them.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I really do think that poster from last season was Adam, or a girlfriend of his, since the poster was semi-articulate. They would fight to the death that Adam was right about everything!

I vote girlfriend. Have you seen how Adam writes? 

There were also a lot of comments about how "women just have to accept how guys are" and Chelsea should too...Sounds exactly like someone trying to convince herself that some shitty dude's behavior is OK. I'm in a pregnancy group and women whose spouses are total dicks (like, calling them fat and ugly during their pregnancies, not even mentioning their birthdays, texting other women, etc) are always using the "boys will be boys" excuse. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

I figured Leah would be the worst. I mean, the schoolses ain't well.

I have a hard time reading through her hashtags.

Growing up, I knew hashtags as a lopsided tic-tac-toe. Thank you Lucy Ricardo!

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Chelsea has haters? Hard to believe. Must all be Adumb's family and maybe the other Teen mom 2 girls.

I actually don't care for her.  I don't hate her, but I can't really stand her.

1 hour ago, Christina said:

The photos of Jace with Emory Board (seriously can't remember her real name) where he looks so thin reminds me of my nephew who lost weight on some of those ADHD meds. He was thin to begin with, but they kept having to change the meds because he lost so much weight. He absolutely struggled something awful in school without them, though. The scene at that Tea Party place where Jace was anxious about whether or not he'll have to go live with Janelle looked like he was coming down off those meds. They caused a bit of emotional issues for my nephew as the were wearing off, then he became the Tasmanian Devil for about an hour. Fun times. 

Interesting thought, I think you are probably right.  My son was diagnosed with ADHD and his medication has ruined his once healthy appetite.  He never feels like eating, I have to get him smoothies to put weight on him.  I tried his medicine myself (I figured I should, as hs mother just check it out - I know I am not supposed to do that), I was curious about how it would make me feel.  I felt ok but I was SO NOT HUNGRY.  I actually feel bad for kids like Jace and my son (and your nephew) because it would suck to not be hungry all day and have to force feed myself all day.

As a side note - interesting about the crazy hour when coming down from the medication.  My son has that witching hour and it happens to be when I get home from work, so that's fun!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

I figured Leah would be the worst. I mean, the schoolses ain't well.

I have a hard time reading through her hashtags.

Growing up, I knew hashtags as a lopsided tic-tac-toe. Thank you Lucy Ricardo!

You're right, Leah could give Jeremy a run for his money. They have a similar "out in the holler, we don't use punctuation" writing style. Leah tends to write snippets rather than rants, though, to her benefit; I'd hate to be her writing instructor in college (I teach first-year writing at a university. I'm trying to imagine a Leah in my class...)  

Ever tried to get through a Jeremy Instagram rant? 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

LOL, didn't Flavor of Love have 3 seasons? Sad that I  know this.

Not absolutely loving her or everything she does does not make one a "hater," imo. There are nuances to everything. It's possible to be critical of some things someone does or says, but supportive of others.

I was speaking about that certain poster that others are referring to in this thread.  The one who fought to the death that Adam was always right and every negative thing he did was somehow Chelsea's fault.  You know, the definition of a hater.

45 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I was convinced last season that it was either Adam or someone who knew him.  I just could not conceive of any rational, logical thinking person who would go to such lengths to defend him.  It made no sense.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I vote girlfriend. Have you seen how Adam writes? 

There were also a lot of comments about how "women just have to accept how guys are" and Chelsea should too...Sounds exactly like someone trying to convince herself that some shitty dude's behavior is OK. I'm in a pregnancy group and women whose spouses are total dicks (like, calling them fat and ugly during their pregnancies, not even mentioning their birthdays, texting other women, etc) are always using the "boys will be boys" excuse. 

omg, PREACH.   If I hear "must be nice to be the dad" from another mom in one of my mom groups my head might explode.  Quit trying to normalize shitty fathers.  It's not the norm and it's not okay.  It's obvious they're just doing it to make themselves feel better but it's infuriating nonetheless.   My husband is an awesome dad.  He's human and has his faults but we are 50/50 for the most part.   I wouldn't think twice (and haven't) about leaving for a weekend on business (or pleasure) and leaving him and the kids alone.  It's sad that a lot of mothers don't trust their own children's fathers to spend a couple of days alone with them. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

We're definitely talking about the same poster.  ;)  Wonder whatever happened to them.

Yes I remember that! I too wonder when and why some men are excused from the rules of basic human decency. Chelsea has her faults, but her remorse that Aubree will never have the sort of father-daughter relationship SHE has with Randy because she chose to have a baby with a guy like Adam is real. 

• Love 10

Yes I remember that! I too wonder when and why some men are excused from the rules of basic human decency.

Possibly for the same reasons why the likes of Kail continues to get praise from her followers and gets excused for being abusive. One of the constant excuses thrown out by Kail's Twitter and Instagram fans is she had it tough growing up.  Doesn't the same hold for anyone else? Where are the excuses for the rest of the clan including the guys? It is as if society doesn't hold female abusers to the same standards as male abusers.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

Possibly for the same reasons why the likes of Kail continues to get praise from her followers and gets excused for being abusive. One of the constant excuses thrown out by Kail's Twitter and Instagram fans is she had it tough growing up.  Doesn't the same hold for anyone else? Where are the excuses for the rest of the clan including the guys? It is as if society doesn't hold female abusers to the same standards as male abusers.

I definitely think that's true sometimes. 

I've seen the same excuses used for male abusers, though-- "she made him mad," "he was drunk," etc. Sometimes I think it's gendered and sometimes I think it's just in these circles, abuse is expected and you only call the cops when it gets really bad. From what I understand neither Jenelle nor any of her beaus have served any time for their abuse. Even the law seems to be lax.

I'm more disturbed by Kail's racism. And Jeremy's. But Kailyn's has the potential to be more harmful because her kids are mixed race. I don't know if other cast members are racist. I'd assume Leah, Jenelle and Corey are but I don't know. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I like Chelsea well enough, but I don't hero worship her. She's just the best out of a really shitty lot.

This is about how I feel about Chelsea. She is a sweet person and a good mother, but she has lead a very charmed life and has had the fortune of a great, stable family and MTV money. Really, if her TM2 cohorts were nice people and loving mothers like she is and were hardworking, intelligent, responsible, and humble, she wouldn't stand out as much as she does in this shitty crowd.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Jace and Kaiser break my heart. At least Jace has Barb and he knows she loves him, but Kaiser is going to witness some horrors in his lifetime. Even if Nathan doesn't physically harm Kaiser, any woman in his life is at risk, and Kaiser will see and hear it. Janelle and UBT are a murder/suicide waiting to happen, and I fear that UBT will take out his anger on Kaiser, because he looks so much like Nathan.

If this is true thank god. Jace needs therapy and some extracurricular activities. 

• Love 1

I can't figure out how to do this for visual snark but Babs in the plastic lips looked almost exactly as Janice Dickson from ANTM.  I was dying laughing.  (Also on a nice note:  Jace and her have such a good bond)

• Love 8
  • 10 hours ago, gunderda said:
    • It's possible this cake was for an actual birthday party with friends and/or extended family and the carrot cake was just their 'family' celebration on the day of Aubrey's birthday.

Really? It screamed reenactment to me. Aubree's face constantly registered confusion at the charade, the standing while presenting the two gifts that Aubree was thoroughly unmoved by (though Cole seemed to love them), the cake in the plastic grocery store bag and still with the lid on, Aubree putting the candle in herself, and a pinata for one kid? "Do you feel spesh?" LMAO, not at all.

7 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Last season that particular poster argued very passionately that Chelsea should have made more of an effort to get Adam to the Father-Daughter Dance.

Not here but elsewhere I argued Chelsea could have made an effort to ensure Adam was at the dance. No, it's not her job, and it wouldn't have been fair. But sometimes you take one for the team for your kid. Sometimes it seems Chelsea is more interested in having Adam disappoint Aubree than assist in avoiding that disappointment. And she really needn't bother. It will become obvious to Aubree one day what a terrible father Adam is.

I repeat: Chelsea encouraging Adam to attend the dance is *not* her job. It's *not* fair to expect her to do that. Adam's actions/inaction are is own. *But* if the endgame is Adam being at the dance and Chelsea could have reminded him, then what's the harm really? If the goal is for Aubree's dad to be at the dance *for* Aubree, is it really too much to ask Chelsea to nudge him? Hell, he may've ignored her out of spite, but I see parents sacrificing a hell of a lot more for their kids than deigning to nudge a neglectful dad.

2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't know if other cast members are racist. I'd assume Leah, Jenelle and Corey are but I don't know. 

O.o

Edited by nikita
  • Love 6

Adumb missed calling Aubree on her birthday. Should Chelsea have made an effort to push him to make that call @nikita? Not to mention Adumb blocked Chelsea from contacting him. 

Adumb said he had his event the same day of the dance and could not go. However, the episode showed that his event was the day before the dance. Anyone else remember it that way? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

I agree about aubree's birthday being a reenactment. She did look constantly confused, and though Chelsea is sometimes lazy, she is a devoted enough mother that she would baked a homemade cake. I just don't see Chelsea whipping a carrot cake out of a Walmart bag right in front of Aubree and that counting as her "birthday cake!" Also, school night or not, I do bet Randy would have been at the informal family birthday dinner too. Nothing about it seemed authentic, and it sort of bothered me. It seems like Chelsea considers ALL semi-important events off limits now, and would rather sloppily patronize the audience with a half assed attempt at realism. Kail is halfway there, and when Leah and Jenelle decide to do this, we will have no show!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

*hugs*

VOICES? for real? That's serious. Are you sure you heard that correctly? 

That concerns me because Jenelle's brother is schizophrenic. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why wouldn't Miranda help Corey with the lifting?

Me either.

I don't know if she does or not. I'm just thinking the wheelchair is so large and cumbersome that it's easier for Corey and Miranda to not use it at all. They probably only bring it along when they go to the doctor or when filming.

3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I definitely think that's true sometimes. 

I've seen the same excuses used for male abusers, though-- "she made him mad," "he was drunk," etc. Sometimes I think it's gendered and sometimes I think it's just in these circles, abuse is expected and you only call the cops when it gets really bad. From what I understand neither Jenelle nor any of her beaus have served any time for their abuse. Even the law seems to be lax.

I'm more disturbed by Kail's racism. And Jeremy's. But Kailyn's has the potential to be more harmful because her kids are mixed race. I don't know if other cast members are racist. I'd assume Leah, Jenelle and Corey are but I don't know. 

Jenelle is definitely not. She dated Kieffer, remember? And she doesn't come from a conservative family or the conservative deep south. She grew up in Oak Island, NC, which is like a beach/summer spot for tourists. 

I don't think Kail is a racist, either. I mean she's had kids w/2 different guys, both Hispanic and now she's dating a black guy. 

Jeremy and Corey, for sure. I saw the confederate flag on Corey's car and in their trailer during the early episodes (season 1). & theyre both definitely hardcore conservatives, politically. And Jeremy's comment about the Oreo. 

Leah...I don't think so. She had no problem w/Corey putting up the confederate flag in their house, etc. but coming from WV, I think Leah's just kind of tolerates it bc she's used it, so it's not as big of a deal to her. But I don't think she, herself, is racist...she dated TR Dues, after all. 

5 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Jenelle is definitely not. She dated Kieffer, remember? And she doesn't come from a conservative family or the conservative deep south. She grew up in Oak Island, NC, which is like a beach/summer spot for tourists. 

I don't think Kail is a racist, either. I mean she's had kids w/2 different guys, both Hispanic and now she's dating a black guy. 

Jeremy and Corey, for sure. I saw the confederate flag on Corey's car and in their trailer during the early episodes (season 1). & theyre both definitely hardcore conservatives, politically. And Jeremy's comment about the Oreo. 

Leah...I don't think so. She had no problem w/Corey putting up the confederate flag in their house, etc. but coming from WV, I think Leah's just kind of tolerates it bc she's used it, so it's not as big of a deal to her. But I don't think she, herself, is racist...she dated TR Dues, after all. 

I don't think dating people of color automatically means you're not racist. 

Kailyn has made racist comments in the past. I found that really confusing. I have to hope she was just really misguided and that she learned about the deeper implications of what she was saying in her college coursework. She does have a highly diverse group of friends. 

But yeah, if I had to guess who was *most* racist on this show, it would be Jeremy and Corey. I know we like Corey here, but a Confederate flag is a Confederate flag. And they have the least diverse and most ignorant surroundings. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 14
Just now, Christina87 said:

I don't think Jenelle is racist, but I think Nathan is extremely racist, so she was too during her brief period with him! Remember, Jenelle must have 100% of her booooooyfriend's personality traits!

I'm no Nathan fan, but I don't remember him ever saying or doing anything that gave me the impression he's racist. Majorly hot-headed and insecure douchebag, for sure, but I never heard make any comments even remotely on the subject one way or the other. 

37 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree about aubree's birthday being a reenactment. She did look constantly confused, and though Chelsea is sometimes lazy, she is a devoted enough mother that she would baked a homemade cake. I just don't see Chelsea whipping a carrot cake out of a Walmart bag right in front of Aubree and that counting as her "birthday cake!" Also, school night or not, I do bet Randy would have been at the informal family birthday dinner too. Nothing about it seemed authentic, and it sort of bothered me. It seems like Chelsea considers ALL semi-important events off limits now, and would rather sloppily patronize the audience with a half assed attempt at realism. Kail is halfway there, and when Leah and Jenelle decide to do this, we will have no show!

I could swear someone posted upthread Aubree's real birthday cake for her real birthday party, a big, gorgeous Wonder Woman cake. It looked like something off of one of those baking/cake decorating shows, so I doubt Chelsea baked it lol. Like the Mr. and me guessed, that little celebration was probably all for the cameras. Not that I blame them, exactly, but I do agree that if they are so uncomfortable with showing too much of their lives then they should just gracefully bow out instead of raking in the cash they, of all the big spending moms, don't need. Same goes with Hulk, there is no reason to pay her six figures for not doing her damn job. Jenelle is starting to play coy and Leah has been demanding a good edit to cover her shitty behavior. It's getting time to hang it up imo.

I noticed how many specials they have been doing in edition to the main show and the after specials they have been doing this season. It makes me think MTV is pumping out as much viewing material as they can to before they pull the plug on this crapfest. If I was an MTV "boss" I would be getting pretty tired of the momses attitudes and demands. Time to move on to the next big hit and leave these girls to figure out life without the fame and fortune.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Adumb missed calling Aubree on her birthday. Should Chelsea have made an effort to push him to make that call @nikita? Not to mention Adumb blocked Chelsea from contacting him.

Why not? Chelsea could call him out of Aubree's hearing and say, "Did you want to talk to Aubree today? Aubree, your dad's on the phone!" Or -- horror of horrors -- invite him to a birthday get-together, just Aubree and him. It's not that much of an effort on her part. But I get why she doesn't do that. I really do. It sucks when you want someone to be a part of your kid's life and he doesn't make the tiniest of efforts. But I do get the sense a part of Chelsea likes the confirmation that Adam is a jerk. It's just that if it were important to her for Adam to spend time with Aubree, she could facilitate that. But it's not fair to her. And in fact I can easily see Adam not even agreeing to anything Chelsea arranged/reminded him of, just for meanness.

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

It seems like Chelsea considers ALL semi-important events off limits now, and would rather sloppily patronize the audience with a half assed attempt at realism. Kail is halfway there, and when Leah and Jenelle decide to do this, we will have no show!

Bothered me, too. Defo felt patronized especially after all of Kail's "I'm not talking about it on camera." Then WTF are you doing on this show, why is MTV paying you, and why am I watching? LOL

• Love 8
1 hour ago, nikita said:

Why not? Chelsea could call him out of Aubree's hearing and say, "Did you want to talk to Aubree today? Aubree, your dad's on the phone!" Or -- horror of horrors -- invite him to a birthday get-together, just Aubree and him. It's not that much of an effort on her part. But I get why she doesn't do that. I really do. It sucks when you want someone to be a part of your kid's life and he doesn't make the tiniest of efforts. But I do get the sense a part of Chelsea likes the confirmation that Adam is a jerk. It's just that if it were important to her for Adam to spend time with Aubree, she could facilitate that. But it's not fair to her. And in fact I can easily see Adam not even agreeing to anything Chelsea arranged/reminded him of, just for meanness.

Adumb has blocked Chelsea from being able to contact him. This was said two seasons ago. No texts. No calls. Nothing. He said he was annoyed with Chelsea texting him.

@SheTalksShit I remember the SnapChat video being linked here and you could hear Barb saying Jace mentioned hearing voices.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

The problem with Adam is he really doesn't want to be a father to Aubree, but like most narcissists, he won't cut the cord entirely because he's too selfish. I think both he and Chelsea have been petty at times in terms of the co-parenting, and neither one wants an amenable relationship, albeit for different reasons. Adam, because he just doesn't care and doesn't want to be called out on his bullshit, and Chelsea because she wants him to fall off a cliff so Cole can take his place. When Adam wanted to sign away his rights on 16&P, Chelsea should've taken him up on his offer, but she was young and inexperienced and had no way of knowing he'd be an even bigger asshole now than he was seven years ago. Unfortunately it's a bad situation all the way around and the only loser in it is Aubree. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12