Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: How Low Can Whit Go?

• Start Topic

The average airline economy class seat for domestic travel in the US is less than 17.5 inches. There is no way in hell that her ass is not going to overflow into the next seat (and whoever has to sit next to her). It's not a question of "shaming" (as she always tries to present). It's the basic physical constraints of air travel today and I don't know of anyone who won't be mentally screaming when she comes down the aisle to plop down next to you. If the armrest doesn't go down, that means that you are not fitting in the seat and you are taking up someone else's space that they paid for. 

And maybe I don't want to be moved. I want a window seat and I paid for a window seat (or an exit row seat). Let Whitney cart her ass elsewhere to find some extra space. This is expecting everyone else to make accommodations for her, which are not warranted or deserved. 

• Love 23

My spouse travels every week and he has had experiences with spillage from overly large seatmates several times. The seats are getting smaller and many Americans are getting bigger.  I am sure he hasn't experienced a flight next to someone as large at Whitney, but just because the seatbelt fits doesn't mean a hip or roll doesn't impinge seriously on the person next to you.  He actually wrote to one airline recently because he was squeezed between a very large passenger and the window and couldn't access his armrest (it had to be up to accommodate the other passenger). They responded extremely sympathetically and said this has become a more and  more common problem lately.

As for this episode- is Whit's new "uniform" a sports bra and spandex shorts? I don't wear that in public and I'm about 1/3 her size. And I'm just not getting the transition from fat, but rather well-groomed woman with clean hair and coordinated clothes to fat, slovenly and dirty woman who guffaws at nothing and thinks it's funny to embarrass herself in front of others (spread-eagled on the labor simulator, allowing cats to shit all over, throwing a party and barely heaving herself off the couch to welcome guests to *her* party).

• Love 9

Oh, and as far as that knee x-ray... first of all, the joint isn't even in the picture and that's just a stupid cop-out because she can't squat at her size.  Sadly, everyone sees right through her excuses ("squatting low isn't worth a blown out knee") but she earnestly spouts them believing that she is telling the truth.

• Love 4

Does it depends on the airline because I was under the impression that in addition to being able to fit in the seat extender, the armrests also needed to be able to go down. 

I might grin and bear it on an hour long shuttle flight but anything longer than that? No ma'am, this just won't do. I paid for a whole seat, I expect to have my entire seat. That doesn't make me rude, it makes me a person who values their comfort over someone's else's love of pasta and mayo.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AmyB said:

i really wish i could find that video of her on the plane. She is now bashing some LA doctor for sending her fat hate mail. From what i can tell the doctor that supposedly sent this is 77-78 years old. I highly doubt he actually sent it but rather someone used his information. It's a nice distraction from her poor decisions and using this to get sympathy for her. She hasn't even proven this guy actual sent the letter. Ugh. 

We are actually discussing this letter on last week's thread if you want to join us there.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Oh, and as far as that knee x-ray... first of all, the joint isn't even in the picture and that's just a stupid cop-out because she can't squat at her size.  Sadly, everyone sees right through her excuses ("squatting low isn't worth a blown out knee") but she earnestly spouts them believing that she is telling the truth.

Yeah, that x-ray was stupid. She still won't say what the nature of this "knee problem" is. Apparently it is a pretty bad bone issue if it shows up on an x-ray, so she should have, I dunno, a DIAGNOSIS. Her vague "knee problem" is probably as fake as the rest of her. 

• Love 8

I love that she has no problem asking people to move their seats or deal with being squished against her for hours but if someone dared to complain they would be "rude". I'm sorry I have a big booty myself but I would 100% complain if someone was spilling into my seat. I bet shuffling down the aisle she must bump into everyone too. 

• Love 10

As long as the other person is not as big it's not a big deal???? Seriously!? Just because I'm less than half whitneys size does not entitle her to share my seat with me. I'm sure it's distressing and embarrassing to have to buy a second seat, but I'm sorry I find it distressing to be forced to be ass cheek to ass cheek with a stranger... especially one that proclaims not to shower. 

Also... what if the other person is closer to her size? Then it's a problem? She can't have anyone encroaching on her space?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, that x-ray was stupid. She still won't say what the nature of this "knee problem" is. Apparently it is a pretty bad bone issue if it shows up on an x-ray, so she should have, I dunno, a DIAGNOSIS. Her vague "knee problem" is probably as fake as the rest of her. 

actually, severe arthritis on an xray would show as the two bones sitting right on one another without any "black space" or cartilage in between. I could see at the very bottom of the picture that there appears to be a decent amount of space.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

actually, severe arthritis on an xray would show as the two bones sitting right on one another without any "black space" or cartilage in between. I could see at the very bottom of the picture that there appears to be a decent amount of space.

That is exactly what i was thinking. There looks to be a good amount of space at least one the one side. Maybe narrow on the other side but nowhere touching. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AmyB said:

I didn't find the video (yet) but did find her one instragam pic about flying 

Notice how she's sucking in her stomach and her entire right leg is in the aisle (along with half of her ass no doubt). Unless the poor soul stuck sitting next to her is dangerously underweight and tiny, tiny boned, and a child! No way is it tight but comfortable. And if the armrest CAN'T be lowered? Time to buy a second seat.

• Love 2
  • 7 hours ago, AmyB said:

I didn't find the video (yet) but did find her one instragam pic about flying 

Also note (not that it matters all that much) that this photo was taken in May 2015.   I think, based on last nights episode and that "promo" commercial where she jiggles around looking like pink Jello wearing sweat pants, that the Twit has put on serious "poundage" since this photo was taken.  IMO, she needs an entire three seat row if she's flying Coach in a smaller plane.  I'd truly hate to be seated anywhere near her if I was headed on a longer flight in something like a 767, that has the two/three/two seat configuration in Economy, I'd truly hate to be in the middle set in the middle row with her as a seat mate.   Flying nowadays is rough enough.  Add Twit to the mix and the Greyhound is starting to look better everyday.

Also curious, how does she navigate airports in general?  Seeing that she gets worn out with minimal exertion, I'd think navigating many airports (Atlanta, NYC. LA are a few that come to mind) that are huge and have many gates that seem miles apart (even for me, and I'm not in super shape, but with have an average figure) would be a real challenge for Ms. Twit. 

• Love 3
On 2/22/2017 at 3:29 PM, AmyB said:

Saw this posted somewhere else. I guess other people were curious about the scale too, screenshot of the scale and it does say 365.0 

IMG_3391.PNG

That answers the question of where Will got that fragile-looking scale! I spy a CVS logo. Maybe he got it with his ExtraBucks rewards; business can't be booming when TLC basically aired a public service announcement warning people that going to Will's gym comes with a risk of being sexually harassed by Whitney. One could even posit that Buddy somehow sensed this danger and that's why he showed up to that one training session 5 minutes before it was scheduled to end.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I thought people Whitney's size had to buy two seats on an airplane. 

Or buy in first/business class. Which means some flights/airlines might not be able to accommodate. With Whit leaving/going to Greensboro, I don't think every airline flies a major-major aircraft there.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Look, I'm overweight but I weigh around half of what Whitney does (and I'm significantly taller) and even I find that most airline seats are a tight squeeze. Unless she's flying business class, there is no way that she is going to fit her ass into a single seat. The physics just don't bend that much. Even two seats in economy class would be a tight fit and I don't see Whitney spending her own money on anything other than economy class. So pity whoever has the misfortune of being seated next to her on a crowded flight.

Trust me, if there's a big person who gets on a plane, chances are they end up next to me.  I'm pretty small, so does that mean I only get to have half my seat because the person next to me takes up 1.5 or 2 seats?  I didn't get the ticket at half price so why does that become my problem?

Whitney said in that Instagram: "...but as long as the person next to me isn't as big, it's a tight but okay fit, and the only "problem" is that the arm rest doesn't go down. I have never had a situation where someone was rude or complained..."

The armrest is meant to be in the down position.  The other person is probably so scrunched up they are unable to get enough air in their lungs to complain.  I once had a flight attendant take pity on me and move me to a new seat.  I think I was turning blue.

• Love 9

In addition to having Whit pressed up against you in a plane let's not forget that she openly admits to having poor personal hygiene and we also know she is a smoker.

No, it's not rude not to want a sweaty smoker that hasn't bathed in two days literally pressed up against you an entire flight.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, John M said:

In addition to having Whit pressed up against you in a plane let's not forget that she openly admits to having poor personal hygiene and we also know she is a smoker.

No, it's not rude not to want a sweaty smoker that hasn't bathed in two days literally pressed up against you an entire flight.

That visual just made me gag 

• Love 9

Believe me, if I'm on a flight, if there is someone in the seat next to me, that arm rest is going DOWN.  And if the person is too fat for it to go down?  I'm alerting a flight attendant to the problem.  So suck it up, buttercup, if you're next to me on a flight, Twit.  It ain't fat shaming if it's true that you're too fat to fit in the seat and not slop over.

• Love 10

What really chaps my ass is when I'm in a seat (maybe an airplane, or a theater, or something) and there is a fat woman (always a woman, for some reason, who gets this attitude) next to me who GLARES DAGGERS at me for...existing, I guess. Whenever I take my seat next to a fat woman and she is pressing into me, she glares at me like I'm the problem*. I don't know if this is part of the same denial that Whitney seems to exhibit - it's a refusal to admit that her size is the problem on an airplane. She's like "oh, it's not an issue, I just raise the armrest and sit next to a thin person, LOLOL" but that is not a solution.

*I will say this, I am not a tiny woman (5'11" and in the 160s range usually), but I do fit entirely within my seat.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't know if this is part of the same denial that Whitney seems to exhibit - it's a refusal to admit that her size is the problem on an airplane. She's like "oh, it's not an issue, I just raise the armrest and sit next to a thin person, LOLOL" but that is not a solution.

*begin sarcastifont* Well, it takes care of her problem, and isn't that all that really matters? *end sarcastifont*

• Love 7

Wow, Whitney.   Where do you get this entitlement? If you want to be extremely overweight, go for it.   But, you have NO right to invade someone else's space.

I am with Ocean Chick, that arm rest is down. Its part of the seat. I paid for it.     I would expect and insist upon being moved or finding two seats for Whitney.

If the plane was full and I had no choice , I would be at customer service upon landing asking for a full refund.

Whitney seems so outraged and indignant so often, but what if someone started a Anti Fat Invasion campaign specifically for airline seats?   Of course in a troubled mind like Whitney, it is never about anyone but herself.

For me its simple, either you fit in your seat or not.

• Love 7

Reminds me of the old joke my father used to tell about an immigrant to America from a country with a repressive government, rushing joyously off the boat and punching the first person he sees in the nose. He is immediately arrested, and as the cops haul him away he yells, "What are you doing? I thought America was a free country?!" "It is," says the cop, "But your freedom ends where his nose begins."  Airline seats are a good example of how Whitney's obesity has a negative effect on others, something she sneeringly denied when Kerryn-the-Comedienne claimed other people's obesity did have an effect on her.

• Love 3

OK you guys have got me paranoid. I don't need an extender so I have always assumed my fit is not a problem, but I'm about to buy tickets for my first red eye to Europe. I'm already concerned about being able to sleep on the plane. If I were to buy the middle seat between me and my husband, how does that even work? Do I put my name on both seats? Every seat needs a name, right?

I was planning to buy the window and the aisle and hope nobody booked the middle. If they did, I was counting on them switching to their choice of window or aisle so my husband and I would be next to each other. Now I wonder if I should splurge and book the row. Wish I could afford business class!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ok. I didn't see this episode, but what the heck is a pregnancy pains machine?

It stimulates the ab muscles in a way that is supposed to feel like labor contractions. I've never been hooked up to one, so I don't know how realistic it is, but labor contractions are basically like really intense menstrual cramps.

15 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

It stimulates the ab muscles in a way that is supposed to feel like labor contractions. I've never been hooked up to one, so I don't know how realistic it is, but labor contractions are basically like really intense menstrual cramps.

Uh... no. When she has been in labor with a posterior baby for 35 hours and 2 hours of pushing with no medication she can tell me some machine that stimulates her ab muscles is like labor. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Uh... no. When she has been in labor with a posterior baby for 35 hours and 2 hours of pushing with no medication she can tell me some machine that stimulates her ab muscles is like labor. 

Yeah, I don't really know how that works either. It'd be like saying doing a ton of situps feels like labor. I suspect her huge gut would impede the electrical stimulation anyway, which is why she claimed it was nothing. I mean, come on. Imagine Whitney Thore in labor. She would be totally unable to handle it.

• Love 1

I am so confused.  No way Buddy is 340 and Whit is 365.  Even if he carried all the weight in his gut, she still looks like she's twice his size.  How is it that Whitney looks like she's about to die during Jiya's dance class, but looks like she's training for American Ninja Warrior against Buddy during Will's workout session?

I am getting more and more annoyed at how fake this show is getting.  Whit needs a reality check.  I cringe at all the times Whit embarrasses herself:  each time she talks about her dance "career", how she counted on Roy to be in love with her, blaming her man problems on her weight, how she says she knows she would not be single if she wasn't fat, her hair looks awful, the fake pregnancy scare that's so obviously fake, the only thing missing was Dr. Phil delivering the results.  First off, Jiya's class has a higher intensity level than Whitney's cause well, those ladies are actually dancing.  And the fact that Todd and Tal loved it shows how fake Whitney's dancing ability is.  I'm convinced Whit has her class wave their arms in the air, spin around and shake their butts during her so-called dance classes.  And why, oh why, does she wear makeup to her workouts knowing full well she sweats like crazy?

• Love 8
On 2/23/2017 at 0:55 AM, Snarklepuss said:

Late to chime in this time, but of course I am always on the "it's all fake" bandwagon and this episode is no exception.  Jiya is of course a plant, and Whitney acts all shocked, etc. but she deserves the Sara Bernhardt award for melodramatic acting.  Puhleeze, it was probably HER idea to stage some fake "dance battle" and everyone else is reading the script to follow along.  Jiya calls the show at just the precise moment for maximum drama.  Oh please how am I supposed to buy that this is for real in any way?  I don't even believe that what is being portrayed as a live on air-radio show is really being broadcast when Whitney is there.  I don't doubt that they have a real radio show but I wonder if Whitney's so-called "freelance" segments are really being broadcast or if they are yet another fake part of the show.

That said, I was grossed out by the twerking and found Jiya as portrayed to be very unpleasant.  I'd probably like her more when she's not being paid to act like yet another "Whitney heckler" of sorts.  I can't be mad at her for fake snickering in Whitney's fake dance class (fake in two ways - it's fake dance in a fake dance CLASS).

I found a lot to be gross in this episode, from the cat poop and lack of tray cleaning, to the twerking, to Whitney's outspread legs and sweaty head to Buddy's disgusting sneakers and unsanitary/unhealthy look in general.  Those sneakers looked like he had been wearing them exclusively for at least a decade through mud!  The soles were all slanted in the back from over or under-pronation.  I seriously don't get Heather.  I am usually all "whatever floats her boat" about what women find attractive in a man because we can be so accommodating, but I'm having an increasingly hard time buying that Heather is Buddy's real girlfriend.  He looks like he would have a heart attack if he attempted sex anyway.  She is obviously a clean person with some self respect.  Buddy is neither.  She may be a good friend or have an otherwise sexless relationship with him, which may work for her, I won't judge, but yikes!

Let me just say that Heather apparently has a 'type', as her ex-husband has a very similar body type and overall appearance as Buddy (at least first season Buddy).

20 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

2 days in labor, almost 10 lb, posterior baby - who doesn't understand why, nearly 40 yrs later, he is an only child. : )

• Love 4
20 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, I don't really know how that works either. It'd be like saying doing a ton of situps feels like labor. I suspect her huge gut would impede the electrical stimulation anyway, which is why she claimed it was nothing. I mean, come on. Imagine Whitney Thore in labor. She would be totally unable to handle it.

I'm sure her radio colleagues realized her fat stomach layer prevented her from feeling any pain.  I want to know how they held their tongues by not making any wise crack comments about it. Poor Roy for having to hold her hand thru it.   And to Whitney for what its worth:  women in labor don't  spread eagle their legs straight out during labor & birth.  Their knees are usually bent, then spread when necessary (exams & birth.)

• Love 2
On 2/22/2017 at 1:32 PM, AmyB said:

I couldn't believe the class wasn't real until it was pointed out that they not even have a schedule. A through search and hardly antthing on this class. And there are no pictures on Greensboro Dance Page either. You'd think they would have at least some publicity if it was a real class. Trying to parade it around like its real is just sad.

on a side note: i have now been officially blocked on whit's page lol. 

I've been blocked, after I said something abkir the letter she posted from some doctor supposedly.  I said how do we know she's didn't take how that up to get sympathy 

• Love 2
On 2/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, Nowhere said:

I thought people Whitney's size had to buy two seats on an airplane. 

I guess all the talk about buying two seats is only when someone else is playing.  Otherwise, she's  buying just one.

Edited by mzskyhawk00
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Yes she could not feel her ab muscles due to layers and layers of fat on top of them- this is why it didn't hurt. I'm surprised the shock jocks didn't point that out. They were screaming at 13 and at 20 she felt nothing?  what page have y'all been banned from? 

Edited by operalover

I LOVE this msg board! (I' ve just come over from the IMDb board which was shut down.) Some of the best comedy writing since Jon Stewart at The Daily Show! I like the post-show commentary better than MBFFL itself, and only watch the show so that I relate to the snark.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Geekygal16 said:

I am so confused.  No way Buddy is 340 and Whit is 365.  Even if he carried all the weight in his gut, she still looks like she's twice his size.  How is it that Whitney looks like she's about to die during Jiya's dance class, but looks like she's training for American Ninja Warrior against Buddy during Will's workout session?

At a guess, I'd say it's about speed and agility (or lack thereof). In the dance class with Jiya the moves were fast-paced beyond anything Twit does in her own class and she just didn't have the agility or speed to keep up or even DO half the moves, nevermind that since she isn't the professional dancer that she thinks she is, she just couldn't pick up the choreography either. all that added together = train wreck witnessed by her adoring and non-adoring audience members.

With Will, she's either on some type of stationary bike or rowing machine or she taking a sledgehammer to a tractor tire. Not really something that requires her to be quick on the uptake (choreographically speaking) or agile. The sledgehammer isn't lightweight but then, how long has done that with him? Long enough to know how to do it. Rarely do we see her doing something with Will for the first time (so we don't see the learning curve) nor do they do anything that requires speed or agility. 

• Love 2

I'm not a prude but since when is having sex with the floor choreography? Jiya's class looks like a bunch of strippers in training.

This story line is incredibly annoying - they're like a bunch of mean high school girls going at each other. They all need to grow the hell up.

On another note, I found Buddy's comment about if he was 240 he'd be less disgusted with himself kind of funny. Hopefully he can get to his goals but he'd need to quit drinking so much. I wonder how tall he is? That would factor into weight as well.

ETA: I can appreciate Buddy's self-deprecating sense of humor as I do that as well. It often brings on the Heather speech about not being negative etc, but to me, & maybe to Buddy, it's just about being real.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
On 2/23/2017 at 3:26 PM, AmyB said:

i really wish i could find that video of her on the plane. She is now bashing some LA doctor for sending her fat hate mail. From what i can tell the doctor that supposedly sent this is 77-78 years old. I highly doubt he actually sent it but rather someone used his information. It's a nice distraction from her poor decisions and using this to get sympathy for her. She hasn't even proven this guy actual sent the letter. Ugh. 

I posted in her Facebook page that how do we know Shen didn't write that?  It's not on any kind of doctor stationary 

26 minutes ago, Mommy2be612 said:

I posted in her Facebook page that how do we know Shen didn't write that?  It's not on any kind of doctor stationary 

several other people have commented on that letter too and question if it was real.  One girl got a response from twit saying f* off. I didn't find what she was asking out of line, hell my comments have been even more out of line.  I think her real personality is showing and what is more sad people are defending her over.  That comment was not warranted. 

• Love 3

So I watched the episode

WTF is with the black lipstick? Was she trying to be edgy? Didn't work. She looked ridiculous.

I hate girls like Jiya. I know the whole thing is fake but something tells me she has that attitude all the time. The laughing at her class was out of line. Pissed me off.

I wonder what Heather was thinking when she was in the kitchen with Whitney and she was standing there with her stomach hanging out. Heather is probably used to seeing it though. I would want to tell her to put on a shirt. Your offending my eyes.

She looked disgustingly dirty and greasy at the radio station. And of course no shame in lifting up her shirt for that machine next to Roy no less. 

That guy at the gym was hot. Not a chance in hell, Whitney. Not a chance in hell.

• Love 4

When Twit et cie are driving to the TWF class, why does Twit have her arm on Todd's neck? She does this a LOT when she's driving. At first I thought she just had her arm on the back of the headrest but then noticed it was actually ON the back of his neck. And then it looks like she has her hand on his thigh a little later. I get that she's too big not to spill over the center console but REALLY? Ugh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

That guy at the gym was hot. Not a chance in hell, Whitney. Not a chance in hell.

Side note: One of the personal trainers at Will's gym posted that Will had been joking when he told Whitney the guy was single - in fact, he's dating Will's daughter Jessica, who was also participating in the group work-out at the time.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Side note: One of the personal trainers at Will's gym posted that Will had been joking when he told Whitney the guy was single - in fact, he's dating Will's daughter Jessica, who was also participating in the group work-out at the time.

I'd pay good money to watch Jessica straighten out Whitney.

• Love 2