Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: How Low Can Whit Go?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

So I watched the episode

WTF is with the black lipstick? Was she trying to be edgy? Didn't work. She looked ridiculous.

I hate girls like Jiya. I know the whole thing is fake but something tells me she has that attitude all the time. The laughing at her class was out of line. Pissed me off.

I wonder what Heather was thinking when she was in the kitchen with Whitney and she was standing there with her stomach hanging out. Heather is probably used to seeing it though. I would want to tell her to put on a shirt. Your offending my eyes.

She looked disgustingly dirty and greasy at the radio station. And of course no shame in lifting up her shirt for that machine next to Roy no less. 

That guy at the gym was hot. Not a chance in hell, Whitney. Not a chance in hell.

The real question is, why did she put makeup on for Jiya's class and not the radio show gig she is trying to secure????

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'd pay good money to watch Jessica straighten out Whitney.

I expect Jessica couldn't be bothered. I doubt Whitney having eyes for her boyfriend would trigger anything other than an eye roll by Jessica. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Me too!  I just looked Jessica up, she is a hottie! Yeah Twit, not a chance in hell.

A never gonna happen chuckle yeah, but this explains how long & hard they were laughing about her 'what kind of girl do you like' come on line.

• Love 2
On 2/22/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ocean Chick said:

Those "other people" in that class are paid to be on tv doing a fake class.  There is NO class unless it's needed for a Twit episode - that's been verified.  They're not there to have fun, otherwise other people in that area would be joining the class to have fun as well.  But they can't, because it's a fake class.  And yes, Jiya is totally hired to be Twit's foil and nemesis.  I think we're supposed to root for Twit, but I'm not sure.  Jiya got the better editing, I think.

I get that it's a fake class. We figured that out a long time ago. If they want us to pretend any of this is real, however, it would be pretty mean to get the "other people" involved in a dance off when the "other people" are mostly older women and not in good shape, while the Jiya class looks like a lot of younger in shape women who regularly go to a fitness dance class. I wasn't under the impression that Whit's class was on that level of fitness, so therefore it's pretty shitty to call out the "other people". 

Since we all know that the show if fake and scripted, scenes are producer driven etc, then why do we all pick and choose the parts we want to believe or disbelieve? Why discuss it at all? So because I don't like the character Jiya and I think under real life circumstances she is very disrespectful, in that case the show is all fake so no worries. But if Twit acts like Roy is in love with her, everyone feels sorry for Roy because he has a girlfriend. Here's news. He's a paid actor too. Which parts of this show are we allowed to disagree with? Only the parts that make Whitney look like an asshole?

I don't like Whitney, the paid actress and I don't like Jiya, the paid actress. I don't root for Twit in anything so far, but if they want to make a bitch character like Jiya, I don't have to root for her either. Because honestly being a bitch isn't making Twit look better in my book. 

It would have been fun if they both came into this really nice and supporting each other. The two classes are different. But, yeah, we're supposed to think Whitney is the better person and be like, "you go girl", when she acts gangster. She looked like an idiot in that scene btw. Whitney you are not threatening in any way. All I'd have to do is tackle your big ass to the ground and the most I may get is a fart to the face. Which may actually kill me on second thought. 

• Love 5

On another dance show, part of the total score of the "battle" was something called a "choreographer's challenge". Basically a trained dancer (they normally recite their resume of whom they worked with) teaches a dance routine on the spot. The idea is to simulate a real dance audition . The winner is the one who does it best.

I'm sure in the fitness/Zumba/low-impact genre, there are equal counterparts (with a resume), who could do the same.

It would be nice during the "dance battle" there would be a component of each - trained dance and a fitness routine "challenge" with just Whitney and Jiya - no "fill-ins" from Whit's open casting call and no OLG, from Jiya studio.

Speaking of Whit's cast of characters, I'm getting tired of her group being composed of a odd set of people. 2-3 episodes ago, there was a teenager doing cartwheels/backflips across the stage. Is she trying to incorporate cheer? I was just odd, the stunting didn't add anything to the routine and I'm sure the teen had better things to do.  Whit big mouth (meaning her voice carries) and her constant arm waving actually might could pull-off a decent non-stunting cheer routine with poms - "2-4-6-8... who do you appreciate..."

• Love 4

IIRC, the thin teenager was in this week's dance class when Jiya visited.  I've posted about her before, wondering why she is in this class.  Maybe she comes with someone or maybe she has something going on and  feels more comfortable being around these group of ladies to exercise, fake as it may be.

I'm confused - is the Dance Off between just Whit & Jiya or is between the classes?   Roy made it sound like it was to be between just Whit & Jiya. Then later on, Whit came across like it would be between the classes. Like someone else posted, if it's between the classes, it's not fair cuz Jiya's class seems to be made up of more fit & younger ladies.  It doesn't really matter does it?  Either way, we know Whit will be made to be the winner. 

• Love 1

I have a feeling that the skinny teen likes the idea of being on tv and showing off her gymnastic skills.  And they needed  someone young, and they needed someone thin in order to sell the idea that Twit's class is for everyone.  No discrimination there.  Two birds, one stone.  And the kid gets some screen time and a paycheck.  Everyone is happy.  Twit also has gay, white Todd and black, trans Maddie.  See?  Everyone loves Twit!  And Twit loves everyone!

I, too, thought the dance-off was only between Jiya and Twit.  I figured that Twit made it sound like the entire class would be involved so that she had a good excuse (her girls!) to have to bow out and decline.  Whatever.  We all know that if this thing becomes a storyline, Twit will come up smelling like roses.

• Love 1

Do we know for sure that Whitney won the dance-off? Because I would bet my left testicle (although I am a woman, so I don't have them) that Whitney LOSES the dance-off. I mean, look at these two women. Whitney couldn't out-dance her if Jiya had the damn flu and two sprained ankles. Plus this show has delighted in making Whitney look kind of fuckin' stupid.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Do we know for sure that Whitney won the dance-off? Because I would bet my left testicle (although I am a woman, so I don't have them) that Whitney LOSES the dance-off. I mean, look at these two women. Whitney couldn't out-dance her if Jiya had the damn flu and two sprained ankles. Plus this show has delighted in making Whitney look kind of fuckin' stupid.

I have been searching to see what I could find about it. Both sides heavily advertise it on social media but the only thing I can find are pre video warmups and then twit shared a picture of the group and said they slayed today. One of jiya's girls also posted something similar about rocking it. But other than that, nothing. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Don't be too sure.  We all saw that Twit and Todd were supremely out-matched at the ballroom competition.  Yet somehow they were judged to be in 2nd place.  I'm sure this dance-off will have fake judging as well.  It just depends on how the producers want the storyline to go - "Twit takes on the mean bully and wins"?  Or "Twit tries and fails, due to something out of her controls, like a bum knee"?  This will not be a real dance-off.

• Love 7
On 2/25/2017 at 11:25 AM, connieinnc said:

Let me just say that Heather apparently has a 'type', as her ex-husband has a very similar body type and overall appearance as Buddy (at least first season Buddy).

Is her type dirty, sweaty, unhealthy looking and did he wear embarrassingly beat-up athletic shoes too?

• Love 3

Am watching the repeat (am sure that the "extra fabulous" is pure bs) and noticed that when Jiya lead her own class, she was wearing leg weights to make leading the class even more of a workout for herself. So I give her serious props. She might be abrasive and isn't a coddler, but she puts in as much as she demands from her students. And she's right about one thing... if you're coming to her class and half-ass it, she's not responsible for them staying out of condition. Her class is a major workout and not for the faint of heart.

Contrast that with Whiney's class, who has to give her group a trigger warning that they're going to have guests who might be critical sitting in. Girl, your class is full of grown ass women. Don't treat them like fragile flowers. They deserve (and need) better.

• Love 2

I'm watching the "enhanced" version of the episode on now and I noticed something. There were several women in that class who were struggling to keep up even before Whitney arrived. Jiya even called them out on it. I got the impression that she's taught them a series of moves (possibly with names attached) and since the class is consistently available and structured, she doesn't have to spend a ton of time before they pick up what she's asking them to do. She can just say "Ok, we're going to go low, then grab your ankles, then a thrust followed by a sassy step." Whitney's class isn't structured. Tai and Todd both picked things up pretty quickly as well.

It also really bugged me that Whitney complained about how far it was for her to drive to Charlotte. Why is it just fine to drive for her fake job, but one dance class for your fake show is just too much.

Also, Whitney desperately needs a better fitting bra.

• Love 3

And it's funny because she complained about how far it is to go to Charlotte, but she had no issue making the drive when she was trying to get Jiya to drop out of the battle... 

i am just now watching this episode, but for someone who claims to have been a professional dancer, you would think she would be used to teachers like Jiya... that is pretty common, in fact lots of them are harder on the class. I get that these classes are more about fun/fitness, and that's fine, but If Whitney were ever a professional dancer, Jiya would be no big deal.

• Love 3
On 2/27/2017 at 6:15 PM, Ocean Chick said:

Don't be too sure.  We all saw that Twit and Todd were supremely out-matched at the ballroom competition.  Yet somehow they were judged to be in 2nd place.  I'm sure this dance-off will have fake judging as well.  It just depends on how the producers want the storyline to go - "Twit takes on the mean bully and wins"?  Or "Twit tries and fails, due to something out of her controls, like a bum knee"?  This will not be a real dance-off.

Since the ballroom dance competition was fake I am just assuming that the dance off battle is also fake and will therefore be slanted in her favor. 

• Love 1
On 2/27/2017 at 1:41 PM, AmyB said:

I have been searching to see what I could find about it. Both sides heavily advertise it on social media but the only thing I can find are pre video warmups and then twit shared a picture of the group and said they slayed today. One of jiya's girls also posted something similar about rocking it. But other than that, nothing. 

I can see the "judges" deciding that both groups are so wonderful -- even tho we know Jiya's is fitter -- that they will declare a draw.

• Love 1