Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Rock in the Road

halgia
  • Start Topic

If the show could be convinced to limit Negan to monologuing briefly on radio instead of showing up to eat half of every episode for the forseeable future, that would be great.  The Fat Joey eulogy was actually pretty funny and did a nice job of reminding us who all of these people are up against without forcing us to watch him show up to preen and contort his body in weird angles and run his mouth some more.  It's probably the closest I've ever come to enjoying Negan the way they keep insisting that I should.

• Love 12

I watched a movie called "Sand" over the weekend and didn't realize Daryl was in that movie because he looked like such a little kid and had short hair (I mean it is from 2000ish, but Daryl/NR looks like he's 43 going on 58 nowadays. His under-eye baggage is worse than mine!). My goodness was his voice effing annoying in that movie. 

Anyway, I think it'll take me awhile to get back into the groove of things. I hated last season, and during this episode I found myself thinking, "how is this not over yet? What is this, a 2 hour show? Why are there so many people alive?" I thought the same thing for Talking Dead. Don't care about football dude as a guest star, whether he had a zombie wedding or not. 

• Love 2

I actually thought this was a pretty good episode, as far as this season goes. Its also the first episode in ages when we only briefly heard Negan once, over the radio. Coincidence? I think not.

I thought the stuff with the King and Ezekiel was really good, and I like seeing all the different communities that have formed. They all have their own vibes and societies, and I want to see more of them. And there are so many, we HAVE to be building up to a huge battle scene with the Saviors vs everyone else. It has to be! Ezekiel's choice to not upset the status quo was understandable, but he seems like a smart guy, he should know that there is no way the Saviors will just leave them alone with their tributes. They're a bunch of shit heads, I'm sure they'll show up and start puffing their chests out soon.

Why is Gregory even in charge of anything? He isn't a good leader, he isn't particularly smart, he doesn't seem like a fighter, he just hams it up and acts like a moron. No one seems to be super loyal to him, it seems like no one else wanted to be leader, and he just sat in the chair, and no one told him to get up. You could replace him with a stick wearing a hair piece and no one would notice.

Wow, Rosita is in a mood. But I can forgive that, considering she had a pretty shitty couple of weeks (even by WD standards), and she did a good job with those bombs. And then Gabriel skipped town! Its not super surprising to me, but I wish they had showed some lead up to this. I thought he had grown a spine at some point, when did he lose it again?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

I love Rosita's bitchy attitude - very realistic.  She's not all sunshine and rainbows, nor should she be.  She got dumped in the worst possible way for Sasha - Abe made it very clear he was never in love with her and was just using her.  She has every right to be bitter.  But she still gets the job done.  Love that she knows about Blowing Things Up.  Sasha may be a sharp shooter, but Rosita is the demolition expert.

I hadn't really liked Rosita that much up until last night.  I loved her attitude towards Sasha, who now wants to be all friendly and shit.  Just because Abe is dead doesn't make Rosita's hurt feelings suddenly disappear.

• Love 6

Rosita's attitude has always been bitchy; at least to me.  She has never been the most pleasant flower in the bunch. The only time she has ever really shown a soft side is between Abraham and Eugene. I do agree she is under no obligation to be friends with Sasha.

Oh Morgan, sweet naive sloot-footed Morgan. Exactly how do you capture someone in this world without bloodshed. Should they just walk up to him and ask him nicely? It would be less cruel to die than be held prisoner against your will. Who will be responsible for his care and feeding while he is locked up? You expect anyone from Alexandria to give one whether or not he has enough food and water? Something happens and everyone needs to leave in hurry who is responsible for making sure he gets out as well? How did keeping that Wolf locked up and letting his friends go work out for you?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Rosita's attitude has always been bitchy; at least to me.  She has never been the most pleasant flower in the bunch. The only time she has ever really shown a soft side is between Abraham and Eugene. I do agree she is under no obligation to be friends with Sasha.

Oh Morgan, sweet naive sloot-footed Morgan. Exactly how do you capture someone in this world without bloodshed. Should they just walk up to him and ask him nicely? It would be less cruel to die than be held prisoner against your will. Who will be responsible for his care and feeding while he is locked up? You expect anyone from Alexandria to give one whether or not he has enough food and water? Something happens and everyone needs to leave in hurry who is responsible for making sure he gets out as well? How did keeping that Wolf locked up and letting his friends go work out for you?

I try not to think of Morgan too much, not since the tedious cheese-making episode.

But last night I thought he had come to see the error of his love-your-neighbor ways when he was telling Rick and Daryl about how he helped Carol, and how he "had to" kill the bad man. It seemed to me he saw the error of his ways, but then he reverted to his peace-nik ways with Zeke. Did I miss something? (I keep the volume of my TV down to keep from getting rocketed out of the couch when the loud--and many--commercials come on, so maybe I didn't hear right.)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I have a feeling that meeting of Daryl and Carol is going to be the anticlimax of the century.  Neither Rick or Daryl seemed that interested in where their dear friend had gone.  They seemed quite content with the news that she'd left and quickly moved on to other things. 

I couldn't understand why Morgan said she was gone and left it at that. She's not gone. She's in a house up the road. I don't understand some of the writing decisions.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

It might be that the second Negan's gone, the Saviours would say 'We thought he'd never leave' and suddenly become decent human beings and good neighbours. 

That could be, but they (led by the very toothy Negan 2.0) might say, "Let's round up Negan's harem of "hot" chicks, go to Alexandria, kill everyone there and move into the those bland, yet up-scale cookie cutter houses with the working ovens, hot showers and pre-finished hardwood floors."

Oh Morgan, sweet naive sloot-footed Morgan.

Is that another term for "knock-kneed"? Watching him walk is painful.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I couldn't understand why Morgan said she was gone and left it at that. She's not gone. She's in a house up the road. I don't understand some of the writing decisions.

Carol asked him in the previous episode (midseason finale) not to tell any of the Alexandria crew where she was if they ever showed up.  So he apparently ranks keeping his word to her above any loyalty he has to Rick.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

That could be, but they (led by the very toothy Negan 2.0) might say, "Let's round up Negan's harem of "hot" chicks, go to Alexandria, kill everyone there and move into the those bland, yet up-scale cookie cutter houses with the working ovens, hot showers and pre-finished hardwood floors."

They'll have to bring their own mattresses. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

But here is the thing that is REALLY bothering me...WHERE IS JUDITH? Wasn't Gabriel her babysitter? Maybe I missed it, but when they got back and found Gabriel had left with supplies and a car, was there any mention of her whereabouts? 

Yeah - what happened to Judith?  Isn't Carl even interested?  (We know Rick tends to forget about her a lot).  FPP is her default guardian and he took off.  Last time we saw her Negan was dandling her on his knee on the front porch in Alexandria.

27 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I agree they don't need to be friends.  It would be weird if they were since I can barely recall them actually interacting too much.  But is Sasha not ever supposed to even address her without inviting some nasty comment? Cuz Sasha wasn't being friendly, she made a frustrated commented to the person who happened to be walking  next to her. At this rate Sasha won't be able to say 'please pass the salt.' To Rosita.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I try not to think of Morgan too much, not since the tedious cheese-making episode.

But last night I thought he had come to see the error of his love-your-neighbor ways when he was telling Rick and Daryl about how he helped Carol, and how he "had to" kill the bad man. It seemed to me he saw the error of his ways, but then he reverted to his peace-nik ways with Zeke. Did I miss something? (I keep the volume of my TV down to keep from getting rocketed out of the couch when the loud--and many--commercials come on, so maybe I didn't hear right.)

Your hearing is just fine (fortunately and unfortunately). I know it's not right because plenty of people cannot fight etc but Morgan would not benefit from anything I risked my life and or killed to get .. ya' know since it's all about principle for him. Sorry Morgan, shot a man for that case of water so it's off limits to you.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I agree they don't need to be friends.  It would be weird if they were since I can barely recall them actually interacting too much.  But is Sasha not ever supposed to even address her without inviting some nasty comment? Cuz Sasha wasn't being friendly, she made a frustrated commented to the person who happened to be walking  next to her. At this rate Sasha won't be able to say 'please pass the salt.' To Rosita.

They don't have any salt.  Father peepee took it when he bugged out.  Took every crumb like the grinch apparently.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Not sure .. not even sure if "sloot-footed" is an actual English term. Just what people called other people who walked like Morgan in my neck of the woods

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh Morgan, sweet naive sloot-footed Morgan.

I can't figure out is he's "knock-kneed" or "slew-footed" but he flings his left foot outward when he walks.  It just looks so awkward.  He probably should have worn leg braces as a kid to straighten his legs out.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Exactly. I didn't take it as Sasha trying to be all buddy-buddy. But they are in a group together, can they not ever speak? I thought Rosita was unnecessarily harsh. And what did Sasah do to her? Abe is the one who callously dumped her and moved right the fuck along. Sasha was never the "other woman". And, for all we know, she had no idea the depth of Rosita's feelings or what the nature of their relationship was. She likely knew as much as Abraham told her. But now he's dead, and Rosita doesn't want to be all bitter at a dead man, so she's going to take it out on Sasha. 

41 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

But last night I thought he had come to see the error of his love-your-neighbor ways when he was telling Rick and Daryl about how he helped Carol, and how he "had to" kill the bad man. It seemed to me he saw the error of his ways, but then he reverted to his peace-nik ways with Zeke

It seems that Morgan has SLIGHTLY moved on from all life is precious. So instead of just subduing and imprisoning, you CAN kill someone in extreme situations of self defense. But that is all. Planning to take down the resident homicidal maniac who has bashed in the skulls of two of your friends, threatened the arm of a child, burns the fuck out of people's face with an iron, etc. etc. is just not the right way to go. There surely HAS to be another option. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly. I didn't take it as Sasha trying to be all buddy-buddy. But they are in a group together, can they not ever speak? I thought Rosita was unnecessarily harsh. And what did Sasah do to her? Abe is the one who callously dumped her and moved right the fuck along. Sasha was never the "other woman". And, for all we know, she had no idea the depth of Rosita's feelings or what the nature of their relationship was. She likely knew as much as Abraham told her. But now he's dead, and Rosita doesn't want to be all bitter at a dead man, so she's going to take it out on Sasha. 

It seems that Morgan has SLIGHTLY moved on from all life is precious. So instead of just subduing and imprisoning, you CAN kill someone in extreme situations of self defense. But that is all. Planning to take down the resident homicidal maniac who has bashed in the skulls of two of your friends, threatened the arm of a child, burns the fuck out of people's face with an iron, etc. etc. is just not the right way to go. There surely HAS to be another option. 

Right.   Every life that these people take -after you had the chance to kill them and didn't- is on you, MORGAN. I don't know why that doesn't dawn on him at some point.  He knows what they have done and will do.

• Love 3

I'm sorry but my eyes got stuck in my head rolling so hard from Ezekial saying "I shall deliver my decree in the morn." Not even morning but morn. UGH. The tiger was WTF enough, now the castle stage set with his Hand of the Kang (TM Rick) and his comic relief jester and his ridiculous speak? Just can't handle how dumb it is. It's too much. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Rosita came off looking like an ass.  You and Sasha aren't pals but you're teammates, so you damn well better start acting like one.  You might depend on this woman to save your life soon.

Doctor Who is generally a pacifist as well, but at least he understands that sometimes you just can't take the pacifist route.

I'm sorry but my eyes got stuck in my head rolling so hard from Ezekial saying "I shall deliver my decree in the morn." Not even morning but morn. UGH. The tiger was WTF enough, now the castle stage set with his Hand of the Kang (TM Rick) and his comic relief jester and his ridiculous speak? Just can't handle how dumb it is. It's too much. 

The whole Ezekiel schtick seriously reminds me of an old old episode of Lost in Space.  It's camp-tastic.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm so used to that kind of thing it doesn't even prompt an eyeroll anymore. It was the same when Negan took him for that little joyride and he (Rick) was totally mobbed by zombies. Not a single bite to be seen. Tyreese too, was completely engulfed in a crowd and somehow emerged totally unscathed. We won't mention Glenn and the Magical Dumpster Force Field.  It's like some cheesy old '50s show where the hero can dodge bullets being fired by five people and not get even a graze, or only ever gets shot in the shoulder and it doesn't even hurt.

He's like Daryl - useful and all (I guess Jesus is supposed to be useful... somehow) but he's a follower and not a leader.  

I get that. 

I just meant the naming of the characters in the comics, when he wrote it.  Even though the name is made up by others - even for the actual character Paul (named 'Jesus' because of the long hair and facial hair) - RK should have went with the leader of the Saviors named 'Jesus' if only for (like I said before) just the implied symbolism alone, as messed up as it would be in this particular case.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

I'm with you there. I tuned out the minute CDB wandered into Camelot. It's beyond cartoonish now. When they entered, Jesus said to Rick, "The king is ready for you now," but how did he know that Zeke was on his throne with jester and tiger on hand? He entered at the same time Rick did and as far as I saw, never went off to advise the King that some peasants were seeking an audience with him. But maybe I missed it. I was by then clipping my cat's back nails and that's a little trickier than the front.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

But here is the thing that is REALLY bothering me...WHERE IS JUDITH?

Judith is devising the most gruesome way of offing Negan while recruiting her own minions. What, if Gabriel could make friends, Judith must have an army already.

And I vote for Shiva as Judith's next baby-sitter. Shiva's the only one badass enough.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Rosita came off looking like an ass.  You and Sasha aren't pals but you're teammates, so you damn well better start acting like one.  You might depend on this woman to save your life soon.

And Sasha might depend on Rosita to save her (Sasha's) life as well.  I don't think Rosita's attitude towards her has anything to do with the survival of the group, because she knows that they all have to depend on each other for survival.  I think it's just that she doesn't want Sasha to think that they're besties now, just because they have something (dead Abe) in common.  

32 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Oh I think Sasha knew about Abe and Rosita because I think I remember Sasha questioning him about her.  Rosita can't take it out on a dead Abe for dumping her, but I can understand her feelings because the last woman who was with Abe before he died was Sasha--not her. 

Frankly, the thing I can't wrap my head around is these two attractive women fighting over Abe in the first place.  I guess he had something going for himself, but I don't know what it was.  RIP. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

Yeah - what happened to Judith?  Isn't Carl even interested?  (We know Rick tends to forget about her a lot).  FPP is her default guardian and he took off.  Last time we saw her Negan was dandling her on his knee on the front porch in Alexandria.

The way the writing on this show is I could see an episode where Rick takes Judith over to Negan for him to watch. Rick would no doubt say, "Hey, dude. Mind watching my girl? I have to to war with a real asshole."

• Love 2

Somebody please please put a bullet in Rosita, Carol, and Morgan's head. They're such bitches. It makes no sense for Rosita to give Sasha a respectful nod in the 8th episode to now just take a jab at her in this episode. Not saying Sasha and Rosita have to be friends but Sasha is just trying to be civil with her. Rosita is like those women that like to blame the other woman when it's Abe that left her high and dry. Sasha didn't go after Abe. Sasha rejected him when Abe wanted a relationship with her.  Writers aren't doing anything with Rosita besides making her angry and she's been that way since we met her. Her disabling the bomb made me laugh as well. That came out of nowhere. Rosita is hot and cold with everyone and really for no damn reason. She should be humbling herself since her actions caused Eugene to be taken and Olivia killed. Its her dumbass that can't shoot a man that is 3ft away from her and shot a bat instead.

Morgan just ruins everything everytime he opens his mouth. Carol continues to be a rude bitch to anyone that shows her that they care about her. Hopefully we can replace these three jackasses with Benjamin and Richard permanently. I like Benjamin and Richard.

Eric if you wanna continue to be a useless ass then just sit your ass home and do nothing. You seem to be really great at that. Aaron is tired of sitting home and just being happy he wants to go out there and do things. He wants to look for Gabriel because Gabriel is part of their family. Eric should have faith that his boyfriend will make it back home. Aaron survived this long, plus they were doing dangerous work when they were scouting. It's always easy for people to blame Rick for everything. I bet if someone else farts Rick will get the blame.

I like to add that Simon needs to be the leader of the Saviors. Steven Ogg has a presence and his character is more of a villain than Negan. He talks like an adult and not some frat boy, and he doesn't pontificate. He says what he has to say and leaves it at that.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Oh I think Sasha knew about Abe and Rosita because I think I remember Sasha questioning him about her.  Rosita can't take it out on a dead Abe for dumping her, but I can understand her feelings because the last woman who was with Abe before he died was Sasha--not her. 

Frankly, the thing I can't wrap my head around is these two attractive women fighting over Abe in the first place.  I guess he had something going for himself, but I don't know what it was.  RIP. 

I could never fathom two very lovely women fighting over a scatologically obsessed Heat Miser either, but different strokes and all that.

Abe was hitting on Sasha while he and Rosita were still together.  They were sharing a room in one of the group's two houses in Alexandria after making no secret of the fact that they were at least sexually involved when they were all still on the road together.  To Sasha's credit, she did tell him he needed to resolve that before she would ever give him the time of day, which of course resulted in one of the world's shittier breakup scenes.  I get it that it's probably tough for Rosita to be mad at a dead man no matter how badly he treated her, but her sniping at Sasha still felt like it came out of left field after they seemed to have a nonverbal understanding just one episode ago.

• Love 8

Despite its many flaws, I still look forward to this show above them all. It's the only one that me and my husband like to watch together.

Everyone's look upon meeting Ezekiel and the tiger was amusing but Sasha's look cracked me up the most.

Rosita is acting a little bitter but I don't blame her. Sasha is the easiest target to lash out to since she can't do it to Abraham. It's still not right though. Rosita needs to make a friend.

I'm kind of tired of Carol and her dour-I'm-too-bad-for-you attitude. I mean everyone on the show has lost someone and most have crossed some line but they move on. Maybe she will move forward when Darryl fills her in what he has just went through with the Saviors.

I wonder if that creepy figure that was in the car with Gabriel is the same person that was watching Rick and Aaron when they seizing those supplies from the boat / island whatever that thing was on the lake. But then if so, how did that person connect with Gabriel?

That new group at the end looked super creepy.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I get it that it's probably tough for Rosita to be mad at a dead man no matter how badly he treated her, but her sniping at Sasha still felt like it came out of left field after they seemed to have a nonverbal understanding just one episode ago.

Yes, I'm sure it seemed like out of left field to Sasha since they did have what she thought was a nonverbal understanding.   Apparently Sasha thought things were okay but Rosita is probably still thinking about what went down and she's clearly not over it yet. 

24 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, I'm sure it seemed like out of left field to Sasha since they did have what she thought was a nonverbal understanding.   Apparently Sasha thought things were okay but Rosita is probably still thinking about what went down and she's clearly not over it yet. 

I got the feeling that Rosita is acknowledging that yes, they are on the same team, but she's not ready to be friends or pass the time of day with Sasha yet.  Rosita doesn't know what went on with Abe and Sasha - that Sasha told him that she wasn't going to respond to him until he cut Rosita loose.  For all she knows, Abe and Sasha were going at it like dogs in heat before Abe dumped her.  Really, for all she knows, Sasha could have come on to him first.  So yes, no small talk or girly chitchat right now.  She'll do what she needs to do to save Sasha and TF, but that's it.  Shoot, Sasha only knew Bob for a few weeks, and she was acting all morose after he died.  Rosita and Abe were together for a lot longer than that, so I'm okay with her not being Miss Mary Sunshine for a few weeks.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DearEvette said:

First episode I watched all season...

Rosita was flying her bitch flag high.  And it wasn't the cool sort of bitch but rather the little petty sort.  Jesus, Sasha wasn't asking Rosita to braid her hair,  she was letting out some frustration about their situation and  just happened to be walking next to Rosita at the time.  If she can't put aside the fact that a guy dumped her ass during a fucking Zombie Apocalypse where their group currently being made to bend over and take it by a psychotic bully, then her bitter ass deserves to die.

Oh, you should've seen what a bitch Rosita was to Eugene when she was bullying him into making a bullet for her... The bullet he told her would only potentially cause more problems and potentially get someone killed. Which it did. And then that same person she called a coward sacrificed himself - Eugene had no idea he'd just be taken and not killed - to save her sorry ass.

Rosita should still be feeling guilty for getting Olivia killed and causing Eugene to be taken, in my opinion, and be glad that Sasha is still willing to talk to her after her stupidity. But no, she's more concerned with her own hurt feelings about something that doesn't even matter anymore than getting someone killed and someone else taken away by Negan's group.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Is it just me, or was all the acting not done by Gregory or Simon especially bad?  I mean, Alanna what's her name is heinous at all times, but even Andrew Lincoln and Lenny James sounded stilted to me.  

The writing and the acting especially in the first half of the show was pretty bad. I noticed every time there was a group shot, every person was spaced out dramatically as if they were hitting their mark. I dozed off a few times. Even the King bored me, and he's one of the better actors in the group. I've pretty much lost interest. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Two words: Dolphin. Smooth.

Aaaand, now I feel unclean just writing that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Oh I think Sasha knew about Abe and Rosita because I think I remember Sasha questioning him about her.

Yep, she knew. That's when I revoked Sasha's awesome card. She basically told Abe that she would take him as soon as he dumped Rosita ("settle his business" or something along those lines, she said?). Officially, she didn't sleep and didn't get together with Abe while he was with Rosita, but she gave him the green light all the same. Very hypocritical if you ask me. I'd be with Sasha...actually, I'd have admired Sasha if she didn't let Abraham know about her feelings. Then yes, Rosita would be petty for resenting her. But I suspect that Abraham wouldn't have broken up with Rosita unless he had the certainty he would land on someone else's bed. I do think that both of them are better off without him, and I'm glad that Rosita gets more development now that she isn't "Abe's girlfriend".

I just realized I didn't miss Eugene.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Frankly, the thing I can't wrap my head around is these two attractive women fighting over Abe in the first place.

I guess you've never seen The People's Court, where multiple women are fighting over some slack-jawed loser/criminal/deadbeat/abuser and they all really want him so badly they'll brawl in the street for breeding rights.

The thing with Abe is that I was imagining working with another woman when her man decides he wants me instead and cruelly dumps her. No way could I be like Sasha and welcome him into my bed. And if that man were Abe? Don't think so, but maybe it's just me since I'm biased against gingers in general, especially when they who say things like, "Motherdick" and use "Mixing the Bisquick" as a euphemism for sex. Nope. Just nope.

• Love 5

I agree about Jesus being the leader of the Saviors. I said that in one of the past threads and somebody sent me a PM to spoil things for me. :( Anyway, think of what a twist it would have been had this nice dude been the Big Bad! I might have a more than slight crush on Jesus...

I agree that Gregory is pretty much ignored. Hilltop in general seems to have a "meh" attitude, my beloved Jesus being the exception. He seems to be the only one who cares about anything. Gregory sits in the pristine house and everyone else...grows things? I still don't understand how a group that large would sleep on the ground while a big house sits there still remaining a museum while being pretty much useless otherwise. He should've been disposed of long ago. 

I think maybe so many groups are coming out of the woodwork because the east coast does have a large population. What I'm confused about is how the heck did no one notice them, as other posters have said. And why are they moving around? Anyone who wanted to have a viable community would've found someplace nice, rigged some housing, planted some crops, and got on with their lives. Why keep moving? Pretty much everything salvageable was scavenged long ago. And where are the hordes? I would expect more frequent ones. Maybe the explosive thing is a regular method of dealing with hordes and the Saviors have been slowly dwindling walker numbers since the beginning. 

While I'm going on a tangent about things that make me mad, can we please stop with the brooding? I feel like, at this point, it's "get busy living or get busy dying". If you're not willing to be a part of the group, don't be a part of the group. I don't care about Carol anymore, which makes me sad because she was the best. And Morgan can go play in the woods, too. 

I do, however, like Benjamin and I'd like to see more of his story line, along with his brother and their relationship with Ezekiel. I was telling my mom last night that I think he will be Lucille'd, as other posters guessed. I have a theory his dad is alive and well within the Saviors' compound and maybe he's become one himself. Maybe Benjamin is Lucille'd in front of his dad, his dad leads a small group of Saviors to rebel, and all the groups join together for independence. 1776 part 2, I guess. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I kind of assumed the writers are leading up to a big surprise Daryl/Carol reunion in the woods.  If Daryl knew where Carol was, he would no doubt immediately go to her but the writers want their big fucking AWWWWW moment, so they left Morgan looking the simpleton in that scene.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Has everyone forgotten that Rick's idea to ambush the Saviour's outpost is what got them in the shit to begin with?

What tickled me was Rick's puffing. Rick proclaims We beat them! referring to Negan's outpost. um Rick? It's not hard to beat a bunch of sleeping people LOL

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Rick and his followers beat down people who were awake and fighting back.

And Daryl, please just go away, far far away.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I guess you've never seen The People's Court, where multiple women are fighting over some slack-jawed loser/criminal/deadbeat/abuser and they all really want him so badly they'll brawl in the street for breeding rights.

Oh holy hell, this is going to have me giggling for hours because it's so incredibly, disgustingly true.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Oh, you should've seen what a bitch Rosita was to Eugene when she was bullying him into making a bullet for her... The bullet he told her would only potentially cause more problems and potentially get someone killed. Which it did. And then that same person she called a coward sacrificed himself - Eugene had no idea he'd just be taken and not killed - to save her sorry ass.

Rosita should still be feeling guilty for getting Olivia killed and causing Eugene to be taken, in my opinion, and be glad that Sasha is still willing to talk to her after her stupidity. But no, she's more concerned with her own hurt feelings about something that doesn't even matter anymore than getting someone killed and someone else taken away by Negan's group.

Seeing as how Rosita put her life on the line for Eugene for weeks / months?  to keep him alive when they were doing the whole get Eugene to DC so he can save the world routine, I get where she might not feel terribly respectful towards his lying ass.   And I think Rosita can stand around feeling guilty when every other character's who gotten people killed, starting with Rick, show how remorseful they are.  

I don't know if Rosita is feeling hurt, I think she just didn't want to play nice with Sasha.  And why should she?  It's not like they were besties before the whole Abe thing.  I don't remember any real interaction between the two of them before.    So she blew her off.  Just keeping it real.  Sasha's a big girl, she can handle it.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

But here is the thing that is REALLY bothering me...WHERE IS JUDITH? Wasn't Gabriel her babysitter? Maybe I missed it, but when they got back and found Gabriel had left with supplies and a car, was there any mention of her whereabouts? 

I wondered too. Rick and Carl are off doing recruiting, Denise is dead and there goes Gabriel.

Lord if Lori was alive I can only imagine the grief she'd be getting for not looking after her child.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

What tickled me was Rick's puffing. Rick proclaims We beat them! referring to Negan's outpost. um Rick? It's not hard to beat a bunch of sleeping people LOL

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Rick and his followers beat down people who were awake and fighting back.

Not only did they slaughter a bunch of sleeping people, which okay that's fine, doesn't have to be a fair fight, Carol and Maggie were also kidnapped as part of that shindig, more or less a direct result of Rick's typical piss poor planning and lack of any meaningful recon before he started blowing people away.

• Love 5

I will give TWD production team one thing for this episode... they are doing some things quite wrong this season (at least in the A half) and I really dislike the lack of all possible (in show) realism during the direct aftermath of it, but the use of the two cars+steel wire to mow down a bunch of the walkers was pretty damn cool.  [don't forget this type of thing for solving future problems, writers!!]

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

They couldn't have merely been sleeping. They were either drugged or in comas where they heard nothing and never woke up, even when Glenn and Heath stood over them, wrangling, sniveling and agonizing over moral choices, etc.

5 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

But here is the thing that is REALLY bothering me...WHERE IS JUDITH?

I bitched about this ages ago, that introducing babies into a show sidetracks it, because audiences spend too much time worrying about the babies - where are they? Are they getting enough to eat? Who is changing their diapers? I worried that she was getting no stimulation of any kind - no toys, colours etc., getting jackets and bags thrown over her head and that her mental growth would be stunted. Judith was dragged around during the dog-eating era with her little fuzzy head exposed to the burning sun and I worried about that too. Babies are always a mistake.

23 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

I truly hope to never EVER see him trot up to anyone and push his head into their shoulder, nuzzling them like "Lassie" who "Came Home" and is looking for pets.

1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

I just realized I didn't miss Eugene.

I forgot his existence until someone mentioned him further upthread. That's odd, because with the way things have gone on this show lately, he's been my favorite. How fickle are we viewers? Heh...

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I forgot his existence until someone mentioned him further upthread. That's odd, because with the way things have gone on this show lately, he's been my favorite. How fickle are we viewers? Heh...

How could anyone forget 'Haircut'?  That imaginary ammo ain't gonna make itself.

I got a sick kick out of that little scene from the previous episode......
Savior chick:  "What are you staring at, Haircut?  You like watching?"
Eugene:  "Yes.  ....  I mean, no."

Still mentally ROFL-ing at that.  And a callback to a past very minor canon plot-point.  Kudos writers!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

How could anyone forget 'Haircut'?  That imaginary ammo ain't gonna make itself.

I got a sick kick out of that little scene from the previous episode......
Savior chick:  "What are you staring at, Haircut?  You like watching?"
Eugene:  "Yes.  ....  I mean, no."

Still mentally ROFL-ing at that.  And a callback to a past very minor canon plot-point.  Kudos writers!

I think the real reason Negan took Eugene is he got wind of this part of Eugene's resume and he had an opening for the position of offical "watcher" at his harem.  It's Eugene's dream job and a great career move for him.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kbilly said:

I find Ezekial's act perplexing to the point of being a detriment to the show.  My main reason is that I can't figure out what the benefit is of presenting himself to outsiders like he's out of his mind.  And its definitely a mask he puts on primarily for outsiders.  The 'knights' let their act drop when they recognized Jesus. It seemed like Jesus might be more used to interacting with the Kingdom normally and he had to keep remembering to play the part that Ezekiel wanted.

Is it a test?  Is he trying to find out if outsiders will fit in with their make believe world and be cheerful about it?  Do they want to separate the good people from the bad by rooting out the people who would try to take advantage of the "mentally ill"?  Convince the outsiders they weren't a threat?

Did that work with Neegan?

That's my biggest problem with Ezekiel.  I can't see anything in his act that would convince Neegan to let Ezekial maintain the fiction that Neegan isn't really in charge.  Neegan escalates.  It doesn't seem like routine deliveries would placate Neegan.  He wants more and more.  And he would want the entire community cowed.

Rick's smile at the end was basically relief that he didn't have to count on a nuttier version of Morgan.  And damn, I hadn't really thought about it before now but Morgan really fits in with the image Ezekiel is presenting of the Kingdom.

Rick is thrilled to find an army of Michonnes. 

• Love 7